Tyler Texas needs an FGC!

Comments

• IkaruIkaru Registered Pro Joined: Posts: 1,233
    I play SF, pretty much the only game I play, I played P4A for a little bit don't play it as much as I did trying to concetrate on street fighter at the moment as well.
    Just text me whenever man, I'm usually down to game.
    AE2012 - Ken
    KoFXIII - Kyo/Undecided/Undecided(
    MvC3 - Dante/Vergil/Undecided
    AH3 - Clarice
  • darthmarthdarthmarth Hi, I'm Alisa! Now you must die! Joined: Posts: 35
    Could you PM me Ron's address? I'll see about coming Friday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know his address I just know where he lives. You got his number?
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, I got his number. I'll text him later this evening and see if I can swing by.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Texted Ron, he's busy this weekend. I'm busy as fuck Saturday and Sunday with prior committments in Kilgore and Marshall, so if I made it out anywhere it'd have to be tomorrow night and I'd have to leave kinda early (9-10ish). I may give Ryan and the Longview crew a call and seeing about getting some games in tomorrow with them.
    alright, I'm wanting to get a headcount as to how many of us are driving to Plano for Barfights in two weeks. I'm arriving with my wife the day before (Friday the 7th, which is two weeks from the date of this post) and I'll have my PS3/360 systems in tow along with my LG monitor. The hotel chain my wife and I frequent (Comfort Suites) tends to have HDTVs in the rooms, and they normally don't have problems with us having guests in the room either to a point. So what I'm saying basically is I want to have a meetup before the event and we can play any of the event games (I am going to have a rental copy of UMvC3 on hand since my copy got jacked out of my house) from 7pm - 1am on the 7th. If you're interested, shoot me a PM or simply reply to the thread before Thursday the 6th.

Also, my campus will have bi-weekly ranbats starting in mid-January, so if you feel like getting some games in ... the time will soon be near.
  • I'm too freeI'm too free DP to victory!!! Joined: Posts: 73
    Just text me whenever man, I'm usually down to game.
    why you no accept my friend request..?
    my plans have changed. I will not be staying overnight in Dallas, instead my wife and I will be leaving the day of @ 7am. Dependent on whether or not I am bringing someone from my college who wishes to participate; I will have 2, maybe 3 seats open in my vehicle for people who need a ride. Each person who fills a seat will need to bring up to $20 to cover the cost of gas to and from the venue. If you're interested, let me know via PM ASAP so I can take a count.
    my plans have changed. I will not be staying overnight in Dallas, instead my wife and I will be leaving the day of @ 7am. Dependent on whether or not I am bringing someone from my college who wishes to participate; I will have 2, maybe 3 seats open in my vehicle for people who need a ride. Each person who fills a seat will need to bring up to $20 to cover the cost of gas to and from the venue. If you're interested, let me know via PM ASAP so I can take a count.
    Well I hope you get a few people to go with you man, I wish I could but all I do is work work work lol. One of these days though I will go to a tournament so I can get 0-2'ed and sit in the corner for the rest of the time! but until then I will just have to stick to the ol' XBL and possibly get those meets going at geek world soon on the weekends. But good luck man I wish you the best and hope you do well and a safe trip!
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    What is this Geek World you speak of and where can I find it? Actually from the pics on google it looks like the inside of the old Ground Zero comics.
    Bah, I really need to move to Tyler. Henderson has nothing going on.
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • Blue SwordBlue Sword What's a main? Joined: Posts: 316
    Hello guys. Me and a group of friends are looking for a group to try to level up with here in the East Texas area. We reside in Nacogdoches which is only a little under an hour south of Tyler. I don't know about you guys but online seems to be our last resort at leveling up. We have a group of people here of about 8 or so people that play AE/Marvel/Tekken with the few of them I play with frequently maining Marvel. I love all fighting games so I try to level up in Persona as well as I really love that game. How active are you guys and when and where do you have sessions. If you can't tell I am pretty hungry to get better so more competition sounds great if possible.
    SSF4 AE Mains: Guile, Dudley, Fei. Main in progress: Akuma.
    UMvC3: Nova/Spencer/Magneto, Nova/Spencer/Strange, Magneto/Doom/Vergil.
    Persona 4 Arena: Akihiko. Main in progress: Chie.
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Kazuya/Paul, Kazuya/Lei. Mains in progress: Doing research.
    Hello guys. Me and a group of friends are looking for a group to try to level up with here in the East Texas area. We reside in Nacogdoches which is only a little under an hour south of Tyler. I don't know about you guys but online seems to be our last resort at leveling up. We have a group of people here of about 8 or so people that play AE/Marvel/Tekken with the few of them I play with frequently maining Marvel. I love all fighting games so I try to level up in Persona as well as I really love that game. How active are you guys and when and where do you have sessions. If you can't tell I am pretty hungry to get better so more competition sounds great if possible.

