The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lmfao banks is super trash.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,468
    Why did I blank out and think you were talking about Lloyd Banks?

And why was I about to reply "it would help if he didn't sound like Q from 3rd Strike when he's rapping", when I don't really believe that?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 296
    edited May 2
    Did you guys hear about the new Wiz Album that dropped yesterday? Its fire lol Wiz Rambo lol
    Post edited by DJBLKKZAND94 on
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can someone help me when his verse start?

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,531
    Dilla Dawg

• krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,835
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    Anyone wanna good read?

This entire thread.....and 50 Cent man...... holy shit he was literally a G who lived to tell all this shit lol

Damn, Mike Tyson legit hung around with people crazier than him.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,877 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 3
    So Joe Budden was trying to give Lil' Yachty some advice. LOL!!!

Edit : I just got finish reading that Twitter thread D'Nyce posted. Talk about eye opening. Some I knew about back in the day when I use to hang around hardcore hip-hop heads who were from NY but I didn't know about the other stuff. It's like hip-hop put on a mask that showed the beauty, talent, and the culture of it but deep down it had the darkness.
    Post edited by Gimpy on
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,445
    That shit was fucking crazy
    I wasnt even that close but on 50 bars one of my favorite songs I remember hearing a couple of those names and on some of 50s other songs
    very interesting to hear the connections in between them
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,306
    That twitter link is gold, hella interesting. Sad at the same time. Niggas is hella wild fam..fucking psychos
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I get the feeling Marlo was loosely based on Jimmy Henchman. Low-key in everything but the eyes.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 664
    Video for NxWorries - Get Bigger

"So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
    Hatian Jack man......The crack game I tell ya.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Big Boi - Kill Jill ft. Killer Mike & Jeezy

Not the type of sound I expected with these cats, but interesting nonetheless.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    edited May 4

Not a bad song. Of course Killer Mike kills it.

Edit : This song just made me want to hear "Chill Bill". LOL!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,478
    axeman61 wrote: »
    Why did I blank out and think you were talking about Lloyd Banks?

And why was I about to reply "it would help if he didn't sound like Q from 3rd Strike when he's rapping", when I don't really believe that?

Man Third Strike had the dopest soundtrack
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 5,984
    So I've been watching Everyday Struggle - which is basically Complex's hip-hop version of First Take and...

...it's not bad. If anything, Joe Budden being the grumpy old man rapper works on so many levels. I couldn't care less about Akademiks, but they'd be hard pressed to find a producer or A&R type person w/ actual industry experience that could be honest about a lot the topics. Joe just doesn't seem to care.
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,766
    No links??
    edited May 4
    edited May 4
    :rofl:

I grew up on BET and this is so on point.

Though, the same could be said for A LOT of networks. "Yippie-Kayyay, Mister Falcon!"
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    Yo thats what's up.
    edited May 5
    Lupe got to slide thru the DMV when we have tourneys at Xanadu.
    C.O.P.A

• VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 2,121
    edited May 8
    Hey is there a website or app I can use to stay updated on releases from artists I like? It's getting a bit tedious keeping up with releases for me.

I don't listen to the radio, and trying to get information through standard sources like Twitter or Instagram forces me to wade through a bunch of other information I don't care about. I used to frequent r/hiphopheads but that sub is trash and like I said I hate having to sort through a bunch of unrelated posts.

Is their anything specific you guys use or do? At this point I'm relying on word of mouth and that isn't exactly reliable.
    edited May 9
    lmfao the backlash of pop white girls using hip hop for monetary gain is delicious this week. everyone gettin bitched at. white culture vultures goin down in flames wit black twitter

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    C.O.P.A

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,478
    maxx wrote: »
    lmfao the backlash of pop white girls using hip hop for monetary gain is delicious this week. everyone gettin bitched at. white culture vultures goin down in flames wit black twitter

It's nothing new man. Boybands used to rap and have random guys on their tracks. It's been happening since day one. Hell, look at fucking Rebecca Black - Friday
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,916

Wait did these niggas really sample/use Miku?

This makes me happier than it should :rofl: Especially since the song is pretty hot.
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,531
    Unreleased Dilla
    After ready that thread on twitter, I believe...but why she stayed tho?

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

FrostyAU wrote: »

It's nothing new man. Boybands used to rap and have random guys on their tracks. It's been happening since day one. Hell, look at fucking Rebecca Black - Friday

boybands always had respect for hiphop...as odd as typing that was. these white hoes are dissing rap and saying its disrespectful after they made their money and realized no one likes them. also its a diff situation, boybands stayed the boyband route but had someone guest. miley cyrus and the like, thought they were embedded in the culture and such, made their money and now shes goin the country route and claiming how hip hop is such a bad place for her. throwing us under the bus .

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    I've watched a few videos of Everyday Struggle and it slowly made me develop a hatred for DJ akademiks, dude is a cornball. At times he hates on legit artists for BS reasons while lauding wackass rappers and making excuses for them. I'm not a Budden fan, but at least he's been in the game long enough to make coherent points about the industry.

Anyway, new Bone Thugs:

lmfaoooooo black twitter dragggggiiiinnn his ass

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    At least lil Mama was happy lol
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Oh btw....

This joint is FLAMES!

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,835
    I've watched a few videos of Everyday Struggle and it slowly made me develop a hatred for DJ akademiks, dude is a cornball. At times he hates on legit artists for BS reasons while lauding wackass rappers and making excuses for them.

Akademiks is the rap equivalent of a stream monster, like I used to watch his videos when he had >15,000 subscribers on his original account because it was just stuff to pass time, now dude has over a million subs and complex as a platform. I guess they figured since he's been making rap focused videos for years that he would have some knowledge to share, but dude really ain't connected like that. Which sucks because I'd rather hear Akademiks talk about something that matters than hear DJ Vlad ask Cassidy or Boosie some weird shit again.
    lmfaoooooo black twitter dragggggiiiinnn his ass

This shit is killing me the most though even though it's more about Harden and not #bowwowchallenge

Ginoboli blocking Harden like that was gdlk, for real though Shadmoss needs to get off social media, he's been a clown for years and it's only gotten worse as time goes on. Everything from his fake ass blood affiliate flexing to him talking about how he wasn't black but mixed last year got him torn to shreds on the internet. So far this year he got clowned because he threaten to pimp Donald Trumps wife during that Snoop Dogg Lavender drama, now he got caught faux flexing a private jet. His mans need to put him in time out.

Also I did not know Joey Bada$$ was 22, I've been listening to him since his 1999 mixtape, dude got a lot of years ahead of him.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,008
    edited May 12
    This J Dilla beat never gets old to me

Bonus J Davey they were so dope too bad they disappeared
    I've watched a few videos of Everyday Struggle and it slowly made me develop a hatred for DJ akademiks, dude is a cornball. At times he hates on legit artists for BS reasons while lauding wackass rappers and making excuses for them.

Akademiks is the rap equivalent of a stream monster, like I used to watch his videos when he had >15,000 subscribers on his original account because it was just stuff to pass time, now dude has over a million subs and complex as a platform. I guess they figured since he's been making rap focused videos for years that he would have some knowledge to share, but dude really ain't connected like that. Which sucks because I'd rather hear Akademiks talk about something that matters than hear DJ Vlad ask Cassidy or Boosie some weird shit again.

The more I watch, the less I hate DJA. At first, I couldn't stand the dude, but I think Budden is rubbing off on him in the sense that he's actively learning from an industry veteran and it's making him think about things w/ knowledge he didn't have before.

He's still corny. He still backs some horrible music, but his arguments are less nonsensical.
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 804
    Do you guys think mumble rap should get their own box and awards?

Cause having a team of kendrick lamar, j.cole and joey bada$$ going v.s lil yachty, lil uzi and future just does not seem fair.

For what it's worth mumble rap is fun for the moment but not something you let your kids listen too 10 years from now.
    C.O.P.A

• KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,336
    Shit bang
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
    This is something interesting. Early in 2016, Rum Nitty and Ave had a classic rap battle. That battle is about 50 minutes long.

Well, someone did an edit, taking out all the excessive crowd reactions. Now, it's 22 minutes.

The excessive crowd reactions are part of why I watch battle rap honestly, but this is surprisingly nice. How do you guys feel about crowd reactions? They can get annoying, but I love a good response if the bar is good.
    -Bill Burr.
  • VhoziteVhozite The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 2,121
    The only thing I don't like about crowd reactions is when the person battling has to re-say their bars to get going again, especially when it's multiple hard bars in a row. Niggas end up saying the same line like 5 times because they can barely get started.