The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,570
    Gimpy wrote: »
    I'm not trying to start nothing lol. This guy really just put a Future album over two of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.

Am I missing something? Did Future become a lyrical genius after he was done with Ciara?

Actually that was a girl who said that.

Ah, I couldn't tell. The tweet disappeared for some reason.
    a15kko wrote: »
    future has a cult following. futurehive not quite at beyonce levels but almost there

Never would've expected that.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,887
    yeah me neither but his album is doing good after one week.

Today is weird. Nicki has some kind of beef with Taylor and Meek is talking shit about Drake
    Drake ain't the only one getting flamed...

edited July 2015
    hip hop really is wrestling

CKfkIKWUkAEF420.jpg
  • EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,784
    edited July 2015
    Pahahaha

Now the Kendrick "Ghostwriter" line in King Kunta makes 100% sense.

e2JUZYO.jpg
    CFN: GetReady2Die | WhensThirdStrike [Urien, Ryu, Chun, Balrog, Karin]
    I make Jazz-Hop/Lo-Fi/Soul-Hop/Hip House: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,221
    Any here fans of the seed of 6ix?

Dj Paul's Newpew and Lord Infamous's son. Way better than Migos
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
    edited July 2015
    Pahahaha

Now the Kendrick "Ghostwriter" line in King Kunta makes 100% sense.

e2JUZYO.jpg

yessss

Edit: Forgot to mention Pete Rock dropped Petestrumentals 2 and Madlib has a new album out as well. With veterans dropping tapes and crews like Soulection 2015 is a great year for Instrumental hip hop.

what do you think of petestrumentals. not a huge fan.

I thought Madlib's was just a mix

I've been slacking on instrumental hip hop

• thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This shit goes so hard.

#teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,875
    Birdman wearing women clothes on that pic. The fuck?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    edited July 2015
    maxx wrote: »
    lol. you arent allowed to shit talk on ghost especially when he has allowed you to live this long with his flow. this isnt a young chris situation....ghost allowed fatboy to live.

"I dont want no nigga to sound like me...ON NO ALBUM." Deini made songs with AB and was asked about this mad times in the past. I didnt peep the vid yet tho

If you arent Snoop, Will Smith, Dre, Puffy, or Kanye ghostwriting is just unacceptable.

Bro the metaphors Aubrey was spittin on R.I.C.O. had me kind impressed. But if OVO Quentin really wrote it then....

Im afraid people on the drake section of KTT are on suicide watch. The way some of those cats adore him is insane. Like mental institution worthy.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    Of course people rush to dissertations of Drake's defense. Everything is how Drake should talk about fucking nicki or how much $$$ he has. NOTHING rap related. Fuck today's fans. Real shit.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2015

Edit: Forgot to mention Pete Rock dropped Petestrumentals 2 and Madlib has a new album out as well. With veterans dropping tapes and crews like Soulection 2015 is a great year for Instrumental hip hop.

I thought Madlib's was just a mix

http://www.factmag.com/2015/07/17/madlib-future-islands-sam-herring-trouble-knows/

As for Petestrumentals 2 it has its tracks but the way its compiled is a very cut and dry batch of beats. The alchemist albums got more of that "audio collage" vibe you can sink your teeth into.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2015
    Kinda iornic, Meek actually needs a ghostwriter.....And if this shit is true about Drake lint rolled his shit at a basketball game, that would be the most light skinned shit I've ever seen!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,348
    I'm dead af
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
    edited July 2015
    Seems like you niggas never word black jeans.... They look fine from afar, but can look like you're homeless up close. Gotta keep that lint roller on deck lol.
    Post edited by Phantom Angel on

• SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    So u tellin me you gonna lint roll your calves in the 1st row courtside on national tv? Word.
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    edited July 2015
    Nah lol, but I can see why he did it. I don't see why it's that big of a deal... He's making sure his shit is right. Chicks can be in the exact same situation with a make up kit and nobody would say anything. Niggas find any reason to hate.

DukeC wrote: »
    Gotdamn this nigga Drake don't get away with shit :lol:

cd1e3735e78e9d0ef75f756cc4d84884.gif?1398212761

and my day is complete
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• EveryFlowerFlowEveryFlowerFlow You Want Pain? Aegis Reflector Joined: Posts: 3,784
    edited July 2015
    Chicks can be in the exact same situation with a make up kit and nobody would say anything. Niggas find any reason to hate.

So basically you just said that it was ok for men to be overly concerned about their appearance because women are... this is hardly justification bruh lol.
    CFN: GetReady2Die | WhensThirdStrike [Urien, Ryu, Chun, Balrog, Karin]
    I make Jazz-Hop/Lo-Fi/Soul-Hop/Hip House: http://releases.prosodij.co.uk
    Chicks can be in the exact same situation with a make up kit and nobody would say anything. Niggas find any reason to hate.

So basically you just said that it was ok for men to be overly concerned about their appearance because women are... this is hardly justification bruh lol.

Can't justify how $$$$ has no appearance and hoes would still flock
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

I mean you do the lint roller at home. Idk why you would have that shit in ya pocket. Or maybe drizzy has a personal lint roller-er?

Either way fuck that. Can we talk about these actual ghostwriting accusations? Like the worst part is that in 3 days of someone doesnt make a song this will be swept under the rug.

Imo it is unnacceptable for the self proclaimed #1 to not write his own. That is call for excommunication. Especually when you talk about other cats bitin.

I think Drake writes his own music.Not all of it but he does write most of his shit
    I agree but Meek said Quentin wrote this whole thing and Meek said there were some other verses industry cats knew Drake didnt do.

Drake, Curren$y, Gillie, and BG wrote for Wayne.

• jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
    edited July 2015
    This drake situation is dumb. Who cares. Some of these niggas need drakes ghostwriters so they stop making mediocre music for the deaf, dumb, and blind. Like 50 is my nigga, but if someone came out saying they ghostwrote some of his shit, id be like, whatever, thats what bosses do sometimes.

Ghostwriters are good for the industry anyways, and provide good jobs for people who otherwise cannot, or do not want to be in the fame. Wiz khalifa couldve used about 8 ghostwriters the past 3 years. lol. I'd rather a nigga get a ghostwriter and drop a hot track that the ghostwriter is properly compensated for, then watch one of my favorite rappers fall off cause he in a creative slump.

If you follow hip hop, you know what rappers to expect certain things from, and drake having ghostwriters fits exactly where i put him at. A dope artist, with talent, but like anyone else, will delegate the creativity to others sometimes if he has better shit to do, or is stumped.

As much as a street nigga, meek is, hes wale level emotions, and i hate that shit. No wonder buddens called you out. I would never in my life trust an emotional nigga. Those cats are usually snitches, and suckas anyways. He hiding behind his goons. i dont know, this dude might be low key a sucka. Even trying to put words in other peoples mouthes. Talm bout wayne and nicki will pretend like they dont see his tweets, but they know whatsup. Nigga, this your battle, keep peoples names out of it.
    Spycarnegy wrote: »
    So u tellin me you gonna lint roll your calves in the 1st row courtside on national tv? Word.

Yeah, if you wanna stay fresh. I keep a roller in my car, so when i hop out to head in to work, i hit the lint right quick just in case, and keep it moving. If i was on the move, and quickly got dressed to head to the game, but didnt have time to make sure everything is looking clean. I'd take the lent roller in with me, roll, and then put it back in my hoodie sleeve.

Niggas cant lint roll now without criticisms. lol. Is lint rolling now soft in our community? God damn.

Drake ain't the only one getting flamed...

Is that really him? Thats gay, but not surprising. Am i the only one that watched this well manicured, perfectly even hairline, fur wearing, teeth sucking motherfucker on the breakfastclub? I have gay cousins, and ive only met homosexuals that suck their teeth. I have never in my life come across a heterosexual male that sucked his mouth, teeth, whatever as much as sb did.

Maybe thats some ny shit, i dont know. Not surprising if it is, that city is pretty trash, and filled with weirdos.
    LEMME GET DAT!

He can't be "overly concerned" with his appearance, but ya'll niggas are out here checking for and critiquing his every move. If you wanna play that card, answer me this: why are you, as a man, worrying so much about what another man is doing? That shit don't make sense. Men don't watch other men.

Every little thing he does is a headline, and you wonder why he's "overly concerned." Lol... Shit is crazy.
    Syke1 wrote: »
    I mean you do the lint roller at home. Idk why you would have that shit in ya pocket. Or maybe drizzy has a personal lint roller-er?

True, but it doesn't hurt to keep one on you if you're going out to an event like that. If his shit got messed up on the way, people would be talking about how crazy he's out here looking and saying how he should've brought one.
    Either way fuck that. Can we talk about these actual ghostwriting accusations? Like the worst part is that in 3 days of someone doesnt make a song this will be swept under the rug.

Imo it is unnacceptable for the self proclaimed #1 to not write his own. That is call for excommunication. Especually when you talk about other cats bitin.

That caught me off guard. Drake can spit, or so I thought.... Why he need a ghostwriter? SMH

is it really a ghost writer if that person is getting credit in the liner notes
    edited July 2015
    is it really a ghost writer if that person is getting credit in the liner notes
    Yes. See Nas & that Will Smith album. And the thing is that RICO verse was Quentins. I mean Drake had The Weeknd write the hooks/melodies on Take Care.

So non Diddy/Dre/Snoop ghostwriting is accepted now? But what about Iggy?

• SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Aint nobody here checkin for drake like that nigga dont start that corny shit. I can definitely easily peep game on that shit cuz its not hard to miss. If I'm at the game or some sporting event or whatever and I see a nigga lint rolling his calves in the 1st row cuz he stick out like a sore thumb, im definitely recognizing it and laughing at it. Yall know mufuckas on social media are always lookin for something to tear anybody down that they hatin on but he dont make it any harder to do it with shit like that
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Maybe thats some ny shit, i dont know. Not surprising if it is, that city is pretty trash, and filled with weirdos.
    Its actually a West Indian thing to "suck your teeth". Stop overreacting, as usual, jimmy.

edited July 2015
    He's right. Here there's mad weirdos, especially where I live at.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Its actually a West Indian thing to "suck your teeth". Stop overreacting, as usual, jimmy.

I'm not overreacting. I just like shitting on nyc as usual.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    @D'Nyc3 arent you from BK? Weirdos are a given lol. Jk

But weirdos make the best music *cough* Tribe*cough* De La*cough*Stones Throw

edited July 2015
    Well Iggy is trash that's why.

Its Drake so not everyone cares much because he is still gonna sell and make good(depending on who you ask) music

Rap, and the entertainment industry in general is mostly lies though, so at the very least its not abnormal for someone to rep some shit, and behind the scenes be using ghostwriters, or whatever.

I mean, how often are we truly checking for authenticity with our rappers, entertainers in general? We only call it out when its been brought to our attention, but in reality, most of them faking the funk.

One of hip hops most praised albums has basically all of dres verses ghostwritten, The Chronic. Treach was writing for all of vins shit allegedly, and that came from treach mouth. I still think classic naughty by nature is fresh though.

Like i said in my previous post. Ghostwriting is healthy, and fine. Only in a genre like hip hop, would we take that shit to the extreme, and as some super mega offense to any and everything we love. Plus, the rap industry is over saturated anyways. It aint like we havent already heard whats currently been said already, just to a different sample and mixed beat, and a different face. Ghostwriting is a non issue, especially for a pop artist making a lot of non personal songs, that kinda just speak to a general audience.

Like, if someone ghostwrote motto, does it matter? lol. I think if you write some shit, and you go, man, this doesnt seem great, and you reach out to someone, tell them your idea for a song, what its about, what youve been through and how it relates. Then that person writes a fire track for you, thats fine. Hell, if you just need a fire record for the charts, and aint got the time to write it, why not credit someone else, give them their cut, and plop it for the fans to enjoy.

When i hear dangerous ground by method man, i dont care who wrote it, and if someone did, they probably wouldnt deliver it like meth, and aint meth. I wanna see meth do that track no matter what. Thats another thing to take into consideration, that some tracks shouldnt go to waste because of anti ghostwriting, when there are artist out here that could truly bring it to life.

LEMME GET DAT!
    edited July 2015
    I already said Dre, Diddy, and Snoop are like the only passes. Snoop had GWs on and off and Dre +Puff all had GWs from jump. Shit look at Cube and Eazy. Or Scarface and Bushwick Bill. However. Its different when it is known from the start and still fire compared to when someone says "Im the greatest of my generation" then does that shit. The jig is up.

Spycarnegy wrote: »
    Aint nobody here checkin for drake like that nigga dont start that corny shit. I can definitely easily peep game on that shit cuz its not hard to miss. If I'm at the game or some sporting event or whatever and I see a nigga lint rolling his calves in the 1st row cuz he stick out like a sore thumb, im definitely recognizing it and laughing at it. Yall know mufuckas on social media are always lookin for something to tear anybody down that they hatin on but he dont make it any harder to do it with shit like that

The fuck you worrying about what another nigga is doing for? I don't even see how someone cleaning their clothes is something to laugh it. You sound like one of those lame ass, no life niggas with nothing better to do than make fun other other people so they feel better about themselves. You have no right to call anyone corny after the shit you just wrote.

I'm not overreacting. I just like shitting on nyc as usual.

GTFO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file