Official SRK SFxT Balance Discussion Thread

Comments

• nappydudenappydude Joined: Posts: 438
    Anyone else thinks that Vega is a serious problem in this game, coming in from the back after ending a combo then playing defensive -_-
    Friend or foe!!!
  • GemakaiGemakai HadouKen what Others HadouKan't Joined: Posts: 826 ✭✭
    I think Vega's fine. He doesn't have alot of ways to deal with Pressure, but his pokes are great and the boost combo system compliments him well.
    BBCS:EX: Hakumen, Noel, Bang, Hazama | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Yun, Sakura | UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Strider
    SFxT: Elena, Paul, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Law, Julia, Bryan | P4A: Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Shadow Labrys
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    Aquashark wrote: »
    I disagree with the style of writing and the apparent lack of effort. There were some good points here and there.
    5.) Combo timing with Bison in SFxT messed up my AE game. I couldn’t do LK –> LK in AE for a good three weeks.
    Sounds like a personal issue to me, not a defect of the game. What's the point in even bringing this up?
    You only do damage from staying close to your opponent.
    Jack-X, Dhalsim, and Alisa would like a word with you.
    1) Wreckless random up close gambling
    2) And keep away for all those players who don’t want to deal with the randomness
    How is this different from 99% of other fighting games, such as Marvel, SSF4, you name it?
    Basically, everyone at mid distance is essentially the same exact character. Till they find a way to get in. The problem is a lot of characters don’t have good traditional footsies to get in. So basically in SFxT, this means use safe Tekken chains to get in. If you’re a SF character that means um, jump in a lot.
    Really, guy? The same? Let's compare Asuka at mid-range to Chun-Li at mid-range. Same, or completely different? The strength of the neutral game is totally different amongst different characters, which is why it's important that your team composition has characters that cover each other's weaknesses.

I see your point about the different methods of "getting in", but let's not overgeneralize. Lots of SF characters have moves that help them get in without leaving the ground, such as Ken's Step Kick, Cody's Crack Kick, and Akuma's Far Roundhouse. Not all moves leave them at frame advantage, but they allow the characters to sneak into more favorable positions relative to their opponents. And also, jumping is not a good way to get in on a smart player in the first place! Almost every character has an effective anti-air for most angles. Jumps are effective when a good read is made, and that comes from both players taking risks, for whatever reason.
    I still see a high possibility of defense taking over and it will be difficult to take down strong defensive players (i.e. INFILTRATION).
    You're probably right about this one, actually. Defensive strategies will definitely still work well, especially with the right characters.
    if you’re combo doesn’t take off at least 35%, you’re team is not top tier and you are gonna get whipped
    This is silly. Hit-confirms rarely get over 35%. If you mean punish combos, then yes, ideally you should do this much damage, but it's still overgeneralizing.

Overall, you make some good points though.
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquashark wrote: »

It seems really silly to me on a lot of levels, most of which has been mentioned... even as an average-level player at best, it just doesn't make sense to me, and a lot of it sounds like he's straight-up reaching for things to discredit.

But whatever, he doesn't like the game much, that's fine.
    ~ aka "ninrok" aka "wyphoofighter" ~
    SFxT - Juri (Cammy) x Jack/ Julia x Law | Smash - Peach / Lucina Zelda / Sheik
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • NorieagaNorieaga FADC x ROFLCOPTER Joined: Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭
    Even though I enjoy SFxT I do agree with some of Kim's points.

a. Damage done up-close.
    Definitely. With the meter nerfs you need to rush down with every character if you want to build enough meter for defensive purposes. Take Guile, for example: throwing booms nonstop won't get you enough meter to cross counter or Flashkick x Tag. Since Guile is bad at dealing with pressure its important to build it.

Also, damage done off landing a sonic boom is much less than an ABC boost or hit-confirm tag combo.

b. All characters the same at mid-range.
    Maybe its just who I've faced and what matches I've watched, but I sort of agree with this as well. I see tons of "jump in with j. rh x cr. mp, then j. rh again into more cr. mp after they block" stuff all the time. Tons of AA's are still prone to trading so I'm not surprised this is happening.

What I don't agree with...
    a. Combo timing mess-up = irrelevant.
    b. Rolls killing knockdowns = they make them much less valuable but don't kill them 100%.

But then again, SF4 suffers from some of these problems. How many characters rely on the same "jump in x cr. short x cr. jab x cr. jab" strings for initiating offense? I hope Kim realizes that his favorite game also contains some heavy flaws.
    I had to tweet that Kim dude on twitter. Go read his page. He said none of the characters have real footsies. Sounds like an idiot to me. I hate when people get put in a certain position to reach people and put out braindead articles. Sounds like a straight scrub with no experience. Guess Valle's Lars doesn't have footsies. Guess Sabin's Vega doesnt have footsies. Guess Sanford's characters don't have footsies. Don't let me forget infiltraion either. Sounds like somebody butt hurt wrote that article. smh.
    I don't know what he's talking about.  Especially in regards to Law, and his tweets in regards to "fake footsies".
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... Who is Kim? And why do we care?
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal, Jago
    SF4: Hugo, Abel, Oni, Yang
    SF3:Yang
  • chaoslimitschaoslimits Death by snu snu Joined: Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    FlyingVe said:
    Apparently a CvS2 player and a SF4 Dictator, from Norcal, that lives in Japan now. Hey you know some OGs feel like their opinions are worth something cos they started pushing buttons earlier than other people -_-
    Youtube | XBL/PSN: chaoslimits | IRC: #SFxT on EFNET
    @Rc_ON: 20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
    @kojibeoulve> i want to refund sf4 from my life; give me back all my lost time
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭
    kim has been around for a long time. was on team usa at canada cup.

you dont have to care tho. :)
  • NissanZaximaNissanZaxima Joined: Posts: 7,686
    FlyingVe said:<br />
    Okay... Who is Kim? And why do we care?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Apparently a CvS2 player and a SF4 Dictator, from Norcal, that lives in Japan now. Hey you know some OGs feel like their opinions are worth something cos they started pushing buttons earlier than other people -_-

Effin 09ers. Get off my lawn!!!
    XBL: NissanZaxima
    Twitter: NissanZaxima18
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Kim offers his opinion on why he stopped playing vanilla, and asks if you agree or disagree.  Saying that the color scheme is ugly (which I agree with) and that playing Bison in both AE and SFxT messes up his links, are completely valid reasons.  I also happen to agree about playing Bison in both games- he doesn't rely heavily on cr.lk links in this game, but the accidental backdash when you try to pre-charge is fairly annoying. 

He picks Chun specifically because she has good buttons.  Using Chun as a counter-example to his point about footsies isn't all that enlightening.  

He's also says he still plans on playing 2013, so it's not like he played the patch for an hour and dropped it.

There's no reason to attack him personally.
    Post edited by m16ghost on

m16ghost said:
    Let's be civil here.
    I don't think anyone is being uncivil really.  Color scheme and all that is personal opinion, and really that hasn't been mentioned.  

Granted, I will say some of what I said was more directed at what he posted on Twitter following that, particularly "fake footsies" and Law's lack of oki.

But like I said before, he doesn't like the game, it's whatever.  And as Ve said, the game isn't THAT much different than the previous version - a few aesthetics aside - so it'd be foolish to expect that there's going to be a 100% turnaround on the game.
  • DarthPariahDarthPariah It depends on what your definition of "GOOD" is. Joined: Posts: 97
    FlyingVe said:

i started pushing buttons in "91. does that make me special. cause i dam well NEED to be. sniff sniff.........dam, i am not.
  • NaerasNaeras Joined: Posts: 174
    Honestly, SFxT really does look butt-ugly aesthetically. The color scheme and shading of the characters are ugly and the effects are dumb. They thankfully removed the overdone gem visual effects, which looked REALLY horrendrous, but it's still the ugliest fighting game this generation by a landslide.
    Really don't think the game is ugly personally, but that discussion is probably best for the general thread.  We've moved this one far enough off-topic.

Is the fight for "best grappler" pretty much between Marduk and Abel now?  Unless we're counting Kuma, who... is... kinduva' grappler? King is a weird one too.

I do like that though, the grapplers feel pretty diverse in their specific abilities.
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭
    Law has a throw, so he is the best Grappler imo.
    我道
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is ugly as shit.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    FlyingVe said:
    Okay just curious.

I just don't like it when people believe/disbelieve something because of who said it rather than what is said. Now I know he's not a random nobody and I feel better discussing it.

Isn't that rather contradictory? So what if he's not some random nobody? His opinion somehow has some greater weight?

@Rc_ON: 20$ get you 4 characters in Injustice, and 12 in SFxT. Do the math yourself.
  • awkwardscrubawkwardscrub Headbutt? Headbutt. Joined: Posts: 144
    roknin said:
    Really don't think the game is ugly personally, but that discussion is probably best for the general thread.  We've moved this one far enough off-topic.

Is the fight for "best grappler" pretty much between Marduk and Abel now?  Unless we're counting Kuma, who... is... kinduva' grappler? King is a weird one too.

I do like that though, the grapplers feel pretty diverse in their specific abilities.
    I agree, I like the grapplers in this game a lot, each has their own niche

- Abel has huge punish damage and good pressure/oki
    - Kuma is untraditional and hard to play against since he can switch roles very effectively mid-match
    - King is very hard to master but if you can train your opponent on when to block high/block low, his huge damage throws are super rewarding
    - Gief (while gutted in the patch) still has great buttons and damage (for a grappler - I mean, he's no Mishima) and his jp SPD connects from across state lines
    - Marduk has great long range pokes, damage, and deceptively amazing jumps and dashes for such a big slow beast. 
    - Hugo is funny
    A mediocre Juri, Hugo, Abel, Makoto, Adon, Labrys, Tsubaki, Taokaka, Jon Talbain, Lillith, Hulk, X-23, Sentinel, and Aeon.
    Aquashark said:
    don't get me wrong, game is fun to play especially in v2013 and is a breath of fresh air as an alternative to AE, but i don't think the game will get more interesting in the future for people outside of its really dedicated group of players.
    Agreed 100% with everything you said except for this part. There's always a chance some more people will jump on board the hype train. Do I think it'll happen? Well, all the pros are playing this game now so we'll see where it goes. 

And yeah, they should've stopped at the system changes. They're telling me that the game no long suffers from timeouts just because Raven can't throw a backwards shuriken? If Raven, Akuma, and Alisa were responsible for timeouts then how come it was happening with all the characters? Fucking Capcom, I hate them so much sometimes.
  • JufoJufo Joined: Posts: 291
    edited February 2013
    Oops, wrong thread
    Post edited by Jufo on
    Finnish players especially from the Turku area should visit: http://www.turpakellari.com
    Its certainly possible, I agree. And I see effective use of it here and there. But I think that Kim's ultimate point was that the core of the game boils down to offensive pressure. I guess I'm slightly disappointed only because matches become rushdown-oriented much faster than they used to. It gave a bit more variety. *shrug*

Ah well, still enjoying the game overall. 
  • DarknidDarknid The Chan Man Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    Well, exactly. Zoners are not there to deal damage, they are there to be problematic matchups that give your opponent a headache. Your zoner gets your anchor/grappler in, and they take it from there.
    Ready as hell.

A tier list.
  • FlyingVeFlyingVe Best Poster of All Time Joined: Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zoners get their damage by controlling the opponents options and forcing them to take risks to get in and begin playing their game. And then they punish them for such risks.

I think this strategy is 100% intact in SFxT. However, in many situations they need meter for the big conversions and zoning doesn't build meter super fast, though with wiffing for meter, it's better than other games. However, they also often need meter for other purposes like defense, so a strictly zoning strat can put alot of strain on your bar.
    UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Strider, Jill/Dante/Wesker, Nova/Spencer/Sentinel
    Killer Instinct: Thunder, Spinal, Jago
    SF4: Hugo, Abel, Oni, Yang
    SF3:Yang
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭✭
    Juri can still win matches with just her zoning. Her biggest strength always came from the fact that she can stop a lot of character's ways around fireballs, limiting their approach. 
    PSN: rayplay
    I'm outrageous. So anti social that I make others feel like THEY'RE the outcasts, not me.
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight." - T.O.M.
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I agree Capcom just thought 'oh theres timeouts, lets nerf characters that have playstyles that slow the game down' even though zoning characters werent the cause of timeouts in vanilla. Every team was capable of forcing timeouts, no matter how they played due to the system. The system changes were enough to reduce timeouts, characters like Guile and Dhalsim deserved no nerfs whatsoever.

Why cant zoning characters ever have big damage in a modern street fighter game? People complain about morrigan in umvc3 but thats what a zoning character should do. You should expect to lose 30-40% being hit by stray fireballs and chip. If a characters goal is to zone, they should be rewarded for it which is why stuff like damage reduction on dhalsims limbs make no sense and dont even get me started on what they did to Guile. Dawgtanian actually had the cheek to say to me Guile was really good in 2012 but didnt really give me any reason why.

Characters who encourage wreckless jumpins and vortex style gameplay get 40% damage every time for doing what they do, characters who zone should be taking chunks of health for antiairing, poking and fireballing you. That should just be standard.

The problem is that the zoning style, is probably the most complained about by scrubs who dont have a clue. And Capcom listens to them nowadays because those are the people who give them the most money. Thats why I love Morridoom in UMVC3 because its a big fuck you to all those scrubs. Yeah morridoom is cheap, but there should be more cheap zoning characters in games today. They shouldnt be the minority.

Think about this, if Capcom made a game where every character was rushdown based, people probably wouldnt complain at all. But if a game where every character was zoning based (this sounds like a beautiful game), the whining would be through the roof. Even though both styles are both as valid as each other when high level play is concerned. Games should be balanced so both styles are viable and as strong as each other.
    Post edited by Cheech Wizard on
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • SaitsuSaitsu SILENCE! Joined: Posts: 20,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many games, if any, exist where rushdown and zoning are TRULY balanced?
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saitsu wrote: »

I think the better question is why do you guys care? Especially when the game is still in its infancy competitively. I don't think anyone can truly know how this game is going to play for a while. Too many characters and too many subsystems that have yet to be optimized to know for sure.

The majority of issues Crazy Kim complained about are fixed in 2013 any way. Any game with chain systems are known to have oppressive pressure so if he don't like that...then he'll just have to stick with SFIV.

Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    Saitsu said:
    IMO, ST and HDR. Vega, Balrog, Dhalsim, and Ryu are likely the top characters. You have one poking rushdown character, one rushdown, one extreme zoner, and one hybrid. Dee-Jay can zone just as well as rushdown. Guile zones. Honda can turtle and rushdown. 

I think ST really nailed it in terms of representing both playstyles equally. Either way, to keep this all on topic I hope Capcom revisits some of the nerfs they made in 2013. System changes were more than enough to make the matches end faster. Increased damage plus the throw buffs did the job (and did it well, apparently). 
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    edited February 2013
    Norieaga said:
     Either way, to keep this all on topic I hope Capcom revisits some of the nerfs they made in 2013. System changes were more than enough to make the matches end faster. Increased damage plus the throw buffs did the job (and did it well, apparently). 
    They need to rebalance almost everyone. Matches do end faster due to the roll nerf, health recovery nerf, and throw buff, but they did a terrible job with balancing the characters. They made so many good decisions in terms of balancing 2013, but they made just as many bad decisions if not more.
    Post edited by alexlkd on
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone that tells me zoning with Sagat is less rewarding in this game then it is in AE...lololol go kick rocks son you are nuts.

You are drugged if you think zoning is dead in this game compared to AE. Zoning is a joke in AE.

Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    alexlkd said:
    They need to rebalance almost everyone. Matches do end faster due to the roll nerf, health recovery nerf, and throw buff, but they did a terrible job with balancing the characters. They made so many good decisions in terms of balancing 2013, but they made just as many bad decisions if not more.
    I think they did well except a few things:
    • Buffing Jin? Really? Okay, the Cr. HP buff is understandable to give him a close anti-air option, but I think most people would agree that he was fine before.
    • Cody nerfs are ridiculous. I mean, the cr. LK nerfs were needed, but not to the extent Capcom took them to. They could have at least given him better meterless damage somehow to compensate.
    • Sim didn't need a damage nerf, maybe something else, but not damage. He's  certainly beatable in 2012, even by characters who have to work to get in on him.
    • Making so many of the Tekken casts' normal moves air-invincible removes the skill in properly timing them to anti-air. Other than Cody I can't think of any SF characters with this property on a normal move.
    • Alisa's recoil on her Rocket Punch being removed did not solve the problem it was supposedly intended to solve. Rather, it makes it even easier for her to capitalize on opponents jumping onto her fireballs with her slide. Not saying this is a bad thing, but Capcom said this change was meant to keep her from running away. () Not to mention that Alisa has been made into a very versatile, powerful character who can run different roles now.
    • Hugo sucks now, nuff said. 
    I think otherwise, the system changes and character changes are ok. I probably missed something, but these are just things that come to mind. 
    Post edited by Links on
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • The Big BossThe Big Boss Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    alexlkd said:
    Norieaga said:
     Either way, to keep this all on topic I hope Capcom revisits some of the nerfs they made in 2013. System changes were more than enough to make the matches end faster. Increased damage plus the throw buffs did the job (and did it well, apparently). 
    They need to start with that Kuma hurtbox to be honest. That this is ridiculous. How does the bear have the hurtbox of Xiaoyu?
    AE: Bipson
    SFxT: Bison/Sagat, Law/Lei, Guile.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    alexlkd said:
    Norieaga said:
    They need to start with that Kuma hurtbox to be honest. That this is ridiculous. How does the bear have the hurtbox of Xiaoyu?
    Actually his hurtbox is bigger than Xiaoyu's. It's that it "glitches" when you hit him thus not allowing you to combo him. His hurtbox moves so far back when he is hit that many combos just don't work. 

