Tyler Texas needs an FGC!

Comments

• Nicon22Nicon22 Joined: Posts: 30
    No games for me tonight, feelin under the weather...catch ya next week
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    A.R.K. V is about a month away and we'd love to see all you guys there! We're expecting about 200 people from ~10 different states (including confirmed attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Louisiana, California, and Oklahoma) and are throwing in at least $1400 in bonus pots to support some of our games (including $600 each for AE and UMvC3). It will be on August 25th/26th in Jacksonville, AR with games such as Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, King of Fighters XIII, Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Soul Calibur V, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and SkullGirls.

For more information (including an estimate on how much 1st/2nd/3rd will win in AE/UMvC3), visit the official thread here (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-25-2012-ark-v-1400-bonus-pots-feat-the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.158608/) or holler at me. For anyone who wants to come, I heavily encourage you to preregister online at www.arktourney.com/registration before August 18th to save money on venue fee.
  • darthmarthdarthmarth Hi, I'm Alisa! Now you must die! Joined: Posts: 35
    A.R.K. V is about a month away and we'd love to see all you guys there! We're expecting about 200 people from ~10 different states (including confirmed attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Louisiana, California, and Oklahoma) and are throwing in at least $1400 in bonus pots to support some of our games (including $600 each for AE and UMvC3). It will be on August 25th/26th in Jacksonville, AR with games such as Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, King of Fighters XIII, Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Soul Calibur V, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and SkullGirls.

For more information (including an estimate on how much 1st/2nd/3rd will win in AE/UMvC3), visit the official thread here (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-25-2012-ark-v-1400-bonus-pots-feat-the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.158608/) or holler at me. For anyone who wants to come, I heavily encourage you to preregister online at www.arktourney.com/registration before August 18th to save money on venue fee.

I'm probably going to to this and then UCC the week after :) Two majors in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm probably going to to this and then UCC the week after :) Two majors in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome! Always great to see people supporting the local tournies :)
    If you can also eliminate all the frauds flying in from Cali or wherever, we'd appreciate it too lol.
    Wife is stuck late at work with our car, I have no way to make it over there. Guess I'll just catch you guys next week.
  • I'm too freeI'm too free DP to victory!!! Joined: Posts: 73
    Wife is stuck late at work with our car, I have no way to make it over there. Guess I'll just catch you guys next week.
    the place we usually meet up started closing at 8 o'clock last week so I'm in the works of trying to find a new place for us to play, so as of yet there won't be any meets untill further notice sorry dude...

Man that sounds like a good time and I would love to go but my free-ness would just make us look bad and waste everyone's time lol, I doubt my work schedule would even let me participate, one day though I would like to go to a tourny especially a major like that one they look like so much fun! It would be a good learning experience for sure.
    Man that sounds like a good time and I would love to go but my free-ness would just make us look bad and waste everyone's time lol, I doubt my work schedule would even let me participate, one day though I would like to go to a tourny especially a major like that one they look like so much fun! It would be a good learning experience for sure.
    If you can't go, I understand and it's all good. Life comes first. On the other hand, you wouldn't be wasting anybody's time by going to this tournament or any other tournament. Tournaments are about building and supporting the community. You also learn a lot going to tournaments and competing even if you go 0-2. I heavily discourage people in our community from hating on less experienced players that don't do as well, because I believe that the newer players might have a lot of potential that they just haven't unlocked yet. In any case, sorry you can't make it. Maybe next time :)
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm gonna make a new thread for the area. Please make a best effort to post in it once it's created!

edit: thread created, go to http://is.gd/25SilE to access it!
    why?
  • ihiryuihiryu Diet Balrog Player !KTB-BC! Joined: Posts: 3,495
    Hey guys, I know this is a huge drive for you guys, but KTB is having a get together in Waco. We're going to rent out the meeting room at the hotel here and get some games in.

http://www.facebook.com/events/147498785389249/147773438695117/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

It's next month, plus there's no venue fees or anything. We're doing it off of donations, and we'll have some kinda of food there (probably hot dogs etc), plus we'll be drinking.

