Last Blade 2 Character Guides/Advanced System thread

Comments

• jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 424
    Do you think that it would be better to play Moriya in EX mode? It seems that at the highest level it takes one too many combos for S Moriya to end the round. He has the mix ups and safe pressure, but two combos and a few pokes and he dies to the likes of Zant/P Lee/P Muk/P Kagami and even P/S Amano out does him. With EX he can be putting out that much more damage and can use his SDM. I am trying to come to grips with why Mor is not able to pull the win from the videos I've seen.
    Casually playing:
    SFIV: Fei, Yun
    ST: Ryu, Deejay
    SG: Valentine
  • apple arcadeapple arcade Joined: Posts: 345
    this game is so far ahead of it's time.

I wish they would release a slightly sped up version of it on XBLA
    XBL = APPLE 01 DOJ
  • Ultimate_BraverUltimate_Braver Just Call Me Braver Joined: Posts: 256
    Is it a good idea to play S.Kaede instead of P.Kaede?
    Any advantages S.Kaede has over P.Kaede?
    I play anything old.
  • jamiejame911jamiejame911 Ever learning Joined: Posts: 424
    P Kaede is what most of all the tournament players play and they do quite well. I never seen a speed one do well.
    Casually playing:
    SFIV: Fei, Yun
    ST: Ryu, Deejay
    SG: Valentine
  • -WiL--WiL- Out to Lunch Joined: Posts: 108
    As long as the S Moriya player is adept at doing the 5a,2a,5b,412b(ac),5c,623a623b / 5a,2a,5b,412b(ac),5c,6 41236ab combos the damage difference between Ex and S is negligible. Definitely not enough to make up for the huge damage penalty for Ex mode. His only real advantages are his corner juggles, and his improved oki game mid screen compared to S Moriya.

That being said Ex Moriya is still a very good character and he's probably only a little worse then S Moriya.

No real reason to use S Kaede over P Kaede. S Kaede can do 41236c,22a/b which is very damaging, but he builds meter so slowly in speed. His chain combo strings aren't really that useful either as they are all unsafe on block save for his basic 4a,5a,5a one, so he ends up playing like a watered down version of P Kaede.
    I am just a dreamer
    But you are just a dream.
    Online Last Blade 2 Matches ! - http://www.youtube.com/user/WiLMaster002
  • NoodlzNoodlz $$Billz yall Joined: Posts: 331
    sorry if i'm necro'ing this thread, but decided to play a little last blade 2 and wanted to look up the character guides and realized that the links no longer work. Anyway someone has a functional link to the character guides? or point me to the right direction where I can look up guides for the chracters? thanks.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,984
    Any guild line to dealing with S. Moriya? I have a hard time looking for openings against him with P. Yuki.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • Big Texas AndrewBig Texas Andrew Joined: Posts: 18
    This game is just too godlike.

In that ancient tier thread I noticed kyokuji saying that infinites aren't allowed in this game. How do you even go about enforcing a rule like that? Limiting the amount of repetitions or something? Sounds annoying.
    sorry if i'm necro'ing this thread, but decided to play a little last blade 2 and wanted to look up the character guides and realized that the links no longer work. Anyway someone has a functional link to the character guides? or point me to the right direction where I can look up guides for the chracters? thanks.
    The character guides are just further down in the thread I think.
  • Dracula_XDracula_X unblockable Joined: Posts: 918
    thread bump for hope of interest. IIRC most of the infinites are allowed for 1 rep in tournaments. I've seen akari players using 2 Back +B's in a corner combo for example and mukuro players doing command dash Back +A into combo ender of choice after a standing B. Zan's and o. kaede's glitch air combos are just outright banned as far as i know.

