The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,575
    edited July 2015
    lol that track was light work. Hyping up over nothing, man.

Back to Back I mean.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,428
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,916
    edited July 2015
    2-D wrote: »
    "You love her then you gotta get a World Tour, is that your World Tour or your girls tour?"

"I'm not the type of nigga that'll type to niggas, shoutout to all my boss bitches wifin niggas!"

"I don't wanna hear about this ever again, even when she tell him that they better as friends."

Drizzy....good lord.

Your avatar is perfect for those quotes, sir. I was listenin like "OH man".

Meek buried HHH style.
    Post edited by ShogunZ on
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim
    edited July 2015
    https://www.facebook.com/complex/videos/10153549991159367/

He told 'em... Can't say he didn't. Drake's getting ALL the love right now and everyone's shitting on Meek. Rightfully so, but damn.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    Why didn't he release Back to Back first? I guess it doesn't matter. Meek Mill most likely has lost in this beef. Why do I say that? He came across as a little girl that Drake didn't tweet his album out, made an accusation about Drake/ghostwriters that NO ONE cares about, got put on blast with Charged Up, and got DESTROYED with Back to Back. That's not all! Right now, the majority is AGAINST him. He can't compete with Drake bars wise. At all. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Meek finds a way to release something that is even close to what Drake said.
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,873
    Why didn't he release Back to Back first? I guess it doesn't matter. Meek Mill most likely has lost in this beef. Why do I say that? He came across as a little girl that Drake didn't tweet his album out, made an accusation about Drake/ghostwriters that NO ONE cares about, got put on blast with Charged Up, and got DESTROYED with Back to Back. That's not all! Right now, the majority is AGAINST him. He can't compete with Drake bars wise. At all. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Meek finds a way to release something that is even close to what Drake said.

I dont know. I'm on drakes side right now, but objectively, yeah, there is a shit ton of stuff to get at drake about, even to him sending charlamagne champagne saying lets be friends in horrible child handwriting. lol.

With meek being a street night, that was tweet tweet tweeting away his emotions, to catch an L from drake back to back holds a lot of weight. Plus, the thing is now, meek can drop the diss, but drake wont reply anymore. If drake popped out another diss track after meeks, we're in for a good back and forth.

Drake probably got some dirt hes comfortably sitting on, because this is pretty bold of him to come at meek like this. Its like hes baiting this nigga, and then gonna drop some ish out of left field and just shut everyone the fuck up.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    Syke1 wrote: »
    I barely fick with him. Im more mad at modern disses. 3 "oh" lines dont cut it for me. Especially after we got "Real" by Freddie Gibbs last year. Back to Back was just ok. But ok is sufficient for cats these days smfh.

Yeah Real was straight up a call out. Like dude said everything. But that song flies under the radar. I mean there are too many subliminals now and days. Like Bitch in Yooo, Common straight called out Cube and it was dope.

But either way Drake got him. I just wish Meek at least dropped something, dude is literally mum on the issue now.
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2015
    I mean...Meek was the one who started this beef right?

How you gonna start a beef, but not do any rapping...to the nigga you accused of not writing his own bars?

You know how Meek looks like right now? He look like a twitter warrior is what he's looking like. How you gonna let the nigga you dissing fire the first shots at you?

Now it's like, why you even came at Drake's neck at all when he's finishing the beef YOU started?

At the end of the day, unless what Meek puts out is flames he lost. If he only comes out with something okay it's not going to be better than Drake's okay, because he fired first, and put you on blast in the process.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2015
    Son, Drake bodied this nigga. If I'm the ref, I'm calling it off right now. He got Meek looking like Zab Judah after Kosta Tszyu put it on him.

zab-judah-vs-kostya-tszyu-o.gif
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »
    Lol i skimmed his post and missed the literally.

But I was saying he is damned either way. Unless this becomes Ether ver2.0

whoa there buddy

Nas was dead to everybody for 3 months before Ether came out. It is like everyone forgets this. Nobody was checking for Esco. And I say this as the biggest Nas fan in here.

Nigga plz...

Queens is in the building. Dont go posting nonsense just bc i dont post in this thread as much as i used too.

Super Ugly > Ether. What, nigga?
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Remember this? Cass put a flame to that ass for 10 minutes straight. Comments obviously flooded with Drake/Meek references now, though.

Meek got him with that freestyle over the Hit Em Up, though. He was right about Cassidy rapping like it was still 2000. But yo...this nigga Drake put it on him so bad lol.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thurst wrote: »
    Remember this? Cass put a flame to that ass for 10 minutes straight. Comments obviously flooded with Drake/Meek references now, though.

Meek got him with that freestyle over the Hit Em Up, though. He was right about Cassidy rapping like it was still 2000. But yo...this nigga Drake put it on him so bad lol.

Cassidy came back with Catch a Body......and dismantled him LOL
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Both these dudes are weak as far as I'm concerned. Their diss tracks sound like audio slapboxing. I think folks just enjoy conflict even when it's weak.

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    Meek's always starting "beef" over some petty shit. He went on Twitter to talk shit about Wale for not immediately tweeting about his album. The guy is maaad sensitive, and he starts with people who he admires.

Starts with Wale...Your label-mate and "brother," didn't even ask what's up before excercising those Twitter Fingers™

Starts with Cassidy...A nigga who you idolized and publicly praised, he helped you come up and helped you write bars

Starts with Safaree...No one gives a fuck about that nigga

Starts with Drake...Video comes out of you and your team knocking to his shit in the whip, you Tweet mad shit, you get bodied by not one but TWO tracks, you don't say shit...you sit there with the "I eat ass" face

• Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    Meek's always starting "beef" over some petty shit. He went on Twitter to talk shit about Wale for not immediately tweeting about his album. The guy is maaad sensitive, and he starts with people who he admires.

Starts with Wale...Your label-mate and "brother," didn't even ask what's up before excercising those Twitter Fingers™

Starts with Cassidy...A nigga who you idolized and publicly praised, he helped you come up and helped you write bars

Starts with Safaree...No one gives a fuck about that nigga

Starts with Drake...Video comes out of you and your team knocking to his shit in the whip, you Tweet mad shit, you get bodied by not one but TWO tracks, you don't say shit...you sit there with the "I eat ass" face

That's what I am sayin. Like I don't like either one of those niggas, but at least make some sort of comeback or something. Especially since you started it.
  • SpycarnegySpycarnegy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Gotta pick your battles fam. lol
    EmblemLord: just block bitch
    EmblemLord: wuts so hard about it

2015 SRK Fantasy Football CHAMP
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    a15kko wrote: »
    Drake still won't respond to Kendrick or Pusha T. He knows they'll eat him up
    Exodus so classic. That beat>>>>>
    Those bars>>>>>>
    The video imagery>>>>

Beef is best served like steak, well done with a gun in ya face. Bitch nigga.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • NG1313NG1313 Joined: Posts: 1,572
    "Forbidden"? Not today! Shoryuken!!!
  • Syke1Syke1 I leave you with photographs; pictures of trickery Joined: Posts: 12,667 mod
    NG1313 wrote: »
    I swear these lists only infatuate white people. Largest vocabulary dont mean shit in terms of whether music is good or not. Its just counting meaningless shit.
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    This Meek-Drake beef is nowhere near one of the greatest beefs of all time....

Kool Moe Dee vs LL Cool J!

C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,831
    Taylor won right?
    Meek's Response track doesn't hit NEARLY as hard as Back to Back!

GG
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• TragedyKhadaafiTragedyKhadaafi ☆☆ not the pappy ☆☆ Joined: Posts: 1,341

GG

yup, was disappointed aswell. nigga need to stick to twitter

I had to listen 3 times with all that yelling. Could barely understand wtf he was saying
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• ShogunZShogunZ When's DBZ? Joined: Posts: 1,916
    Zip that cornball up, he's done. This is so wack.
    PS4 Now Playing: Destiny 2, Warframe, Skyrim

GG

was it actually on hot 97

• GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Meek confirmed top 5 worst in the game right now. I'd rather re-listen to that goofy Safaree diss.

GG

YEP
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Anyone see the 2015 movie trailer, Straight Outta Compton?

GG

YEP

so flex actually came through this time
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,421
    edited July 2015
    Was meek really trying to compare his money with Drake's?

That response was horrible.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,128
    I'm not going to bandwagon Drake and say that Meek's diss was horrible. It was OK. He definitely needed more than that. Compared to Back to Back, it falls flat. Most importantly, a lot of people are going to criticize the song because Meek rapped in his classic Philly hype loud voice which made it hard to understand his overall message at times but it's whatever. Drake is still ahead by a lot but it's good to know that he responded with something.

Fuckin' doo doo lol

• jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,873
    Oh my god, i just heard the meek diss. What is he even saying? I cant understand this spear chucker. Is this how he always raps? I've only heardd 20 seconds of a meek song before. I have never considered peeping for this guy, and i see why. Holy fuck

Did this nigga also say, you talking platinum this, and platinum this, im on the red carpet with a platinum chick???????????? How is that a win. You riding nickis coat tails in a diss. Oh my goood, this nigga gonna get donkey of the day.

FUCKING YUCK.Even whataburger shitted on you. WHATS HAPPENING? LOL

LEMME GET DAT!