Charleston, SC: Home of the B*tch Made Gauntlet™

Comments

• IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    when you dress up for drag queen night (we know that you keep that Wesley snipes too wong fu head shot in your wallet) just change into some normal clothes and swing by afterwards. Though that downtown trip might cost you more than $20 :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • romevjrromevjr yomoms@myhouse.com Joined: Posts: 469
    GGs last night. I thought it went pretty fast considering the number of matches that had to be done.

Josh how did you and Ray do at KIT?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. I might decide to bury you in two places.
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    Okay, I'm pretty sure Paul has my ps3 controller.

Did he leave it at Realms, or does he have it?

EDIT:Went to Realms today and got it.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
  • yllib2yllib2 Joined: Posts: 142
    Respect to josh for the to Wong fu reference hahahaha. And Austin i remember people trying to figure out who a ps3 pad belonged to. Might want to ask Thomas.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
  • thehurricanethehurricane Joined: Posts: 492
    Good games to to everyone last night and thanks for coming out to support week 1 of the season. I have the updates where everyone stands as of right now as far as records. If you didn't show up to week 1 I will try and get you to do most of your matches next week. A lot of people who are last is because they didn't show up with a record of 0-0.

TTT2
    1. Paul
    1. Ryan
    1. Anthony
    1. Shawn
    2. Jerome
    3. Domenic
    4. Calvin
    4. Thomas
    5. Josh
    5. Arthur
    5. Ray

umvc3
    1. Collin
    1. Thomas
    2. Jayson
    3. Seth
    3. Calvin
    3. Kevin
    4. Billy
    5. Vince
    5. Clifton
    5. Arthur
    5 Avery
    5. Rob
    5. Josh
    5. Revon

AE
    1. Billy
    1. Thomas
    1. Ryan
    1. Seth
    2. Collin
    3. Shawn
    4. Jayson
    5. Kevin
    5. Domenic
    6. Calvin
    6. Paul
    6. Austin
    7. Logan
    7. Vince
    7. Arthur
    7. Josh /Kimbo
    I will continue putting my Makoto in there.

If anyone loses to her I will make a dunce cap for you.
  • tehflavortehflavor My sex is too large. Joined: Posts: 643
    Good shit last night fellas. Had a blast.
    I just checked my work schedule, and apparently im off tomorrow AND tuesday as well! So yea lots and lots of dat marvel(and maybe some sf and sfxt) at my place in west ashley in the next 2 days.
  • Karnage227Karnage227 Joined: Posts: 83
    Played some SFxT online. Rufus' dive kick is pretty much useless now. If it doesn't hit at like knee level or lower good luck getting a combo much less frame advantage. He still has a really ambiguous cross up with j. MK and a decent anti-air in cr. MP so it's not TOO bad. Zangief's walk speed change doesn't really seem to affect me much (yet) and I haven't had too much issue with his st. MP nerf (yet.) They stealth nerfed the damage on Lariat which is stupid because it's a shitty anti-air anyways. The damage buff on SPD is nice, though, and he can get a guaranteed SPD (or Super) if someone rolls. Overall I'm not entirely sure if I should keep this team but if I do I'm gonna have to change up how I play it a lot. Rufus is no longer a rush down machine, and Zangief is much more defensive now than he was pre-patch. Certain match-ups (like zoners) are probably going to be hell, but we'll see how it goes.
  • EcoReckEcoReck oh no please im not good with computers Joined: Posts: 37
    So yeah, an arcade opened up in Athens, GA. We're starting up a tournament series there beginning with Marvel on Feb 16th! Thought I'd let you know since you're one of our border states.

The tournament thread is here http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Ffeb-16-2013-flashback-fights-flashback-games-arcade-umvc3-athens-ga.175159%2F

To which you can also find the facebook event page to RSVP and whatnot.
    BM | Eco
    XBL: EcoReck
    UMvC3: Tron/Vergil/Magneto, Tron/Frank/Dante, Maybe one day I'll pick 3 good characters...
    SFxT: Chun-Li/Nina
    Fuck SFXT, I am not Capcom's robot.

I am already giving them a shot again with Vsav Resurrection preordered from Japan.

If they fuck that up, they're dead and gone to me.
    Hey guys I posted this on Facebook today but I'm gaming tomorrow frm 730 to midnight. If I can tomorrow I would love to get some week one matches in for people who missed it. Realms on Saturday the first part is for people to make up matches with week 1 then we go to week 2. I also think sfxt is more solid than the First.
    I'm working until Super Bowl Sunday. Could i please get my week 1 opponents names so that i can schedule when i can get my matches done?

"Dude yea"
    Josh here are your week 1 and 2.

