[HvH] Deck Building Thread.

Comments

• GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthur and Storm's are fast.

wtf is up with the posting.
    Strider still sucks.
  • VidnessVidness Spirules Joined: Posts: 1,070 ✭✭
    Haha I was playing with a taunt team last night. I *really* wished I knew how to play Deadpool! The fact that he can cancel his taunt into guns, tp, or anything makes him + Dazzler really broken! Altho not being able to configure a useful button for taunt kinda makes it annoying, he's still fun nonetheless...
    "It was greed that killed him" - Vidness
  • DestroyahDestroyah Ones Own Ruler Joined: Posts: 51
    Haha, with two Luke Cages, according to Sleazoid's helpful data on page 3, that's two Level 2 health boosts... the maximum 50%! So 1,150,000/1,200,000/900,000 becomes 1,725,000/1,800,000/1,350,000! That 4.9 million heath is like having 5 Wolverines.

I've been screwing around with some alternative deck configurations:

Jester's Deck
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words... will kill ya

All taunt cards:
    DAZZLER [C]
    Primary: Perform a taunt to automatically recover vitality. [Lv. 3]
    Secondary: Perform a taunt to automatically recover vitality. [Lv. 2]
    COLOSSUS
    Secondary: Gain super armor when you perform a taunt. [Lv. 1] (uses HC Gauge upon hit)
    LORD RAPTOR [C]
    Primary: Perform a taunt to temporarily increase attack power. [Lv. 2]
    Secondary: Perform a taunt to temporarily increase attack power. [Lv. 1]
    AKIRA
    Primary: Upon performing a taunt: Temporarily increases attack power. [Lv. 2] + Temporarily gain the ability to cancel one special move into another at the cost of HC Gauge.
    Configuration:
    Cards: Akira (primary) / Dazzler / Lord Raptor
    Team: She-Hulk, Akuma, Deadpool
    Akuma and She-Hulk have fast taunts, and Deadpool's have damage properties so you can work them into combos. Chun-Li's fast taunt would make her a fair option as well (does anyone know any other fast-taunting characters?). One highlight I recall: I was facing down team Trenchcoat and Dante super jumped away from a clothesline. While he's up there floating, She-Hulk is babbling "Is that it is that it is that it is that it?" while flexing her arm, boosting health and gaining a Level 3 attack buff. It's absurd.

I wonder if Thor's Mighty Speech applies...
    I believe zero has a fast taunt. It looks pretty good I just wish H&H allowed you to play with friends to mess around with your decks so much fun but most never see the light of day because most go for the most broken way to win no enough fun. I heard the speech does work because it's like a taunt but don't quote me on that I've never tried it
    Haha I am now going with Kingpin / Red Hulk (M) / Kingpin

This is deck "ONE OF US IS GOING TO DIE"

One throw with Dr. Strange into super is 900K!

One DHC kills many 2x luke characters. I was doing so well with this deck that now I'm starting to get ducked in matches :( Why duck me? It's just a game...

But anywhoo, this deck is REALLY fun against peeps who don't have lukes. Random chaotic flame = BAM! Dead!

Random Spell of Viscanti.... .BOOOM! DEAD!
  • HeadpoolHeadpool xbl: Mr Brownstank Joined: Posts: 152
    Haha I am now going with Kingpin / Red Hulk (M) / Kingpin

This is deck "ONE OF US IS GOING TO DIE"

One throw with Dr. Strange into super is 900K!

One DHC kills many 2x luke characters. I was doing so well with this deck that now I'm starting to get ducked in matches :( Why duck me? It's just a game...

But anywhoo, this deck is REALLY fun against peeps who don't have lukes. Random chaotic flame = BAM! Dead!

Random Spell of Viscanti.... .BOOOM! DEAD!

I used to think my Watcher deck was broken but this deck is the troof
    Taskmaster/Deadpool/Dormammu
    Strange/Iron Fist/Coon
    I just love The Watcher though, with Lilith and Kingpin backing up. Just let the chaotic flames fly
    Strange/Iron Fist/Coon
    haha and heaven help you if I get the hero bonus going with Kp / RH (M) / Kp...

