The System Mechanics Thread

Comments

• DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227
    You're not safe if Ken times it right, which is one reason certain demon flip mixups vs Ken aren't very safe IMO, especially if they reversal Shoryuken.
    when you land from an empty demon flip, can you block like you can from landing from an empty jump? like say you demon flip out the corner vs ken, you land an empty flip, but fall onto kens cmk, are you able to block? it seems like it but I dont know if my opponent is just too slow

if you land on his lowforward, you hit. If he hits your toe with his toe/ankle, anything beyond the cr.forward middle of the shin, and you get hit.
    8tROOXi.png
  • yuukiyuuki Joined: Posts: 782

Hi dander.
    かかってきな。
  • telesnipertelesniper Joined: Posts: 365
    if you land on his lowforward, you hit. If he hits your toe with his toe/ankle, anything beyond the cr.forward middle of the shin, and you get hit.
    Empty demon flip won't hit anything, Ken can hit using any button if it's well timed, you're not even safe from SA3.
    ok so you are always safe unless you whiffed.
    8tROOXi.png
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    What's all this about empty demon flip not being safe on landing?

Edit: Oh no... went into training mode and looks like if you land on moves you can get hit. Very small window but it would seem empty demon flip is not quite as sweet as I once thought.
    What's all this about empty demon flip not being safe on landing?

Edit: Oh no... went into training mode and looks like if you land on moves you can get hit. Very small window but it would seem empty demon flip is not quite as sweet as I once thought.
    Yep, about 7 frames of recovery after landing, hello wake up shoryu.....
  • Paki2DPaki2D Joined: Posts: 7
    I have a question: Can you cancel chained normals (rapid fired) into special moves in this game? Like you cannot do in SF 4 or ST
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yes, you can cancel rapid-fire chains in 3S. SF4 bringing back that archaic, totally arbitrary rule made no sense to me.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Just wondering, which knockdowns are untechable?
    Some knockdowns it seems I just cannot quick-get-up from.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
    Just wondering, which knockdowns are untechable?
    Some knockdowns it seems I just cannot quick-get-up from.

Besides supers, there aren't many moves that make you unable to QuickStand. Off the top of my head, Ibuki raida and necro snakefang are the only specials that do a "hard knockdown"
    かかってきな。
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    EX Oroshi I think creates hard knockdown too.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    Q's C&DB without a follow up.... haha

EDIT: How did I forget to mention Oro's command grab!?
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Necro suplex I think.

Ex oroshi can definitely be quick rised. Sorry JP.
  • yamasakiyamasaki Joined: Posts: 44

In this video , it seems that doing any SA after a successful parry reset Parry Stun .

Does anyone know more about this ?
    Or at least can translate japanese stuffs in the video ?
  • vsDenjinvsDenjin 電刃 Joined: Posts: 374
    For throws like Oro's that can be mashed for more hits, can those throws be mashed out of to prevent more hits or are the number of hits totally dependent on the Oro player?
  • 1002198510021985 J-ISM Joined: Posts: 107
    For throws like Oro's that can be mashed for more hits, can those throws be mashed out of to prevent more hits or are the number of hits totally dependent on the Oro player?
    You should mash against these kinds of throws to minimize the hits
    http://www.hitconfirm.com.br/ ( Brazilian forums for 3S, GG and BB )
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,291
    You can mash out of Oro's neutral throw in 1 hit. :(
  • vsDenjinvsDenjin 電刃 Joined: Posts: 374
    You can mash out of Oro's neutral throw in 1 hit. :(

I thought I saw that, but I wasn't sure if I was remembering it wrong or not.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,700
    yeah he takes forever to climb all over you and get to your neck and you can mash immediately when he starts so he barely does anything. they should have probably made those a LITTLE more tilted in the throwers favor.
    Play more.
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    KRVQpIaIa2Q

In this video , it seems that doing any SA after a successful parry reset Parry Stun .

Does anyone know more about this ?
    Or at least can translate japanese stuffs in the video ?

I'll translate this later tonight.
  • SanchezSanchez Needs More Powerbomb Joined: Posts: 3,156

Directions tend to matter more than buttons (except for Urien's choke IIRC) so mashing with diagonals is the most efficient way to escape mashable throws.
    Passion and Gradualness.
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    What is the best way to give maximum foots in the face when using Oro's overhead multi hit special. I'd post this in the Oro section but it seems there are some subtle differences with certain mashable moves.
    like giving so much credence to numbers that don't do anything for your hands.
    8tROOXi.png
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    What is the best way to give maximum foots in the face when using Oro's overhead multi hit special. I'd post this in the Oro section but it seems there are some subtle differences with certain mashable moves.

The normal version is more difficult to mash for max hits, but the EX version is easy to get all. For the normal version, you just have to be at the right height in the air and then just mash mash mash.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    Yeah, you just have to do the chicken stomp as early as possible and mash kicks. The height is more important than crazy mashing.
    and the number is 8
    Instead of dumb 3rd strike riddles like spor posts, an actual interesting mystery is how nuki was able to wake up parry LL's.

Given what we know about how LL storing works, the parry should reset the meter so that the LL won't come out.

when raoh and xiao were tripping out about it on the mic, mov shook his head. raoh said "impossible to do intentionally." Going to assume this isn't a viable tactic but still very interesting how that was feasible!
    かかってきな。
  • SesshaZLSesshaZL 春麗 豪鬼 Joined: Posts: 1,028
    Instead of dumb 3rd strike riddles like spor posts, an actual interesting mystery is how nuki was able to wake up parry LL's.

