The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

1451452454456457590

Comments

  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,518


    this shit is so fucking fire. Long Live A$AP.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    IMO he beat Pat Stay 2-1, round 1 he lost clearly, round 3 he won clearly, round 2 debatable, so I could easily see why anyone would give that one to Pat. The KOTD chain gimmick was funny and clever as shit to me, it's his way of saying even if he took Pat 100% serious and won the chain, he would be shackled with the responsibility and expectation to keep performing 100% serious and not do antics again, that and he thinks the KOTD white crowd doesn't want a street nigga at the top anyways because they don't support that life style outside of battle rap. Athough he respects "non street" battle rappers if he was ever in a team battle he would only agree to be paired with the battle rappers who don't talk shit about the street life like Dumbfounded for example he says this in a lot of his battles and interviews. Not trying to change your mind, but just explain the reason.

    And no not a hater at all, just looking at it from a scientific point of view, saying SMACK crowds are tough is a huge oversimplifcation of what I said, a social scientist observing the crowd during any given battle would tell you it's a textbook case of group dynamics, the perception of how you think you're supposed to react is powerful, so many niggas at battles react to shit whether they get the bar or not because they don't want to appear dumb or just want to support their boy.

    To say that not controlling the crowd/getting booed is 100% your fault is just plain ignorance. To be clear crowd control is most definitely a skill not one that I personally view as important as others, but it's still 1 of the many skills I take into account when judging a battle you either have it or you don't. But like the other stuff I mentioned it isn't that simple because like I said crowds can be and often are super biased and stupid as fuck in NY, I've noticed KOTD Canada crowds have been equally whack since 2013 or so because for some unknown reason they hardly ever react to anything, almost everything goes over their heads, and when they do react it's to the most basic shit, Don't Flop crowds are better than both since they let less stuff go over their heads when it does it;s usually a slang barrier, but their problem is they think everything is crazy and give too much reaction. KOTD Cali crowds are by far the best, most of the time the complex bars don't go over heads, the get hype when they should, and even when someone fucks up or comes with whack bars they just stay quiet and don't boo much as that speaks volumes more than booing and it's a much better way to handle a bad performance as it lets the battle rapper get back into his shit fast and is more plesant to watch on youtube, also they arely gas anyone too much they're as impartial as a battle rap crowd as I've seen.KOTD Cali crowds are the GOAT and dozens of battles especially over the past year prove as much.

    On a personal level I don't like URL crowds because usually they value performance over bars 100% of the time, how you say something is more important than what you actually say at a NOME or Summer Madness, and I don't have a problem with those crowds who have that preference, I'm just the opposite I value bars over performance. It's not all negativeity though, I get hype along with the crowd, for all their faults you can tell URL crowds are filled with real fans with love for the shit the battlers do.

    Soul Khan was judging some KOTD Canada battle years ago when he was still battling and when explaining his reasoning, he said he filters out the crowd reaction when judging because sometimes they can gas basic stuff and not give any reaction to the crazy bars, a few months ago he was debating the issue of crowd control with Queenzflip, Queenzflip thinks that the winner of any battle is determined b ywho the crowd likes more that what matters the most is how the crowd reacts.....and Soul Khan basically well okay what if everyone thought Calicoe BODIED Lux that means he would have won right?


    this is the problem with most battle type formats rooted in hip hop...bboying...poppin....choreo....battle rap. If a crowd can influence your decision...you are fucking shit. like niggas bring whole squads in like its the club days....so they did the dopest. you just got played. the idea someone would ever allow the crowd to influence their decision should be grounds to never have them judge again.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,606
    The best example of a crowd playing into a decision is mook/dotmob/rest of Harlem vs serious jones
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's not that I like the same things the Cali crowds do, I'm just unbiased and fair like they are. Being live and getting hype is great, I'm a big fan of Jay blac's reaction face videos, but getting hype and being a fan of someone isn't an excuse to go into a battle with the winner already decided in your mind no matter what, all my complaints about URL crowds are the same complaints just about every well known battle rapper has complained about as well, but they don't blame the fans they understand that ignorance and bias are part of what you have to accept being in the lime light. Me though as a fan can call out the dumbass biased fans all day, some of them especially DNA and Charlie Clips have even lost their cool on stage and blamed their performance on the fans fucking them up lol, even Hollow said it against Clips, the URL crowd just wants to hear simple gun bars delivered with lots of energy, anything else won't fly unless you're Lux lol and most URL battle rappers have a problem with being forced in that box especially when they see fans complain that everyone in URL sounds the same lol. Like I said before many people have one way of thinking when they're alone in their room, and a very different set of opinions when they're in the building and see everyone around them going wild, it's textbook sociology at work.

    I totally understand you're not a fan of the word play or schemes or more intricate bars like I am and as for explaining your bars...everyone on URL does it constantly Conceited invented it with his slow it down lol. For me it depends on the specific bar, some work with explanation, some don't it's weird like that.

    Daylyt went HAM on Madchild, Verb, and Serius all 3 rounds he was just perfect in every category he checked every box, if he rapped like that every battle he would be even more loved than Lux is. Madchild, Verb, and Serius all did okay, but it was clear they were just outclassed by far.

    Even though Madchild lost 3-0 his "you bring 40 watts burning when it's daylyt, that's just a waste of energy" bar was insane, and he had some shit round 2.

    Also why the fuck is SMACK grooming Surf to be the new Mook/Lux?

    Fam, you're mad biased. The fact that you're always claiming that you aren't and trying to point it out in others is kind of hilarious.

    As for explaining your bars, I'm not a fan of it, but Conceited doesn't really do that. That "slow it down" shit is different since he's clearly saying different words, I mean more like how Tsu Surf does it, he'll spit a scheme and knowing that live, niggas might have missed it, he'll quickly say the words in the scheme. Clips probably does it the best because he usually spits a bar that brings them together, either way if you're spitting some obscure scheme then you NEED to do that because spitting bars that only niggas are gonna feel on cam is just as bad (and actually worse, IMO) as dropping simple bars to impress the crowd.

    Keep it all the way 100 (and I just thought of it while typing this), the main reason why I fuck with Smack more than other spots is because the fans act like rap fans and not battle rap nerds. If somebody says some hot shit, niggas cheer and want them to bring it back, and when it's wack they boo. Never seen someone legit cooking and get booed. You keep mentioning that DNA/Roc battle, realistically the crowd was against DNA, but if he came out cooking he'd have been fine, but he didn't so that's on him. That goes x50 for Verb against K-Shine, he came out trying to be cool and shit like he deserved some sort of reverence and niggas were yawning by the end of that first round..K-Shine came out cooking from the jump and niggas were loving it. I don't know if you used to watch the Apollo, but you could almost always tell when someone was gonna get booed within the first 10 seconds, crowd control is showing the crowd that you're not wack, if you can't do that then that's on you.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    edited May 2015
    @maxx the likability factor is always there, same reason why people often lie on anonymous surveys....people want to be liked and sometimes it's to the point that they go with with what they think other people want rather than their own opinions.

    @thurst You can keep saying I'm biased, cool, but doesn't make it true, I just explain myself and the situation rather than over simplifying it like you did that's all nothing more nothing less. Conceited's slow it down is explaining the double entendre he says the same words multiple times, but just with different emphasis and in lots of battles he literally just repeats the words like Surf does if he feels the audience didn't react, he be feeling himself too much really living up to his name lol. I agree Clips does it in the smoothest way, but even him sometimes he gets frustrated and just repeats words in a scheme and makes a "sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" noise to signify the bars went over everyone's head and he's upset about it trying to play it off because he expected a reaction. What makes Clips have the biggest army of dick riders even more so than Lux most likely is that he found the sweet spot between spitting bars that are complex enough to be appreciated and make you think for a second, but not too in depth that you have to rewind and listen to it multiple times before you get it, he really perfected that shit found the goldie locks bar zone lol.

    DNA, Jaz, Cortez, and some other NY battlers have said in interviews they don't like the Summer Madness crowd specifically because 90% of them aren't from NY and are casual battle rap fans who just pay to see what the hype is all about. You can check out their interviews for yourself, most URL battlers feel the same way I do about the crowds booing or gassing too much. I agree that the whole pausing for praise is kind of lame, Chilla is the GOAT IMO, but he's guilty of it too not a good look, that's one reason why Hollow is respected so much he just goes straight to the bars whether he gets reaction or not he keeps it moving, vs Clips he said something that got a little booed and then he said something like "I know what yall wanna hear" and went straight into his shit. B-Magic just goes through his bars whetehr they get reaction or not he has literally never repeated himself in any battle AFAIK even when crowds ask him to he just goes on lol.

    I grew up watching Apollo and amateur night lol been a long ass time though, one of them was for kids who never got booed and the other was for the adults and if you weren't getting the crowd on your side that clown clowned your ass off stage lol, it's like I said yes crowd control is a skill some are clearly better at it then others, Aye Verb when he does SHOWTIME! gets the whole room silent hanging on every word waiting for him to ride up lol, it's just not a skill I think is that important to me. Oh and I've seen people "legit cook" and get booed or little praise, but then again what you might think is hot I might not and the opposite so it's subjective.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    man when it comes to battles, no one could control the crowd like Tech 9 did.....Jesus, Miles had NO CHANCE LOL.

    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2015
    Also did anyone hear ASAP Rocky - Better Things?


    BRUUUUUH!!!! INSTANT TOP 3 right now LOLOLOL @ 2:06

    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    The best example of a crowd playing into a decision is almost everyone vs serious jones

    Fixed

    Bout to dl the ASAP. Trying to hear that production through some good cans.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wtf happened to the saurus....good lord white people dont age well
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    wtf happened to the saurus....good lord white people dont age well

    That nigga had acne problems since day 0
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »
    wtf happened to the saurus....good lord white people dont age well

    That nigga had acne problems since day 0

    nah i knew that but homie got fattt and is aging badly.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Waiting for impressions on that new asap......................Ill reserve judgement
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

    2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I cut that Rone/The Saurus video after like 30 seconds lol.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think theres some fire on the new rocky but it might be a bit over long. Once you figure his flow out you realize its the same every track but the production is really good.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm listening to it right now and I'm def fucking with this. Not surprised since I liked all the singles so far.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've always new Rita Ora is a Thot.

    Ty based ASAP
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Shit this is album is kinda long lol
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nappy Roots: The 40 Akerz Project is excellent. I love their production.



    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

    " Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    I come back to this post every now and then. Whiteboy speaking so much facts.
    how did yall forget about graffiti? we were born out of eachother. two elements that are so deeply intertwined historically that the detatchment these days seems to be proof of a general lapse of memory. and the detatchment has nothing to do with whether or not people or even you are still gettin up. they are. you are maybe.

    the detatchment has to do with the fact that people have considered me or other rappers like me to be "mysterious" or "weird" because of the fact that we dont have press shots, videos, indepth personal biographies, national tours, desire to be personally famous, managers, promoters, teams, ect.

    you forgot about the concept of taking a name, throwing it on a wall and walking away and letting that piece speak entirely for itself. this tigerbeat "blah blah is my favorite color and my favorite dinner to eat on a date is blah blah" out in broad daylight, snitch tabloid, sunshining tropical island of culture that we've degraded into is the evidence of it.

    its so farfetched, so insane these days that a rapper wouldnt want to completely step out centerstage under bright sweaty lights and beg for the full credit of a creation with a government name scrawled on a dotted line, while at the same time ironically meanmug posing for a paid photographer in front of a brick wall covered with the faded aliases of anonymous individuals that still actually represent what this is actually all about.

    make your money. do what you do. dont be confused when other rappers are just satisfied getting their name up tho.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=623271417717642&id=185965628114892

    As a graf kid this kinda resonates. @debs
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    maxx wrote: »
    IMO he beat Pat Stay 2-1, round 1 he lost clearly, round 3 he won clearly, round 2 debatable, so I could easily see why anyone would give that one to Pat. The KOTD chain gimmick was funny and clever as shit to me, it's his way of saying even if he took Pat 100% serious and won the chain, he would be shackled with the responsibility and expectation to keep performing 100% serious and not do antics again, that and he thinks the KOTD white crowd doesn't want a street nigga at the top anyways because they don't support that life style outside of battle rap. Athough he respects "non street" battle rappers if he was ever in a team battle he would only agree to be paired with the battle rappers who don't talk shit about the street life like Dumbfounded for example he says this in a lot of his battles and interviews. Not trying to change your mind, but just explain the reason.

