KOFXIII Console (360/PS3) Bug /Glitches Thread

NocturnalNocturnal SNK SupporterJoined: Posts: 2,973 mod
Since the game has been out for a while now figured it was time to start a new bug thread. Post all your findings here. Please specify which console you are using and what caused the bug.

I'll kick things off with this recently discovered bug for EX/Nest Kyo:

youtube channel = jaimedl
twitch channel = jaimedl
twitter = NocturnalSRK
·

Comments

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,020 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • MrFTWMrFTW Shazbot Joined: Posts: 1,169
    I found one

"Mike has this amazing ability to answer a rhetorical question, and make you feel dumber for asking it" - Andy
    "I don't enjoy people yoinking my junk" -Ron

I went slow once and it was horrible.
    ·
  • MazinkaiserMazinkaiser Debiru Mashin Joined: Posts: 88

Double DM & NM activation at the same time resolve with both animation ;) rare and situational to occur but in a true scrub moment can happen xD

And (but this one imho isn't a bug.. just a engine design choice.. i guess at least) you can't input anything in the super animation freeze (dunno if already discussed).

Regards
    ·
  • AcidGlowAcidGlow ~Misogi~ Joined: Posts: 405 ✭✭
    Win Loss Glitch on Xbox 360.
    I won and it was counted as a loss..
    ·
  • hundjsiegfriedhundjsiegfried Joined: Posts: 19
    ·
    ·
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,973 mod
    Are those 2 bugs Raiden specific or do they work on other characters? I'll have to give those a test since I have both console versions of the game.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
    ·
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would consider the Raiden stuff an oversight on balancing then an actual bug as combos not working on every one is nothing new.
    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. Watch live video from jedpossum on www.hitbox.tv [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games
    ·
    Are those 2 bugs Raiden specific or do they work on other characters? I'll have to give those a test since I have both console versions of the game.
    No. Just my favorite sandbag is Raiden.
    ·
    This combo is working on the PC rip KOFXIII. I dont know why they changed on PS3. :S
    ·
    ·
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    Transparent characters?

0116121014.jpg
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    ·
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,920
    snip
    mature and vice's special ghost colors. its intended
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws
    ·
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    mature and vice's special ghost colors. its intended
    Oh... No clue. LMAO
    thanks.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    ·
  • DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160
    They're ghost wizards along with Kula #10, watch out for that knife eye attack.

Also afaik Saiki has the only normal throw that builds meter for the opponent upon connection. Dunno what's up with that lol.
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."
    ·
  • SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312

More on RED Kick, specifically the EX version.
    ·
  • Ben ReedBen Reed c. LK is my co-pilot Joined: Posts: 976 ✭✭
    More on RED Kick, specifically the EX version.

Sparkster, have you or anybody else tried these glitches with normal throws? Because yesterday in tournament I did what I THINK was an accidental RED Kick (I think it was just regular and not EX, trying to do some half-cocked walk back low short maneuver) and somehow walked backwards out of Kula's normal throw.
    This post is +0 on block.
    ·
  • SpαrksterSpαrkster G.F.B.T.G. Joined: Posts: 312
    Sorry for the late reply, but are you saying Kula's throw whiffed? Usually the game should register a cl.C/D if the opposing player isn't throwable, though the D R.E.D. Kick resulted in an odd character state property.

Either way all known EX Kyo glitches have been removed, so this matter is a moot point.
    ·
  • Legendary GokouLegendary Gokou 210 Nem Joined: Posts: 2,072
    Had a weird glitch happen on the 360 version. Was playing an offline match, I had just beaten Shen with a somewhat weird cross up with Athena's j d as Shen did standing C. Next round starts, and his last character (regular Iori) is not there at all. The game still registers something as being there since if she walks past the point Iori would be, she turns around. I have video of it coming soon, but we only captured the part of him being invisible, not the part leading up to it.
    The Comeback Kid
    ·
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,920
    they need to fix the weird throw trade glitches where you can trade an attack that has an effect like flames or something with someones throw and still get thrown while they're on fire..
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws
    ·
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 300
    There's also the drive gauge bug where it lights up even when you have less then 50% meter. It happens on both consoles.
    XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,020 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • Great_Dark_HeroGreat_Dark_Hero The trainer uses Whiff Punish! It's super effective! Joined: Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭
    I found something else that might interest a lot of Duo Lon players.

If you notice in the video, Duo Lon drive cancels into his projectile from the other side after the second hit of his QCFxA/C Rekka.

- Corner: (Get close to the opponent, you might want to run towards them in the process)
    Close EX f.A > QCFxA x 2 > (when you attempt to get the third hit of Duo Lon rekka in, he will instead end up on the opposite side of his opponent, drive cancelling into his projectile move instead. The said projectile can be utilized for continuing combos as well. Whether this glitch/bug/mishap helps his game play style is up to people's interpretation entirely.
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GDHTP
    Twitch: Watch live video from great_dark_hero on www.twitch.tv
    Methodical KOF player and general FG enthusiast.
    Playing a whole lot of KOFXIII, TTT2, DOA5LR, KOF98(UM:FE), KOF02UM, 3S, Skullgirls, Yatagarasu and Darkstalkers Resurrection.
    Learning about KOFXIII? Click on my FAQS: http://pastebin.com/tn5cgtPH
    Learning Mai Shiranui on KOFXIII? Start here

·