SFxT
    Week 1:Collin, Ryan, Thomas, Revon
    Week 2: Seth, Billy, Kevin

TTT2
    Week 1: Arthur, Anthony, Domenic
    Week 2: Ryan, Jerome, Paul

Marvel
    Week 1: Kevin, Avery, Cliffton
    Week 2: Collin, Seth, Billy

AE
    Week 1: Calvin, Revon, Billy, Paul
    Week 2: Kimbo, Kevin, Arthur, Ryan, Collin.
    Collin (SFxT), Ryan (SFxT), Thomas (SFxT), Revon (AE, SFxT), Arthur (TTT), Anthony (TTT), Domenic (TTT), Kevin (MvC), Avery (MvC), Cliffton (MvC), Calvin (AE), Billy (AE), Paul (AE):

Could y'all text me your days and times of availability? Mine vary week to week. I'm typically supposed to have Wednesdays and Sundays off and can host.

I get out of class ~1 and have to work later. If Collin and/or Domenic want to get our matches done I can head their way before i have to work @ 5.
    "Dude yea"
  • IxiggleIxiggle Joined: Posts: 2
    Good games last week everyone. Shoutouts to that juri player whose name I forgot (sorry! terrible with names). But I've put Guile and Sak on the backburner and at a friend's recommendation tried out Fei again, and I'm loving the dude. Gonna get my Day 0 Fei Long bodied tomorrow.

My XBox is in the beginning stages of a RROD and has been freezing up all week. A full week of no Tekken makes me grumpy. Hopefully I can get it fixed Monday though.

That said Josh, I'm free pretty much every day after like 5:30 and Saturday and Sunday all day, so whenever is fine with me.
    Red ring most def sucks. But I was good to see ya come out and play. I would really love are scene to grow. The people that play tekken really love that game. If Josh u need to play me in sfxt hit me up next week or Sunday.
    Good games last week everyone. Shoutouts to that juri player whose name I forgot (sorry! terrible with names). But I've put Guile and Sak on the backburner and at a friend's recommendation tried out Fei again, and I'm loving the dude. Gonna get my Day 0 Fei Long bodied tomorrow.

My XBox is in the beginning stages of a RROD and has been freezing up all week. A full week of no Tekken makes me grumpy. Hopefully I can get it fixed Monday though.

That said Josh, I'm free pretty much every day after like 5:30 and Saturday and Sunday all day, so whenever is fine with me.
    Sup, that was me. If you dont make any progress with the xbox, just order the tool to open it, and ill refurb it for you. I dont have the tool to open it tho. Freezing is USUALLY just overheating, and thats VERY easily fixed.
    Collin (SFxT), Ryan (SFxT), Thomas (SFxT), Revon (AE, SFxT), Arthur (TTT), Anthony (TTT), Domenic (TTT), Kevin (MvC), Avery (MvC), Cliffton (MvC), Calvin (AE), Billy (AE), Paul (AE):

Could y'all text me your days and times of availability? Mine vary week to week. I'm typically supposed to have Wednesdays and Sundays off and can host.

I get out of class ~1 and have to work later. If Collin and/or Domenic want to get our matches done I can head their way before i have to work @ 5.

My availability varies quite a bit. Im usually out of work no later then 9 tho, and we play every day in west ashley, so it would really be a matter of what time it is, vs what day it is. WHENS MAHVEL????
    So tired GGs tonite and Josh made it down to do some awesome matches with people. Kudos to you man and bringing Colin Haught and Ross to join are scene!!!!
    I got the updated info on rankings in Marvel and AE. I'll post up tekken tomorrow just so tired to do so. Also next week is a break week for the whole entire League. So come out to Realms and do some casuals!!!!!

This week was tough for me and I learned what I did wrong and hope some of you guys as well. I like to thank everyone for there support. Also I may have to make the league expand weeks cause of how many players that show up and lack of Monitors and setups. But I think tonight a lot of people was salty which is a good thing for us to get better as a scene. Here are the Ranks for the games......

AE
    1: Ryan, Billy, Thomas
    2: Logan, Colin
    3: Seth
    4: Revon
    5: Shawn, Calvin
    6: Jayson
    7: Domenic, Kevin
    8: Austin, Paul, Arthur
    9: Vince, Josh and Rob

umvc3
    1: Ross
    2: Cliffton, Avery
    3: Colin
    4: Thomas, Ryan
    5: Kevin,
    6: Josh and Seth
    7: Calvin, Jayson, Arthur
    8: Billy, Revon
    9: Vince and Rbo
    To those interested, Im off on tues and thurs this week, and i get off at 6 at the latest on other days. So, Marvel. My place. Yea. Maybe some SF as well. Just a maybe tho.
    I'm hopefully off on Wednesday and if I don't have much homework I can host. Same goes for Sunday, though when the new restaurant opens i won't have a day off for ~2 weeks until a business trip the weekend of the 15th.

I'll do my best to get up with the dt/mtp/wa playerz to get our league matches done.

"Dude yea"
    HA, srks updates let my raptr thingy thru! Wonder how long till they realize it, and cockblock me.
    my eyes are bleeding

i will just look at your facebook thing or text one of you if something I need to know is going up because I am done here.
    Im off tomorrow. Gaims.
  • MoltenlokiMoltenloki Vox Veritas Vita Joined: Posts: 314
    I just booked my room for FR XVI.
    @Jerome I wasn't ignoring you i was at work and my phone was in my jacket.
    With a genre like film noir, everyone has these assumptions and expectations. And once all of those things are in place, that's when you can really start to twist it about and mess around with it.

I get off today at 3, and im off tomorrow. Hella marvel at my place.
  • romevjrromevjr yomoms@myhouse.com Joined: Posts: 469
    edited February 2013
    Moltenloki wrote: »
    I just booked my room for FR XVI.
    @Jerome I wasn't ignoring you i was at work and my phone was in my jacket.

What ever Moltenloki! I know when I'm being ignored. :( j/k I just realized that everyone that usually drives is riding with me. Who else is driving?

Also I ordered the Joytron Exchanger today!!! Just wanted to tell someone. http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Joy_Tron_EXChanger.jpg

:-SS
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. I might decide to bury you in two places.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 319
    :)
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

Hey guys just to let you guys know I'm gaming Wednesday from 730 till midnight if any of you guys are down. Also if people want to do league matched they can get it done and over with.
    Hey guys just to let you guys know I'm gaming Wednesday from 730 till midnight if any of you guys are down. Also if people want to do league matched they can get it done and over with.
    Ill be down to go if i can get a ride.  If not, Ill prolly just host out here, in case west ashley for some fuckin reason is closer for anyone.  Im off early wed, and thurs, so there will be much marvel in those days.
    tehflavor wrote: »
    thehurricane said:<br />
    Hey guys just to let you guys know I'm gaming Wednesday from 730 till midnight if any of you guys are down. Also if people want to do league matched they can get it done and over with.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Ill be down to go if i can get a ride.  If not, Ill prolly just host out here, in case west ashley for some fuckin reason is closer for anyone.  Im off early wed, and thurs, so there will be much marvel in those days.

That's cool if any heads over there want to do there league matches just let me know and who wants to play.
    I would pick ya up but I won't be able to take you home.

That's cool if any heads over there want to do there league matches just let me know and who wants to play.
    I would pick ya up but I won't be able to take you home.

Word.  Well if anyone else is going and doesnt mind droppin me, and maybe my roommate off back this way, that would be the shit.   And actually i just found out i have some bullshit corporate meeting tomorrow, and im not sure what time ill be back in town, but im hoping it will be by 6 or so.
    edited February 2013
    Dat new technologyyyyyyy....  Off today too, if anyone wants to come thru for dem gaimz.
    edited March 2013
    I am either going to trade in my copy of SF for Bayonetta, or pick up Viper for funsies.

And Tom: Next week's time is?

I overheard you saying you want to start a little earlier?
    Hey guys I'm gaming today if anybody wants to come over and play.

Also how does everyone feel about doing Ranbat round robins????
    That west ashley house of marvel just got TTT2....
    Off tomorrow. Games at my place til further notice.
  • Sex InstructorSex Instructor U Mad? LoL Joined: Posts: 399
    sigh everytime I leave and come back this site is different lol
    anyway you fellas hittin final round this year?
    Best Damn Bison PERIOD!

XBL: DEATHPROOF SI
  • BigpaulllBigpaulll Joined: Posts: 325
    Yeah Just about all of us will be there.. You should join the FB thread SCFGC...
    Don't Sing It Just Bring It !!
  • FootdiveKappaFootdiveKappa Joined: Posts: 24
    I live in charleston, goose creek specifically and I havent been able to find a scene here for umvc3 or ssf4ae until I found this thread. Are you guys still active at all? I would love to get some offline games in with other people.
    I only play umvc3 and ssf4 though.
  • BigpaulllBigpaulll Joined: Posts: 325
    edited April 2013
    Yeah we are all still available, to play games.. The Hurricane games at his house sometimes, otherwise we meet at Realms in Summerville..
    Don't Sing It Just Bring It !!
  • FootdiveKappaFootdiveKappa Joined: Posts: 24
    Bigpaulll wrote: »
    Yeah we are all still available, to play games.. The Hurricane games at his house sometimes, otherwise we meet at Realms in Summerville..

So how do i get up with you guys? do you post here?

