Paradise Arcade Joystick Project Magenta

2»

Comments

• PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 583
    OMG! As much as I like the Purple Aliminum balltop I already have on it, the Purple/Blue balltop would probably look awesome on my custom Mad Catz SoulCalibur V stick!
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    armi0024 wrote: »
    We are one step closer. We hit one snag and will be revising the design slightly. We are hoping to release the first round of public sticks in December.

Our stick is not optical, it is inductive. The advantage of the design is that we will have the ability to customize the sensitivity and action to whatever you can think of. The out put will be a 5 pin plug, and the on board pcb will translate position to the appropriate combination of "microswitch" activations based on the map you enter.

Our exisiting prototypes are senstive enough to pick up when you just touch the joystick so you can be as senstive as you want, or keep it from doing anthing until you ride the gate. Better yet you can change the cardinal vs diagnol sizes or really anything you want to be conducive to your style of play.

This will be released first for the JLF, but with the methodology we are using it will be easily tranportable to other joyticks in the future.

This has been a long time in the making because we want to make sure that every part works perfectly and on a wide variety of sticks.

I thought I would post this comment from the Optical Joystick thread to give this product some more exposure. December release makes me very happy!
  • sethian0sethian0 B PoSiTiVe - B KiND Joined: Posts: 1,084
    i posted this last time in the other threat but never got a response.

does it work like the suzo inductive with the ferrite ring and coils?
    sethian0 wrote: »
    i posted this last time in the other threat but never got a response.

does it work like the suzo inductive with the ferrite ring and coils?

I didn't think that there was another way for an inductive stick to work....?
  • eczangiefeczangief GOD OF 1-HANDED ROM Joined: Posts: 1,877
    Very excited for this.
    I can't believe I'm Magnetro.
  • NoSaltPlzNoSaltPlz Joined: Posts: 61
    this looks very interesting
    bump. wanting this tk work with ls56 or 1mm oversized actuator
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    Sorry guys, we have another round of PCBs we are testing now. Hit a few unexpected snags and are revamping the design.
    In regards to actuators... where we are going, we don't need actuators :)
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    Hahahaha. I'm stoked for this thing.
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
    Paradise Arcade comes up with the coolest stuff!
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,826
    Thanks Chaotic an Inendoi....
    Kept thinking of this at work but can't get on Youtube
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
    when.............................
    edited September 2014
    I'm still considerably hype for this. Salivating, really.

Magenta got some exposure in Japan this week. iplaywinner just published a piece on it.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2014/9/18/new-sanwa-jlf-add-on-by-paradise-arcade-shop-gives-players-a.html
    Post edited by NENDO on
    MUST HAVE
    edited September 2014
    Good shit bryan!!!! Take my moneys!!!!
    edited September 2014
    We are playing around with how this is going to play out.

We may run a Kickstarter to bump quantities and drop pricing. I think we can get much better pricing on these if we get the quantity up with an intial order.
  • emphaticemphatic Joined: Posts: 478
    edited September 2014
    So, will it be possible to cycle user defined modes (8-way, 4-way, etc) with the small black button? And would it be possible to extend that button to a small harness so your could have an option button anywhere you want (outside the panel/case)?
    I love shmups and never play fighting games.
    Here's my Guwange stick: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=197
    On the current revision of the board the small black button allows for direct intervention without connection to a USB. We are doing on more revision before launch and will be adding some features and optimizing the set up. I do think that 8 way/4 way etc is interesting in some communities, but not here. However, being able to adjust between different presets for different games may be very interesting here.
    It's probably a little late now, but in future revisions Maybe add some prongs to connect a 24mm button to allow external swapping of profiles without having to open the case every time?

any way you look at it, i want one nao =)

again, awesome work bryan!
    :) Now come on, give us some credit...
    armi0024 wrote: »
    :) Now come on, give us some credit...

You sir... get all the credits!

Question. Can we get a picture of the gate solo? it looks sexy.
  • jimmerjimmer Joined: Posts: 46
    Nice work Bryan. I never saw this thread and had the same idea a few months ago. I gotta take issue with your first post though, most joysticks don't have actuation patterns anything like the nice segmented doughnut, which is the ideal pattern imo.

I've also been designing an improved actuation pattern using just mechanical parts but that's probably just been blown out the water by this product.

What sort of initial batch size are you talking about with/without kickstarter?

I could be interested in taking a quantity of the sensor boards (at OEM prices :) ) to use on my grommet joystick design, but then that wouldn't be wise if you are going to be announcing your grommet stick next week :)

I'll send you an email when I've figured out if there is a market gap for me anymore.

• parksonianparksonian Mr. Fusion Joined: Posts: 95
    I already spend so much more time tweaking the feel of my stick than using it. This might actually destroy me. Can't wait.
    parksonian wrote: »
    I already spend so much more time tweaking the feel of my stick than using it. This might actually destroy me. Can't wait.

Agreed. Magenta+ocd=bye bye RL
  • ZonbiPandaZonbiPanda Joined: Posts: 73
    edited June 17
    Old thread bump but, maybe the analog stick gods are smiling upon us...

nwNE3va.png

• ZonbiPandaZonbiPanda Joined: Posts: 73
    She's Alive!

uhDWbha.png

2»