Street Fighter X Tekken Signature Series Guide : Brady Games

p1pp1p A committed scrub for 20 yearsJoined: Posts: 22
Anyone know who the authors of this are? I have seen / heard that the Ultimate Marvel Bible was really good and want to get this but I want to ensure that it will have the same quality as the Marvel one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Street-Fighter-Tekken-Signature-Guide/dp/0744013801/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328705108&sr=1-1
·

Comments

• MascotRayMascotRay Joined: Posts: 125
    I'm not sure, but I would be shocked if it wasn't high quality. Brady Games knew they knocked it out of the park with the original MvC3 guide, and they made sure to follow it up even better with the Ultimate guide. There's no way in my opinion they drop the ball on SFxT, especially knowing how much the hardcore fanbase appreciated their efforts. Mine is pre-ordered.
    ·
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭
    it depends, not everything bradygames do is gold...actually their SSFIV guide wasn't that good~

the marvel ones were though because of the people who wrote it, i don't know who is doing the guide, however i dont think they are going to go back to what they used to do, considering how well their MVC3 guides sold. we'll know more about the guide upon release(i still pre-ordered mines just in case). its rather cheap too considering how much i spend for the SCV, and FFXIII/-2 guides(but all those books are worth the $$$) so even if its just for frame data, i think its worth checking out.
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
    ·
  • MrSoadaMrSoada Joined: Posts: 427
    In ShadyK's Cross Assault audition video, he said Clockw0rk was not allowed to audition. So I think Clockw0rk is working on the guide, which means Campbell Tran and the others should be as well.
    ·
  • ZeroX03ZeroX03 BBX Joined: Posts: 366
    I was just about to make this thread, I was curious as to who would write this. Hopefully it's on the same calibre as the MvC3/UMvC3 guides.
    YouTube Channel ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroXZ03
    PSN: ZeroX03
    XBL: ZeroXZ03
    Twitter---> http://twitter.com/#!/ZeroXZ03
    ·
  • beyond_deathbeyond_death Pony Advertising Joined: Posts: 44
    I really hope this is at least on par with the marvel guides. Those were amazing.
    ·
  • HeliconsoulHeliconsoul Joined: Posts: 77
    They have an image of the front cover on http://www.thehut.com/books/street-fighter-x-tekken-strategy-guide/10587278.html and it's some of the same folks as the marvel guide. not all of them though

edit - more facts
    ·
  • NickRocksNickRocks MvC2 sucks Joined: Posts: 16,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the marvel guide was useless as soon as the first patch came out.

im never buying a strategy guide for a fighting game again after that crap
    Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    Pushin weight off, throwing it up; pills in her mouth, coke in her butt
    ·
  • CBXCBX Joined: Posts: 30

I don't where you got that information from, but the marvel guide didn't become useless after the first patch the only thing that changed was sentinel's hit point value everything else remained the same.
    ·
  • ViddVidd Joined: Posts: 518
    I've already ordered it but I wonder if we'll get a sneak-peak soon. I'll bet it'll make trying out various characters a lot easier.
    ·
  • otoriotori Witness me Joined: Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't where you got that information from, but the marvel guide didn't become useless after the first patch the only thing that changed was sentinel's hit point value everything else remained the same.

Yeah the guide was even ahead of the playerbase for a lot of characters (and not so much for others...), like saying Dante's hammer was ridiculously good and should be abused with it's invincibility, which people didn't start doing until later. It also mentioned tron's assist as godlike etc.
    I won't be picking the guide up because I'm not really into this game, but if they keep the same quality as the MvC3 ones it's definetly a must have for anyone playing SFxT.
    ·
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,297 ✭✭

You should have read the patch notes man.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
    You can read a few names in the corner using the zoom-in tool.

Joe Epstein, Daniel Maniago (clock), Logan Sharp, and Josh Richardson. No buktooth.
    ·
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    Clock was one of the ones involved in making the guide according to the cross assault stream, so get it.
    ·
  • Dr. DeeliteDr. Deelite Joined: Posts: 349
    I'm not sure, but I would be shocked if it wasn't high quality. Brady Games knew they knocked it out of the park with the original MvC3 guide, and they made sure to follow it up even better with the Ultimate guide. There's no way in my opinion they drop the ball on SFxT, especially knowing how much the hardcore fanbase appreciated their efforts. Mine is pre-ordered.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Most of the people who worked on OG MvC3 and UMvC3 returned for SFxT. Unfortunately, circumstances kept some out of this go-round. That said, I really don't think you'll be disappointed. The SFxT guide is like the OG MvC3 guide -- it's a thorough, 400 page examination of a new game. It includes full frame data and a thorough look at every non-exclusive launch character by dudes who have played a whole helluva lot of these games.
    it depends, not everything bradygames do is gold...actually their SSFIV guide wasn't that good~