Given what we know about how LL storing works, the parry should reset the meter so that the LL won't come out.

when raoh and xiao were tripping out about it on the mic, mov shook his head. raoh said "impossible to do intentionally." Going to assume this isn't a viable tactic but still very interesting how that was feasible!
    I was going to ask about this pretty soon, I was tripping when I saw it happen too.
    50/50 post Hyoukusen mixup is dirty!!
    Way more dangerous than outsiders perspective, "low forward super, yawn, I play better games" - WTF-AKUMA-HAX
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    You can do this kinda like Q can kara c&db using a parry freeze:
    - parry (reset everything)
    - buffer a normal
    - charge LL up to 4
    - validate the last LL on first frame of the used normal in step2 (negative edge make this "easier" than it looks)

You got around 14 frames to input all 5 kicks. Seems humanly doable actually, just need to be precise for the last one.

That way, LL will kara it and you visually got LL right after a parry.
    Odd enough, it also works without the normal, first kick will take this role and will be auto kara into LL in the end.

http://baston.esn3s.com/hitboxesDisplay_spritesheet.php?iArticle=35
    First with a normal (cr.mp to clearly see its first frame), second with only HK all along.
    You can view data relative to hyakuretsu charge and reset bar by clicking on "Data / P1" in menu, search for variable "chargeResetter4" and "hyakuretsuX" (x = 1,2,3 depending on kick used, so 2 and 3 in my examples).
  • Guiseppe1Guiseppe1 Joined: Posts: 265
    For anybody who doesn't know what they are talking about or wants to see it in the match: at 8:41 in the video.
    For anybody who doesn't know what they are talking about or wants to see it in the match: youtube 4P0xVa3lj3k at 8:41 in the video.
    Thx.
    Clearly, it's kara far HK to LL.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Dunno if this belongs in Frame Data or System Mechanics but...

Does Hugo suffer from more hitstun than other characters?

I was testing out Alex's MP Flash Chop into EX Shoulder. And if you land MP Flash at the max range it will hit, it becomes tougher to land EX Shoulder. The closer you are the easier it is to land. The window to land EX Shoulder is I want to say about 3-5 frames. It takes a bit of practice to get consistent at it and it's still easy to miss it especially at max range. But I noticed against Hugo that it was much easier to land EX Shoulder even if it looks like he recovers just as quickly as other characters.
    STOMP!
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Just bigger hitboxes, dude.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
    thanks esn. still don't quite understand it but ill try playing around with it tomorrow. koshun posted on twitter that he's gotten it 15 times vs CPU (don't know out of how many tries) and another tweet about getting it 1 out of 4 tried vs urien. so it sounds hard but definetly possible.

I think he wrote its similiar to how 1 parry tackle works with urien.
    かかってきな。
    its similiar to how 1 parry tackle works with urien.
    This is true, you can buffer 4 kicks prior to the parry, then parry and press the kick on the same frame, if you release the kick at the correct time LL will come out... The timing is a bit weird at first... but it definitely is similar to parry->Tackle/LOV/90% buffered Gigas. So long as you press the button at the correct time, the charge doesn't drain.
    thanks esn. still don't quite understand it but ill try playing around with it tomorrow. koshun posted on twitter that he's gotten it 15 times vs CPU (don't know out of how many tries) and another tweet about getting it 1 out of 4 tried vs urien. so it sounds hard but definetly possible.

I think he wrote its similiar to how 1 parry tackle works with urien.
    Parry to instant tackle? Or parry to instant dash punch with Q?
    I thought about this too at first but it doesn't work that way cause the reset bar truly resets everything in Hyakuretsu case, while for tackle (and i guess all 'horizontal' charge moves), a full charge will still be available after a forward parry.
    So you must entierly charge LL after the parry.

Another thing about those buffered moves in parry i didn't know about (maybe common knowledge, but it surprised me as i was pretty sure to already have seen a parry to EX stomp before): seems the 'vertical' charge moves (flash kick for example) can't be buffered in parry at all. And for horizontal charge moves, only a forward parry will allow it and only if the charge is already full (so no partition allowed through parries). In this last case, i think it works cause the game kind of validate the special with the forward input and is just waiting for the final P/K button for a few more frames. Probably same mechanism as the one allowing to begin charge of another tackle while previous one has not been committed yet.

So basically:
    - full horizontal charge + forward parry: ok
    - full horiz charge + down parry: won't work
    - full vertical charge + forward parry: won't work
    - full vertical charge + down parry: won't work
    This is true, you can buffer 4 kicks prior to the parry, then parry and press the kick on the same frame, if you release the kick at the correct time LL will come out... The timing is a bit weird at first... but it definitely is similar to parry->Tackle/LOV/90% buffered Gigas. So long as you press the button at the correct time, the charge doesn't drain.
    You sure? That was the first thing i tried and couldn't do it work.
    You sure? That was the first thing i tried and couldn't do it work.
    Positive, I did it more than 50 times earlier, first thing I tried was buffer 4 RH's then parry->double tap RH... That wasn't very consistent, especially if I returned the stick to after the parry. So what ended up working consistently was buffer 4, then parry and press the last kick at the same time (it felt that way to me, I don't know if I was off by 1 or 2 frames...) then released as quick as possible. At one point I did it more than 5 times in a row.

This wasn't in FBA btw it was OE; I had a Dudley training dummy do exactly as the Dudley in that video.

Is there an easy way to make 2P in FBA use recorded inputs? That way I can test it there and maybe post a video/send you the inputs. As is, I don't really feel like touching my keyboard with my toes lol
    Damn, you described exactly what i tried without any success. (fba though)

You can use macrolua scripts with fba-rr, to write your inputs down. Not hard to learn.
    Or just save a state with P2 starting to throw out a meaty fireball from other side of the screen with ryu after a raw SA1, so you can load the state and still got enough time to prepare for LL.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Just bigger hitboxes, dude.

Doesn't that describe your mom?
    STOMP!