It is limited to 18+ though. I'd really love to see you guys out here, I know its' a bit of a drive, but you could always get a room at the hotel. I'm working on discount pricing at the moment
    "Go f*** yourself." MGX Dudders
  • kaze_kamikaze_kami E.M.S. Darkside...PSN SpamNeggs Joined: Posts: 1,125
    Shit, you ain't lying, a buddy of mine did all lines with a ten multiplier, so each roll was 30 bucks! Screw that, at least free drinks were worth it.

You guys should really think about going to EVO, it was really fun, and it's surprisingly not that expensive if you do the math right. The hardest part for me was getting the days off to go, but man, if I could go next year I definitely would.

hey man, why you telling my slot stories on some other thread??

we would love to see you guys come out if you can. we can all learn from each other. and it will be really fun.
    "creativity comes out of imperfection"

"If I lose and I learn from my mistakes, then it really wasn't a loss. It was a step in the process of becoming a great player"
    We love slots
    Hey guys, I know this is a huge drive for you guys, but KTB is having a get together in Waco. We're going to rent out the meeting room at the hotel here and get some games in.

http://www.facebook.com/events/147498785389249/147773438695117/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

It's next month, plus there's no venue fees or anything. We're doing it off of donations, and we'll have some kinda of food there (probably hot dogs etc), plus we'll be drinking.

It is limited to 18+ though. I'd really love to see you guys out here, I know its' a bit of a drive, but you could always get a room at the hotel. I'm working on discount pricing at the moment
    Man I am going to try my best to get out there, it would be my first time to go to anything like that and I bet it's a lot of fun.
    You got to come! Rooms are 65 bucks for two queen size beds. So at sixty five bucks divided by four people equals $16.25 a head and you guys have a hotel room for the night.

If you're having issues with finding someone to room with I can probably find some people for you to stay with since it's so cheap
    Are the gatherings going on anymore?..........Is anybody playing ttt2?
    Was at Geek World in Tyler today, they have a TV setup with a PS3 and a 360. I talked to the guy running it, and he said it'd be cool and we could start meeting there. Maybe we can group up, throw together a few bucks each, and just play there. It could even help expose the group to more people around the area.

Anyone interested?
    Was at Geek World in Tyler today, they have a TV setup with a PS3 and a 360. I talked to the guy running it, and he said it'd be cool and we could start meeting there. Maybe we can group up, throw together a few bucks each, and just play there. It could even help expose the group to more people around the area.

Anyone interested?

I'm at geek world all the time playin the card gamez lol.

Me Gilliam and Joe were in there kickin ass on Persona 4 arena just the other day.
    I think Geek World would be our best bet. I can talk to the manager Mark (he's a friend of mine on Facebook) and see if he'll let us bring in setups (in case multiple people show up). Or maybe someone can ask ahead of time if we can do that. I will be out of town this weekend, in LC the next weekend, and Dallas that following weekend.
    Consider it settled, Geek World it is! What does everyone's schedual look like, I'm off on Sunday and Monday.
    sorry I've not really been around, I've been running myself mad trying to plan this campus event and game tournament that happens next week, and keep my coursework in line. My schedule is really in flux right now because Mondays and Wednesdays I have to be in Marshall by 9am, Tuesdays and Thursdays by 10am. also, every other weekend I'm in Naples taking care of my father-in-law. My schedule next semester though is a little better, mostly afternoon classes with the exception of my on-campus internship, which the schedule is TBD. I'm also in the beginning of planning stages for Evo next year in the hopes that I can attend.

Also, how many people in the area are interested in going up to Dallas for Bar Fights X? I'm at 45% confirmed right now, just gotta get everything together and in line for the date of December 12th, same day as the 25th anniversary finals. Right now, I'm guessing Jeff and Kent will be doing the same stuff as last one, maybe throwing in DOA5 and TTT2, as they're real popular right now. If we have enough, maybe we could organize a carpool or something.

Also, I am in the process of organizing something fairly good that will start taking place in January, and I hope that I get the okay for it at our next club meeting which is TBD.
  • IkaruIkaru Registered Pro Joined: Posts: 1,233
    I live in longview, there's a few of us that still play. I've just been more focused on other things lately. I've decided to drop p4a for now, and focus on SSF4, maybe umvc3 and definitely ttt2. There used to be a Longview thread or Gregg County whatever, it's probably buried or been deleted by now. Longview and Tyler used to have get togethers when Vanilla SF4 first came out but once key players from Tyler moved to Austin and I went with them. Scene kind of fell off.

We have two setups with asus monitors so there are no lag issues. If you play a fighting game I probably play it too. Super Turbo/Third Strike/AE2012, TekkenTag2/SC5, BlazBlue/P4A/Learning GG/MB(lool).

Me, my roommate Josh and friend Nick all went to Absolute Battle 3 this weekend. Very hype. We'll definitely be attending Bar Fights X as well. If you're trying to get games in online use these tags for xbox: Man Whut and Ikaru Montoya. And these for PSN: ManWhut and RyanUnlimited. I play SF on 360, 3d fighters on psn. If forming a get together or want to see about coming by our place just text me at 903 926 5346. Name's Ryan.
    AE2012 - Ken
    KoFXIII - Kyo/Undecided/Undecided(
    MvC3 - Dante/Vergil/Undecided
    AH3 - Clarice
    We need to get our shit together and see about getting some sessions in before Bar Fights in 3 weeks. I know that I'm going for AE, Marvel, and Tag 2, but I will also be going out of town next week for the holidays.
    You Longview people could always come play at Ron's house. He's pretty much always down to play.
    Could you PM me Ron's address? I'll see about coming Friday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I live in longview, there's a few of us that still play. I've just been more focused on other things lately. I've decided to drop p4a for now, and focus on SSF4, maybe umvc3 and definitely ttt2. There used to be a Longview thread or Gregg County whatever, it's probably buried or been deleted by now. Longview and Tyler used to have get togethers when Vanilla SF4 first came out but once key players from Tyler moved to Austin and I went with them. Scene kind of fell off.

We have two setups with asus monitors so there are no lag issues. If you play a fighting game I probably play it too. Super Turbo/Third Strike/AE2012, TekkenTag2/SC5, BlazBlue/P4A/Learning GG/MB(lool).

Me, my roommate Josh and friend Nick all went to Absolute Battle 3 this weekend. Very hype. We'll definitely be attending Bar Fights X as well. If you're trying to get games in online use these tags for xbox: Man Whut and Ikaru Montoya. And these for PSN: ManWhut and RyanUnlimited. I play SF on 360, 3d fighters on psn. If forming a get together or want to see about coming by our place just text me at 903 926 5346. Name's Ryan.
    I'm pretty sure you kicked my Guiles ass and took god knows how many of my player points from me lol
    You Longview people could always come play at Ron's house. He's pretty much always down to play.
    I'll go there when I want to play tekken but I don't see the point otherwise. Because I'm more focused on SF, the game Tyler doesn't play.
    AE2012 - Ken
    AH3 - Clarice
    I been going to geek world pretty much by myself on Monday's just to see if I would get lucky and run into some people there but to no avail. Hopefully we can all get something put together somewhere soon, I would be cool with going to our new buddy Ryan's house to play or Geek world or where ever, I just want to play and learn why I suck so bad! lol I want to go to bar fights as well, and I am ok with going 2 and out as long as I get some XP! My days of getting scrubbed out are gunna come to an end.
    I'll go there when I want to play tekken but I don't see the point otherwise. Because I'm more focused on SF, the game Tyler doesn't play.
    I play SF, pretty much the only game I play, I played P4A for a little bit don't play it as much as I did trying to concetrate on street fighter at the moment as well.
    I play SF, pretty much the only game I play, I played P4A for a little bit don't play it as much as I did trying to concetrate on street fighter at the moment as well.
    Just text me whenever man, I'm usually down to game.
    AE2012 - Ken
    AH3 - Clarice
    Could you PM me Ron's address? I'll see about coming Friday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know his address I just know where he lives. You got his number?
    Yeah, I got his number. I'll text him later this evening and see if I can swing by.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    Texted Ron, he's busy this weekend. I'm busy as fuck Saturday and Sunday with prior committments in Kilgore and Marshall, so if I made it out anywhere it'd have to be tomorrow night and I'd have to leave kinda early (9-10ish). I may give Ryan and the Longview crew a call and seeing about getting some games in tomorrow with them.
    alright, I'm wanting to get a headcount as to how many of us are driving to Plano for Barfights in two weeks. I'm arriving with my wife the day before (Friday the 7th, which is two weeks from the date of this post) and I'll have my PS3/360 systems in tow along with my LG monitor. The hotel chain my wife and I frequent (Comfort Suites) tends to have HDTVs in the rooms, and they normally don't have problems with us having guests in the room either to a point. So what I'm saying basically is I want to have a meetup before the event and we can play any of the event games (I am going to have a rental copy of UMvC3 on hand since my copy got jacked out of my house) from 7pm - 1am on the 7th. If you're interested, shoot me a PM or simply reply to the thread before Thursday the 6th.

