Toronto 2015 Edition

Comments

• ButtonMasher1998ButtonMasher1998 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi, im new to ontario. Anyone wanna try me online in SSF42012 on PSN? Im live in aurora and i am from NJ.
  • saintricksaintrick Joined: Posts: 26
    On Thursday November 8 MVP will having a UMVC 3 tournament. it will start at 5:30 and will be standard rules. plz bring your own controller. the prize is $100 first $50 second, and $25 third. It will most likely be at b207 at Humber north campus. parking is free near the b building at 5:00pm. join the Facebook group for more info ( http://www.facebook.com/groups/141516152674/10150646069832675/?notif_t=group_activity ) and it is free
  • EmilyEmily Joined: Posts: 83
    Hey guys, if I were to run SF and UMVC 3 casuals and/or tournaments on a Tuesday evening at a soon to be disclosed location, would anyone attend? It would be between 6pm - 9pm at a subway/car accessible location. I'm looking to have a minimum of 10 people attending to pull this off. If it is successful then it would be a monthly event.

Thoughts, questions, and comments are most welcome!
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    Hey guys, if I were to run SF and UMVC 3 casuals and/or tournaments on a Tuesday evening at a soon to be disclosed location, would anyone attend? It would be between 6pm - 9pm at a subway/car accessible location. I'm looking to have a minimum of 10 people attending to pull this off. If it is successful then it would be a monthly event.

If you make ita monthly event, i might bring the ST heads and my arcade board everytime (3-7 ppl including me and of the 7 of us i think 3 play umvc3 or sf4). right now im eyeballing seneca pub which is on tuesdays going to do a trial run @ the tournament on he 17th. My tuesday nights are going to be free starting january If your place is more convienient for us ( or seneca pub ends up sucking)then we may switch... Question is, are you willing to make room for SF2?
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • kstoutekstoute raptor hunting season!!!!! Joined: Posts: 347

yes i would :D
  • pharos))pharos)) secret newtype~ Joined: Posts: 5
    hey, is there a meet up place for vaughan/ richmond hill players? The closest place I know is A&C but its a bit tough getting downtown regularly for me. I don't know of any arcades in my area =/
     GGX | KOF | SSF | PIZZA PARTY
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,185
    Getty is at Leslie/7 and Hero's World at Warden/7 has casuals on Wednesdays as well. You can find related threads here
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

• worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    With the advent of the SkullGirls patch, I want to celebrate its release with a tournament at A&C World.
    It will be hosted on a saturday in december (Date pending for confirmation)

Anyone interested/available?
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have a question. Are Hitboxes allowed in Toronto Tourneys and casuals?
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    Yes.
    I use a HitBox, actually. lol

I competed in Toryuken with a HitBox and got like 5th or something in SkullGirls.
  • NerubNerub Joined: Posts: 31
    Hey guys, quick question. I'm looking to level up my UMvC3 game - pretty much live downtown Toronto. I doubt i'll do well as I have a lot of work ahead of me - but was wondering where and what the best way to do casuals with people are? I know of A&C Wednesday Marvel tournaments but I'm no where near good enough to compete it those yet. Looking for some advice. Thanks.
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Awesome. Now there's nothing stopping me from buying a Hitbox but my finances.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    Hey guys, quick question. I'm looking to level up my UMvC3 game - pretty much live downtown Toronto. I doubt i'll do well as I have a lot of work ahead of me - but was wondering where and what the best way to do casuals with people are? I know of A&C Wednesday Marvel tournaments but I'm no where near good enough to compete it those yet. Looking for some advice. Thanks.

There's plenty of casual players and games at A&C and the tourney's are usually free when they hold them on Wednesday. If you're already downtown its a no brainer to just show up and have some good matches.

• BasicsBasics Yep. It's feel. Joined: Posts: 214
    am i banned from #gtasf? wtf?
    "You couldn't shit talk if I defecated in your mouth and asked you to read this post out loud." - BigGreek
  • j0nj0n Joined: Posts: 95
    Does anyone know of any places in Toronto that sells sticks? and about how much to buy a TE or a Qanba if they sell that here. Thanks.
  • SubjectiveSubjective Joined: Posts: 171
    I thought A&C sold new sticks? Also they have heavily used communal sticks of all sorts they might sell you if you make an offer.
    I bought my Qanba from Canadian Joysticks in Vancouver for $150-$160 total with shipping
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Does anyone know of any places in Toronto that sells sticks? and about how much to buy a TE or a Qanba if they sell that here. Thanks.
    If you're looking for a Mad Catz SOUL Edition(Soul Calibur V TE-S), Hori Noir/SCV or even Hori Real Arcade Pro UMvC sticks, Heroes World(Warden & HWY 7) and a fellow local member, chowwun has new sticks for sale. I believe they range from $100 - $120, can't remember exactly. Heroes World has a couple of UMvC HRAP and Hori Noir as well as mini casual get together tonight. chowwun has a couple of SOUL Edition TE-S and probably the SSFIV themed TE-S sticks available.
    Subjective: Thanks. I gave them a call and they said they had. I'll probably have to drop by to check the communal sticks you were talking about.