A+C works for buffering things in this game kinda like A+D (or similar buttons) works in garou. For Mukuro you could try Back A X2, A xx SDM, though you are likely to get his hcf A move to come out. If you do Back A x2, Qcf A+C, Qcf +B the special move won't come out but you'll get the sdm instead. Same thing works for Kaede and makes linking into his sdm easier. i assume this is known somewhere but i hadn't seen it posted here so there you go.
    Time lost can never be retrieved.
  • asuka_langley_soryuasuka_langley_soryu Joined: Posts: 3
    This thread and the whole lb2 community should die. Nobody plays this shit anymore. lb2 on GGPO is full of retarded noobs. all hail to asuka!!!!!!!!! King of LB2!!!!!
    Oh and fuck you dracula X and Nightwing and Mushishi Noob and Kyokuji. ASUKA IS NUMBER 111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    good to see your keyboard works i guess
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    his keyboard always worked he was just bored

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

YOU GAYGAY NIGGA NOOBS ALL BOW DOWN TO ASUKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Bumping the crap out of this.
    THIS BUMP OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    Hallo, I am trying for some months to learn the game but some things are not well clarified.

at 50 seconds:

In Power mode is this considered a cancel into a super move? I mean, I do the special move, press C and then do the desperation move? I did it once randomly and couldnt figure out how it happened. What are the exact inputs for this? For Hibiki she does this with f,d,f, B, then screen flashes and then she makes a desperation move. What do I press in between? Do I press just the DM inputs?

too slow!
    Yeah that's her super cancel. You do close standing B into f,d,df +B, then qcb, f +AB (for the dm) in one motion and it should work
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    thanks.
    too slow!
  • Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    I had a question, how is the speed Yuki player performing the hopping attack mid-string in this a-cho video?

They do it right away in the match that starts at 6:40, it looks like her j.A but it knocks down and is chained into via standing A B (then the hop)
    Let's play.
    That's just neutral A,B,C chained together. All characters have it (some are better than others though, shigen's is a hard knock down for example) and it can be used for various shenanigans if they recover
  • Xenozip.Xenozip. what a nincowpoop Joined: Posts: 3,942
    Ah, thanks.
    Let's play.
  • Truzen HilpomTruzen Hilpom Joined: Posts: 32
    The link for the Hibiki guide is broken. I want to see a guide to see her speed combos and speed special combos. Until now I only play with power Hibiki. I want to learn to use her speed mode.
    Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend - Taokaka
    Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Hotaru Futaba
    The Last Blade 2 - Hibiki Takane
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Amaterasu (Cold Star)/X-23 (Crescent Scythe)/Deadpool (Katana-Rama!)
    i'll type something up for ya my next day off
  • Truzen HilpomTruzen Hilpom Joined: Posts: 32
    i'll type something up for ya my next day off
    thanks. I can't find anything on google
    Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend - Taokaka
    Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Hotaru Futaba
    The Last Blade 2 - Hibiki Takane
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Amaterasu (Cold Star)/X-23 (Crescent Scythe)/Deadpool (Katana-Rama!)
  • SkeletrollSkeletroll Banned Joined: Posts: 1,267
    Are the Wii VC versions of Last Blade 1 and 2 worth getting? All I've ever had is the shitty PS2 version, and I can't find any in depth info regarding these versions aside from they "look good" Just wondering what the bottom line is, and what I should know about them. I'm mainly just interested for smooth offline play, thanks in advance for any info.
    The link for the Hibiki guide is broken. I want to see a guide to see her speed combos and speed special combos. Until now I only play with power Hibiki. I want to learn to use her speed mode.
    Wow i totally forgot about this. I will have something typed up after this insane week of work is done

Are the Wii VC versions of Last Blade 1 and 2 worth getting? All I've ever had is the shitty PS2 version, and I can't find any in depth info regarding these versions aside from they "look good" Just wondering what the bottom line is, and what I should know about them. I'm mainly just interested for smooth offline play, thanks in advance for any info.

