Tyler Texas needs an FGC!

I'm too freeI'm too free DP to victory!!!Joined: Posts: 73
I am a street fighter player and have yet to run into another person in the FGC where i live (Lindale/Tyler) and i would like to get together with a bunch of good players and level up our skills and possibly put together a tournament or two if we can find the amount of people to do so. As my tag states I am not the best player in the world but it would be good to get offline and play some decent players lag free! So if anyone is interested please feel free to replay to this with your information and can get to some good old fashioned street fighting!

Thanks, Matt

Comments

• Nicon22Nicon22 Joined: Posts: 30
    I'm from Longview, but your right there needs to be something in this area going on. I posted in the Longview thread in when I first moved down here last spring, but didn't really get any response.
    I'm from Longview, but your right there needs to be something in this area going on. I posted in the Longview thread in when I first moved down here last spring, but didn't really get any response.
  • I'm too freeI'm too free DP to victory!!! Joined: Posts: 73
    man i have been to every game stop in tyler and they have no idea what im talking about, its like if its not about call of duty they're totally oblivious... Even when i ordered my stick they didnt even know what a fight stick was! but im still on the look out for some players around here and longview isnt too far away, if you play on x box send me your gamer tag and we will run a few sets man thanks for the reply
    Yeah, I found I had a decent size FGC back up in Indiana before we moved down here, and there's really nothing...guess there's always XBL
  • shadyinc510shadyinc510 Joined: Posts: 34
    I live in Tyler I'm down to get games in, iv been looking for people for a while now, and this is the first iv seen in a while. Let me know if u guys every want to get some games in and level up.
    Nickelndime510
    Ssf4 AE12 Main Cody
    UMVC3- Wolverine-Frank-Wesker/Ryu
    Kof13- unknown
    I live in Tyler I'm down to get games in, iv been looking for people for a while now, and this is the first iv seen in a while. Let me know if u guys every want to get some games in and level up.
    hell yeah man thats awesome! do you have a x box? send me your gt if you do, mine is wishiwereahori. If yall want to get together i have a shop that has a nice big screen that we can play on, nice open room and all that. its the dragons breath on hwy 271 in Tyler if you know where that is. thanks for the reply man
    hell yeah man thats awesome! do you have a x box? send me your gt if you do, mine is wishiwereahori. If yall want to get together i have a shop that has a nice big screen that we can play on, nice open room and all that. its the dragons breath on hwy 271 in Tyler if you know where that is. thanks for the reply man
    Sounds good just name the time I live right near there. My gt is nicklendime510.
    Nickelndime510
    Ssf4 AE12 Main Cody
    Kof13- unknown
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A lot of the old FGC has moved on. I'm still here, but I live in Longview and go to college in Marshall. At my college there's quite a few people who play AE and UMvC3 and I've been trying to figure out how to get everyone together to play some games maybe once a month somewhere closeby.
    sounds good, keep us updated on this, could be a lot of fun
    well if we need a place to meet up i can handle that, i work at firing line tattoos in Tyler and we have a big room with a 60 inch tv we can play on so we can go there, and plenty of room for more tvs if you want to bring them so we can have multiple games going on
    That sounds like a Great idea if we can get that set up
    Nickelndime510
    Ssf4 AE12 Main Cody
    Kof13- unknown
    I've been trying to schedule a meeting with the people at my college that do the room arrangements, so I can get the big conference room that they have. If it costs money, I might have to charge a small venue fee to make up some of the costs (which I'll waive if people bring setups and such). Problem with that is that they're only in the office two days a week. I do plan on making progress on this next week though before I head to Dallas on Friday to prep for the D-Town Beatdown tournament on Sunday. I am one very busy dude!
  • OUTllLAWOUTllLAW Joined: Posts: 7
    Anyone going to the SFxT Gamestop tourney next saturday in Tyler? I was hoping I could run into some fgc players there more than actually winning anything. Haha.

btw im from Longview
    Here's a bit of a progress update:

I met with the person who I thought I needed to meet with about a month ago at the college, and she instead referred me up to the head of my department of studies, who also happens to be the dean of academics for the entire campus. So next week, I'll make the initial appointment to see her and see if I can't get the conference room after that. Sorry about taking so long to give you guys a update, but I've really been busy here recently.
    GGs Sunday night on XBL...was fun even though it pointed out even more how much I suck! lol
    yeah ggs man it was fun it sucks that getting together to play is out of the question for me, i work stupid hours, but feel free if you guys want to get together and play at the hookah lounge thats cool thats what its there for... but mike keep up the good work and keep us up to date with what you have going on man
    I had a idea pop into my head recently ...