BradyGames didn't do the SSFIV guide.
    ·
  • GenistarGenistar BLARG! Joined: Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭
    Can you buy a guide like this at gamestop?
    Also can you get a discount on them in anyway?
    USF4: *Main* Elena *Subs* Rose/Poison
    Persona 4: Chie,Naoto
    VF5FS: Sarah
    ·

Amazon 12 dollars + shipping (free if your total order is over 25):
    http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighter-Tekken-Signature-Guide/dp/0744013801/ref=pd_sim_vg_5
    ·
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Most of the people who worked on OG MvC3 and UMvC3 returned for SFxT. Unfortunately, circumstances kept some out of this go-round. That said, I really don't think you'll be disappointed. The SFxT guide is like the OG MvC3 guide -- it's a thorough, 400 page examination of a new game. It includes full frame data and a thorough look at every non-exclusive launch character by dudes who have played a whole helluva lot of these games.

BradyGames didn't do the SSFIV guide.
    ahh ok, thanks for the clarifaction, but they did to my white knight guides...and their pretty terrible....
    ·
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I preordered mine when I found out it existed. The Gamestop guys know me by name now, and I'm hoping I can parlay that into a job there :P
    ·
  • TranslayerTranslayer Joined: Posts: 72

the marvel ones were though because of the people who wrote it, i don't know who is doing the guide, however i dont think they are going to go back to what they used to do, considering how well their MVC3 guides sold. we'll know more about the guide upon release(i still pre-ordered mines just in case). its rather cheap too considering how much i spend for the SCV, and FFXIII/-2 guides(but all those books are worth the $$$) so even if its just for frame data, i think its worth checking out.

The Super Street Fighter IV guide wasn't very good because the guide was published by Prima in which we know that every guide that Prima printed had a ridiculous amount of errors.
    ·
    ^ a few post ago someone had already clarified this....o_O
    ·
    http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/street-fighter-x-tekken-official-strategy-guide/98901

Your paying a little bit for convenience of course but yeah.
    ·
  • danomightydanomighty WTFSRK Joined: Posts: 1,200
    any previews of the guide? i wanna see the layout.
    I was hung over from both drinking and smoking yesterday so to clam down the smoking and hangover I smoked some more...
    HOLD DAT!
    Marn talking to Mike Ross @ FR14
    ·
  • WestloWestlo Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Not yet, but I hope they show some, the MVC3 guides were good but I want to see what they can offer with SFxTK before committing. Probably going to be Ryu and Kazuya if they do it...
    SSFIV AE - Cammy/Ken
    ·
  • InfilInfil Waiting for shoryuken.com... Joined: Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be the first FG guide I pick up. I wasn't a Marvel player but I browsed the Marvel book and it looked amazing. Hopefully I can pick it up locally, since getting stuff shipped to Canada from US websites usually isn't worth the hassle + time + shipping costs. :(
    Check out my Killer Instinct Guide for SFIV Players! Learn the mechanics and strategy in familiar terms with lots of cool videos.
    ·
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Party Astronaut Joined: Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish people would stop calling guides "bibles" it's fucking insulting. It's a book that teaches you the basics of a game, and poorly at that 9/10.
    If you don't realize who this is by now than you'll never know.
    -SH

I hate your favorite game.
    ·
  • TomTom Joined: Posts: 53
    Yeah the guide was even ahead of the playerbase for a lot of characters (and not so much for others...), like saying Dante's hammer was ridiculously good and should be abused with it's invincibility, which people didn't start doing until later. It also mentioned tron's assist as godlike etc.
    I won't be picking the guide up because I'm not really into this game, but if they keep the same quality as the MvC3 ones it's definetly a must have for anyone playing SFxT.
    yeah the guide was great, but didnt they miss trons invincible assist?
    ·
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭
    wish people would stop calling guides "bibles" it's fucking insulting. It's a book that teaches you the basics of a game, and poorly at that 9/10.
    Why can't I dislike this post?
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
    ·
    Why can't I dislike this post?
    You notice the links in his signature?
    http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/
    did you really think he was gonna post anything of value.
    This might be the first FG guide I pick up. I wasn't a Marvel player but I browsed the Marvel book and it looked amazing. Hopefully I can pick it up locally, since getting stuff shipped to Canada from US websites usually isn't worth the hassle + time + shipping costs. :(

If your near an EB games they will have the guide march 1st.
    ·
    well the SCV guide from future press was really good >_>' though it has a few errors. its was good...but i've pre-order this guide already, so whats done is done.
    ·
    There will be samples, I'll link to them when they're up.
    ·
    Sounds good. Looking forward to that. :)
    ·
  • Yomi HomiYomi Homi Joined: Posts: 8
    Thanks. Really lookin forward the some samples.
    ·
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Most of the people who worked on OG MvC3 and UMvC3 returned for SFxT. Unfortunately, circumstances kept some out of this go-round. That said, I really don't think you'll be disappointed. The SFxT guide is like the OG MvC3 guide -- it's a thorough, 400 page examination of a new game. It includes full frame data and a thorough look at every non-exclusive launch character by dudes who have played a whole helluva lot of these game

