The Pac-Man Thread

PterodactylPterodactyl I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!Joined: Posts: 7,173
Cant believe this Lil'Yella bastard is in.
l_packman01.jpg

Videos:

Trials:

My Opinion:
Apparently He's no pushover and looks like a brute kind of character with big damage, low speed, lots of health, and long range(but this is only off of appearances so far). One thing is for sure, HE LOOKS FUCKING EPIC! he fights with a big Mokujin Mecha-thingy sorta like tron but way cooler. It also shoots laser, as you can see in his super(It also plays his theme when firing, which is cool as hell). Unlike the other guests with the exception of Cole he looks actually useful. I'm planning to use Pac-Man as a main in this game because of how damn awesome he is.

Thoughts, but I'd love for this thread to not get clogged up with hate and whining.
spread'em

Comments

• AmishOpiateAmishOpiate Mega Slowbro. Joined: Posts: 1,650
    This is a great day for the people who are going to play this game competitively on a handheld.
    "I'm sorry and I do understand your frustration."
    --Christian Svensson

• PterodactylPterodactyl I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL! Joined: Posts: 7,173
    he's on the PS3 also.

All guests are, and I think they are more for the fun loving fans and not for the competitive players.
    spread'em
  • DooplissDoopliss Joined: Posts: 3,174
    He seems to have some real nice range on his normals. I really like what I've seen so far, so I might play him.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Combo Hunter", A Street Fighter V Season 2 Combo Video
    Looks like he's got a rekka(first video).
    spread'em
  • AmishOpiateAmishOpiate Mega Slowbro. Joined: Posts: 1,650
    he's on the PS3 also.

All guests are, and I think they are more for the fun loving fans and not for the competitive players.
    I agree, but it's sad that they won't be seen on a tournament stage because of the exclusivity thing. I'm glad to know they will be on the PS3, though; that makes a little more sense than what I initially heard, which is that Pac and BBAMM would only be on the Vita.
    "I'm sorry and I do understand your frustration."
    --Christian Svensson

• derrykderryk mister science brain Joined: Posts: 4,807
    billy mitchell is the next jwong in america for fighting games

hold dat
    I was already hype for the Pac-Man because I've always loved his games(even some of the dumb ones) but now that It turns out he's a big guy type of character and dare I say it, possibly even a grappler I'm going to main the fuck out of him.

I also like Mokujin as a character(I was never skilled enough to use him though to be honest).
    spread'em
  • ViddVidd Joined: Posts: 524
    I wasn't expecting him to seem so powerful. Hopefully some gameplay videos will turn up before the game's released.
    He's no pushover and looks like a brute kind of character with big damage, low speed, lots of health [...]
    That's what it seems like to me so I can't wait to try him. :D
    I wonder if you can color edit pac-man.
    spread'em
  • Shadow Ace 50Shadow Ace 50 Chaos Control A hoe Joined: Posts: 2,377
    Id love to see high level pac-man and megaman play..and im not joking
    Prayer Changes Things-
    "Spades and Yu-Gi-Oh are pretty much the same game" -Big G.
    AE: Vega/Fuerte/DJ SFxT: Vega/King KOFXII: Kensou/King/Terry
    I hope he incorporates the ghosts and power pellets into his moves.
    spread'em
  • MrSoadaMrSoada Joined: Posts: 427
    Id love to see high level pac-man and megaman play..and im not joking

You might get your wish if these guys ever come to 360. And Capcom loves to milk money so of course they will.
  • Final Fight x TekkenFinal Fight x Tekken TURN TH-THE B-BEAT BACK Joined: Posts: 176
    You might get your wish if these guys ever come to 360. And Capcom loves to milk money so of course they will.
    DLC characters day one. 5 dollars for both.
    Im thinking that him and Megaman are an official tag team
    Poison is a woman in JP and a Tranny in the US. Dont change it Capcom

Guy, Cody, Hugo, Sodom and Rolento for SFxT
    Prologue Added.
    spread'em
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,454
    The videos from the folks exploring the on-disk DLC files reveal that Pac-man has a slow walk speed and a fireball-

a Pac-man shaped fireball.
    updated with trials yall.
    spread'em
  • SteelgutteySteelguttey MoThErFuCkEr Joined: Posts: 729
    So, Pac-Man is coming out tomorrow and I have some questions for the people who are getting them.

1. What are his safe blockstrings and normals?

2. What are good pokes?

3. Does his projectile have good durability? what versions beat say, Ryu's Hadoken?

4. What are his best jump ins?

5. Is his dash speed decent?

6. Can you customize what colors pac-man has and what the robot has?

7. Do any of his attacks have armor?

Will probably update later with some questions when I can think of them.
    XBL: Steelguttey
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
    you can customize Pac-man and Megaman.
    spread'em
    OK why the FUCK isn't this thread blowin up right now with new tech for pac-man?

SOMEONE PLEASE, PLEASE SHOW SOME COMBOS
    UMVC3: Main: Amaterasu (Cold Star), Frank West (Shopping Cart), Dante (Jam Session)
  • P-DudeP-Dude Joined: Posts: 7
    All I will say right now is that his Heavy and EX Flip Kick knock Pac-Man down as well and as far as I can tell you can't follow up after them.
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,464
    :eek: Shoutouts to :qcb: Flash Kicks, hahaha.

Pac-Man seems like he's kinda ridix in Pandora mode. o_o;
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • Paper_TankPaper_Tank Joined: Posts: 338
    So, Pac-Man is coming out tomorrow and I have some questions for the people who are getting them.

1. What are his safe blockstrings and normals?

>>Unfortunately something I didn't have the time to test.

2. What are good pokes?

>>Standing HP and HK is Marduk's with all of the reach and they seem pretty safe from the push back. Crouching Medium punch is your basic cancel, but his standing and crouching MK didn't seem that useful.

3. Does his projectile have good durability? what versions beat say, Ryu's Hadoken?

>>Doesn't look like it, but it does seem to have a really fast charge time into EX.

4. What are his best jump ins?

>> Jump in MP and HP are the better jump ins, with the later reminding me of Balrog's.

5. Is his dash speed decent?

>>God no, his mobility seems like one of his weakest aspects. His belly bump is slow when getting any real range on it's charge.

To be taken with a grain of salt from what I've seen with a few moments in training mode. His normals, with all things said, are much, MUCH better than Megaman. In all I'd say Pac is the better of the two, with better damage and normals. His projectile game, with being part of Team Namco, is lacking and his super animation lacks real range but wall bounce of belly bump from any charge is nice.
    SFxT: Vega x King, Elena x Marduk,
    Dudley x Steve, Balrog x Bryan
    All I will say right now is that his Heavy and EX Flip Kick knock Pac-Man down as well and as far as I can tell you can't follow up after them.
    is it a hard knockdown state?
  • P-DudeP-Dude Joined: Posts: 7
    is it a hard knockdown state?

Yup.

He does have some pretty great normals as Paper_Tank mentioned, :lp:, :lk:, c:mk:, c:mp: are cancellable from what I can tell

c:mk: seems like a decent enough poke (no idea about frame stuff) and can link into a flip kick from poke range. It looks like the only sort of combo action Pac-Man is going to get will revolve around his Pac-Dash since the EX version can crumple. If you charge it, the moves gains one tick of armor and will wall bounce but I'm not sure how viable this is in a real match. It takes forever to charge and that armor only comes in at the end.
  • FirebrandedFirebranded Aerial Ace Joined: Posts: 3,817
    WHY ISNT THIS DUDE FOR THE 360?
    Firebrand/Wolverine/Sentinel P4A: Yosuke (236B = Bon Voyage), Teddy
    GT: WESKERRRRRR
    "I luv my anchor" by KassandraNova.
    SWAY: A Ten Minute Firebrand Tutorial
  • megamonk4megamonk4 Joined: Posts: 166
    I really wish frame data for pac-man and megaman releases eventually. His pac-dash makes a slip effect; can he get something off of it(maybe 1-frame link from normal or special move)?

I like to do this combo: st. mp, cr. mp xx EX Pac-Dash, cr. mp xx any special.
  • Evil-Bart2k11Evil-Bart2k11 Bring home the bacon! Joined: Posts: 239
    Messing around a bit with good ol Pac in the lab, I think he gets st. lp/cr. lp after a normal Pac-Dash but it might be only on counter hit, either way it does combo. It's quite risky as it is unsafe.

j. hp or j. hk, st.mp, cr. mp, M Flip Kick

A jump in meterless combo i've got for the moment, still messing with him though.
    "That was Deadpoolicious, in case you're wondering, that's my new word for awesomeness."
    SSF4AE - Honda/Akuma l UMvC3 - Super-Skrull/Frank West/Akuma/Deadpool l IJ:GAU - Deathstroke
    SFA3 - Honda/Akuma l SFxT - Akuma/King/Hwoarang/Xiaoyu/Pac-Man l SSBM - Dr. Mario/Mario
    STHDR - Honda l SSB4 - Mario/Dr. Mario/Pac-Man/Wario/Sonic/Greninja l SFA2 - Akuma
  • ViddVidd Joined: Posts: 524
    God damn, this guy is slow.
    I was only messing about with him today. I see his dash move can be charged to the point where it has armour (I believe) and wallbounces.
    His projectile start-up seems quite long as well.
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 679
    Has anyone completed Pac-Man's trials yet? I really want to know if one of his titles is "Waka Waka" XD.

