Toronto 2015 Edition

Comments

• thebigbullythebigbully Joined: Posts: 5
    Anything happening in toronto for street fighter? New here and trying to get into the scene, was wondering where's the scene at? Any tournaments or casuals anywhere? Only place I could find casuals was at A & C and I was wondering if there was any others
  • kstoutekstoute raptor hunting season!!!!! Joined: Posts: 347
    Anything happening in toronto for street fighter? New here and trying to get into the scene, was wondering where's the scene at? Any tournaments or casuals anywhere? Only place I could find casuals was at A & C and I was wondering if there was any others
    hq and a and c mostly
  • KLonsoKLonso Joined: Posts: 13
    So I've been following the fighting game scene for a few months now and I'm really interested in it. I only own AE 2012, Skullgirls, and UMvC3, (all of which I'm not very good at) but is there a place where I could go to play casually in Toronto? Pubs are probably not the best idea for me considering I'm underage.
  • WatchtowerWatchtower No strong feelings Joined: Posts: 187
    A&C World and TOSF HQ are your best bet. A&C is just South of Spadina subway station while HQ is by Finch and Middlefield in Scarborough. Each have their respective threads.
  • MinyGame0MinyGame0 Joined: Posts: 43
    Theres a place in scarborough??? Do you know how to get there from stc station??
  • Maverick JMaverick J Permascrub (until further notice) Joined: Posts: 14
    Theres a place in scarborough??? Do you know how to get there from stc station??
    Haven't seen the place myself but to get to that general area you take the 129 McCowan North to Finch then take the 39 east to Middlefield (roughly around a block away). If I'm not mistaken there is a Samosa King in that area, I want to check this place out when I got the time.
    Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Valentine
    GGAC+: I-no, Anji
    UMvC3: Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom/Sentinel
    CvS2: (K) Vice/Rock/Eagle (Cammy)
    there is a bus that stops right in front if it from stc
  • MinyGame0MinyGame0 Joined: Posts: 43
    thanks for the info! im probably going to check it out this week.
  • Maverick JMaverick J Permascrub (until further notice) Joined: Posts: 14
    there is a bus that stops right in front if it from stc
    Right there's a Middlefield bus, I completely forgot about that.

Also anyone have the exact address and opening hours? I might see this place for myself tomorrow.
    Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune/Valentine
    GGAC+: I-no, Anji
    UMvC3: Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom/Sentinel
    CvS2: (K) Vice/Rock/Eagle (Cammy)
  • ButtonMasher1998ButtonMasher1998 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi, im new to ontario. Anyone wanna try me online in SSF42012 on PSN? Im live in aurora and i am from NJ.
  • saintricksaintrick Joined: Posts: 26
    On Thursday November 8 MVP will having a UMVC 3 tournament. it will start at 5:30 and will be standard rules. plz bring your own controller. the prize is $100 first $50 second, and $25 third. It will most likely be at b207 at Humber north campus. parking is free near the b building at 5:00pm. join the Facebook group for more info ( http://www.facebook.com/groups/141516152674/10150646069832675/?notif_t=group_activity ) and it is free
  • EmilyEmily Joined: Posts: 83
    Hey guys, if I were to run SF and UMVC 3 casuals and/or tournaments on a Tuesday evening at a soon to be disclosed location, would anyone attend? It would be between 6pm - 9pm at a subway/car accessible location. I'm looking to have a minimum of 10 people attending to pull this off. If it is successful then it would be a monthly event.

Thoughts, questions, and comments are most welcome!
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    Hey guys, if I were to run SF and UMVC 3 casuals and/or tournaments on a Tuesday evening at a soon to be disclosed location, would anyone attend? It would be between 6pm - 9pm at a subway/car accessible location. I'm looking to have a minimum of 10 people attending to pull this off. If it is successful then it would be a monthly event.

If you make ita monthly event, i might bring the ST heads and my arcade board everytime (3-7 ppl including me and of the 7 of us i think 3 play umvc3 or sf4). right now im eyeballing seneca pub which is on tuesdays going to do a trial run @ the tournament on he 17th. My tuesday nights are going to be free starting january If your place is more convienient for us ( or seneca pub ends up sucking)then we may switch... Question is, are you willing to make room for SF2?
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.

yes i would :D
  • pharos))pharos)) secret newtype~ Joined: Posts: 5
    hey, is there a meet up place for vaughan/ richmond hill players? The closest place I know is A&C but its a bit tough getting downtown regularly for me. I don't know of any arcades in my area =/
     GGX | KOF | SSF | PIZZA PARTY
  • Jamin3131Jamin3131 Modding Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,187
    Getty is at Leslie/7 and Hero's World at Warden/7 has casuals on Wednesdays as well. You can find related threads here
    Find me at A&C Games in Toronto Mondays and Wednesdays

• worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    With the advent of the SkullGirls patch, I want to celebrate its release with a tournament at A&C World.
    It will be hosted on a saturday in december (Date pending for confirmation)

Anyone interested/available?
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have a question. Are Hitboxes allowed in Toronto Tourneys and casuals?
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    Yes.
    I use a HitBox, actually. lol