    And no not a hater at all, just looking at it from a scientific point of view, saying SMACK crowds are tough is a huge oversimplifcation of what I said, a social scientist observing the crowd during any given battle would tell you it's a textbook case of group dynamics, the perception of how you think you're supposed to react is powerful, so many niggas at battles react to shit whether they get the bar or not because they don't want to appear dumb or just want to support their boy.

    To say that not controlling the crowd/getting booed is 100% your fault is just plain ignorance. To be clear crowd control is most definitely a skill not one that I personally view as important as others, but it's still 1 of the many skills I take into account when judging a battle you either have it or you don't. But like the other stuff I mentioned it isn't that simple because like I said crowds can be and often are super biased and stupid as fuck in NY, I've noticed KOTD Canada crowds have been equally whack since 2013 or so because for some unknown reason they hardly ever react to anything, almost everything goes over their heads, and when they do react it's to the most basic shit, Don't Flop crowds are better than both since they let less stuff go over their heads when it does it;s usually a slang barrier, but their problem is they think everything is crazy and give too much reaction. KOTD Cali crowds are by far the best, most of the time the complex bars don't go over heads, the get hype when they should, and even when someone fucks up or comes with whack bars they just stay quiet and don't boo much as that speaks volumes more than booing and it's a much better way to handle a bad performance as it lets the battle rapper get back into his shit fast and is more plesant to watch on youtube, also they arely gas anyone too much they're as impartial as a battle rap crowd as I've seen.KOTD Cali crowds are the GOAT and dozens of battles especially over the past year prove as much.

    On a personal level I don't like URL crowds because usually they value performance over bars 100% of the time, how you say something is more important than what you actually say at a NOME or Summer Madness, and I don't have a problem with those crowds who have that preference, I'm just the opposite I value bars over performance. It's not all negativeity though, I get hype along with the crowd, for all their faults you can tell URL crowds are filled with real fans with love for the shit the battlers do.

    Soul Khan was judging some KOTD Canada battle years ago when he was still battling and when explaining his reasoning, he said he filters out the crowd reaction when judging because sometimes they can gas basic stuff and not give any reaction to the crazy bars, a few months ago he was debating the issue of crowd control with Queenzflip, Queenzflip thinks that the winner of any battle is determined b ywho the crowd likes more that what matters the most is how the crowd reacts.....and Soul Khan basically well okay what if everyone thought Calicoe BODIED Lux that means he would have won right?


    this is the problem with most battle type formats rooted in hip hop...bboying...poppin....choreo....battle rap. If a crowd can influence your decision...you are fucking shit. like niggas bring whole squads in like its the club days....so they did the dopest. you just got played. the idea someone would ever allow the crowd to influence their decision should be grounds to never have them judge again.

    Watch Arsonal vs Mr. Fab....yes Mr. Fab literally like 90% of the audience was packed with Fab's friends and family who all boo'ed Arsonal every single line when he talked shit about his dead parents....then again this was in HIS city so Arsonal should have expected it, this type of stuff happens allllll the time in battle rap, just super obvious in this particular battle.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    edited May 2015
    Yall niggas is smokin. That Asap is sea coral my nigga. Aside from the Bones appearence (Canal St is actually an old Bones song Rocky just put his verses over), Wavybone, Max B, Pretty Flacko 2, Wayne's verse on M $, Mos Def's verse and the fact that he is Mos Def again, I dont see any reason to keep this in rotation.

    Coming from they guy who went bananas when he droped DEEP PURPLE. I believe I even posted him in the thread back 4 years ago. But this is ass. L$D sucks imo.
    Post edited by Syke1 on
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 2015
    That battle was like down the block from FAB's house, though. And as bias as that crowd was, Ars still got his bars off whereas a nigga like Verb would've broken down in tears talking about "We can't have this Organik!"

    Does anybody have a working link for the Clips/Hollow battle?
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 986
    Chance The Rapper & some other guy I've never heard of released their album at like 2am this morning on iTunes for free.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

    2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well the plot thickens!

