Cody General Discussion

VoxerilVoxeril GOTTA GO FASTJoined: Posts: 382
While we have known Cody was in since July, it seems we will have to wait for some sort of DLC to play as our favourite ruffian. *coughondiskcough

How do you think he will play? Will he be stronger or weaker than his AE 2012 counter part? Also who will you pair Cody with?

character_cody.jpg
Cody and his old friend Guy show up in this trailer.

Prologue

JP voice actor a five year old girl, CONFIRMED.
Power level of over 9000, CONFIRMED.

Credit to ZuKUu for this next bit, he picked some stuff up for a video I was not in time to see. Looks good!

- seems to have every normal as seen in sf4. (launcher animation is literally the best looking in the game <3)
-Switch Canceled Criminal Upper on block seems safe.
-super art: non cinematic SF4 super for a few hits, then cinematic utlra 1 variation.
-can potencially juggle after lp criminal upper (looks like you have big time after a hit, height looks right as well)
-f.hp and f.hk both in.
-when throwing rocks, has an even more annoying HAHA (O M G)
-ex zonk still a slow but invincible reversal. might be comboable in the corner.

KNIFE CONFIRMED
http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/mar/03/models-street-fighter-x-tekken-characters-21/
(in his hand)
SF4AE2012: Cody/Hakan
Sf X T: Ogre/Hugo
Sonic Battle: Knuckles

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

Comments

• shinkutanshinkutan Joined: Posts: 71
    Inb4SoR Punch combo
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,723
    Cody/Poison since day 1. I really don't see how he can be worse because he always had great pressure and damage but now he has a tech roll to get out of shitty wakeup situations and he'll be able to get a combo off his overhead on counter-hit which I'm sure he will be able to do big damage off of as well.

They have to be careful putting him in this game because he could have alot of really cheap potential tech in a game like this especially if they include the knife normals.

I really hope he is day 1 DLC I hate waiting to play a character I love. I want that conjugal visit team as soon as possible.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • masked ridermasked rider Henshin! Joined: Posts: 1,219
    Don't know how good he'll be in this game. His best pokes typically hit rather high up and there are a lot of mid-attack dodging moves, particularly on the Tekken side. Steve, Hwoarang (I think, anyway), and the Mishimas just to name a few. I'm pretty sure he'll end up having really high damage output though, since his moveset lends well to juggles and high damage has been a trait of his in both A3 and SF4.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,308
    My main in Super IV...good to have a nice fallback!
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    EX Zonk will wallbounce, calling it now.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    [Mian/Gang-il/Meitenkun | Ralf/Yamazaki/K' | Kensou/Vice/Geese]
    [Lucky Chloe | Poison Ivy | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    [Saiki/Ralf/Vice | PainWheel/Cerebella/Eliza]
  • ValtielValtiel Joined: Posts: 12
    Gut punch into a chain should be nice
    Crack kick will more than likely have even more juggle properties
    If cody is still a counter hit monster, then the charge should really benifit him. I'm really hoping that criminal upper can be used to tag cancel and continue combos
    I don't care if it's dangerous or not. I'm going to town either way
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    Gut punch into a chain should be nice
    Crack kick will more than likely have even more juggle properties
    If cody is still a counter hit monster, then the charge should really benifit him. I'm really hoping that criminal upper can be used to tag cancel and continue combos
    If it doesn't count as a projectile he should be able to tag cancel it
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • VyomeshVyomesh Joined: Posts: 558
    King is going to have to wait a few months, but then he will have his partner.
    King/Cody seems like such a dirty team, lol
  • Paper_TankPaper_Tank Joined: Posts: 338
    King is going to have to wait a few months, but then he will have his partner.
    King/Cody seems like such a dirty team, lol

I was thinking the same thing. Criminal Upper into knee loops err day.
    SFxT: Vega x King, Elena x Marduk,
    Dudley x Steve, Balrog x Bryan
    I just had a thought, if Cody gets a cross costume, he should get Miguel's swag coat.
    Just imagine Cody in that. Miguel_-_Coat.jpg
  • ShinkuGadokenShinkuGadoken 40%Flashkick Joined: Posts: 660
    Oh my god, Vyomesh, Yes, Yes, A thousand times yes.
    EVOLUTION 2013 9th Place Finisher - 40%Flashkick
    Thank you to all of my fans and supporters. Its knowing you guys have my back that I can fight on with so much happiness.

Follow my exploits on;
    Twitter: @40Flashkick
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/andrew.fein.1?ref=tn_tnmn
    As awesome as that'd look, I would rather have cody look like Bryan.
    Fingers crossed for capcom doing this
    As awesome as that'd look, I would rather have cody look like Bryan.
    Fingers crossed for capcom doing this
    As awesome as Bryan is, he looks hella boring.
  • NsauceNsauce PSN: Nsauce Joined: Posts: 171
    The SDCC trailer is what really piqued my interest in this game as soon as Guy and Cody kicked that new challenger sign. Disappointed they are not in the initial roster of characters but I would be more disappointed if they were not here at all.

