Last Blade 2 Character Guides/Advanced System thread

Comments

• Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 897
    @Eirokaj no problem it's what I do. I hope I never come off as rude though.

I use 623C as a mix up sometimes off of a 2C/A or a blocked sweep. Not totally useless but not all that good either. You can try chaining into a sweep then doing the 623C to hit them when they get up. Risky since its slow and punishable on block but it might work occasionally.

Regarding Ex Hibiki her DM gets a damage buff, she has her super cancel (though it's really finicky in a corner), and her Sdm. All normals do chip and on hit do more damage than speed mode. So yes power and speed combined while taking roughly 50% more damage from everything. It's worth it for the stylish colors or if you want a challenge.

@StoneDrum Yes and no. Power mode has a higher learning curve beyond basic stuff with combos that require multiple links. Inputs are lenient for the most part. There's stuff that has to be done clean and precise like 5A xx 641236 B with Hibiki or 6C xx 41236C with setsuna (with armor active) If your input isn't precise you get her 236B or 623B. In Setsuna's case you'll get his 623C. Short hop is also very touchy but it's also very good so it makes sense in a way.

The game also holds inputs for a second so you can do things like charge down, dash for a second and then do 7/8/9B and get Lee's flash kick. Or do 2146 hold 6 to walk forward a bit then press AB to get Hibik's DM for example.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    just a little confused if the game is trying to be noob friendly or not. about the short hops yeah theyre great but beyond beginner level doing them right has to be near 100%, so it seems like a needlessly touchy thing.

which goes into my next potential gripe with the series. this game seems really jump heavy with spamming jumps and hops. as a sword based fighter it kinda bothers me because in a sense i want it to have as strong of a footsies game as samsho.

question, how come a few stages in lb2 seem to exist, but no character seems to make the stage come up? are they arcade only? if so that is so lame!!!! because the stages are gorgeous
    edited May 2016
    I don't know why it's so touchy for low jumps in this game. It just is. Maybe it's a programming goof or maybe it's intentional. Who knows. Imo the game is in the "easy to learn hard to master" category.

"Airsies" if you will take some getting used to. It's not so bad till you run into a kagami that does nothing but jump A literally all friggin day. Not unbeatable but good. Like sagat spamming cr. Fierce in cvs2 or Chun Li far fierce in 3s. Except most characters have an air attack like that so yeah, Airsies.

The game does have footsies. You'll run into an Amano player somewhere that will always be looking for 2A xx 616A/B xx DM when you try to poke with something high. It's scary, painful, and the closest thing this game has to a c.mk xx super.

I'm not sure how it works on the ps4 version (i generally play the arcade version) but the console versions I've played all have some sort of stage select. Final arcade stage never shows up iirc unless it's picked manually. Which is ok since that stage has slowdown.
    Post edited by Dracula_X on
    thanks dracula_x really appreciate the insight.

how do banned things work? what about in fightcade, how do players handle banned things?

oh, and if i could get insight into which characters are easy/hard would be fantastic. i really like genbu even if hes not very good
  • EirokajEirokaj Fighting Game Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 1,094
    Dracula_X wrote: »
    @Eirokaj no problem it's what I do. I hope I never come off as rude though.

I use 623C as a mix up sometimes off of a 2C/A or a blocked sweep. Not totally useless but not all that good either. You can try chaining into a sweep then doing the 623C to hit them when they get up. Risky since its slow and punishable on block but it might work occasionally.

Regarding Ex Hibiki her DM gets a damage buff, she has her super cancel (though it's really finicky in a corner), and her Sdm. All normals do chip and on hit do more damage than speed mode. So yes power and speed combined while taking roughly 50% more damage from everything. It's worth it for the stylish colors or if you want a challenge.

Goodness no, you didn't come off rude at all; I saw your post as a way on helping me understand the character's capabilities better.

Like I've mentioned earlier in my previous post, I originally didn't see much use on going for her 623+C since it's not only has poor startup, but it wasn't registered as an unblockable move once fully charged as well (not really sure why the SRK wiki has it written there). But despite all that, once you've mentioned that said move is an actual overhead, I now see some potential uses with it. Again, thanks for pointing that out.

I see. When you mean by "challenge", you mean that that particular mode requires higher execution/learning curve? And yes, EX colors looking mad lovely, though I do wish the purple alternate was available in Power mode...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/YuriAcTN
    Tumblr: http://yuriactn.tumblr.com/

=====

"Another victory, yes, but... there is always another battle." — Arbiter
    i wish all colors were available in all modes :pray:
    edited May 2016
    @Eirokaj More like challenge as in you're gonna die in 2/3 combos if you screw up. I mean Juzoh can kill you in 2 throws depending on meter, Amano need to hit you with like 3 2A, 616B combos, Shigen can (probably, have to check) outright kill you with one counter super connecting since that super breaks the damage cap by itself.

