The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

1451452454456457588

Comments

  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,340
    y'all can clown me that's cool, after all the fuckery I went through with that other hoe ....I'm actually in a real relationship, we met in person through a mutual friend. No bullshit . I met her mother and other various members of her family yesterday. They accepted and welcomed me with open arms. Its nice to be in something real
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kzoh wrote: »
    y'all can clown me that's cool, after all the fuckery I went through with that other hoe ....I'm actually in a real relationship, we met in person through a mutual friend. No bullshit . I met her mother and other various members of her family yesterday. They accepted and welcomed me with open arms. Its nice to be in something real

    i trust nothing you say til 4 months from now. we arent clowning you....you literally dont like to listen to shit we say when you post relationship stuff. so we dont get why post it...its like you want all this attention or sumtin. we try to give you real world advice but more often then not..you ignore it.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    edited May 2015
    maxx wrote: »
    i dunno i always loved soul khans comedic style.

    I meant outside of actual battles like in interviews Rone is the GOAT, but I'm a big fan of both, they're better than 90% of other battle rappers, especially Soul Khan since he was Charlie Clips before Charlie Clips.


    Speaking of Daylyt and Rone, the main event of DF USA Day's best antic yet and some of Rone's hardest bars:

    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    did daylyt even try....damn.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,398
    Dude had so many bars for this battle hahaha. Like... was that his total for three rounds or was he planning like they were going the whole 12?
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bmckay wrote: »
    Dude had so many bars for this battle hahaha. Like... was that his total for three rounds or was he planning like they were going the whole 12?

    ive never seen 1 round battle....did daylyt rage quit?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,345


    Bruh. WTF. Why this slap so hard?

    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,345
    edited May 2015
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,398
    maxx wrote: »
    bmckay wrote: »
    Dude had so many bars for this battle hahaha. Like... was that his total for three rounds or was he planning like they were going the whole 12?

    ive never seen 1 round battle....did daylyt rage quit?

    He didn't RAGEquit, but he definitely had no intent on finishing the fight.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bmckay wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »
    bmckay wrote: »
    Dude had so many bars for this battle hahaha. Like... was that his total for three rounds or was he planning like they were going the whole 12?

    ive never seen 1 round battle....did daylyt rage quit?

    He didn't RAGEquit, but he definitely had no intent on finishing the fight.

    HE did it on purpose to fuck over Eurgh....Daylyt said he would Battle Rone on another Occasion
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BTW I initially wanted to post this:



    Chris Brown in a Lose/Lose now!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST There is no rivalry. =( Joined: Posts: 1,770
    Typical god diggin bitch. Women are lazy. =/
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I will say that it's annoying how much Verb cries about crowds.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,210
    thurst wrote: »
    I will say that it's annoying how much Verb cries about crowds.

    Verb is garbage anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,412
    Big Krit's Return of 4Eva is one of the best albums of this decade. Too bad I'm not feeling any of his other music. Who just drops one amazing album and bounces out of the industry? It's just 29 songs of straight heat.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,567
    What a confusing thread
    Daylyt is worse then verb what does that make him

    And verb can't suck
    That New York crowd is lol though

    Booing him cause he takes a second to get to the heavy bars

    Not some 2bar punchline wordplay bullshit like every other person on the scene

    It's funny they booed him then when he got his bars out they were impressed


    The crowd is full of fickle fuckboys that just wanna hassle
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,210
    edited May 2015
    Daylyt is 100000000x better than Verb. Verb is straight doo doo. I don't know how he got to where he is, to be honest... Then again, people like Big T and Shotgun Suge are getting paid, sooooo.

    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    how are niggas still battle rappin that i remember from when i was 19/20? niggas need to quit...end yo life. jeezus.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What a confusing thread
    Daylyt is worse then verb what does that make him

    And verb can't suck
    That New York crowd is lol though

    Booing him cause he takes a second to get to the heavy bars

    Not some 2bar punchline wordplay bullshit like every other person on the scene

    It's funny they booed him then when he got his bars out they were impressed


    The crowd is full of fickle fuckboys that just wanna hassle

    Nigga he's been battling in NYC for years and he's still bitching about the same shit. Verb has gotten wacker and wacker as the years have gone off, hence why he gets booed now. "You can't let 'em do me like this Smack!"
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Big T's last battle against Rone was fire. Suge has always been wack, but at Rookies vs. Vets he kinda brought some heat...at least for his first 2 rounds.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,567
    thurst wrote: »
    What a confusing thread
    Daylyt is worse then verb what does that make him

