The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2015
    Everyone knew once Fergie joined BEP it was pretty much a done deal. You knew who they were trying to convey their music to.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    a15kko wrote: »
    I heard a long time ago BEP wasn't that trash and put some good stuff out

they were balls deep in hip hop culture pre fergie. they repped the elements hard....knew bboys and graffers.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,341
    I want old radio back, even tho I rarely listen to it, full of bep and Missy Elliot, JT,some timbo. Now it's some bullshit ass dance song.
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,954
    Yep I used to bump BEP hard back then with their first two albums.

I still know the words to this shit

Loved the video idea too.

Then the third album came out with Fergie and I wasn't really feeling it besides Wheres is the Love, which blew the fuck up. Then Lets Get Retarded It Started blew up too. Lucky it was the early 2000s, that original song would have gotten them blasted today lol.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
    I will admit that there are two songs of BEP that I liked during the A.F. (After Fergie) period. One was Where Is The Love and the other one was this one.

C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    Future really blessed us with Dirty Sprite 2 . He found his lane between the blues and rap and is fine-tuning it.
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,773
    I remember when NERD almost added that chick. I thought it was gonna be over. They still released that trash album but still
    Future really blessed us with Dirty Sprite 2 . He found his lane between the blues and rap and is fine-tuning it.

I really need to listen to his shit.
    AB apologized with the quickness
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,341
    Real gangstas listen to shit like that....
    I knew that shit wouldn't last long before he'd do some fuck shit.
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
    yeah Ghost is real as fuck
  • El Chupa NegroEl Chupa Negro WALKING PARADOX Joined: Posts: 3,426
    Ghost cut a promo on the level of Dusty Rhodes Hard Times . I'll never doubt the Wally Champ again.
    Jeet Kune Do was all about using what worked and discarding the crap. Fei Long is crap... discard him. A real Jeet Kune Do man plays Dudley.-xS A M U R A Ix
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,633
    http://battlerap.com/news/2015/07/15238-urls-redemption-card-confirmed

Sooo I'm going to Redemption this weekend, my first URL event I'm hype as fuck I'll try to record some footage, but probably won't since I don't want SMACK kicking me out the venue. Here are my predictions:

T-Rex vs Danny Myers is going to be fire! Both have a lot of pressure on them, T-Rex because of his bodybag vs Clips followed by a lackluster performance/debatable against Hollahan at Blackout 5 lol, not to mention the way he fucked over both Myers and Black Ice Cartel league after backing out of the battle and ducking for months despite Myers already having paid him $12,000 last year. Rex works for Myers he's his employee and he's about to get fired, Myers has a lot of pressure on him because despite being the "bar god" and recognized as one of the best if not the best punch line rapper of all time he still hasn't ever performed on a big URL stage before so he has a lot to prove to the masses who haven't pepped his KOTD battles, fortunately he's pretty much what Tay Roc would be if his creativity and energy levels were over 9000 so Myers style is perfectly suited for the URL crowd even though some of his bars will probably go over heads as usual. 3-0 body bag, very good chance of being Soul Khan vs Fox status.

Tay Roc vs Brizz Rawsteen is going to be a very interesting match on several levels, first off coming off the very debatable match with Tsu Surf (I had Roc winning 2-1 maybe 3-0) I'm curious if the crowd will still rock with him as heavy as they did then and vs DNA, or will they finally turn on him as URL crowds are notoriously biased and fickle as fuck, but Roc is one of the most consistent rappers around, he never plays with his food he just comes to kill. Brizz looked a little weak vs Aye Verb, so I don't doubt he'll put on a better performance than that, but I can't see him outclassing Roc performance of bar wise, either Roc will have to choke hard, come weak as fuck, or Brizz go SSJ4 to win this one otherwise a convincing 2-1 for Roc.

Shotgun Suge vs T-Top will be an easy 3-0 for T-Top my nigga, he had a debatable with a prepared Charlie Clips while Suge on his A game (vs Rosenberg Raw, Charron, and Th3 Saga) is just decent at best and he still got cooked by Charron and Saga convincingly 2-1 if not 3-0.

DNA & K-Shine vs. Chess & Steams If Steams goes HAM in this match like he did vs Rum Nitty (watch that if you haven't it's battle of the year contender) AND Chess goes HAM all 3 rounds like he did in his first round vs DNA minus the choke/vomit then they have a chance of winning, but the rebuttal game, bars, and energy of these two will still probably be too much, especially if DNA comes with some bars comparing Chess throwign up to when he himself threw up on Don't Flop LOL 2-1 DNA and K-Shine

Bill Collector vs DOT......Bill has some flow and some bars, plus after getting knocked the fuck out and being interviewed in front of a Subway he has a lot to prove, DOT on the other hand is just one of the worst rappers to ever grace URL, he is the main reason PG niggas will never ever get respect from the jump UMBERETTA! Easy 3-0 for Bill and he isn't even that good lol.

Chilla Jones vs Prep This is the reason I'm going to Redemption Chilla has never had a clear loss and is IMO the GOAT, last time we saw him on URL he 3-0'ed the fuck out of DNA in what was again IMO one of the biggest style clashes and most entertaining battles of all time, both were on their A game, DNA with the freestyle, performance, and energy while Chilla brought his unmatched word play and schemes. That battle created a negative stigma on Chilla that he is boring and as you guys know many battle rap fans especially those who only watch URL battles are more often than not sheep niggas, echoing what they hear their boys say rather than judge shit for themselves so at least half of Chilla's material went over the crowd's head (and probably most people who only watched it on youtube once) coupled with him having an 8 minute round 3 is what got the "Chilla has no performance and is boring" schtick going. Although it's complete bullshit because anyone who actually watched the battle and doesn't come into it biased can say Chilla brought hella performance he knows how to deliver his bars with conviction, but my point in saying all this is regardless of it being false, the fact is the damage has been done, Chilla got the reputation of being boring, slow, long winded, no performance, whatever you want to call it and hasn't been seen on URL since while DNA has been on every damn card since (that's due to DNA bringing a sponsor to URL and being managed by Beasley) so from the outside to the casual fan it looks like DNA killed Chilla with performance and that's why he wasn't on URL i n2 years (real reason is SMACK offered Chilla Lotta Zay and he turned it down thinking he was too good for him, I admit that was a retarded move by Chilla). So Chilla clearly has a lot to prove to URL fans, especially since I'm betting a lot of them haven't seen his transformation through KOTD, he is a completely different rapper than the guy who 3-0'ed DNA with schemes, he still schemes, but he has GDLK punches, personals, angles, delivery, everything else too now and Prep is just dormant potential at best. This will be a classic vet sonning new kid on the block 3-0.

Prep gon learn.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    Ghost aired this bamma out to Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes "Be For Real".

harden.gif
    C.O.P.A

• jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872

I think ghost is corny for that shit. AB was just chopping it up, stoned out his mind as usual, and while hes wrong that ghost dont do it like this no more, because 36 seasons IS STRAIGHT FLAMES, its not that big of a deal my nigga.

Put that shit in a rap. You old niggas steady clowning yourselves. You 40+, wasting your time with physical threats over one sentence. Stop it my nigga. Ludicrus was on that clown shit with drake too. Stop it. Rap niggas is so sensitive. When i was younger, i would think this is funny, and dope, but its wack to me now.

First off, anyone who listens to ab, knows him and ghostface arent as similar as people make them out to be. Most people dont listen to AB, and they wont stop tossing out that comparison for going on like 4 years now.

Ghostface is bitch made for that video imo. If he was really a boss, he'd dust it off, and light bronsons ass up on one of bronsons tracks from his album. Then laugh about it.

He already praised you as a rap god before even making that comment. Sit your ass down ghost.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    Gimpy wrote: »
    Ghost aired this bamma out to Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes "Be For Real".

harden.gif

the best part was he interjected the lyrics into his rant. like fuck...he spit a rant/verse/a jam poetry all in one nigga.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    Ghost kinda started the beef too
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    Ghost kinda started the beef too

Yeah, i mean, when ghost is in djvlad videos commenting on you, and you get non stop ghostface comparisons for almost half a decade, a tiny jab like bronson did is nothing. Worse shit has been said. Ghost just on his bully shit, cause actions just a fairly normal white boy from queens, with a rowdy cousin. Basically he doesnt meet even meet the minimal gangsta standards for hip hop.

Not that hip hop hasnt always been intertwined with violence when it came to calling each other out, because i think people romanticize regular wax beef more than it actually occurred. Niggas out here have had solid issues with each other over wax beef. With all that said, rap niggas is goofy. Its like every member from wutang is legit on edge always. lol. Its like a group of style p's, and ive seen style p laugh more than most members from wutang. lol

Ghost album is on rotation way more than actions, and i love action bronson. He shoulda just murdered him on wax. Used that track that is all vocals and beat, no lyrics, put his voice on it, and shredded action. Even if it was personal, i woulda liked it more than threats and nonsense.

