Arrow: The Green Arrow TV show

Comments

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,881
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    Arrow is so shit right now that you mufuggas aint even commenting after the show? daaayuumm.

LOL. Its a slow start. Solid episode, except arrow getting his butt kicked by a random baddie, and thea pwning that nigga, then setting him on fire. lol

I see diggle is no longer putting bullets in fools, although his helmet is just goofy at this point.

The only thing i dont like so far, and i might be wrong, is that when theyre infiltrating some shit, its seemed sloppy as fuck in both episodes so far. Season 1 arrow was flames, cause he cased a joint, and fucking came in with a plan, wrecking niggas. Even last season didnt feel as off on the tactical shit like this season so far.

Its astonishing how thea sells being a strong female masked hero more than laurel. Laurel has gotten better overall, but im mostly interested in speedy screen time so far this season.

Arrow hanging out with Flash too much...

Also, been watching season 1 of Flash on Netflix.

So, what are the comic book cities based off of? Gotham is NYC. Metropolis is DC, I believe. What are the others?
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,882
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Arrow is so shit right now that you mufuggas aint even commenting after the show? daaayuumm.

LOL. Its a slow start. Solid episode, except arrow getting his butt kicked by a random baddie, and thea pwning that nigga, then setting him on fire. lol

I see diggle is no longer putting bullets in fools, although his helmet is just goofy at this point.

The only thing i dont like so far, and i might be wrong, is that when theyre infiltrating some shit, its seemed sloppy as fuck in both episodes so far. Season 1 arrow was flames, cause he cased a joint, and fucking came in with a plan, wrecking niggas. Even last season didnt feel as off on the tactical shit like this season so far.

Its astonishing how thea sells being a strong female masked hero more than laurel. Laurel has gotten better overall, but im mostly interested in speedy screen time so far this season.

Arrow hanging out with Flash too much...

Also, been watching season 1 of Flash on Netflix.

So, what are the comic book cities based off of? Gotham is NYC. Metropolis is DC, I believe. What are the others?

It depends. According to Frank Miller, Metropolis is NYC in the day time, Gotham is NYC at night. On the other hand, writers have compared Gotham to Manhattan and Chicago.

Supposedly though, most sources place Gotham in New Jersey and Metropolis in Delaware, across the bay from each other.

Star City is kinda like Boston, I think. It used to be located in MA, but now it's usually portrayed as being around San Fran. It might be based off Seattle, but GA did operate out of Seattle separately.

Central City, I'm not sure what it's modeled after, but it's moved from Ohio to Missouri now, I think.

SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wasted wrote: »
    Fucking hell Thea, you wear red because you have Roy's costume, not because you're Red Hood.

its power ranger syndrome
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah, I don't think Laurel's plan is going to end well.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,872
    King9999 wrote: »

I honestly wasnt expecting the pit to bring back sara. I thought rip hunter was gonna grab her before she died or some weird shit. This will make legends of tomorrow interesting, and a few episodes of arrow, since she will be suffering from side effects of the pit.

The side effects should be temporary though, arent they.
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,993

Laurel's plan will bring in Constantine. Let her fuck up.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Oh yeah, duh. Bring in da magic to fix da magic issues.
    LEMME GET DAT!

I honestly wasnt expecting the pit to bring back sara. I thought rip hunter was gonna grab her before she died or some weird shit. This will make legends of tomorrow interesting, and a few episodes of arrow, since she will be suffering from side effects of the pit.

The side effects should be temporary though, arent they.

In the comics Ra's usually going though a procedure that minimizes the side effects of the pit. They just dumped Thea right in there.

