The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,301
    Gigs and Daylyt killled it.

Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man President T is growing on me.

He definitely has the most unique flow in the game right now

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Y'all got to show love to the R&B thread we got.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,388
    "I know skengman so far up north, don't be surprised if you see 'em wearing a kilt!" ~Pres T, "Dem Dere Roads"

Dude's flow is so nutty, but I fux wit him lol. Him, P Money, Ghetts, Stormzy, Jendor, JME, Desperado, and Youngs Teflon are the grime artists I actually fuck with.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
    bmckay wrote: »
    "I know skengman so far up north, don't be surprised if you see 'em wearing a kilt!" ~Pres T, "Dem Dere Roads"

Dude's flow is so nutty, but I fux wit him lol. Him, P Money, Ghetts, Stormzy, Jendor, JME, Desperado, and Youngs Teflon are the grime artists I actually fuck with.

Stormzy is beyond overrated lol. And ever since he recycled a freeestyle against Kevin Hart, who actually was spitting on top of the head, I lost respect lol
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,050
    Gimpy wrote: »

I used to be all up in there, but nobody was checking for it. Ill go back if somebody starts it off.
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,757
    I don't listen to much r&b, just some crossover stuff, Frank Ocean, Gambino
    R&B/Soul is the life force of black music. Without it, there would be no hip-hop. I love both equally but I did start listening to R&B/Soul first. Didn't listen to hip-hop until 1984 when we got cable and I saw BET. And besides, you can't fuck broads to Future. LOL!!!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,595
    We can't make the next one of these (or this itself) a Hip-Hop/R & B thread? I forgot there even was an R & B thread.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    There is a lot of crossover
  • VhoziteVhozite Fabulous Slasher Villian Joined: Posts: 2,505
    Nah keep the threads separate. They may have similar culture and in some cases artists, but they are very different.

Nothing bugs me more than prople talking about artists like Frank Ocean and The Weeknd in a hip hop discussion.
    Especially since Frank Ocean and The Weeknd arent R&B.

FDream wrote: »
    R&B/Soul is the life force of black music. Without it, there would be no hip-hop. I love both equally but I did start listening to R&B/Soul first. Didn't listen to hip-hop until 1984 when we got cable and I saw BET. And besides, you can't fuck broads to Future. LOL!!!!!

Don't tell me what to do breh.

Fucked a girl to Where ya at.
    Fucked another one to codeine crazy.
    Ate some ass to stick talk.

Let me know when you do one to Deathgrips
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,139
    FDream wrote: »

Don't tell me what to do breh.

Fucked a girl to Where ya at.
    Fucked another one to codeine crazy.
    Ate some ass to stick talk.

That's cause you out here fuckin trap queens, bruh.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    "I just fucked yo bitch, in some Gucci flip flops"

That is all
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,388
    edited March 4
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    Stormzy is beyond overrated lol. And ever since he recycled a freeestyle against Kevin Hart, who actually was spitting on top of the head, I lost respect lol

I look at grime differently, to be honest. I don't even bat an eye when I hear them repeat some lines from somewhere. So far, I've seen a number of times in which P Money, Pres T, Big H, Little Dee, Stormzy, and maybe one or two others blatantly recycle some shit. P is the worst I've seen of it, though.

Said he was badman, said he was a G
    Said he was a badman, said he was a G
    Said he knew Blacks and he said he knew P
    But I didn't know him, and neither did he
    Going round telling man he's an OG
    Didn't know Jendor, didn't know Dee
    Didn't Stormer, didn't know Desper
    Didn't know Ruger or N.E

P Money has said this set of bars during the Lord of the Mics set against Big H, he said it on the Originators EP, and he said it in a song with the a shitton of grime artists lol.
    Post edited by bmckay on
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
    bmckay wrote: »

I look at grime differently, to be honest. I don't even bat an eye when I hear them repeat some lines from somewhere. So far, I've seen a number of times in which P Money, Pres T, Big H, Little Dee, Stormzy, and maybe one or two others blatantly recycle some shit. P is the worst I've seen of it, though.

Said he was badman, said he was a G
    Said he was a badman, said he was a G
    Said he knew Blacks and he said he knew P
    But I didn't know him, and neither did he
    Going round telling man he's an OG
    Didn't know Jendor, didn't know Dee
    Didn't Stormer, didn't know Desper
    Didn't know Ruger or N.E

P Money has said this set of bars during the Lord of the Mics set against Big H, he said it on the Originators EP, and he said it in a song with the a shitton of grime artists lol.

Oh I hear you but getting out barred by a comedian is lawls
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Grime is a different beast. Grime is more of a feeling than anything, grime needs to feel dirty, gritty, it's all about the style. The worldplay isn't always the best but it tends to be pretty real, full of slang. Ever since the early days repetition has been a big part of the style,

That's a freestyle I like that's real typical of grime.

Also,

The first guy is pretty obscure but the second video is one of the grime godfathers.

You heard D Double E's lastest joint??????

Yea.....

Anyways Wiley - The Godfather is fire! Keeps it pure grime!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

How I Like It or Grim Reaper? Grim Reaper is pretty typical Newham fare but I'm pretty sure Footsie was involved with it
    How I like it.....

speaking of gay stuff:

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Yeah I dunno man, I don't know what was up with that shit. Maybe he wanted to make a video that turned into a meme? Go viral? I dunno man, maybe he did, kind of got known with Street Fighter Riddim.

Grime's still alive tho...

• archetypearchetype Cofey was here Joined: Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man I haven't been in here in years.....

Anyways...I been on some EPMD shit lately.
    THE FIRM will fuck all you bitch ass marks, punk ass busters, and fake ass tricks up. WE DON'T FUCKING PLAY FOR FUN, WE PLAY FOR BLOOD.

I am THE FIRM aka MONGO SLADE aka arch aka Jake Rockwell
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,582

link me
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 6
    Speaking of Grime! I've got to say that the new Stormzy album is probably the best Grime album I have heard out of this new so called "grime renaissance" with the most potential for crossover since Dizzee (doesnt hurt he sounds a lot like Dizzee). When I checked out the Skepta album I was honestly underwhelmed but this new Stormzy lives up to the hype and might be the real boundary breaker for grime. The production is a happy medium of whats best about grime and whats best about current US hip hop and Stormzy is like a 2017 Dizzee Rascal with the flow. The hooks are pretty strong too which is why I could see it getting some steam in North America.

Id have to say that when youre listening to grime you have to drop your standards for what youd expect for lyrics like when youre listening to dancehall or most southern rap. Grime is more about the frenetic rhythms and unique UK slang and attitude and being hard and weird while still being dancefloor material.

Speaking of Grime! I've got to say that the new Stormzy album is probably the best Grime album I have heard out of this new so called "grime renaissance" with the most potential for crossover since Dizzee (doesnt hurt he sounds a lot like Dizzee). When I checked out the Skepta album I was honestly underwhelmed but this new Stormzy lives up to the hype and might be the real boundary breaker for grime. The production is a happy medium of whats best about grime and whats best about current US hip hop and Stormzy is like a 2017 Dizzee Rascal with the flow. The hooks are pretty strong too which is why I could see it getting some steam in North America.

Id have to say that when youre listening to grime you have to drop your standards for what youd expect for lyrics like when youre listening to dancehall or most southern rap. Grime is more about the frenetic rhythms and unique UK slang and attitude and being hard and weird while still being dancefloor material.

Did you listen to Wiley - The Godfather Album

Dude kept it PURE Grime.

Anyways this right here is my joint:

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Double post:

Ghetts is the best! Simply out bars niggas in the Grime Scene:

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

edited March 6
    The Wiley album was pretty good tru.

Flowdan album also had some good tracks

a15kko wrote: »

link me

I just seen this post as of 8:50 am EST. But I see you found your way over to the thread. lol!!!
    C.O.P.A

Stormzy is basically Dizzee 2. I personally think he's overrated but he's easy to listen to which is probably a lot where his popularity comes from.

For me the best U.K album in a long time has been Mic Righteous - Dreamland. That album is crazy and I'll keep saying it until everyone listens to it.

It's not exactly grime but it has grime moments. The album as a whole is amazing for a debut though.
    edited March 6
    Double post:

Seriously man,

Can't even be put in the same conversation as guys like Stormzy. His lyricism is on Em level. He's like a young Em. Problem with being not Black or white is he flies under the radar way too much, not enough care for Arab rappers, especially not ones that just rap about everyday subjects and not international politics like Lowkey does.
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Double post:

Seriously man,

Can't even be put in the same conversation as guys like Stormzy. His lyricism is on Em level. He's like a young Em. Problem with being not Black or white is he flies under the radar way too much, not enough care for Arab rappers, especially not ones that just rap about everyday subjects and not international politics like Lowkey does.

Ghetts, Akala, Novelist and Righteous are prolly the top MC's as far as bars go
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

edited March 6
    "Your hand ting ain't handy
    You remind me of Andy
    Why would he hit the bullseye?
    He don't know what these toys can do"

Fam how they come up with this shit!

Edit -

LMAO

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Akala is on the PhD shit. He's probably the smartest rapper getting around now. Every time he spits he gives you a lecture but the way he does it you want to learn.

To me Akala, Lowkey, Mic are the best current U.K rappers. I have plenty of love for Dizzee but he has been making anthems too long, Boy In Da Corner was something completely different to Dizzee now. Mike Skinner got me seriously interested in rap as well. Like I grew up with Em, Dre, NWA, Wu Tang and all that, I was at school in the 90s... Mike though man, opened my mind to what rap could be. Not saying he's the G.O.A.T but he's my personal favourite rapper, I wish he'd come out and do another record.
    Mike's lyricism is something else entirely...

Like he's had songs analysed at Oxford during poetry lectures. His tone/flow is a bit unique for some but you can't ever doubt the man's ability to write bars.
    You remind me of Andy

Edit -

LMAO

"His lil' weewee get on hard,he have a heart attack." LMAO!!!!! As a big guy I don't have that problem. =)
    C.O.P.A

IF he ever gets out somehow I'm copping his mixtape lol

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Yeah Novelist is dope too shout out to Novelist.

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You remind me of Andy

Edit -

LMAO

is it ramadan?! lmfao
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    This beat is ridic!

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,338
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The only UK rappers I can fuck with are Slick Rick and the dudes from S.A.S.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    I screamed and clicked this shit so fast
    I was talking to someone earlier and we both agreed that Stupid Hoe is one of the worst songs ever recorded. Like that shit is Rebecca Black level.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The albums I've recently listened to:

Oh No & Tri-State doing work

Lupe's "Jump" feat Gizzle would make the craziest music video if they follow the lyrics

And regarding the former drug dealing female rapper Gizzle, Murals has an interesting lyric:

I like cartoons, southern cities with large moons
    Faith healers, ex-female drug dealers and art booms

I wonder if this was foreshadowing or a coincidence lol.

And last but not least, I'm so disappointed I never heard of this ridiculously talented dude before- Hex One

His bars are to good to be this unheard.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,392 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 10
    Oh snap Gangsta Gibbs is back!

48.2082 N 16.373
    Vienna, Austria
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!