TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS SSF2T Tournament Qualifier FINAL ROUND XV

RekkaKenRekkaKen SSF2T Combo MasterJoined: Posts: 52
Update:

We will be hosting an ST tourney for a chance to qualify for the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS event at EVO

When: SUNDAY MARCH 4,2012 12:00 PM

This tournament will be the first qualifier for the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS event at EVO 2012

Sign-Up will be at the white ST cabinet the moment you walk into the FR XV on your left.

Sign-Up will close tonight Saturday March,3 2012 to ensure a prompt tournament start for early tomorrow afternoon.

Sign-Up for this tournament is $20.00

We will be running this tournament on supergun.

If you have any access to PS2 joystick please PM me as soon as you can

OFFICIAL RULES
Rules/Format:
  • The rules and format for the Regional Qualifiers will be determined by the tournament organizers of those respective tournaments.
  • Players who have qualified, may enter any future qualifier with the exception of the tournaments holding two qualifiers on the same day (Super Arcade, Season's Beatings, East Coast Throwdown)
  • If the winner of any of the Regional Qualifiers has already qualified for the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS Finals, the runner-up will be awarded the qualifier.
  • If the runner-up is unable to compete at EVO, or has already qualified for the TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS, the qualifying spot will be awarded at the discretion of the ST Revival tournament organizers.
EVO Last Chance Qualifiers and TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS Finals:
  • Arcade Super Turbo - Cabinets and Supergun - Japanese and American sticks will be available
  • Double Elimination
  • 3 out of 5 games. FINALS are 4 out of 7 games.
  • No character lock. Players may switch characters at the start of the match or after losing a match.
  • Entry fee and registration will be announced soon.

Looks like we have one cabinet that is the same as the one from last year. Pretty decent sticks and plenty of room for even the widest ST player. :P

Larry whom I have known for at least 10 years is trusting me with the cabinet so it's pretty much what I say goes. But don't worry I'm not a douche-bag.

It has been 10+ years since I helped run a tourney and I am looking for some help. Any constructive ideas and thoughts are welcome.

As of right now I have no format or prize pool structure. If you want to make this awesome event and feel as if you can contribute the time and patience then by all means my ears are open to suggestions.

Numbers for ST when it was official last year were in the 30's or 40's I can't remember, so while I know there is not a ton of interest in ST and I am just talking about tournament participation here. ( Everyone and their mom play casuals though. )

Or we could just casual all day long and have the occasional MM's. I would love to get in on some FT 5's or 10's with some peeps. Nothing crazy though.
Back on the scene! (kinda)

Comments

• DimitrisDimitris Joined: Posts: 35
    ShinBlanka posted about a Japanese delegation travelling to the tournament. Any Jap ST heads too?
  • RekkaKenRekkaKen SSF2T Combo Master Joined: Posts: 52
    They Japanese are usually interested in ST. I know if Tokido goes he loves wall-diving his way to victory. Other Japanese always follow other Japanese so it's possible. I already hype just for casuals. Oh we will have an SFA2 board as well.
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,966
    Look into capture and streaming. (Streaming is the now.) Supergun setups tend to have 'CGA' video which can require special hardware.
    IIRC Final round is streamed by Team Spooky who're relatively ST friendly, so you should definitely talk to them.
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • RekkaKenRekkaKen SSF2T Combo Master Joined: Posts: 52
    Interesting development...Don't want to speak out of turn so let me ask some questions:

If you would be interested in participating in a ST tournament could you please list your handle and name.

I am trying to get an accurate count for interest and possibly other incentives.
  • damdaidamdai www.damdai.com Joined: Posts: 1,079
    Interesting development...Don't want to speak out of turn so let me ask some questions:

If you would be interested in participating in a ST tournament could you please list your handle and name.

I am trying to get an accurate count for interest and possibly other incentives.