    And verb can't suck
    That New York crowd is lol though

    Booing him cause he takes a second to get to the heavy bars

    Not some 2bar punchline wordplay bullshit like every other person on the scene

    It's funny they booed him then when he got his bars out they were impressed


    The crowd is full of fickle fuckboys that just wanna hassle

    Nigga he's been battling in NYC for years and he's still bitching about the same shit. Verb has gotten wacker and wacker as the years have gone off, hence why he gets booed now. "You can't let 'em do me like this Smack!"

    Yeah but his battles against hit man
    Hollow
    Miles
    And others are better then anything daylyt has done

    That crowd overall has a shorter attention span then a goldfish

    2bar setup with some forced wordplay that has no correlation to the metaphor they write to repeatedly talk about having guns and drugs

    It's niggas like them that allow people like Charlie and DNa to be considered good lmfao
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,210
    thurst wrote: »
    What a confusing thread
    Daylyt is worse then verb what does that make him

    And verb can't suck
    That New York crowd is lol though

    Booing him cause he takes a second to get to the heavy bars

    Not some 2bar punchline wordplay bullshit like every other person on the scene

    It's funny they booed him then when he got his bars out they were impressed


    The crowd is full of fickle fuckboys that just wanna hassle

    Nigga he's been battling in NYC for years and he's still bitching about the same shit. Verb has gotten wacker and wacker as the years have gone off, hence why he gets booed now. "You can't let 'em do me like this Smack!"

    Yeah but his battles against hit man
    Hollow
    Miles
    And others are better then anything daylyt has done

    That crowd overall has a shorter attention span then a goldfish

    2bar setup with some forced wordplay that has no correlation to the metaphor they write to repeatedly talk about having guns and drugs

    It's niggas like them that allow people like Charlie and DNa to be considered good lmfao

    lol. lol @ this whole post.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,567
    Like that dumbass "oh I'll do a scheme about a house appliance and relate it to shooting

    " when I grip the can Ill hold you up
    I won't have to faucet but one turn will make you sink"

    Niggas hear that bullshit and think "dog you gotta really think about it it goes over heads"
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    edited May 2015
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    bmckay wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »
    bmckay wrote: »
    Dude had so many bars for this battle hahaha. Like... was that his total for three rounds or was he planning like they were going the whole 12?

    ive never seen 1 round battle....did daylyt rage quit?

    He didn't RAGEquit, but he definitely had no intent on finishing the fight.

    HE did it on purpose to fuck over Eurgh....Daylyt said he would Battle Rone on another Occasion

    Daylyt vs Rone would have been fire, both have toptier pen game and unique styles which are what I value the most in battle rap, hope to see that one day.

    thurst wrote: »
    I will say that it's annoying how much Verb cries about crowds.

    This is a good starting point for me to rant about the social politics of battle rap. Just about every battle rapper who ever performed in NY has said SMACK crowds are not afraid to boo any material that isn't fire and they stand all day with no food or water so if you're not spitting "the shit they want to hear" fast and get right to it you'll get booed, and that goes quadruple for anyone not from NY. That's the politically correct way of saying NY URL crowds are by far the dumbest and most biased not that you need anyone to tell you if you've ever watched a URL battle which I know you do you know as well as I do that the entire crowd already picked a unanimous winner long before the battle starts. Conceited is the only person who had talked honestly about this issue on camera in his untold truth with Chris Unbiased he said the fucked up thing about the big stages on URL is that you often have battlers spit some mediocre shit, but then a small crowd of people in the back will go crazy for it and the rest of the crowd doesn't want to feel left out or appear as if they didn't understand the bar so the ygo along with it and within seconds you have an entire room erupting for some seriously average ass shit. It is a proven fact that the mind works differently when you're by yourself as opposed to when you're in a big group, their exists a group consciousness, certain unspoken, but understood "rules" emerge when people form a group that don't exist when you're by yourself or with a group of people you know very well who you can just be yourself around and URL crowds are a perfect example of this in motion. I'm not saying it's impossible to win over a crowd in NY Dizaster did it vs T Rex and Serius did it twice vs Clips and DNA Mickey Facts even talked about Serius having that rare ability, but that's it's very hard to do so it almost never happens, URL crowds are like a magnet most of the time once someone has any kind of momentum from the crowd that's it they're winning the battle in the building so to speak. There is no back and fourth crowd pulling once a crowd is rocking with one guy, thats it they're committing to making him seem like the winner no matter how trash his bars and performance may be. Look at the Tay Roc vs DNA battle, regardless of who you thought won, it's obvious as day that the crowd was sick of DNA and even if he spit the greatest shit of his life he would still get booed because they wanted Ray Roc to "win" that day probably due to DNA oversaturating himself and how SMACK has been pushing Roc no pun intended.

