The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• VhozonVhozon CFN: Vhozite Joined: Posts: 1,712
    edited March 11
    I'm done taking recommendations on music from people. Dude told me to peep that new Future and that shit was beyond trash. Even the beats were weak, and Future stays with hard beats.

Shit was some soft "in your feelings" shit from somebody who can't sing or rap. Over trash beats no less.

In more positive news, I swear New York has the strongest rap game. Like no other place can even compete.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,697
    edited March 12
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    How I like it.....

speaking of gay stuff:

Biggie's killin me lmao
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,312
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    How I like it.....

speaking of gay stuff:

Biggie's killin me lmao

Mister Cee!! LOL
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,273
    Vhozon wrote: »
    I'm done taking recommendations on music from people. Dude told me to peep that new Future and that shit was beyond trash. Even the beats were weak, and Future stays with hard beats.

Shit was some soft "in your feelings" shit from somebody who can't sing or rap. Over trash beats no less.

In more positive news, I swear New York has the strongest rap game. Like no other place can even compete.

I dunno man, I love London but for American scenes New York is one of the best. I think Atlanta is overrated and you can all come at me
    The only rapper I like out of ATL is TI. That place is definitely overrated.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,312
    The only rapper I like out of ATL is TI. That place is definitely overrated.

Andre 3000?

Anyways this is pretty dope...loving the dancehall style beat!

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• jennjenn Joined: Posts: 14
    My younger brother raves about lamar. Has his pictures all over his bedroom wall, a few albums. He is 18 and genuinely enjoys rap. Oh he likes Drake too, but i am not sure if Drake is considered a rapper or a singer (this is not said in an offensive way at all) i am not really a genius when it comes to rap, but hey, learning a totally different genre of music other than one that you are accustomed to is fun :)
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,908
    Atlanta never gets the credit they deserve. The NY sound just started to come back TBH.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,489
    The south has been running shit for awhile and folks (from the east especially) don't want to give it credit
    edited March 14
    a15kko wrote: »
    The south has been running shit for awhile and folks (from the east especially) don't want to give it credit

Running shit how? Like im really asking no bs

Edit: Now that I think about Weezy is from the South. Totally forgot
    Post edited by Vhozon on
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Running shit how? Like im really asking no bs

Edit: Now that I think about Weezy is from the South. Totally forgot

the south was super dumb strong in the mid 2000s-late 2000s. south was all over the radio
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 26,697
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha MSHMTX Joined: Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 15
    That now infamous scene from that Snoop/BBNG video is in bad taste... but not nearly as bad as those BARS holy fuck Snoop at least try (or get your ghost writers back).
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 599
    That Lupe Fiasco

"So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,335
    Bow wow is having his 30th b day party in my city. When I tell you there's nothing special about lake Charles for that fool to come here. He fell off to the point he can't even book Nola.wow
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
    Wtf I'm only two years older than him? I thought he was wayyyyy fuckin younger.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,354
    What is Nola?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 385
    Assuming you're not trolling, "New Orleans, Louisiana"
    edited March 17
    I did know that Nola, but I thought he was talking about some specific club for some reason.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 385
    Ah my bad.
  • Syke1Syke1 Prettyboy Slugfest [Remix] Joined: Posts: 12,449 mod
    Just peeking in to say Plata O Plomo is actually pretty solid and I heard it pre Shether
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    edited March 17
    Houston used to be good for rap. Dunno what happened there, just stopped producing or fell under the radar

Mid 2000s H-Town dominated the chart
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 599
    Devin the dude just released an album. It's called acoustic levitation.
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
    i really haven't been listening to hip hop much at all lol

I've been on a brasilian wave for months
  • Syke1Syke1 Prettyboy Slugfest [Remix] Joined: Posts: 12,449 mod
    Gimpy wrote: »
    Here is some new Raekwon!

Is this a ob4cl3 teaser?
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    rick ross takin shots at drake and baby

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Syke1 wrote: »
    Gimpy wrote: »
    Here is some new Raekwon!

Is this a ob4cl3 teaser?