No port will ever be 100% because nothing seems to match the awesomeness of the neo geo. I'll get them and write up a review of lb2 at some point. Until then just get an emulator and play that way if you can.
    Wow i totally forgot about this. I will have something typed up after this insane week of work is done

No port will ever be 100% because nothing seems to match the awesomeness of the neo geo. I'll get them and write up a review of lb2 at some point. Until then just get an emulator and play that way if you can.

Well I'm not expecting 100%, but 95% wouldn't be bad. Anything besides this shit PS2 port would suffice. As for emulators, I'd prefer some sort of console version, so until then I'll eagerly await your reviews, thanks for the quick reply too.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    The Wii version is an emulator of the AES version.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

the ps2 version isn't THAT bad. It has some sound issues but the gameplay is intact.
    the ps2 version isn't THAT bad. It has some sound issues but the gameplay is intact.

The slowdown is horrendous even in Practice Mode. Versus Mode is unplayable.
    The slowdown is horrendous even in Practice Mode. Versus Mode is unplayable.

There is slowdown on some stages in the arcade version too. I'm not saying it's the best port, but it's better than the dreamcast version anyway.
    There is slowdown on some stages in the arcade version too. I'm not saying it's the best port, but it's better than the dreamcast version anyway.

Yeah I tried the DC version too, so when I first got the PS2 version I was initially pleased. Then once I started messing with characters I noticed the problems. Stupid on my part, but I forgot that just about every friend of mine owns a Wii, I'm simply gonna test it out there and then decide if it's worth getting for myself.
    Alright i played lb2 on wii for about 2 hours last night and i can say it's better than the ps2 version in almost every respect. Having the neo geo cd music was a plus with that though.If it's on the Wii version i didn't notice it. then again i didn't really look.

It might just be me but i swear this game still looks better on a pc emulator but that may be the hd screen or something.
    As far as i can tell every combo and trick i know is intact. all the link combos, glitches involving reflecting okina's qcf C turtle ( the 2 i tried) and trading shigen's back +B with things like hibiki's DM. All that works. As with every other version there is slowdown on some of the stages. The Shrine, Flames, Gate, Village, and Graveyard all have noticeable slowdown. Probably the best version there is outside of the actual neo geo mvs/aes or neo geo cd version. It's worth the money.
    Does anyone know the name of this Last Blade 2 combo vid. It was basically a compilation of every character and each segment started with that character's portrait. IIRC there was no BGM, and it ended with a compilation of Kouryu's combos. I can't seem to find this one on youtube.
    One of persona's LB2 vids was like that but there was no kouryu combos. It does sound vaguely familiar though.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

This the one? Has a BGM and ends differently, but does fit the portrait thing.
    That's the one I was referring to but it's not the one he was asking about. he has another lb2 vid up on orochinagi somewhere i think. or maybe it's still on www.combovideos.com
  • lawgamerlawgamer Joined: Posts: 69
    Is there any good resources for Last Blade 2 besides this thread? I mean the wikis, forums, FAQs... I'm mostly interested in character analysis.

Shoryu wiki is almost empty on characters. Dreamcancel wiki is very basic http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Last_Blade_2 There's also this http://wiki.hardedge.org/index.php?title=The_Last_Blade_2 but it's in German.

Though the thread is seemingly dead, I'm hoping for an answer from LB2 fans =)
  • Kat_FortuneKat_Fortune Jumpin the Sharknado Joined: Posts: 26
    Is this the combo vid? youtube.com/watch?v=n6c1rEZcKkI
  • 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    lawgamer wrote: »
    Is there any good resources for Last Blade 2 besides this thread? I mean the wikis, forums, FAQs... I'm mostly interested in character analysis.
    Hey sorry for the crazy late reply, but I figured I'd note anyway that there was some info (I think mostly character intro guides) on the ggpo.net forums. They're currently unavailable though so I can't provide you with any links (you could probably use google's cache but by the time anyone reads this they it'll probably be back up anyway).

SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki