The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    RIP Chinx (coke boys)
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,691
    Niggas was postin diss records last week and no mention of one of the best?

“I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,569
    Charlie's loses to the obvious people better then him
    He lost to illmaculate a far better writer then him and hollow beats him a Better performer
    Don't really see him excelling to beat people
    Unlike other who able to go above and beyond to upset people or it least make it debatable
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,493
    Wtf happened to chinx?
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    I'll have to make sure and check out this new Snoop Dogg as soon as I listen to Doggystyle.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Wtf happened to chinx?

Hes dead. Got his porsche shot up 16 times in jamaica queens. Like 50 said in 2005, Fuck the hood.
    its weird...ive visited Jamaica queens alot and it never seemed like that kinda place but its clear it is.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »
    Wtf happened to chinx?

Hes dead. Got his porsche shot up 16 times in jamaica queens. Like 50 said in 2005, Fuck the hood.
    its weird...ive visited south Jamaica queens alot and it never seemed like that kinda place but its clear it is.

Fixed
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Wtf happened to chinx?

No car is worth my life f the noise
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• HesAlwaysNearUsHesAlwaysNearUs Joined: Posts: 32

Like early 90's...
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,036
    edited May 2015
    He was killed in briarwood, not Jamaica.
    Whoever killed him knew exactly what they were doing. You can tell by where he was shot and the bullet grouping.

Parts of Jamaica besides south side are rough. I call it working class but anybody from another state might be like what if they walked around certain parts. I'm from around parsons blvd where you catch the f train fwiw. I brought a friend out there who was from another state and she was scared as hell for whatever reason. I mean ok niggas started acting crazy at McDonald's but it wasn't that serious.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    Anyone see that jayz tidal freestyle on wshh? Couple nice little jabs in there at the industry, the hypocritical people out there shitting on tidal, and police abuse.

I still dont have an opinion on the service yet as a whole. I havent looked into it in great detail.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    KIller mike on bill maher 9:30 he gets into it.

I like the breakdown of the violent culture. Like ya, okay hip hop creates violence is what they say, well lets start with religion first buddy, and then work our way down, because you will find hip hop to be at the very bottom of that long list of what helps invoke violence in human beings. Religion, poverty, lack of education, greed, etc..

LEMME GET DAT!
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    Been a while since I shared some music, so I'll do a review.

ChocQuibTown-el-mismo-flowactivo-400x400.jpg
    Colombian hip-hop group ChocQuibTown dropped their latest album today titled El Mismo (The Same in English) and I have to say that it's superb. El Mismo is the group's fourth non-remix album and it brings the flavor and energy that the group is recognized for. The titled track is set to an upbeat instrumental and the trio does a decent job when it comes to flows and energy. It's serviceable and gives you an understanding of their style, but the proceeding tracks after the original version of "Cuando Te Veo" are the exceptional pieces of this project. The album has a varied range in terms of tone and sound. You have tracks like "El Mismo" and "Una Raza Llamada Sabor" that are the more upbeat salsa type songs while you also have the serene tracks like "Cuando Te Veo" and "Nuqui". "Salsa & Choque ft. Ñejo" is my personal favorite of the dance tracks.

I have to also give recognition to the production on Mismo. Slow Miguel did a superb job on producing this. The guitars and xylophones present within are among my favorite instruments. The saxaphone on "Nuqui" in particular is a nice touch to add to the placid feeling the song evokes.

On the level of rapping, I feel that it is done rather well. Carlos is the flow master of the group, Gloria's rhymes are a nice compliment to her vocals, and Miguel's energy cannot be beat. My commentary on the lyrics is strictly limited as the crew microphone commands in Spanish. I think I know a considerable bit of Spanish, but am not versed enough to keep up with it in something as fast as rap. If I could find the lyrics online, I'd analyze them then. From the titles of the songs I can get a feel of what the song is probably about.