I don't think so. It's from an upcoming album of his called "The Wild".
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,335
    Still my shit
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
  • RodimusRodimus End Game NOCTIS! Joined: Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That New drake is tough, that joint w/Kanye=lava.
    Drake out here fuckin wit me. Got house music and dance hall. Bruh

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • shotoreplicantshotoreplicant I see drunk. Joined: Posts: 39
    Sim Wit Sin.
    edited March 19
    Drake should have just put out like 7 of these joints and trashed the rest. There is some good stuff here. All the worst tracks are the rap tracks, he just sounds uninspired rapping and the beats are kinda meh. I realize this is a "playlist" of cut tracks and b sides but yeah.
    To me Drake has never sounded inspired or individual. Everything he does Jay Z already did. To me Drake is and always will be just a good voice. Like Adele, pretty to listen to but I don't fuck with her music
    edited March 20
    lol dude tries to be cool and its a force. its not natural for him so when he wants to be...it ends up being his meh voice. for me im digging it for its sounds and less for the lyrical content. im not really sure what hes gonna go with radio wise cause alot of it is stuff imo radio wont fuck wit. like house music?? radio dont give a shit about house.

plus we knew this wasnt gonna be super hot since there was no voicemail.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    what wave Drake riding right now?
    what wave Drake riding right now?

lol its a mishmash of everythings hes been doin for the past 2-3albums....soca..house...trap

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    The day Drake does some baile funk shit will be the day where I will actually be pissed
    Speaking of baile. Sango dropped a new album. Its fucking flames
    Yall fuckin wit my boy?
    Yall fuckin wit my boy?

This is the rap thread man. Stoned Jayden Smith aint rap.
    :rofl: Stoned Jayden Smith. Don't you mean Jayden Smith? Is that dude still tweeting like he does Tai Chi in the park 24/7?
    -Bill Burr.
  • Black ChanlerBlack Chanler Human Error Joined: Posts: 900
    More Life is Drake realizing he needs to give the rapping up. Drake as a fake Dominican-Jamaican is way better than him as a fake Texan-Georgian at this point. I also used to liked when ge got lyrical but all the ghost writing shit killed that.
    PSN: Leonardsbigdome
    More Life is Drake realizing he needs to give the rapping up. Drake as a fake Dominican-Jamaican is way better than him as a fake Texan-Georgian at this point. I also used to liked when ge got lyrical but all the ghost writing shit killed that.

blem askin the real fuckin questions "why cant we smash and stay friends"

i was listening to that whole track imaging him as eddie murphy doing dexter st.jock.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Hell, maybe a switch to straight singing and no rap will work for Drake. I was up in here sad that Childish Gambino was shunning rap, but I realized the other day that I've played "Redbone" at least 200 times in my car or in my house since it came out. None of his rap songs got that play count for me in such a short amount of time (though some were close).

If a switch like that can work out for Gambino, Drake should be able to yield good results too.
    -Bill Burr.

Drake isnt trying to be "fake Jamacian-Dominican" hes ahead of the curve riding the wave of music thats popular (always popular) in the summer time.

He's always had this fusion of styles but its more prevalent now that hes an established artist with the liberty to take more musical "risks" that open up his fanbase.

I dont see a problem with this, at least he knows how to maintain a balance instead of making "themed" albums.
  • Black ChanlerBlack Chanler Human Error Joined: Posts: 900
    edited March 21
    Drake does have an ecclectic taste in music, which is why he's so popular (and the reason I support his transition into more pop music). But he is phony as fuck lol, nigga got 8 accents hahahahaha.
    Post edited by Black Chanler on
    PSN: Leonardsbigdome
    edited March 21
    I agree that maybe he should lay off the rap he sounds really uninspired on all the rap cuts here and the beats on em are zzzzzzzzzz. Normally people would be mad at a rapper going all pop but Drake is clearly excelling in pop over rap the last 2 albums.

Drake isnt trying to be "fake Jamacian-Dominican" hes ahead of the curve riding the wave of music thats popular (always popular) in the summer time.

He's always had this fusion of styles but its more prevalent now that hes an established artist with the liberty to take more musical "risks" that open up his fanbase.

I dont see a problem with this, at least he knows how to maintain a balance instead of making "themed" albums.

i mean you aignt wrong....torey lanez and sean paul comeback. dat islander sound coming through strong this summer.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog: