Preppopolis: Nov 13th (now with Xbox One/PS4)

Comments

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,296 admin
    Free Hoover TurboPower 6200 vacuum cleaner to the first person who can pick it up. Works fine, I just got a new bagless vacuum cleaner.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

• KuenaiKuenai Outta Gas Joined: Posts: 2,249
    Free Hoover TurboPower 6200 vacuum cleaner to the first person who can pick it up. Works fine, I just got a new bagless vacuum cleaner.

I'd be down for that sometime early next week if I can make it down to grab my parts and favorite pyrex dish I left =(
    If you play marvel, WATCH JOO'S DVD. And please seed :D
  • ICD-3ICD-3 Obvious Oblivious Joined: Posts: 765
    I'd be down for that sometime early next week if I can make it down to grab my parts and favorite pyrex dish I left =(

Heh. Kuenai: the only motherfucker "in" (yes I use this term loosely) the NW scene who is more down to pick up a vacuum cleaner then he is to enter a tourney. Good shit.

edit: forgot to type a couple words
    You fuckin minuscule humans
    I was better than you as a middle-school student.
  • Messatsu OrochiMessatsu Orochi Joshimitsu! Joined: Posts: 1,557
    Heh. Kuenai: the only motherfucker "in" (yes I use this term loosely) the NW scene who is more down to pick up a vacuum cleaner then he is to enter a tourney. Good shit.

edit: forgot to type a couple words

seriously. honestly, jamie, i dont appreciate your negative/anti-social attitude to people you dont even know. but ill keep the rest of whats on my mind out of this thread.
    Tha Deezo (2:53:20 AM): I have a better chance of marrying Utada than he does of winning a tourney here with Chun
    Tha Deezo (2:53:22 AM): QUOTE ME
    Strider Ibuki - 8bit sprite by ReyArt
  • Riki-ohRiki-oh aka Emanuel Joined: Posts: 1,640
    So I'm definitely going to make it to this next event BUT I have work until 9:30 or 10. Since I got 2nd at the last event I was wondering if I could get a buy or something so I can have a little more time to make it. If not it's cool but I'm hoping something can be worked out.
    "You're just the baby school!"
  • FrAnkDAdAnkFrAnkDAdAnk Commentator Joined: Posts: 4,258 mod
    So I'm definitely going to make it to this next event BUT I have work until 9:30 or 10. Since I got 2nd at the last event I was wondering if I could get a buy or something so I can have a little more time to make it. If not it's cool but I'm hoping something can be worked out.

Actually since you got 2nd, you'll be playing jimmy first round (1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th) =O.
    New site...new signature....
    Actually since you got 2nd, you'll be playing jimmy first round (1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th) =O.

LOL tight well I hope I can still make it in time to play.
  • jalapNojalapNo CEO of S.I.N.dustry Joined: Posts: 2,446
    So I'm definitely going to make it to this next event BUT I have work until 9:30 or 10. Since I got 2nd at the last event I was wondering if I could get a bye* or something so I can have a little more time to make it. If not it's cool but I'm hoping something can be worked out.

E-man, you're so funny. :)
    S.I.N.dustry
    XBL: MaDpNo1
  • IceNineIceNine Cuban B Joined: Posts: 996
    I'll be in NYC for the next one, probably no tournaments for me until Evo (not like it matters anyway).
    I'll be in NYC for the next one, probably no tournaments for me until Evo (not like it matters anyway).

damn baller
    Tha Deezo (2:53:20 AM): I have a better chance of marrying Utada than he does of winning a tourney here with Chun
  • bowflexmikebowflexmike smoking evergreens finest... Joined: Posts: 332
    and i HAD to move to idaho....lol i actually used to look forward to this
    Born a felon who loves watermelon..
  • jacob2umfjacob2umf i lose Joined: Posts: 1,303
    hey chris can you grab me a yankees fitted, the regular dark blue with the white ny? also you gotta hit up fulton street for the grossness. oh man if you can stop by supreme nyc and pic me up a plain tee or a fitted id pay you for that too. i need a 7 5/8 or 7 1/2...ACTUALLY they have this veteran style trucker hat with the vine weaves on the bill if you see that shit just grab me the blue one and thats all i want. i can give you money before you leave or pay you when you come back. stop by atmos if you can too, maybe daves quality meats but i dont really want shit from dqm.
    [05:01] OMNE23: Kenny reminds me of Vega, Just african, with a Dildo for a claw and has sickle cell[05:02] xxcrazyace03xx: Thats okay your face reminds of me of Kabal with his mask off.
  • DigiMishDigiMish mik-hail Joined: Posts: 808
    Looking forward to the next tourney.

I got my stick, and I've been trying to get used to it, but I keep getting my ass handed to me by pretty average people. It's pretty frustrating actually lol... while I don't do random jumps anymore like I used to, I can only pull off the ultra like 50% of the time. sigh.

Anybody got any general stick tips besides just practice?

I just play around in training mode for about a half hour every day before hitting up real matches.
  • dkn29dkn29 Mayor of Bellevue Joined: Posts: 607
    Do the trials, all of them, until you can't anymore. That's how I went from zero to hero on the stick in less than a month. But yeah, put in the time and make sure it's comfortable for you.
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,214
    and i HAD to move to idaho....lol i actually used to look forward to this

but who will i burn with? D:
    in training...
    So I got my shift switched so I'll be able to make it there on time as usual. Hopefully this deal goes through with a friend of mine and I get a a 360 SE for some shoes and a jacket. I'm putting a Preacher template on my PS3 SE and a Transmetropolitan template on my 360 SE :lovin:
  • h.dukeh.duke drewfus Joined: Posts: 314
    I can only pull off the ultra like 50% of the time. sigh.

Anybody got any general stick tips besides just practice?

I improved my qcf motions by making absolutely sure to hold :r: during the button press. For some reason if I went back to neutral (as suggested), i would srk or screw it up somehow.
    Muscles > Hadoukens
  • MechanicaMechanica elias the flyest Joined: Posts: 6,252
    but who will i burn with? D:

sup. :smokin:
    KOForever WHY IS 14 SO UGLY whyyyy is alex's neutral stance so ugly
  • ElliottElliott Shout outs Joined: Posts: 803
    Cross-post from SeattleVersus thread:

Okay, update on the Team Northwest t-shirts

YES, I HAVE THEM IN HAND.

YES, THEY WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AT PREPPY'S TOMORROW.

YES, THEY LOOK RAW AS FUCK. THE PERFECT THING TO WEAR WHILE PLAYING SF AND/OR PILOTING YOUR GUNDAM IN SPACE.

BRING $15 IF YOU WANT ONE.

If you pre-ordered by leaving a comment on the post on SeattleVersus, your size(s) will be MARKED and SET ASIDE FOR YOU.

If you did not pre-order, I have aproximately 2-3 extras per size (S-XXXL) to sell. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED ON NON-PREORDERED SHIRTS.

Total run was 48 shirts.

Now let me say a few disclaimers so I don't have to start beefin or getting in my gundam tomorrow night:

Don't ask me for a free shirt or to "hook you up" with one for cheap, because at $15, you are already getting hooked up. NOBODY IS GETTING A FREE SHIRT EXCEPT FOR ZACH.

You best believe if I was balling out of control I'd be making it rain and giving these fuckers away for free. Sadly that is not the case; I'm unemployed and overdrew my checking account today to pay for these. It was not cheap. The $15 is barely covering the cost of the shirts, printing, my time, and gas to back and forth from downtown Seattle. Besides, go into GOODS and tell me how much they're selling tees for down there.

I'm not going to accept IOUs or anything because I basically need to get that money back in my account this weekend, and because I hate having to hunt down/harass/hound people for money.

PLEASE, PLEASE BRING YOUR CASH TOMORROW NIGHT. I would hate for you to not get one of these DOPE-ASS SHIRTS.

SEATTLEVERSUS WE MAJOR.

Thank you,
    -The Management
    "What do you want to spend all your time getting better at life or a video game?" -The Future

www.seattleversus.com
    I can't rep you again yet, but I did try.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

• DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,214
    ^ Same, but I won't be making it out to Zach's tomorrow. Hopefully I can swing by to grab it before I'm busy
    in training...
  • Imperator215Imperator215 Joined: Posts: 907
    Sweet! I'm bringing my cash for SURE.

Hey Zach, is it cool if I bring two of my other SF4 buddies through to your place? I promise they're not random and ugly.
    Repped him for you guys, not that my rep is that strong. Wish I had the gwop to buy a shirt.
  • mastermindmastermind BACON STRIPS Joined: Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hopefully I can make it on time to cop me a shirt.

...yes, I'm finally coming from across the water. I'll be bringing my brother with me, too. So it'll be great times. :woot:
    -mastermind. NEXT TIME, WE EAT FIGHT STICKS.

SF2 code: t+ c(+) T-@+ r f(++) g@+ m? s->++ v+ M- n--:-- o+
  • MomarMomar doc ock Joined: Posts: 131
    Damn, wish I could make it tomorrow, but girlfriend's coming to town. Have fun chaps! :)
  • MyNameIsPaulleeMyNameIsPaullee washed up never was Joined: Posts: 1,253
    Hey guys I'm heading down and I'm getting a ride with Dan.
    풍림꼬마 LOL
  • GhrrkGhrrk Bun Bi Joined: Posts: 1,268
    I'll be there between 8 and 9, with the gwop for a tshirt. Thanks elliot
    Face it straight!
    yeah, np. :smile:

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    hey, I'd love to get my ass kicked at SF4/Blazblue. My friends can't hack it anymore. I'll come up from Puyallup, show up around 8-9ish. I am fairly ugly and random, but I can bring some boozahol if you want ;)
  • ElliottElliott Shout outs Joined: Posts: 803
    I am fairly ugly and random
    some boozahol

Not a good combination.

The "no ugly, no random" rules are not jokes.
    "What do you want to spend all your time getting better at life or a video game?" -The Future

www.seattleversus.com
    Hopefully I can make it on time to cop me a shirt.

...yes, I'm finally coming from across the water. I'll be bringing my brother with me, too. So it'll be great times. :woot:

finally hahaha
  • AirthrowAirthrow Joined: Posts: 4,525
    I should be there this time. :karate:
    RIP Group B Rallying 1982-1986
    boozahol
    how old are ya?
    Not a good combination.

real talk
  • jacob2umfjacob2umf i lose Joined: Posts: 1,303
    elliott if youre in seattle for some random reason you should drop by the hotel me and josh work at so i can cash you out for 2 SHIRTS MY NIGGA, CASH MAHHNEEY in hand.

did you get that xs baby tee for jeff? hahahahah
    [05:01] OMNE23: Kenny reminds me of Vega, Just african, with a Dildo for a claw and has sickle cell[05:02] xxcrazyace03xx: Thats okay your face reminds of me of Kabal with his mask off.
  • DrDoomKillsDrDoomKills seattleMADE Joined: Posts: 522
    hah you're funny! you'd wish i wear xs so u can see my body.. gay guy haha
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Not a good combination.

ok, well, I was joking, and offering to bring booze is just something I do to be polite when going to some stranger's house for any form of shindig. I'm just a classy motherfucker like that :bgrin:

how old are ya?

I'm 26. I don't remember where I picked up words like "boozahol." Too much boozahol will do that.
  • mikehascookiesmikehascookies cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk Joined: Posts: 910
    I'll be there tonight. Anyone down for blazblue casuals? The game is hella fun, and I really wanna learn how to play.
    DB ALL DAY!
    I'm fine with alcohol. I'm not fine with drunk since it's my house and people break things. *shrug*

• FrAnkDAdAnkFrAnkDAdAnk Commentator Joined: Posts: 4,258 mod
    I'm going to try to make it tonight. I'm going to bring some more of those doctors mask for ppl that want to wear one when they are around me (or to help me not feel so japaneesy) I don't want anyone to use my stick either, but if you're hell bent on taking a risk of getting ill well shit that's on you.
    New site...new signature....
  • MysticShadow1453MysticShadow1453 Joined: Posts: 309
    I'll be there tonight. Anyone down for blazblue casuals? The game is hella fun, and I really wanna learn how to play.

hell yes i am im loving this game right now hopefully someone brings a setup for it