Preppopolis: Nov 13th (now with Xbox One/PS4)

PreppyPreppy act like you're used to itJoined: Posts: 14,002 admin
edited November 2016 in Northwest
On a random Friday or Saturday of each month (typically, sometimes this may change due to travel), peeps are invited to my place for poker and games. If you don't want to play poker, people typically play video games alongside anyways.

The date of the next shindig is in the thread title, starting around 5PM. Nobody ever shows up on time, but we're all used to that. Poker starts when people get there, before that it's just games and hanging out. If you're actually going to show up "on time", POST UP. Everybody always asks me when people are going to show up, and since nobody ever tells me... I can't help you. If people want to show up and play an earlier game, post up and we should be able to make it happen.

==Amenities==
* poker tables: sits 12 or so
* 55" LCD HDTV in media room with Xbox One, PS4, and Xbox 360
* 40" LCD in living room with Xbox 360
* 23" ASUS VH236H (Evo monitor) with Xbox 360

=Games=
* 1 PlayStation 4 with Street Fighter V, MK:XL, 1 Mad Catz SFV TE S+ stick
* 1 Xbox One: KI
* 3 Xbox 360s: SFxT, KOFXIII, UMvC3 (2 copies), SSF4:AE (1 copy), MK:9, SSF4 (2 copies), ST HD Remix, MvC2, SC4, VF5. 2 Xbox 360 Perfect 360 MAS sticks, 1 MvC2 TE stick, 8 regular controllers, 3 Kinects
* 1 DreamCasts: CvS2, 3S, MvC2, MvC1, SF3, SSF2X, Super Puzzle Fighter. 2 Perfect 360 MAS sticks, 5 EMS Total Control Plus Playstation to Dreamcast converters.

BYOC if you want anything else. Fancy hi-def games have priority on the LCDs.

Rules:
* Don't wear your shoes in the house.
* Only eat or drink in the kitchen. I'm tired of removing carpet stains. You can drink water elsewhere, but each and every time people have come over there has been spilled food or pop.
* Smoke or vape outside only and throw away your butts into the butt bucket.
* Be nice! It is my home after all.
* Don't be random/ugly
* If for some weird reason you actually support Trump, don't talk about it: I really don't want to know.
* No trench coats. No guns. If you really need weapons of any sort in my house, you are not my kind of person.
* Throw away your trash. It makes my morning much nicer. This very much DOES mean any food bags you bring in, since those fill up the counter.
* The blue trash can under the sink (and in the garage) is for RECYCLING, not for trash. :tup:
* If you need to crash, that's cool, but be out by 5AM plz. :D

EDIT: Updated to 2016. Damn it's been a bit.
Post edited by Preppy on

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
"If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Comments

• IceNineIceNine Cuban B Joined: Posts: 996
    I'm down, I'm back in town the 26th.
  • Super JoeSuper Joe dance2thafuckingbeat Joined: Posts: 1,001
    Count me in I'm off of work the 23rd thru the 2nd. I might have to work one day, on the 27th but if we get the project done then I'm free....
    "Terrance, dude I know you so I know your serious and shit about Street Fighter and I know your doing all your shit for the right reasons but its hard as fuck to read your posts dude." Famous Nate
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Count.................me in!
  • Zigmover21Zigmover21 White Integrity Joined: Posts: 1,072
    Ditto.
    Po-Chop Ninja Kick!!!
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,002 admin
    I was trying to get a second table, since that's easier/quicker than finding a sofa that I like...

Jeff says that this is best, this is 2nd, and this is Crap. The first only fits 6, but maybe that's okay.

I'm open to suggestion - I'd probably spend about 150 or so offhand.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

I kinda like the first one the best.
    RouletteDare: yeah frank stopped respondin to IMs like an hour ago
    Super Joe1182: LOL
    RouletteDare: probably playin burnout or somethin
    Super Joe1182: you know that's a religion now right?
    RouletteDare: church of burnout
    Super Joe1182: Rev Dank is in the house tonight......can I get a AMEN and a boost?
    RouletteDare: nasty
    "Terrance, dude I know you so I know your serious and shit about Street Fighter and I know your doing all your shit for the right reasons but its hard as fuck to read your posts dude." Famous Nate
    JMar says: I'm in.