I competed in Toryuken with a HitBox and got like 5th or something in SkullGirls.
  • NerubNerub Joined: Posts: 31
    Hey guys, quick question. I'm looking to level up my UMvC3 game - pretty much live downtown Toronto. I doubt i'll do well as I have a lot of work ahead of me - but was wondering where and what the best way to do casuals with people are? I know of A&C Wednesday Marvel tournaments but I'm no where near good enough to compete it those yet. Looking for some advice. Thanks.
  • DeathfistDeathfist Joined: Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Awesome. Now there's nothing stopping me from buying a Hitbox but my finances.
    Deathfist:
    -CONQUER, DOMINATE, OWN-
    -outwhatever your victim.
    Hey guys, quick question. I'm looking to level up my UMvC3 game - pretty much live downtown Toronto. I doubt i'll do well as I have a lot of work ahead of me - but was wondering where and what the best way to do casuals with people are? I know of A&C Wednesday Marvel tournaments but I'm no where near good enough to compete it those yet. Looking for some advice. Thanks.

There's plenty of casual players and games at A&C and the tourney's are usually free when they hold them on Wednesday. If you're already downtown its a no brainer to just show up and have some good matches.

• BasicsBasics Yep. It's feel. Joined: Posts: 214
    am i banned from #gtasf? wtf?
    "You couldn't shit talk if I defecated in your mouth and asked you to read this post out loud." - BigGreek
  • j0nj0n Joined: Posts: 95
    Does anyone know of any places in Toronto that sells sticks? and about how much to buy a TE or a Qanba if they sell that here. Thanks.
  • SubjectiveSubjective Joined: Posts: 171
    I thought A&C sold new sticks? Also they have heavily used communal sticks of all sorts they might sell you if you make an offer.
    I bought my Qanba from Canadian Joysticks in Vancouver for $150-$160 total with shipping
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Does anyone know of any places in Toronto that sells sticks? and about how much to buy a TE or a Qanba if they sell that here. Thanks.
    If you're looking for a Mad Catz SOUL Edition(Soul Calibur V TE-S), Hori Noir/SCV or even Hori Real Arcade Pro UMvC sticks, Heroes World(Warden & HWY 7) and a fellow local member, chowwun has new sticks for sale. I believe they range from $100 - $120, can't remember exactly. Heroes World has a couple of UMvC HRAP and Hori Noir as well as mini casual get together tonight. chowwun has a couple of SOUL Edition TE-S and probably the SSFIV themed TE-S sticks available.
    Subjective: Thanks. I gave them a call and they said they had. I'll probably have to drop by to check the communal sticks you were talking about.

Sun: did chowwun post his ticks for sale here? Thanks a lot man. I'll check heroes world out. I've never heard of it before.

Appreciate the help guys.
    Subjective: Thanks. I gave them a call and they said they had. I'll probably have to drop by to check the communal sticks you were talking about.

Sun: did chowwun post his ticks for sale here? Thanks a lot man. I'll check heroes world out. I've never heard of it before.

Appreciate the help guys.
    A&C does carry new sticks, but Chowwun has some good deals atm.

Thanks jamin. I checked with him, he only has a scv soul stick.
  • syn13syn13 AKibA KiSSA Manga Cafe Toronto Joined: Posts: 1,346
    Correction, Jon Ho from Heroes World has both Xbox and PS3 versions of the Hori Real Arcade Pro V series for $100.
  • GreenGreen jay's dad Joined: Posts: 2,267
    Is anybody still playing mvc2?
    pride is beautiful
    If you play MvC2, you should definitely pick up SkullGirls. It's a great game.
  • UnessentialUnessential Joined: Posts: 1,168
    STILL WAITING FOR XBOX PATCH!
    <quitjockinmystyle> everybody i wil approve what is cheating moves or not.
    STToronto https://www.facebook.com/groups/499056723549379/
    Because very few ST players check SRK anymore. mostly it's the local facebook group and NHC.
    PM me here or on facebook if you need a stick mod or repair. Same with arcade boards and superguns.
  • ZatouEQZatouEQ Joined: Posts: 4
    if anyone in toronto wants to get some casuals in on fridays, check out UTSF:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/university-of-toronto-street-fighter-is-back.175131/
  • BananaWeedBananaWeed Virtual Hobo Joined: Posts: 1,833
    Anyone still play 3S? I haven't played in forever, but would love to get some casuals in. I'm downtown during the week (Ryerson). I could bring my laptop and stick.
    Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me
    PSN = BananaWeed
  • NoMoreFunlandNoMoreFunland Perfection equals obliteration! Joined: Posts: 1,229
    BananaWeed wrote: »
    Anyone still play 3S? I haven't played in forever, but would love to get some casuals in. I'm downtown during the week (Ryerson). I could bring my laptop and stick.
    Wow I didn't expect this to be the last post I found in the thread since I came to see if anyone was posting about 3s. I still play and am downtown.

• uhohesuhohes stay classy Joined: Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    j0n wrote: »
    Thanks jamin. I checked with him, he only has a scv soul stick.

I realize your post is a bit old, but I've got a Qanba Q4 (dual mod) in like-new condition that I'm looking to sell.