Bigpaulll wrote: »

So how do i get up with you guys? do you post here?
    well, i do, but noone seems to read it. I host marvel in west ashley a lot. Ur prolly better off coordinating on the fb group page.
  • GlacialGlacial Joined: Posts: 33
    Wassup fellas...haven't posted in ages but it looks this thread has been pretty slow going.

Are you guys playing Injustice? I picked it up this past week and as expected I am terrible at the crappy MK combo system. Regardless, the game is quite fun and the best MK style game I have seen yet imo. I do wish they would tone down the damage on the interactables considering they are unblockable. I think if they cut the damage in half on them they would still do fine damage and be relevant to the gameplay without being ridiculous.

Anyway, if anyone who isn't an NNPTC or NPTU student and lives in West Ashley wants to game some time, I am down.

Waiting for the ST revival,
    Chris T
    The Passion of the Chris_T
  • CloutClout Joined: Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    Hello, I'm relatively new around here. tried to find tourneys when I was feeling MVC a while back. Put it down and now I'm back and ready to train for real.
    I'm in Myrtle Beach and I'm looking to train with exceptional people if possible. Thanks for your time , hope this isn't a waste of time.
    Clout wrote: »
    Hello, I'm relatively new around here. tried to find tourneys when I was feeling MVC a while back. Put it down and now I'm back and ready to train for real.
    I'm in Myrtle Beach and I'm looking to train with exceptional people if possible. Thanks for your time , hope this isn't a waste of time.

If you are ever in, or are willing to come to the Charleston area, hit me up on facebook. facebook/tehflavor. We wont waste your time :)

What's up flavor, glad to see a quick response. Judging by the more recent posts I figured it might be a while. I'd be down to head that way if it could be a weekend LAN or something along those lines. Also, the wasting time comment was directed towards the forums being dead. I was hoping they were not dead and a waste of my time. I see that they are not and regardless of the skill, it'd be nice to play with people who actually try and enjoy Marvel. I only have a couple people who play, but they rarely play or give a shit about learning anything.
    What's up flavor, glad to see a quick response. Judging by the more recent posts I figured it might be a while. I'd be down to head that way if it could be a weekend LAN or something along those lines. Also, the wasting time comment was directed towards the forums being dead. I was hoping they were not dead and a waste of my time. I see that they are not and regardless of the skill, it'd be nice to play with people who actually try and enjoy Marvel. I only have a couple people who play, but they rarely play or give a shit about learning anything.

Yea, i think im the only active user anymore lol. We dont really have weekend lans per say, but my place is becoming a 24/7 spot for marvel and other games. Ive been testing out a steam, and itll be live 100% once all the kinks are worked out. My goal is to have this place be the SCFGTV(for lack of better names), but its really just a matter of folks comin out more. Turnout has been improving tho. But yea, get at me on fb. My work schedule is hella random, so i dont know when ill have 2 days off in a row, if i dont request em. But hell, if nothing else, maybe I can request a weekend off to host a big ass organized training session.

That sounds awesome. I don't have a Facebook, I'll get on that. What do you mean 24/7 spot? Like a 24/7 dojo? That's fucking awesome if that's the case. Shit man, you wouldn't have to organize shit if I could come through for a couple days and there's people trying to play. I just recently started checking out marvel tourney gameplay ( Been lost on COD ) and I checked out the FGTV too, so I think that stream is a great idea. Hopefully this can pan out, my shit's been crazy lately so if everything works out I can start getting down. Until then, I'll be in touch, later man.
    Chris, most ppl post on a Facebook group that was made (www.facebook.com/groups/SCTourney/)

I live downtown and there are several players less than 10min from you. Two live off of 61 close to where Wal-Mart used to be, and I think there are 2-3 others in the area. When the fall semester starts back up and students come back to CofC there will be an extra head or three as well.

Hope the married life is treating you well!
    "Dude yea"
    edited May 2013
    That sounds awesome. I don't have a Facebook, I'll get on that. What do you mean 24/7 spot? Like a 24/7 dojo? That's fucking awesome if that's the case. Shit man, you wouldn't have to organize shit if I could come through for a couple days and there's people trying to play. I just recently started checking out marvel tourney gameplay ( Been lost on COD ) and I checked out the FGTV too, so I think that stream is a great idea. Hopefully this can pan out, my shit's been crazy lately so if everything works out I can start getting down. Until then, I'll be in touch, later man.

Pretty much. The only ppl that are here 100% are myself and my roommate(we both play obv), but ppl are welcome any and all hours for the most part. It doesnt seem like ppl around here have the drive that we do. Were still kinda waitin for the first ppl that really go the distance with our crack sessions. PPL NEED TO COME OUT MORE. And play 1st to 500s, lol.