NY niggas always got an extra story for some shit. Thats why most them niggas is backwards thinking as fuck. They probably idolize dame dash for having mediocre thoughts about life and finances. lol
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LMAO this nigga...Chilla got 3-0'd CLEARLY by DNA, never heard anyone even pretend otherwise. Even more comical that you think you're unbiased.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    Of course you never heard anyone say otherwise you admitted you just watch a battle once and bounce not paying attention to anything else. Almost all battle rappers and fans agree that it's the ultimate preference battle between bars and performance even DNA and Clips said that Chilla won lyrically while he won performance wise, Aye Verb and some others even gave the battle to Chilla and if you type DNA vs Chilla review 90% of the results will be fans saying Chilla won. Comment sections of the battle itself are divided down the middle, but recently I guess due to renewed interest in Chilla they've been heavily leaning toward giving him the battle. That's not a punch line that's real fact no debating.

3 Years ago the people called it a tie it was 3-0 either way almost no one gave it 2-1 either way due to how consistent they both were in how much of a style clash it was, but now as the game evolved since then more and more people leaning towards Chilla so you're the only one showing bias here arguing with facts. If you think DNA won off performance cool, but that's preference and personally bars matter to me than big stage presence.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol have fun at Redemption. I'd recommend keeping your nerd nonsense to yourself while you're there, though.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,320
    That or we'll be asking what happened to that boy...;lol
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,243
    maxx wrote: »
    so its lookin like marvel ripped off the whole comic/hip hop covers concept even some actual art from this dude. http://longboxeson22s.tumblr.com/post/108268088667/so-about-9-months-or-so-trill-believers-my-friend

These guys are pissed that Marvel doing the hip hop covers thing and didn't toss work their way. Marvel don't owe them nothing. Comic Hip Hop covers ain't theirs to own.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    so its lookin like marvel ripped off the whole comic/hip hop covers concept even some actual art from this dude. http://longboxeson22s.tumblr.com/post/108268088667/so-about-9-months-or-so-trill-believers-my-friend

These guys are pissed that Marvel doing the hip hop covers thing and didn't toss work their way. Marvel don't owe them nothing. Comic Hip Hop covers ain't theirs to own.

if you look through it..you will see an actual cover they ripped off from him.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    C.O.P.A

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    HawkingB schilling I see.

And yeah its bullshit that Marvel started paying attention to hip hop while jacking someone else's work.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,279
    And ya'll thought I was crazy when I said Cole was better than Nas lol.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
    I'm not trying to start nothing lol. This guy really just put a Future album over two of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.

Am I missing something? Did Future become a lyrical genius after he was done with Ciara?

I'm not trying to start nothing lol. This guy really just put a Future album over two of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.

Am I missing something? Did Future become a lyrical genius after he was done with Ciara?

Actually that was a girl who said that.
    C.O.P.A

• AcEtUrNeDjOkErAcEtUrNeDjOkEr SRK Barbershop DJ Joined: Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol i was watching that earlier and thinkin how much they musta paid for the samples lol

Sounds like the majority of the beats they sampled were the original beats
    Koop: omg fail fail fail... u cant drive a kia soul windows down pumpin.......
    mc hammer pumps an a bump
    Aceturnedjoker: WTF! LMAO
    Normal Tuesday conversation with Koop on GTalk...LOL
    WOW aceturnedjoker haven't seen that name in years what's up!
    future has a cult following. futurehive not quite at beyonce levels but almost there
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2015
    So a week or so back I was talking about the Retarded Alligator Beats tape by The Alchemist not having yet gotten to listen to the OTHER FIRE ASS INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM he put out this year. Israeli Salad is Al going in on his collection of Records from Isreal and is pretty much what the boom bap doctor ordered.

Not only that but apparently a new Gangrene project with Oh No is about to drop.

Alchemist is in full renaissance mode.

Edit: Forgot to mention Pete Rock dropped Petestrumentals 2 and Madlib has a new album out as well. With veterans dropping tapes and crews like Soulection 2015 is a great year for Instrumental hip hop.
    Post edited by TheMaidenMasha on
    Gimpy wrote: »

Actually that was a girl who said that.

Ah, I couldn't tell. The tweet disappeared for some reason.
    future has a cult following. futurehive not quite at beyonce levels but almost there

Never would've expected that.