    So Verb has a right to cry, he does get hated on needlessly, even while he was getting body bagged by Clips the crowd instantly booed him because he wasn't Clips not because his material being trash. Verb knows this and he still consistently comes out to NY to perform for a crowd who he knows will never side with him since he is not from NY he deserves some respect for that because we all know most URL battle rappers would not come to battle Verb in St. Louis like Arsonal did because they know the hometown advantage would make it look like a clear body.

    That being said yeah Verb crys TOO much lol, I mean if you don't want to deal with it then don't keep taking checks from Beasley lol.

    thurst wrote: »
    I will say that it's annoying how much Verb cries about crowds.

    Verb is mostly garbage or just okay since 2013

    Fix'd.

    Public opinion means little to me, but you are aware that the vast majority of the battle rap scene puts Verb up as one of the very best of all time right? He used to be that nigga cooking in every battle, but his last fire battle was vs Dizaster where he still clearly lost 2-1. Let's look at his record since then:

    -1 rounder vs Ah Di Boom he won, but only because Boon reached too much
    -He bodied a terrible Swayve Sevah
    -Choked to death vs Caustic who won by default
    -Beat Goodz 2-1....but really if you can't beat Goodz you should quit battle rap (sorry Xfactor)
    -Got bodied vs Illmaculate
    -Got beat to death with bars vs Danny Myers, but he kind of put up a fight and the crowd liked him
    -Had a debatable vs John John Da Don, but both were ehhhhh I had it 2-1 John
    -Got punched to death by one of the three kings Bigg K
    -Got 3-0'ed clearly by a serious Daylyt, but it wasn't a body Verb had 3 solid rounds
    -Got 3-0'ed in a 1 rounder vs Danja Zone, seriously if you slack on a dude with toptier pen game on cam it looks ugly
    -Then Brizz Rawsteen and well you saw that


    The crazy thing is with that resume Aye Verb got into an argument with Lux begging him for a match and Lux just sonned him basically saying "you're not good enough yet and the fans aren't demanding the match so no"



    Daylyt is worse then verb

    Okay thanks for letting me know not to listen to you.


    Some notes on the Chilla vs Math battle which Chilla been hyping as possible battle of 2015:

    -Math saying" something about that mary made me write for this Ben Stiller" REACH GAWDS MATH PRAYS FFOR YOUR CONTINUED STRENGTH!
    -Math using a chinchilla bar in 2015 AND it got reaction......c'mon son.
    -Math says Chilla is stretching words then immediately goes to say "I'm like D Rose....shouldn't be playign with these lower tiers (tears)"......c'mon son
    -Chilla's kitkat bar is even more fire since I saw Hollow vs Clips first LOL
    -Chilla's school scheme was fire, but I still liked Iron Solomon's better.
    -Chilla's "I could have three point one fours that's easy as pie" was fire
    -Math had a long setup in the beginning of the second, but the "next time I listen to that wu (woooo) I'mma listen to U-God" bar was worth it
    -"That's the first time you had punches in back to back battles" was fire, but Dizaster did it first and better with his "you had a whole round with Jones and no one reacted....till you swung on Math and that was your first punch that landed" also Chilla was right behind Daylyt during that battle so he bit and remixed that line he can't claim it was a coincidence or that he didn't hear Dizaster spit that.
    -After Chilla said "you shoulda taken a page outta Bonnie book and ducked my verse (myverse) Math was trying soooooo hard not to laugh and smile you can see that shit in his eyes he was thinking "damn Bonnie gonna kill me if I laugh on cam".
    -Math threw away his third away spending over half of it addressing Dizaster and then repeating his D Rose line
    -LOL FYI Math really did try to sue KOTD, that's some bitchmade shit.
    -Chilla 3-0 no body, Math had 2 decent rounds, Chilla clearly got the first and third, second is I guess is somewhat debateable because it's Chillas lightest round and Math's best, but overall great battle and I especially loved seeing Chilla switch up his style for this one he tried the Lux angle and it actually worked well, getting personal instead of just relyong on his word play

    Chilla the GOAT still arguably undefeated.

    thurst wrote: »
    Big T's last battle against Rone was fire. Suge has always been wack, but at Rookies vs. Vets he kinda brought some heat...at least for his first 2 rounds.


    Rone vs Big T is an instant classic! Both had fire all 3 rounds, it might be battle of 2015, I'm surprised Big T stopped slacking and took Rone seriously, first round super debatable I gave it to Rone because his bars hit a little harder with "you wouldn't draw on me if I was half a page of anime, you wouldn't draw on me if I was a connect a dot hand out, you wouldn't draw on me if I was passed out at a frat house". Second round Rone kept his momentum while Big T chilled a little so he clearly lost that, and third round....son Rone's third round...

    I felt bad for fat people all around the world, a lot of people have copied Lux's third round vs Calicoe, but Rone did it wayyyyy better than anyone else, his third round penetrated Big T's layers of fat and hit him in his soul! LOL. 3=0 maybe 2-1 no body, but clear since Big T stumbled and cut his second and third short.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,567
    Daylyt will never have a battle better then verbs best
    You can compress and ignore the rest of my post all you want lol even though you had a good point about url crowds

    "Serious" daylyt had a debatable with mad child
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,210
    SMFH...

    Do you realize that Daylyt is one of THE best battle rappers? His antics overshadow his lyricism, but not many can fuck with him bar for bar.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    edited May 2015
    Next thing you know he's going to say 40 Barrs had a debatable with Jaz, Deacon Frost bodied Soul Khan, Lux choked on purpose vs Calicoe (hundreds of people actually believe this lol), Rone is always on real nigga time, B Magic needs more punches, Tay Roc is the most well rounded, Arsonal doesn't think he's undefeated.

    I love how Lux declined to battle Verb in front of that bigass crowd, but then said he knows Daylyt wants to battle him and they're in the middle of working it out. That could be the GOAT matchup of all time.



    Oh and DNA is one of my favorites, but seriously no one trying to see you at NOME 6-8, seriously WTF BEASLEY? I know he's tight with the sponsors and signed a contract so he can't do 1v1 battles most of the time, but the politics of battle rap making URL boring as shit. If there's one guy who's oversaturated it's DNA, Dizaster might have 70+ battles, but at least they're spread throughout lots of leagues around the world.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Daylyt isn't one of the best battlers. He has a really good reputation, but he doesn't show up consistently enough for me to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. At this point, I don't even watch his battles unless someone tells me that they saw it and he was spitting for real. Last battle by him I saw was against Pat Stay and I thought that shit was wack as fuck.

    LOl @ @orochizoolander. Hater, much? Smack crowds are the tough, so what? If you can't control the crowd then that's a fault in you. Daylyt is from Cali and niggas don't boo him (even though they should) because he has crazy crowd control. If you know niggas want you to get right to the bars...then get right to the bars. Stop the bullshit. Niggas usually get booed when they get on stage and act like they deserve crazy reverence when they don't.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,210
    You don't need to give him the benefit of the doubt... Go watch his battles.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

    R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    edited May 2015
    IMO he beat Pat Stay 2-1, round 1 he lost clearly, round 3 he won clearly, round 2 debatable, so I could easily see why anyone would give that one to Pat. The KOTD chain gimmick was funny and clever as shit to me, it's his way of saying even if he took Pat 100% serious and won the chain, he would be shackled with the responsibility and expectation to keep performing 100% serious and not do antics again, that and he thinks the KOTD white crowd doesn't want a street nigga at the top anyways because they don't support that life style outside of battle rap. Athough he respects "non street" battle rappers if he was ever in a team battle he would only agree to be paired with the battle rappers who don't talk shit about the street life like Dumbfounded for example he says this in a lot of his battles and interviews. Not trying to change your mind, but just explain the reason.

