Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Relationship/Dating Thread: We will argue over your issue like we're your parents...even yell.

1491492493495497

Comments

  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,611
    edited January 26
    dab00g wrote: »
    snip

    I didn't brush anything aside, I acknowledged your point. The thing I disagreed with was you saying that EVERY instance of AF/WM was due to the AF hating herself. That's all I said on it initially before you and Fishjie decided to double down on your absolutist idiocy and racism. The other guys you mentioned made cogent and insightful posts that I learned things from, yours & fishjie's were ill thought out spergouts. I don't think anybody reasonable would dismiss the idea of internalized racism, but I don't think you can make the case that it's the impetus for every interracial relationship that involves a white person (which you tried to do.) That's just dumb. But you can't make someone date you that doesn't want to, and being butthurt about only hurts you in the end (haha see what I did there?)

    Upping your game includes a lot of stuff, including, but not limited to going to a shrink to get over your baggage. I did it and it helped, I recommend it to everyone.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    edited January 26
    I am talking primarily about racist asians and their penchant for shitting on every minority

    I am also talking about minority women who prefer white dudes strictly and only. They have personal baggage that makes their choices suspect.

    I also do push mental health therapy as i go bi-weekly to work on issues.

    You seem to be the only one thinking we are racist when we preface asian who date white with racist asian

    Seriously get your head out of your ass.

    The asians are also discussing internal racism due to colonization and how light skin and european features are valued.

    Like seriously dude, i am saying most asians and minority girls who strictly date white guys have internal self hate issues.

    Hell there have been studies. Stand down

    http://www.irows.ucr.edu/cd/courses/232/pyke/intracopp.pdf

    I am not judging you taking advantage of your white privelege. I am not judging wmaf couples because whatever. I am saying that most asian girls internally disregard anything not white because society, tv, and social engineering.

    Tv portrays asian guys as meek, timid, nerds, weirdos, who can't talk to women

    Hell even the nerd shows big bang theory and silicon valley paint their asian characters as mysognistic, losers, who can't talk to women and are more socially awkward than their white friends.

    That is why things like asian youtube have helped 20somethings accept asians as people and not stereotypes most of the time.

    I mean asians have been mistreated, lynched, and desexualized by amerixa for centuries. But you never read about how 17 asians were lynched in la for no reason. How in mining towns entire chinatowns were wiped out.

    We just persevere.

    The thing i don't think you get is what i am doing. I have not shit on you personally at all. But you think it is some simple fix to get asians out of their colonial bullshit by "upping their game"

    Again we don't care about dating asians. We just want most asian women with internalized racism to just accept it. To confront it. And to not bash us for not being white dudes. We want asians to stop trying to please white standards. Just how it is, but hey.

    Come on, i thought you were smarter than that

    Most of those "woke" minority sjw feminazis whether asian, black, or latina date white dudes.

    The white females who want social justice for all races have done more for us minorities by bringing attention to how fucked we are treated by women of the same background

    How fucked is that

    Natalie Tran is a prime example of somebody who dates white, puts only white guys in her videos and complains that asians have no representation when she is contributing to that bullshit

    But hearing her say she thinks she'll never be as pretty as a white person. How she refuses to see how much bs asian men deal with and she just wants to justify her relationship.

    As asian men we don't care who you date. We just hate how you have to shit on us to justify your relationship.

    Again there are ir relationships based out of love. @MIRACLEARROW gets it.

    But for some reason you think these issues are non-existent

    Dude we are dealing with it, but asian women like @Tyrant Sardines II said refuse to believe there are issues

    After reading further, @DoctaMario we are possibly on the same page. Just open your eyes to those minority chicks & how much they big up your whiteness low key and shit on guys with their same ethnicity.

    That indian chick i dated loved filipinos. My best filipino friend ended up marrying her. Going to that wedding was cool, did not tell wifey i boned her. Just she saw me in all my friends pictures and they showed one in high school with her in my lap. That was a weird choice.

    Why is it harder for asian guys to get laid? It is because of how mainstream we are portrayed.

    Was it hard for me to get laid or have girlfriends? No, it was easy for me. Being in socal where there are tons of asians and interracial is normal both ways. I did fine, but i ran into those girls who made me ashamed to be asian. Who shit on me being born the way i am. That shit sticks with you no matter how much you get laid.

