Toronto 2015 Edition

Dice01Dice01 Joined: Posts: 1,086
edited November 2014 in Canada
stay Free Let this year be the year of the Degen !
Post edited by Dice01 on
<Gerjay3Gs> I dunno yet... maybe? <Fareed> lol sounds good <Fareed> can u call me later once u can confirum weither u r coming or not?
Gerjay3Gs Quit Remote host closed the connection

Comments

• noodlemannoodleman Cancer of GTASF Joined: Posts: 5,165
    subbing
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
  • branchesbranches Joined: Posts: 3
    Happy new years!
  • MarkisrealMarkisreal Joined: Posts: 168
    I've been thinking about this, but does anyone here live in the High Park/Etobicoke/Junction area? I'm trying to get a local comic book/video game shop to host a Street Fighter venue of some sort, if you think this would be a great idea, please PM me, Im going to talk with the owner today and see if it's plausible. If you need to know more, please PM me
  • Killa SasaKilla Sasa I've made a huge mistake Joined: Posts: 609
    What's a Toryuken?
    Ultimate is dat fun.
    Peter/Clint/Laura
    GT: KillaBMike PSN: Killasasa
  • Sarge_84Sarge_84 Im gonna make mama proud Joined: Posts: 140
    I went to P mall yesterday cuz I was in the area and decided to play some Ae but sadly it was not 2012 and the player 1 side FP didn't work at all.
    Are there any machines that are 2012 and in working order?
    PSN - Sarge_84
    XBL - Spriink

"RAWR"
  • AvariceXAvariceX Joined: Posts: 2,620
    Road to Evo in Toronto hype!
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Strider | MvC2: MSP
    SFIV: Juri | 3S: Yun | ST: O.Ryu
    BB: Rachel, Makoto, u-12 | GGXrd: I-No
  • EntourageEntourage Going The Distance Joined: Posts: 118
    Subbed for later use.
    "Poor people gets bored too!"

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ViolentNin
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,187
    I've been thinking about this, but does anyone here live in the High Park/Etobicoke/Junction area? I'm trying to get a local comic book/video game shop to host a Street Fighter venue of some sort, if you think this would be a great idea, please PM me, Im going to talk with the owner today and see if it's plausible. If you need to know more, please PM me

would be nice to have something a bit closer to home. There's a bar that hosts Wed night casuals every other week at Keele & Bloor (Bar with no Name) but its strictly casual. If you're talking about Hairy T on Dundas, would be a good spot for casuals though
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

would be nice to have something a bit closer to home. There's a bar that hosts Wed night casuals every other week at Keele & Bloor (Bar with no Name) but its strictly casual. If you're talking about Hairy T on Dundas, would be a good spot for casuals though
    I did not know that. But ya, I was talking about Hairy T. Im talking with the owner tomorrow to ask about some questions, but if theres atleast 5 or 6 people that would go for it, Im sure it can work out
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    From the ST subforums:
    I just asked the A&C people on Facebook if I could bring the setup again on the 22nd. I don't see why not though previously they basically said bring it down anytime... I thought I'd ask again just in case though...

ST @ A&C on 22nd
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    is this still going on? i want to get out and play more since my online connection is spotty at best so matches aren't that fun..
    I don't know if the Hairy T casuals ever got off the ground, but 'The Bar with no Name' still does theirs. I believe next week (feb 8th) is fight game night. it's on Bloor, bout 2-3 blocks east of Keele.

edit - I wouldn't bring your super sexy sticks in case they get beer spilled on them. If you have some non-custom i'd bring that one. The customs also scare off anyone the noobs who think you'll body them!

• derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,801
    We want Toronto to come out :)
    If you read, we have RXS doing our stream. Hoping that more guys from out East come with
  • swagdaddyswagdaddy Joined: Posts: 5
    I'd love to go I wonder if we even have a team for 2012 out here.
    Whats the deal with this Bar with no name?
    The Hairy Tarantula Venue process is go hold right now, I talked with the owner, and the big problem seems to be storage space, is there anybody willing to donate a TV for the Venue (Just when the venue is on). Hairy T has no storage space, and they only have one TV. They can supply a console, and I can bring mine as well. They have no sticks there or anything so it'll have to be BYOC. Im talking with the owner about what's going to happen financially, but the only big thing right now seems to be the TV problem, we just need one or two people to pledge a TV for the night
    Soo..nothings happening in Toronto?
  • Rudechef1Rudechef1 Joined: Posts: 69
    Hey come check out a free to play event in Hamilton

https://www.facebook.com/events/353994067995166/

we'll be playing Mortal Kombat 9 (with MK Tournament Sticks to use) and Super Street Fighter IV
    Anime North is sold out of weekend passes !!!! If you are looking to get a weekend pass and you think you're good at Mortal Kombat 9 or Super Street Fighter IV then check this out
    and you could win a Set of weekend passes for Anime North
    Congratulations to Scott Fehir who won the Super Street Fighter IV tournament and to Ian Shaughnessy who came in Second place by being the winner of the Looser's Bracket. Way to go guys you have both won a set of weekend passes to Anime North
    Hey everybody GOES http://gameonentertainmentservices.com/ is

going to do another Pub Night at the Rebel's Kilt

http://www.rebelskilt.ca/ on Sunday June 24th starting at 1pm

... more details to follow soon.

GOES will also have a set of weekend passes for Polaris 26

http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/ to give away at the pub night

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-On-Entertainment-

Services/295874040475127
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-GOES/119183001548025
  • Pr3y11Pr3y11 Saikyo Legend Joined: Posts: 43
    i've been neglecting sf for the past year so i'm really far behind. gonna try to get out to some casuals occasionally.
    subbed.
    Selling HTC Diamond 2 w/8Gb MicroSD and stereo earphones, with orginal box and documents- PM for details.
    12" PowerBook G4 for sale, taking offers, PM for details.
    i've been neglecting sf for the past year so i'm really far behind. gonna try to get out to some casuals occasionally.
    subbed.

The Toronto Thread isn't very active as you can tell by the lack of postings in here. Most of the Toronto people are chatting in the #GTASF channel on IRC. As for casuals, the active places to play right now are A&C Monday's (non-capcom) and Wednesdays(capcom), and HQ open every Friday and usually Saturday.

• Pr3y11Pr3y11 Saikyo Legend Joined: Posts: 43
    The Toronto Thread isn't very active as you can tell by the lack of postings in here. Most of the Toronto people are chatting in the #GTASF channel on IRC. As for casuals, the active places to play right now are A&C Monday's (non-capcom) and Wednesdays(capcom), and HQ open every Friday and usually Saturday.
    thanks for the heads up jamin. I work weekdays so Saturday and holidays will be my only option. I'll drop in gtasf when I get a chance.
    What and where is hq btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Selling HTC Diamond 2 w/8Gb MicroSD and stereo earphones, with orginal box and documents- PM for details.
    12" PowerBook G4 for sale, taking offers, PM for details.
    thanks for the heads up jamin. I work weekdays so Saturday and holidays will be my only option. I'll drop in gtasf when I get a chance.
    What and where is hq btw?

Casuals usually run till 10pm A&C if that makes any difference. A&C usually has a tournament at least once a month, usually stickied at the top.
    HQ has their own thread on here as well, but their located in Scarborough in the Midland and Finch area. Its the Playground of the top players across the GTA

https://www.facebook.com/events/235426579893439/

Hey we're doing another pub event in Hamilton, on June 24th starting at 1pm. We will be playing AE Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat 9 and Skull Girls.

We will have a set of weekend passes for Polaris 26 http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/index.php/guests-2/ to give away, along with other prizes

click on to the facebook event and check it out
  • MatrixMarioMatrixMario I suck at 3S Joined: Posts: 95
    Question about modding the tournament edition sticks. For people that've already done it, is there a place to buy plexi glass in Toronto? Or did you all have to buy it online?
    Go home and be a family man!
  • DaDesiCanadianDaDesiCanadian orangecat av! Joined: Posts: 6,901
    Group buys online are your cheapest option
    Originally Posted by Mihai
    LOL Also, 99% implies there are at least 100 people that know me you tard. You really should invest in a proper education instead of being a bum.

Team GOES + TorontoTopTiers presents Pub Night June 24 2012 @ Rebel's Kilt, Hamilton, Ontario AE/MK - Sponsored by GDLK Apparel, 1up Games and POLARIS 26
    When: Sunday, June 24th, 2012

Where: Rebel's Kilt
    298 King Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8P 1B1
    Minors under the age of 18 will be required to wear a wristband

Venue Fee: $10 and you get $5 off your tab for drinks/food as well as 2 raffle tickets

Tournament Fees: $10 per game

Tournaments: AE2012 (360) and Mortal Kombat (PS3)

Prizes: 70/20/10 split

Rules: Double elimination
    Best 2/3 matches
    Winners/Losers/Grand Finals best 3/5 Matches
    timers: 99 Second default

Schedule: 1:00PM - Doors Open + Sign ups begin
    2:00PM - Registration closes
    3:00PM - AE2012 Starts
    4:00PM - Mortal Kombat Starts
    ** If there is left over time and interest UMVC3 may run on XBOX360

RAFFLE: $2 for 2 tickets, $4 for 5 tickets T-shirts from GDLK and 1up Games as well as a special retro console and of course 2 passes to Polaris 26!

Check out our sponsors:
    http://gdlk.ca/
    http://1upgames.ca/
    http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Polaris-Connect/139715332751599

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-GOES/119183001548025
  • PadFeiLongPadFeiLong Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey whats going on guys. I'm new to the tournament scene, just curious if there is a local place where people play in the GTA. I am also looking to run a tournament with a buddy of mine, but I want to start networking with the community first.
  • kstoutekstoute raptor hunting season!!!!! Joined: Posts: 347
    Hey whats going on guys. I'm new to the tournament scene, just curious if there is a local place where people play in the GTA. I am also looking to run a tournament with a buddy of mine, but I want to start networking with the community first.
    a&c games at bloor and spadina
  • PadFeiLongPadFeiLong Joined: Posts: 3
    True, good to hear. Sick avatar picture BTW.
    True, good to hear. Sick avatar picture BTW.
    LOL thx they usually go on wensday afternoons they have a underdog tournament tommarow
  • Linear04Linear04 Joined: Posts: 136
    does anyone netplay in toronto for xbox
    does anyone netplay in toronto for xbox
    i do
  • Linear04Linear04 Joined: Posts: 136
    what games?
    what games?
    street fighter 4 atm
  • thebigbullythebigbully Joined: Posts: 5
    Anything happening in toronto for street fighter? New here and trying to get into the scene, was wondering where's the scene at? Any tournaments or casuals anywhere? Only place I could find casuals was at A & C and I was wondering if there was any others
    Anything happening in toronto for street fighter? New here and trying to get into the scene, was wondering where's the scene at? Any tournaments or casuals anywhere? Only place I could find casuals was at A & C and I was wondering if there was any others
    hq and a and c mostly
  • KLonsoKLonso Joined: Posts: 13
    So I've been following the fighting game scene for a few months now and I'm really interested in it. I only own AE 2012, Skullgirls, and UMvC3, (all of which I'm not very good at) but is there a place where I could go to play casually in Toronto? Pubs are probably not the best idea for me considering I'm underage.
  • WatchtowerWatchtower No strong feelings Joined: Posts: 187
    A&C World and TOSF HQ are your best bet. A&C is just South of Spadina subway station while HQ is by Finch and Middlefield in Scarborough. Each have their respective threads.
  • MinyGame0MinyGame0 Joined: Posts: 43
    Theres a place in scarborough??? Do you know how to get there from stc station??
  • Maverick JMaverick J Permascrub (until further notice) Joined: Posts: 14
    Theres a place in scarborough??? Do you know how to get there from stc station??
    Haven't seen the place myself but to get to that general area you take the 129 McCowan North to Finch then take the 39 east to Middlefield (roughly around a block away). If I'm not mistaken there is a Samosa King in that area, I want to check this place out when I got the time.
    Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Valentine
    GGAC+: I-no, Anji
    UMvC3: Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom/Sentinel
    CvS2: (K) Vice/Rock/Eagle (Cammy)
    there is a bus that stops right in front if it from stc
  • MinyGame0MinyGame0 Joined: Posts: 43
    thanks for the info! im probably going to check it out this week.
  • Maverick JMaverick J Permascrub (until further notice) Joined: Posts: 14
    there is a bus that stops right in front if it from stc
    Right there's a Middlefield bus, I completely forgot about that.

Also anyone have the exact address and opening hours? I might see this place for myself tomorrow.
    Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Valentine
    GGAC+: I-no, Anji
    UMvC3: Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom/Sentinel
    CvS2: (K) Vice/Rock/Eagle (Cammy)