Also, my campus will have bi-weekly ranbats starting in mid-January, so if you feel like getting some games in ... the time will soon be near.
    Just text me whenever man, I'm usually down to game.
    why you no accept my friend request..?
    my plans have changed. I will not be staying overnight in Dallas, instead my wife and I will be leaving the day of @ 7am. Dependent on whether or not I am bringing someone from my college who wishes to participate; I will have 2, maybe 3 seats open in my vehicle for people who need a ride. Each person who fills a seat will need to bring up to $20 to cover the cost of gas to and from the venue. If you're interested, let me know via PM ASAP so I can take a count.
    my plans have changed. I will not be staying overnight in Dallas, instead my wife and I will be leaving the day of @ 7am. Dependent on whether or not I am bringing someone from my college who wishes to participate; I will have 2, maybe 3 seats open in my vehicle for people who need a ride. Each person who fills a seat will need to bring up to $20 to cover the cost of gas to and from the venue. If you're interested, let me know via PM ASAP so I can take a count.
    Well I hope you get a few people to go with you man, I wish I could but all I do is work work work lol. One of these days though I will go to a tournament so I can get 0-2'ed and sit in the corner for the rest of the time! but until then I will just have to stick to the ol' XBL and possibly get those meets going at geek world soon on the weekends. But good luck man I wish you the best and hope you do well and a safe trip!
  • SaikyoStyleSaikyoStyle Not Sure Joined: Posts: 1,064
    What is this Geek World you speak of and where can I find it? Actually from the pics on google it looks like the inside of the old Ground Zero comics.
    Bah, I really need to move to Tyler. Henderson has nothing going on.
    Move along, Nothing to see here.
  • Blue SwordBlue Sword What's a main? Joined: Posts: 316
    Hello guys. Me and a group of friends are looking for a group to try to level up with here in the East Texas area. We reside in Nacogdoches which is only a little under an hour south of Tyler. I don't know about you guys but online seems to be our last resort at leveling up. We have a group of people here of about 8 or so people that play AE/Marvel/Tekken with the few of them I play with frequently maining Marvel. I love all fighting games so I try to level up in Persona as well as I really love that game. How active are you guys and when and where do you have sessions. If you can't tell I am pretty hungry to get better so more competition sounds great if possible.
    SSF4 AE Mains: Guile, Dudley, Fei. Main in progress: Akuma.
    UMvC3: Nova/Spencer/Magneto, Nova/Spencer/Strange, Magneto/Doom/Vergil.
    Persona 4 Arena: Akihiko. Main in progress: Chie.
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Kazuya/Paul, Kazuya/Lei. Mains in progress: Doing research.