I'll play. I think valle and cole would play too. Not looking forward to american cab though. Any chance of supergun?
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
  • dsinniedsinnie Joined: Posts: 4,132
    I'll play. I think valle and cole would play too. Not looking forward to american cab though. Any chance of supergun?

last year it had jlf's in it with sanwa buttons, he switched them out from the year before.

oh and i plan on playing.

last year they had streaming on a supergun in the beginning, but then it was pointed out one of the sticks was fucked up (it was one of those astrocity looking superguns) so the rest was put on the cab.

I also am willing to help with anything you need.
    I won't be there until Friday night though. Hopefully Larry won't be super strict on the "unofficial tournaments must run on Friday" rule.

Comeback Kyle is coming too. He will definitely enter, as will a friend I'm travelling with.
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
  • NaughtyZeutNaughtyZeut Down-back for life Joined: Posts: 429
    I would enter if it happens.

I also should have an arcadeshock jamma capture passthrough board by then, if someone wants to record the matches. I think I can at least throw that in the stuffed trunk.

Also ST or GMC board? I could bring my GMC board if desired.
    XBL: NaughtyZeut
    PSN: NaughtyZeut
    Steam: NaughtyZeut
    BattleTag: NaughtyZeut#1743
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,526
    I will enter.

And beat dsinnie without having to win as many matches as he did like last year.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I will enter.

And beat dsinnie without having to win as many matches as he did like last year.

Oh snap! someone is getting called out. Is this going to be a grudge match in the making?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    Oh snap! someone is getting called out. Is this going to be a grudge match in the making?

ask him who's money is on my wall.
    Gummo, Who's money is on dsinnie's wall? Did that money at one time belong to you Gummo? and how did it get into dsinnie's possession?
    Ah shit..    
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,526
    Gummo, Who's money is on dsinnie's wall? Did that money at one time belong to you Gummo? and how did it get into dsinnie's possession?

Its my $2 dollar bill on his wall. BUT this FOOL refuses to rematch me with that money because he knows that win was a fluke and is afraid to lose it.

The bigger question is who's yoohoo went into who's stomach?! Also, who got to ride shotgun after ECT because of the ST tourny?
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    YooHoos and $2 bills... this is seriously hype right now!
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • F-A-M-I-L-Y ManF-A-M-I-L-Y Man feedin you and feedin you Joined: Posts: 229
    The bigger question is who's yoohoo went into who's stomach?!

Hmm, not sure I want to ask that question.
    GGPO: Pillowhashi
    Its my $2 dollar bill on his wall. BUT this FOOL refuses to rematch me with that money because he knows that win was a fluke and is afraid to lose it.

You get another 2 dollar bill an we can money match anytime you want, not this shitty 2 one dollar bill's shit.

If it makes you happy though i will put up the 2 dollar bill to.

2 silver dollars.

2 Golden dollar coins.

4 half dollars.
    The bigger question is who's yoohoo went into who's stomach?! Also, who got to ride shotgun after ECT because of the ST tourny?

uhhh.. he did win a yoohoo. this is true.

He left out how much I had to drink before that. but it's cool hold dat.

ECT? you are holding on to that one huh? shouldn't be though.

ANYTIME ANYPLACE GUMMO!
    This is building up to be the grudge match of the century. Make sure you guys get video footage of the match, and video of the smack talk leading up to the match. You guys need to up the ante. Loser should have to open and close every post on SRK from now till next year with the follwoing.

"Lord dsinnie/Gummo(depending on who won) has graciously allowed me to speak." Followed by what ever you want to post about. Then end the post with "Long Live dsinnie/Gummo".

Then next year, loser can try to win their dignity back.
    Ah shit..    
    "Lord dsinnie/Gummo(depending on who won) has graciously allowed me to speak." Followed by what ever you want to post about. Then end the post with "Long Live dsinnie/Gummo".

But gummo already has to ask my permission to speak.
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    This is building up to be the grudge match of the century. Make sure you guys get video footage of the match, and video of the smack talk leading up to the match. You guys need to up the ante. Loser should have to open and close every post on SRK from now till next year with the follwoing.

Then next year, loser can try to win their dignity back.

thats not enough. Im thinking on call butt neked burpies. 113 of them ON CALL.
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • NaughtyZeutNaughtyZeut Down-back for life Joined: Posts: 429
    What's the word on the ST Tourney?
    XBL: NaughtyZeut
    PSN: NaughtyZeut
    Steam: NaughtyZeut
    BattleTag: NaughtyZeut#1743
    What's the word on the ST Tourney?

