The System Mechanics Thread

1192021222325»

Comments

• Spaceninja007Spaceninja007 Joined: Posts: 46
    Are people using dip switches online?... It seem like people are. Cheating. Also does anyone know the frame data on a CvS2 parry compared to 3S?
  • sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are people using dip switches online?... It seem like people are. Cheating. Also does anyone know the frame data on a CvS2 parry compared to 3S?

dude you don't have to go into every single thread asking the same junk ,dip switches don't work online. .l.
    im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
  • DanderDander BANNED Joined: Posts: 7,227

It's just the lag. Just don't hold your breath.
    8tROOXi.png
  • Spaceninja007Spaceninja007 Joined: Posts: 46
    sidewinder wrote: »

dude you don't have to go into every single thread asking the same junk ,dip switches don't work online. .l.

Yo.... I didn't know where I should post my question. I saw the last post in here was 9 days. Anywho, thanks for the response dude.

• free_manfree_man Joined: Posts: 81
    I had PS2 version but I think the arcade version is more faster because of input lag and I don't know if it can influence in the game and I play online on FightCade. So which the best way to training parry without console version, i.e. with only the ROM?
  • darkhiryuudarkhiryuu Hello Hella Joined: Posts: 202
    edited November 2014
    The best way to practice parry training through emulator is using cheats to simulate training mode.
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    edited January 2015

Can someone explain how this works? I set Chun to walk forward then leap attack after SA2. here's the outcomes (shown in order in the short video)

1) Yun gets hits standing up and UOH combos into super (he can't block after leap attack hits).
    2) Yun blocks high and super doesn't come out.
    3) Yun gets hit crouching and super doesn't combo (he can block after getting hit by leap attack).

so my questions are

1) is the hit or block option select (if it hits super will come out, if it's blocked nothing will come out) specific to UOH for some reason, or can it be done with other moves? (not including DED)
    2) why does it combo on standing hit but not crouching hit?
    The crouching version she hits too far inside and is forced to wait the extra frames it takes her pushbox to slide off of yun. When Yun is standing he has no vertical overlap and so Chun just drops into super after the hit. I want to add, and I'll do so reluctantly, that because she takes longer to hit Yun I think she falls into a longer recovery. I could be wrong about that but it's just how I usually see it happening.
    8tROOXi.png
  • JAK..JAK.. Joined: Posts: 544
    edited January 2015
    1) I have unintentionally setup training dummies that did this with normals into specials/supers.

2) After comparing his crouching and standing hit boxes it appears that standing allows the uoh to hit deeper.

JAK.. wrote: »
    1) I have unintentionally setup training dummies that did this with normals into specials/supers.

2) After comparing his crouching and standing hit boxes it appears that standing allows the uoh to hit deeper.

could you rephrase that?
    8tROOXi.png
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    so maybe yuns standing hitbox is skinnier than his crouching hitbox?
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    I've always seen Rikimaru and Nuki cancel into another move after hitting the UOH on a crouching Yun/Yang. Like the sequence would go SA2->j.HPx2(or j.LK)->UOH->cr.MK(or b.HP)->SA2. Maybe you need to combo into another move and then do SA2 if you hit the opponent crouching?
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    edited January 2015
    Vs crouching... Leap to sa2 def works with the right timing. I'll take a vid in a bit.

And same for leap into cr mk ex sbk/ sa2.
    Post edited by ryan. on

Made the same situation with both standing and crouching combo while guard and parry don't.

I think you connected the super a little late in that vid and also yun must be fatter standing than crouching.
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    cool thanks gentlemen. I always figured "if it connects on standing it should always connect on crouching." clearly that's not accurate!
    IglooBob wrote: »
    cool thanks gentlemen. I always figured "if it connects on standing it should always connect on crouching." clearly that's not accurate!

For all the fluff we get about ESN's data being useful, none of you guys ever acknowledge push boxes.

ayayayay
    8tROOXi.png
  • TiredOceanTiredOcean Low-tier theory fighter Joined: Posts: 134
    Wait, hold on - you can OS whether a super comes out based on whether a UOH hits or not? Because that's what I'm seeing in Ryan's vid, and it doesn't look like DED either. If so, can someone tell me how? (It definitely isn't included in vandarkholme's vid about option selects)
    Yea super doesn't come out. Has to do with the timing you recover if they get hit or guard. It's not really an option select because you don't want to be imputing super and risk a leak. It's best to just confirm the hit. It's not difficult.
  • MinigolfmanMinigolfman Joined: Posts: 30
    Always wondered is this rule foolproof for attack bonus taunts? seems more to it sometimes
    Donkus wrote: »
    Attack bonuse are lost when you are hit, or after you hit the opponent (lasts until your combo is finished), or after you force the opponent to block/parry an attack.
    I had no idea where to put this, so I might as well post it here.
    Recently there was a video showing a Tachi Gigas being executed while the player's hands are displayed. What was different about this compared to other videos I've seen was how it was executed.
    He tapped down(or I think downback?), had the stick on neutral, walked forward slightly and then did 360+P.

I tried this method myself, and it actually worked!

Note: That first Gigas in the video was the 2nd time I managed to pull it off so I was really, REALLY happy.

The timing is pretty strict..or maybe my execution's just bad because I can only get this down once every 5-6 tries.
    Sorry if it's not anything new, but I'm just getting off the high of finally doing a Tachi Gigas lol
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    It may be harder cause of the 360/720 timer reset (similar to charge resets), making it kinda "aleatory" doable.

Could you record this again but with the Kaiten view displayed on screen? May be helpful to see timers behavior with this trick.
    ...y'know what, I should've done that.
    I'll do it once I get home later today.
    Sorry for the double post, but here's the video you requested @ESN .

Recorded this with MAME's vid recorder so I had a harder time getting it out.

Kaiten View helped out a lot with showing the input. As you can see the timing between the down tap and forward walk is fast enough where down is still stored.

I didn't really use the bars for timing, just the arrows. lol
  • R_V_NR_V_N Joined: Posts: 28
    Does anyone know the maximum number of partitions you can split a charge into? 4 partitions was the max I could do in my tests.

So for example you can tap forward 3 times while building up Urien's charge and his tackle will still come out. You can split the charge into 4 partition. But if you add a 5th partition then the charge doesn't work.
  • -=KOH=--=KOH=- In Japan Joined: Posts: 1,572
    edited August 2016
    R_V_N wrote: »
    Does anyone know the maximum number of partitions you can split a charge into? 4 partitions was the max I could do in my tests.

So for example you can tap forward 3 times while building up Urien's charge and his tackle will still come out. You can split the charge into 4 partition. But if you add a 5th partition then the charge doesn't work.

It's not an 'amount' it's a period of time. Check the training tool others have posted, it uses an emulator.
    All the way in the back of the food stamp line.
    I am not talking about the time required to equip the charge. The time is about 2 seconds. What I meant was, how many partitions the game lets you split that 2 seconds into. Of course if you charge over 2 seconds then partition doesn't work.

The maximum partitions I broke it down into was 4 parts. Not many practical uses for this information though.
    You may want to check what koh has pointed to you, you'll be able to understand how charges really work and will have your answer.
    And the correct number for charge length, instead of your 'about 2 seconds'...
    I understand what KOH means but you are misunderstanding my point. I understand about the emulator and had already tested on it before posting here. Is my communication skills that bad? I only said "about 2 seconds" to try make my whole point simpler. Of course its not a matter of seconds but a matter of how many frames your put your stick in back/down.

You don't have to complete all of it in 1 go, you can split it into parts. My point was how many parts its possible to split it into. I had already used the emulator to test and I could split it into 4 parts at max. But this topic was just for satisfying my curiosity and has no practical use so nevermind...
    edited August 2016
    Charge length is 43 frames, which is less than half of your '~2 sec', quite a large error.
    Koh talked about 'training tools' which uses emulator, not emulator only.
    What do you know about charge reset mechanism? This is what will give you your answer, which is also 43 btw.
    Yeah, I know, that's what I meant. I already used the training tools with the emulator for all that.
    Believe me I know about the charge reset mechanism and played with it too.
    But nevermind this topic.

Though I guess my sense of 2 seconds time is really bad... always had a poor sense of time
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,711
    two seconds is an eternity.
    theoretically you can split it into as many parts as you can fit into before the reset kicks in. there is no limit based on times you've split the charge.
    your assumptions which led to your question were wrong from the start. which is why koh and esn responded as they did. if you understand what you saw in vids/emulator then you'd never ask the question.
    Play more.
    Tebbo wrote: »
    two seconds is an eternity.
    theoretically you can split it into as many parts as you can fit into before the reset kicks in. there is no limit based on times you've split the charge.
    your assumptions which led to your question were wrong from the start. which is why koh and esn responded as they did. if you understand what you saw in vids/emulator then you'd never ask the question.

Don't you know the entire brane runs on the same single impulse.

God you're such a fucking idiot sometimes.
    8tROOXi.png
  • TiredOceanTiredOcean Low-tier theory fighter Joined: Posts: 134
    I don't know where to put this. I just keep forgetting where it is, so here is the Crystal Cube's scrolling input display lua script for FBA-rr. http://ameblo.jp/3fv/entry-11163304413.html
    Also, how's everyone doing?
  • ParryAllParryAll Dangerous Posts Joined: Posts: 3,311
    General question, I don't have a version of the game with a training mode to test:

So if I jump in on a Ken or Chun, and they parry my jump in attack, do they then now get a free, guaranteed cMK into super?
    "Third Strike just has that flow which somehow alienates you from your surroundings and really plugs your brain into the match your playing and your able to comprehend so many different situations and mind games and mixups in such a limited amount of time and all this without even thinking" - Nubilous

"[3rd Strike] makes you feel like the character is an extension of yourself when you get good enough." - AzureWolf

"Street Fighter is now like The Simpsons. It's been bad longer than it's been good." -ParryAll
    ParryAll wrote: »
    General question, I don't have a version of the game with a training mode to test:

So if I jump in on a Ken or Chun, and they parry my jump in attack, do they then now get a free, guaranteed cMK into super?

Not necessarily, but maybe.._98% of the time? Super jumps mean you land quicker. Do your jump in off of one with an late starting and brief recovery recovery and you can expect to block or parry upon landing. This sj is actually the only way to do a few of the more fancier combos, set ups, etc.

Bigger reason than that, some normals flicker during rotation animations and unless its the same chunk of jump or parry every time, he or she will have to adjust.
    8tROOXi.png