Another card that's fun is Hunk on main. 1 full HC bar per parry! During a chaotic flame I could block, throw out a parry, repeat for the duration of the super and end up with max bar! It's just stupid, but of course parry in general is stupid. Just tap towards your enemy. They throw out something, you parry and counter. If they cross you up, you start blocking normally and then just reverse the parrying....so stupidly broken...

I *really* wish there was a player mode, I bet we could get some good rooms going in this mode.
  • WydeWyde Joined: Posts: 206
    I've barely had the opportunity to get myself into H&H recently thanks to uni starting again, and frustrations with finding a match in the first place. Because SaberLuke is beyond repulsive to me now (just from encountering it less than 5 times), I dreamed up a touch of death deck out of that frustration.
    • Fou-Lu
    • Miles Edgeworth
    • Princess
    With my main team, I can hit confirm into an XF/DHC combo that can hit for at least 1.5 million points of damage (having Trish at the back means I can use up to 5 bars if necessary), enough to kill most SaberLuke'd characters instantly assuming I can finish the combo. Of course, it depends on me being smart with my activation of X-Factor and being able to complete combos online. I truly hope I get results out of this next chance I get to play the mode again.
    I'm only good at Soulcalibur V. =[
    Kingpin is better than princess, he does the same thing plus gives you meter if one if your boys dies.
  • MimebladeMimeblade Sealed Celestial Weapon Joined: Posts: 58
    Still can't find Black Panther/Serpent/CapCom yet...does anyone still play this?

Mephisto*/Cyclops/Dr.Wily seems to work well with my Zero/Vergil/Strider team. I sometimes swap Wily for Watcher and Cyclops for Daken.

Mephisto*/Nightcrawler/X is also fun.
  • GregoriusGregorius It's Party Ti-i-i-ime! Joined: Posts: 15
    I just had an idea (okay, it's more like several ideas in one) toward a new deck that could potentially rival most X-Factor-based decks that people run. Mind you, most of this is still theoretical, but still... let's get the ball rolling.

Luke Cage
    As your primary card (yes, big shock—Luke Cage isn't secondary for once), the 20% vitality boost is good for any team, but the auto-guard is even better. It only applies when you have two or fewer bars, but that's not a problem with your choice of two secondary cards...
    Option 'A' (Myria, Iceman or Winter Soldier)
    We'll call this the 'passive' card. It's going to be your main defense against other players online. I've only listed three cards that are arguably the best for the set-up:
    • Myria which will let you heal back any chip damage you might receive over time, but only when you're 'losing' (it's Sabertooth without the movement speed increase);
    • Iceman which will reduce chip damage further (might be good; you're gonna take a lot of it with Luke as your primary card); or
    • Winter Soldier which, though it reduces your starting meter to none, lets you strike back harder than normal when there's a lull in your opponent's offense.
    Option 'B' (Fantastic Four, Juggernaut or Servbot)
    Now, we move to your 'offensive' card, as assists are going to be your main way to break through and attack. You have the choice of respectively:
    • getting your opponents off of you with counter assists (Amaterasu's Solar Flare or Magneto's Force Field);
    • have them get through basic chains to get through and attack your opponent, setting them up for your own combos; or
    • just having your assists come in faster so you can assault your opponent faster.

