Last Blade 2 Character Guides/Advanced System thread

Comments

• KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    Thanks for the Zantetsu strat! too bad i have no one to play it with..... and watch them so i can learn... oh well. I guess that makes it just more fun to learn because i can learn all by myself. ^_^

There's always kaillera. I think this is one case where you're gonna find better comp' online than off. Keep in mind that he is often banned/soft banned from tournaments (I think he's banned indefinitely in power) so I wouldn't get 'too' acquainted with him. That dash slice move just makes things way too random, because he gets to do like 25% damage off any lucky hit. Plus he can just spam it as many times as he wants since you gotta punish it like 'immediately'.

As for the PS2 layout, I'm pretty sure it's customizable just like every other fighter, so I doubt it matters.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • KeNpunch12KeNpunch12 Joined: Posts: 244
    There's always kaillera. I think this is one case where you're gonna find better comp' online than off. Keep in mind that he is often banned/soft banned from tournaments (I think he's banned indefinitely in power) so I wouldn't get 'too' acquainted with him. That dash slice move just makes things way too random, because he gets to do like 20% damage off any lucky hit.

As for the PS2 layout, I'm pretty sure it's customizable just like every other fighter, so I doubt it matters.

oh well i have it on Dreamcast. Im finding it hard to play. What i really want to play is Mark of the Wolves, but it's impossible to find on the Dreamcast. So, oh well right.
    My town is full of Traps

The Magnus Revolution!
  • DebaserDebaser no box required Joined: Posts: 803
    What does Kagami's:qcb: :snkc: do exactly?
    Edward James Olmos? You got class man! Kemo Sabe!
    -Gandido
    AV by Worthless, Infinidragon, Epp1e, SuicidalGrandpa, DominoLogic
  • Mushishi GinkoMushishi Ginko Joined: Posts: 210
    What does Kagami's:qcb: :snkc: do exactly?

It's a fairly worthless special that charges his super meter. You'll need to hold C to keep charging. Cool in principle but, it's startup and recovery time are fairly lengthy so it's utility is almost nonexistent.
    Do I know the meaning of rhetorical?
    - Homer Simpson
    The only use I've seen for Kagami's :qcb::snkc: is as a sort of end of match taunt. I saw someone guard cancel into :snkb: and then cancel into that and hold it until his meter was full, which delayed the winpose segment.
    The only use I've seen for Kagami's :qcb::snkc: is as a sort of end of match taunt. I saw someone guard cancel into :snkb: and then cancel into that and hold it until his meter was full, which delayed the winpose segment.

That's freakin' sweet! Now if I can just stop doing the damn move accidentally each time I go for a :d::snkc: as opponents try to cross me up.
    - Homer Simpson
    Wachizuka guide please?
    -Gandido
    Washizuka

Power

:l::snka: > :l::r::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb:
    :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb:
    :l::snka:, :l::snka:, :qcb::snka:/:snkb:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :d::u::snka:/:snkb:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snka:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    (Must cancel quickly into the :l::r::snkc: from further away)
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcb::snkb: > :df::snkb:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcb::snkc: > Follow-up punish ground recovery or dash :df::snkb:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :qcb::snka:/:snkb: (Don't mash it, it's easier to punish if you give them time to react)
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb:
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :qcb::snka:/:snkb:
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc: > :l::snka::snkc: > :d::u::snka:/:snkb: (Buffer down during the shoulder charge)
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:> :l::snka::snkc: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb:
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:> :l::snka::snkc:, :l::snka: > :qcb::snka:/:snkb:
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:> :l::snka::snkc:, :l::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: >
    :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb:

Speed

:l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc:/:qcb::snkb:/:snkc:
    :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    :l::snka:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > follow-up of your choice.
    :l::snka:, :d::snka:, :d::snkb: > :d::u::snka:/:snkb:
    :d::snkc:, :d::snka: > follow-up of your choice
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snkb: > follow-up of your choice
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > follow-up of your choice
    :l::snka:, :snka: > :d::snkc: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > follow-up of your choice
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka: > :d::snkc:, :l::snka: , :snkb: > follow-up of your choice
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka: > :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc: > :l::snka::snkc:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > follow-up of your choice.
    :l::snka:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc: > :l::snka::snkc:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > follow-up of your choice.
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > follow-up of your choice
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :d::snka: > follow-up of your choice
    :d::snkc: (x4)

EX

:l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    :l::snka:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    :d::snkc:, :d::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: >
    :qcb::snka:
    :l::snka:, :snka: > :d::snkc: > :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: >
    :qcb::snka:
    :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka: > :d::snkc:, :l::snka: , :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb: > :qcb::snka:
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :l::snka:, :snka:, :snkb: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb:
    :snka:, :d::snkc:, :d::snka: > :l::r::snkc:, :qcf::snkc: > :qcb::db::r::snka::snkb:

Gameplay

He's best on speed, but he can be used effectively on power.

