The Relationship/Dating Thread: We will argue over your issue like we're your parents...even yell.

Comments

• QrazyQrazy Joined: Posts: 2,124
    Don't forget this part:
    She apparently doesn't think so, haha. I already got a girl, but I want to see how far I can get with her because a lot of guys are after her at work but she doesn't give them the time of day. I don't mind a little challenge. The semester is starting soon, once it starts, I'll probably stop going after her and go after girls on campus instead.
    What if your "girl" did to you what this coworker is doing to her dude?
    As a matter of fact, why do YOU even have a gf?

qrazyinfo Tell your baby father im coming over Q.

— myworld mycurls tish (@Tish_myworld) October 30, 2012
  • starkilledstarkilled Black and white (I'm really black) Joined: Posts: 1,702
    I agree with you but we cant put it all on Wander she get some blame too if she didnt put her foot down. chances are she has cheated in the past before Wander's situation w/her.

Oh she takes a good portion of blame as well, but I'm just saying, don't be THAT guy. Let it be someone else, don't air yourself out like that. I'm sure she has cheated in the past if she's acting like that, and that's a scary thing, you don't know who's she's been with or what she could have or do to you.(STD, claim sexual harassment, lie to the boyfriend and provoke an ass whoopin 10x worse)
    fuck a relationship. god told that stupid bitch eve not to eat the fuckin mango or whatever, the bitch did, and fucked everyone. fuck women! shout out to snakes! -jimmy1200
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,456
    Soon or later, shit is just going to hit the fan. Two people dating in the workplace, cheating on their girlfriend/boyfriend. Someone's either going to lose their job or some teeth.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    Soon or later, shit is just going to hit the fan. Two people dating in the workplace, cheating on their girlfriend/boyfriend. Someone's either going to lose their job or some teeth.
    probably both.
    fuck a relationship. god told that stupid bitch eve not to eat the fuckin mango or whatever, the bitch did, and fucked everyone. fuck women! shout out to snakes! -jimmy1200
  • RodimusRodimus Im just 1 of the 5! Joined: Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ?uestion cause I have a situation going on too.

One of my best female friends is about to become homeless. Her living situation is super fucked up. I have extra space and she asked me would i think about helping her out for a month or more with a place to stay.

My problem is she has a bf, out of respect I told her to talk over her situation with him. They been together for yrs I dont know him so i dont know his character but she love him. So Im like cant you and him move in together?

She told me he isnt ready, that he wants them to get married first and all that. I was like ok that dont sound like BS to you? ya'll can just go b4 a judge then do a traditonal style wedding later right? She tells me thats what she suggested to him but he didnt want to do that.

I told her you told him that you are about to be homeless right? She was like yea but his parents would have a problem with me moving in with him. I was like he make decent money tho right? She tells me yea..

So i told her you need to make a move with your bf.

Ive known her for like 12yrs i would think since she been with that dude for 4 or 5yrs it would be no question that he'd make it happen.

I think he B.S'n her but thats not my lane to cause reasonable doubt in her relationship. I told her if you told your bf that you was staying with another dude wouldn't he flip out? I know i would. I remember back maybe 2 or 3yrs agoi met her for drinks and he was blowing up her phone like why you out drinking with some other dude.

I dont even see her like that, but i dont want to see her homeless.
  • LunaidLunaid Joined: Posts: 642
    Lets be real, if she cheats, it's not my fault. It's the boyfriend's fault for not doing his job as her man, not mine. So don't be putting your nuts on my face like it's my fault. Haha.

Some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen put into words. If she cheats it's her fault for being a piece of fucking garbage. Sure it's situational, maybe her boyfriend isn't doing things right, but even then she's 100% at fault.

Are you to blame even a little bit if she does cheat? No. Do I think you're kind of a scumbag after reading all of this? Maybe. Put half this effort into a chick without a boyfriend.
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,456

One of my best female friends is about to become homeless. Her living situation is super fucked up. I have extra space and she asked me would i think about helping her out for a month or more with a place to stay.

My problem is she has a bf, out of respect I told her to talk over her situation with him. They been together for yrs I dont know him so i dont know his character but she love him. So Im like cant you and him move in together?

She told me he isnt ready, that he wants them to get married first and all that. I was like ok that dont sound like BS to you? ya'll can just go b4 a judge then do a traditonal style wedding later right? She tells me thats what she suggested to him but he didnt want to do that.

I told her you told him that you are about to be homeless right? She was like yea but his parents would have a problem with me moving in with him. I was like he make decent money tho right? She tells me yea..

Ive known her for like 12yrs i would think since she been with that dude for 4 or 5yrs it would be no question that he'd make it happen.

I think he B.S'n her but thats not my lane to cause reasonable doubt in her relationship. I told her if you told your bf that you was staying with another dude wouldn't he flip out? I know i would. I remember back maybe 2 or 3yrs agoi met her for drinks and he was blowing up her phone like why you out drinking with some other dude.

He seems to be a crappy boyfriend if he isn't willing to help his soon-to-be homeless girlfriend, let alone be pissed over her having a close friend helping her out and offering to put a roof over her head. Personally, I don't think you even have to disclose that to him, seeing he isn't doing anything about it other than wanting to do everything traditionally. Why would she want to marry a guy like that? If he lives on his own, why does what his parents think matter? Her boyfriend needs to realize that you're just helping out a friend, and nothing more.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    @rodimus you made the right decision telling her to talk it over with your bf...especially after that stunt with the phone calls. Marriage is not that cut and dry...there could be other reasons why he cannot marry her...but barring any extenuating circumstances he does need to shit or get off the pot. That is for HER to figure out though.
    You cannot have her move in with a controlling boyfriend in tow...if you have known her 12 years and she has dated him for 5, there is a reason why you do not know him and I am sure it is him. Sounds like a controlling prick who will probably start drama in your house. I do not know how close you are to her...but if her situation could make your peaceful domain no longer peaceful...then you have to put you first.

snippity.

Maybe you can take some time to help her situation by looking for other ways to help her . She doesn't have any girl friends or brothers/sisters willing to help? I don't think you should move her in, it looks like her dude is just looking for a reason to start some shit.
    @rodimus you made the right decision telling her to talk it over with your bf...especially after that stunt with the phone calls. Marriage is not that cut and dry...there could be other reasons why he cannot marry her...but barring any extenuating circumstances he does need to shit or get off the pot. That is for HER to figure out though.
    You cannot have her move in with a controlling boyfriend in tow...if you have known her 12 years and she has dated him for 5, there is a reason why you do not know him and I am sure it is him. Sounds like a controlling prick who will probably start drama in your house. I do not know how close you are to her...but if her situation could make your peaceful domain no longer peaceful...then you have to put you first.

Yea she know me I worked too hard for my peace and Im not about to have any drama. He still lives with his parents but from what i was told he makes enough to support them. I was also trying to figure out why hasnt he moved out already but idk know and Im not about to ask. So Im just like ok if you plan on marrying this dude down the line why not just pool ya'll money together now since you gonna be homeless.

I have only met a few of my female friends bf's so with her her last bf we was cool but this dude idk about him so Im not gonna throw him under the bus just yet.

We share a mutal friend who has space also I asked her and she was like they aren't as cool as they use to be but she would think about it. Mind you that mutal friend has only known her for like 4yrs i think.
    Maybe you can take some time to help her situation by looking for other ways to help her . She doesn't have any girl friends or brothers/sisters willing to help? I don't think you should move her in, it looks like her dude is just looking for a reason to start some shit.

Oh trust fam I have, we share a mutal friend so Im trying to see if that girl will put her up for a lil bit. Her fam is all west coast and her fam here dont have the space because they all married kids etc.
  • OsgXOsgX Joined: Posts: 1,900
    Rodimus, it sounds like you're doing all you can man. I don't understand why her man won't step up to the plate, but that's between him and her. Smh. Sucks to see friends in situations like that.
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod

First up... if thats ya friend. You give it to her like a friend. If you value that friendship then it simply comes out to this........an this is YOU simply being a man:

" you door is open... but he can't come"

Simple as that. You don't know him like you stated. Its no drama cause its your spot and if he does catch a issue then it falls on her. She also need to be reminded to tap her REAL last resort HER PARENTS. If she hasnt done so she needs too..... an she clearly doesnt trust ol' boy and I PUT MONEY ON IT she will drop his ass cause she is at a point where life hits you hard and you REALIZE who is there an who isnt. That will click into her head unless he does have some control over her be it sex or false promises (especially if she is making excuses for him)... Till then you can extend your hand but you make sure you lay down ground rules. Either she will do what she needs to do to re-up in life or she can be stuck like hell. An don't be afraid to ask question more than what your doing.... if your going to open your home up you need to know how she lives... what she does... is she working to get back on her feet...etc. etc (trust me if she is serious those questions shouldnt be a problem).
    Respected... simple as that.
    First up... if thats ya friend. You give it to her like a friend. If you value that friendship then is simply comes out to this........an this is YOU simply being a man:

