New Mexico: ABQ Ranbats, Las Cruces TNF, and Community Thread (NM-ISM,DKO,LC:TNF)

Comments

• kingedawgkingedawg The Virtual Fighter Joined: Posts: 254
    Anybody got any killers in their pools? Noah is my Marvel pool (but we're at opposite sides of the bracket), lol. Good thing I have that Hulk practice thanks to Ian.
    First of all, fuck you. Second, Noah's Hulk ain't shit compared to mine. I play mixup Hulk. So yeah, I'll second that. If you lose to Noah, you must hang your head in shame.

Nobody I know in my SCV/KOFXIII pools, VF has yet to be announced. I've got BitQ out of Seattle first round in Marvel. I've seen him drop Storm air combos. I'm thinking I can open him up with dat HULK SMASH in the corner.
    You don't like Tekken movement is your provocative.

XBL: King E Dawg
    PSN: KingEDawg
  • Nick KageNick Kage Hand of Enchantment Joined: Posts: 253
    First of all, fuck you. Second, Noah's Hulk ain't shit compared to mine. I play mixup Hulk. So yeah, I'll second that. If you lose to Noah, you must hang your head in shame.

Nobody I know in my SCV/KOFXIII pools, VF has yet to be announced. I've got BitQ out of Seattle first round in Marvel. I've seen him drop Storm air combos. I'm thinking I can open him up with dat HULK SMASH in the corner.

Your Hulk is godlike, I love you.

Also my other friend Ian from Las Cruces is in your pool, kind of made me laugh.
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LOL so a shirt almost gave KOF an entry lead over Marvel? Sad shit. Sad, sad, shit.

How's that sad? No one would enter the game otherwise and it's a measly 10 dollars for a shirt with a barely dressed Japanese chick with big ass titties!! See, situations like these are called "gimmicks," this one worked.
  • RedJesusRedJesus Frisbie Joined: Posts: 202
    How's that sad? No one would enter the game otherwise and it's a measly 10 dollars for a shirt with a barely dressed Japanese chick with big ass titties!! See, situations like these are called "gimmicks," this one worked.

What's wrong with gimmicks? Everyone says my game is full of them....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    XBL- Frisbie
    PSN- Frsbie
    WindowsLive- HigherBrain
    FUCK GIANTBOMB
  • notworksafenotworksafe To Shine! Joined: Posts: 1,273
    At least SNK/Atlus keep their gimmicks outside the game. :P
    At least SNK/Atlus keep their gimmicks outside the game. :P

shotsfired.jpg
  • XtinaXtina NM's first lady :) Joined: Posts: 573
    Sex sells?
    "A little besito?!" -Shadow VII
  • LemonysnicketsLemonysnickets Joined: Posts: 56
    Since when has sex and big ass titties real or fake, ever enticed anybody?!?!?
  • QuasimotoQuasimoto Joined: Posts: 522
    attachment.php?attachmentid=358228&stc=1&d=1318376587
    Okay...Drunken Master details for this year. It'll be on this Saturday, June 30.

I figure things will kick off normally at 7 PM with our usual casual shenanigans so non-drinkers (aka losers) can get games in before the tourney starts. Tourney will start at 9 PM.

It'll be a Soul Calibur 2 (PS2) tourney and work like normal tourneys (Best 3 out of 5 rounds, Best 2 out of 3 matches. Winner must pick the same character. Loser can change character.) I'll need an extra PS2 and some PS2 sticks if anyone can help out with that.

It'll be a $5 entry fee. Before the tourney kicks off, all competitors take an opening shot and before each match (not set), both players will have to take a shot of booze.

If you aren't interested in tournament play, I'll also have a few other setups around the house that you can hop on and play to your heart's content while just relaxing. All the normal games will be available for casual play...even Marvel. Maybe.

RULE ADDENDUMS (AKA THE JIMMY RULE):
    * Any and all vomiting must be done in the toilet or somewhere outside. Breaking this rule results in a cleanup and a DQ.

Other Stuff:

*Both the party and the tourney are open to all (friends, strangers, and everyone in between).

*I'll pick up some sodas and the booze (probably JD this time) for the tournament players, but I think (depending on my monetary situation) this is going to be a BYOB type of event otherwise. You're also welcome to bring your own booze if you dislike whiskey.

*If you are concerned about "overindulging", I've got plenty of couch space for you to sleep it off before heading home. I don't want anyone to put themselves at risk by drinking and driving.

So just post here if you're interested in the tourney (so I know how much booze to buy) or just coming to play some games and hang out for the party!

For those that haven't been to my house: (somehow)
    2516 Landman Dr NE 87112

Just hit me up 505-977-3177 if you need more info or directions

Hope to see everyone on Saturday!

EDIT: Do people want to have games on Friday? We could do a casual thing or actually run Marvel and something else...
  • ZalZal Frame Counter Joined: Posts: 1,199
    God Damn me for not voting.

SC2? What the fuck? Why not AE? Why not kof? Or skull girls? Anything that isn't A) ten years old and B) a generation old C) 3D?

Guess I wasn't even going to go until today...

:(
    >fireballs, fireballs everywhere
    You could always run a Drunken Side Tourney or something. I planned on you dudes being out of town, hence 3D.

Also, Mika :3
  • kingedawgkingedawg The Virtual Fighter Joined: Posts: 254
    Drunken Master: how NM does Evo prep.
    You don't like Tekken movement is your provocative.

XBL: King E Dawg
    PSN: KingEDawg

SC2? What the fuck? Why not AE? Why not kof? Or skull girls? Anything that isn't A) ten years old and B) a generation old C) 3D?

There will still be Marvel going on in the ghetto dog. Dylan knows how to keep us dirty Marvel players both A. Happy and B. The fuck out of his way.
    You guys will probably get the Asus since PS2s don't use HDMI, assuming someone can bring a console.

Ian, can you bring your setup for the kitchen? And if Pi/Zal/Martin/Zman/Brent/anyone else could bring PS2 sticks, they'll all get a BSBJ
  • RyyudoRyyudo Shaquatch Joined: Posts: 52
    Anybody got any killers in their pools? Noah is my Marvel pool (but we're at opposite sides of the bracket), lol. Good thing I have that Hulk practice thanks to Ian.
    Bala is in my pool. And Afrocole.

GG.
  • mrosenbergmrosenberg Rosen-B Joined: Posts: 144

So you guys aren't going to Denver anymore?
    I'm a wizard bitch, you can't defeat me.
    TPA 4 Life
  • GoldenGloveGoldenGlove #1 Chance Pirate TV! Joined: Posts: 153
    Bala is in my pool.

I've got a top Korean player in mine. It's all right though we can still make out.

Er, make IT out. Of our pools in losers. Mmhm.
    Bala is in my pool. And Afrocole.

GG.

That's rough. You got some hard ass fools and I get children. I'd rather have the hard ass fools.
    Yeah, at least I'll respect Steven and Ryyudo if they lose.

But you...
    gTZNY.gif
  • RyyudoRyyudo Shaquatch Joined: Posts: 52
    I've got a top Korean player in mine. It's all right though we can still make out.

Er, make IT out. Of our pools in losers. Mmhm.

Ohhh~ <3

Oh make IT out? Well um...
    Yeah! Of course...!
    Down for drunken T6/Mario Party. LESS GO.
  • LemonysnicketsLemonysnickets Joined: Posts: 56
    Down for drunken T6/Mario Party. LESS GO.

That sounds real fun for a drunken master tourney! If your going i have ur 5 dollars from the last drunken master t6 tourney you suckered me into

EDIT: Do people want to have games on Friday? We could do a casual thing or actually run Marvel and something else...

Yes, let's run a Marvel tourney.
    TPA 4 Life
  • RedJesusRedJesus Frisbie Joined: Posts: 202

Vanilla SF4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    XBL- Frisbie
    PSN- Frsbie
    WindowsLive- HigherBrain
    FUCK GIANTBOMB

I'm down.
    For Friday...

Casuals at 7, AE at 8, and Marvel at 9:30 (or whenever AE ends)? How does that sound?
    That sounds real fun for a drunken master tourney! If your going i have ur 5 dollars from the last drunken master t6 tourney you suckered me into

Yes, I'll be there!! I owe Dylan banana bread from last year and whatever other dessert he wants for this year's birthday. :)
    Yes, I'll be there!! I owe Dylan banana bread from last year and whatever other dessert he wants for this year's birthday. :)
    Cupcakes! :o
    Cupcakes! :eek:

I'm on the mutha fucka.
    MMM..... Red Velvet Cupcakes? NOM NOM
    TPA 4 Life
    Ahhhh, I just made my brother a red velvet cake!! They came out really good, and I used a new recipe. I'm making you Red Velvet cupcakes, Dylan! With my famous cream cheese frosting :D :9
  • DioNiceIsh505DioNiceIsh505 Joined: Posts: 30
    "1. Execution should never be considered into balance. Even so, some characters infinites, like Nova, Frank, and Magneto are relatively easy.
    2. They run the clock down artificially - thereby making timeouts a much stronger strategy.
    3. They give your opponent something like 4 bars, and gives yourself 5, plus a kill, and a welcome mixup.
    This has been thrown around on the forums already, but just for the front page:
    You play Zero/X-23/Trish.
    Zero lands a hit (easy), uses X-23 assist, TACs to Trish.
    Trish kills with an infinite, builds 5 bars, DHCs to X-23's lvl3 unblockable.
    X-23 combos off of her lvl3, TACs to Trish,
    Trish kills with an infinite, building 5 bars, DHCs to X-23's lvl3 unblockable.
    X-23 kills with X-factor" - jaytoo

Help us Niitsuma, help us! Garret can already do one:(
    Reported for talking about games

EDIT: "games"
  • RugedmanRugedman Worst in 505 Joined: Posts: 1,428

Oh wow, the ghost of losers past is back to wine and moan through the drafty halls of srk southwest boards. Stop being a moppy bitch and learn one or just pick zero and do your little snl skit up there.
    "Pat, you are one of our worst players here, so keep quiet"Mamba quote
  • DioNiceIsh505DioNiceIsh505 Joined: Posts: 30
    Oh wow, the ghost of losers past is back to wine and moan through the drafty halls of srk southwest boards. Stop being a moppy bitch and learn one or just pick zero and do your little snl skit up there.

I would pick Zero but, not even the great Pat can master him, as shown by your latest last place finish. Or did you even play Zero? You didn't lose to anybody worth watching so I really don't know.
    Pat, let's get some practice soon and work on dat Frank infinite.
    TPA 4 Life
  • ZalZal Frame Counter Joined: Posts: 1,199
    Infinites? Fuck that
    Resets? Fuck that
    DHCs? Fuck that
    TACs? Fuck that

You know why son? One word:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!

Zero was broken before any of that fancy shit. Fuck that noise. Loops.
    >fireballs, fireballs everywhere
  • ZMangzZMangz (のヮの) Joined: Posts: 246
    Infinites? Fuck that
    Resets? Fuck that
    DHCs? Fuck that
    TACs? Fuck that

You know why son? One word:

Pipe.
    fixed