[KOF XIII] EX Kyo - BODY★GA

LabanLaban KOF98 PlayerJoined: Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
I came. Going to do his Wiki page tonight. There is absolutely NO reason for "me" to play normal Kyo at all. At all at all at all.
·

Comments

• SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312
    I main Shen/EX Kyo. There is no need for a third.
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,020 ✭✭✭
    Upload a vid of some cool stuff please?
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upload a vid of some cool stuff please?
    I can't, I had to go to my friend's place to play on 360 to test stuff. I can't actually do videos until the PSN release date. But, I'll put what I can find on the wiki for now. In lieu, I'll work on EX Iori and Iori videos as well as the other cast as time goes on. Maybe not this week since there is a lot of Christmas cooking I need to be doing and almost getting a job.
    ·
  • FeezFeez Joined: Posts: 77
    i think i might replace ex iori with ex kyo if i like him enough...we shall see
    ***#SNKPlaymore @EFnet***
    ·
  • KrsJinKrsJin Cheat Kune Do Joined: Posts: 1,347
    NESTS Kyo is like a wave of nostalgia to me. But even outside of that I'm really enjoying him.

What's his best meterless BnBs you guys are finding? And what's his best one stock of meter option? In terms of damage I guess.
    Number one chief rekka.

Live in Colorado or plan to visit? Check out www.extrafresh.net
    ·
    NESTS Kyo is like a wave of nostalgia to me. But even outside of that I'm really enjoying him.

What's his best meterless BnBs you guys are finding? And what's his best one stock of meter option? In terms of damage I guess.
    cl.C f.B xx A or C Rekkas
    cr.B cl.C xx A or C Rekkas
    st.B/cr.B cr.B cr.A xx A Rekkas or Final Showdown
    cl.C xx qcf+D,D > RED KICK *corner alternative: Aragami, Aragami > hcb+P,P

Not combos:
    cr.B, cr.A (frametrap) f.B xx A or C Rekkas
    cr.B, cl.C f.B xx A or C Rekka 1 hit (didn't test EX series)

This is the main stuff, I'll find more stuff later. Don't have the 360 version on me.
    ·
  • xPlasmaxPlasma Joined: Posts: 218
    I wish you could have infinite drive on training, and I'd just do light rekka into hard rekka over and over for the rest of time.
    The fear when someone has done two shorts and you know a super is coming
    ·
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 597
    i'm playing on ps3 so i haven't got him yet LOLOLOLOL
    how are his command normals? and what about cancelling/whencancelledinto?
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
    ·
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Doesn't look like you cancel :df: HK into anything aside from HD cancel......
    EX Red Kick homes in from anywhere on screen, nice punishment for zoning.
    Normal RED Kicks will come in handy against zoners, but they knockdown on hit, can't drive cancel them, you can end juggles with them but there's better finishers....
    :qcf:HK, needs 2nd HK input for second hit, you can juggle with his Rekkas, but normal Kyo's meterless juggles give more options. EX Kyo's :dp: LP/HP doesn't push people upwards, has kind of vacuum effect on the EX version, pulls opponent in and shoots them out and away depending on screen position
    Rekkas:rofl: ....the shit you can with Rekka Drive/HD Cancels is so much fun. Cr.LK chains easy into cr.LP or standing LP straight into Rekka madness.
    :qcf:HP, DC :qcf:LP, :qcf:HP and so...into anything......not as meterless juggle capable as Kyo, but ground pressure was lots of fun.
    ·
  • TannerTanner Joined: Posts: 1,691 ✭✭

Meterless:
    (midscreen) cl.C f.B xx C rekkas
    (corner) cl.C xx QCF+D, QCF+A, QCF+A > HCB+A, P

1 Meter 1 Drive
    (corner) cl.C f.B xx QCF+AC > QCF+A > HCB+A > P [DC] QCF+D, QCF+A, QCF+A > HCB+A > P
    League of Legends IGN: Logios
    ·
  • KrsJinKrsJin Cheat Kune Do Joined: Posts: 1,347
    Oh wow, I didn't realize you could connect his C rekkas off of his f.B. Thanks man. I did notice if I don't began that first combo deep enough the C rekkas fall out of space a bit but that's on my spacing haha.
    Number one chief rekka.