" you door is open... but he can't come"

Simple as that. You don't know him like you stated. Its no drama cause its your spot and if he does catch a issue then it falls on her. She also need to be reminded to tap her REAL last resort HER PARENTS. If she hasnt done so she needs too..... an she clearly doesnt trust ol' boy and I PUT MONEY ON IT she will drop his ass cause she is at a point where life hits you hard and you REALIZE who is there an who isnt. That will click into her head unless he does have some control over her be it sex or false promises (especially if she is making excuses for him)... Till then you can extend your hand but you make sure you lay down ground rules. Either she will do what she needs to do to re-up in life or she can be stuck like hell. An don't be afraid to ask question more than what your doing.... if your going to open your home up you need to know how she lives... what she does... is she working to get back on her feet...etc. etc (trust me if she is serious those questions shouldnt be a problem).

On no doubt fam you know I already asked all those questions, she moved back in with her mom about 2yrs ago to help out cause her mother fell sick. So at the same time her aunt moved in also cause she was going thru a divorce. The aunts got the place sorta unsafe because of the husband etc. I dont know all those details.

So the aunt ended up moving her kids in and one of my friends nieces i guess is like 14 or 15 and just had a child. The father is some 16 or 17 yr old and his fam is causing problems what have you.

My friend cant take it helping her mom and having to i guess deal with the aunts non sense too, some type of fight happend and now her Mom sorta filled on her cause of her sis the aunt.

The rest of her fam is on the west coast so cause of her work and stuff she cant just up and leave. I told her Im not dealing with her bf but if you really serious about him then you gotta get it thru his head that you have no options really.

So idk what she gonna do I wanted some peeps views on should i fall back if she dont get that her bf aint really trying to help her living situation.

I told her that my door is open and she offered to help with my rent but we friends I already discussed with her if she did move in with me what things i would need her to pay.
    I just hate to see my friends stuck especially if they are hard working you know. Its one thing if i can clearly see that they aint doing shit but thats not the case with her. I think in 2months she'd have her own place like she use to.
    I just hate to see my friends stuck especially if they are hard working you know. Its one thing if i can clearly see that they aint doing shit but thats not the case with her. I think in 2months she'd have her own place like she use to.

Understood. You can open your door you just make sure you state the main thing about the boyfriend your unknown with. If she feels your being on some 'parental guidance' type shyt you make sure you slap the shyt out of her with the point he is not making a single effort to SUPPORT her as a man should and as a woman expects...

I don't want to see my people out either... but if they cant recognize when they need to 'restart' and 'ride that shyt out' I can't help them. If they choose a 'lover' that isnt the main person trying to assist them in some type of way (being grown for one) over someone that is helping and simply asking to keep STRANGERS out of your home... then so be. Life will show them how such a mistake it is and YOU cant lose any sleep or feelings over it. I learned at age 15 "you cant worry about a friend that cant recognize help"
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ^ she could not want you spending extra money, she could also assume you could just snuggle since you two never did the deed prior, her limit could even be heavy petting.
    I say this time and time again...women and men communicate in different ways...this is one example to add to my point.

granted you're a girl...but NIGGA PLEASE!

lol petting, haven't heard that since middle school health class. snuggling is a post-coitus activity, if you ain't getting the buns then your ass shouldn't be snuggling a cot-damn thing.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Here's a vid starring my cousin:
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    Simple an plain im not goin on no ski trip- weekend away with hopes that im tappin something.... sorry. If i havent gotten the tail prior to a weekend away then its not goin down... dont care if i do love to ski/snowboard...
  • CuzCuz Joined: Posts: 544

lol petting, haven't heard that since middle school health class. snuggling is a post-coitus activity, if you ain't getting the buns then your ass shouldn't be snuggling a cot-damn thing.

Like I said I wouldn't be offended, just incredibly puzzled. If she said we're not having sex because she's an undercover agent investigating reports that the owners of the mountain are smuggling diamonds using the snow and she needed a cover, I'd be like "woa..." but it would make more sense.
    Like I said I wouldn't be offended, just incredibly puzzled. If she said we're not having sex because she's an undercover agent investigating reports that the owners of the mountain are smuggling diamonds using the snow and she needed a cover, I'd be like "woa..." but it would make more sense.

i just busted out laughing at work...
  • NeesaNeesa Well, shit. Joined: Posts: 7,062
    @TheWanderer: Are you cool with some dude doing the same shit to your girl? If so, then, why are you in a relationship?

I understand that, sometimes in long relationship, things can get stale and boring. So, looking for the next best thing seems fun and exciting. But, obviously her boyfriend and her are doing something right if they lasted for 5 years... But, put it this way, would you like to know that you possibly helped destroy a relationship because of some pussy? Possibly getting your ass kicked by said girl's enraged boyfriend?

If you answered yes to to any of those questions, then proceed to enter a possible situation that could be avoided if you stopped thinking with the head in your pants. /dumbass
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    3DS FC: 0559-8183-6908

See...men and women...different beings.

Sent using my Evo..not the 3D ish..eff 3D!

• GeneralDGeneralD TIME TO KICK BUBBLEGUM AND CHEW ASS!!!! Joined: Posts: 498
    Women can't be homeless. It's almost impossible for that to happen in Americunt.

Their hasn't been a homeless woman since the 80's except for the one chick that lived in a van with her mom and then they ended up becoming rich because she wrote about the struggle of being a woman that didn't use her pussy to get by in life. True story.
    Compromise
    Conformity
    Assimilation
    Submission
    Ignorance
    Hypocrisy
    Brutality
    The Elite
    All of which are American dreams!
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Fuuuuck. Saw this beautiful redhead today, and she flirted with me at the liquor store. But I didn't act on it. Was buying rum on the way to my grandmas deathbed. My mind wasnt in it.

I am severely regretting it
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,624
    Why you believe she is telling the truth is the reason lies break trust. Look at things this way, if you were trying to get in someone's good books would you say ''Yeah I've just been doing my own thing, had a few flings, got on with my work and all that'' or would try and make out as though you were busy but had the person on your mind all the time.

I think it does matter, her fucking other guys is irrelevant but the affect her words have on his perception of how she feels about him is very relevant.

Her words give the impression that she has deep feelings for him, would be committed to him and what not but as you highlighted 'she has a lot of shit going that's evidently more important that him'.

It sounds like you're overly cynical. Although I think that mentality is partially to blame for how fucked up people can be I also understand why anyone would be that way but that's definitely not me. To answer your question I'd say whatever the truth is even if it lessens my chances with a woman because I don't think there's ever a good reason to lie and I'm pretty sure she would agree.

Most of the time you have no way of definitively finding out if a person is lying or not you just look at the situation and either believe them or not. I choose to give her the benefit of the doubt in this case.

She texted me on new years day and called me tonight apologizing again for not talking to me more because she moved again, we had a good talk though I had to cut it real short to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which was incredible:love:

Also Thurst is right even if she's fucking other people it's not my business since she's not my gf, although lying about said fucking would be obvious grounds for kicking her to the curb.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    It's sad. No matter how cracked out and nasty an old ass hooker is she'll still get picked up by SOMEBODY.

I was driving around downtown here heading to the exes(this was when we were dating don't send me to my room Qrazy) and it gets real busy down there when there's a hockey game going on. So I took one of the nasty side streets where the broke hookers walk.

I pulled up to a four way stop next to one of the nastiest looking ladies I've ever seen. So naturally I locked my fucking doors. I'm waiting for these two girls to my right to go, cause they stopped first, and they pull out to turn down the street I'm on. All of the sudden they STOP, in the middle of the intersection. Like I was gonna pull out into them or something! So I'm still full stopped, I've got these dumb broads with their headlights in my eyes and this nasty hooker walking close to my passenger door and looking in my car and shit. So now these girls are looking at me all fucking weird and I'm waving them on frantically getting ready to floor it out of there.

Women drivers made me look like I was picking up some gross old lady...

I forgot to quote his post but this was directed at GeneralDs post. Just realizing this looks real off topic just by itself like this...
  • weightedcompanioncubeweightedcompanioncube Joined: Posts: 133
    This is pre-relationship ish, though, it seems like this would be the best place to post this. I have absolutely nothing against children. I absolutely love them, but every single woman that seems attracted to me has anywhere from one kid to a handful of them. I have not yet met a woman in the last year and a half who did not already have a child. I am a no drama, no games type of dude, I'm pretty much straight forward with all my problems, don't really get lost in my feelings either. The women I am meeting really are more mature than the girls my age, since they all seem to be more worried about what kind of fun they are gonna have next. The real problem that I feel like I'm running into is that alot of these chicks will try to take advantage of my good nature
  • TheWandererTheWanderer Joined: Posts: 544
    Asked her to meet me in my car again, she said she can't cuz her cousin is riding with her to work. I said drop her cousin off and come meet me. After work, she quickly rushed her cousin home and thirty minutes later, she texted me asking if I'm waiting for her, while I was getting gas and about to head home. I thought she was going to drop her cuz off and go home to change then meet me, not drop her cuz off and then come meet me.