Now, that's not to say the optional cards are exclusive to their own categories; you could easily run two Iceman cards to nullify all chip damage (which may be better Servbot / FFF / Captain Blue, as this set doesn't allow you to pull off random Hyper Combos for extra damage), or you could use Fantastic Four and Juggernaut to essentially work like a Mortal Kombat-style 'breaker', or... well, the possibilities are practically endless. I'm gonna toy around with this set-up; it may be the key I need to finally seize some areas and possibly get new cards.
    Haha, with two Luke Cages, according to Sleazoid's helpful data on page 3, that's two Level 2 health boosts... the maximum 50%! So 1,150,000/1,200,000/900,000 becomes 1,725,000/1,800,000/1,350,000! That 4.9 million heath is like having 5 Wolverines.
    Fun Fact: Using an X-Factor'd Phoenix Wright with two of Princess or Kingpin's secondary abilities (in other words, maximized attack power during Hyper Combos), even if you're fighting a high-vitality character with the additional 50% vitality boost, you can still kill them off with just one use of 'Ace Attorney'.
  • voidbanevoidbane Ramblin' Man Joined: Posts: 67
    I ...I just wish H&H allowed you to play with friends to mess around with your decks so much fun but most never see the light of day because most go for the most broken way to win no enough fun. ...

There IS a way...
    Spoiler:

---

Anyways...
    I know I have been after this awhile,
    but there just HAS to be a good use for the Megaman cards charge speed boost!
    I mean... I think I listed quite a few attacks that MIGHT benefit,
    but I still have trouble telling if it is worth it or not...
    These are the attack that I think MIGHT be affected...

-Zero's Buster
    -C. Viper's Focus Attacks
    -Amaterasu's Glaive Dive and Thunder Edge special
    -Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick
    -Viewtiful Joe's Voomerang
    -Felicia's Sand Splash
    -Hulk's Gamma Wave
    -Taskmaster's Aim Master (Hold for more arrows?)
    -Hawkeye's Heavy (Hold for more arrows?)
    -Shuma Gorath's Mystic Stare and Mystic Ray
    -Firebrand's Heavy Demon Missile
    -Vergil's Round Trip
    -Thor's Charged Mighty Strike

How much faster are they?
    What properties do they lose?
    Did I miss any?
    >I only know enough to know that I don't know a thing...
    SF#: Dhalsim
    MvC2: "Iconic" Spiderman (A) Megaman (Y) Akuma (A)
    UMvC3: "Triforce" Zero (A) Amaterasu (B) Dormammu (A)
    There IS a way...
    Spoiler:

---

Anyways...
    I know I have been after this awhile,
    but there just HAS to be a good use for the Megaman cards charge speed boost!
    I mean... I think I listed quite a few attacks that MIGHT benefit,
    but I still have trouble telling if it is worth it or not...

Do my eyes deceive me? Can it be true? JK but thanks I already knew this but its dumb you have to do this just to play with a friend.
    Yeah, an internet player match mode would be insane for this...
  • hitstunhitstun Get it together! Joined: Posts: 264
    I'm having a lot of fun with H&H, even though I suck at it. I play Arthur/Wolverine/Dante and find myself doing special -> super -> DHC -> DHC a lot. I'm trying to always have enough meter to do a full DHC chains every time I hit the opponent. Here's what I came up with:

Current deck:
    (PRI) - Chuck Greene - Gain meter when you land a 30 hit combo [Lv2] (2 levels)
    All three of my characters have linear ground supers I can mash out to 30 hits. If I hit a super, I get two free DHCs from it, or an easy DHC into any of my characters' level 3s.
    (SEC) - Lilith - Supers drain your opponent's meter on hit [Lv1] (25%)
    This gives me a little more meter too, but I put this here to take meter away from FFF decks. It's not strong enough, though. A full DHC chain only takes 3/4 of a meter away from the opponent. If I make this the primary card, I could drain up to 2 meters, but the opponent often runs out of meter or health before I get that far.
    (SEC) - Princess - Increased Attack on supers [Lv2] (40%)
    The damage boost is nice, but this lets the Lilith card drain more meter too. I used to run Lilith/Princess/Princess, which has a 70% damage boost instead, but doesn't gain meter fast enough.

