New England (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT)

ClaCla Let's fighting!Joined: Posts: 467
I couldn't seem to find a thread for New England, so I'm starting one now.

I live in Saint Johnsbury, VT, and I am looking to start putting together a good consistent scene. I'm hoping to jump-start the scene for VT and New England in-general by running monthly events that will include as many games as possible. I used to do this on Long Island, NY and it went pretty well. So here's to hoping my experience can help create a solid fighting community here too.

I work in the kitchen at Goddard College in Plainfield, VT, and was thinking that would be an excellent venue for a monthly event. But it would help if I can see how many people would be interested in showing up for such a thing. And I have no problems working together with you all on a different plan. Maybe you want the events to run at a different frequency and/or venue? Let's talk about it and figure this out. Another possibility for venue could be in White River Junction, VT since there is an Amtrak train that stops there. Or at the least, I would be willing to go down to said train station and pick people up the night before the event. (the Amtrak stops at White River only one time a day, and it's like at 8:00pm) There is a hotel near me that is only $50 a night or $55 for 2 beds. There's also a big Comfort Inn near me, maybe I can arrange to hold the event there. I don't know, let's keep brainstorming.

Also tell me what games you all want to see at events. I'm cool with anything as long as we can get a hold of the game and system. Right now, I can tell you that I definitely want to see...

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012
Soul Calibur 5 (this is what I personally will be maining for the time being)
Tekken 6
Mortal Kombat 9
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Dead Or Alive 4
King Of Fighters 13
(prefer to run on PS3s but I won't be against using a 360 if we can't get enough PS3s. And yes I know DOA4 is 360-only)

I also would love to run tourneys and/or casuals for lesser known games like Arcana Heart 3, Super Dragon Ball Z, and I dare say even more random oddballs like Ehrgeiz. But we'll see how things go with TV availability and if there's even interest for such games. And by the way I am a HUGE Virtua Fighter fan, so I will be pushing big time for VF action once Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown hits consoles this summer. Like I might go as far as putting some extra money in the prize pot for that game myself.

But anyways, step 1 is to generate interest. So let's spread the word and get people talking about the idea of a scene and a consistent event for this area.

Comments

• chachadesmondchachadesmond this micropenis is destroying my life Joined: Posts: 237
    boston scene is coming up so youll def get some massholes if you hold a monthly
  • ClaCla Let's fighting! Joined: Posts: 467
    Cool. So about how many people is that anyway? Maybe I'll try hold the event in White River Junction, VT so you all don't have to travel as far. Plus there is Hotel Coolidge literally right next to the Amtrak stop. Also, Hotel Coolidge might be a decent venue for the event itself.
  • ill_willill_will yes Joined: Posts: 2,073
    a 3 hour drive from RI, 2 hr from boston and 4 - 5 hr drive from CT.

Honestly the tourneys would have to have like a big pot bonus or something to get some of us up there instead of driving 3 hrs to NYC from RI or 1.5 hrs from CT.
    I'm not saying it all to sound like a dick or anything I just feel like a NE thread would be more centered in MA, considering the stronger players are from there (and RI for mvc)

I wish you luck in running tourneys!
    heres to hoping you get some pot bonus sponsors or something jumping on!
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    "Marvel is like beer pong" - Tony B. <----TRUUUUUUUE
  • Tito887Tito887 Joined: Posts: 47
    Cool. So about how many people is that anyway? Maybe I'll try hold the event in White River Junction, VT so you all don't have to travel as far. Plus there is Hotel Coolidge literally right next to the Amtrak stop. Also, Hotel Coolidge might be a decent venue for the event itself.

I know of a few decent venues here in Keene. But without the experience to put something big together, I would not be the right man for the job. With the right condtions, many in the region would be attracted to show up. Maybe we could network? If your interested, send me a pm and we can talk in further detail.

http://bestwesternnewhampshire.com/keene-hotels
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mhtdt-courtyard-keene-downtown/
    a 3 hour drive from RI, 2 hr from boston and 4 - 5 hr drive from CT.

Honestly the tourneys would have to have like a big pot bonus or something to get some of us up there instead of driving 3 hrs to NYC from RI or 1.5 hrs from CT.
    I'm not saying it all to sound like a dick or anything I just feel like a NE thread would be more centered in MA, considering the stronger players are from there (and RI for mvc)
    But doesn't MA basically have it's own thread already? I was trying to focus on the rest of NE that usually gets left out, especially VT/NH/ME. But anyway, as far as the distance to the venue... that's why I like the idea of putting it in White River Junction, VT because it's literally right across the street from an Amtrak stop. I also wouldn't be against the idea of having this be a multi day thing so it's more worth getting a hotel room, or perhaps lessening the frequency of events.

But either way, this is why I wanted to talk about it so we can find a venue that satisfies everyone. I definitely want to work this out with you all and figure out something that gets the most people. So how does Tito's idea of events in Keene, NH fly with you all? I'm cool with it myself
    I know of a few decent venues here in Keene. But without the experience to put something big together, I would not be the right man for the job. With the right condtions, many in the region would be attracted to show up. Maybe we could network? If your interested, send me a pm and we can talk in further detail.

http://bestwesternnewhampshire.com/keene-hotels
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mhtdt-courtyard-keene-downtown/
    I used to run monthlys that averaged 40-50 people on Long Island, NY so I have no problem running events of whatever size. I don't think we'll be seeing hundreds of people at this thing, but even if somehow we did get that many I'd still be fine running it.

Anyway, yeah I'm ok with events in Keene if it truly gets that many more people. But hey can you happen to think of a decent location that's close to some kind of train stop? That may or may not help. I mean if everyone's just gonna drive anyway, I guess a train stop won't matter.
  • BrawlKarterBrawlKarter Gen-Fu knows many style Joined: Posts: 93
    Long Island has a larger population base and is closer to a lot of major cities. Also, there is a way to commute there if you don't have a car.
    What i think illwill is getting at is that if you build it people won't necessarily come. You have to lure them with the right bait. And that bait is money.
    If you're looking to do a more casual thing, that could work out great. If you want NE's best and brightest to attend, incentives and promo vids
    will go a long way in legitimizing your venue.
    Also, reaching out to all the LAN Centers and Gaming Stores that are currently running events (BrainBox, Sudden Impact, Replayd, Ultimate Gaming
    Spot, Souper Bowl, Pinball Wizard, Game Underground, etc.) to help you promote and get numbers is what unites the FGC.
    Best of luck.
    I would love to have more money on the line. I just don't necessarily have the funds to put it in there myself right now. Honestly, in a couple of months from now, I may be able to do so. But for now, extra prize pot won't be coming out of my pocket. However, I could certainly put left over venue money into prize pots. Like the Comfort Inn up here says you can rent the event rooms for $300... so if we had 50 people come out at $10 venue per person, I could certainly put the extra $200 into prize pots.

What would you all vote for as far as venue and tourney entry fees go anyway?
    Alright so I don't know for 100% sure if we will definitely shoot for monthlys, but let's focus on making one good event for now and then we can see how often people would be willing to come out.

Ok so right now... Let's aim for running an event at Best Western in Keene, NH on March 10th or March 24th. Nothing is necessarily set in stone yet, but that is the current goal I would like to start building hype around:

Best Western Hotel Keene, NH
    March 10th or 24th
    Venue $15 / Tourney $10
    (still open to suggestions)

EDIT: Kinda leaning more towards March 24th actually.
  • CozbyCozby 4ocious Joined: Posts: 189
    Hey Cla. It's been awhile and I'll be surprised if you remember me.
    hatred comes from within

Follow my Twitter! @CozzyHendrixx
    Alright so I'm trying to be more mindful of B.O.N.E and so now I'm thinking of no longer trying to make this a monthly. (cause that would compete with B.O.N.E, which is not what I want to do) Instead, I'm thinking of trying to run a bigger event less-often (perhaps every 3 or 4 months) and having it fall in the middle as much as possible between 2 B.O.N.Es when it does happen.