    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 841
    thurst wrote: »
    I cut that Rone/The Saurus video after like 30 seconds lol.

    You should have kept on watching shit was classic. Rone's 3rd was nuts.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,831
    GAIZ this is really a song

  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Head ICE vs Serius Jones was better than I was expecting, both had 3 decent rounds, and Serius was seriously slept on a lot of his bars going over heads I can already see Thurst giving it to ICE but I give it to Serius 3-0 or 2-1 second round is debatable.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,429
    Since when do Serius bars go over people's heads? Lol
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Confession: Even though I am grew up in the Bronx/Mt. Vernon and Pete Rock is my 3rd favorite producer of all time, I never heard INI. But I am bumping Center of Attention right now. Sounds clean, as expected.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    edited May 2015
    Since when do Serius bars go over people's heads? Lol

    Clearly you didn't watch the battle, and when the Cassidy battle dropped you admitted you don't catch all the bars in battles and judge them based in how you "feel" they performed so your opinion is irrelevant until you actually watch it. His word play is sometimes very simple, but in his recent battles he's switched it up and had more than a few slept on bars from the crowds like that one.

    Which reminds me all 3 rounds he had for MATH were fire, the craziest shit he ever spit I understand why he decked him because he would have gotten bodied hard in the building and especially on cam had the battle gone down well that and MATH has always been garbage lyrically. I'm a big fan of Serius Jones not only because I grew up watching him on fight klub, but he adapted to the modern era of battle rap almost as well as Lux and Mook, he doesn't have the reputation or following as those two nor is he from NY so a lot of battle rap fans let that cloud their judgement of him, but in actual battles he's an inconsistent monster. I wouldn't put him in my top 10 greatest, but maybe a top 20, definitely top 30.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,831
    Syke1 wrote: »
    Confession: Even though I am grew up in the Bronx/Mt. Vernon and Pete Rock is my 3rd favorite producer of all time, I never heard INI. But I am bumping Center of Attention right now. Sounds clean, as expected.

    I fucking love Pete. Listen to his tracks with Deda as well

    Pete released a track off of Petestrumentals 2


  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    2-1 Clips (R1 and R3). The JJDD shit was funny, but his round was mad short. I want Hollow to get back on his old shit.
    Head ICE vs Serius Jones was better than I was expecting, both had 3 decent rounds, and Serius was seriously slept on a lot of his bars going over heads I can already see Thurst giving it to ICE but I give it to Serius 3-0 or 2-1 second round is debatable.

    Lol. I saw that when it dropped, my only real memory is that Serius was getting at him for being old as hell.


    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,429
    Since when do Serius bars go over people's heads? Lol

    Clearly you didn't watch the battle, and when the Cassidy battle dropped you admitted you don't catch all the bars in battles and judge them based in how you "feel" they performed so your opinion is irrelevant until you actually watch it. His word play is sometimes very simple, but in his recent battles he's switched it up and had more than a few slept on bars from the crowds like that one.

    Find the post where I said this and quote it, please.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Since when do Serius bars go over people's heads? Lol

    orochi thinks anything that you don't think is hot fire that he does went over your head...but he's not biased or anything lol.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    Could someone explain to me how these battles work? I mean are they freestyling or reciting a verse they have prepared for the battle? I am just wondering. Also are there other battles like with beats or is this pretty much the norm?
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,429
    edited May 2015
    Could someone explain to me how these battles work? I mean are they freestyling or reciting a verse they have prepared for the battle? I am just wondering. Also are there other battles like with beats or is this pretty much the norm?

    90% of the time, battlers know who their opponent is months ahead of time and write their verses accordingly. Number and length of rounds varies depending on contracts and what was agreed upon, but it's usually 3R, 3-5min each. They don't do battles with beats. One guy tried during one of his rounds and got booed lol.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Battles with beats havent happened since like 2004. Same goes for freestyling. That is the age of Juice (who beat Eminem at Scribble Jam in 97) and Supernat.

    If you need a beat it kinda detracts if the other person is a capella. Example: Cassidy vs Freeway. I think this was the death of beats being used in battles.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

    I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever