Charleston, SC: Home of the B*tch Made Gauntlet™

Comments

• IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    Afaik, gems won't be used in tournaments. At least for the time being.

Gems activate under different circumstances (hit so many moves, land so many specials, block so many moves, etc) and stay active for 10-30sec depending on the gem.
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • Sex InstructorSex Instructor U Mad? LoL Joined: Posts: 399
    Is someone actually going to be modding at final round? Usually they pass info along and get with you later.

man that would suck having to sit there and slave over hot sticks all day while everyone is having fun. But a Mod booth could bring in some nice cash depending on the modders skills. Plus various parts for sale, emergency stick servicing, even stick rentals... C.R.E.A.M. (*_*)
    Best Damn Bison PERIOD!

XBL: DEATHPROOF SI
  • romevjrromevjr yomoms@myhouse.com Joined: Posts: 469
    Wow dog you still kicking around in here. I thought you forgot about Charleston. lol Did you sell that tablet?

Are you guys still goint o play AE once Cross drops?
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. I might decide to bury you in two places.
    Wow dog you still kicking around in here. I thought you forgot about Charleston. lol Did you sell that tablet?

Yea man, Chucktown for life!
    There's no place like home, even if I never get to see it.
    I miss having a life and friends lol.
    Nah, I haven't sold the Touchpad because I've been on the road all this time. It's just sitting in my bag collecting dust till I come home.
    Which won't be till like the end of March :-(
    Best Damn Bison PERIOD!

• Karnage227Karnage227 Joined: Posts: 83

I will most definitely be playing AE once Cross is out. I don't know why so many people think Cross is going to replace AE even though they are so different, but meh.
    <--- playing SFxT
    "Dude yea"
  • Jaguar131Jaguar131 Joined: Posts: 1,239
    I will most definitely be playing AE once Cross is out. I don't know why so many people think Cross is going to replace AE even though they are so different, but meh.

That's the natural reaction when most new games come out, but people will still play AE.
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sctourney
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
  • MoltenlokiMoltenloki Vox Veritas Vita Joined: Posts: 314
    Good Games. Thomas ur team in KOF is good. Keep up the good work. Seth playing ur Kyo against my Nest Kyo is like fucking chess. Back in the lab with KOF. Need to get my execution and learning my BNB on point.
    With a genre like film noir, everyone has these assumptions and expectations. And once all of those things are in place, that's when you can really start to twist it about and mess around with it.

• NeedlecrashNeedlecrash Back to Basics. Joined: Posts: 2,028
    So...any venues in Charleston? I'll be visiting down there next week from the 8th to the 11th.
    The Gaming Confessions Blog
    Needlecrash's Youtube
    Working on leveling up. Follow me on Twitter @Needlecrash
  • BreadWPBreadWP SaltyRunBack First Commander Joined: Posts: 205
    <--- playing SFxT

<-- had it for over a week now.
    Go back to your " Blockstring fighter 4 - we dont know how to balance edition"
    Tomorrow at 7AM we are rolling out fellas! Good luck everyone at Final Round!
    Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. I might decide to bury you in two places.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 319
    boo
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

• quicklizard_8417quicklizard_8417 Joker8417 Joined: Posts: 89
    Does anyone still need a ride? I have lots of room in my car?

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer
  • thehurricanethehurricane Joined: Posts: 492
    It was fun to see everyone there at Final Round I had lots of fun this year.
    I hope y'all took vids and pics
    Best Damn Bison PERIOD!

• cr0wleycr0wley P. McSteezy!!! Joined: Posts: 178
    I wasn't excited for SFxT much as more info came out around the time they announced gems, but with all the hands-on people comparing it to CvS2... Gotta say i'm really looking forward to playing this.

If this plays anything like CvS2 in terms of flow and general gameplay, my prayers have been answered.

Lemme know if anyone is doing anything this week, i'll be wanting to get back out and play this and AE if my schedule permits.

364-1445

-S.ville Paul
    It is going to be to Darkstalkers as TvC was to MvC3 (I think).

I could've played it last night but we couldn't find anyone with a ps3. :(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    "Dude yea"
    I keep seeing people refer to it as different things now. Capcom's anime fighter. A bridge between SF4 and MvC3. CvS2 with tagging.

Don't really get the SFxT : Darkstalkers :: TvC : MvC3 reference. I watched a bit of TvC but never got to play... so no idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing. All I know is I love me some Darkstalkers, so that sounds good to me.
    Think of it as a test run of a similar game engine
    "Dude yea"
  • BigpaulllBigpaulll Joined: Posts: 325
    I think SFxT looks good, and I plan on playing it.. Mostly for the tekken side of it to see how it flows in 2d.. BTW when is the next hosting??
    Don't Sing It Just Bring It !!
    This is a vid I just watched, and yeah I am thinking similar cvs2 also.. We will see though when we play it..
  • thehurricanethehurricane Joined: Posts: 492
    The game plays like sf4 and darkstalkers.
    I dont think I would compare it to CVS2 but... everyone has the same chain/target combo.
    I think the game is a little broken but it is also fun as hell. It is a lot funner than SF4. The game is what it is. I think KOF is a better game, but the easy combo system in cross will allow for people to play the two games with a busy schedule. This is what SF EX would have been had capcom not realized it sucked and they were never going to make money off of it. :lol:
    I'm having a lot more fun with the Tekken characters so far. Maybe that's just because they're something fresh compared to the same-old SF cast.

No clue about what my teams are going to be, but I know so far that Raven is definitely going to make it onto a team.
  • x7chaosx7chaos Joined: Posts: 61
    Played it with some of the columbia guys today. Vega is bad.
    KOF XIII: Kensou/Athena/K'
    T6: Heihachi
    UMvC3: X-23/Rocket Raccoon/Akuma
    <---Secret Training
    Best Damn Bison PERIOD!

Just ordered two circular gates for my stick today.

http://www.godlikecontrols.com/
  • quicklizard_8417quicklizard_8417 Joker8417 Joined: Posts: 89
    does anyone want to buy my stick for 80 dollars?

Hosting sfxt until 2-3am. Parking dt is free after 6pm. Text me (843) 224-8545.
    "Dude yea"
    So how is everyone liking SFxT? Who are you using?

Ive been using Poison\Law\Heiachi\Dhalsim
    I'm playing Kazuya and hwoarang but I am going to replace Hwoarang. Maybe Sagat or Gief.
    I've been messing with Rufus, Gief, and Asuka mostly. I'm running Rufus/Asuka for now, but I still want to use Gief and try some other characters.
    Ugh. I feel like Asuka is garbage, and I feel like characters like Law and Heihachi are stupid good. This game is starting to feel like Tekken characters are amazing and Capcom characters are pointless.
    Yeah, the Tekken characters are definitely dominant. I wouldn't count out the Street Fighter cast, tho. I think the is that this is a very aggressive/offensive game and most(all) of the Tekken characters are designed to be very offensive and rushdown-based.

That why's the few Street Fighter characters that seem really good right now are the good rushdown ones (Rolento, Rufus). I think the SF cast might end up being better balanced, with better AAs and defensive options. I think in the long run it'll all come together more when everyone gets used to everything, but the cast probably won't be very balanced. This is Capcom we're talking about; their track record with balance on first iterations has never been great.
    See everyone is saying this game is offensive and rushdown-based, but literally every match I play is a camp fest. I just played a match where all 3 rounds were time outs. I don't know where people are getting this offense based stuff from because I'm not seeing it at all.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 319
    yea, asuka still trash even in 2d :( ima still play here cause im dumb....
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

See everyone is saying this game is offensive and rushdown-based, but literally every match I play is a camp fest. I just played a match where all 3 rounds were time outs. I don't know where people are getting this offense based stuff from because I'm not seeing it at all.

I think you are starting to see why Tekken is a better game. Stop turtling and the time will stop running out. :lol: Shawn start blocking. :lol:
    I am having trouble with combos that I dont want to chain, like with Poison I can do c.lk, c.lk, c.mk, rekkas. But if i press the buttons to fast it acts like a chain combo then the engine wont allow me to add the rekkas at the end or it throws out a launcher. Then I either did an unwanted switch or if the player blocked it, im wide open for attact. So annoying.

Im really liking Dhalsim, Im think he will make it on the team for sure.
    lol thats because you are a Honda player at heart. Do you find yourself still charging back the whole match? ;)
    I <3 this game so far. Abel/Marduk seems like it will be very much viable! :D :D

Law/Ogre is annoying >.>

Ken/Ibuki also looks dumb >.<
    "Dude yea"
  • Jaguar131Jaguar131 Joined: Posts: 1,239
    Ugh. I feel like Asuka is garbage, and I feel like characters like Law and Heihachi are stupid good. This game is starting to feel like Tekken characters are amazing and Capcom characters are pointless.

I know how you feel Asuka :( I'm also in the same boat as you, where this game doesn't feel offensive at all. Damn near every match I've played has ended in a time out :-/ I plan on messing with the game a bit more tonight and try experimenting with more characters. So what characters do you like the most, Seth? For me it's mainly Julia, Sagat, Bob and Lili.
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sctourney
    R.I.P sksksksksk222
    Lol people I don't turtle in this game. I'm playing Rufus/Zangief right now. I can understand people not wanting to rush Gief down but it's getting ridiculous. @Bread, if you've seen me play you'd know for the most part I have an aggressive style with Honda. And Jerome you are just a troll lol. And David, my favorites right now are the ones I'm playing, Gief and Rufus. I really can't get a feel for any of the Tekken cast right now but I'm going to keep watching gameplay and trying them out and see who I like.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    What is that supposed to mean Seth?
    Lol I just know how you like to get the salt flowing. ;)
    Jabs do not mean rush down in the same manner as jump back hk isnt rush down! :p <3

400+dmg is easy with one meter. Mvc2 has a lot of time outs when people dont know/do legit combos. Game hasnt been made available to the public for a week. I know ive found stuff already that i havent seen mike ross do with marduk yet so dont get discouraged!

I love watching people mash throw after jump ins in this. Gimme mah counterhits!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    "Dude yea"
    Lol I just know how you like to get the salt flowing. ;)

I wouldn't call it salt. Maybe a lite saline solution. :lol:
    Yeah, MvC3 had a similar thing going on when it came out. Everyone was concerned that the game was too zoning/defensive heavy because a lot of the early matches went to timeout.
    does anyone want to buy my stick for 80 dollars?

What kind of stick is it, and do you have pics??

So who all in the Charleston thread owns SFxT???
  • R.mikalover93R.mikalover93 a second is an lifetime in battle . Joined: Posts: 70
    if you guys want some comp, and are willing to drive up to NC and not doing nothing the 31st of march you should come to this here tournament
    [Mar 31, 2012] Elite Zone Monthly (fayetteville, NC)

Alll the major games will be played
    UMVC3
    SSF4:AE Ver. 2012
    KOF13
    SFxT
    More details about the tournament is in the link above .