I made a combo movie years ago and I had Shigen do jump B, 5B, 214A, 63214x2 AB to Ex Lee and it was 100% damage. Risk/reward.
    @Eirokaj More like challenge as in you're gonna die in 2/3 combos if you screw up. I mean Juzoh can kill you in 2 throws depending on meter, Amano need to hit you with like 3 2A, 616B combos, Shigen can (probably, have to check) outright kill you with one counter super connecting since that super breaks the damage cap by itself.

I made a combo movie years ago and I had Shigen do jump B, 5B, 214A, 63214x2 AB to Ex Lee and it was 100% damage. Risk/reward.

So in other words EX Hibiki has less health then? Weird, I thought damage scaling would have kicked in during red health segment.

=====

• IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 205
    Dracula you ever try the ngcd port? Just wondering how it measures up to neogeo.
  • ThundaThunda Joined: Posts: 827
    Is the ps4 version of this worth buying? I havent seen much discussion about the games network quality etc.
    edited May 2016
    Thunda wrote: »
    Is the ps4 version of this worth buying? I havent seen much discussion about the games network quality etc.

It's not exactly mandatory, but nice to have if you enjoy the game; you're honestly better off playing it on Fightcade instead, in my opinion. For the netcode, it's all input delay based, therefore if you just so happen to be paired up with a player who has exceeded over 150 pings, you will be experiencing some major slowdowns throughout the match (and trust me, it's quite painful).

=====

• 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    @Eirokaj One other thing that might be useful - a lot of the guides I've seen for this game just dump a list of combos without any real explanation. I see you've been more selective with what combos you've put in the guide (compared to, say, the wiki), so would it be possible to get a brief description of what each combo is useful for after the notation?
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
    0sh wrote: »
    @Eirokaj One other thing that might be useful - a lot of the guides I've seen for this game just dump a list of combos without any real explanation. I see you've been more selective with what combos you've put in the guide (compared to, say, the wiki), so would it be possible to get a brief description of what each combo is useful for after the notation?

Aside from damage (and maybe potential setups after knockdown off from QCF+B ender), there's really no true intent behind the combos that are listed; I mainly was just trying to find as many combo routes to keep note of, to be honest. But despite that, I can still give your suggestion a shot and see where it'll take me from here.

=====

• FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860
    Its a fairly difficult to execute in game for some thigns and easy for others. Ars Magna just uploaded a Tournament from 2014 that has a dope EX Amano . Really shows why EX can be brutal.

(part 1) there are 2 parts.
    <<>>
    whats the point of the downed otg attacks in this game??? seems kind of pointless since they are so easy? why do they exist
    Extra Damage, some of them help to setup better oki. IE after Lee's DP you get his leaping downed attack and get better oki because of it.
    <<>>
    i get that part i just dont get why it exists if theres never a reason not to do it. i guess with some characters it is sometimes good to skip it and set up something else
    Eirokaj wrote: »

So in other words EX Hibiki has less health then? Weird, I thought damage scaling would have kicked in during red health segment.

All Ex characters are like that. Less health/take more damage however you want to look at it.

Shigen's counter DM breaks the damage cap because it's 3 hits that don't show on the combo meter so each hit gets reset and is full damage. Comboing his grab DM has the same effect: it doesn't scale due to it being a throw I guess. It can't be done to everyone though so it probably won't come up often.
    Iboki wrote: »
    Dracula you ever try the ngcd port? Just wondering how it measures up to neogeo.

Yep I have. Arcade perfect with awesome music to boot. Only downside is the horrendous load times.
    edited May 2016
    StoneDrum wrote: »
    i get that part i just dont get why it exists if theres never a reason not to do it. i guess with some characters it is sometimes good to skip it and set up something else

Yeah I guess you could consider it to be a trade of a tiny bit more damage vs the time to improve your positioning in whatever way.
    Done with my Hibiki guide (for now); https://evernote.com/shard/s511/sh/5f82fb94-1076-45c7-8718-ca06e7341bee/1c9630a69d7af336ef8c24c02f708d4c

I'm considering on doing Lee next (he's very fun to play as).

=====

Man every character in this game is pretty fun to play. I really have problems settling on just one.

