The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,844
    So, some fuck nigga decided to vandalize Prodigy's mural not even 24 hours after it was completed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/prodigy-mural-queens-vandalized-day-creation-article-1.3311697
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 928
    Compared to Magna Carta, this was waaaay better. Not getting into the dumb ass shit you all are on about, but 50 wasn't trolling, it was "alright" & these niggas nowadays don't wanna hear smart shit.

That's why when he said the money phone line, which in all honesty, he has a point, EVERYBODY started doin it, like a bad ass kid whose mom tells em not to do something, so they go do said shit in their room, same thing.

For this being in the era of old man jay, I'll throw 9.99 at it. Again, I'm comparing to this to MCHG, which wasn't garbage, but most definitely was sewer water, 4:44 was nice.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,092 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,541 mod
    Blk album
    American gangster
    Vol 2
    Reasonable doubt
    Blueprint

All those albums shit on 4:44
    You're on crack
    I like it just as much as AG so it is tied at #5. A better concise project than Dynasty, Vol1/3, BP2, r Kelly and Kanye collabs lol
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,311
    It ain't top five imo. I liked it though, I prefer grown man rap nowadays and it ain't an album for pop hits or mainstream radio play. Don't think u should look at it in that context. It's better than like 90% of shit out today but that ain't saying much. In terms of his own catalog it's on the lower end for me but I still liked it, solid project for an old head it ain't trash by any means
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
    From a few songs I've heard from 4:44, Jay reminds me of a professor speaking to their collegiate class. Sort of interesting to me.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,032

Round 1 cypher. Give your opinions on each, hip hop heads.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Magna Carta is underrated especially now considering where Jay has gone lol
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    Magna Carta is his worst album. Yes, even worse than Kingdom Come. The album was straight garbage.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    I'd say Jay's 3 worse albums are:
    4:44
    Blueprint 3
    Kingdom Come
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,541
    lmfao his newest albums basically
  • AlkipotAlkipot Purse first, ass last Joined: Posts: 1,772
    Damn, people are really saying 4:44 is trash? Kill Jay-Z, Moonlighting, OJ, Bam all garbage?

"Do you listen to music or do you just skim through it?"
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, Birdie)
    Watch my terrible SFV/For Honor/UFC2 play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,398
    Jay's top 5 worse albums are
    Magna Carta
    Kingdom Come
    Blueprint 3
    The Dynasty
    Best of Both Worlds/Unfinished Business
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 928
    Replace Blueprint 3 with 2
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
    Alkipot wrote: »
    Damn, people are really saying 4:44 is trash? Kill Jay-Z, Moonlighting, OJ, Bam all garbage?

YOu just named 4 songs on a 10 song album and I only fuck with 2 of them (Bam and Moonlight) so yeah trash.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,606
    edited July 12
    Listening to you guys talk just reminds me how weird my standards are (or have gotten). I'm grading on the steepest curve imaginable. If an album has 4 or 5 songs I can rock to out of 10, that's like album of the year to me. I trash SO much of what I come across.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,304
    axeman61 wrote: »
    Listening to you guys talk just reminds me how weird my standards are (or have gotten). I'm grading on the steepest curve imaginable. If an album has 4 or 5 songs I can rock to out of 10, that's like album of the year to me. I trash SO much of what I come across.

Same.

Just give me 3-4 songs that have repay value and that's a good album/mixtape for me.

Otherwise it gets designated as background music and eventually forgotten about.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
    If you said 4-5 song are fantastic and the rest are decent then I'd say that's good...but only 4-5 are good, c'mon, son. If I'm skipping more than half the songs then it's not good.
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,541 mod

Niggas itt said We Got it From Here ruined ATCQ 's legacy so don't take it too much to heart if they disagree
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

edited July 12
    Im not only listening to 3 songs though. I like every one. With the weakest being Caught their Eyes and Smile but the execution of the concepts on those songs still 8/10 imo. Been listening to the whole album every other day since release. I really really like it. Jay flipped out and these are some of the best soul chops since Piñata and Be

C.O.P.A

• FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,785
    Syke1 wrote: »

Niggas itt said We Got it From Here ruined ATCQ 's legacy so don't take it too much to heart if they disagree

I'm a massive Tribe fan and I liked We Got It From Here. A lot of critics loved it. If anything I think it's underrated.
    FrostyAU wrote: »
    Syke1 wrote: »

I'm a massive Tribe fan and I liked We Got It From Here. A lot of critics loved it. If anything I think it's underrated.
    I think it is objectively top 3 Tribe. Even better than the debut as a whole

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The latest album by The Underachievers titled Renaissance is fire.

This dynamic duo is mad underrated.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    C.O.P.A

• TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 16
    Man I really like how $uicideboy$ took elements of early Bone Thugs and 3 6 and ran it through distortion. Their soundcloud page strong asf imo.

Speaking of soundcloud, do you guys really think Chance came through with a cheque phat enough to bail out soundcloud? Thats super suspect.

• nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,471
    Bro i swear I'm sweating like a crack fiend waiting for this Nav x Metro album. I expect nothing less than every track being a banger.
    edited July 19
    So one of D.C.'s greatest Go-Go bands performed at NPR. I got hyped sitting at my desk listenting to this. Folks, I present to you...Rare Essence!

http://www.npr.org/event/music/535777149/rare-essence-tiny-desk-concert
    C.O.P.A

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

lololololol. we all knew this, but its nice to have the data.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,381
    maxx wrote: »

Rock was never the top dog to begun with. It's always and still is pop music. I thought you were the undercover brother dating white womenz for the culture :sad:

You were supposed to be scoping out them playlists.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    BullDancer wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »

Rock was never the top dog to begun with. It's always and still is pop music. I thought you were the undercover brother dating white womenz for the culture :sad:

You were supposed to be scoping out them playlists.

undercover brother? nah nigga i date w/e is cute white,asian,black w/e.

i dunno how you wanna argue with actual statistics as most consumed genres. like your opinion vs data?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,156
    Man I really like how $uicideboy$ took elements of early Bone Thugs and 3 6 and ran it through distortion. Their soundcloud page strong asf imo.

Speaking of soundcloud, do you guys really think Chance came through with a cheque phat enough to bail out soundcloud? Thats super suspect.

That track goes, will keep an eye out for this guy.

• Ryo YamazakiRyo Yamazaki The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum Joined: Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 20
    I like a majority of 4:44. Sue me.

It's not his best album or even in the top 5 (fully agree with The Epidemic's 5 albums that are better) but that doesn't make it not a good album. The production is particular is ridiculous! NoID continues to bring the heat...

[edit] One more thing, I really like Smile the more I hear it, Gloria's poem does give me the feels but fucks sake, can people stop biting drake's flow already? I don't like when Drake does it, much less anyone else
    People are saying that *this* is the worst time to be a child. That's bullshit! *EVERY* time is the worst time to be a child because adults never know SHIT!!! - Lewis Black

That track goes, will keep an eye out for this guy.

Guy? They are a group of heroin addicts lol

• axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,606
    :rofl: He's quick as fuck.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    lmfaooo

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    edited July 21
    Mispost.
    annnnndddd i finally just googled about usher since between oj,linkin park and r.kelly i vaguely saw a comment on that.

OH SHIT NIGGA WTF

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,541
    I hate to say it but i only like legacy off of 4.44
    i gave it a sample listen last night the lyrics cool but it suffers from nas syndrome
    i just didnt like the instrumentals I hate to say it that way but damn... i just didnt like them and there were point audio i could barely even hear them like it wasnt mixed that well
    maybe I didnt have my headphones on point or something but i just didnt like his selection this time and really it was almost unbearable.
  • VhoziteVhozite Fabulous Slasher Villian Joined: Posts: 2,531
    Meek dropped his album.
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Meek dropped his album.

I haven't listened yet but is it fraudulent as fuck like Meek?
    edited July 21
    Meek dropped his album.

Haven't listened yet either it was just a heads up to anyone who's a fan who wasn't aware. I appreciate it when people gives me a heads up about shit since I'm typically out of the loop.
    edited July 21
    Wrong thread
    New Tyler the Creator for anyone that cares
    edited July 22
    Also,

New Dizzee.
    Meek dropped his album.

You should actually stop hating cuz the shit actually knocks