The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    Guess the nigga just don't hang far from the tree/
    Strange fruit, grey coupe, brown rag on the seat/
    Chipped tooth when I bit the gift sent from Eve/

Play on phrase the apple doesnt fall far from a tree. You never heard of Billie Holiday? Lynching? Brown rag to wipe fingerprints off the gun in the coupe. Blood also turns brown when it stains so could benused to wipe blood too. Got fucked when he chose to eat the apple from Eve. Same fruit from the tree used to hang our ancestors. Self explanatory. For a fucking freestyle that was pretty sick imo.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,921
    Yea, I got that, but it's generic. I respect it more for being off the top, though.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,669 mod
    How is that generic? I was talking abiut the Strange Fruit ref.

But I like lowkey encoded wordplay & non overt punchlines the most. Shit like Lupe and Andre 3k, even Earl. They all sound average spitting until you run it back.

Life in the Day of Andre Benjamin comes to mind as a prime example. That prose flow is so advanced. Lightyears ahead. I swear only Andre, Childish, and Kendrick are good at using it. Shit is the KH2 Final Form of rap.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 6,075
    GOAT

Im sad to say I cant recall what album that Avengers pic is supposed to represent. I know ill kick myself once i remember.

Syke1 wrote: »
    GOAT

Im sad to say I cant recall what album that Avengers pic is supposed to represent. I know ill kick myself once i remember.

illadelph halflife smh at you lol
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,484
    maxx wrote: »
    lol the one thing imma be mad about with miles morales is its a bunch of white artists who dont understand lil things like line ups and waves.

Miles would look so much cleaner with a line.

I don't think he's ever had waves tho.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
    I wasn't even goinh say anything more on Shmurda.
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    "Bobby's gf is GS9's enforcer"
    590.gif
    590.gif
    590.gif
    Then I saw this.

But music wise DOMT by Robb Bank$ is my most anticipated mixtape for the rest of the year. Im still playing 2phoneshawty @Shaft Agent.

• ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 2,011
    Syke1 wrote: »
    ^Finally someone rational. How yall nignogs let @ShogunZ show yall up?

You guys showing your true colors. No actual counter arguments. Only empty scoffs.

I don't think they have any choice.

I have never heard a good argument against Drake in the time I've fucked with his music. Most of the criticism he takes is basically for being a normal dude and not a caricature of some goofy nigga tryin to mean mug 24/7. People equate being a normal person with idiosyncrasies as "soft"....which is stupid. Most of the people who criticize him, incidentally, are also trying to be that caricature.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
    Queen Janet returned in the fullest effect

Of course Cole got to jump on it n. He is probably the best fit for the tone of the song.

• orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Watched JJDD VS prep last night LOOOOOL @ Prep stopping every half a bar to tell JJDD he's dying when his shit is like ehhhh Prep been talking mad shit in interviews after this battle saying how he took on Chilla be used be wanted someone with a better pen after killing JJD.

What this cocky dumbass doesn't understand is Chilla's pen game is wayy behind anyone else to the point that everyone even those who don't like him acknowledge that he can't be out rapped so he can get away with not having the best performance. Prep's pen was barely above JJDD and even then he only took the first round, JJDD out barred and out performed the shit out of Prep in 2 and 3.

Prep has potential his pen game is good, but he needs to level it up a lot before he can take on someone like Chilla he bout to die in front of everybody.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    Been arguing/debating since 11 AM outside on this hot ass sun with people on line finally in venue in the front. Queens flip got in the crowd roasting everyone talking shit he called me a 12 year old on stage but when he came in front of me in the crowd he looked at my outfit and said nah can't roast a fresh looking nigga lol.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
    First battle was T-Top vs Shotgun Suge Top came out swinging all 3 rounds, but this might be the new Suge I've ever seen he edged it in the building, killed the third, lost the first, and second debatable I had it 2-1 Top, but maybe I'll give it to Suge on cam because the energy was bananas and he brought bars.

Second battle just finished Chilla vs Prep.....3-0 crowd wasn't feeling Prep except for his rebuttals in round 2 and 3 which were fire, but both in the building and on cam Chilla dominated. Nunu Nellz Prep's manager walked off stage during the second or third round LOL.
    The footage is out already? How he win on cam when you didn't see the shit yet? Lol

• D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The footage is out already? How he win on cam when you didn't see the shit yet? Lol

The more you know
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

Tyrone I said maybe as in I'll judge when I see it. Tay Roc vs Brizz Rawsteen just finished, super fire battle 2-1 either way I have it to Tay Roc round 1 and 3.
    Drake hasn't said a word and meek lost already
    Tyrone I said maybe as in I'll judge when I see it. Tay Roc vs Brizz Rawsteen just finished, super fire battle 2-1 either way I have it to Tay Roc round 1 and 3.

That ain't what you said lol. It don't matter, though.

I need to go out to one of these events one of these days. Waiting for footage sucks.

a15kko wrote: »
    Drake hasn't said a word and meek lost already

If The nigga say my name he the hot shit//
    And if I say the nigga name he the hot shit, fucked up!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Bill Collector vs Dot just finished.....crowd went crazy for Dot he clearly 3-0'ed BC in the building, on cam it out look different because Ive never ever seen so many reaches in a battle and the crowd loved all of them.

Some people seriously now wanting Dot vs Lux.....
    Yoooo DNA and K Shine just threw hands with Chess and Steams and SMACK got in between them it started with Chess getting mad close in K-Shine's ear then he swung I think and then shit looked like Tasmanian devil cartoon taking a short break and going to resume I think? Not sure but wow that escalated FAST!
    edited July 2015
    RIP T-Rex Danny Myers outperformed and outbarred 3-0 not a body bag because T-Rex's first round was damn nice so that miiiiiight be debatable but damn near everyone had that as a clean 3-0 almost as one sided as Chilla vs Prep.

Talked to Danny after the battle he was disappointed Rex didn't come at 100%. I was the only one in the whole damn line from 11-1 defending and rooting for Danny everyone was saying Rex 3-0 and I talked to those same 15 people or so after the battle all of them were disappointed in Rex too saying 3-0 Danny.

I was kind of worried that Danny's similes he's famous for wouldn't be received by the URL crowd, but he was the clear favorite he was on 1000 went into outer space all 3 rounds sonnee the fuck out of Rex at his own grown man a r game. On cam I wouldn't be surprised if it looked as bad or worse than when he battled Clips.
    Okay I'm fucking with this Future album. I don't even care if he ain't lyrical or I can't understand a word he's saying
    a15kko wrote: »
    Okay I'm fucking with this Future album. I don't even care if he ain't lyrical or I can't understand a word he's saying

Future Vandross son!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

edited July 2015

Well, that escalated quickly.

Edit: Day trollin as usual.
    This nigga Norm Kelly needs to shutup. Soon as some Philly niggas kidnap his fam he gon hush real quick.

Normal white people getting too involved in rap nowadays anyways.

• BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,569
    @Syke1 Nigga whatever Meek Mill the type of nigga that think he a goon cause he sold a couple packs. Gtfo outta here lol
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    Selling any amount of packs in Philly>>>>>>>>> hauling keys in the great norf norf

Nigga Daylyt went and got a great value Ver of Drake
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

Future Hendrix

Zaytoven killed it
    Been trying to stream DS2 off youtube all weak but the quality is ass. I gotta torrent this shit

edited July 2015

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file