Character I am most interested in learning right now though is S-Washizuka. He is pretty tough to play, I don't see how the japanese move like that. So amazing.
    <<>>
    Washizuka is the only character I wrote anything up for on the wiki here. I did that I like 2009. Needs updating.
    Yeah I know most of his basic stuff, its just applying it all thats hard. I really have a problem doing running punishes after charging.

Also @Dracula_X do you know the correct way to do a run under turn around attack? basically so your attack comes out the right direction. There is a description in the wiki but its not clear.
    <<>>
    edited June 2016
    thanks dracula_x really appreciate the insight.

how do banned things work? what about in fightcade, how do players handle banned things?

oh, and if i could get insight into which characters are easy/hard would be fantastic. i really like genbu even if hes not very good

Online for stuff that's banned it's really just a gentlemans agreement I guess. The one I run into the most is Zantetsu A+C in the air. If they do something I ask them to stop. Usually they do but not always.

I hear people are running into lots of people using Ex Kouryu online in ps4. If they're spamming his fireball just walk forward and block. You'll take a lot of chip but you'll get in eventually. Other options are using Zantetsu's 236A or Amano's 623C (hard but doable) to reflect the projectiles. Moriya can teleport in on him and punish if your timing is good. Lee can AB~D to cancel the projectile and Hibiki can AB dodge them. It's dumb that people use him but nothing you can do really.

Imo easiest character is probably Setsuna. He doesn't have any links and he's pretty direct. Game plan is basically get knockdown, activate armor (63213C), pressure with stand A and low jump B, punish stuff, repeat. Confirm A into 236A, 236236AB when you can. Speed is the same thing just use chains to confirm 214B and his DM.

Okina I keep meaning to write something up about I just haven't had the time. Short rundown of sorts: He's best in power. B turtle then 623B/C is a ghetto setup that'll work on a lot of players. Look up cataphract playing him on YouTube. Power mode combos are usually something like 4Ax2 A xx 623A or 4Ax2, 2A xx 236B. A and B turtles can otg opponents. 63214C does good damage but only connects up close or after 6C. You can do 4A, A xx 63214C if you want. You can use it to punish ground recoveries though. 63214A also will connect after A/2A up close and you can use it if you want. You're safe if it hits. His DM only connects as a super cancel off of 63214B and that only works off a deflect. You can use it as a an early anti air if your opponent is predictable sometimes. Also will combo after 6C depending on screen position. His Sdm only really combos after 6C but its an awesome move to demoralize your opponents with and can anti air sometimes. Teleports are okay for runaway or surprising your opponent but the attacks are punishable so be careful with it. He's got tough match ups but nothing unwinable except *maybe* Zantetsu.
    Yeah I know most of his basic stuff, its just applying it all thats hard. I really have a problem doing running punishes after charging.

Also @Dracula_X do you know the correct way to do a run under turn around attack? basically so your attack comes out the right direction. There is a description in the wiki but its not clear.

For dashing in and punishing stuff after blocking and always (unintentionally) charging your specials you gotta start combos with 2C or 4A. You still might get the untintended fireball though just takes a lot of practice. The other thing you can try is running in with A+C as it'll stop specials from coming out. Washizuka is a lot harder than Japanese players make him look, but he's fun.

For jump cancelling the timing is annoying and hard to do consistently. You do a dash under someone then as soon as you cross their axis you do 8~2A/C and combo from there. If you do it right you won't jump. It only seems to work right when you go under them. I've never been very consistent with it so I personally don't go for it that often. Hope that helps some.

Post edited by Dracula_X on
    Are there any dedicated LB2 channels on YouTube? Panda Girl Bingo is one of them, but unfortunately he/she hasn't uploaded any LB2 matches in over five years now...

=====

I don't know of any dedicated channels. LB2 doesn't get played very often even at places known for old games.
    <<>>
    thanks dracula x =)))))))))))))))))

been playing this game for a few hours... it's really fun. simple but the mind games dont feel too simple. this game really needs more coverage and love
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,933
    Power Yuki seems to off no benefits over Speed Yuki, Speed Yuki sucks still but whatever.

I'll have to disagree with this. POW yuki can be for more offensive than Speed/EX Yuki due to Pow modes normal reflect. While damage output is roughly about the same, Pow requires less work and at times even have high damage put.

While I admit that haven't found the effectve/worthwhile use for her Pow B+C then Speed/EX.

But Pow other perks such as DM cancel, SDM unlocked, 6B,6C cancel works wonders for her.

Speed only advantage is easier conversion and slightly better mix up potential which is needed for few match ups I admit.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
    edited June 2016
    keo-bas wrote: »
    Power Yuki seems to off no benefits over Speed Yuki, Speed Yuki sucks still but whatever.