As for this episode, I'm extremely disappointed with what they did with Anarky. Turning him into a generic hitman just feels wrong.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's also the bit about Ra's typically isn't dead when he uses the pit.
  • EVARGNUGEVARGNUG American Qi Joined: Posts: 878
    Diggle lookin' like he 'bout to snap a bch out. :rofl:

i fig constantine is gonna have connections to ollie or sumtin. dudes seen magik before at some point.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,888
    EVARGNUG wrote: »
    Diggle lookin' like he 'bout to snap a bch out. :rofl:

Dem roids
    God's favorite ©

• dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Guys...
    Isnt constantine coming back to help the group with the white canary aka sara lance and the lazurus pit.... in legends of tomorrow...
    Constantine will appear on this show in the 5th episode to help Sara.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,588
    Lance to finally reunite with a ressurected Sara, only to get murked by Damien Dhark

(might not even be Lance who dies, but we'll see)

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    I hope that Laurel doesn't keep Lance in the dark about Sara this time.
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, would you tell him the truth, or say we thought she was dead...again. Our mistake.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    M. Bison using that Psycho Power. LOL!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,928
    Mr. Terrific Begins, just got Domed!!
    Got to Protect ya cabeza - Yipes (2013)

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
    lmfao m.bison hired gambit to take out the capes.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    thea on a ninja murder spree. lmfao so hawt.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    maxx wrote: »
    thea on a ninja murder spree. lmfao so hawt.

That slow throat slit though.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,076
    edited October 2015
    So anyone else fantasizing about Original Canary and Nisa having a good bout of scissoring in the lazarus?
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Do you guys like how M Bison's crew are all modern with guns? It seems weird how he originally came from the League. The only characteristic they have is the Ghosts vanish quickly. I would think they have other things similar, but then I guess we'd complain it really is the League of Assassins all over again.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    I think I'm done with Arrow

bye felicia
    FOBio wrote: »
    Do you guys like how M Bison's crew are all modern with guns? It seems weird how he originally came from the League. The only characteristic they have is the Ghosts vanish quickly. I would think they have other things similar, but then I guess we'd complain it really is the League of Assassins all over again.

he had a different methodology than ras so it doesnt bother me. hes an american so hes got that way to how he takes out people...more militaristic.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So anyone else fantasizing about Original Canary and Nisa having a good bout of scissoring in the lazarus?

remove the new sara and put in the original from the pilot and you got a deal.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They got my baby Rutina in this ep. Also Arrowcave is looking sweet.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,928
    Damn, these dirty cops are on fkin point!!
    They had a counter for everything Team Arrow threw at them.

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • The EpidemicThe Epidemic Archduke Caramel Adonis Joined: Posts: 9,888
    Gimpy wrote: »
    They got my baby Rutina in this ep. Also Arrowcave is looking sweet.

Yea would tyrant slaughter her walls. Ready for next weeks ep doe!!
    God's favorite ©

NIce episode. Like digs new mask. Too many heroes though. I let it rock, cause its all good, but it kinda fucks up the pace. I just still dont like lara. lol. Shes so impossible to like. lol. I'd be more fine with just arrow, digs, and speedy. Just injure laura so she can focus on her daytime job, and stop with this wack ass bitch.

I dont know what it is about thea, but shes just been turning my buttons for a while now. Shorty is fine, and her, or her stunt double does a pretty good job with the fight choreography. Sometimes its wack, but its better than lauras by a long shot.

I kinda dont like that arrows genius is taking a back burner though. Like the fights dont need to always involve everyone imo, because then you get this weird fight editing that slows down the pace, and situations that should feel more threatening, feel a shit ton less threatening.

Arrow might be getting a bit too much with all the superheroes. Might as well call the show arrow and friends. They need to write some side stories for some characters, and lets get back to the genius of what makes green arrow as a comic book character so deadly, even by himself. I wouldnt mind side arcs for digs and laura, that keep them active in the story, but doing other shit, and a thea and arrow team up for a bit.

That aside, lol at oliver already knowing john constantine. I was expecting constantine to just wander through town upon this stupid shit, after finishing off a gay orgy with an nba player and two ladyboys. lol. I hope they dont waste the background story of him and constantine in next weeks episode, just so we can reuse constantine a few more times. Constantine was a good show. Marketing wasnt there i guess, and i dont think people really got him as a character, especially since the supernatural genre is trumped by supernatural, vamp diaries, and the originals right now.

DC should just cut a netflix deal for a 12 episode constantine stint, and show the networks what they missed out on.
    LEMME GET DAT!
    @jimmy1200
    If you want side stories for the supporting cast the best way to do that is to dropped the flashbacks. I feel they lost their meaning last season knowing Ollie didn't spend all five years on the island.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog: