The Rap Thread: News, Reviews, Rants & Opinions: Volume 9 - Yes, we know "Hip Hop"

Comments

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FrostyAU wrote: »

Really digging this whole album right now.

Yeah I like the album too, and he managed to resurrect Jay Elec from wherever he's been hibernating and get him as feature on one of his tracks. Talib never really disappoints now that I think about it. His best (non-Blackstar) work is always with Hi-Tek though.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 846

Yeah I like the album too, and he managed to resurrect Jay Elec from wherever he's been hibernating and get him as feature on one of his tracks. Talib never really disappoints now that I think about it. His best (non-Blackstar) work is always with Hi-Tek though.

Reflection eternal - train of thought is a classic
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,412
    edited November 2017
    Jay Elec hit niggas with a four bar, two rhyme scheme to start his verse on a Talib track. Madness lol.

In other news:

Live review of the track: See my avatar.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 1,013
    Who the hell is jay electronica?
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 8,888

There were definitely a few collabs on the album I didn't see coming. I loved Chips with Waka. Talib is known for more jazzy, underproduced socio-political stuff obviously and I love that about him but it was great to hear a banger.
    2 Kings 2:24
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,536
    Just saw on Twitter that cardi b flashed her tits in the club. Good lord. Y’all Better go check it out before it gets deleted.
  • KillaFoxKillaFox Resident Savage Joined: Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭✭ Junior OG
    Just saw on Twitter that cardi b flashed her tits in the club. Good lord. Y’all Better go check it out before it gets deleted.

She was a stripper before rapping iirc
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,103
    butcher on steroids from benny is dropping monday.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    bmckay wrote: »
    Jay Elec hit niggas with a four bar, two rhyme scheme to start his verse on a Talib track. Madness lol.

In other news:

Live review of the track: See my avatar.

This album goes HORD! I was going to post some of my favorite tracks this weekend lol. I love how he goes in on garbage rappers like young thug BY NAME. Dude pulls no punches but I get the feeling the government probably has bugs in his phone based on his album cover alone. lol
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    I might be wrong, (and I hope I am), but I feel like he might have sent a few at Budden early in the album lol.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Mase and Cam'ron beef? :lol:
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    They’ve been beefing since like ‘05 lol
  • VhoziteVhozite Bounce... Joined: Posts: 4,071
    New Dave East and Fab/Jada finally dropped that collab.
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,956
    God's favorite ©

This is a few months old now, stumbled over it again though and it's still brilliant,

I lost it at Houston Slab Music.
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,577
    MANNNNN that Oracle track is straight up disrespectful. I don't even know what to say about that shit.
    tenor.gif
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • KillaFoxKillaFox Resident Savage Joined: Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭✭ Junior OG

That last bar lmao

giphy.gif

cam got that tho. cam is nicer than mase lyrically IMHO and even from the snippet he posted on ig he got this.
    they're both nice tho and i wish they would just work together. it makes more sense for them to do everything together than to continue this tired beef. i feel like this is for dipset's promo run.
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,353
    KILLA!
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
  • KzohKzoh Ladies Love Cool Kev Joined: Posts: 6,353
    That nigga ate
    Flow is Key
    Epidemic_> no broad is shitting on me son
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2017
    I know this makes me a shit hip-hop fan, but I totally forgot either of these dudes existed until this beef.

So, I guess it's working? I don't know.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    i think this is fixed and i dunno how i feel about that.
    eh...

kinda kills me inside that OG's are resorting to 2017 tactics to generate buzz.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited November 2017
    Well, how many people outside of dedicated hip-hop fans even know who they are? I forgot about them, but I knew who they were. You got a lot of people out there nowadays who probably don't know shit about Mase or Cam.

To wit, I haven't even been keeping up with Mase that heavy. Wasn't he a pastor or something?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    Slurmz wrote: »
    FDream wrote: »
    Who the hell is jay electronica?

How you in a hip hop thread and don't know Jay Elec? He's the chosen one whose album will never see the light of day. :tup:

Was being sarcastic. The fact that this dude has not been dropped from roc nation yet is a miracle.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,155
    axeman61 wrote: »
    Well, how many people outside of dedicated hip-hop fans even know who they are? I forgot about them, but I knew who they were. You got a lot of people out there nowadays who probably don't know shit about Mase or Cam.

To wit, I haven't even been keeping up with Mase that heavy. Wasn't he a pastor or something?

Mase is like on his third comeback. The guy quits and comes back often enough to be a joke.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    2-D wrote: »
    Jaden Smith dropping albums, but not this nigga Jay Elec....lord...

joe budden is that you?
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Jaden’s album is actually pretty dope
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jadens always been able to rap, its just his notoriety from his father and the fact he does trash ass tweets clouded people.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited November 2017
    My problem with Jaden is that he's trying to be profound. And trying too hard. My problem with his album is that he only really has one flow.

That said, once he has some actual understanding under his belt and once he uncovers the ancient tomes containing the flows of the past, he'll be a beast.

*Edit: I just had to explain the significance of my avatar to my wife lmao.

That's the shit.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Discuss....
    Travi$ $cott better drop a project before the year ends. If i hear him say one more time:"Almost done mixing" i am going to start assuming that jay electronica is doing the final mixing.
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,753
    Joyner been a God. Been tryna tell y'all.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 1,012
    I got that nigga mixed up with Crank Lucas, & was wondering why the video wasn't funny.

Dope track though.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file