I'll have to disagree with this. POW yuki can be for more offensive than Speed/EX Yuki due to Pow modes normal reflect. While damage output is roughly about the same, Pow requires less work and at times even have high damage put.

While I admit that haven't found the effectve/worthwhile use for her Pow B+C then Speed/EX.

But Pow other perks such as DM cancel, SDM unlocked, 6B,6C cancel works wonders for her.

Speed only advantage is easier conversion and slightly better mix up potential which is needed for few match ups I admit.

6B cancel? When I was testing* her frame data for her normals the only one that changes is 2A can be canceled on block but not on hit. 6B on block puts you in stun for 25 frames. You can cancel the last frame of stun with any special though and you're only at -4 on block so you're safe and you're out of range for throws. Guard cancels are a threat, but that goes for anything that gets blocked. But if you try a fireball or a dp you might get poked out before it hits. Her 623A is her fastest special at 14 frames you could use at that range (her 63214C is 2 frames) and most people can poke you out. Whether they try it is another story though. They mistime their poke and get ice in the face. Risk/reward?

*Method of testing FBA-RR using lau scripts and frame advance.
    I made a discord for this game for anyone interested. https://discord.gg/013E4gfxTPcIot22K
    niiiice.

I just picked it up on PS4... The ghosting is really bad on my hdtv..

=====

edited June 2016
    Cool stuff. I should note that any kind of block setup you use to land her Sdm *can be jumped out of. They still might get hit by the slash though.

*Amano, Juzoh, and Shigen have a few more startup frames on their jumps before they leave the ground so it's totally worth going for on them.

Also because someone asked low jump timing is 7/8/9 for 4 frames or less. So yeah touchy as hell. Honestly it might be 5 frames but I can't be 100% sure since fba-rr updates a frame late sometimes.

Using Hibikis AB, 4C to ground cross people after a knockdown is dirty and awesome. Doing that her air B can cross up ambiguously with no real tell of which side it'll hit on.
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, as long as the opponent neutral jump after blocking her j.B, they will not get hit at all (not sure about back jumping, though).

Also, does LB2 has back dash invincibility? I've been wondering about this for awhile now.

=====

@Eirokaj I don't know honestly but I don't think it does. I'll check after work
    edited June 2016
    Chances are, back dash invincibility may not exist (but If it does exist, it must be really mere in frames).

I guess to make up for that, characters can avoid certain low profile attacks when back dashing instead (but even with that being said, it's still risky).

=====

um. i found last blade 2 frame data.
    gdi just watching those resets made me want to start playing the game again.

SHOW ME
    edited June 2016

SHOW ME

well it doesnt seem complete, but it does appear to have startup and active frame numbers for most normals?? im still looking through it right now to see if i can find it in more complete form, but it is here:

www29.atwiki.jp/lastblade2kouryaku/pages/58.html

the complete frame data has to exist somewhere >;(
    interesting
    so full frame data exists, and japanese players still share it with each other.

i wasnt given it, because the guy didn't like me when we played MOW. he teased me by giving something, which may appear to be kaedes data, but im not sure how to read it or if it is worthwhile.

7020618791763.png?key=FOVP5NYKJFGNRAY6SABWCHNLMUFUOZDL

so full frame data exists, and japanese players still share it with each other.

i wasnt given it, because the guy didn't like me when we played MOW. he teased me by giving something, which may appear to be kaedes data, but im not sure how to read it or if it is worthwhile.

Link is broken.
    WyoTLp7.jpg

Dracula X says it matches the numbers he's gotten for kaede
    Pretty sure that from the mook. I can't make sense of some of it though like what the (AB) C might be
    I can upload the image itself if anyone would like. I just took a phone camera screenshot of it for convenience
    I think "(AB) C" represents a command move into follow-up, but Kaede doesn't have that kind of capability within his move list.

=====

So do you think it is not kaedes data? "/

We also don't know what the dark blue or green is
    edited June 2016
    My guess would be:
    Cyan: Startup
    Red: Active
    Green: Invincible (Flash? The long times make it seem likely to be a DM/SDM anyway)
    Blue: Recovery.

Also can at least confirm that the title (Japanese line at the top) says that it's frame data for o.Kaede.

EDIT: Also re. the confusion about notation - A・B is the notation used in some Japanese games, though I'm not 100% sure what for (probably chains?). (A・B) ・C thus probably means that C has that frame data regardless of whether it is prefaced by A・B or not.
    Recovery was my guess too but Dracula I think said he didn't think so.

I'd really love how much each attack is + or - for this game. I think that'd be uber helpful to play at a higher level