Sun: did chowwun post his ticks for sale here? Thanks a lot man. I'll check heroes world out. I've never heard of it before.

Appreciate the help guys.
    Subjective: Thanks. I gave them a call and they said they had. I'll probably have to drop by to check the communal sticks you were talking about.

Sun: did chowwun post his ticks for sale here? Thanks a lot man. I'll check heroes world out. I've never heard of it before.

Appreciate the help guys.
    A&C does carry new sticks, but Chowwun has some good deals atm.

Thanks jamin. I checked with him, he only has a scv soul stick.
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Correction, Jon Ho from Heroes World has both Xbox and PS3 versions of the Hori Real Arcade Pro V series for $100.
  • GreenGreen jay's dad Joined: Posts: 2,267
    Is anybody still playing mvc2?
    pride is beautiful
    If you play MvC2, you should definitely pick up SkullGirls. It's a great game.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    STILL WAITING FOR XBOX PATCH!
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • ZatouEQZatouEQ Joined: Posts: 4
    if anyone in toronto wants to get some casuals in on fridays, check out UTSF:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/university-of-toronto-street-fighter-is-back.175131/
  • BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    Anyone still play 3S? I haven't played in forever, but would love to get some casuals in. I'm downtown during the week (Ryerson). I could bring my laptop and stick.
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    BananaWeed wrote: »
    Anyone still play 3S? I haven't played in forever, but would love to get some casuals in. I'm downtown during the week (Ryerson). I could bring my laptop and stick.
    Wow I didn't expect this to be the last post I found in the thread since I came to see if anyone was posting about 3s. I still play and am downtown.

• uhohesuhohes stay classy Joined: Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    j0n wrote: »
    Thanks jamin. I checked with him, he only has a scv soul stick.

I realize your post is a bit old, but I've got a Qanba Q4 (dual mod) in like-new condition that I'm looking to sell.
    Hi Toronto, I'm putting on an LGBT-friendly tournament on June 15th for TorontoGaymers. It's going to be small but it's sponsored by GDLK, A&C Games, Canadian Joysticks and Fuel+ coffee shop.

Here's all the info on SRK: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/178941/june-15th-2013-tog-clash-presented-by-torontogaymers-fight-club

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/554702427913736/
  • MonsyphonMonsyphon Joined: Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Is there a MVC2 scene down in T.O.? I can't play the game online cuz i have no PS3/Xbox LIVE and I'm debating on spending more time with it. I love the game but I have next to no resources to playing with non-CPUs
    EDIT: aw shoot read a bit more of the thread, Green, up to play games?
  • Kid FlowKid Flow Scrubby Ken Quickly Losing his Scrub Joined: Posts: 23
    edited June 2013
    Are there any other gamers from Toronto heading to EVO?
    I'm interested in meeting more members from the community.

Maybe do a lunch or dinner and get in some casuals before, during and after the tourney.
    Ideally like the 'Canada Room' that was the most happening spot at EVO 2011

Lemme know
    Kid Flow
    XBOX Live ID: Kid Flow 07, SSF4AE Main is Ken. I'm always looking to improve my game so I welcome any matches I can get in with any SRK members.
  • jin11jin11 Joined: Posts: 272
    Hey guys, thought I'd post here first before the trading outlet. I'm selling a Namco stick, modded with sanwa parts for $65. I've also got a ps2 -> USB converter (pelican I believe) which I can throw in there for another $10.

If anyone's interested please shoot me a PM so we can talk details, pics etc. I live in North York as well.
  • ffffffffffffff Joined: Posts: 155
    BananaWeed wrote: »

It'd be great to get enough people for some A&C meetups, even if it was only once a month or so. I've never played 3S offline.

• 36chambers36chambers Where is Sean? Joined: Posts: 92
    I'm new to the city, where can i get some games. I heard about ac games in chinatown, but that's the extent of my knowledge lol.

I live by the queensway and islington.
    I mainly play ae, but i can play sfxt, tekken, kof, 3s, and some older games.
    36chambers wrote: »
    I'm new to the city, where can i get some games. I heard about ac games in chinatown, but that's the extent of my knowledge lol.