    And no not a hater at all, just looking at it from a scientific point of view, saying SMACK crowds are tough is a huge oversimplifcation of what I said, a social scientist observing the crowd during any given battle would tell you it's a textbook case of group dynamics, the perception of how you think you're supposed to react is powerful, so many niggas at battles react to shit whether they get the bar or not because they don't want to appear dumb or just want to support their boy.

    To say that not controlling the crowd/getting booed is 100% your fault is just plain ignorance. To be clear crowd control is most definitely a skill not one that I personally view as important as others, but it's still 1 of the many skills I take into account when judging a battle you either have it or you don't. But like the other stuff I mentioned it isn't that simple because like I said crowds can be and often are super biased and stupid as fuck in NY, I've noticed KOTD Canada crowds have been equally whack since 2013 or so because for some unknown reason they hardly ever react to anything, almost everything goes over their heads, and when they do react it's to the most basic shit, Don't Flop crowds are better than both since they let less stuff go over their heads when it does it;s usually a slang barrier, but their problem is they think everything is crazy and give too much reaction. KOTD Cali crowds are by far the best, most of the time the complex bars don't go over heads, the get hype when they should, and even when someone fucks up or comes with whack bars they just stay quiet and don't boo much as that speaks volumes more than booing and it's a much better way to handle a bad performance as it lets the battle rapper get back into his shit fast and is more plesant to watch on youtube, also they arely gas anyone too much they're as impartial as a battle rap crowd as I've seen.KOTD Cali crowds are the GOAT and dozens of battles especially over the past year prove as much.

    On a personal level I don't like URL crowds because usually they value performance over bars 100% of the time, how you say something is more important than what you actually say at a NOME or Summer Madness, and I don't have a problem with those crowds who have that preference, I'm just the opposite I value bars over performance. It's not all negativeity though, I get hype along with the crowd, for all their faults you can tell URL crowds are filled with real fans with love for the shit the battlers do.

    Soul Khan was judging some KOTD Canada battle years ago when he was still battling and when explaining his reasoning, he said he filters out the crowd reaction when judging because sometimes they can gas basic stuff and not give any reaction to the crazy bars, a few months ago he was debating the issue of crowd control with Queenzflip, Queenzflip thinks that the winner of any battle is determined b ywho the crowd likes more that what matters the most is how the crowd reacts.....and Soul Khan basically well okay what if everyone thought Calicoe BODIED Lux that means he would have won right?

    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    NWX makin a statement
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    All you're really saying is that you like the same things the Cali crowds like. Smack crowds have always been live as fuck and the fact that the people are willing to stand for hours without food too watch the battles makes them dedicated, not dumb. Smack is a playoff crowd, those other leagues are on regular season shit.

    I got Math over Chilla, btw. That Ridiculousness/Rob Dierdek scheme that Chilla spit wasa prime example of wack obscure shit that some niggas (read: orochizoolander) gas. If you need to hit Google to get somebody's punch in a battle, then that shit was wack. I'm not usually a fan of niggas explaining their punches/schemes (a la Surf) but when you're spitting some obscure ass shit, you better do it or you deserve to get booed.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,567
    Daylyt is alright but no
    His antics take away from the battle and then his bars are alright few haymakers... some stretched beyond belief

    Like when I was watching him vs mad child I'm like dude is good but him fucking up 5 battles with his bullshit before that was not worth the one time he decided to "be serious"
    It was underwhelming
    I mean it's the same shit you heard in the pit when nocando roasted him


    Plus I would never say that deaconfrost abstract black Picasso ass beat soul khan
    That's ridiculous
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That battle against Madchild is sick tho.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

    Avatar by Gumz
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,345
    edited May 2015
    Madchild stumbled a few times throughout that battle. But what was most noticeable to me was that Daylyt and especially the crowd respected him enough to give him time to pick himself back up (and not boo or interrupt).

    I wish more venues would do that.