    Those are the hurtful comments. And the puzzling one

    "Eww you're asian no way, asian guys are gross"-racist asian girl

    I can change being fat. I can wear contacts. I can't change my ethnicity.

    My white uncle went through the same thing in hawaii. Weird how that works.
    Post edited by dab00g on
  • hanzohattori1hanzohattori1 Dust to Dust, Amen Joined: Posts: 959
  • Tyrant Sardines IITyrant Sardines II Tell me a story Joined: Posts: 2,713
    OTT Movie
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Tenacious Disgaea
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,611
    edited January 29
    I think a lot of women crave a man who is going to give them structure and lead them. I think it's almost a genetic thing just like looking at tits and ass is for straight men, and when they try to buck that and deny their biology, it causes cognitive dissonance. So that woman is onto something. A woman will only act as crazy and stupid as the man shes with will allow her to and she'll either shape up, or be shown the door and for some women, that can be a wake-up call. Slinging good dick is a way to keep them in line but it's also an insurance policy. ;)
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,765
    So I just found out I may have a son from a one night stand I had with an ex's friend a couple years ago. How long does it usually take for an official DNA test to finish? The sooner I get this done the better.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 30
    So I just found out I may have a son from a one night stand I had with an ex's friend a couple years ago. How long does it usually take for an official DNA test to finish? The sooner I get this done the better.

    Labcorp generally takes 3-5 days after receiving samples.

    PSN: DangerousJSRK

    "There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    I been through that, but dude claimed it was his. She she married him anyways.

    But you just wonder. I dodged a giant bullet
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    fishjie wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    fishjie wrote: »
    , i don't really care about the nazi whores who only date white guys.

    It's not the WHAT I care about, its the WHY. Stats only say Asians chicks like dating white guys, but they don't say WHY they like dating them, which is the Crux of this whole discussion. Motovations are important. I'm not saying you're 100% wrong that it's internalized self hatred to blame, i never said that, but I don't think that's across the board what it is, whereas you want to paint everyone with a broad brush and be a racist against people you think are "stealing" women you feel entitled to date.

    Answer me these questions:

    If a black guy prefers to date white women, is he also guilty of internalized racism?

    If a a white guy prefers black women, is he a victim of his own white guilt?

    You obviously DO care if you typed up several paragraphs of vitriol. I'm not triggered, I'm just asking questions that you're not answering because the I'd imagine the answers interfere with the narrative you and @dab00g have for why a group of women aren't interested in you just because they share a genetic background with you and you feel like they should be.

    tenor.gif

    Elliot+rodgers+interior+monologue+this+is+probably+what+he+thought_e7fd77_5189089.png

    I don't dig on Asian broads, the ones I run into are too neurotic and I don't have time for that. Had all the other races tho.

    And I'm black.
























    Between the knees and the waist. :coffee:

    so you got nothing to say, people have already proven you wrong with their own anecdotes plus statistics and all you can do is post dumbass pictures. since you still dodge the question about race i'm gonna assume you're an oblivious white guy. all lives matter amirite?
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,611
    edited January 30
    fishjie wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    fishjie wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    fishjie wrote: »
    , i don't really care about the nazi whores who only date white guys.

    It's not the WHAT I care about, its the WHY. Stats only say Asians chicks like dating white guys, but they don't say WHY they like dating them, which is the Crux of this whole discussion. Motovations are important. I'm not saying you're 100% wrong that it's internalized self hatred to blame, i never said that, but I don't think that's across the board what it is, whereas you want to paint everyone with a broad brush and be a racist against people you think are "stealing" women you feel entitled to date.

    Answer me these questions:

    If a black guy prefers to date white women, is he also guilty of internalized racism?

    If a a white guy prefers black women, is he a victim of his own white guilt?

    You obviously DO care if you typed up several paragraphs of vitriol. I'm not triggered, I'm just asking questions that you're not answering because the I'd imagine the answers interfere with the narrative you and @dab00g have for why a group of women aren't interested in you just because they share a genetic background with you and you feel like they should be.

    tenor.gif

    Elliot+rodgers+interior+monologue+this+is+probably+what+he+thought_e7fd77_5189089.png

    I don't dig on Asian broads, the ones I run into are too neurotic and I don't have time for that. Had all the other races tho.