I picked her up and held her hand as usual, this time she didn't push me away, but held it out when I went to reach for it. We went bowling, I put my arms around while we walk inside the place, she smiled and tried to shook me off. We started bowling and I tried to kiss her on the cheek. She liked it. Her hand got tired, so we went back to the place we meet at. Before I got there, I took her somewhere dark and just turn my car off. We sat there and talked about random stuff and sex.

While we were talking, I would lean in, about 6-7 inches away from her face, while looking down her shirt and lips. She just laughed and we continued talking. During the conversation, I put my hand on her thigh and fixed her shirt. I fixed her hair while kissing her on the cheek. I told her we should play a game, she said ok.
    I said if I guess right, what color her bra is, then I get a kiss. At first, she said no no no. I keep convincing her, so she finally say yes. I guessed right and she wouldn't do it. She said she owed me one.

We kept talking while I keep trying to kiss her. Forehead, ear, neck, hair, while my hand on her thigh. It was getting too late, and I have to get up early to drive to NY so I had to let her go.

P.S I feel like I have won the competition at work. Too bad none of the guys at work know. Haha. I think if I stick around any longer, she'll fall for me. Because during our conversation I asked her if she got feelings for me, she said she's not telling with a big ass smile....For some reason, as I was driving home, I thought about my girl and what will happen if I keep this up. I think I will back off for a while now and not mack on her no more. It was fun while it lasted. :)
    huh
    Inb4 cousin is somehow related/friends to wander's girlfriend and some giant shitstorm brews where he loses his job, girlfriend, gets sued to hell and back for the sexual harassment charges, and a possible hospital bill from the angry boyfriend

I see someone noticing something "off" at work, like you shoving this chick into your black van with no windows. From what you've posted, it sounds like this chick is a little uncomfortable but doesn't want to hurt your feelings but is genuinely interested in being your friend for some unknown reason. Tread lightly, because this could get real hairy for you very quickly.
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,336
    *reads last several post*
    dis-gon-b-gud.gif
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,066
    Kzoh stole what I was going to do.
    Anyways, why the fuck are you cheating on your girl with another woman, and encouraging her to cheat on her man? It's just all sorts of wrong for all parties. If you don't want to be with your girl no more just break up with her, and don't make shit worse for her when she finds out. Same with the girl you're cheating with.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • HawkHawk Tandem and Saikyo Joined: Posts: 1,658
    I have never set foot in this thread before but I am going to post here in an attempt to get some advice/insight on life. If you (the reader with more life experience than I) would like to read my wall of text and help me out, the input would be extremely helpful and appreciated as I am about at the end of my damn rope. I only proofread this once, so I apologize if any of it is a jumbled mess as it's 5 AM and I'm not in the most coherent and reasonable of mindsets.
    To describe myself, first: I am 20 years old and mostly introverted. For the vast majority of my life, I have adopted the philosophy of "I should work on my own life before I work on my life with somebody else" and have never seriously dated (infatuations in high school don't really count, do they?). Recently, though, I've been starting to take a look back at that side of life and have been extremely confused on what the right I guess you could say "mindset" is to have when going into things.

I am the kind of guy that values an actual bond between people. I am not a "for sex" kind of person. But I have spent a lot of time observing the relationships of friends of mine and have not been pleased with the things I've seen. Most of it is...appalling. Two people mutually fooling themselves into a fake happiness. A relationship where the only real, honest expression of true emotion is passive aggression and arguments. There's tension in the air: deep down you resent each other, you can't stand it, but you swallow those thoughts to the back of your mind and keep with things so you can be "happy". I don't want to be like that. If I'm taken by somebody, I want something that's not just a surface thing. But the more and more I see, I wonder, is that even possible? Should I be expecting this out of somebody?

I'm starting to think I'm one of those emotionally unstable boyfriends. For a while, I thought I knew the difference between somebody like me and that crazy emotional guy that's insecure in everybody and everything. Me... I just don't like "floating on a cloud", I guess the phrase would go. If it's obvious somebody is lying, I'll bring it up. If it's obvious they're upset, I will ignore the "It's nothings" and try to push the issue. If there is an issue, to lie about it and leave it unresolved does not seem healthy to me. I'm just vocal on things.

But for the bulk of the story: I've tried and gone through an attempt at a relationship recently and it was a complete mess.

To start, I have known this girl for a couple of years, I met her when I was taking classes at the community college, and after I stopped going there we kept in touch on facebook. She moved out of state about a year ago and we've been in touch actively online, interaction on a daily or once every other day basis, barring being away somewhere or busy with life matters. She has also been in a relationship ever since shortly after arrived to where she lives now. And the guy she is dating is extremely emotionally abusive. Guilt trips, threatening to leave her, almost downright throwing tantrums if he doesn't get the attention he wants. She seemed sort of trapped, she'd vent to me about all of the stuff she had to put up with, about how she was just a "babysitter" at times to his shenanigans... I don't understand why she was stuck, and I tried everything I could to convince her she didn't have to put up with this. According to her, I was the only one she could talk to about her problems concerning...well, anything, because saying anything upsetting to this guy is catastrophic. She had to put on a fake smile and pretend everything was okay.

Couple of months ago, her and her boyfriend get into a fight. She had to be busy with school for a few days (I'm not downplaying this for effect. It was literally 3 days of her not being able to talk to him) and he flips his shit. Starts ranting about how she doesn't really love him, about how she's a selfish lazy bitch, and then he breaks up with her.

Let me change the emphasis there: he "breaks up" with her. As in, she's depressed and feeling miserable, but they still talk the next and nothing changes. Still close friends, he still talks to and sees her normally. I don't really know the specific details, I assume there are more because the fact that just simply that is possible blows my mind but the more I learned later the more it seems like it was just that. Anyway, over the next few weeks following that, I do my best to help her out of probably the worst depression I've ever seen her in. Talking to her on the phone for hours during a breakdown, that sort of thing. I try to convince her that she wasn't really happy with this guy, stop lying to yourself, you don't have to put up with this shit, he's an abusive prick...it got to the point where she would agree with me, that I was right about him, she would stop giving me the excuses about how he's going to change this time, but something would feel "off" when she agreed. Like she was saying what she should say to me, instead of what she wanted to say.

She'd always say she was "split" between me and him. I was constantly shocked by the fact he was even still an option. I fought it every chance I got to the point that it was literally physically tiring to try to keep going on about it. I was having no effect whatsoever. She still wanted this guy. She wanted to give him another chance, "he deserved it", contradicting all that she claimed to me - like she felt truly happy with me, she loved me, I was the better decision...but in the same breath, she'd say something concerning her uncertainty and how it would be hard to leave him. I got told a lot of things, but looking back at it, I never got any sort of action concerning any of it. The only time she'd actually do anything is if I mentioned talking to the guy myself, then she'd panic and make me promise not to. My gut just had very little faith in our bond surviving any sort of stress put on it.

About halfway into all of this crap, her and this guy are close friends again and she starts to sort of drift away from me. When I was actively sought out before, I'm rarely talked to. She seemed distant in the things she said, giving short autopilot responses. I'm extremely confused, obviously, and I can't really get her to say anything on the subject. She says the same reassuring things she told me before. So, understandably, I eventually break down about it and confront her. I tell her, I don't know why this is going on, but you need to pick what you're going to do. She says sorry, she "can't" pick me, she has to stay with her "rotting relationship" and she's sorry it has to turn out this way. In the end, she stills admits I'm the better choice but there's no definitive action from her to back up any of her words.

I don't understand any of it. She completely agreed with me concerning the guy. Why would she turn around and walk right back into it? Why is she so bound to that relationship? What is the truth? The best I can understand after researching abusive relationships is...nothing. I have no idea. I understand how that sort of thing works, though - it's a cycle of excuses (he's a nice guy deep down! got that bullshit line more than once), tension and fighting - but I don't understand what the fuck perpetuates this girl to behave like this. Is it really better in love to want to stick with fooling yourself about things? To keep lying to yourself? Is it wrong of me, crazy of me to try to seek out something where there's truth rather than this kind of shit? I mean...for instance, I've turned away potential relationships in the past, some with close friends, in situations where I know most people would just go along with things, but, I didn't. I would point out "You don't really love me. You're in love with the attention and affection. Think about it, can you stand me, as a person?" I've never been wrong about that sort of thing, but I wonder, is it just wrong in the first place to even stare down these sort of things? Is it wrong to be so bothered that people are so terrified of making decisions that would leave them unhappy that they'd go into such terrible relationships? Sometimes I feel like I should just give up this annoying moral and do what everybody else does.