I have a house that I'm living in until the end of May, when I move to Liberty City. Why not just host the get-together here at my house? People can bring setups and PS3s/360s! As long as the place is kept clean and everyone smokes outside and puts their beer cans in the recycle bin ... I wouldn't mind hosting it here. Currently eyeing up the 27th of April, as I'll be between semesters at college after exams this next Monday & Tuesday.
    hey everybody just letting everyone know that the area i had to meet up is no longer available, oh wells...
  • darthmarthdarthmarth Hi, I'm Alisa! Now you must die! Joined: Posts: 35
    Im not much of a street fighter player but there is soul calibur V community in Tyler. We meet about twice a week to practice. We are all serious FG players to.
    Im not much of a street fighter player but there is soul calibur V community in Tyler. We meet about twice a week to practice. We are all serious FG players to.
    when and where? I've haven't played soul calibur sense the dream cast so that might be fun.
    when and where? I've haven't played soul calibur sense the dream cast so that might be fun.

We play at the house of a certain individual. Usually once during the week and again on the weekend. In the evenings.
    We play at the house of a certain individual. Usually once during the week and again on the weekend. In the evenings.
    what would one have to do to get on the good graces of said group? what days do you guys meet up, im off on sunday and monday.
  • a38006a38006 offline is the best way to play Joined: Posts: 27
    anyone trying to get in some AE,SFxT or tekken 6 casuals in ?
    what would one have to do to get on the good graces of said group? what days do you guys meet up, im off on sunday and monday.

lol you don't need to be on good graces or anything like that, we aren't stuck up snobs lol.

But I guess the guy whose house we play at would have to say its ok for people to come over.

I mainly play sc5 now. But before that I was hugely into tekken. Once ttt2u comes out I'll be playing that as my main game with calibur as a close 2nd. Unless of course tag 2 turns out to be trash which I highly doubt.
    Also is anyone interested in the new virtua fighter that comes out June 5? Its like the biggest game in the Japaneses arcades right now.

I've never played a vf game before but Ima get this one and if I like it I'll be playing that along with ttt2u and sc5.
    I mainly play sc5 now. But before that I was hugely into tekken. Once ttt2u comes out I'll be playing that as my main game with calibur as a close 2nd. Unless of course tag 2 turns out to be trash which I highly doubt.

yeah tekkentag2 looks good . im waiting for that as well . just tryijng to see what the scene is like in tayler
    yeah im down to get some games in, do you live around the tyler area? my gt on xbox is HoriMacaroni (recently changed it) but yeah im on ae right now.
    Also is anyone interested in the new virtua fighter that comes out June 5? Its like the biggest game in the Japaneses arcades right now.

I've never played a vf game before but Ima get this one and if I like it I'll be playing that along with ttt2u and sc5.
    ive never played vf either but it does looks pretty damn fun from that trailer they put out a month or so ago, my gt on xbox is HoriMacaroni thats pretty much the only way for me to get ahold of anyone at the moment...
    yeah im down to get some games in, do you live around the tyler area? my gt on xbox is HoriMacaroni (recently changed it) but yeah im on ae right now.

ill shoot you an invite . my gt is alvarez38006 .
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    I've been wanting to meet up with a FGC in the area for a long time now. My friend Alex and I are the only people I really know who play fighting games. He plays Tekken and smashes my face in, I play Street Fighter and kick his teeth out but, we're both far from where we should be and need more competition. We both live in Henderson but getting to tyler/longview has never proved a problem and we'll play damned near anything. Case in point stoned out of our minds a few days ago we were smashing each other in X-men: Mutant Academy.
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • IdentityIdentity Joined: Posts: 40
    I live in Winnsboro. Id love to come play some games. The only people i know of are in denton. I wanna play offline more. Its so much better.
    Hey there fella's like I said in a previous post the place I had lined up to meet up has been shot down at the moment, but hopefully it should be back soon or we can put all of our heads together and come up with a spot to play, maybe rotate locations or something every week. I'm trying my best to get the hookah lounge on hwy 271 to let us play there as is my boss owns that place and has plenty of room for multiple tv's, we have one big screen there at the moment. If i can get them to let us meet up there it would most likely be on sunday, but in the mean time my XBL is HoriMacaroni if you want to play some. My work hours are pretty weird, i go to work at noon and get home around 1 a.m. and off sundays and mondays but I'm usually on every night. thanks again everyone for all the replies! Hope we can get something started soon!
    That is a really nice guitar btw! fucking rad dude, you know anyone who wants to buy a guitar? i have a schecter C1 hellraiser diamond series I'm trying to get rid of.
    Fighting in a hookah bar eh? Works for me, I have a friend who lives just down the road from there. I've also wanted to ask the people at Gamexchange if they would ever host a fighting game tournament. Seems like it would be the perfect environment.
    lol the people at gamexchange can't even spell FGC let alone put on a tourny, this is east texas dude if its not COD they don't know about it, but fuck it, it's worth a shot! The only thing that I just thought of is you have to be 18 and older to be able to get into the the hookah lounge so I hope everyone is old enough lol... And if we can ever get anything started that would be my first time to ever to play someone offline, I wanna see what all the hype is about!
    Heh, come on, you know that's not true. Last time I was in there the hippie behind the counter was talking to me about old school RPGs and Fighting games. Sadly they were lacking in both. And yeah, playing offline is great because you can talk shit to the person right there. A few weeks ago my friend Alex and I were playing SSFIV the first day we were about even, the next day I won 10 fights in a row and he was still talking shit, to which I could only laugh and say "What's high score mean? is that bad? did I break it?" It's all in good fun. If I had a place of my own I'd say just come blow up my living room but, no such luck.
  • ihiryuihiryu Diet Balrog Player !KTB-BC! Joined: Posts: 3,495
    My mom lives out in Tyler, I finally went out there this past weekend. I'm not quite sure where she is in location to you guys, since she lives somewhere off of HWY 31.

It took me almost four hours to get there.

However, it doesn't seem that far from Dallas. Highway 20 to 635. Maybe you guys should visit the Dallas FC to level up. I'm closer to Austin, so it's a bit of a drive. If I ever go visit my mom for an extended amount of time, I'll try to hit you guys up for some games.
    "Go f*** yourself." MGX Dudders
    My mom lives out in Tyler, I finally went out there this past weekend. I'm not quite sure where she is in location to you guys, since she lives somewhere off of HWY 31.

It took me almost four hours to get there.

However, it doesn't seem that far from Dallas. Highway 20 to 635. Maybe you guys should visit the Dallas FC to level up. I'm closer to Austin, so it's a bit of a drive. If I ever go visit my mom for an extended amount of time, I'll try to hit you guys up for some games.
    eh Tyler is not that big man you can get anywhere you want in Tyler in 20 mins tops, i would love to go to the house of goons, but they only meet up on saturday's and i have to work all day saturday, but yeah man that would be awesome, im in the works to having a nice sized venue to play, my XBL is HoriMacaroni if you wanna play some, but I am in NO WAY EVO level so imma be pretty free but maybe you could give me a tip or two lol.
    Hey everyone, I have good news for anyone that would like to meet up and get some games in. Monday at around 7o'clock I'm going to be at the Dragons Breath IV on HWY 271 north Tyler the number there is 903-363-9899 for directions, we have one 60 inch TV there at the moment we will play on, and anyone who wants to bring an extra set up is more than welcome to do so (there is plenty of room and tables for more), I will have an Xbox and PS3 (I have no fighting games for the PS3 so if you have them you can bring them) and a couple sticks and pads there. Again it is in a hookah lounge so you have to be 18 or older to get in. I would like to make this an every week thing so if you have any questions feel free to send me a message on xbox (HoriMacaroni) or the number at my shop is 903-266-9211 and ask for Matt. Thanks again everyone, I really hope to see everybody there! P.S. I'm probably going to be at xln (bar on 5th street across from tjc) beforehand if anyone wants to catch a beer or two before we head to Dragons Breath. TIME TO GET HYPE!!!
    Oh snaps! Good deal Matt!

I wish I could attend, it's a little bit of a drive. Guys please make it there and get some games in. Next time I'm there I WILL meet up with you guys to play some games.

I just wish the drive wasn't so far.

Oh, btw, Waco is trying to start up some weeklies when school begins. When I drove from Tyler to Waco (taking 31 West) it took me through Corsicana and it was ABOUT a three hour drive. I do have a hook up at one of the hotels in Hewit (unfortunately not free, but a good discount), so maybe if y'all wanted to travel, then we could have Killeen, Waco, and Tyler all under one roof. The KTB (Killeen) have roughly six-eight ps3 w/asus monitors so we can definitely provide.

However, if this was something you guys were really interested in coming, then I could talk to the Waco guy, and see if he would host that many people.

KTB has roughly ten to sixteen members (when we're all here) Waco seems to have about five or six members.
    I might be able to go just need to make some calls. I don't have a PS3 but I have Soul Calibur IV, Super Street Fighter IV and can get Tekken 6 from a friend. Nothings set in stone but I'll try.
    Oh snaps! Good deal Matt!

I wish I could attend, it's a little bit of a drive. Guys please make it there and get some games in. Next time I'm there I WILL meet up with you guys to play some games.

I just wish the drive wasn't so far.

Oh, btw, Waco is trying to start up some weeklies when school begins. When I drove from Tyler to Waco (taking 31 West) it took me through Corsicana and it was ABOUT a three hour drive. I do have a hook up at one of the hotels in Hewit (unfortunately not free, but a good discount), so maybe if y'all wanted to travel, then we could have Killeen, Waco, and Tyler all under one roof. The KTB (Killeen) have roughly six-eight ps3 w/asus monitors so we can definitely provide.

However, if this was something you guys were really interested in coming, then I could talk to the Waco guy, and see if he would host that many people.

KTB has roughly ten to sixteen members (when we're all here) Waco seems to have about five or six members.
    what days do you guys meet up in waco?
    I might be able to go just need to make some calls. I don't have a PS3 but I have Soul Calibur IV, Super Street Fighter IV and can get Tekken 6 from a friend. Nothings set in stone but I'll try.
    do what you can man I would like to see as many people there as possible. As far as games that I have just the bare minimum of AE and sfxt...
    what days do you guys meet up in waco?

We haven't set the schedule yet. Waiting to talk to guys in Waco so we can set a date. I was thinking maybe Sunday, but I've got no say in when Waco hosts. If everything goes well for the tourney in Waco tomorrow, then KTB will continue to host tourney's in Waco, but the date will change for sure.

I can probably use the venue there if Tyler would really be interested in coming to play in Waco though.
    do what you can man I would like to see as many people there as possible. As far as games that I have just the bare minimum of AE and sfxt...

Fuck yeah sounds fun to me as I haven't played either one. Anyway it all boils down to what my friend Alex is doing on monday as he would be my ride, he's interested but his schedule is hectic. It's funny too he's talking shit already. "I'll show up and smash everyone there!" He won't, so feel free to knock him down a few thousand pegs.
    So what will be the main game played at this gathering? I assume it's AE 2012. Unfortunately I don't play street fighter but if anyone is going that wants to play tekken or soul calibur I would definitely show up to this.
    So what will be the main game played at this gathering? I assume it's AE 2012. Unfortunately I don't play street fighter but if anyone is going that wants to play tekken or soul calibur I would definitely show up to this.
    i dont have tekken myself, but if you want to bring it im sure we can figure something out, and feel free to bring your whole group man and if you have your own set up you can bring you can have your own tekken station.
    i dont have tekken myself, but if you want to bring it im sure we can figure something out, and feel free to bring your whole group man and if you have your own set up you can bring you can have your own tekken station.

I can bring the games and my ps3 but my 40 inch tv would be to hard to move. My grope is at A-kon this weekend so I'm not sure if they will come to this gathering. But I know one of them has an asus evo monitor he might bring if he comes.
    I can bring the games and my ps3 but my 40 inch tv would be to hard to move. My grope is at A-kon this weekend so I'm not sure if they will come to this gathering. But I know one of them has an asus evo monitor he might bring if he comes.

Just strap it to your back like a book-bag!