As the only true charge character in the game, and because of the ease with which moves are buffered in LB2, Washizuka has one problem unique to him. It's difficult for him to dash in and punish someone without tossing a fireball by accident, because you usually hit back to stop the dash in time to avoid doing a dash attack. You can remedy this by starting combos with :d::snkc: or hitting back and then letting it go to neutral and doing smaller combos with :snka: starters to punish instead. You could also cancel the dash with :d: instead and then go into :l::snka:, but that takes a little bit longer and you might accidentally buffer a :qcb::snka:.

Aside from that, he's a solid upper mid-tier character. He's got a great fireball, and his anti-air and DM can be used to punish air recoveries. His DM is also great off a ground-air parry.

He's got some of the safest speed combos in the game since he can switch to high/low within his combo at any time, or end with his quick multi-slash move (keep it to one hit most of the time unless you're absolutely sure it's going to hit). This doesn't mean you should just blitz somebody mindlessly with combos, but it does mean that if you do mess up and go too far into one, you can probably get out of it safely.

:l::snka:, :snka: :df::snkc: > :qcb::snka: is probably his safest block string.
    You can also do 2 or 3 :qcb::snka:/:snkb:'s one after the other pretty safely, but I would do this very very sparingly.

His ability to start combos off his :d::snkc: also means that he gets a lot of use out of running under someone jumping straight up and jump-cancelling into his low on the other side. Again, watch out for people with good cross-ups when you do this.

He can link in and out of a lot of his stuff, but most of his long link chains aren't all that practical. That being said, none of them are especially difficult besides the multiple back :snka:'s, and the multiple :d::snkc:/:l::r::snkc: ones are pretty much impossible to use in actual play.
    The only ones you'll likely see in a tournament situation though, are his :d::snkc: starters and maybe his double :l::snka:, :snka:.

Jump :snka: is his best air-air and :snkc: is a good cross-up/jump-in tool.

He moves really far forward if you charge his unblockable up until he's flashing, making it more difficult to evade than most, but not a whole lot safer.

If you're using him in power, his mid-screen game gets a lot more dangerous because of the high damage on :qcb::snka:/:snkb:.
    Yowzers,that was fast. Thank you.
    -Gandido
    Had a talk with someone and apparently Zantetsu isn't banned outright in most cases, but his kagehoushi tachi koppa (the dash slice move which makes him retarded) is.

This is very bizarre, because it's the first instance of banning an actual move instead of the whole character that I've heard of. It's like banning ST Akuma's air fireball instead of just banning Akuma. I can't confirm any of this yet though.
    A-CHO Tournament Ban List for the game:

*NOTE: This is only a partial list. I an unable to obtain the full one at the moment since it's long gone from a-cho's web page, and even if it was there, I wouldn't be able to find it on my own. If somebody else has it saved somewhere, it'd be much appreciated.

Banned techniques:

Moriya:

Moriya's teleport glitch loop infinites.

Mukuro:
    :l::snka:, :snkb: > :r::l::r::snkc: > :l::snka: :snkb: > Etc.

Kagami:

:l::snka::snkc:, :r::snkb:, :d::snkc: > :l::snka::snkc:, :r::snkb: > Etc.
    (This is really really hard anyway)

Zantetsu, Lee and O. Kaede's air infinites (Similar to Zabel's from Vampire Saviour)

Akari :l::snkb: and Zantetsu's :qcf::u::snka: used repeatedly.

Repeated (infinite) dash-forward :l::snka: with Lee and Mukuro.
    (Also exceedingly difficult)

Bugged moves that allow for unintended air combos such as Zantestsu and Lee's air :snka::snkc:, and
    O. Kaede's air combos.