Live in Colorado or plan to visit? Check out www.extrafresh.net
    ·
  • -Cross--Cross- Body ga...amee ze! Joined: Posts: 224
    There is absolutely NO reason for "me" to play normal Kyo at all. At all at all at all.

this is seriously how i feel....but i sadly have the ps3 version as well. ex kyo is amazing.
    ·
  • KamhaulKamhaul The Iron Blooded, Cold Blooded, Hot Blooded Vampire Joined: Posts: 53
    what spot do you think he fits in the most? i heard he does less damage than XIII Kyo with meter, but more without than XIII, is that true?
    XBL Gamertag: MK Ineptitude
    SSFIVAE: Dudley, Yun
    UMVC3 : Iron Fist, Spencer, Strange/ Nova, Spencer, Sent
    KOFXIII: EXKYO, Terry, Ralf
    TTT2: Feng/Jin, Lars/Feng
    ·
    what spot do you think he fits in the most? i heard he does less damage than XIII Kyo with meter, but more without than XIII, is that true?
    I prefer him on First or Second, but he could be played on Third as well. He's my best character and I set the momentum with him easily so I like him to put a large dent into teams at the start of the game. Since his tool set is balanced enough to test out people, I feel comfortable with him as the starter as opposed to more eccentric or characters that thrive better with more meter.

I can't test the damage outputs between both Kyos without meter, I remember EX Kyo's standard bnbs did marginally less damage than Kyo, but had about as good or better okizeme.
    ·
  • Drizzle BubbleDrizzle Bubble FADC TAUNT Joined: Posts: 492
    My best character so far. I have him second although I think he'd be better first for a lot of teams.
    Actually got past trail 7 with this character, haha!
    SKULLGUUURRLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - PARASOUL, FILIAAAA
    ·
  • PoretPoret 12 yr old scrub on XBL Joined: Posts: 155
    Was playing around with Kyo's qcf.pngHK and you can followup with hyper hop (or is it super hop? still getting used to the jumps in this game) HK when you are midscreen for some fun cross under shenanigans. Haven't used it in a real match yet and I'm not sure how viable it is since qcf.pngHK doesn't combo off of much but still a nice tool.
    XBL: ThatKidPoret
    ·
  • DynickstyDynicksty Joined: Posts: 562
    i was just testing out my phone's upload speed to youtube but I was testing out exactly what you're talking about and uploaded some stuff you can do.

the first setup will not work if they hold back to block( jump b doesnt hit meaty), I tweaked it in the second vid to hit meaty so they must block the cross up. depending on when you hit the hyperhop D you can change whether kyo will cross up or not. Additionally kyo can do the run under mixup off qcf BD as well as qcf D...very ambiguous and you can choose to go to either side.

using hyperhop C as a reset i also got jump C to cross up on crouchers wooo
    ·
    That's some pretty cool stuff. :)

After the QCF D (in the corner) you can do HCB B and then drive cancel it into QCF B. It seems like you can do something after this but nothing seems to work. :/ Could someone help me out?
    ·
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    That's some pretty cool stuff. :)

After the QCF D (in the corner) you can do HCB B and then drive cancel it into QCF B. It seems like you can do something after this but nothing seems to work. :/ Could someone help me out?

qcb+B only has juggle frames for the very first bit (just like when you normally do qcf+B off a cl.C or cr.B st.B). In this specific situations it juggles up much too high to be able to hit with something in time. So it's not possible.
    ·
    Oh. :( Well, thanks anyway dude.
    They do seem to go waaay too high. XD

I guess I need to understand this games engine better. :/
    ·
  • DemersonDemerson Joined: Posts: 101
    Any idea what he says when he does his super and neomax?
    ·
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Any idea what he says when he does his super and neomax?
    His 2xqcf+P

Misete yaru, kusanagi no kobushi wo!
    "I'll show you it, the fist of the Kusanagis!"

His qcb,hcf+P
    kuraiyagare
    Kinda hard to translate, it's a very disdainful insulting way of saying "eat (this)!"

and his neomax:
    MOERO
    "BURN!".
    Oh. :( Well, thanks anyway dude.
    They do seem to go waaay too high. XD

I guess I need to understand this games engine better. :/
    Well, it's actually kind of an exception to the juggle mechanics. So don't worry about it.
    ·
  • DemersonDemerson Joined: Posts: 101
    His 2xqcf+P

Misete yaru, kusanagi no kobushi wo!
    "I'll show you it, the fist of the Kusanagis!"

His qcb,hcf+P
    kuraiyagare
    Kinda hard to translate, it's a very disdainful insulting way of saying "eat (this)!"

and his neomax:
    MOERO
    "BURN!".

Thanks, I appreciate it. I actually chose EX Kyo over regular Kyo on my team just simply because I thought his neomax and and 2xqcf+P were even more badass. That's a legit reason, right?
    ·
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero Block punishment into "Nippon Ichi!" Joined: Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭
    If anyone wishes to learn more about NEST Kyo, please feel free to visit this thread as well -
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nests-kyo-tier-placement-and-practical-game-play-tactics.152688/
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP
    Twitch Channel: great_dark_hero
    Methodical KOF player and general FG enthusiast.
    Playing a whole lot of KOFXIII, TTT2, DOA5LR, KOF98(UM:FE), KOF02UM, 3S, Skullgirls, Yatagarasu and Darkstalkers Resurrection.
    Learning about KOFXIII? Click on my FAQS: http://pastebin.com/tn5cgtPH
    Learning Mai Shiranui on KOFXIII? Start here

·
  • aegis&brothersaegis&brothers The Dark Knight Sparda Joined: Posts: 31
    I recently picked NESTS Kyo but the only problem i'm having with him is that I can't constantly do the second hcf rekka of his A rekkas. Kinda weird coming from a 3S Yang player too.
    3S: Yang, Urien, Ken
    AE: Cody, Adon
    Cvs2: Rock,Yamazaki,Geese
    UMVC3: Vergil, Wesker, Hawkeye
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312
    I recently picked NESTS Kyo but the only problem i'm having with him is that I can't constantly do the second hcf rekka of his A rekkas. Kinda weird coming from a 3S Yang player too.
    What? There is no hcf in his rekkas.

qcf+A > qcf+A > P/K
    qcf+A > hcb+A > P
    qcf+C > hcb+C > f+C > dp+C

Just make sure you're doing the right chain. I think you're meaning to do the elbow ender into OTG for the corner combo, no? You don't have to hitconfirm it, so just crank out hcb+P after inputting the 「BODY★GA」.
    ·
  • aegis&brothersaegis&brothers The Dark Knight Sparda Joined: Posts: 31
    What? There is no hcf in his rekkas.

qcf+A > qcf+A > qcf+P/K
    qcf+A > hcb+A > P
    qcf+C > hcb+C > f+C > dp+C

Just make sure you're doing the right chain. I think you're meaning to do the elbow ender into OTG for the corner combo, no? You don't have to hitconfirm it, so just crank out hcb+P after inputting the 「BODY★GA」.
    Thanks man. The problem hasn't really been occuring since I took that advice.
    3S: Yang, Urien, Ken
    AE: Cody, Adon
    Cvs2: Rock,Yamazaki,Geese
    UMVC3: Vergil, Wesker, Hawkeye
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • Turbo KenTurbo Ken Joined: Posts: 29
    Can someone please tell me the inputs for this combo. It starts at 2:43 in the video. I can't land the dp at the end of the combo. Thanks

·
  • rksolomonrksolomon Wanderer Joined: Posts: 54
    Can someone please tell me the inputs for this combo. It starts at 2:43 in the video. I can't land the dp at the end of the combo. Thanks

j.2C, st.C, f+B xx qcf+C, hcb+A/C [DC] qcf+B xx qcf~hcb+P, dp+A - 456 dmg

The strength of the C rekka follow-up doesn't matter.
    The B upkick into orochinagi feels like a free cancel. The timing for the B upkick then to connect the orochinagi is a little tight, if you delay the orochinagi too much, you don't get the juggle state where you can do dp+A.

I hope this helps. Good day.
    ·
  • Turbo KenTurbo Ken Joined: Posts: 29
    j.2C, st.C, f+B xx qcf+C, hcb+A/C [DC] qcf+B xx qcf~hcb+P, dp+A - 456 dmg

The strength of the C rekka follow-up doesn't matter.
    The B upkick into orochinagi feels like a free cancel. The timing for the B upkick then to connect the orochinagi is a little tight, if you delay the orochinagi too much, you don't get the juggle state where you can do dp+A.

I hope this helps. Good day.

Thanks man, I'll try it out when I have the time.

·