Now that he is available I think it's time we started discussing his merits. I'll go over a few points:
- All of his normals (standing and crouching) with the exception of s.D are jump cancelable on hit (not on block). I see this as being useful for two things. The first is allowing him to combo into air hcf+K (hcf+B, specifically) from his standing normals, and the second is to allow for cross-up mix-ups after resets.
- s.D can link into s.C.
- EX qcf+P has automatic guard crush properties on block.
- qcb+P counter will teleport through projectiles and establish close range. Frame advantage depends on the distance from the projectile's originator.
- EX qcb+P Counter will instantly punish projectiles, but again is range dependent. From full screen the opponent has more than enough time to block the counter, where Mr. Karate will be punishable. Only use from 2/3 of the screen or closer, but depends on projectile properties of individual characters.
- EX hcf+K is something of a teleport into a command grab. Will go through projectiles in the middle of its animation. If used late, you will be hit out of start up. This is better used as a read vs. projectiles, and the qcb+P counter is more of a reaction tool.
- dp+A will hit opponents in juggle states, dp+C will not. I assume this is to prevent the ability to loop dp+C~A+B, dp+C~A+B, etc. in the corner indefinitely.
- f+A command attack can be canceled into dp+C on the second hit and connect, which seems to lead to his biggest midscreen damage opportunities (c.B, s.B, f+A xx dp+C~A+B...)
- Best super to use for ending combos appears to be qcf, hcb+P. Higher damage than his other two options, and seems connectable in most situations.
- f,b,f+P only seems to have uses in the corner. Affects damage scaling too much and knocks back too far for it to have mid screen applications imo. Can link a dp+A afterwards in the corner without having to spend drive.
- Should note that because backdash is airborne, you can backdash into air hcf+K instantly to catch people chasing you. This leads to juggle opportunities in the corner, haven't tested midscreen.
- j.B, j.D, and j.CD all cross up. the j.CD crossup looks hilarious, because they will be pulled towards the direction of your jump arc, even though you hit them from behind.
Lots of damage output and pressure. Doesn't need much meter to inflict a lot of hurt. I don't think he really needs to activate HD mode unless you really need to go in for the kill. My midscreen BnB for 1 meter (no drive) does 401. He hits like a truck.
Edit: Oh yeah, don't throw fireballs at him. Like, EVER.
Low-Tier Street Fighter, Top-Tier Theory Fighter
hihihi: orbit should invest in an air conditioner for t6
noodleman: yea, trade the horse game for an air conditioner.
coveguy: yes, cuz ya know, so many ppl want to buy that horse game... -_-