Using Akari's air throw glitch on a grounded Lee/Akari, since their get-up animations allow them to be thrown off the ground over and over.
  • Radiant93Radiant93 -Radiant- Joined: Posts: 596
    i have a question though.. just what does zantetsu's qcf , up + A look like? the jump-cancel thing... sorry for the question though. i play LB2 and more or less i can consider myself to be an intermediate player.

wow. just recently found this thead... i've been playing for like 2-3 years already and it seemed like there was really a lot that i still dont know just by reading this thead, and the links to previous guides.
    MvC2: MSP / GGXX:AC: Anji Mito / T6BR: Ling Xiaoyu / SF4: El Fuerte / BBCS2: Mu-12

- AV by TetsuAKA -
    It looks exactly the same as his :qcf::snka: except that it shortens the recover on the move so he can juggle with it over and over. It's not exactly an infinite but he can do it a ton of times. Enough to max out the damage counter.

The thing with the guides is I played for years without ever seeing any match videos, so it's funny that most of what I thought up is exactly the same as what the Japanese did.
    A-CHO Tournament Ban List for the game:

*NOTE: This is only a partial list. I an unable to obtain the full one at the moment since it's long gone from a-cho's web page, and even if it was there, I wouldn't be able to find it on my own. If somebody else has it saved somewhere, it'd be much appreciated.

Banned techniques:

Moriya:

Moriya's teleport glitch loop infinites.

Mukuro:
    :l::snka:, :snkb: > :r::l::r::snkc: > :l::snka: :snkb: > Etc.

Kagami:

:l::snka::snkc:, :r::snkb:, :d::snkc: > :l::snka::snkc:, :r::snkb: > Etc.
    (This is really really hard anyway)

Zantetsu, Lee and O. Kaede's air infinites (Similar to Zabel's from Vampire Saviour)

Akari :l::snkb: and Zantetsu's :qcf::u::snka: used repeatedly.

Repeated (infinite) dash-forward :l::snka: with Lee and Mukuro.
    (Also exceedingly difficult)

Bugged moves that allow for unintended air combos such as Zantestsu and Lee's air :snka::snkc:, and
    O. Kaede's air combos.

Using Akari's air throw glitch on a grounded Lee, since his get-up animation allows him to be thrown off the ground over and over.

Zantetsu's kagehoushi tachi koppa (Not verified yet, but I'm assuming this is the case since none of the Zantetsu players I saw used it).

I'm thinking of changing my name to Miyagi No Infinites. This way I will have more credibility when I try to enforce these rules.
    - Homer Simpson
    Well, I dunno how you'd dredge up enough good players for a tournament in the first place, and it doesn't really matter too much in casuals since most people either won't know most of this stuff, or won't be good enough for it to matter.
    LOL, I'm just poking fun at that Miyagi No Throws dude.
    - Homer Simpson
    oh yeah. i see what you mean. but i always get the TK (Tiger Knee) Version of his qcf+a air version everytime i try to execute that command. am i doing something wrong?
    MvC2: MSP / GGXX:AC: Anji Mito / T6BR: Ling Xiaoyu / SF4: El Fuerte / BBCS2: Mu-12

- AV by TetsuAKA -
    Not doing it quick enough I guess.
    Shit's banned anyway, so if you can't get it down, I wouldn't worry about it.
    You could try :qcf::uf::snka:

I didn't know you played A3 Mushishi, lol. Or have you just heard about other people's run-ins with him?
    Not doing it quick enough I guess.
    Shit's banned anyway, so if you can't get it down, I wouldn't worry about it.
    You could try :qcf::uf::snka:

I didn't know you played A3 Mushishi, lol. Or have you just heard about other people's run-ins with him?

I don't play A3 at the moment. I'm considering it though. I just saw some posts about Mr. No Throws and they amused me.
    - Homer Simpson
    lol. that's what i think im doing at the moment. more like doing cable's AHVB. damn i still cant get it...

- AV by TetsuAKA -
    lol. that's what i think im doing at the moment. more like doing cable's AHVB. damn i still cant get it...

I've had some success trying to do it like one fluid :qcf::uf::u::snka:

Just try to time hitting :snka: before you reach :uf:
    - Homer Simpson
    yeah. i think i got it there. anything specific? like how can i tell if i got the execution correctly or not aside from the frame/recovery advantage?...

watched those vids from youtube. man that was awesome. that akari player kicked a**...

- AV by TetsuAKA -
    Go into practice mode, push the dummy into a corner.... execute, rinse and repeat. If you do it right you'll juggle him.
    - Homer Simpson
    If you do it right, you should be able to cancel into something else before they fall.
    Go into practice mode, push the dummy into a corner.... execute, rinse and repeat. If you do it right you'll juggle him.

i was able to 3 times in a row and the 4th wasn't able to hit... was that it?
    LOL..