    And I'm black.
























    Between the knees and the waist. :coffee:

    so you got nothing to say, people have already proven you wrong with their own anecdotes plus statistics and all you can do is post dumbass pictures. since you still dodge the question about race i'm gonna assume you're an oblivious white guy. all lives matter amirite?

    I feel like I answered your question with my joke, but do whatcha like i guess. Not like you answered my questions anyway. No one proved me wrong, you yourself were just responding to points I never made because you're basically an Asian version of Pedoviejo with better spelling.
    That moment when you friendzone yourself because you have feeliengs for your best friend who is married. then she decides to take you out of the friendzone by telling you her feelings for you. Since there isn't anything I can do about it, I'll just continue to focus on getting money.

    What was the purpose of her divulging those feelings to you at all? Unless she's planning on divorcing her husband that isn't helpful to either of you.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 30
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    What was the purpose of her divulging those feelings to you at all? Unless she's planning on divorcing her husband that isn't helpful to either of you.

    seriously? she's a girl. she wants to make sure he stays firmly in orbit around her and implying she has feelings keeps him around while she's still safely taken.
    it's helpful to her ego. i doubt she cares much how helpful it is to him.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    oh hey weeks what's good? we gonna party in missouri as soon as i figure out my vacation. i'm not as charismatic as you tho, you rugged white man no homo. your son will be fine, i'm gonna count him as an azn dude, can you make sure he bangs plenty of white chicks and other colors of the rainbow? to rep the azns you know? kthxbai!

    i think women have it easier. you're right, for men we can be physically ugly or short, but still make up for it by working on ourselves. jay z landed beyonce, and its not cause he's a looker. but on the flip side, as wise man tupac once said: "lil kim don't fuck around with real Gs quick to snatch your ugly ass off the streets", dissing both biggie and lil kim at the same time. lil kim is no keri hilson, but she still got hers. and even a fat, ugly, short, dumb chick will not end up lonely, just due to the nature of biology. even though gender roles have eroded these past few decades, biology still trumps all.the male gender has to prove their worth in the cold uncaring world, and the female is still attracted to the protector and provider, and gets to choose. good looking chicks get more choices, but even the ugly ones can still find someone. i hear all this talk about male privilege and it makes me roll my eyes. an attractive female > an attractive male. an attractive female can get a legion of dudes bending over backwards for her. now yeah a good looking dude has more advantages than an ugly chick, but after that all bets are off.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 30
    i guess it just depends on what you mean by easier
    i would never, ever, ever want to be a girl. it may be easier for pretty girls, and maybe in the short term, but that shit is fleeting.
    no 40 year old woman is hot. plenty of 40 year old men are absolute killers.

    you can have him for sure, he's got strong asian features and he considers himself asian. i think he's sharp looking as fuck and with my careful tutelage i have no doubt he will absolutely slay. ps: i remember you being hella charismatic at evo, you basically brought all the GD dudes together and were the first one to come and make friends with me.
    you tall asshole.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,611
    Weeks wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    What was the purpose of her divulging those feelings to you at all? Unless she's planning on divorcing her husband that isn't helpful to either of you.

    seriously? she's a girl. she wants to make sure he stays firmly in orbit around her and implying she has feelings keeps him around while she's still safely taken.
    it's helpful to her ego. i doubt she cares much how helpful it is to him.

    Fair enough but if they were friends already then keeping him "in her orbit" shouldnt require spilling feelings that aren't going to be able to be acted on. If anything, it would make me pause if a chick did something like because who's to say you two don't end up dating and she ends up doing the same thing with someone else?
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 30
    DoctaMario wrote: »

    Fair enough but if they were friends already then keeping him "in her orbit" shouldnt require spilling feelings that aren't going to be able to be acted on. If anything, it would make me pause if a chick did something like because who's to say you two don't end up dating and she ends up doing the same thing with someone else?

    it 'shouldn't' by male logic, but trust me that's how girls operate. if for whatever random reason she suddenly has the fear that he might be slipping away from her control/friendzone she will throw out little hints of potential to keep him thinking of her.

    it absolutely should make you pause, if you're wise in the ways of war, for the very reason you stated.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,127
    Weeks wrote: »
    i guess it just depends on what you mean by easier
    i would never, ever, ever want to be a girl. it may be easier for pretty girls, and maybe in the short term, but that shit is fleeting.
    no 40 year old woman is hot. plenty of 40 year old men are absolute killers.

    you can have him for sure, he's got strong asian features and he considers himself asian. i think he's sharp looking as fuck and with my careful tutelage i have no doubt he will absolutely slay. ps: i remember you being hella charismatic at evo, you basically brought all the GD dudes together and were the first one to come and make friends with me.
    you tall asshole.
    Nina Hartley says other wiae
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    edited January 31
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    fishjie wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    fishjie wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    fishjie wrote: »
    , i don't really care about the nazi whores who only date white guys.

    It's not the WHAT I care about, its the WHY. Stats only say Asians chicks like dating white guys, but they don't say WHY they like dating them, which is the Crux of this whole discussion. Motovations are important. I'm not saying you're 100% wrong that it's internalized self hatred to blame, i never said that, but I don't think that's across the board what it is, whereas you want to paint everyone with a broad brush and be a racist against people you think are "stealing" women you feel entitled to date.

    Answer me these questions:

    If a black guy prefers to date white women, is he also guilty of internalized racism?

    If a a white guy prefers black women, is he a victim of his own white guilt?

    You obviously DO care if you typed up several paragraphs of vitriol. I'm not triggered, I'm just asking questions that you're not answering because the I'd imagine the answers interfere with the narrative you and @dab00g have for why a group of women aren't interested in you just because they share a genetic background with you and you feel like they should be.

    tenor.gif

    Elliot+rodgers+interior+monologue+this+is+probably+what+he+thought_e7fd77_5189089.png

    I don't dig on Asian broads, the ones I run into are too neurotic and I don't have time for that. Had all the other races tho.

    And I'm black.
























    Between the knees and the waist. :coffee:

    so you got nothing to say, people have already proven you wrong with their own anecdotes plus statistics and all you can do is post dumbass pictures. since you still dodge the question about race i'm gonna assume you're an oblivious white guy. all lives matter amirite?

    I feel like I answered your question with my joke, but do whatcha like i guess. Not like you answered my questions anyway. No one proved me wrong, you yourself were just responding to points I never made because you're basically an Asian version of Pedoviejo with better spelling.
    That moment when you friendzone yourself because you have feeliengs for your best friend who is married. then she decides to take you out of the friendzone by telling you her feelings for you. Since there isn't anything I can do about it, I'll just continue to focus on getting money.

    What was the purpose of her divulging those feelings to you at all? Unless she's planning on divorcing her husband that isn't helpful to either of you.

    I thought we did answer your question of if there are black guys who shit on black women and only date white as being racist. Yes they are. Tommy sotomayor is a racist shit head.

    I mean preferences are preferences. But if you shit on your own race and put another race on a pedastal that is a humongous problem

    @Weeks you being a ginger makes you appealing to chinese because they value pale skin above everything. Your son is lucky he has asian youtubers and hapa youtubers. Because he watches stuff where people are like him. Cultivating love for both halfs is hard. If he identifies more with asian well sometimes it happens. But the hard part for mixed race kids is fitting in. So many of them force whiteness to fit an ideal until people (racist) let them know they aren't white enough.

    Asian kids have it better now. They do, because there are more of us to look up to. As a filipino kid i only had dante basco. When i embraced my chinese side things opened up.

    The whole pan asian american identity actually helps, but we lose a sense of individuality when grouped together

    White guys will never get or understand the frustration asian guys have with how we are perceived

    But hey whatever. I think the next generation will even things out.

    But white people always win. If you are a pretty white girl the world is yours. If you are a powerful white man you run the world.

    Also paula patton is 42 and she is hot. Torrie wilson is hotter now than when she was in wwe.

    If your son is going to rep asians, please make sure he keeps it suave and stylish

    So white male british and chinese female writers of chinese burn are shitting on asian males. Both for being unfashionable nerds with crappy haircuts.

