What makes you salty?

1212223242527»

Comments

• HomunculiHomunculi Joined: Posts: 141
    Doom missiles.
    UMVC3 - Wesker/Doom/Dormammu
    KoF 13 - Ryo/Elizabeth/Leona
  • D4GamersD4Gamers Just Like Cap! Joined: Posts: 268
    yea but if it works why change they aren't going to any tournaments and are probably enjoying themselves also if your getting hit by it its your fault.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't be any less salty about it. Especially when the reason we got hit was because of the god awful lag in this game.

Teabaggers, Taunters, 1winquitters. I hope you all get raped in a dark alley one day and I hope the guy doing it teabags the shit out of your face.
    -Vanilla MvC3: Main:Zero/ Viper/ Taskmaster I Alt: Skrull/ Wesker/ Sentinel
    -Ultimate MvC3:Main: Spencer/ Hulk/ Doom I Alt: Doom/ Akuma/ Strider
    - Currently learning: Ironfist, Dante, Frank West

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Doesn't mean we shouldn't be any less salty about it. Especially when the reason we got hit was because of the god awful lag in this game.

Teabaggers, Taunters, 1winquitters. I hope you all get raped in a dark alley one day and I hope the guy doing it teabags the shit out of your face.
    I seriously dont get where the extreme amount of lag is and that is even when I'm playing a guy from japan its still playable for us both and they are using viper...
    I seriously dont get where the extreme amount of lag is and that is even when I'm playing a guy from japan its still playable for us both and they are using viper...

Funny you say this, I just made an incredible discovery tonight. For some reason, Online ranked has a lot less lag then player matches or lobbies, I mean the difference is incredibly significant. Seeing as I don't play ranked, this was a very very much needed surprise. I'll definitely be playing most of my time on Ranked from now on.

• WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the main thing that irks me is that people that play online a lot have these patterns that they never diverge from, they play the same game every time and never try new things. It's extremely annoying and boring to play with people like that, and it seems to be a large part of the online community that does it. By patterns, I just mean the same setups, same mixups, same combos, it's just boring and predictable. Every once in a while I find a player that seems to use their head while playing and we proceed to have good matches, if the network allows it.

People will continue to do shit over and over offline too; especially if it works.
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Funny you say this, I just made an incredible discovery tonight. For some reason, Online ranked has a lot less lag then player matches or lobbies, I mean the difference is incredibly significant. Seeing as I don't play ranked, this was a very very much needed surprise. I'll definitely be playing most of my time on Ranked from now on.
    if they are are in europe the lag isn't enough to really make a difference but when I play someone in brazil/america its noticable but not enough to change how you play really but on the other side of the world its just meh you notice the lag but just have to be slightly more simple :)
  • J.DJ.D Fortune favors the prepared... Joined: Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get Salty when I get hit by stuff that's unintended by my opponent.
    Twitter: @SRKJD
    UMVC3: Spencer/Dante/Magneto
    XBL: TRUJD3S
  • TheTR3NDSETTATheTR3NDSETTA Joined: Posts: 238
    Well I just started playing marvel again after a 1 month hiatus.... I've been on my halo 4 shit but that marvel itch made me pop my cd in my Xbox again.... Needless to say I played a few ranked matches, won most of them, then proceeded to lose to a frank west lvl4 setup team in a lobby.... The amazing thing is I wasn't even salty. Some things in this game you are just going to lose to and the sooner you understand that... The less salty you will be
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    It was a pleasure destroying your top tier chars.
  • TheReaIKingKongTheReaIKingKong AE....? Givin' it a try. Joined: Posts: 47
    A Salty-Vent thread? Excellent. Here's come my Salt-Rant. Bear with me fellas.

- Players who use Zero AND/OR Vergil. And it infuriates me when they THINK they're good.

To put simply, Zero and Vergil are just fuckin... cheap as hell. My main complaint are their normals. Their normals are godlike in different aspects: whether it is speed, recovery, cancellable, or range.

And it's not like the players who use Zero and Vergil are god like, nor are they fuckin' smart (until proven otherwise), but their characters are totally doing all the heavy lifting for them. Sure, I'm more than willing to admit that you have to have FAIR execution, but in the end, isn't getting your execution just spending your time in training mode, literally rinsing and repeating? Not to mention it doesn't take a brain to WIN with these two characters.

Zero's normals are so safe, it's not even fuckin' fun anymore; I seriously try to avoid playing Zeros (not that I can't beat them every now and then) so I don't get so fuckin' boiled up inside. The only time I'll play a Zero is when I have no choice (e.g. - Tourneys, Casuals where I don't have a choice to leave). The fact that he has the ability to put you in a long-ass block string isn't because the players have god like timing or anything, it's because you can literally press any fuckin' button with Zero, and he's safe. And his fuckin' Heavy, C, B, Circle, whatever button it is, hits two ways in the air, and can sometimes hit high AND low. And his Range! Don't get me started with his range... Sure, his it doesn't compare to someone like Vergil or Sentinel, but given his size and how CAPCOM fucked up proportioning his hitbox, it's just plain ludacris in comparison to the cast. His Genmu-Zero lvl 3 hyper? It's not even useful anymore, UNLESS you're doing it to get out of a sticky situation, which is fucked up, because it'll always fuckin' win... BUT! Who needs his Genmu Zero, now that he has these devious Sou-Genmu Lightning Loops... For everybody's goddamn information, which does roughly 400,000 unscaled damage, WITH 1 METER!!!!!!!!!

Zero = CAPCOM's definition of incredibly balanced, super fair character. What a fuckin' joke.

The infamous, and still rising, Tier-Whore using Vergils... Vergil's normals have so much fuckin' range; sure, people bring up the argument, "But if he whiffs, he's wide open for a punish." WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would press a button if they know they're going to whiff??? Not to mention, since his goddamn range reaches nearly full fuckin' screen, it's not like you're ever going to whiff anyways. You can literally spam H & S in XF, and your opponent will probably be dead. Again, just like Zero, you can just spam with Vergil, and you're half-way of learning how to win in this oh-so balanced game... Now let's talk about his Swords super, known better as the "Gucci Belt." We all know how swords can endure a crap load of projectiles and hypers? Yeah, that's totally fucked up already. Oh, you know what else it does? It'll chip the crap out of you until you're dead. And one more thing, if people didn't already know this bull shit. You know how there are Strider XF3 Ouroboros spammers? DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT ANYMORE, because I figured out that swords actually beats Strider's spammy/scrubby Level 3 Ouroboros hyper! Isn't that just fantastic?? Oh man.. what on earth was CAPCOM thinking when they gave him that? It was probably because they weren't thinking when they made him, very similarly to those who use him. Oh lord, I completely forgot to mention that he can do Sword Loops while gaining meter in between? Isn't that just fuckin' peachy? It makes my fuckin' day. And last but not least, Vergil's mindless Helmbreakers and Rapid Slashes. I have no trouble blocking these for the most part, but when it DOES get me, or when they spam these moves in X-Factor, it's just sooo fuckin' maddening. Helmbreaker is only punishable by chicken blocking, CORRECTLY, OR wasting an X-Factor to punish, given that they HAVEN'T spent it yet. And sure, you can hit or throw Vergil out of his rapid slash, but let's face it, the percentage of people punishing rapid slash is A LOT lower than those who get hit by it. Not to mention, this move fuckin' crosses up (again with the "not needing a brain to use this character").

Total. Bull. Shit.

I'd say the main reason why I hate these characters, or hate this game in general, is because people without brains can make it so fuckin' far in the tournament scene... What happen to the whole "Fighting Games = Mind Games" and how "Pure Skill > Scrubby Spammers." Smart Players like RayRay, Moons, and Fanatiq get no lime light because there are these tier-whoring people out there who love to win using gimmicks, rather than their brains. And this next statement may sound contradictory to the prior, but I'm glad no Zeros or Vergils have been consistently placing these big tournaments; it just goes to show, that you can't (and certainly don't deserve) to win if you're using these Near-Flawless, top-tier characters. You NEED a brain to achieve greatness you scrubs. Play Street Fighter II and learn how to play mind-games and footsies like the rest of us.

PS: Before anybody tries to reply with a "Level Up your game noob," or "These characters aren't THAT cheap," I want to let you know personally, that fuck off, and remember what kind of thread your in.
    PSN: TheReaIKingKong
    UMVC3 Characters: Ryu (Tatsumaki Senpukyaku)/Spencer (Slant Grapple), Magneto (Disruptor), Doctor Doom (Hidden Missiles)/Sentinel (Slant Drones)
    SFIV AE12: Ryu
  • AlphaCommandoAlphaCommando Shingeki no RadicalFuzz Joined: Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's just plain ludacris in comparison to the cast

2-Ludacris_10-31-2010.jpg
    Team Breath of Fire IV (Ryu, Won-Qu, Fou-Lu): Zero[6] γ, Amaterasu[5] β, Dante[6] α
    Zero/Amaterasu/Dante

"As soon as I saw Alpha's avatar, all the blood rushed out of my head and I almost lost my lunch." - Missing Person
    "I betting that every mafia is mad at me for falling for Alpha." - GodotsRevenge
    "The "AC vs. RF tussles"? You mean the part where he votes to lynch me, I sigh in his general direction, and then we go on with Day 1? Yeah, we never do that every game, I'm totes Mafia because of it." - RadicalFuzz
  • TheTR3NDSETTATheTR3NDSETTA Joined: Posts: 238
    Hey Denzel... I mean king kong.... Im assuming you're talking about online Zeros. The whole time that I've been playing Ultimate I have only met 2 Zeros that were any good. All other Zeros are a joke and usually my beasty Nemesis shits on them

NOW VERGIL

thats a whole different story
    Nemesis/Sentinel/Dante
    It was a pleasure destroying your top tier chars.
  • TheReaIKingKongTheReaIKingKong AE....? Givin' it a try. Joined: Posts: 47
    Hey Denzel... I mean king kong....

Obligatory Video.

PSN: TheReaIKingKong
    UMVC3 Characters: Ryu (Tatsumaki Senpukyaku)/Spencer (Slant Grapple), Magneto (Disruptor), Doctor Doom (Hidden Missiles)/Sentinel (Slant Drones)
    SFIV AE12: Ryu
    /snip

This guy's hair is godlike.

• X Fatal Grace XX Fatal Grace X Joined: Posts: 232
    I use Spidey/ Dr. Strange/ Deadpool

When I play another rare and random team- and lose- no problem.

When I play a top tier team- and lose- no problem.

When I play another rare and random team- and lose- and they tea bag- meh- they earned that win-look at that team!

When I play a top tier team- and lose a close, close match, a match I have no right being in, and they tea bag- I fucking lose it.
  • cheese and chipscheese and chips Metal Blade> everything Joined: Posts: 203
    i get a pinch of salt when people who put Japanese voices on all of the characters. Frank west in Japanese bothers me a bit.
    Gamertag: Shadow man mm3 UMVC3: Frank/hawkeye/Doom

king cobra and zubaz for v 2013
  • Zmoney2006Zmoney2006 ifitswrong Joined: Posts: 29
    First off:
    -snip-

Exactly the same way that I feel in every respect.

Secondly I gotta say that with all the problems of online UMVC3 such as: (some mentioned previously)
    • Taunting
    • Teabagging
    • One_Win Losers
    • Lag Spikers
    • Online Warriors (people who can't play the game WITHOUT Lag/Online Inconsistencies as they implement them in their gameplans -i.e. 99% of online Hulk/Cap players)
    • Motherf$#%@rs that mash cr. l
    • Motherf$#%@rs that hit buttons and when being comboed.
    • Motherf$#%@rs that TAC out the ass but can't even connect the remaining hits
    • etc
    ... The issue that pisses me off the most and can get me from 10% to 1000% instantly is lag inconsistency. I cannot STANDwhen shit is fine with the connection but as soon as I get a hit after constant footsies or blocking for days, shit wants to act up and drop my combo or ignore my input and I play Dante where every other move requires a plinked Atk or double input so it literally destroys my character at it's core.

And this isn't "Oh it's online so you should EXPECT this" whining. I'm talking about AFTER you feel out the connection and are able to ascertain how fast you can move/react/punish things and you act based on that knowledge and shit changes up on it's own. Or when YOU have endless lag for days but your opponent is able to do Modok Midscreen Inifinites while eating a bagel.

THEN (to put the icing on the cake) the person has the nerve to taunt or celebrate like I didn't win the game 6 secs in by snapping in and killing your phoenix/stider/vergil or sorry... ATTEMPTING to kill your anchor only to have lag spare the character from death. So Now I lost MY character that was SUPPOSED to kill yours thereby taking away my assist or setup or structure of my team and thus as the game proceeds I find myself unable to win.. from the ONE mistake that I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE.

That's why I feel Online at a point is detrimental and completely pointless (for this game specifically)
    [SIZE=12px]UMVC3: Main team = Spencer (H. Grapple Shot) / Dante (shots) / Doom (Missles)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]Side team 1 = "Team InYoFace" = Firebrand (Demon Missle Charge) / Ammy (Cold Star) / Strange (Bolts)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]Side team 2 = "Team Combos4Dayz" = [/SIZE][SIZE=12px][SIZE=12px]Dante (Jam) [/SIZE]) [/SIZE][SIZE=12px] /[/SIZE][SIZE=12px][SIZE=12px] Sentinel (Drones)[/SIZE] / Doom (Missles)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px]Side team 3 = "The Big and The Bad" = Nemesis (Launcher) / Haggar (Double Lariat) /Sentinel (Drones)[/SIZE]
  • SB MaximusSB Maximus Joined: Posts: 72
    "Zoning" is becoming so prevalent in online play it's making me consider dropping this game altogether. "Zoning" is in quotes, because I'm not too sure these people actually are thinking sometimes, when they are just chucking projectile after projectile and mashing Doom assist. The characters I play seriously can't do shit against Arthur/Hawkeye/Morrigan, at a full screen distance. It's infuriating to just sit there and eat projectiles for a whole match. Adding insult to injury, after I quit out, they persist to talk shit. Why do people feel the need to be such assholes online?
    PSN: Doeomo

Mainly Marvel. I'm trying to learn some SF too.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; Gotta knock a little harder Joined: Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoning is zoning. Who do you play?
    UMvC3: M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante, Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever
  • SB MaximusSB Maximus Joined: Posts: 72
    edited April 2013
    I play Dante, Dormammu, Vergil, Strider, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Firebrand, Strange, Jill, Trish, Akuma, Taskmaster, Wesker... I can play a majority of the cast. I don't really even have a main team. I enjoy playing rushdown teams, and doing combos and going for mixups. I like playing other people who do the same. It's just when I get matched up with people that primarily zone, that's when I get salty. Sure, it works, and it is probably going to be end game prevalent unless there is another patch. I suppose I just need to be more patient, or just pick up a more zone heavy team. I have no problem with dealing with keepaway offline.
    Post edited by SB Maximus on
    PSN: Doeomo

Mainly Marvel. I'm trying to learn some SF too.
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭
    What's bad about Hulk/Drones?

I played against a team that was Hulk / Wesker / Sentinel - And I OCV'd the entire team with point Dorm + Tatsu
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• GodotsRevengeGodotsRevenge [HE] Joined: Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get salty when people complain about good, thoughtful zoning.
    That was a joke. Haha.
  • Chukz15Chukz15 Low Tier Option select is the future. Joined: Posts: 492 ✭✭
    LAG
    TODS
    MATCHMAKING
    NOT BEING ABLE TO
    HIT MY OPPONENT
    "Zoning"
    PSN:Chukz15
    GFWL: Darkerfire706
    Skill level: D tier
    Injustice: Superman, Batman