Or we may stay monthly with this but move it to the opposite side of New England. Where exactly is B.O.N.E?
    Hey Cla. It's been awhile and I'll be surprised if you remember me.
    I remember a couple of people from the Castle Fight Night days but I have since forgotten user names to faces. I want to say you were someone I hung out with at least once outside of the Castle events. Did we play VF4:Evo and DOA4? Or wait, were you the guy that helped me move from Long Island to NJ? Max was it?
  • CozbyCozby 4ocious Joined: Posts: 189
    yeah we played vf. but thats about it lol
    hatred comes from within

Follow my Twitter! @CozzyHendrixx
    Was it Rich? Didn't you used to have a name like cocoaricheo or something like that? Or maybe that was your XBL Gamertag? Also, you showed me Haloid, right?
  • dsblackfoxdsblackfox life in every breath Joined: Posts: 32
    Hey guys, what's up? I'm a Soul Calibur player from the 8WR.com forum, and at the urging of Nightblade, I've started an account here to discuss a tournament idea we have going in the New England area.

The potential venue is GamePlayUSA in Springfield, MA. The tournament date would be St.Patrick's Day, Saturday, March 17th. The games we want to run are SSF4:AE, UMvC3, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Soul Calibur 5. There would be a $10 venue fee, and each tournament would be $10 entry.The store is located in the Eastfield Mall, so the venue opens at 10am, and we would likely begin signups at 11am. The first tournament would start at 1pm, with each successive tournament beginning very 2 hours. For example:

11am-1pm signups for all tournaments
    1pm-3pm UMvC3
    3pm-5pm Soul Calibur 5
    5pm-7pm SSF4:AE
    7pm-9pm Street Fighter x Tekken

Obviously, you can sign up for any tourney up until it begins (remember, the schedule above is just an example, not actual). Also, the mall closes at 9pm, but they might be willing to remain open until Midnight. So, from 9pm-Midnight, we might take a vote and run some side tourneys like Team Tourneys, Tekken 6, or Mortal Kombat. Also, you could play casual in whatever you'd like, and there are loads of setups available for you to play on. There MAY, however, be an additional $5 venue fee for remaining open. They may not charge this $5, but they MIGHT. I'm just letting everyone know what I have *tentatively* discussed with the store's Tournament Director, Tom.

This post is really just to gauge the interest the New England 2D FG community would have in such an event ATM. Questions/Comments/Suggestions are absolutely welcome, and as the details are further discussed and things become definitive, I'll continue to update you guys. Thanks.
  • Plot ArmorPlot Armor I SLAUGHTER GALACTUS AND SENTINEL using JUST A DOG Joined: Posts: 327
    Cla: Sorry Im not going to a tournament thats has $15 venue plus requires hotel stay that is not a major.

Is MK9, DOA4, and T6 alive still in this area?

I agree with will. I rather drive down south than up north.
    "I'm sorry Plot Armor. My bad. You were right."
    -Dont Jump-
  • chachadesmondchachadesmond this micropenis is destroying my life Joined: Posts: 237

Venue $15 / Tourney $10

Lol
    Come on people, keep reading the rest of the thread. Plot Armor and chachadesmond, I addressed your concerns in a more recent post.
    now I'm thinking of no longer trying to make this a monthly.
    Instead, I'm thinking of trying to run a bigger event less-often (perhaps every 3 or 4 months)
    The reason for the high venue charge and change in frequency is cause the event room we had in mind is $700. And that's only for a room that would accommodate like 50 people. So if we try to make this a bigger event, we gonna need an even bigger room.

Anyway, now I'm focusing on the idea of basically trying to turn this into a major. I understand that's what it take to make it worth your time and money and travel. And I'm entirely cool with that. So anyway, now I'm asking would you come out to this if it was a major that ran every couple of months? (3 at the fastest) How often would you be willing to do this? (is every 3 months a good rate or do you need me to slow that down?) I want to make a good event, but I need input and feedback to turn this thing into what you all want it to be.
  • LazieFreddyLazieFreddy Tier Whore Joined: Posts: 303
    I think it is kind of far for most of us here. If you really want to organize a major, I would do it in MA or CT, where there's more players and more accessible to people out of state.

Perhaps you could also start by building up your local scene? Start a thread for the VT/ME area, hold casuals/local tourneys and take it from there.
    XBL: LazieFreddy PSN:Laziefred
    KOF Scrub, SF4 Button Masher, Competitive Trash Talker, Professional Pot Monster
    Cla, I wasn't trying to be a dick it's just that the reason that the NE scene seems to be centered in MA and CT is because thats where the bulk of the players are. I def think you should probably start with some local stuff to get the VT/ME players out cuz if you are pulling 20+ people for those locals then running majors up there would definitely tempt the rest of us and we would go up there to combine and get around 40-50+ on a conservative estimate, and you know the snowball effect would start and attract players from NYC and Philly hopefully.

Most of these guys problem is that they don't wanna drive all the way up there pay a bigger venue fee to play the guys they can play at MA/CT tourneys. In MA we've gotten 30+ on UMvC3 monthlies and 40 for a few SF4 tourneys. With a solid turnout or two then running a major up there would definitely be a welcome addition.
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
  • mayor mcjustinmayor mcjustin Betty White = GDLK Joined: Posts: 1,801
    Cla, I wasn't trying to be a dick it's just that the reason that the NE scene seems to be centered in MA and CT is because thats where the bulk of the players are. I def think you should probably start with some local stuff to get the VT/ME players out cuz if you are pulling 20+ people for those locals then running majors up there would definitely tempt the rest of us and we would go up there to combine and get around 40-50+ on a conservative estimate, and you know the snowball effect would start and attract players from NYC and Philly hopefully.

Most of these guys problem is that they don't wanna drive all the way up there pay a bigger venue fee to play the guys they can play at MA/CT tourneys. In MA we've gotten 30+ on UMvC3 monthlies and 40 for a few SF4 tourneys. With a solid turnout or two then running a major up there would definitely be a welcome addition.
    Will dropping those fucking godlike knowledge bombs :)

sent from HTC Vivid
    ST: Dee Jay
    Persona 4 Arena: I have no idea yet !!!!
    Hi everyone. I have been working out the specifics with cla regarding a nh event. Here is what I have assessed from the comments online and what I've seen at the tournaments I have attended.

There is a market demand for quality tournament series for the fighting game community throughout new england People are willing to show up with set ups and travel for hours in order to meet solid competition.

But in order to attract the regional crowd, there needs to be an established core group that is regularly meeting up for casual/tournament play. People are willing to pay a venue fee. But, unless there is the opportunity to win a decent pot+bonuses, willing participants will not shell out more then five or ten dollars in venue fees.

If the goal is to run a intermediate sized event with 35-45 people in attendance, there will need to be a successful track record of us as tournament organizers.

The 15 dollar venue fee in cla's post was due to the fee required to reserve the event hall at the best western. 700 dollars! If the objection from the onset is that the fee to enter is too high , the it is far easier to find another location the. To try and convince everyone.

I would love to have an event in Keene. But I understand that as an aspiring tournament organizer, the burden is on me to create demand for my event. If there are vocal critics over an event, then I need to do what I can to satisfy my customers (the players and spectators). I will be doing research during this weekend and making some calls on other potential venues.

Let me also put out this idea. Tell me what you all think. Would any of you be interested in a bar fights styled event. A series of events that could assist cla and I in raising the necessary money needed to run a big tournament. Based on the objections on this board, this sounds like the appropriate course of action in order to make the big tournament in nh a reality.

The other avenue I can see myself pursuing is finding a small event space that will allow the core vt/nh/ma/me group to form. I understand this is not what you were intending cla. I was all hyped about throwing down for that huge hall, but the customers are speaking vocally against the fee amongst other complaints.

Feedback please.

Michael Garcia.
  • BrawlKarterBrawlKarter Gen-Fu knows many style Joined: Posts: 93
    Again, have you guys approached any local businesses or gaming stores to sponsor your event to help drop the venue fee?
    Doing this on your own and having excess venue fees will accomplish little in establishing a prominent scene.
    You need businesses to back you up for the long haul and a live stream that can be advertised on to lure them into doing business.
  • Ign1zshunIgn1zshun イグニス Joined: Posts: 229
    Agreeing with anything Will has posted.
  • Kurai RyuKurai Ryu is SUPERCHARGED!! Joined: Posts: 247
    Basically, since there is virtually no scene in NH/VT to speak of at this point, aside from a select few players, you're not going to get much hype unless you do some serious work. I'm talking sponsors, teaser trailers, door-knocking from regional thread to thread - encouraging people to stop by, as well as personal conversation with existing well-known players to get people talking about it. You're going to need to invest a lot of time into this if you're thinking of making an event worth going to, otherwise I doubt anyone will drive/fly out to New Hampshire (to which people will ask, 'wtf is in NH?') for an unknown tournament with no bonus pot, $15 dollar venue fee, and $10 tournament entree fee. It's just not going to happen.

You might want to pick a more central location for the scene if you're not looking to do all that work. I strongly suggest speaking with Mr. Wizard or Big E (the latter being more realistic) about how to go about starting tourneys you want to be big. You do have to start small, obviously, but if you don't have any company money (i.e. sponsors) to throw around, you're going to have a difficult time getting people to see why they should go through the effort of driving up there and paying what is honestly a ridiculous venue fee. People will not pay it, so I suggest you find another venue at the very least.

Bar fights is a fine idea, as long as people under 21 can enter. Limiting your customers is not a good idea. This is kind of obvious, but you should set up a stream if you're going to do something like that as well. Doing so can be expensive if you want to do it right. There are a few people in the community that know how to run one effectively. You should ask around after you've gotten the more important issues above sorted out.

P.S. Expect to lose money out of your own pocket for the first few tourneys. If they're successful, eventually you'll start making money, but not much if you want to keep things fresh and hype. If you're not doing this for love of the scene, I suggest you stop now. I say this with respect - I am not assuming that's the case. Just thought I'd throw that in there if it is.
    ~aka Nightblade~

"No overnight success, no runnin' with vets, just pure unadulterated work progress.." - J5
  • NewBloodNewBlood Mika Boyz Joined: Posts: 945
    Snip

This gentleman speaks truth:tup:. A group of us helped foster the relationship and successful tournament run at PWA (Pelham, NH) back in August, you need to start smaller. We ran bi-weekly casuals, and as interest grew it became weekly culminating in the August tournament. We were a small group of 5 players doing casuals and turned it into a 60+ person tournament with heavy representation from Maine, MA and players we have never met before from NH. I am sure you are aware of all that needs to be done, but the focus doesn't seem to be there at the moment. Rather than bartering with venues, or taking polls of interest from the few players that know SRK exists, more focus should probably be directed towards building the local scene. Ask Maine about the SRK thing. They recently ran into quite a few players who are only now finding out about this place.

Regardless, if the area is built with a strong foundation of players from ME/NH/VT then the heavy reliance on attracting MA, CT, NY etc will not be there. It will be a luxury to bolster your already potent numbers with top talent from surrounding areas and not a neccessity that makes or breaks your efforts. MA certainly doesnt need the northern states attending its tournaments to gaurantee good turnout and its because they have a strong foundation of core players to support their own efforts. GU goes off without a hitch every week, so did Souperbowl and I am certain you will find it no different throughout stronger New England areas. VT/ME/NH do not have that simple yet necessary foundation yet. If you arent trying to build a core then I think that is a huge problem. It creates a situation as you are seeing now that makes local sponsorships, gamestores, venues etc a neccessity that requires capital most gamers do not possess. It should be a luxury that sets the scene apart, not a necessity that keeps it alive.

Edit: More than willing to assist and/or meet up to discuss the ideas in person. Unlike many (as will mentioned in his earlier post) the fear or distate for driving long distances to play doesnt effect me or the people I play with in NH. Up to you;).
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• DagonDagon World's worst throw-tech-er Joined: Posts: 839
    I'll echo a lot of the sentiments already stated for emphasis: I like what you guys are trying to do for sure, but you can't just jump in and start holding majors, expecting big turnouts like Big E's tourneys. Hell, I would say don't even expect a 40-man turnout like GU usually enjoys for it's semi-monthlies. I'm with NewBlood; I don't mind a long drive for a solid tourney, but I won't drive three hours to get there every month for a ~20 man turnout.
    "Hakan is for the dedicated." - Samurai Drew
    Super Street Fighter Four: Arcade Edition version Two Thousand and Twelve: Chun-Li/Dan
    XBL: EOT 00000100
    Also fun fact: My friends in the SF scene used to take turns going up to NH and ME for tournaments back in Vanilla because it was absolutely free money. I agree that you need to build a representative scene before all else.
    ~aka Nightblade~

"No overnight success, no runnin' with vets, just pure unadulterated work progress.." - J5
  • NewBloodNewBlood Mika Boyz Joined: Posts: 945
    Also fun fact: My friends in the SF scene used to take turns going up to NH and ME for tournaments back in Vanilla because it was absolutely free money. I agree that you need to build a representative scene before all else.

Exactly why something needs to be established. The "free" parts saddens me a bit, but everyone should be playing more Soul Caliber anyway haha.
    The World is Lucky.

Despite How Much I Hate The World, I Have Decided To Mend It Rather Than Destroy It.

-Koko Hekmatyar

• Calcos323Calcos323 WOW! HOT a What Baabhabiat Joined: Posts: 267
    I really like what I'm reading here guys. While I'm unable to attend the PWA tourney today, I will do my damndest to get there next time. I just need to pay more attention.
    XBL: Calcos323 GGPO: Calcos323

HD Remix/DeeJay SF3:3S/Makoto SSF4AE/Balrog VF5:FS/Lei-Fei T6/King SC5/Raphael
  • BacardiBacardi steal this avatar Joined: Posts: 5,391 mod
    Start small and work your way up, your looking at venues but what equipment do you have? Tournaments should not have to be dependent on donated equipment.
    Twitter: @New_Challengers | Follow for the latest news on CT tournaments and events
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/newchallengersct
  • GeneralviviGeneralvivi Sakurian @ heart Joined: Posts: 150
    I WOULD LOVE THIS! I just moved to Boston last year, I haven't had time to look for meet ups yet. You can def count me down for this shizzle.
    Team Sakura! - http://shoryuken.com/group.php?groupid=350
    Sakura Bow all the way!
    Good news. I've found a hotel in Brattleboro, vt that will be far less expensive then the best western in Keene. This is the holiday inn express. Venue fee will only be $5.00. March 11 is the date that works, given their availability. This is a Sunday. If OP or anyone here believes a sat would be a better date, there is an opening feb, 25. But that is my daughters birthday. I would not be able to take on the leadership role for that date. After 2/25 there is not another sat open until april.

If a set up is brought then I would waive the fee. The plan is to run as many games as possible. If your game is not on the list simply request it.

Sf ae
    Umvc3
    ScV
    Sf X tk
    Mk9

These will all have a 10 dollar buy in. I'm also thinking of hiring a caterer to take care of everyone when they get hungry. I will update all of you when I find out how much that would be. We will have the room from 12:00 am until midnight. Stay tuned. It's time for new England to grow.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brattleboro
    100 Chickering Road
    Brattleboro, VT 05301
    Near intersection with Putney Road
  • JoshyJoshy Ambiguous Bedrame Joined: Posts: 69
    The name for that place would be a given as well.

BATTLEBORO
    snip
    This sounds like a wonderful plan! Keep us posted!

• xXisukaXxxXisukaXx Can someone delete this account? Joined: Posts: 53
    how about RI? my state has no scene really. I usually hold casuals at a community college every Friday. I never charged, but idk whether or not to.
    how about RI? my state has no scene really. I usually hold casuals at a community college every Friday. I never charged, but idk whether or not to.
    You actually have a pretty decent scene. Very good players. You might be able to hitch a ride with one of 'em if you ask nicely.

Generalvivi, if you're in Boston, there are like 8 Massachusetts threads on the front page. If you're looking for meet-ups, pick one. I recommend the Game Underground thread. It's about 25 minutes out from Boston. We have meet ups twice a week on Tuesday and Friday. UGS also has the same on Saturdays and Wednesdays(?)
    ~aka Nightblade~

• ken123103ken123103 You're just mad because your angry Joined: Posts: 597

Whoa what casuals? Lol what community college? I've been trying to find a place I can go that is not far. I live in providence, and the RI scene pretty much just consists of me and my friends lol.
    UMvC3: Captain America, Spencer, Hawkeye

www.youtube.com/ken123103 <---- Amazing Captain America Videos, Check it out!

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    lol
    Team H8's Rivi
    4ociouS
    min byung ji
    I intend on finalizing my business with the hotel tomorrow and begin gathering the necessary materials for a tournament. Once I have signed the contract, I will create a post under tournament announcements! I have spoken with the events coordinators of Level up NH in Manchester. He will be offering me set ups and bringing a table. He would like casuals to start up again in his store but needs to finish his renovations first. That will be starting in April.
    lol

Oh shit lol, my bad I didn't mean any disrespect to anybody who I don't know in RI that plays fighting games lol. My bad ralph and will

I intend on finalizing my business with the hotel tomorrow and begin gathering the necessary materials for a tournament. Once I have signed the contract, I will create a post under tournament announcements! I have spoken with the events coordinators of Level up NH in Manchester. He will be offering me set ups and bringing a table. He would like casuals to start up again in his store but needs to finish his renovations first. That will be starting in April.
    Awesome! I can't wait for this to actually happen!

Well @ken123103, I hold a PS3 set up every friday At the CCRI knight Campus in Warwick. There are a couple of people who visit and take the game seriously, but not enough.
    Whoa what casuals? Lol what community college? I've been trying to find a place I can go that is not far. I live in providence, and the RI scene pretty much just consists of me and my friends lol.
    I forgot you can do this. but yeah. every friday at the knight campas of CCRI, i hold a ps3 casuals. another friend of mine holds a set for 360. there are only two sets so its not that great, but its better than nothing atm.
    I forgot you can do this. but yeah. every friday at the knight campas of CCRI, i hold a ps3 casuals. another friend of mine holds a set for 360. there are only two sets so its not that great, but its better than nothing atm.

What time on friday night? I'll probably make an appearance to see what is good lol

What time on friday night? I'll probably make an appearance to see what is good lol
    usually its from the morning to whenever i feel like bouncing lol
    usually its from the morning to whenever i feel like bouncing lol

what building? what room? you gotta give me more information than that. . . ..

what building? what room? you gotta give me more information than that. . . ..
    CCRI campus in warwick. its in the main lobby across from the ramps. where the windows are. if you have a phone, You can call me mate. I'll pm you my #
    GUYS! There is a tournament happening in RI at Button Mashers video game store in warwick and if you are interested in going you must sign up by sunday or else they will cancel the tournament! To sign up you must visit the store! (Yeah i know its weird) For more info go here! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Button-Mashers-Video-Games/193132064073862

RI NEEDS TO START HOSTING MORE TOURNAMENTS! MAKE THIS ONE BIG SO WE CAN HOLD MORE!!

The name for that place would be a given as well.

BATTLEBORO
    never thanked you for the name. Great idea. Thank You.
    I uploaded some vids from Battleboro. I don't remember my opponents' names. If you were in one of these vids and you want your name on it, let me know.