The Relationship/Dating Thread: We will argue over your issue like we're your parents...even yell.

Comments

• SeraphSeraph I am above you all, but there only one above me. Joined: Posts: 284
    edited August 2014
    Aye, I have this close female friend that gave me her email and her password. Why does she trust me so much with something like that? I am seriously dumbfounded by her level of trust in me.

Edit: To elaborate, she did this because she wanted me to access her email so that I can relay something from one of her emails to her via texting it to her since she didn't have access to the internet to access her email.
    Post edited by Seraph on
    "As you think, so shall you become." - Bruce Lee and The Buddha. "The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep. You become a lion. A great roar rises from your heart - the roar of freedom". "No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world" - Robin Williams.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634

...wow. Required viewing for every man :rofl:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,401
    Damn, Dj beat me to it :lol:
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    Gravity wrote: »
    Damn, Dj beat me to it :lol:

Gotta be on top of things homie, lol.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,784
    BBq just salty his friend is getting pussy and not him

As far as i go. Never have a wing man and if you strike out maybe your friend won't.

This bro code bullshit is just holding back your buddy from scoring. Fuck that.

Pussy is pussy.
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,702
    dab00g wrote: »

As far as i go. Never have a wing man and if you strike out maybe your friend won't.

Pussy is pussy.

So during christmas if I or one of your bros scooped up yah chick you'd be aight with it? I men you was busy watch mad anime so I guess you would be.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
    See dude was claiming a girl as his own without ever scoring anything

Then he got butthurt

I am not foolish enough to be with a girl who would leave me for me stupidly boring friends
  • BBQBBQ ピンクゾーン Joined: Posts: 3,671
    edited August 2014

Pussy is pussy.

Nothing was holding him back dude. I am salty, just for him to say he'd be a good wing man only to pussy out and to take what I couldn't get. Good for him if anything positive happens, but fuck him for bitching out on the opportunities in the past and from last weekend. I've had better help from guys that I've served over seas with than this slime ball that I've been friends with since the 3rd grade. If he hadn't hyped himself up, being helpful, I wouldn't care, but especially the timing on all of this, including when he brought this up while I was helping him figure out what his car problems was, it really ticked a nerve. Pussy is pussy but the principals behind some of the situations over ride that simple mentality.
    edited August 2014
    When I got back from the service, I got in touch with a lot of my old pals from highschool, but as I found out, a lot of them have changed, some for the worse and maybe is the case with this dude.
    You really put so much in pussy. A guy can be a friend. But pussy can blind you.

But seeing as you are probably thirsty as hell and he scooped a girl who denied you of course you would be insulted.

Just be happy you aren't dealing with some stank cheating hussy.

When you and your friends make the night about getting laid. Just like tv/movies somebody will fail and drag the group down.

Be you. Have fun. Don't make getting laid a goal.

For more on this and many other subjects subscribe...
    edited August 2014
    You are still missing the point and maybe you need to take your own advice. Let me spell it out; dude hypes up one thing, but completely shits on it. What ever, I'm now over it.
    Pussy overrides mostly rational people
    Do you have autism?
  • MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 2,016
    edited August 2014
    ebonymage wrote: »
    I mostly lurk GD and this isnt about romantic relationships per say, but its an issue that has caused problems in my romantic relationships in the past before.

Im finding that I cant really be open or vulnerable to people. I try my best to keep only a few close friends because I end up caring alot about the people in my life. If I ask a friend "How are you?" I mean it. I want to know if you are ok or not and want to talk to you if you arent ok. However, Im finding that I dont get that in return. I've come to terms that most people only care about themselves, even friends, but I dont begrudge them for it; its human nature after all. All I want to do is be strong for them.

But lately I've been needing someone to vent to. Just one thing after another keeps happening and I dont think bottling up my feelings is going to work for much longer. How do I take the first step? I guess Im just afraid that the usual will happen. I'll say to a friend, "Things have been sucking lately, but I'll be alright". They will reply, "Yeah me too..." then proceed to tell me all their problems. At that point it feels selfish to bring the conversation back to my own issues, you know?

Maybe the fear is that I dont have any real friends, how scary is that to admit? lol

DJ Hyper Kid is right but as well, you cant just open up with...Things have been sucking really lately....(but i dont want to expose how I'm feeling so i'll continue by saying)....But ill be alright. Tell your friends, you've had some stuff going on with you lately and need to talk about. Can we catch up by doing "X". Some of the most serious talks i've had have came from things like this where it just came out because I set up an oppertunity from people who normally would tell me to suck it up. Everybody has a bit of wisdom. Not sure how old you are but go out and grab a beer for you and your friend and let them know whats going on. If not old enough try a coffee lol. But you can't always be strong for other people because thats not the way life works, its not like TV/Movies/Anime. And you're not doing yourself or anyone else any favors when you're feeling like you are. I know all about how that stuff works, I've had some pretty bad things happen and spiraled out of control(multiple times...) so try to
    talk with people important to you to make sure it doesnt happen. It can be anyone, it doesnt need to be your friends. Parent's are great people to talk to as well usually (not sure what exactly your problems are) but they have a lot of wisdom too.
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,468
    Yo BBQ it's one girl dawg lol. If she wasn't feeling you then she wasn't. Can't be bitter about it. She could've been feeling your homeboy so she gave him the digits or it could've been for another reason. Just tell your boy not to slip up and just keep approaching when you can lol.

Its not like he was getting at your long term gf. It was a girl at an event who was open game.
    edited August 2014
    gunners wrote: »
    BBQ wrote: »

You are behaving like a wuss. He gave you first dibs, you struck out so he stepped up to the plate. I don't really understand the mindset that the wingman is supposed to do nothing and take scraps; their role is to provide the assist, not pass up on opportunities for a lost cause.

He's cockblocked my chances in the past, he's always had excuses for not helping me go up to groups of girls, and yesterday, he not only brings this up while I'm trying to help him fix his car over the phone but it sounded like he was rubbing it in my face. I'm not angry at the fact that he got this bitch and not me because it's already in the past, I'm fucking pissed because he's full of shit and brought this up while I'm trying to help him. He failed to help me, and as I'm helping him he's rubbing this shit in my face.

Post edited by BBQ on
  • SeraphSeraph I am above you all, but there only one above me. Joined: Posts: 284
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, man, don't get so hurt over just one girl. There are many others you can get with who are likely a better match for you.
    "As you think, so shall you become." - Bruce Lee and The Buddha. "The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep. You become a lion. A great roar rises from your heart - the roar of freedom". "No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world" - Robin Williams.
    BBQ don't be new unbrockable
  • ParrotProphetParrotProphet I love movies Joined: Posts: 156

Pussy is pussy.

Does that include a friend's sister or cousin? Is Bro code still bullshit as far as that?
    HDR: Fei Long, Ken / GGAC+: Sol, Johnny
    VFFS: Jacky, Sarah, Lei(for fun)
    P4A, 3rd Strike, and KOF XIII are all TBA.
    BBQ don't be new unbrockable

As long as you don't be the new Son of Them all, oh too late.

Nope i do not contend to be that twat.

But you being so butthurt over your friend scoring where you failed has made you look like a beta bitch.

I have a friend who got with my cousin. Does not bother me at all.

And really why would i care?

If my gay friend wanted to get with my gay brother and my bro welcomed it who am i to say shit?
    Wow not Son Them All though (I actually am good friends with him though). Cats gettin serious in the game, lol. @BBQ‌ I understand the whole shitty friend aspect, i just find it peculiar that the wedding incident is the one that tipped you over the edge. I mean if he is a scum as nigga then don't kick it with dude anymore. But you seemed legit pissed. So I think the situation at hand isn't what made you mad, but it's the last thing to happen so that is what you spoke on. It seems like this dudes mess ups have accumulated to the point where if this dude says anything it will set you off.

So to quote FKA Twigs (the girl in my avatar) "I wish that yo'd just let it go".

You got a point, ever since the housing bubble collapsed, dude turned out to be a prick and treating others as push overs. I try to let it slide as we knew each other since we were kids, but him saying this shit and generally being provoking, it's definitely the straw that broke the camel's back in this friendship.
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    BBQ wrote: »
    And that's the thing, we are grown ass men, and the subtle immaturity he pulls intermittently, is like it was preplanned to shit on my day. I fucking hate drama, and this dude seems to be all for it that it's sickening. He's got child support that he's in debt with, lives with his parents, and cleans shitters for a living. It makes me wonder if he uses his few friends as avenues to take out his frustrations on. It's sad that pussy was the last thing that collapsed the bridge, but dude was chipping away at it from a long time ago. I'm glad you pointed out what the fuck is happening, I could see it a mile away and seeing how you got it from just that one incident, just shows that this needs to end and have better people in my life that won't drag me down.

Lol don't discount some of the dudes on the forum (I've actually been a member since 07 but I forgot my username and password after a long hiatus). Some cats here are well versed in life and know what is really good. I mean just from what you explained about dude, it seems like he is just not ready to grow up. Friendships run their course, so its okay to move on. Frankly I'm surprised you put up with it this long.
  • ebonymageebonymage Joined: Posts: 81
    Thanks for the advice guys. I've always been this way, always feeling like I have to be the strong one since I was a kid, but I know its not humanly possible all the time. I think I'll talk to my family about this stuff Im going through right now, even though it would be nice to be able to talk to my peers about these things more easily. Its one of those things that I'll have to work on over time to break the mindset.
    edited August 2014
    The Alpha and Beta concepts is total nonsense, in my opinion. I don't believe in fixed hierarchical systems when it comes to society as whole. The Alpha and Beta concepts are just concepts that don't need to apply to you. They can if you believe in them, but why would you? Why hold yourself within a limitation?
    Post edited by Seraph on
    BullDancer wrote: »
    @BBQ‌

Just like I wouldn't do shit for a women I'm not in a relationship with, don't go out of your way for a friend that you aren't tight with. You gotta learn the power of saying no lol.

I used to be the guy that people had power over until I was even told that. When he asked you to fix his car, you should've told him 'Fuck No'. Don't act tight with habitual line steppers, put your foot down and let that motherfucker know who is in charge of his own decisions. I'm not with that alpha beta bullshit that I see thrown around in this thread but just stand up for yourself. You are being a pushover in this situation imo.

Another hit on the head of the nail. We were tight when we were kids, and I think he is using that to just hang on the last remaining threads as he keeps severing them off by disrespecting me out of nowhere time and time again. I've had to get into his battles at the bars so he wouldn't get his ass kicked, had to prevent crack heads from mugging him, and bouncers from shark attacking his dumb ass. Funny he says the same shit about this other friend and yet he is as bad if not worse. And on top of all of that, he keeps crying me a river saying how bad he has it and thinks I'm his personal shrink. I don't have time for that nonsense, and Dj Hyper Kid is right, he needs to grow the fuck up. This is kind of gay to be venting about my friend in a relationship thread, but dude has been a cock block, full of shit, and this is not the first time he has rubbed this, getting the girl that I couldn't get, in my face. Dude pulled this shit back in 08' at a boxing event which I had almost forgot about. Besides daboog ticking me off that he thinks it was all about the pussy, you guys reassured what I had always thought in the back of my mind, that this friend of mine isn't anymore and just blood sucking parasite. Thanks.