    I'm not saying you have to disregard the choke, but let the nigga finish his bars first, then after the battle deduct points for the choke afterwards. Don't ruin the flow of the battle.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,631
    edited May 2015
    It's not that I like the same things the Cali crowds do, I'm just unbiased and fair like they are. Being live and getting hype is great, I'm a big fan of Jay blac's reaction face videos, but getting hype and being a fan of someone isn't an excuse to go into a battle with the winner already decided in your mind no matter what, all my complaints about URL crowds are the same complaints just about every well known battle rapper has complained about as well, but they don't blame the fans they understand that ignorance and bias are part of what you have to accept being in the lime light. Me though as a fan can call out the dumbass biased fans all day, some of them especially DNA and Charlie Clips have even lost their cool on stage and blamed their performance on the fans fucking them up lol, even Hollow said it against Clips, the URL crowd just wants to hear simple gun bars delivered with lots of energy, anything else won't fly unless you're Lux lol and most URL battle rappers have a problem with being forced in that box especially when they see fans complain that everyone in URL sounds the same lol. Like I said before many people have one way of thinking when they're alone in their room, and a very different set of opinions when they're in the building and see everyone around them going wild, it's textbook sociology at work.

    I totally understand you're not a fan of the word play or schemes or more intricate bars like I am and as for explaining your bars...everyone on URL does it constantly Conceited invented it with his slow it down lol. For me it depends on the specific bar, some work with explanation, some don't it's weird like that.

    Daylyt went HAM on Madchild, Verb, and Serius all 3 rounds he was just perfect in every category he checked every box, if he rapped like that every battle he would be even more loved than Lux is. Madchild, Verb, and Serius all did okay, but it was clear they were just outclassed by far.

    Even though Madchild lost 3-0 his "you bring 40 watts burning when it's daylyt, that's just a waste of energy" bar was insane, and he had some shit round 2.

    Also why the fuck is SMACK grooming Surf to be the new Mook/Lux?
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,493


    this shit is so fucking fire. Long Live A$AP.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    IMO he beat Pat Stay 2-1, round 1 he lost clearly, round 3 he won clearly, round 2 debatable, so I could easily see why anyone would give that one to Pat. The KOTD chain gimmick was funny and clever as shit to me, it's his way of saying even if he took Pat 100% serious and won the chain, he would be shackled with the responsibility and expectation to keep performing 100% serious and not do antics again, that and he thinks the KOTD white crowd doesn't want a street nigga at the top anyways because they don't support that life style outside of battle rap. Athough he respects "non street" battle rappers if he was ever in a team battle he would only agree to be paired with the battle rappers who don't talk shit about the street life like Dumbfounded for example he says this in a lot of his battles and interviews. Not trying to change your mind, but just explain the reason.

    And no not a hater at all, just looking at it from a scientific point of view, saying SMACK crowds are tough is a huge oversimplifcation of what I said, a social scientist observing the crowd during any given battle would tell you it's a textbook case of group dynamics, the perception of how you think you're supposed to react is powerful, so many niggas at battles react to shit whether they get the bar or not because they don't want to appear dumb or just want to support their boy.

    To say that not controlling the crowd/getting booed is 100% your fault is just plain ignorance. To be clear crowd control is most definitely a skill not one that I personally view as important as others, but it's still 1 of the many skills I take into account when judging a battle you either have it or you don't. But like the other stuff I mentioned it isn't that simple because like I said crowds can be and often are super biased and stupid as fuck in NY, I've noticed KOTD Canada crowds have been equally whack since 2013 or so because for some unknown reason they hardly ever react to anything, almost everything goes over their heads, and when they do react it's to the most basic shit, Don't Flop crowds are better than both since they let less stuff go over their heads when it does it;s usually a slang barrier, but their problem is they think everything is crazy and give too much reaction. KOTD Cali crowds are by far the best, most of the time the complex bars don't go over heads, the get hype when they should, and even when someone fucks up or comes with whack bars they just stay quiet and don't boo much as that speaks volumes more than booing and it's a much better way to handle a bad performance as it lets the battle rapper get back into his shit fast and is more plesant to watch on youtube, also they arely gas anyone too much they're as impartial as a battle rap crowd as I've seen.KOTD Cali crowds are the GOAT and dozens of battles especially over the past year prove as much.

    On a personal level I don't like URL crowds because usually they value performance over bars 100% of the time, how you say something is more important than what you actually say at a NOME or Summer Madness, and I don't have a problem with those crowds who have that preference, I'm just the opposite I value bars over performance. It's not all negativeity though, I get hype along with the crowd, for all their faults you can tell URL crowds are filled with real fans with love for the shit the battlers do.