You mean this book won't let me solve the mystery of how the tiny cats work?!
    ·
    There's a Japanese guide coming out for it also. I just don't see it fore preorder up yet.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    ·
    Alright here it is

Street Fighter x Tekken "Master guide" by Tristar books. Not sure why they didn't go with Enterbrain/Arcadia... since their AE mook was pretty good with some hit box information and what not.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4797368799/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=AN1VRQENFRJN5ISBN-10

[SIZE=13px]ISBN-10[/SIZE][SIZE=13px]: [/SIZE][SIZE=13px]4797368799[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]ISBN-13: 978-4797368796[/SIZE]
    ·
  • stevestevensonstevestevenson Joined: Posts: 173
    I have it pre-ordered. looking forward to it.
    yeah the guide was great, but didnt they miss trons invincible assist?
    yeah that was one of the biggest things they missed. they knew about the Sentinel health change before launch but not until after the guide deadline. if anyone is interested in hearing more I would recommend listening to this: http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/14/wakeup-shoryuken-e082-clockw0rk-and-drdeelite-dm-brandon/
    (you should all be listening already!)
    ·
  • ChaosAlloyChaosAlloy Member Joined: Posts: 8
    Anyone know if Gamestop is stocking the guide yet? I believe they were supposed to get it early
    ·
  • JesseJesse Joined: Posts: 70
    Will they release another version of the guide when they release the DLC characters?
    ·
  • InfilInfil Waiting for shoryuken.com... Joined: Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if anyone is interested in hearing more I would recommend listening to this: http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/14/wakeup-shoryuken-e082-clockw0rk-and-drdeelite-dm-brandon/
    (you should all be listening already!)

I somehow missed this podcast when it came out, but after listening to this, I have gained 1000x more respect for Clockwork and Dr. Deelite, and I'm definitely going to pick up the SFxT guide, if nothing else than to just support these guys.

This podcast makes me wish I had 2 hours to talk with them and pick their brains about all sorts of topics, lol.
    Check out my Killer Instinct Guide for SFIV Players! Learn the mechanics and strategy in familiar terms with lots of cool videos.
    ·
    Anyone know if Gamestop is stocking the guide yet? I believe they were supposed to get it early
    My boy told me that stores in the midwest didn't get them today but will have them by saturday at the latest, idk about other regions though.

He said they fucked up on the computers and had the date earlier then they actually had trucks coming in.
    ·
    GS lists stuff early, especially guides, all the time. Those dates are put into a database months in advance and just sit there. I wouldn't expect it early (we worked too down to the wire for that) but it should be on time.

I'm hoping the Amazon orders are actually timely this time, still not sure what happened with that on Ultimate. I've ordered my own day 1 copy through Amazon just to see what happens this time. XD
    ·
    I'd like to suggest that an e-version of these guides is sold. Importing the mvc3 ones cost me quite a bit of money and this way I'm sure the guide would reach a much bigger customer base (europe, australia, other continents, etc).
    ·
  • entrerixentrerix legendary buster wolf Joined: Posts: 1,170
    an e-version would get pirated so fast... i don't think it would make as much money as it lost in sales of the hardcopy.

maybe if they released the e-version a month after the regular one?
    mains: Al Rashid, Zarak, Vertigo, MidKnight
    alts: Ragnar Bloodaxe, Korr, Talon, R.A.X.
    ·
    Both mvc3 guides were pirated anyway.
    ·
  • kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,037
    I pre-ordered the guide. I like fighting game guides. Frame data and attack data help me out with matchups, thats normally what i use these guides for. Plus many come with good starter combos and strategies to get you right up to competitive speed within a couple of hours with a character without the need to muddle through srk.
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
    ·
  • Class RealClass Real Joined: Posts: 479
    Will they release another version of the guide when they release the DLC characters?
    If it's anything like the Marvel guide it'll have info on them already.
    SSFIVAE: Juri
    UMvC3: X-23/Doctor Doom/Amaterasu
    ·
  • FallenAngelFallenAngel Joined: Posts: 183
    It will probably have info on Pacman and Megaman only. I ordered mine anyway,hope is as good as Marvel guides.
    ·
    Finally. Seth posted a teaser image on his Twitter.
    It's Jin though, so boo.
    ·
    DELICIOUS
    ·
  • KeresKeres (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Joined: Posts: 704
    Looks just like the MvC3 guide. In other words: amazing.

Also, lmao "Penetrating Fist."
    XBL: AIAB Keres / twitter: @cloudymusic
    SF4/P4A/3S
    ·