Also I find him very enjoyable to use, but I need to get over the fact that he is slow as hell. Personally though, I prefer Pac-Man over MegaMan.
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
  • DominanceHDominanceH Joined: Posts: 4
    Has anyone completed Pac-Man's trials yet? I really want to know if one of his titles is "Waka Waka" XD.

Also I find him very enjoyable to use, but I need to get over the fact that he is slow as hell. Personally though, I prefer Pac-Man over MegaMan.

I finished his trial's, no he doesn't have that as a title, I didn't beat arcade mode with him, so there's still a possibility.

Also Pac-Man has almost all of Marduk's normals, he also has very low vitality. I still think he's fun to use though.
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 679
    I finished his trial's, no he doesn't have that as a title, I didn't beat arcade mode with him, so there's still a possibility.

Also Pac-Man has almost all of Marduk's normals, he also has very low vitality. I still think he's fun to use though.

Dammit, no he doesn't have it for his arcade title. Capcom missed a great opportunity for an awesome title (They also missed an opportunity with megaman's win quote against heihachi to make a Dr. Wily Joke).

Yeah I noticed his vitality is very low.
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
    Yea, he is slow and doesn't have a lot of life, but at least his pokes are really good and he's fun to play as.

Meterless Combo
    j. hp, st.mp, st.mp, cr. lk, Flip Kick [301]
    j. hp, st.mp, st.mp, cr. mp, M Flip Kick [322] (Highest i've managed to get so far)

1 Meter Combos
    st.mp, cr. mp, EX Pac-Dash, cr. mp, M Flip Kick [292]
    j. hp or j. hk, st.mp, cr. mp, EX Pac-Dash, cr. mp, M Flip Kick [374]

2 Meter Combos
    j. hp, st.mp, st.mp, cr. mp, Pac-Laser [455]
    "That was Deadpoolicious, in case you're wondering, that's my new word for awesomeness."
    SSF4AE - Honda/Akuma l UMvC3 - Super-Skrull/Frank West/Akuma/Deadpool l IJ:GAU - Deathstroke
    SFA3 - Honda/Akuma l SFxT - Akuma/King/Hwoarang/Xiaoyu/Pac-Man l SSBM - Dr. Mario/Mario
    STHDR - Honda l SSB4 - Mario/Dr. Mario/Pac-Man/Wario/Sonic/Greninja l SFA2 - Akuma
  • blindf0ldmeehblindf0ldmeeh Joined: Posts: 83
    he is without a doubt...the hardest character to play
    PSN - Blindf0ldmeeh

:coffee:
    If you switch cancel Pac-Man in during a certain move like a Shaolin Spin Kick, he can do j.hp, j.hk, cr.mp/cr.mk, Flip Kick. Only certain characters can help set this up for him and it really depends on your timing and positioning on j.hp and j.hk after the ground bounce. It's a good way for Pac to deal damage when he comes in.

I learned this a while back, but it's pretty handy to people who don't know it yet.
  • GameMasterGameMaster Ansatsuken Warrior Joined: Posts: 85
    Bumping for his 35th anniversary.

2869608-pac-man_35th.jpg

Do him proud if you main him.
    Steam: ryan_the_game_master
    XBL: GameMaster2K5

Mains:

Street Fighter (etc.): Ansatsuken Fighters, Thunder Hawk, Dee Jay, Chun-Li
    The King of Fighters (etc.): Kyo Kusanagi, Terry Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Iori Yagami
    Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Zack, Ayane, Kokoro
    Super Smash Bros.: Sonic the Hedgehog, Ryu, Link, Luigi, Princess Zelda, Pac-Man
    Virtua Fighter: Jacky Bryant, Vanessa Lewis, Pai Chan, Aoi Umenokoji, Akira Yuki
    (X)Tekken: Lars Alexandersson, Jin Kazama, Pac-Man, Cole MacGrath
    Marvel: Ryu/Spider-Man/Chun-Li

Currently looking for:
    • A English-Japanese translator.
    • A team for a fangame.
    PM me if interested.