Alternatives:
    (SEC) - Kingpin - Increases Attack on supers [Lv2] (40%). Gain meter when one of your characters are KO'd [Lv1] (1 meter)
    Obvious improvement over Princess. It even helps build meter too. Once I get this card, it's getting swapped in.
    (SEC) - Kaijin no Soki - Increases Attack [Lv2] (20%) while on the ground
    Another possible swap for Princess. Better for chipping, but my super damage suffers a little bit in my tests.
    (SEC) - Rogue - Supers steal health from the opponent [Lv2] (50%)
    Possible swap for Lilith. I gain about 20% of each character's health from a DHC chain.

Is there a better way to kill characters when I land a super? Would a pure damage build work better?

Another, unrelated issue: how is Sabertooth/Luke Cage/Luke Cage better than Daken/Luke Cage/Luke Cage? They have the same health restore effect, right? I don't have Sabertooth to test this. Edit: I got Sabertooth (spelling corrected) just now, and I see he increases movement speed too! So broken!

Thank you very much Sleazoid for the great research. I had no idea there was a difference between up-right arrows and up arrows.
    "Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!" -Bowser
    http://hitstun.bakamostudios.com
  • OgreCasteelOgreCasteel Joined: Posts: 379
    Honestly i found the speed boost from sabertooth to be quite important.

With that team, you need to try this card loadout.

Saber-pri
    X-sec
    Blodia-sec

Arthur and wolvie have INSANELY fast air dashes and double jumps with this setup. Most chars have a certain height they have to reach before airdashing, those 2 do not... add in sabretooth its lvl 2 or 3 xfactor fast all of the time, plus superarmor while dashing and health regen. Me and my roommate were literally crying with laughter the first time we tried it out. Arthur can literally dash so low, he is less than his own height off the ground, and it makes his jumping medium super scary. It requires alot of work, but makes comboing and reseting with chars like arthur/wolvie/wesker super fun and easy.... hell even nemesis is funny as hell and quick as a whip with this setup.... also, if you use Ghostrider with an air dash, you WILL get hatemail.
    Heck, how often have you seen people throw tech option select focus dash crouch cancel throw option select fierce thunder knuckle feint since it beats out all the standard non command throw opening options? - Chrisis
    You know, with all the talk about Sabertooth / Luke Cage [×2], I just had to test something... I went into Training Mode with everyone's favorite mayor and started toying around. Apparently, the movement speed boost Sabertooth and other cards like Black Panther give applies to attacks as well, and it matches the movement speed boost you get with X-Factor Level 3. And it just so happens that with such a movement speed boost, you can actually connect Haggar's :d:+:h: into his :f:+:h: instead of having it normally whiff... in layman's terms, Haggar can properly OTG assist-less now... only once per combo, mind you, but one is all you need sometimes.
  • qazws140qazws140 Joined: Posts: 1
    this may sound really nooby but how do you parry?
    this may sound really nooby but how do you parry?
    When facing right, press—do not hold—press :f: (toward your opponent) just as an attack is about to hit you.
  • OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭
    When facing right, press—do not hold—press :f: (toward your opponent) just as an attack is about to hit you.
    Down parry is just :d:
    Okay, I don't know whether to make this into a new thread or not (I don't want to get chewed out for 'not reading the forum rules' or what-have-you), so I'm just going to leave this here and ask a simple question: "How the fuck do you beat Fate of the Earth when it's at 80%?" I've literally tried everything I could.

Try to fight them normally? You get parried to hell and back, and then you get punished for it.
    Parry their attacks? Except they'll only ever use multi-hit attacks or Hyper Combos. (Fighting Chun-Li γ / Super-Skrull β / Vergil α this way is not fun.)
    Hyper Combo or THC spamming? It's either "our Hypers are faster" or "lol, nope—Snap Back!".
    Use an auto-blocking deck setup? The CPU sets up a deck comprised entirely of Red Skulls and throws you to death. How humiliating is that?
    Try and throw them back? "BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK AWAY!"
    Hit once and play the "runaway game"? ...for an entire match?! You'll screw up inevitably, and the CPU will catch you. And they will murder you.
    Take the pressure off with counter/invincible assists? What does it matter; they'll avoid it, block it and/or regenerate their health somehow. They always do.