Most likely Sunday at noon, $20 entry.
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Also, in case anyone still hasn't heard, Final Round is the first qualifier for Tournament of Legends!
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    Results from Final Round

1st - Damdai
    2nd - Alex Valle
    3rd - Jason Cole
    4th - UltraDavid

Because Damdai won the fan vote, Alex Valle gets the qualifier.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    Does any one record final round st ?
    Does any one record final round st ?

I did. Uploading soon.
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
  • Pw3angedPw3anged Joined: Posts: 17
    I just want to take this time and give out a big thank you to damdai. I as well as others really appreciate the time and effort you put into keeping this game alive sir.
    I just want to take this time and give out a big thank you to damdai. I as well as others really appreciate the time and effort you put into keeping this game alive sir.

Thanks, I appreciate it ^_^ But Kuroppi and Ghaleon deserve all of the credit this year for organizing this awesome circuit of tournaments. I can only offer myself as a target for aspiring players and challengers.

The final 7 matches of the tournament have been uploaded.
    I'll upload the other 20+ matches over the next few days.
    http://frame-advantage.com/video/watch/5944
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
    What the

Is Cammy a bad matchup for Sim or something?
  • WolmarWolmar Joined: Posts: 184
    Oh yeah she is.
    Against Balrog, it determine the direction Shoryu fist input is difficult. Has been condemned to the left orinput, so right. I try to issue a reversal is born so firmly command you miss wandering.
    What the

Is Cammy a bad matchup for Sim or something?

Dhalsim still beats Cammy, but much like fighting thawk, is only applicable at the top.
    It wasn't an intended counterpick btw. I used Cammy exclusively from the start through some hondas and boxers. Had to switch it up when I ran into Valle's osagat in winners final.
    Cole actually tried to osagat my shit but decided it wasn't meant to be after 5 failed attempts to select him from multiple people, ha!
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com
    5 people failed at mashing up and down + jab?

What is it about the Cammy matchup that gives Sim so much trouble?
  • SteveTrenSteveTren RYU Ph.D Joined: Posts: 999
    I did. Uploading soon.
    I really didn't think you'd bust out Cammy! Nice wins as usual. I wonder if Valle realizes O'ken is better match against Hawk. With his DP reactions I think he might have given you a better match.
    GGPO: stevetren
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    What is it about the Cammy matchup that gives Sim so much trouble?
    Her j. strong beats almost all of his anti-airs clean including his slides and, if done properly, his super.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
    Well done to Damdai and Valle! The Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals I'm sure, were so epic! I hope all of the qualifiers are as awesome as Final Round.

To anyone that can answer this: Why use low short and jump jab ticks against O.Gat instead of stand jab (walking) ticks?
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
  • SteveTrenSteveTren RYU Ph.D Joined: Posts: 999
    Well done to Damdai and Valle! The Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals I'm sure, were so epic! I hope all of the qualifiers are as awesome as Final Round.

To anyone that can answer this: Why use low short and jump jab ticks against O.Gat instead of stand jab (walking) ticks?
    I heard low short is better for some reason also, maybe to avoid a wakeup tiger knee, who knows.
    GGPO: stevetren
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054

Because st jab ----> wlking 360 is harder than st fierce
    >super, is my guess.
    Because st jab ----> wlking 360 is harder than st fierce
    >super, is my guess.

Oh, my bad. I should've made it clear that he was using O. Hawk, not N. Hawk.

I'm just not good at it ^_^
    supercade.damdai.com
    tonamento.damdai.com
    frame-advantage.com

No I mean that tick is harder to do than doing a st fierce comboed into super with the rest of the cast.
    No I mean that tick is harder to do than doing a st fierce comboed into super with the rest of the cast.

Ah, gotcha.
    I'm just not good at it ^_^

lol. No problem. I thought O.Sagat might have been able to reversal it better than shotos. Training mode time!