Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS R: New update for GGXX! coming to Arcade, PSN, XBLA and now Vita!

Comments

• ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,384
    Blazblue generally wants longer combos, while Guilty Gear has a greater focus on neutral. It's more subjective, depending on what comes naturally to you.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • Benji41Benji41 Joined: Posts: 136
    Alright cool thanks for the responses. I will be picking up the latest Guilty Gear and probably Blaze Blue.
    SSF4 AE 2012 Main:Guile,Dee Jay
    Back up:Balrog,Makoto
    UMVC3 Main:Mag,Storm,Task
    Back Up:Cap,Spencer,Nova
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,703
    Benji41 wrote: »
    Alright cool thanks for the responses. I will be picking up the latest Guilty Gear and probably Blaze Blue.

Make sure you are picking up a version that can be updated to +R...
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    So this is a thing...
  • krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,849
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,808
    About goddamn time
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge One Bad Day Joined: Posts: 16,507
    Updating NOW! 110 secs to go!
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Don't forget to go to options and set +r on.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • SkullboySkullboy Drinking With Skeletons. Joined: Posts: 12,486
    All you bitches who want a fight, add me on either platform.

Goddamn that took 6 million fucking years.
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • YusukeUrameshiYusukeUrameshi With my back pressed against the weight of the world.... Joined: Posts: 1,958
    Ya'll motherlovers know what time it is. +R time baby.
    White_ninja_dance.gif
    Too bad the netcode is still probably horrid so i can't still fight any of you :/
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Didn't the update improve the netcode by a good amount?

I know when I started playing R+ on Xbox my games had a lot less lag on average than before the update.

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,420 mod
    I'm no longer free to buying the non Japanese version.

Thank you based Arc.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited March 2014
    Block strings and combos into Fafnir All Day!

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
  • KYO84KYO84 Riddle Solver Joined: Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 2014
    Are people trolling when they say the Netcode is like BB/P4A? I'm talking about the PSN update.
    "Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees!" Magneto
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,569
    KYO84 wrote: »
    Are people trolling when they say the Netcode is like BB/P4A? I'm talking about the PSN update.

Who said that?? :rofl:
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    its the same netcode i thought, GG just not having the same hitstop/buffer those games do
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    Net code is not like P4. Because I would play it nonstop

• KYO84KYO84 Riddle Solver Joined: Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I meant after the update on PSN. Someone in the comments on the front page said it.
    "Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees!" Magneto
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 2014
    shit, i can't even remember how to play ac, let alone +r. stopped bothering to watch +r videos eons ago when the patch kept getting shrugged off. this is going to be painful.

the game still doesn't scale properly for 4:3 displays though. bleh.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,711
    FINALLY!

I've been mostly playing 0 bar connections, most likely from a different region so I can't give my opinion til' I played a 3-4 bar connection.

• Horo_KHoro_K Joined: Posts: 21
    edited March 2014
    Video explanation about fuzzy jump and fuzzy throw:
    Post edited by Horo_K on
  • VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    This is a bit of an off-topic question, but why does GG AC/+R use up so much memory? It's about 950 mb (little bit from 1gig).

The games graphics don't look amazing either. I think it has something to do with all the sprites but I don't know for certain.
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    I think the sound and music is uncompressed.
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hello chaps i got a bit of a problem, this is the only place i can think of

I recently purchased ggxxAc plus R from the usa psn store (me being from europe and also my ps3)

The problem is when i'm trying to play it i've got a huge black boarder across the bottom of the screen (which i can live with tbh) but the game feels ultra slow very much like back the the days of when stuff was 50hz.

I'm using an old crappy tv (defiantly not a hd ready one) using my old ps2 scart lead or just the standard rgb lead, ive tried changing the settings, but it seems to make no difference heck it wont let me change the resolution from standard pal.

What can i do to remedy the situation, please be aware i'm not really up to speed with current tech, i've just been bumbling along happily with my standard old crap and have never had any issues with any other games running like they are 50hz

Having said that this was my first purchase from the american psn store, all my other purchases have been from the hong kong store, like dominated mind and chaos code, and they've run perfectly

Where'd i go wrong?
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • NateMareNateMare 3rd Strike 4 ever Joined: Posts: 57
    the game still doesn't scale properly for 4:3 displays though. bleh.
    on the xmb go to display settings, select the av cables, select 16:9, yes I know....doesn't sound right but try it. In the game it will line up to 4:3 and there will be no black borders.

I recently purchased ggxxAc plus R from the usa psn store (me being from europe and also my ps3)

The problem is when i'm trying to play it i've got a huge black boarder across the bottom of the screen (which i can live with tbh) but the game feels ultra slow very much like back the the days of when stuff was 50hz.

I'm using an old crappy tv (defiantly not a hd ready one) using my old ps2 scart lead or just the standard rgb lead, ive tried changing the settings, but it seems to make no difference heck it wont let me change the resolution from standard pal.

What can i do to remedy the situation, please be aware i'm not really up to speed with current tech, i've just been bumbling along happily with my standard old crap and have never had any issues with any other games running like they are 50hz

Having said that this was my first purchase from the american psn store, all my other purchases have been from the hong kong store, like dominated mind and chaos code, and they've run perfectly

Where'd i go wrong?
    try what I suggested gaijinblaze, if you're on crt then select your input method and choose 16:9 display
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thanks for the idea, but i already tried that and it just vertically stretches the picture. it gets rid of the letterboxing as you said, but the sidebars are still there so the aspect ratio of the gameplay area is wrong. that's not a trade that i'm willing to make or would recommend. i guess us old fogeys are stuck playing mini guilty gear unless this trick is working on some people's tvs.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • SinJulSinJul Tiger Bazooka! Joined: Posts: 291

Where'd i go wrong?

Friend of mine told me that the PS3 Version actually runs at 50Hz on CRT TVs. So if you're using a CRT TV, the game is running at 50Hz and that's why it feels slow to you.
    Got to get a new screen to fix the issue.

http://www.akihabarashop.jp The best shop for Arcade Parts!
    http://sinjul.wordpress.com/ My Arcade Stick News/Reviews blog!
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    Carlos, I got one question. I liked your Guilty Bits series, but why didn't you explain each character's combos (bread n butters at least)? I'm still having trouble figuring them out.
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,703
    edited May 2014
    Carlos, I got one question. I liked your Guilty Bits series, but why didn't you explain each character's combos (bread n butters at least)? I'm still having trouble figuring them out.

Carlos is the one who narrated.

And combos are too huge of a subject to cover. Doing it properly could make the project 2 times bigger than it already was. Also doing all these combos myself to record them would take many extra hours and let's not get into execution heavy characters.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    okay, then which website has a list of combos for each and every character?
  • DangerOnTheRangerDangerOnTheRanger based TvC god Joined: Posts: 298
    Dustloop's AC+R character subforums should have you covered. Dustloop's AC+R wiki is another place to look, though currently the coverage of each character's combo section varies pretty wildly (some characters having nothing at all listed).
    I am the salt of the earth.
    Rage is my body and salt is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand excuses.
    Unknown to winning, nor known to humility,
    Have withstood bans to write many forum rants.
    Yet, those hands will never hold that L.

So as I play,
    UNLIMITED SALT WORKS
    So like

Anyone on PS3 down for some games later?

Tumblr (NSFW)
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thanks chaps, much obliged
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • Magnet_TechnicianMagnet_Technician Joined: Posts: 17
    It looks like we're getting a PC version of +R.
    It's probably a pipe dream to hope that the netcode's gonna be better than console's, but I really hope it is . . .
    I have to say that i am still dissapointed that they never gave us the option to select between the character version on the character select screen like they did with GGXX Slash.

( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,672
    I'm actually excited for it to come on PC, I'll buy it no matter what to show my support. I'm hoping a PC port will breath some life into the community and hopefully hopefully hopefully (not crossing my fingers) have some good netplay.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,142 mod
  • Magnet_TechnicianMagnet_Technician Joined: Posts: 17
    d3v wrote: »
    Hope it doesn't use the Korean OST.

I hope it comes with the original OST AND the Korean OST, because the Korean OST had some pretty great songs on it.