A&C Games right by Spadina station is the best place to start. TorontoTopTiers does Capcom casuals on Wednesday nights. $5 to get into A&C World

Everybody in the GTA... TorontoGaymers are doing their next quarterly LGBT-friendly tournament at A&C Games on September 28th. SF4, Marvel, $100 pot bonus for Injustice. http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/182007/sept-28-2013-toronto-gaymers-clash-fall-2013-toronto-ontario?new=1
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    - anyone do Virtua Fighter 5 casuals in the GTA?
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • UltraCalvinUltraCalvin Joined: Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    Subjective wrote: »
    36chambers wrote: »

A&C Games right by Spadina station is the best place to start. TorontoTopTiers does Capcom casuals on Wednesday nights. $5 to get into A&C World

Is this A&C Games on going every week? I am back to Canada for 10 days and would like to get some actions to see how much everyone improved. Maybe some MM's to make it more fun hahah. I haven't played the ae version yet since they don't have that in Hong Kong arcades. And I meant they only got the old SSFIV T.T

Team STC
  • HvEHvE Sidebet LIVE? Joined: Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Come to TOSF HQ tonight. A bunch of us will be there and we'll probably BBQ as well. Heck lets do a UltraCalvin vs new Calvin MM
    HvE's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hveq
    [mtler] 4:09 pm: mike how about you post this on srk:
    [MTLSF]: mtler has left at 4:09 pm
  • UltraCalvinUltraCalvin Joined: Posts: 31
    I'll arrive tomorrow (wed). Anything happening wed or onwards?
    Team STC
  • HvEHvE Sidebet LIVE? Joined: Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yea, come to my place for casuals, Wilson is probably going to be there. I'll pm you my phone #
    HvE's stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hveq
    [mtler] 4:09 pm: mike how about you post this on srk:
    [MTLSF]: mtler has left at 4:09 pm
  • AveraenAveraen Joined: Posts: 3
    I'm visiting toronto for a night next weekend, where are you good arcades at? I'm staying downtown, but I'm willing to travel a bit.
    So nobody uses SRK anymore? Looks like Facebook groups are where it's at now
  • ffffffffffffff Joined: Posts: 155
    tbh I just check this thread once in a blue moon to see if anyone wants to start a 3S, Vsav, Jojo's, KoF 98 or MvC2 revival at A&C or something.

Someone is trying to revive local ST, which would be great.. I dream of a Toronto classic fighters tournament :O
  • RGKRGK 31st BEST in BC Joined: Posts: 151
    Heard somebody from toronto is in vancouver soon or even now? Does anyone know who it is or can speak for themself?
  • Sarge_84Sarge_84 Im gonna make mama proud Joined: Posts: 140
    anyone want to teach third strike? I'm free.
    PSN - Sarge_84
    XBL - Spriink

"RAWR"
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    edited March 2014
    I play 3rd Strike with a few guys at A&C World on Fridays usually. We've been enjoying the game since before OE came out but newer players are totally welcome to come and show their skills. Always happy to answer questions too.
    PM me if you want more info.
  • Rudechef1Rudechef1 Joined: Posts: 69
    https://www.facebook.com/events/267931660040099/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

May 4th GOES Fight Night:

Events run from 6pm - 10pm (or longer if time required for tournaments)

There will be a draw for a set of weekend passes for Anime North and a set of passes for Toryuken III

Anime North: http://www.animenorth.com/live/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=17&Itemid=210

Toryuken III: https://www.facebook.com/events/220160311506330/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

$10 venue fee; gets you two tickets for the draw and $5 at the bar. Additional Draw tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5

$5 game entry fee for a prize pool; split 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%

Fighting games will have three rounds for a single elimination bracket

2 – Injustice: God’s Among Us set ups (360)
    1 - Ultimate marvel vs Capcom 3 set up (360)
    2 - Super Street Fighter IV set ups (360)
    2 - Killer Instinct set ups (XBox One)
    1 - Smash Melee set up (GC) 4 players free for all
    1 - Smash Brawl set up (Wii) 4 players free for all
    1 - Street Fighter Alpha 3 (DC) (free play)

2 - Duck Hunt Set ups - win a retron (no fee to play)

The Duck Hunt Tournament is point based, the highest score wins. The Retron is won playing Two Duck mode

2 - Rock Band Set ups for private rooms

Check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-On-Entertainment-Services/295874040475127 for more details coming soon
  • Mike RobertsonMike Robertson Joined: Posts: 940
    Hmm, I might check it out, just before Toryuken.
    STEAM: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: OG_Rawbertson)
    PSN: OG_Rawbertson (CFN: Rawbertson)
    Honda / Necalli