PLEASE NOTE THE NEW FORMAT CHANGE!
KING OF GGPO II IS NOW KNOWN AS KING OF WINTER.
IF YOU REGISTERED FOR KING OF GGPO II, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER AGAIN.
The KING OF GGPO 2012 series is comprised of four seasonal tournaments:
KING OF WINTER - February 3 - February 24 - REGISTRATION IS LIVE -
KING OF SPRING - TBA
KING OF SUMMER - TBA
KING OF FALL - TBA
Each seasonal tournament will be comprised of three tournaments. The winner of each tournament will advance to the FINALS of that seasonal tournament. The winner of the FINALS will become the KING OF that season.
After the four seasonal tournaments are completed, the four seasonal KINGS will compete in the KING OF GGPO 2012 CHAMPIONSHIPS to determine who will become the KING OF GGPO 2012!
FORMAT / RULES:
- There are three 64-man bracket qualifying tournaments (three chances to qualify).
- ROUND 1 – February 3, 2012 @ 10PM PST.
- ROUND 2 – February 10, 2012 @ 10PM PST.
- ROUND 3 – February 17, 2012 @ 10PM PST.
- The winner of each tournament QUALIFIES for the FINALS on February 24, 2012.
- The winner of each tournament may not enter the following qualifying tournaments.
- To help keep pings as low as possible, we’re restricting it to players from the United States, Canada and Mexico only. (sorry!)
- PING LIMIT OF 160ms IN IN EFFECT. IF YOUR PING IS OVER 160ms WHEN CHECKED BY A TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PORTS ARE FORWARDED CORRECTLY BEFOREHAND. IF THERE ARE ISSUES WITH YOUR CONNECTION, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
- REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 15 mintues before the tournament start time. PLEASE SHOW UP 15 minutes before the tournament start time.
- All matches in the qualifying tournaments are 2 OUT OF 3 games and DOUBLE ELIMINATION. 64 man cap.
- WINNERS FINALS, LOSER FINALS, and GRAND FINALS are 3 OUT OF 5 GAMES.
- NO CHARACTER LOCK. Loser may switch characters. Winner must stay with the same character.
- Akuma is banned. Zangief’s “magic grab” glitch is banned.
- Anyone who is caught using macros or turbos, will be DISQUALIFIED and BANNED.
- Any excessive unsportsmanlike behavior will result in a BAN. Keep it civilized, gentlemen!
- If two players cannot connect, a coinflip will determine the winner.
- THREE MAN, RACE TO TEN FORMAT between the three finalists.
- The first two players will be chosen at random and they will play one game. WINNER STAYS. The third player plays the winner one game. Repeat. First player to TEN is the CHAMPION!
The winner will become KING OF WINTER and will qualify for the KING OF GGPO 2012 CHAMPIONSHIPS to be held at the end of the year.