If Tyler/Nac/Longview could all get together we could have us a pretty good size tournament.

If anyone wants to hit me up for some online games hit me on psn/xbl. I mainly play tekken right now but I also play soul calibur and persona.

psn shadow_monarch33

xbl ShadowMonarch33
    If Tyler/Nac/Longview could all get together we could have us a pretty good size tournament.

If anyone wants to hit me up for some online games hit me on psn/xbl. I mainly play tekken right now but I also play soul calibur and persona.

psn shadow_monarch33

xbl ShadowMonarch33

That's what I am trying to find out. How many people are around here that play? I have about 8 guys here in Nac who regularly play and traveling to Houston or Dallas every week is unrealistic.
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Kazuya/Paul, Kazuya/Lei. Mains in progress: Doing research.
    Also feel free to add me too.

psn: BlueSword3
    xbl: Blue Sword3
    That's what I am trying to find out. How many people are around here that play? I have about 8 guys here in Nac who regularly play and traveling to Houston or Dallas every week is unrealistic.

Right now in Tyler its just me and one other guy. We play at his house every week or so and sometimes the Longview crew will come down and play as well.

I'm not sure how many players there are in Longview I
    There was a few people in Tyler having SF gatherings a while back but I don't don't think those are going on anymore.
    There was a few people in Tyler having SF gatherings a while back but I don't don't think those are going on anymore.
    I'd like for us to start having gatherings somewhere in the East Texas area. I know that Ronnie (who's SRK account name is unknown to me) is trying to get a regular thing going at Geek World in Tyler. I did talk with the manager Mark before this post, and he's willing to charge $5 a setup (that's monitor & console) to cover costs on his end. I know we're stretched out all over the place, but we should try to support this endeavor to the best of our abilities and do our best to travel to Dallas when we can.
  • mobbdeepmobbdeep king of srk Joined: Posts: 371
    I'd like for us to start having gatherings somewhere in the East Texas area. I know that Ronnie (who's SRK account name is unknown to me) is trying to get a regular thing going at Geek World in Tyler. I did talk with the manager Mark before this post, and he's willing to charge $5 a setup (that's monitor & console) to cover costs on his end. I know we're stretched out all over the place, but we should try to support this endeavor to the best of our abilities and do our best to travel to Dallas when we can.

im down for it im willing to support this but i want to know who is coming though it makes no sense to do this if nobody is gonna show up
    Beast_Mode552 capcom fight id
    I'm totally down for playing at GW we just need to agree when we can all meet. And people need actually show up when they say they will....... I'm just sayin
    im down for it im willing to support this but i want to know who is coming though it makes no sense to do this if nobody is gonna show up

Hey mobbdeep what games do you play?
    I will be out of town next weekend up at Fight Club in Ft. Worth playing with the DFW crew, other than that and D-Town Beatdown in February (on the 9th) I'm free ... let's set a meetup for Saturday, February 2nd (tentative date) at Geek World in Tyler ... everyone okay with 1pm - 9pm (or later) to get some matches in? I'm currently eyeing AE/Marvel on 360 and Tekken Tag 2/Skullgirls/SFxT v.2013 (with DLC) on PS3 on my setups I'll be bringing. Dependent on interest, I'll have Guilty Gear AC+ for play on either system.

I will be visiting with Mark Franzen (Geek World's manager) next week before I leave for Dallas on Friday to help mobbdeep lay the groundwork for the meetup. One thing I will stress though that is quite important is that we have to make this happen on a regular basis, and surely we can do two meetups a month. I can make that, and if we need to have an alternate location down the line, I can talk with my department chair at the college about getting us access to the conference room on my campus. Also of note is GW's $5 setup fee per console and monitor pair (basically to cover electricity used by our setups)

Also of note, Evo is coming up and has had the games announced. Is anyone in the thread interested in going to Vegas? I have to decide by the end of the month between it and a couple of other things in the summer (MLG is in March, Quakecon is in August).
    Hey mobbdeep what games do you play?
    super street fighter 4 arcade edition street fighter x tekken and tekken tag tournament 2

i don't mess with marvel vs capcom 3 or king of fighters or any other fighting game
    I will be out of town next weekend up at Fight Club in Ft. Worth playing with the DFW crew, other than that and D-Town Beatdown in February (on the 9th) I'm free ... let's set a meetup for Saturday, February 2nd (tentative date) at Geek World in Tyler ... everyone okay with 1pm - 9pm (or later) to get some matches in? I'm currently eyeing AE/Marvel on 360 and Tekken Tag 2/Skullgirls/SFxT v.2013 (with DLC) on PS3 on my setups I'll be bringing. Dependent on interest, I'll have Guilty Gear AC+ for play on either system.

I will be visiting with Mark Franzen (Geek World's manager) next week before I leave for Dallas on Friday to help mobbdeep lay the groundwork for the meetup. One thing I will stress though that is quite important is that we have to make this happen on a regular basis, and surely we can do two meetups a month. I can make that, and if we need to have an alternate location down the line, I can talk with my department chair at the college about getting us access to the conference room on my campus. Also of note is GW's $5 setup fee per console and monitor pair (basically to cover electricity used by our setups)

Also of note, Evo is coming up and has had the games announced. Is anyone in the thread interested in going to Vegas? I have to decide by the end of the month between it and a couple of other things in the summer (MLG is in March, Quakecon is in August).

Sounds good to me Mike. I'm really only interested in tekken at the moment but if people are there playing SCV or persona I'll definitely play those games to.

I'm pretty sure Ron will also be down for this to.
    Sounds good to me Mike. I'm really only interested in tekken at the moment but if people are there playing SCV or persona I'll definitely play those games to.

I'm pretty sure Ron will also be down for this to.
    u got xbox im getting my xbox tomorrow
    u got xbox im getting my xbox tomorrow

yeah im on xbox and psn feal free to add me

psn shadow_monarch33
    xbl ShadowMonarch33
    Well I'm glad we are finally getting somewhere with the meet ups, and good luck to you at the D-town Beat down Mike hope you have fun and do well!! Too bad for me that I won't be able to make it to your meetings at Geek World, I have to work on Saturdays till midnight or later, but I really hope everyone who can show up does it would be awesome to have a scene out here. Again I hope everyone makes it out to Geek world it would be a lot of fun I'm sure. NO MORE ON-LINE FOR EAST TEXAS ANYMORE!!! lol Good luck fellas hope it all works out well for you guys.
    I actually will be going to talk with Mark Thursday evening to hammer out all the details. This will include where our setups will go and the possibility of streaming. I am also currently looking into video capture resources that don't require a PC outside of uploading.

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 using Tapatalk 2
    Okay, big list of stuff to go through for the meetup (facebook event is at http://is.gd/etfcroundone if you guys want to sign up for it and have facebook).

What I will (hopefully) have:
    Two PS3 consoles (one backwards compatable) - confirmed
    Two 360 consoles - confirmed
    Four Asus lagless monitors (*pending wife's okay to buy)

What I do have game-wise (PS3):
    AE v. 2012
    SFxT (DLC characters will be purchased prior to meetup and upgraded to v. 2013)
    KOF13 (w/EX character unlocks)
    Tekken Tag 2 (all the DLC characters and stages)
    Skullgirls
    Arcana Heart 3
    Tekken 5: DR
    Tekken 6
    Soul Calibur 5 (all characters unlocked)
    Persona 4 Arena
    I'm also sure I have a copy of Blazblue: CS1 in my binder (I'll make sure to see about getting the latest version)

What I do have game-wise (360)
    AE v. 2012
    UMvC3 (buying Shuma and Jill next week for those who want to play them)
    Dead or Alive 5 (lol boobs :p)

Still up in the air game-wise:
    Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (360/PS3)

What I could use equipment-wise for the meetup:
    Asus Lagless Monitors (anyone who brings one of these will be a genuine hero!)
    Extra power strips
    Extra 360s and PS3s will not be turned away (however, $5 will need to be paid to hook in to GW's electricity)
    Donations for give-aways (yes, I plan on doing giveaways pretty much every meetup)
    Extra copies of games (if we happen to have extra setups, this will work!)

What I could use people-wise for the meetup:

Bring as many people as you can fit into your vehicles and come to this! Also, I will ask about outside non-alcoholic drinks and food, but I'm certain they won't mind as long as we pick up after ourselves.

VERY IMPORTANT STUFF BELOW:

Also, I cannot stress this enough ... GW is a family-friendly enviroment and there will be absolutely zero tolerance for unreasonable/bad behavior. Cursing within earshot of little kids (and even some teenagers) will NOT fly at all, and if I, Chandra (my wife who will be helping that day), or Mark (or members of his staff) happen to catch it, you'll probably be asked to step outside as a warning. Watch your popoffs, and yes I know there will be massive quantities of sodium over matches, but please keep it respectful is all I am gonna say in this regard.

I will be busy the next couple of weeks trying to wrangle stuff together, including the game schedule. Sign-ups will start at 11am, Casuals will start up at around noon and everything after that is pretty much a tossup. I need input as to what you guys want to be played, that way I can get everything setup. Please post here if you can make it!
    Okay, big list of stuff to go through for the meetup (facebook event is at http://is.gd/etfcroundone if you guys want to sign up for it and have facebook).

What I will (hopefully) have:
    Two PS3 consoles (one backwards compatable) - confirmed
    Two 360 consoles - confirmed
    Four Asus lagless monitors (*pending wife's okay to buy)

What I do have game-wise (PS3):
    AE v. 2012
    SFxT (DLC characters will be purchased prior to meetup and upgraded to v. 2013)
    KOF13 (w/EX character unlocks)
    Tekken Tag 2 (all the DLC characters and stages)
    Skullgirls
    Arcana Heart 3
    Tekken 5: DR
    Tekken 6
    Soul Calibur 5 (all characters unlocked)
    Persona 4 Arena
    I'm also sure I have a copy of Blazblue: CS1 in my binder (I'll make sure to see about getting the latest version)

What I do have game-wise (360)
    AE v. 2012
    UMvC3 (buying Shuma and Jill next week for those who want to play them)
    Dead or Alive 5 (lol boobs :p)

Still up in the air game-wise:
    Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (360/PS3)

What I could use equipment-wise for the meetup:
    Asus Lagless Monitors (anyone who brings one of these will be a genuine hero!)
    Extra power strips
    Extra 360s and PS3s will not be turned away (however, $5 will need to be paid to hook in to GW's electricity)
    Donations for give-aways (yes, I plan on doing giveaways pretty much every meetup)
    Extra copies of games (if we happen to have extra setups, this will work!)