Links said:
    alexlkd said:

"Stuff"

I think otherwise, the system changes and character changes are ok. I probably missed something, but these are just things that come to mind. 
    There are quite a few bad changes such as the changes made to Ibuki. Also when I said that they made bad balance decisions, this includes leaving things in that should have been adjusted or "balanced." 
    alexlkd said:
    Norieaga said:
    Actually his hurtbox is bigger than Xiaoyu's. It's that it "glitches" when you hit him thus not allowing you to combo him. His hurtbox moves so far back when he is hit that many combos just don't work. 

Links said:
    alexlkd said:

"Stuff"

There are quite a few bad changes such as the changes made to Ibuki. Also when I said that they made bad balance decisions, this includes leaving things in that should have been adjusted or "balanced." 
  • Misty ChaosMisty Chaos You've Being Mistified! Joined: Posts: 172
    One of my favorite matches I've ever watched the Daigo Vs Alex Valle Ryu Mirror match at SCR 2010 - That match to me is the REAL definition of high level play for me. In fact, I'd nearly go as far as saying the the whole Top 8 for SSF4 at SCR 2010 was probably one of the best set of matches ever for that game - It's sad to say that things have kind of gone downhill since then :(

Do you want to know why Poongko created hype at Evo 2011? HE PERFECTED DAIGO! Poongko went into that match clearly the underdog and people love seeing the underdog win, especially the way he did it.

I'm guilty of crying ' NERF! ' as well, especially in my early days in 2010 when I didn't really know what the fuck I was doing and was jumping into Guile and wondering why I kept getting air thrown or how I couldn't punish his Sonic Booms for example. As I got better, I began to find ways around that... it just took time.

One of the reasons I hardly play SF4 anymore apart from online being a load of bollocks is that I'm not happy at how ' HERP DERP Unblockables!!!1111 ' the high level game has become. Now granted, I know unblockables are in ST but I never played SF2 properly back in the day ( I was like, only 5 when SF2 WW first came out in arcades and Ireland never had an arcade scene. )

I don't mind the fact that Law is probably no 1 right now. He is just safe, has a ton of options and can punish mistakes hard. Whatever in AE, the no 1 character is usually knockdown = game over - don't even get me started on Marvel...

I don't know, Companies always cater to the lowest common denominator . It's everywhere, whatever we like it or not.
    SSFIV AE: Juri , Ibuki, Akuma
    SFxT: Alisa / Lili
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,039
    Now granted, I know unblockables are in ST but I never played SF2 properly back in the day ( I was like, only 5 when SF2 WW first came out in arcades and Ireland never had an arcade scene. )

We absolutely had proper arcade scenes in Ireland. Don't know where you came up with that Misty.
    www.streetfighter.ie
    PSN - ChopperByrne
  • tastylumpiatastylumpia the anti hero Joined: Posts: 1,416 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Kim1234 was one of the best CvS2 players in the US when the game was popular and he's also a top Bison player in SF4 so not just some random scrub, I think he knows one or two things about footsies (hint: probably more than anyone posting in this thread). It's interesting to hear his opinion since everyone is always comparing SFxT to CvS2 and "omg footsies!" 

I actually agree with some of the points he makes, the general gameplay flow at times feels a bit homogenized, maybe that's true for every game but it feels especially true for SFxT ?__?
    Post edited by tastylumpia on
    twitter.com/TragicTurtle
  • The Big BossThe Big Boss Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    Kim1234 was one of the best CvS2 players in the US when the game was popular and he's also a top Bison player in SF4 so not just some random scrub, I think he knows one or two things about footsies (hint: probably more than anyone posting in this thread). It's interesting to hear his opinion since everyone is always comparing SFxT to CvS2 and "omg footsies!" 

I actually agree with some of the points he makes, the general gameplay flow at times feels a bit homogenized, maybe that's true for every game but it feels especially true for SFxT ?__?
    Have you seen Jibbo and Ryan Hunter play? None of their matches looked like what Kim described. I just think Kim needs to battle someone respectable and not just say stuff like that. That is just like me saying "CvS2 is a really fun game, but because of the balance issues, all you have to do is pick Bison, Sagat, Guile, Blanka, or Cammy if you want to win". And Naturally if you played CvS2 you would know that is really not true. When he said the comment, I didn't think he was an overall scrub considering his body of work, but he was a scrub at Cross Tekken. You can play footsies for boost combos but the reason why Law ( a character I main and he apparently does too) is considered so good is because one touch could lead up to 700 damage with the right setup. That is over half your life for 1 mistake in proper spacing.
    AE: Bipson
    SFxT: Bison/Sagat, Law/Lei, Guile.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    FlyingVe said:
    I've said it before.

Hype. Will be what kills fighting games.

More precisely the wrong type of hype? Watching Sanford vs Dieminion vs Hiro is extremely hype for me.