tl;dr Should I really following those nagging feelings of doubt when it comes to love, trying to look behind the mask of things per se, or should I just be playing along and pretending everything is okay?
  • DrfatalityDrfatality Dapper Don Joined: Posts: 5,167
    [/spoiler]

As a fellow intovert,young man thats learning the game,I say keep doing ur thing.People like her find each other,and you will find someone for u.Just be urself,and keep your views and morals together.If she's not out of the relationship don't bother to deal with her,that says ALOT about her character.
  • Magnetic HailMagnetic Hail **Retired** Joined: Posts: 807 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So the opposite of an EmblemLord move is an TheWanderer move.

With similarities such as feeling themselves too much and feeling they should be awardedwhen in reality they should be tested ...

@hawk I skimmed through ur txt … u need to learn to read situations better … ur 20 and still young, I can’t spoon feed you experience, it’s something u earn with time … hopefully …
    Women can't be homeless. It's almost impossible for that to happen in Americunt.

Their hasn't been a homeless woman since the 80's except for the one chick that lived in a van with her mom and then they ended up becoming rich because she wrote about the struggle of being a woman that didn't use her pussy to get by in life. True story.
    So much wrong with this post to even address it properly...
    Fuuuuck. Saw this beautiful redhead today, and she flirted with me at the liquor store. But I didn't act on it. Was buying rum on the way to my grandmas deathbed. My mind wasnt in it.

I am severely regretting it

Wait, you were on your way to your grandma's death bed and you are worried..you know what...see previous comment (unless you hate your grandma).
    Also Thurst is right even if she's fucking other people it's not my business since she's not my gf, although lying about said fucking would be obvious grounds for kicking her to the curb.
    Knowing that, why even ask? You must want to not deal with her at all if you ask knowing she has to lie to make you happy if she is sleeping with someone else...what if she asked you ?
    You also need to see my first comment.
    This is pre-relationship ish, though, it seems like this would be the best place to post this. I have absolutely nothing against children. I absolutely love them, but every single woman that seems attracted to me has anywhere from one kid to a handful of them. I have not yet met a woman in the last year and a half who did not already have a child. I am a no drama, no games type of dude, I'm pretty much straight forward with all my problems, don't really get lost in my feelings either. The women I am meeting really are more mature than the girls my age, since they all seem to be more worried about what kind of fun they are gonna have next. The real problem that I feel like I'm running into is that alot of these chicks will try to take advantage of my good nature
    I am not sure if you have an issue with the children, the steroe type that women with children want someone to take care of them or missing the connection between women with children who are out of the party phase due to being responsble come off as more suitable over the party frat girls...

I hate TheWanderer so much. He's like one of those red and green apples, the ones with the real plastic-y texture that sucks. He's like that kinda apple with a rotten core. See cause the thing about apples is, they've got no moral fiber. Being a girl in a bag of apples is a death sentence cause apples don't give a fuck. Apples don't understand that no means no. Apples think "game" is being REALLY persistent and, quite frankly, a little creepy. Fuck apples. I know they'll get what's coming to them.

Is it weird that I'm putting off getting gas until the cute girl at the gas station is working? I'm gonna feel pretty fucking stupid when I'm stuck somewhere with no gas.
  • HotobuHotobu Simpsonized Joined: Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Wait, you were on your way to your grandma's death bed and you are worried..you know what...see previous comment (unless you hate your grandma).
    See this right here is what women will never understand about men. His state of mind with regards to his grandmother can do nothing to help her. If we lived in a universe where grieving and focused good thoughts could help her to recover then (assuming he does care for her) I'm sure he'd be thinking of her, and sending her good vibes. That, however, isn't the case. He's got a life outside of his grandma, so why shouldn't he try to hook up with someone if given the chance? Bottom line is that (typically) men can compartmentalize these things (better than women). There's nothing 'wrong' with it, and I'm pretty sure the only thing(s) that you can say that would be wrong with this would be appeals to emotion.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,621
    Happy New year, I pray to succeed in college when I reenter the latter part of this year and on the ACT when I take it some point soon. I also pray to finally meet a nice girl before this year ends, I feel like I deserve someone honest and genuine as I am that way for the most part.

consider homosexuality.
  • Combo_KnightCombo_Knight DashUppah, Muhfuqqah! Joined: Posts: 5,313
    consider homosexuality.
    Best quote of the day ant it's only 11:48 AM
    ---
    consider homosexuality.
    So I went to a gay club last night, didn't even realize where my friend took me till it was too late. Some white guy sneaks up behind me as I'm by the bar waiting for me drink and whispers in my ear, "I can take care of you baby". It went all downhill from there, yet...I was flattered.
    So I went to a gay club last night, didn't even realize where my friend took me till it was too late. Some white guy sneaks up behind me as I'm by the bar waiting for me drink and whispers in my ear, "I can take care of you baby". It went all downhill from there, yet...I was flattered.

Omg dude story like this you keep to urself. And that friend that took you you need to beat that persons ass ASAP. Be aware of your location. You should have known something was up from the jump.

So quick recap beat the girls ass that took you there and then beat the dudes ass that took you there. Either your boy was trying to come out to you or that chick that took you thinks you are gay......wait u was flattered my bad, you wanted to go there?
    Omg dude story like this you keep to urself. And that friend that took you you need to beat that persons ass ASAP. Be aware of your location. You should have known something was up from the jump.

So quick recap beat the girls ass that took you there and then beat the dudes ass that took you there. Either your boy was trying to come out to you or that chick that took you thinks you are gay......wait u was flattered my bad, you wanted to go there?

Nah, I didn't wanna go there, I didn't even drive so my fate was in his hands. I didn't even know I was at a gay club till I after I get hit on that tough. I should have known though, since it was in the city. I just find it funny, the whole experience was funny to me. You guessed right though, he was trying to find a way to come out to me, and that was it. 2012 is going strong in its first month haha.

I am not sure if you have an issue with the children, the steroe type that women with children want someone to take care of them or missing the connection between women with children who are out of the party phase due to being responsble come off as more suitable over the party frat girls...

I don't really have issue with kids, it comes with the territory, but alot of these chicks are looking for daddy daycare while they go and do the shit that got them an unwanted pregnancy in the first place or guilt trip the fuck out of me and I turn into Moneybags McGee. Im just not into the party type, because of the drama and the silliness attached. Why can't I find someone halfway decent. I fooled around with this one decent looking chick one time three years ago and I'm still having to change my numbers and shit. Rubbed a titty the bitch wanted to put a ring on my finger! FUCKING NUTS!
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,336
    So you're basically generalizing that all women are liars and never genuine people? but homosexual men are?
    lmao, I have never had an ounce of ever being attracted to the same sex.
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
    kids/women
    How old are those females?
    See this right here is what women will never understand about men. His state of mind with regards to his grandmother can do nothing to help her..
    Oh, I completely understand...I just hope he bought the rum grandma liked (look, I am just sayin..)
    I don't really have issue with kids, it comes with the territory, but alot of these chicks are looking for daddy daycare while they go and do the shit that got them an unwanted pregnancy in the first place or guilt trip the fuck out of me and I turn into Moneybags McGee. Im just not into the party type, because of the drama and the silliness attached. Why can't I find someone halfway decent. I fooled around with this one decent looking chick one time three years ago and I'm still having to change my numbers and shit. Rubbed a titty the bitch wanted to put a ring on my finger! FUCKING NUTS!
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

You are using a broad stroke my dear...how many women have you dealt with who had children? How many of them HAD THEIR OWN to begin with before you started messing around with them? How many of them made their intentions clear that they wanted something serious and you ignored them when they said it?
    You kinda have to take the good with the bad when it comes to women...yes party girls have more time to burn but they bring drama. Mothers don't have time to waste dating around so they date one person with the intent of being serious (that is if their mind is on that level).
    Some women simply are not all there, child or not. I can tell you storiesssssssssss of women I encountered because they still wanted to be with someone who I was either considering dating or friends with and the women simply went ape shit over the situation. Some women had kids, some women were "exotic" (trying very hard not to offend with that one), and some were just wired that way for no reason.
    Long story short; people are crazy.

Same can be said that all men are dogs and just want to dip their dick in any pussy or ass that throws it at them.

Let's be a bit more mature instead of playing the "every (insert sex here) sucks because (stupid reason due to bad personal experience)" card.

While there can be similarities displayed by a vast majority, we focus on an individual basis. Let's keep that in mind and be adults.

/goes back to building PC with boyfriend

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G now with ICS!
    "At the very least, Ana means that that one guy who runs Widowmaker and only Widowmaker can now play support." - d3v
    dogs and just want to dip their dick in any pussy or ass that throws it at them.
    WOOF WOOF!
    WOOF WOOF!
    At least you're honest... I think. Lol.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G now with ICS!