So... yeah. That's that. I haven't got a clue, and I'm nowhere near skilled enough to actually try to go toe-to-toe with them. I'm at a complete loss.
    Well my team has Dorm and Strange on it. They rape the CPU because the CPU runs into eyes and carpets.
    Okay, I don't know whether to make this into a new thread or not (I don't want to get chewed out for 'not reading the forum rules' or what-have-you), so I'm just going to leave this here and ask a simple question: "How the fuck do you beat Fate of the Earth when it's at 80%?" I've literally tried everything I could.

Try to fight them normally? You get parried to hell and back, and then you get punished for it.
    Parry their attacks? Except they'll only ever use multi-hit attacks or Hyper Combos. (Fighting Chun-Li γ / Super-Skrull β / Vergil α this way is not fun.)
    Hyper Combo or THC spamming? It's either "our Hypers are faster" or "lol, nope—Snap Back!".
    Use an auto-blocking deck setup? The CPU sets up a deck comprised entirely of Red Skulls and throws you to death. How humiliating is that?
    Try and throw them back? "BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK A—BREAK AWAY!"
    Hit once and play the "runaway game"? ...for an entire match?! You'll screw up inevitably, and the CPU will catch you. And they will murder you.
    Take the pressure off with counter/invincible assists? What does it matter; they'll avoid it, block it and/or regenerate their health somehow. They always do.

So... yeah. That's that. I haven't got a clue, and I'm nowhere near skilled enough to actually try to go toe-to-toe with them. I'm at a complete loss.

One word my friend............NEUTRALIZE
    Well my team has Dorm and Strange on it. They rape the CPU because the CPU runs into eyes and carpets.
    same here, they also fall for deadpool's counter every time
    Strange/Iron Fist/Coon
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    Hi, I'm planning to use the Doctor Octopus card with Frank West, but I don't have the card yet, and I was wondering if you can cancel when Frank pukes after he drinks using the card?
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
  • poryon2poryon2 aka ocean Joined: Posts: 512
    [quote="Gregorius, post: 6391739, member: 42295 Hyper Combos. (Fighting Chun-Li γ / Super-Skrull β / Vergil α this way is not fun.)
    Hit once and play the "runaway game"? ...for an entire match?! You'll screw up inevitably, and the C"]Okay, I don't know whether to make this into a new thread or not (I don't want to get chewed out for 'not reading the forum rules' or what-have-you), so I'm just going to leave this here and ask a simple question: "How the fuck do you beat Fate of the Earth when it's at 80%?" I've literally tried everything I could.

Parry their attacks? Except they'll only ever use multi-hit attacks orPU will catch you. And they will murder you.

So... yeah. That's that. I haven't got a clue, and I'm nowhere near skilled enough to actually try to go toe-to-toe with them. I'm at a complete loss.[/quote]

In arcade mode to get the Very Hard titles I just pick a point character who can do good projectile spam over and over (Hawk) and literally just spam horizontal projectiles the whole match. They just sit there and block it taking chip damage, so in theory the same would happen in H&H. I would make a deck to maximize damage output. Also a good chip assist would go well too. Doom's Beam, Sent Drone, etc.
    umvc3: pw/haggar/arthur
    skullgirls: peacock/double
    persona 4 arena: teddie
    psn: poryon2 (umvc3, kof13, skullgrills, p4a)
  • ThreeSidedThreeSided Morale Officer Joined: Posts: 569
    I have a question about Fin Fang Foo, the non-main version.

Say I get to 3 bars while I have 3 characters. In theory, that should bring me to XF1. First of all, is that really the case, or is is always the same level of XF whenever it activates? Now, if the former, if one of my characters dies and the other comes out, does it work like normal XF and stay at level1, or does it switch to level2? If the former, were I to drop below 3 bars and drop out of XF1 after I had lost a character, and then got 3 bars again, would it activate in level 2?