    And now since asian guys have been rising up. They call well groomed attractive asian men desperate asian guys. Because looking good and being suave is a try hard move and asian guys are just undesirable desperate losers
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

    Anyways, currently going on in my life...
    That moment when you friendzone yourself because you have feeliengs for your best friend who is married. then she decides to take you out of the friendzone by telling you her feelings for you. Since there isn't anything I can do about it, I'll just continue to focus on getting money.
    In general IMO this is just hoe game, she wants to put feelers out there mostly just to fuck with your head. After I got married I got a ton of private messages from hoes telling me about how sad they were I got married. These were girls who completely blew me off in the past but all of a sudden I became a hot commodity because I was someone's husband. Women get a sense of power from taking another woman's man, even if they only get him a short time. I'm 36 and I've seen plenty of men wreck their entire lives over a THOT only to have her skip town when shit finally hits the fan and his money dries up.

    The other reason they do this is because this allows them to get some ideas into your head about her and maybe you try to move in on her. This way she can tell herself things "just happened" and she gets to absolve herself of responsibility. She is just a delicate reed blowing in the wind! GTFO. This is a prime example of why men and women can never truly be friends.

    P.S.

    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

    Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 31
    dab00g wrote: »

    @Weeks you being a ginger makes you appealing to chinese because they value pale skin above everything.
    yeah no doubt except (spoiler alert) being a white guy i didn't grow up in fuckin china. what are the odds, a white kid like me growing up where there's a lot of white people?? i grew up in the 80s when minorities were even rarer.

    so china might as well have been on the moon for all the good that did me. during the all-important formative years of puberty, i had to deal with white chicks and white chicks ONLY. i didnt know a single asian person my age until high school and there were like, 2.
    Your son is lucky he has asian youtubers and hapa youtubers. Because he watches stuff where people are like him. Cultivating love for both halfs is hard. If he identifies more with asian well sometimes it happens. But the hard part for mixed race kids is fitting in. So many of them force whiteness to fit an ideal until people (racist) let them know they aren't white enough.
    it doesn't bother me because i think it's his decision and i can't relate. so i imagine asian kids probably DO have it better now. frankly, he felt way more out of place when we lived in china for a couple of years. there, he was the one different kid among many chinese and you better believe they reminded him he wasn't really asian enough. it's the primary reason i decided we should move back.

    here, he blends a lot easier, but now of course he feels more asian. it is what it is.

    real talk, i think yall are letting negative experiences exaggerate the amount of 'contempt' white dudes have for asian guys. understand, this 'nerdy' unfuckable asian dude stereotype is a recent thing, with the advent of computers and programming and yes, changing demographics.
    when i was growing up, do you have any clue what all of us white kids thought of asian guys? the asian males i knew were fucking warriors. they were goku and gohan and vegeta. we worshiped bruce lee and got into literal fights with people who said he wasn't the greatest warrior that ever walked the earth. they were shaolin monks, they were samurai, they were a wise sensei, an inscrutable sage, a master tactician. we bought throwing stars because we wanted to be ninja. we got nunchuks and enrolled in a stupid mcdojo and watched anime. even the worst image was of insanely brave kamikaze pilots. those of us who liked planes and ww2 mythologized the Zero. we thought of japanese soldiers who would always fight to the death and were brutal to their enemies. movies and media of the day all reinforced this image.

    i'm not making this up; this is how probably 90% of white dudes in my generation viewed asian guys. entirely stereotypical, absolutely. 'problematic' in today's society, no doubt. but it was the furthest thing from contempt you could imagine.

    the negative stereotypes, in my life experience, came about later, and they never really stuck with my generation frankly. we thought asia was a magic land. offensive or not, it's the truth.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ps: stop this nonsense about hot 40 year old women. just stop.
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,507
    We were friends first. Never talked about relationship goals or anything. She was like one of the guys. We talked and agreed to continue living our lives and if the opportunity arises then we can reconnect in the future. Otherwise we both are focusing on what we need to do for ourselves.

    I don't think it was game or anything. This was something we've felt for each other for a long time. She is an amazing friend and truly is my best friend and has been there for me when I was pretty low just being a good friend.

    With that being said, no way am I doing anything other than doing me. Focusing on my future and my daughter. I appreciate her not trying to pressure me, she was an adult about everything and understands that I'm not waiting for anyone (she didn't ask me to). But she knows how to find me if the time ever comes.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    edited February 1
    Weeks wrote: »
    ps: stop this nonsense about hot 40 year old women. just stop.

    You just keep doing your jerry lawler thing nobody judging

    Also no, that nerdy unfuckable asian thing is centuries long. Asians have always been depicted in western media as either sleazy perverted rapist, know nothing nerds, and asexual warriors

    It wasn't until harold and kumar where we got shown as regular people. Eddie huang helped.

    I am talking asian american males repping asian american males

    I mean in the 2000's it was just john cho. Before him it was martial arts movies. And the ones dubbed weren't the ones where jackie chan got laid. Seriously jackie always gets laid in his 80's movies. His western movies desexualized him.

    When you think asian you think nerd, fob, martial arts.

    Not varied. In wwe there is parts of the fanbase that think hideo, nakamura, & tozawa can't be on the same show.

    But there can be multiple white people.

    It's weird.

    But it's better this decade where we have risen up due to youtube and mainstream american/canadian tv having asian male leads who aren't just one note jokes.

    Fresh off The Boat has done so much for the community. I mean it is not as woke as blackish, but establishing that an asian family can have a dad who kisses his wife. How the two older sons have little trouble getting girls. How even though we are asian we aren't just one way.

    I used to like the characters in silicone valley, but i think mike judge wants you to hate them.

    I do like this last season where the asian cast members actually get to not just be ridiculed

    Anyways

    Team lawrence, insecure is a good show

    If my lady cheated then we broke up i'd be up in so many guts within the next hour.

    I like the indian chick on that show, even if she looks like aj
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    warriors are asexual, are you kidding me
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    edited February 1
    Nah, did jet li get pussy in any of his american movies?

    Did sammo hung get toppy from shorties in martial law? Nope

    Did Jackie Chan fuck anybody? The closest he got was in shanghai noon and his native american wife swooned over owen wilson.

    Western vs Eastern depictions. This is why i loved my video store i got to rent jackie chan movies that were hk exclusives.

    I am a kung fu nerd, and donnie yen gets much pussy in his movies.

    It's changing thanks to whitey bowing down to chinese money.

    I mean jet li should have fucked mira sorvino.

    The best depiction of an asian ass kicker in western media is glen from walking dead. He killed and he fucked.

    It's visceral

    We need more of that. We need more asian guys as love interest and sex symbols.

    The Rock has done more for pacific islanders and it trickles to us filipinos. But really just think. The Rock is the representation of manly & sexy.

    If asians had a guy like the rock, we'd be made.

    But your perception of media i guess.

    John woo with chow yun fat is a romance movie. Chow yun fat is a leading man. Chow yun fat in an american movie is an asexual monk with magic powers slumming with stifler

  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    At least Han got some WW punani...

    02d2b614475c8f761d4e614dcf94f935--fandoms-goals.jpg


    sulu got his latina...

    harold-kumar-christmas-007.jpg

    PSN: DangerousJSRK

    "There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    edited February 1
    I mean tokyo drift still had that white savior trope, which is fucking shit. The drift king is some dopey redneck? Wtf

    And a latina being the most prized woman among koreans in japan.

    I mean i guess indie movies are where asians get to fall in love with asians.

    Look i know the big sick and master of none are semiautobiographical. But it is about two indian guys not wanting to be indian. Not wanting to date indian. In the end getting a treasured white girl.

    I mean why can't asians date asians on tv. Why do all the interracial relationships have to be white guy going for ethnicity. IT's because the narratives are white perspectives. We need more ethnic shows on tv.

    I just think it's already a handicap in dating being asian. The perception of us being shy nerds with small dicks and sexually inadequate, is untrue. The girls who date us are actually attracted to us.

    The only advantage of being brown is being a diversity hire. Despite my department being 85% asian. We are pretty much the minority workforce

    What i think non-asians think is that we are butt hurt, but don't put thought that we have to overcome our perception.

    That's why an asian guy who gets laid, tends to dress well, have a good job, is educated, is talkative, is relatively in shape, and just likes what they like

    Along with overcoming shyness, we have to smell better, look better, dress better, and have a better personality on top. We have to work twice as much than a top earning white guy to make 3000$ less.

    It is this struggle as to why a lot of us come off as "cocky, chip on shoulder" assholes. But it also gives us perspective.