Hey Zach, you gonna have the table for Wednesday or you're still trying to narrow it down? Just played some Christmas poker down here and I'm ready for some action when I get back. :karate:
    JMar helped me pick up the first one from the list, so now I just need to get some more chairs. :smile:

• MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,252
    I know you've posted it before, but can I get your address? I just realized this topic said Poker/Gaming Get-Together and not just Poker Get-Together. Kept ignoring it because I... don't play poker. :lol:

Thinking of showing up. :wonder:
    KOForever WHY IS 14 SO UGLY whyyyy is alex's neutral stance so ugly
  • NolanderNolander The best cheese! Joined: Posts: 436
    you can count in the nolander... revenge on those skyway haters, if they show up.
    I can't believe this is my burger!
    Nope, I gotta work tomorrow night :(....

Next time I'll show up. Gave over yeahhhhhhhh!
    Somebody please make sure I finally give Frank his copy of Marvel tonight. :confused:

Thanks for playing y'all. Row, you're WEAK! :smile:

Next shindig is Fri Jan 6th.

Peace.

Thanks for having us, I had a blast. Those straights didn't stop coming lol...
    Good times. Who won the second tourney?
    Po-Chop Ninja Kick!!!
  • ICD-3ICD-3 Obvious Oblivious Joined: Posts: 765
    Zigmover21 wrote:

Joe Bray.
    You fuckin minuscule humans
    I was better than you as a middle-school student.
    Zigmover21 wrote:

I did with an Ace high straight lol, followed by Kyle and Row.
    Awesome plays by Sean to win the first round after dwindling down to nearly nothing waiting for cards. I'll try to learn from that patience, but man it's hard for me to sit and wait. =\

We still on for Friday? Who's coming besides the great Joe Bray? :rofl:
  • Taiga_KneeTaiga_Knee Facsimileclock4 Joined: Posts: 1,129
    Seriously who is coming? Drew-Dub got the day off and we were going to come up if people are attending. How much is the buy in?
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=91720
  • ICD-3ICD-3 Obvious Oblivious Joined: Posts: 765
    Super Joe are you going, and if so can I get a ride? For real this time.
    You fuckin minuscule humans
    I was better than you as a middle-school student.
    skyway will be there: me, minh, and garms

Buy in better be 10 bucks
    Werd. No more waiting for Tac-Town.

Possible guest appearance by TOMHILFIGER!!!!!! Passionate Brownie consumer and Tekken legend!
    Po-Chop Ninja Kick!!!
    Perhaps you should bring T5 down Robert, should he show up.
    Shit I'll bring over my PS2 and my stick if he's gonna be there. Gotta facilitate out of towners and all that. I don't think anyone's ready for my 4 month untouched Lee. A lot of d 3+4 just to hear the noise. And b 1+2. You know how we do
  • Taiga_KneeTaiga_Knee Facsimileclock4 Joined: Posts: 1,129
    New additions to the trip are Sam B and Jetay. Possibly Quentin.
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=91720
    wooo big pot tonight :badboy:
    ^-- Don't get banned, son. If you win via a straight you didn't know you had again, I'm pulling out my soccer referee cards and giving you a Red Card Warning. :lol:

lol in my defense i was mad sick that night and i was looking for another hand and missed the straight.

i was real lucky that night tho, lost count of how many high straights i had. :wgrin:
    You better watch out, Frank will be at this tourney. Who will win!?

IceNine

or

FrankDaDank

Get ready for the next battle....................
  • FrAnkDAdAnkFrAnkDAdAnk Commentator Joined: Posts: 4,258 mod
    i don't know what that means but ok.........
    New site...new signature....
    JMar wants money matches.

I'll money match peeps too, up to say $20 or so.

* Row, Frank, and I split the pot in the end, since the 18-man tourney was taking way too long.
    * Don't trust Nadja to pour you drinks. Ask Drew if you need details. She's wicked.
    * Marvel is tight. I'm dedicating my tourney winnings to buying a new stick. Jetay, your stick is delightfully ghetto. Please replace the fierce button or kittens will cry.

Peeps are invited over Feb 3rd for the next poker/gaming at my place. (First Fridays...) :tup:

a lot of aggressive play from skyway this time, by the time i got to 2nd table i was broke as hell til garms finally took me out. keep me away from him and kyle next time :rofl:
  • fatbearfatbear Hebrew Hammer Joined: Posts: 1,021
    Sounds like you guys had a good time. I should come next time.
  • hairymasterhairymaster THE CHAMP IS HERE! Joined: Posts: 371
    After being disgusted by poker, marvel restored my faith in games. Good shit to the winners and hope to see everyone again next month.
    KuanEasy: u think males or females more horny
    LiLAsNRoMeO: umm
    LiLAsNRoMeO: i think guys express it more
    LiLAsNRoMeO: but i think its kinda equal
    KuanEasy: wow
    KuanEasy: that was the most intelligent thing that youve ever typed in your life

sentcablecap: man if i have gf
    sentcablecap: i'll send her to training mode everyday
    Hahaha shut up.