@Kyokuji : got any more vids? wow... like tourney vids or some sort.

- AV by TetsuAKA -
    You have to dash forward after the 3rd one.
    Someone said you can do it up to like 12 times or something.

I had a whole bunch more, but I lost a lot of them when my old hard drive died. I still gotta few I haven't uploaded. Maybe I'll get around to it sometime.
    oh i see. i'll try that later when i get home.
    thanks

sure. upload it some time man.. i want to see it. i use different character combinations though, much different from what you mentioned that top-rank players usually use. like:

speed lee
    power amano
    speed kagami
    power washizuka...

- AV by TetsuAKA -
    I don't think choosing S-Lee, S-Kagami, or P-Amano is being 'different'. You wanna be different try using P-Yuki. :P
    - Homer Simpson
    That's not different either ironically enough.
    Most people don't know she's crap, and a lot of people seem to gravitate to her naturally because of her range.

The most common characters vary from arcade to arcade, but you'll probably see a lot of Lee or Kagami no matter where you go.
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    obiviously people should pick juzoh. If your good at doing the follow ups, it's almost two grabs = death (though usually it's more). Juzoh is just too much fun because of that.
    <<>>
    Depends. Most people can get out of both follow-up throws by mashing A and B back and forth, so you're forced to use the swing follow-ups most of the time unless you really catch them by surprise with a psychic air throw or something.
    The swing follow ups were what I'm talking about. A perfect normal swing follow up does 90 damage I think? and a perfect super swing follow up does 120. I don't ever do the airgrab unless it's after a deflected jump in, or in a combo off of the forward kick.
    <<>>
    obiviously people should pick juzoh. If your good at doing the follow ups, it's almost two grabs = death (though usually it's more). Juzoh is just too much fun because of that.

I don't play Juzoh (maybe I should) but it's really annoying to play against a good player. His grabs are so damaging I feel like crying each time I get nailed.
    - Homer Simpson
    That's not different either ironically enough.
    Most people don't know she's crap, and a lot of people seem to gravitate to her naturally because of her range.

The most common characters vary from arcade to arcade, but you'll probably see a lot of Lee or Kagami no matter where you go.

True... She gets more love than she should because of her range and an seemingly overpowering SDM. In the little that I've played online (barring EX characters) I've probably seen these chars the least...

Speed Okina
    Speed Juzoh
    Speed Amano
    Speed Mukuro
    - Homer Simpson
    I think Speed Juzoh's about as rare as it gets.
    Seriously, it's like, whats the point?
    <<>>
    ermm. okay. thanks for that.

also i want to add something. though i haven't seen this posted in the Lee Guide section.

During Lee's speed combo, the universal one. (a,b,c, a,b,c, a,b, qcf+c). you can do down+b just as soon as the animation for the qcf+c starts (more like the down, up+b in a normal move) to knock them back to the ground. guarantees a sure up+c otg IMO.

- AV by TetsuAKA -
    Well, I figured that was obvious, but you should do it after the first few hits, not right away. You get more damage that way.

Seems to be a resurgence of ultra defensive players recently. Guys who jump constantly and rarely ever move forward making them difficult to combo. The trick to fighting people like this, is to either land some hits then turtle yourself (since if you force them to come to you, most of their game falls apart), use a ground normal on them as soon as you think they'll jump again, immediately go to combo them when they land (if you time it right, they'll be forced onto the ground), or throw them when they land after a poorly timed jump-in.

Normally, people like this are parry bait, but it's more difficult online so you can't rush down as often as you might like.
    I've been running into a few of these as well. At my present skill level it can be difficult and a bit frustrating to handle these tactics. Playing on excellent seems to help a bit. Playing a character with a projectile attack helps too if I'm careful.
    - Homer Simpson
    The key is just patience. The reason why you never see this kind of style at high levels is because you end up taking a ton of reset damage (can't block ground normals on the way up), and most of these guys lack any offensive fundamentals outside of jumping in over and over (see Sword Strength).
    The thing with that kind of playing is that if your offense is better than their's, you can just land some damage and then turtle for the rest of the round, and 90% of the time, they won't know how to attack you properly. Most of these guys will just jump-in 500 times which is easily remedied by backwards air strikes or air blocking.