What I could use people-wise for the meetup:

Bring as many people as you can fit into your vehicles and come to this! Also, I will ask about outside non-alcoholic drinks and food, but I'm certain they won't mind as long as we pick up after ourselves.

VERY IMPORTANT STUFF BELOW:

Also, I cannot stress this enough ... GW is a family-friendly enviroment and there will be absolutely zero tolerance for unreasonable/bad behavior. Cursing within earshot of little kids (and even some teenagers) will NOT fly at all, and if I, Chandra (my wife who will be helping that day), or Mark (or members of his staff) happen to catch it, you'll probably be asked to step outside as a warning. Watch your popoffs, and yes I know there will be massive quantities of sodium over matches, but please keep it respectful is all I am gonna say in this regard.

I will be busy the next couple of weeks trying to wrangle stuff together, including the game schedule. Sign-ups will start at 11am, Casuals will start up at around noon and everything after that is pretty much a tossup. I need input as to what you guys want to be played, that way I can get everything setup. Please post here if you can make it!

Damm Mike look at you making everything super legit. People better show they ass up after you put all this effort into making this happen.

I'm defiantly in there.
    Damm Mike look at you making everything super legit. People better show they ass up after you put all this effort into making this happen.

I'm defiantly in there.

yo im on xbox hit me up
    Snip
    Thank you Mike for taking the initiative and starting something, makes me glad I revived this thread looking for competition. I will talk to as many people here in Nac as possible and see who will be able to make it out.(I have already signed up as maybe on the FB page.) If you guys need stuff I can see what we can do on our part.
    Anyone else in the thread looking for people to add online go ahead and add me. Info is above.
    Anyone else in the thread looking for people to add online go ahead and add me. Info is above.
    my xbox gt is freakytag6
    Alright, here's a small, pre-birthday update (tomorrow I turn 34 and will have marked my 16th year of playing fighting games):

The meetup will need monitors and/or TVs for the consoles. If you bring a monitor or TV (either along with a console or solo), I will make arrangements to pay your setup cost. I simply do not have the resources available presently to drop $600+ on just monitors for the meetup. Well, that and my wife said no :p

As a thank you to our hosts, we (my wife and I) will be buying the store (and whoever is in it at the time) Pizza around 6pm. There will more than likely be a donation jar setup at registration to help with the cost of this. If you want to bring sodas and chips to eat/drink during the meetup, that's fine with me but please bring enough to share if you can. Geek World will also have drinks for sale :)

Here's a general idea of what I have planned out as far as setups go for the 2nd:

1 full-time AE station (360)
    1 full-time Marvel station (360)
    1 full-time Tekken Tag 2 station (PS3)
    1 full-time PS3 station with various games (SFxT/Skullgirls/GG AC+/others)
    other setups TBD

I've also had people from the Smash community around East Texas get in contact with me as well, and we'll have a spot for them as well. If all goes right, we'll have two Smash setups for people to float between. I will nail everything down hopefully on Thursday, and post in the evening when I get back from Tyler.
    Alright, here's a small, pre-birthday update (tomorrow I turn 34 and will have marked my 16th year of playing fighting games):

The meetup will need monitors and/or TVs for the consoles. If you bring a monitor or TV (either along with a console or solo), I will make arrangements to pay your setup cost. I simply do not have the resources available presently to drop $600+ on just monitors for the meetup. Well, that and my wife said no :p

As a thank you to our hosts, we (my wife and I) will be buying the store (and whoever is in it at the time) Pizza around 6pm. There will more than likely be a donation jar setup at registration to help with the cost of this. If you want to bring sodas and chips to eat/drink during the meetup, that's fine with me but please bring enough to share if you can. Geek World will also have drinks for sale :)

Here's a general idea of what I have planned out as far as setups go for the 2nd:

1 full-time AE station (360)
    1 full-time Marvel station (360)
    1 full-time Tekken Tag 2 station (PS3)
    1 full-time PS3 station with various games (SFxT/Skullgirls/GG AC+/others)
    other setups TBD

I've also had people from the Smash community around East Texas get in contact with me as well, and we'll have a spot for them as well. If all goes right, we'll have two Smash setups for people to float between. I will nail everything down hopefully on Thursday, and post in the evening when I get back from Tyler.

I bet Mark would let us use his monitors out of his LAN center area. The only problem is they probably don't have sound on them.
    how many monitors does he have that we could possibly use??
    I don't have any monitors but I can ask around and see what we can gather up. Maybe a PS3 and a couple XBoxes and a few SDTVs can make it over there.
    I don't have any monitors but I can ask around and see what we can gather up. Maybe a PS3 and a couple XBoxes and a few SDTVs can make it over there.

That'll work!
    okay folks, I have talked with Mark over at Geek World and I have some good news (and a date change). The 2nd won't work because of a new Magic expansion coming out that weekend, so our meetup has been moved two weeks to the 16th of February. This is the final date and Geek World has asked me to send them the event info on Facebook so they can do promotional material for us. I am planning for 10 setups overall, as this will be my $50 I have set aside to cover the fees.

I'll work on the schedule for the meetup this weekend while I'm out of town in Dallas, but I will be making trips to visit the DFW Fight Club crew and regulars, and the Dustloop regulars on Saturday.
    okay folks, I have talked with Mark over at Geek World and I have some good news (and a date change). The 2nd won't work because of a new Magic expansion coming out that weekend, so our meetup has been moved two weeks to the 16th of February. This is the final date and Geek World has asked me to send them the event info on Facebook so they can do promotional material for us. I am planning for 10 setups overall, as this will be my $50 I have set aside to cover the fees.

I'll work on the schedule for the meetup this weekend while I'm out of town in Dallas, but I will be making trips to visit the DFW Fight Club crew and regulars, and the Dustloop regulars on Saturday.
    I went ahead and posted on Dustloop for you with the link to this thread. Would you like to take it down so you can set your own up or just update it?
    I went ahead and posted on Dustloop for you with the link to this thread. Would you like to take it down so you can set your own up or just update it?

I updated it with the updated date and time frame. I'll give Geek World the event info when I get back on Sunday.
    i need help in street fighter 4 anybody in live palestne texas
    i need help in street fighter 4 anybody in live palestne texas

I don't think that any of the guys who've posted here live in Palestine. I used to frequent there after I graduated from high school if that tells you anything.

Anyway, incoming huge meetup update (taken directly from Facebook)!

Alright all, here's a small (well, not really small) update ... we're closing in on two weeks out from the 16th of February. The date has been finalized and is set in stone as of today. Thanks to DarthMarth's suggestion of leasing the venue's monitors for the day, we will now have two HD 360 setups running AE 2012 and UMvC3 all day, and two HD PS3 setups running Tekken Tag 2 along with various other games (SFxT v.2013 with DLC characters, GGAC+, Skullgirls). We will also have at least two Smash Bros. setups for our area Brawl and Melee players.

There will be tournaments with a $5 signup fee as well, and as of right now the three main tournaments during the meetup will be AE, Marvel, and Tekken Tag 2. Dependent on how many Smash Bros. players show up, we will run a tournament for you guys as well with a $5 entry. Dependent on interest, there may be more tournaments in Street Fighter x Tekken and/or Guilty Gear Accent Core+, with the possible option for a "Player's Choice" tournament.

I also need a list of who's bringing a TV in, so that I can keep track of the setups I'm paying for. Remember, I only have enough money to pay for 10 setups @ $5 a piece. If you're planning on bringing a TV or Monitor to the meetup, either comment on this post or send a email to seraphbuf at gmail dot com with the subject line East Texas Fight Club Monitor. If you don't put the subject title in, I can't filter it properly and that can lead to problems. I'll be putting the schedule together this weekend with a general timeframe for everything, and once I get done with that it'll go up here and on SRK as well.

One thing we will need is DVI to HDMI cables or adapters for the monitors. I may have enough to cover this on my end, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

edit: I will be testing the monitors at GW before the meetup on the 16th starts. Theoretically, as long as the refresh time on these monitors is 5ms GTG or less; the games should work fine.
    The tournament stuff has been posted online. Once I get home, I will update with the links to both tournaments here on SRK and Tekken Zaibatsu.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Here's the tentative schedule for the event on the 16th (everything is subject to my and Geek World's discretion):

11am - on-site registration starts (If I don't have you down for bringing a setup, you will need to pay the $5 fee)

12:30pm - on-site registration will end at this time (give or take 5 - 10 minutes) / Casuals will start after some brief announcements.

3:00pm - Tournament registrations will start for 5 tournaments: AE 2012 (360), UMvC3 (360), Tekken Tag 2 (PS3), Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii), and Skullgirls (PS3). All tournaments will have a $5 entry fee, with the exception of Skullgirls (which will be a $10 entry fee). All tournaments will be run in a double-elimination format. Payouts for all tournaments (except for Skullgirls) will be 70/20/10. All entry fees for the Skullgirls tournament will go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer.

At 5pm, Registrations for the tournaments will stop and we will take a 30 minute break from casuals to eat the pizza that will be provided courtesy of myself and my wife.

6pm - Tournaments will start. Expect Chaos! If you're not playing in a tournament, Casuals will continue until around Midnight.

We should be ending around midnight, but again be mindful of the 11pm curfew the city of Tyler has for minors (if you're under 18).

Dedicated Setups:
    Super Street Fighter 4 AE v.2012 - (360)
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - (360)
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - (PS3)

Games on Rotation on PS3 (if you have a extra PS3, please bring it!):
    Street Fighter x Tekken v.2013 (with DLC characters!)
    Skullgirls
    King of Fighters XIII (EX Characters unlocked)
    and many more!

See you guys when the forums come back up!
  • DashKidDashKid Joined: Posts: 111
    ??? Tournies won't start till 6 pm???? Damn any way we can get this to start earlier????
  • nintendofreak768nintendofreak768 Joined: Posts: 47
    I'm sure they will if people voice it.

Expect a few dfw players (including myself) to make an appearance. Better hold up my hometown guys.

(I'm actually from Marshall but eh.)
  • DashKidDashKid Joined: Posts: 111
    Yeah I am from Dallas too. I want to back at Dallas before 2 am at least.
    Sorry for not paying attention to the thread guys. To answer the main question, yes the tournaments will start earlier and the registrations for them will be start at 12:30 tomorrow after announcements.
    This is an after-the-fact post.

We had 45 people come out to the Round 1 event last Saturday, which was awesome. We had limited room for setups in GW because we were limited to two tables, but we made it work. Many thanks to everyone that came out last week, we had one cat drive in from Amarillo (which is pretty awesome)!

Many thanks to Mattikus_gaming for streaming Marvel and AE for us on limited internet. Matches for both AE and Marvel should be under his Youtube account, which is Thematt903. Also, a big shoutout goes to the DNS squad and Arkanis for running commentary on Marvel, and we hope you will return for the Round Two event!

Also, a big thanks goes to Jared and the Tyler Smash Scene for showing up and bringing setups (and helping with Tiopro). We also raised around $40 for the Susan G. Komen foundation with our Skullgirls tournament, and that donation will be made soon.

Also, we're doing a donation drive to fund the purchase of 4 Asus Lagless monitors - if you can spare some cash, please donate ;https://www.wepay.com/donations/etfcmonitordrive. We're 35% of the way there thanks to one person donating $250.

Round 2 event information may be posted as soon as this coming Friday (March 1st). It depends on when I will have time to travel to Lindale and secure the facility.