This past weekend, was a bad weekend for poker.
    so i take it theres no fulltilt jersey? what about jeff?
    IceNine wrote:
    so i take it theres no fulltilt jersey? what about jeff?

both me and mandel went out really early

none of us were prepared for the kind of conservative play we ran into. At my table it was honestly 2 players playing, me and another guy.

both of us had a decent amount of chips.

until i raised with my pocket 7s and he went over the top with his pocket Js. He had been playing a ridiculous amount of hands (much like myself) so i called him. He won of course. I then went out.

Regardless. For those 45 mins I played great fucking poker, so i don't feel bad. I did learn some shit though.

Poker is bomb.

Also, its 2:11 AM right now and i am TRASHED!!! I havent been this drunk since myh bday. thank god ian isnt here to pucke on my floor.

i just thought i'd point that out. See you all next zach's gathering!
  • NolanderNolander The best cheese! Joined: Posts: 436
    Preppy wrote:
    * Don't trust Nadja to pour you drinks. Ask Drew if you need details. She's wicked.

now y'all see why i don't drink with najah anymore. =] jetay probably got the worst of it, just don't take anything she said too seriously. good times...
    I can't believe this is my burger!
  • OMNEOMNE The Negrologist Joined: Posts: 1,344
    lol, yeah, that shit was kinda stupid, but trust me bro, i wasn't trying shit. thats why i got up. i did like that 4x shot that she gave me though.. liqour > white girls
    This shit isnt even a battle anymore.... you dont even have a army...... Its sad you trying to get shine by half assing tactics real people showed you...
    I would expect someone who thinks Clyde Drexler was a better dunker than Shawn Kemp to do something like that. Cmon baby....
    what exactly did i do. KISS THE RINGS!!!!! Clyde > Kemp,
    This shit isnt even a battle anymore.... you dont even have a army...... Its sad you trying to get shine by half assing tactics real people showed you...
    Clyde's overall accomplishments>Kemp's for sure

If you think dunk wise he's doper than Kemp......you must've got in contact with Kuaneasy and got some of that Bellevue Bomb. Cause you're thinking is straight kaka.
    The Glide sucked at dunking in NBA JAMS. But Kemp has seven illegitimate children. I'm not sure how that balances out, but I think it means that Clyde is about 10000x smarter, even if he got 5x less action.

*orders new MAS stick*

EDIT Sticks should be here in two weeks. :bgrin:

If my stick suck so bad Zach, how come people were winning on mine and getting completly waxed on both of yours............ Fuck NBA JAM, it was a conspiracy to keep portland down, not like we don't do a good enough job of it on our own
    The best part about NBA JAM was the the creators were unabashed fanboys and tilted the game in the favor of their favorite team. That's awesome. Great game. I wish there were more games like that.

No, I just got INSANELY frustrated when I was playing on your stick and at first Fierce wasn't coming out - nothing else going on, just a simple fierce, key to both Cable's jump gun and Megaman's EH EH EH EH EH madness - and THEN switch-out not working for the exact same bad Fierce reason. I think your stick is probably okay, but I'm betting 10 to 1 that your Fierce is going to need to be replaced within the next six months if you actually use the stick. I suspect your spring is going bad, which is pretty much the exact same problem Tilt had when I was there. I think it's because I press on the top half of the button, whereas Tilt kind proved that Portlanders use the lower half of the button. Random but true.

I don't mind losing if I get beat or play badly, but if I play like a chump it pisses me off. Like the Megaman shot going the wrong way, Tron and Megaman get snapped and Evil Wins - I know that cross-up happens, it's a game bug and I was trying to be clever, and I'll groan and say it's Marvel. But when buttons don't come out at all, it's just so sad. I don't mind when Cable jumps for joy as opposed to AHVB, but goddamn it's sad when a simple FP doesn't come out. :smile:

And it's not about your sticks so much as improving the quality of sticks available at my place. Other sticks are more than welcome, but I shouldn't have to rely on your generosity when we know full well that one of those days you're going to Hulk Smash that behemoth. :lol:

The Portland Jailblazers crack me up. I mean, when these Sonics can look down on you, OW! If I was the team owner, I'd be pretty pissed off that I poored that much money into the team and they just stink.