This album also features four renditions of their leading single "Cuando Te Veo". All of them are pretty good and apply a different genre to each version. A couple of the mixes actually sound better than the original. The Salsa rendition is the best of the bunch. To sum up this album it is a fantastic entry to the group's discography and probably their best to date. This album is recommended highly

8.5/10

Recommended Tracks

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

• a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,710
    Anyone see that jayz tidal freestyle on wshh? Couple nice little jabs in there at the industry, the hypocritical people out there shitting on tidal, and police abuse.

I still dont have an opinion on the service yet as a whole. I havent looked into it in great detail.

He brought out state property

Oh damn, dem flashbacks of getting john blazed and riding to the twilight zone in baltimore bumping this shit. Man, i remember when fridays use to be epic in life when you were younger. I dont have a cane yet, so i could bring it back, but man, when you 19 fresh with the whip, getting off work at 330 from a good paying job. Start dialing up you homies and ladies to see whats good, and get your big homey to cop you some booze. Even the whacker years in hindsight were still fairly fun, and the post whack years were just out of control. Lemme stop telling my life stories. lol

LEMME GET DAT!
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,637 mod
    I was surprised Beans performed at all. You know... Missing a lung and what not.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,215
    edited May 2015

NOME5 battles are on YouTube:

K Shine vs Aye Verb

Tsu Surf vs Tay Rock

DNA vs Serius Jones

Charlie Clips vs Hollow Da Don

Official vs Jaz The Rapper
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    NuNu is like the Sherryjenix of URL according to JJDD?
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

He could've just been talking shit lol.

This just dropped:

DNA & K Shine vs John John Da Don & Syah Boy

• Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,496
    Been bumpin a ton of Wu Tang lately. I always seem to go back to stuff I am used to.

Anyways this bangs.

Are there any rap battles where they actually rap over a beat or is it just the spoken word battles? I've been looking up rap battles, but all I find is this spoken word stuff.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,604 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good look on posting those battles, PA. I'm glad niggas don't have to wait 2 months for Smack to release the footage.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    lmfaoooo

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Song of the Day

• KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,340
    edited May 2015
    B)
    My chick moved to baton rouge about a month ago, took a day trip up here from lake city
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
    ...... wayward son

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    r.i.p kzoh

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Eh, ive listened to ghost all my life, and he is one of my favorite rappers, and after listening to action bronson for a couple years now, i can spot an action record from a ghost record no problem. Listening to ghost's new album, which is FLAAAAAAAAMES, i never once felt like i was listening to action bronson, and getting confused.

Sometimes with the og rap niggas, i be like, why you still rapping. Let the youngins be free to express themselves without having an og artist compare them to whoever. Its free money, but you too old to be worried about what someone half your age is doing and sound like. Not that ghost aint say he was cool, its just like, stop.

Its like, my nigga, stop. There are probably 20,000 niggas in new york who sound like ghost right now in general, and if they tried to spit, would sound like him.

Regardless of the amateur ears that have people saying he sound like ghost, those two dont even spit similar bars or content really.

Ghostface Killah: I've Confused Action Bronson's Voice w/ My Own
    LEMME GET DAT!
    I want a poster of his new album cover. That shit is so sick
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST There is no rivalry. =( Joined: Posts: 1,770
    Deymn this video is hot fiyah yo.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,315
    my GOD nigga that shit is awful. I know they playin but damn them hoes are busted as fuck.
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • starkilledstarkilled Black and white (I'm really black) Joined: Posts: 1,702
    That was Hep C for the eyes.
    pulling up in a Acura behind target lol...
    fuck a relationship. god told that stupid bitch eve not to eat the fuckin mango or whatever, the bitch did, and fucked everyone. fuck women! shout out to snakes! -jimmy1200
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    Rone interviews Lux lol. Rone still the GOAT comedic and charismatic battle rapper also think Lux accidentally mentioned Daylyt when answering who's a threat lol. Daylyt vs Lux been brewing for a while, and could happen at URL this year and will probably be one of the best battles ever.

P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    i dunno i always loved soul khans comedic style.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    i need that shirt doe hahaha.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog: