The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,210
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,353
    maxx wrote: »
    Its a good album...its def better than just meh. Its one of those...lemme talk about where i was and where i am. He's giving mentoring lessons to learn from his mistakes he made. Its def not a radio album(though some dumb ass dj played moonlight at the bar i was at on saturday lol). Its interesting to see all the reactions, especially from people who never used to give a fuck about hov. I dig it, but mostly only like 4-5 songs really..which is decent i guess since its only like 10 tracks.

He's trying but how many will listen? Definitely not for the radio.

"it may sound boujee but I think it's fine. I'm trying to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99"-Story of O.J

"I don't even know what you would have done, in the future other nigga's playing football with your son!" - Kill Jay Z 1:50

• TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gathering of the Juggalos seems to be slacking this year. They usually would bring out at least 3 or 4 pretty good old school hip hop acts.

• thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The first half of the Jay-Z album is terrible, the 2nd half is decent. By themselves, some of the bars are fucking fire, but his flows and energy are meh on a lot of these tracks to the point where it almost sounds like spoken word the way he delivers them. This is def more of a "Shawn Carter" album than a Jay-Z album which is fine, but Jay-Z is the legendary MC, not Shawn Carter.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 194
    Joe Budden is really popular on this board, his momma is my landlord. I never really listened to any of Joe Budden stuff; I've just had a couple of bank tellers asking me questions about them that's all.
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,860
    50 is 100% correct
    God's favorite ©

• Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,541 mod
    Joe Budden is really popular on this board, his momma is my landlord. I never really listened to any of Joe Budden stuff; I've just had a couple of bank tellers asking me questions about them that's all.
    Mood Muzik are some of the best mixtapes ever
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,541 mod
    50 is 100% correct
    You really bout to make me clip you wit Yajirobe once DBFZ drops :warning: :rage:

"Hold a Uzi vertical, let the thing smoke
    Y'all flirtin' with death, I be winkin' through the scope"
    :relaxed:
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

• FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 864
    edited July 6
    "I sent my bitch to the store cause we ran outta soda" 21 Savage

0e2b663675.jpg

What?

Bitch i'm tryna cook this yola (21!)
    Post edited by FDream on
    Syke1 wrote: »
    50 is 100% correct
    You really bout to make me clip you wit Yajirobe once DBFZ drops :warning: :rage:

"Hold a Uzi vertical, let the thing smoke
    Y'all flirtin' with death, I be winkin' through the scope"
    :relaxed:

He's got some crazy bars on there, but overall the shit has not energy.

To make an analogy:

When you go to the court to play basketball, sometimes you'll see an old head out there that was clearly mad good back in the day and can still hit most of his moves, but he ain't trying to run and down the court. The type of nigga when there's a turnover he's like "Yo yo yo, touch it up!" instead of running back to defend the break and never wants to play through anything...that's how Jay-Z raps now.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,032
    FDream wrote: »
    "I sent my bitch to the store cause we ran outta soda" 21 Savage

0e2b663675.jpg

What?

Bitch i'm tryna cook this yola (21!)

LMFAO
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,304
    Nice to see Cory Gunz can still snap at any moment. Fucking rediculous.

Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,304
    Arsonal snapping.

Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah im not on the old style racist animation but the message behind the song is true enough.... it doesn't matter if you're a rich or poor 'black man' in the eyes of everyone you're still a ni**er.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    I'm seeing people acting like idiots over 4:44 platinum status. Apparently it doesn't count if Sprint buys a million copies to give away to costumers.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    Yet them niggas used the voucher to download the thing themselves
    dn3000 wrote: »
    Yeah im not on the old style racist animation but the message behind the song is true enough.... it doesn't matter if you're a rich or poor 'black man' in the eyes of everyone you're still a ni**er.
    Why? I thought it was animated greatly and was super creative

I would agree with the inflated platinum status. The album was going to go platinum on it's own. rihanna did the same shit with ANTI

Good ol NY
    God's favorite ©

Do you guy's think 50 cent has it in him to make another platinum album?
    I don't think 50 has it in him to make a gold album.
    50's last album was arguably his best one, so yeah he could drop another classic album if he chose to, but he doesn't really make music anymore. Even that last G-Unit EP that dropped, he's only on like 2 songs.
  • VhoziteVhozite Fabulous Slasher Villian Joined: Posts: 2,531
    thurst wrote: »
    50's last album was arguably his best one, so yeah he could drop another classic album if he chose to, but he doesn't really make music anymore. Even that last G-Unit EP that dropped, he's only on like 2 songs.

Get Rich or Die Trying is his best shit. There is no argument or debate
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,785
    50 can still put out good music, problem is he's not relevant as a musician anymore. The public isn't asking for more 50 right now. He'd have to do something really amazing to change that.

Good ol NY

I loved the beat, I didn't love every second word being nigga, not that I mind when Black rappers say it, it's just when it's half the lyrics it gets old.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,141
    FrostyAU wrote: »

Good ol NY

I loved the beat, I didn't love every second word being nigga, not that I mind when Black rappers say it, it's just when it's half the lyrics it gets old.

You gonna hate this one then...

"Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol we gettin baited by 50's troll post again? hes just salty he cant do it like hov. like how you gonna be mad at hov who went platinum in 4 or 5 days. lolol 50 tryin to rile niggas up again so he can get some interest goin. Like we've had a fuckin decade of the 50 game..we literally know his flowchart.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited July 7
    How is he trolling? Bc you disagree? You sound like the salty one nigga.

No one can sit here and tell me Jay's new album is good. Like how? Anybody who thinks this album is classic should be disregarded as a Hov-slurpper
    God's favorite ©

No one can sit here and tell me Jay's new album is good. Like how? Anybody who thinks this album is classic should be disregarded as a Hov-slurpper

not sure how im salty because i have a differing opinion and it's based on the fact 50 has done this before. 50 likes to troll niggas...are we gonna like deny that? I also stated i liked it, its good...not great and that i only really liked 4-5 songs but on a 10 track album thats good for me.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    10 tracks...yet you like 4-5 tracks? That's a "F" everywhere in Murica nigga.
    God's favorite ©

lol. im not even gonna get into this on grading. But as someone who works with kids who are currently in the school system..no its not.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited July 7

lol. im not even gonna get into this on grading. But as someone who works with kids who are currently in the school system..no its not.

Wait a 40 or 50 out of 100 isn't a "F"?? really? Is that why niggas from Boston are dumb as fuck? They just pass everyone?

Dude doesn't like half the album..but says the album is good lol. How sway?

All jokes aside anybody reading this shit??
    God's favorite ©

edited July 7

Wait a 40 or 50 out of 100 isn't a "F"?? really? Is that why niggas from Boston are dumb as fuck? They just pass everyone?

Dude doesn't like half the album..but says the album is good lol. How sway?

All jokes aside anybody reading this shit??

boston is in like the top 3 for testing and education in schools nationwide and top 5 worldwide...but okkkk. I didnt say i didnt like half the half..i said i really liked 4-5..i can enjoy something without being overboard about it. I enjoyed the other songs but they aren gonna be my faves. but please continue to put words in my mouth.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 7
    Did Maxx just say a 40-50% is not an F?

Motherfucker, you obviously haven't been near a school in your life because your dumbass is showing.

Also, working with kids isn't the same as being a teacher. So stop trying to make yourself sound like you are. That's like me saying "Well, speaking as someone who pushes buttons to make characters play on a screen, here's what this professionally-trained MMA fighter should do."

You can't even be mad you're being clowned. You brought it on yourself.
    This is offensive.
    edited July 7
    Putting words in your mouth you say?
    Its a good album...its def better than just me. I dig it, but mostly only like 4-5 songs really..which is decent i guess since its only like 10 tracks.

not sure how im salty.... I also stated i liked it, its good...not great and that i only really liked 4-5 songs but on a 10 track album thats good for me.

So where did you go to school again?
    God's favorite ©

Raz0r wrote: »
    Did Maxx just say a 40-50% is not an F?

Motherfucker, you obviously haven't been near a school in your life because your dumbass is showing.

Also, working with kids isn't the same as being a teacher. So stop trying to make yourself sound like you are. That's like me saying "Well, speaking as someone who pushes buttons to make characters play on a screen, here's what this professionally-trained MMA fighter should do."

You can't even be mad you're being clowned. You brought it on yourself.

I never said i was a teacher, but i run an afterschool program thats why i know whats going on currently and why i said 50% is not failing everywhere. It has to do with states that run the common core style of education. Which is heavily done in rhode island if not a whole state wide thing where i was doing the program. Does that mean outside of common core run schools that 50% isnt a failing grade hell no. Thats why i said it as a off the cuff joke. He said its a failing grade everrywhere in america and its not.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited July 7
    @maxx You realize Jay "went platinum" by having Sprint sponsor the album and give it away, right? Not that sales matter, but it's not like people are so in love with this shit that they're falling over themselves to get it.

And 50 is touring and has the one of top shows on cable, how do you figure he's salty?

And where outside of Canada is 50% not failing? I studied Common Core and is there is no part of it that has to do with sub-50% being a passing grade lol
    edited July 7
    thurst wrote: »
    @maxx You realize Jay "went platinum" by having Sprint sponsor the album and give it away, right? Not that sales matter, but it's not like people are so in love with this shit that they're falling over themselves to get it.

And 50 is touring and has the one of top shows on cable, how do you figure he's salty?

And where outside of Canada is 50% not failing? I studied Common Core and is there is no part of it that has to do with sub-50% being a passing grade lol

hey thats common core shenanigans. Like the fact some schools math grading where they get credit for a wrong answer but used the common core way to do the problem. But if you use a traditional method they wont count it.

no i didnt know sprint was involved in a massive giveaway. so they actually bought the albums they gave away? Most just give "Free copies" to companies sponsoring..they counted as sales in this case?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

no i didnt know sprint was involved in a massive giveaway. so they actually bought the albums they gave away? Most just give "Free copies" to companies sponsoring..they counted as sales in this case?

Yup. Sprint brought a million copies of the album to give away to their customers. Many fans decried this since Jay didn't earn the Platinum record.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,032

Yall ready to laugh so hard that your sides hurt?
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,606
    edited July 8
    Well call me a slave master with amnesia, because I don't know NONE of these niggas.

Also, when that last dude was kneeled down starting his verse, all I could think of was this:
    Post edited by axeman61 on
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.

I love Jay Z, Reasonable Doubt is one of the all time great albums in my mind. Jay's new album was as forgettable as Life of Pablo.
    Y'all being ridiculous calling it forgettable. This is in his top5 albums easily. Y'all confusing this with MCHG.

50 was trolling. He a comedian. He understood everything Jay was talking about business wise from one savvy nigga to another. He does the same shit to Diddy all the time. #EFFEN #POWER #SMSAUDIO

Blk album
    American gangster
    Vol 2
    Reasonable doubt
    Blueprint

All those albums shit on 4:44
    You're on crack
    God's favorite ©

• Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,141
    Half way through the album and I don't like it at all
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I appreciated it when i listened to it but i havent went back to it.

I enjoyed the album's production more than anything else.
    LOl top 5? This shit ain't a top 10 Jay album