I could go on, but I think you get the idea, just explain to me how it works. =P
    I have a question about Fin Fang Foo, the non-main version.

Say I get to 3 bars while I have 3 characters. In theory, that should bring me to XF1. First of all, is that really the case, or is is always the same level of XF whenever it activates? Now, if the former, if one of my characters dies and the other comes out, does it work like normal XF and stay at level1, or does it switch to level2? If the former, were I to drop below 3 bars and drop out of XF1 after I had lost a character, and then got 3 bars again, would it activate in level 2?

I could go on, but I think you get the idea, just explain to me how it works. =P

It automatically adjusts to your # of chars..

My current deck, dual kingpins and that dude who gives you meter for landing a 30 hit combo as main...meter for daysssss!
  • ThreeSidedThreeSided Morale Officer Joined: Posts: 569
    I'm currently running team ultimate glass cannon, as I like to call it:

Main = That card which increases your attack as your meter goes up (forget what it's called)
    Fin Fang Foo
    That card that revives your last fallen character at the cost of 5 bars.

Team = Viper/X-23/Strider

With Fin-Fang-Foo, I don't use meter anyways. The only issue is getting to 3 bars at the start, so I usually just zone with Vipes and Vajra assist. If I really need to do an EX, I can spare some meter. Once I get 3 bars, I use the first possible excuse to switch to X-23. Then I use crazy rushdown and the like. In XF, she can pick up meterless off of OTG ankle slice, so Vajra is really good for her. You can also frame trap them into QCF H pretty easily off of block strings. Once she's out, Strider does some great damage, and with extra XF speed, he's just all over the place. Last but not least, lvl3XF Viper with lvl3 attack boost does absolutely UNGODLY chip with Rapid Seismos. It's amazing.

Then the revival is pretty sweet. But I was wondering, do you think I should drop the revival and just go for something to give me 2 extra meters at the start so I can start in XF?
    Okay, I'm gonna throw some powerful decks people's way:

Destroyer*/TheWatcher/TheWatcher (currently running with this...useful for low-HP characters and chip fiends)
    Cyclops*/TheWatcher/TheWatcher (also a good one if people are good at blocking...I think this is neutralized during X-Factor though)
    Dr.Wily*/TheWatcher/TheWatcher (nasty nasty nasty...)

Here's some fun ones:
    Sabretooth*/Lin/MultipleMan for people who are good at solo-play and need the practice with a certain character.

Gene*/Gene/GrandMaster (If you're a beast for Snap-backs, this one's good, you literally get more back than you spent.)

Mandarin* or Godot*/FouLou/MilesEdgeworth (Beastly use of X-Factor and Meter boost)

Nightcrawler*/SilverSurfer/X (still haven't found a practical use for this one)

Devilot*/FantasticFour/Lin or SilverSurfer (another one I want to see get used)
    The Watcher*/Devilot/Dr. Wily or
    Mephisto*/Devilot/Kingpin have been my favorites so far.

one DHC will usually kill a character and give me back health and meter
    Strange/Iron Fist/Coon
  • SystemSCSnakeSystemSCSnake Coffee-Loving Prosecutor! Joined: Posts: 11
    Hello, I'm new to this forums and this is my first post so...salutations? Anyway..

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a deck that would heavily help Phoenix Wright? The biggest problem with him is just trying to stay alive, but I know that there has to be something to build around him to make him ridiculously good.
    Here's a good anti-chip-deck:

Destroyer*/Ice-Man/TheWatcher, you can swap Watcher for Daken or Myria depending on what cards you have.
    Hello, I'm new to this forums and this is my first post so...salutations? Anyway..

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a deck that would heavily help Phoenix Wright? The biggest problem with him is just trying to stay alive, but I know that there has to be something to build around him to make him ridiculously good.
    If I wanted something for PW, it would be The Watcher first of all. Then I'd go Kingpin, to make people pay. Third, I'd get something defensive that would make him survive longer, Myria would be nice since it not only heals you when youre losing, but also your assists. Hope that helps =]
    Strange/Iron Fist/Coon
    I'm attempting to put together decks, things with The Watcher appear to be working, but right now I'm sporting something else

Dr. Wily
    Multiple Man (Wesker)
    Grandmaster

Does anyone know a better alternative for Grandmaster as far as healing abilities/defensive abilities go? I'm not finding it as effective as I should be
    I'm attempting to put together decks, things with The Watcher appear to be working, but right now I'm sporting something else

Dr. Wily
    Multiple Man (Wesker)
    Grandmaster

Does anyone know a better alternative for Grandmaster as far as healing abilities/defensive abilities go? I'm not finding it as effective as I should be
    probably because you're burning meter?
    Strange/Iron Fist/Coon
    probably because you're burning meter?

I rarely* use meter because of Dr. Wily. It's like having Fing Fang Foom with Hyper combos, but the problem is, I only heal on the ground, I spend a pretty good amount of time in the air, and I'm not that great of a turtle
  • poryon2poryon2 aka ocean Joined: Posts: 512

Dr. Wily
    Multiple Man (Wesker)
    Grandmaster

Sabretooth automatically regenerate all health and it makes your speed and moves faster.
    umvc3: pw/haggar/arthur
    skullgirls: peacock/double
    persona 4 arena: teddie
    psn: poryon2 (umvc3, kof13, skullgrills, p4a)
  • New Era OutlawNew Era Outlaw Guntoting Superhero! Joined: Posts: 412
    Call me a weenie, but I find myself playing this combination a lot:

Luke Cage/Daken/*Destroyer

Regeneration, Defense maxed out, and I get to cut red health down in the process. I'd like to move on to something new, but just as effective with Tron/Sentinel/Frank, though.
    Mega Man/Roll - MvC----MM/Tron Bonne/Roll - MvC2---MM Trigger/Roll/Zero - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
    Zero/Sentinel/Tron - MvC3 Zero - SvC Chaos
    http://neweraoutlaw.deviantart.com

Yes, I play Sentinel. Deal with it.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Joined: Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Batsu/Soki (2)
    Auto-mashes all mashable hypers plus a boost to hyper damage plus a boost to overall damage. In this deck, Akuma's Raging Demon does 47 hits (WTF?) and does about 1,195,000 damage. And god help you if you're fighting a competent Magneto, Doom, and/or Vergil.
    (Devil Trigger + XF3) HSH [lvl3] SMMH = +3 MILLION DAMAGE
    [quote="just5moreminutes;8594904"][b]"By the end of 2014, the Marvel community will be dead. People will still play it in casuals, since the game has that factor to it, but the release of newer, shiner, readily available anime fighters will rip the spotlight off Marvel entirely."[/b][/quote]
  • ArmandoXIIIArmandoXIII Joined: Posts: 67
    My deck *Fou-Lou/Ryu/Red-Hulk makes every other deck look fair IMO, it's broken beyond words.

• TimTimTimTim T-T-T-Timmay! Joined: Posts: 1,327
    Guys I know this is the card deck but it is one of the bigger HandH threads I could find, so basically I'm looking trying to get the herald colors for the capcom side but for that heroes need to win and heralds have been winning almost every week. Any glitches or exploits I can use to get the outfits? Tips in general maybe?
    Just a lazy prick.
    Anyone know how much damage increases with each level?
    Just a lazy prick.
    Not really broken just fun.
    Silver samurai, anti venom and bullseye. When you kill two chars you get access to solo 1.2 mil meterless combos.
    Just a lazy prick.
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,506
    Looking for something new.

Really hard to find any matches when I get home from work. Trying to earn more H-costumes on the Marvel side. Anyway...
    Deck C

Daken: Increase vitality recovery speed [Lv.2] Decreases recoverable red health of opponent. [Lv.2]

Ryu: Increases attack power during X-Factor. [Lv.2]

Fin Fang Foom: Constant X-Factor (No access to Hyper Combos, activates with 3 bars, deactivates with less than 3)

A cheap deck, but not as cheap as others out there. If they are able to land a combo, launch, then can TAC left or right to make me lose meter and I'm lose x-factor mode and that nullifies the affects of the Ryu card.

My strategy has been to build 3 bars of meter to get in X-Factor. That will give me increased attack power [Lv.2], no damage when blocking, health recovery which is coupled with the Daken card. Only thing though, is with no Hyper Combos available, I can't really DHC into anything to continue pilling on damage and the count on the combo meter. (Mag/Sent/Doom)

I was running Mag/Strange/Sent, but that team lacks mobility, vitality, and the ability to produce high count combos. I know... no Gravity Squeeze and Spell of Vishanti, but even worse, no Hyper Sentinel Force or Hard Drive.

So I'm looking or a deck that will allow me to use Hyper Combos and I'm going to drop all X-Factor related cards... I'll keep this deck for when I just want to lame people out, lol. [Mag-a/Sent-a/Doom-g]

Since I'm a Strange player, I might give Vidness's deck a spin and see how I like it. Any other suggestions?

@rotendo
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    Looking for something new.

Really hard to find any matches when I get home from work. Trying to earn more H-costumes on the Marvel side. Anyway...
    Deck C

Daken: Increase vitality recovery speed [Lv.2] Decreases recoverable red health of opponent. [Lv.2]

Ryu: Increases attack power during X-Factor. [Lv.2]

Fin Fang Foom: Constant X-Factor (No access to Hyper Combos, activates with 3 bars, deactivates with less than 3)

A cheap deck, but not as cheap as others out there. If they are able to land a combo, launch, then can TAC left or right to make me lose meter and I'm lose x-factor mode and that nullifies the affects of the Ryu card.

My strategy has been to build 3 bars of meter to get in X-Factor. That will give me increased attack power [Lv.2], no damage when blocking, health recovery which is coupled with the Daken card. Only thing though, is with no Hyper Combos available, I can't really DHC into anything to continue pilling on damage and the count on the combo meter. (Mag/Sent/Doom)

I was running Mag/Strange/Sent, but that team lacks mobility, vitality, and the ability to produce high count combos. I know... no Gravity Squeeze and Spell of Vishanti, but even worse, no Hyper Sentinel Force or Hard Drive.

So I'm looking or a deck that will allow me to use Hyper Combos and I'm going to drop all X-Factor related cards... I'll keep this deck for when I just want to lame people out, lol. [Mag-a/Sent-a/Doom-g]

Since I'm a Strange player, I might give Vidness's deck a spin and see how I like it. Any other suggestions?

@rotendo

If you wanted to run a high-damage deck with FFF, then the Daken card is useless. You want your entir deck to be pure, unadulterated murder fuel. I use FFF/Cyclops+/Ryu, and you dont need DHCs anymore due to your damage. Once, I faced a Nem/Hulk/Sent who used SabreLuke and chipped him to death on all three characters. With Magneto and Strange on your team, you have some REALLY good damage and projectile options already, so this deck can only help you.
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

• .Guy..Guy. STUPID SEXY ROCKET RACCOON! Joined: Posts: 1,901
    All I want is one fucking Sabretooth card

ONE
    Lieutenant Colonel of the M.O.D.O.K. AVENGERS
    MadTitan brand toothpaste, for the god-like toothy smile. Get it now!
    (Not responsible for the loss of YOUR SOUL)
    UMvC3: Joe/RR/Assmaster, Joe/FrankBest/RR
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KingRaohKingRaoh I build gauge Joined: Posts: 498
    All I want is one f'ing Loki card. I have saberteeth up the ying yang. anyone know if Loki can be found outside of Shield airshow. He's just not turning up for me :(
    5% Set-up, 5% Execution, 90% Turtle
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
  • eivellordsm2eivellordsm2 Macho Barbarian dongzilla Joined: Posts: 1,334
    does anyone play H&H on PSN any more?
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Yup it's hard finding matches in Xbox also.