Hoping Cody translates well into SFxT, otherwise my Capcom character choices are very limited in terms of interest.
  • VoxerilVoxeril GOTTA GO FAST Joined: Posts: 382
    I will pair him with Hugo, I feel that crack kick will be the go to juggle move.

• baritsubaritsu XBL: Marmelodov Joined: Posts: 46
    I really really really want a Cody/Alisa team.
  • Final Fight x TekkenFinal Fight x Tekken TURN TH-THE B-BEAT BACK Joined: Posts: 176
    Im pairing him up with Guy, Final Fight was the reason i got into street fighter(thats how i got my name)

i also though of these Combos of Both Cody and Guy
    J.HP/HK/MK, cr.LP, cr.LK, EX Zonk Knuckle(wallbounce), Criminal Upper(EX if necessary)
    or
    Guy's Cross Rush, Cody gets in, cr.HP, EX Zonk Knuckle, Super.
    and here is some i made for Guy

j.HK(or j.MK), Target Combo 1, EX Hozanto(wall bounce), into Bushin Izuna Otoshi(EX if nessecary)

or

Cody cross rush, Guy attacks with Heavy with EX Hozanto and finish with Hurricane kick.(or use super)
    Poison is a woman in JP and a Tranny in the US. Dont change it Capcom

Guy, Cody, Hugo, Sodom and Rolento for SFxT
    I see no way Cody could be bad in this game. The real question for me is are capcom going to allow him to combo after his overhead or at least make it faster like they did for Juri. I don't even think he needs it especially with some of the crazy combos he should be able to do with this system but it would be nice imo.

He'll likely still be weak in his wake-up game so I hope they give him some sweet wall bounce combo extending moves like Blaze suggested the EX Zonk being one or maybe if they gave us a real reason to use the knife in this title. Maybe the knife overhead can be combo'd out of or more chip to make it worth it.

I'm just free balling right now feel free to shoot my ideas down.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    I'll soot your ideas down..lol with rolling, Cody won't be 95% free on wake up. More like 60%.
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
  • Final Fight x TekkenFinal Fight x Tekken TURN TH-THE B-BEAT BACK Joined: Posts: 176
    maybe if they made Bad Spray(back SRK) an actual move or make his Focus attack an actual move called Wrench Smash(forward SRK)

I'll soot your ideas down..lol with rolling, Cody won't be 95% free on wake up. More like 60%.
    Check above posts I already mentioned how rolling is a huge plus and makes him even tougher. But still they either have to make the knife useful or get rid of it completely and give him something else. Everybody including the recent characters got some new juice so I'm just trying to harbor a guess on what we could see from Cody's SFxT version.

So many ways he could go in this game.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • ShinkuGadokenShinkuGadoken 40%Flashkick Joined: Posts: 660
    Reason, I've always made his Knife useful in SF4, so this will be even deadlier. Also, EX Zonk Knuckle Doing Wall Bounce = Final Destruction Super. Think about it!
    EVOLUTION 2013 9th Place Finisher - 40%Flashkick
    Thank you to all of my fans and supporters. Its knowing you guys have my back that I can fight on with so much happiness.

Follow my exploits on;
    Twitter: @40Flashkick
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/andrew.fein.1?ref=tn_tnmn
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    Excited to see Cody is going to make it. I hope for day one DLC, but who knows.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the knife for SFxTK.
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
    I'm hoping his launcher is the pipe =D
    Excited to see Cody is going to make it. I hope for day one DLC, but who knows.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped the knife for SFxTK.
    The knife is what made him so Unique in FF and SF, i dont think theyll get rid of it.

The knife is what made him so Unique in FF and SF, i dont think theyll get rid of it.
    Knife will be god in this game. OH I WANT IT NOW

• baritsubaritsu XBL: Marmelodov Joined: Posts: 46
    I hope he can juggle with the criminal upper like in alpha 3. If they just took alpha 3 Cody and gave him zonk that would be so fucking awesome
    Updated the OP with the half baked prologue. Maybe we will see Cody sooner than later?

• NsauceNsauce PSN: Nsauce Joined: Posts: 171
    That prologue being on disc gives me hope that I will not have to wait long for him.
  • DaoLongDaoLong Joined: Posts: 14
    I'd love a FF1 costume. I love the character, but I find his new design a bit boring. I don't know if it was made to reflect how cheap he is when he fights, but I want to break some skulls with his old garbs. I hated each and every single one of his SSF4 alts.
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,396
    alternate costumes:
    03_sfxtmodels21.jpg03_sfxtmodels22.jpg

I guess the first one is based on paul's (hence the hair) 2nd tekken costume:
    355px-PT3.jpg

dunno the second one tho
    我道
  • Ectoplasm on ToastEctoplasm on Toast STEIGEND DRACHEN FAUST Joined: Posts: 87
    It's Edi. E's uniform.
    oUaBC.gif
    It's Edi. E's uniform.
    oUaBC.gif
    right, now I can see the police uniform. the badge is also quite visible. damn, that's pretty boss.
    我道
    Any ideas on what they do with the knife in this game? I have no idea what's gonna happen or what they are gonna do. Is the knife projectile going to past through other projectiles? That'd be cool. I'm seriously drawing a blank on that front.

Other than that I'm not sure how Cody will change but his moves seems tailor made for this game and I think when he shows up he will be devastating.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison

first footage. analyzing income.

edit:
    - seems to have every normal as seen in sf4. (launcher animation is literally the best looking in the game <3)
    -Switch Canceled Criminal Upper on block seems safe.
    -super art: non cinematic SF4 super for a few hits, then cinematic utlra 1 variation.
    -can potencially juggle after lp criminal upper (looks like you have big time after a hit, height looks right as well)
    -f.hp and f.hk both in.
    -when throwing rocks, has an even more annoying HAHA (O M G)
    -ex zonk still a slow but invincible reversal. might be comboable in the corner.
    我道
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,127
    He seems to move forward faster.
    cr.lk into chains is godlike, specially if it's still 3 frames.
    f.hk also seems faster.
    He must have paid some time, because they gave him bigger handcuffs.
    He seems to move forward faster.
    cr.lk into chains is godlike, specially if it's still 3 frames.
    f.hk also seems faster.
    He must have paid some time, because they gave him bigger handcuffs.
    yeah c.lk into c.mk SLIDE. he might have the best cross rush buffer system in the game, starting of a light.
    我道
    Man if only his walkspeed was better he'd be s tier. From the guide preview normals have more total frames so it's easier to wiff punish.
    The ending on that super is so fucking stylish
    The ending on that super is so fucking stylish
    dat handclapping? yeah, Loved that.
    tho, the non cinematic hits look awkward a bit. would have loved if had a 3 hit pipe combo instead : p
    我道
  • James LameJames Lame When's Melty? Joined: Posts: 91
    Looking good Cody.

Not sure what i think of the fact that they are already on the disc tho, but i guess that's for the rant thread.
    His f.hk might actually be airborne this time around, he got hit by marduk's aa grab.
  • Paper_TankPaper_Tank Joined: Posts: 338
    Cody's Police Alt + Asuka Delinquent Alt = Baka Gaijin Waifu Husbando Deluxe team. Everything else is small time.
    SFxT: Vega x King, Elena x Marduk,
    Dudley x Steve, Balrog x Bryan
    Looking good Cody.

Not sure what i think of the fact that they are already on the disc tho, but i guess that's for another thread.
    since I can't change it all I want is that he is day one dlc instead of waiting a month tbh. my Paul/Cody team need to deal some serious blond brawler damage. Cody in paul's outfit is also pretty dope for that reason :p
    我道
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    F+HK is OTG I assume? Hugo threw Cody out of it from what I saw. Is it an AA grab right?
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • James LameJames Lame When's Melty? Joined: Posts: 91
    since I can't change it all I want is that he is day one dlc instead of waiting a month tbh. my Paul/Cody team need to deal some serious blond brawler damage. Cody in paul's outfit is also pretty dope for that reason :p
    Yeah i hear you, I'd rather have him on day 1 now too. It's just that I'm having issues with the fact that how DLC is handle nowadays, it's just so... dirty. I'm still getting it tho, lol.
    Yeah i hear you, I'd rather have him on day 1 now too. It's just that I'm having issues with the fact that how DLC is handle nowadays, it's just so... dirty. I'm still getting it tho, lol.
    you mean they use... prison tricks?
    我道
    I *think* every sf character has a wallbounce and every tekken character has a groundbounce, I wonder what cody's could be. Also, I'd guess that nj.hp causes a ground bounce.
    I *think* every sf character has a wallbounce and every tekken character has a groundbounce, I wonder what cody's could be. Also, I'd guess that nj.hp causes a ground bounce.
    this is not entirely true tho. paul has a wallbounce for instance. any overhead vs airborne targets also causes a groundbounce as far as I know.
    but my bet is that ex ruffian will have a wall bounce. might be the mk version this time around too.
    我道
    Hammer hook might ground bounce. I really hope ex ruffian is wallbounce too. Ex Zonk would be difficult to combo consistently