  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »
    Nah, did jet li get pussy in any of his american movies?

    Did sammo hung get toppy from shorties in martial law?
    Did Jackie Chan fuck anybody?

    okay i get your point, but how much pussy you think those guys got IRL? an assload or a fuckton?
    maybe i'm biased coz i grew up watching movies like hard boiled, a better tomorrow, etc. chow yun fat was that dude
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,428
    Christie Brinkley still slammin, you crazy.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah I grew up watching HK action movies where Asians were regularly slaying it to the rhythm.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    edited February 2
    Hk movies way better than hollywood would try to replicate.

    I liked things like meals on wheels, police story, anyone the movies with jackie and sammo. Mostly because it was comedy and the stunts. And jackie got bitches. Sammo playing a greedy cunt was good always.

    I mean rush hour was better, but jackie in rush hour 2 didn't get to kiss that fbi agent

    The most romance jackie got in rush hour was being digitally penetrated in rush hour 3

    I honestly think 80 days around the world was his best work in western movies

    I never check my e-mail, but i got some weird love letter confessional from a girl i smashed 5 times and broke it off with her when wifey and i got back together like 4 years ago

    I think i fucked her into an existential state

    "Thank you for showing me what pain is, but also what it is to want somebody"

    Apparently she saw me and wifey with nephews and neice at disneyland thinking i have a family. It was fucking sad.

    It was some shit about how her boyfriend doesn't seem serious and she wished we could have been more than casual.

    So like a man. I didn't respond. Because you don't go back. Unless it is worth it.

    Wifey and i had breaks because of her moving.

    She dated guys, i boned girls. I am sure she had her fun.

    But in the end i only wanted her because even though we were "done"

    We talked every day. Every time she came home we went out.
    The day she said she's back for good is when we just got back together.

    I am never letting this woman go.

    She made me better. Even if chinese girls aren't my type usually.
  • MIRACLEARROWMIRACLEARROW Kendoka Joined: Posts: 2,086
    thurst wrote: »
    Yeah I grew up watching HK action movies where Asians were regularly slaying it to the rhythm.

    Don't forget though, the original... Bruce Lee was always slamming both personally and in the movies. He always got the girl and there was usually a damsel in distress. Also the old Donnie Yen movies he also got the girl. Some of the western Jackie Chan movies he got the girl as well. But it was more implied and def no sex scenes.
    Check Out my Evil Ryu Combo/Mixup Video!!
    2012 Main: Evil Ryu and Ryu
    Retired: Guile - *Shades*, Makoto
    PSN - TojiSake
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    I mean i remember dante basco guess starring on hanging with mr cooper

    And his brother on city guys.

  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,611
    dab00g wrote: »
    I mean tokyo drift still had that white savior trope, which is fucking shit. The drift king is some dopey redneck? Wtf

    And a latina being the most prized woman among koreans in japan.

    I mean i guess indie movies are where asians get to fall in love with asians.



    This is Hollywood you're talking about tho. The only color they truly care about is green and they don't care who they have to humiliate to keep that green coming in. As long as no one makes a thing about it, it'll continue. And white people being the biggest & generally target demographic means that stuff is going to be catered towards them because it's a more sure thing that there'll be a return on investment than niche stuff catered to other races.

    What did you think of the depiction of the Kwons (Daniel-Dae Kim & Yunjin Kim) on that show Lost? I guess like some other folks in here, a lot of the movies I grew up watching were things like Bruce Lee or Van Damme, etc where the Asians in them were badasses and since I don't really watch a lot of sitcoms or comedy movies (which actually I have a big problem with how men are portrayed in shows like Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens, the dumb bumbling husband shit, but that's a whole other thread) I wasn't as aware of the desexualized Asian male trope. Still I can see how that trope works against you.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,694
    If you are single be happy

    If you are not the dad, go celebrate by raw dogging randoms for the next 2 weeks

    I kind of miss having a bachelor pad. But i can't go back to not being with wifey.

    Going to the courthouse was best decision. Families want to do a wedding reception. Going to be fucking lit. Going to get fat
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,611
    Nearly five months since this bitch did me dirty and I'm still mad.

    Cuz you still care about her. And that's ok, it'll take awhile. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file