    Soul Khan was judging some KOTD Canada battle years ago when he was still battling and when explaining his reasoning, he said he filters out the crowd reaction when judging because sometimes they can gas basic stuff and not give any reaction to the crazy bars, a few months ago he was debating the issue of crowd control with Queenzflip, Queenzflip thinks that the winner of any battle is determined b ywho the crowd likes more that what matters the most is how the crowd reacts.....and Soul Khan basically well okay what if everyone thought Calicoe BODIED Lux that means he would have won right?


    this is the problem with most battle type formats rooted in hip hop...bboying...poppin....choreo....battle rap. If a crowd can influence your decision...you are fucking shit. like niggas bring whole squads in like its the club days....so they did the dopest. you just got played. the idea someone would ever allow the crowd to influence their decision should be grounds to never have them judge again.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,567
    The best example of a crowd playing into a decision is mook/dotmob/rest of Harlem vs serious jones
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,598 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's not that I like the same things the Cali crowds do, I'm just unbiased and fair like they are. Being live and getting hype is great, I'm a big fan of Jay blac's reaction face videos, but getting hype and being a fan of someone isn't an excuse to go into a battle with the winner already decided in your mind no matter what, all my complaints about URL crowds are the same complaints just about every well known battle rapper has complained about as well, but they don't blame the fans they understand that ignorance and bias are part of what you have to accept being in the lime light. Me though as a fan can call out the dumbass biased fans all day, some of them especially DNA and Charlie Clips have even lost their cool on stage and blamed their performance on the fans fucking them up lol, even Hollow said it against Clips, the URL crowd just wants to hear simple gun bars delivered with lots of energy, anything else won't fly unless you're Lux lol and most URL battle rappers have a problem with being forced in that box especially when they see fans complain that everyone in URL sounds the same lol. Like I said before many people have one way of thinking when they're alone in their room, and a very different set of opinions when they're in the building and see everyone around them going wild, it's textbook sociology at work.

    I totally understand you're not a fan of the word play or schemes or more intricate bars like I am and as for explaining your bars...everyone on URL does it constantly Conceited invented it with his slow it down lol. For me it depends on the specific bar, some work with explanation, some don't it's weird like that.

    Daylyt went HAM on Madchild, Verb, and Serius all 3 rounds he was just perfect in every category he checked every box, if he rapped like that every battle he would be even more loved than Lux is. Madchild, Verb, and Serius all did okay, but it was clear they were just outclassed by far.

    Even though Madchild lost 3-0 his "you bring 40 watts burning when it's daylyt, that's just a waste of energy" bar was insane, and he had some shit round 2.

    Also why the fuck is SMACK grooming Surf to be the new Mook/Lux?

    Fam, you're mad biased. The fact that you're always claiming that you aren't and trying to point it out in others is kind of hilarious.

    As for explaining your bars, I'm not a fan of it, but Conceited doesn't really do that. That "slow it down" shit is different since he's clearly saying different words, I mean more like how Tsu Surf does it, he'll spit a scheme and knowing that live, niggas might have missed it, he'll quickly say the words in the scheme. Clips probably does it the best because he usually spits a bar that brings them together, either way if you're spitting some obscure scheme then you NEED to do that because spitting bars that only niggas are gonna feel on cam is just as bad (and actually worse, IMO) as dropping simple bars to impress the crowd.

    Keep it all the way 100 (and I just thought of it while typing this), the main reason why I fuck with Smack more than other spots is because the fans act like rap fans and not battle rap nerds. If somebody says some hot shit, niggas cheer and want them to bring it back, and when it's wack they boo. Never seen someone legit cooking and get booed. You keep mentioning that DNA/Roc battle, realistically the crowd was against DNA, but if he came out cooking he'd have been fine, but he didn't so that's on him. That goes x50 for Verb against K-Shine, he came out trying to be cool and shit like he deserved some sort of reverence and niggas were yawning by the end of that first round..K-Shine came out cooking from the jump and niggas were loving it. I don't know if you used to watch the Apollo, but you could almost always tell when someone was gonna get booed within the first 10 seconds, crowd control is showing the crowd that you're not wack, if you can't do that then that's on you.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY