The Blanka Thread

OrziOrzi Joined: Posts: 133
Ha! Ha! Finally I have my own thread! Othervise, I have strange feeling that nobody else want to make thread for Blanka :P

I've always wondered about why people hate Blanka so much. Is it because Ono trolls with his figurine? I'm new to Street Fighter, but I think he is sort of cool and unique in design. Big green anthropoid? That's perfect partner for team "Funny Animals" with Kuma!
Tekken: Steve, Asuka, Alisa
Street Fighter: Juri, Ibuki, Cammy
Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

Comments

• JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,310
    I guess they'll change his Electricity to a :qcf: command like Chun li's Lightning Legs. I can see EX Elec being a good Switch Cancel.

I wonder what his super will be? Probably just Lightning Cannonball. Would be nice (random and unexpected) for them to bring back his Watermelon super from Alpha though lol.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • KorbidonKorbidon Who can stand against such abominations? Joined: Posts: 4,599
    You can't make electricity a fireball, man, that would be way to good. Hop-electricity pressure could be done flawlessly, by anyone, endlessly.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,310
    Hmmm, well maybe they won't. I guess I just assumed they were changing all Mash moves. Well, all two of them in SFxT.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,396
    You can't make electricity a fireball, man, that would be way to good. Hop-electricity pressure could be done flawlessly, by anyone, endlessly.
    I think it would be harder to do for ambiguous x-up hop electricity cos you'd have to reverse your inputs, and depending on what the opponent does you might not even know what side you're going to land on.

I hope hopping builds meter like in ST.
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    They hate blanka because he has that crazy swag.

I hope he keeps his j. mk from SF4 cause its a beastly cross up, maybe slightly adjust the hit box to make it meaner.

Maybe make df. hp safe at max range to help his footsie game, oh and have it lead to crumple stun on CH.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,154
    df. hp is safe at max range but that's not saying much. he's my main since sf2 and even i hate him and find him to be one of the most annoying sf characters ever created. he has extreme match ups here and there. it's sometimes way in his favor or waaaaaaaaay against him.
    things that make people hate this character: he's backwards in many ways. moves you think you can punish on block or whiff are impossible or really hard. moves on hit are punishable though...
    his j.mk is retarded good. it's its own vortex. he needs nothing else in sf4 since his jump is extremely vertical so he can cross you up even if he's right next to you. everyone else needs to be about a body lengths distance away to cross up or they'll whiff. not for blankaz.
    he can sit on his ass and eat his boogers all day long once he gets a life lead. at this point he can keep you out of the air or stop you from walking forward.
    EX air ball is retarded and can only be blocked 1/100 tries. can't focus it if he uses it as a reversal.
    he's not hard to use effectively imo. he has some hard combos but match ups consist mostly of "should i be more aggressive or defensive?" and nothing really specific other than knowing who can punish blanka balls on hit/block.
    all in all, he requires a lot of knowledge to beat, but once you've figured him out he's pretty much dead.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • hagenNORKANOIAhagenNORKANOIA Joined: Posts: 648
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/02/info-street-fighter-x-tekkens-12-new-characters-coming-april-karins-copyright-issues-and-much-more/

so ono says they have problems putting blanka into the game-system and they are still working on it

so either they change him so much that he doesnt feel like SF4 Blanka but is a good char, or they totally fuck up and make blanka suck!

either way I think we have to wait for jimmy for a looooong time
    blanka's prolouge without voice acting

pic of blanka's ending

03_sfxtend02.jpg

Blanka looks BADASS
    okay...the pink scarf...but he just honors the greatest fighter of em all: DAN
    so don't you dare saying something different! HE LOOKS REALY PISSED!!!!!
    hope he finds his bro!
  • DarachnidDarachnid Salty Member Joined: Posts: 565
    I think electricity will have to be qcf. Because I think Lp, mp, hp is going to be a universal 'launcher' combo for all characters (not confirmed). That rules out sliding for jab xx elec, unless pianoed in a different sequence.
    I think electricity will have to be qcf. Because Lp, mp, hp is going to be a universal 'launcher' combo for all characters. That rules out sliding for jab xx elec, unless pianoed in a different sequence.

i think this is pretty much given, though I don't like it!
    I always thought that blanka doesn't fit into the game so I was really surprised that he made it!
    I think they change him a lot to make him work...and ono already said they have problems with him.

combo into juggling elec into tag into combo into tag into ball FTW
    endless corner elec juggling FTW
    upball DP motion FTW
    chainable rock crusher FTW
    water melon super FTW
    blanka confirmed for SSS tier
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,495
    Blanka's j.mk is blockable both ways a lot of the time in sf4, if they fix that I'll be happy.

Also hop electricity pressure is crap in every game that isn't cvs2
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
    okay here we go:

this video won't be on for long so watch it as long as you can
    I try to desribe for those who came to late:

Blanka's "costume" looks like SF4 Blanka

blanka's super looks ridiculous. I'm not sure what he is actually doing (bad quality), but i think it's startup is crazy fast
    he is doing a hori ball that launches his foe the air, than he charges his elec (is that even a word?) and jumps after him and does some kind of electric izuna-drop. LOOKS SIC!!!!
    but say goodbye to mizoteru-bomb....
    wait....maybe you can do a crossup like you can do with horiball on foe's wakeup....would be cool

his ball bounceback is extremely short at least on hit (which is good for okizeme) and ball knocks down. unfortunately he does it from a short distance so it could be a fullscreen knockdown (crossed fingers), but I think it's similar to 2012 edition.
    he doesn't ball on block, but I hope the bounceback is not THAT short on block, because on hit he lands right next to the foe....

he chains cr.LP -> cr.MP
    he chains cr.MP -> cr.HK (sweep) and cancels into launcher (that doesn't hit, of course)
    unfortunately this were the only "combos" he does

he does elec twice after cr.MP, but it didnt look like a cancel and it doesn't hit
    so I'm not sure whether he just mashed MP or whether he does some kind of motion...
    the animation itself looks different. looks like he has some yellow shining spikes around him...dont like it

he does rainbow roll but doesn't hit his foe, so i can't say anything about it

he does some random normals that look similar to SF4

hop is in

he doesn't do AA ball

his pic on top of the screen looks ASS
    MORE!! Where did you find this...?
    just youtubed "sdxtk blanka"

also watch this
    http://www.twitch.tv/sfxtekken2

footage of the hacked version!!!!
    right now he lets the AI play scramble mode with 4 of the same chars!
    4 guiles = SONIC SONIC SONIC FLASH FLASH FLASH
    waiting for Blanka!!!!

EDIT:
    WTF? he did random scramble with chars having there movesets switched. there was a girl (dont know here name. tekken char I guess) with blanka's moveset but this part was just total chaos so I couldnt see anything
    more:

13 sec of blanka doing random stuff in the end :(
    ^upball after whiffed st.hp... Ermmm...? I know sfxt doesn't like charge moves but Rog got his. Hopefully that upball is just a beta Blanka move. Also towards the end, non-ex upball knocking down!? Blocked ball lands nearly exactly where it was blocked too, although the pushback/blockstun seemed to stop guy from punishing it, or Guy just didn't react fast enough? Fastest SF game I've ever seen though. Looks like a complete marvel-mash at times.

Btw did you see Blankas 'Evil Monkey' pose at the start of the match:

family-guy-evil-monkey.jpg
    he chains cr.MP -> cr.HK (sweep) and cancels into ball (that doesn't hit, of course, but doesnt fly over the foe neither...strange)

I think that was a wiffed 'Launcher' move, double tapping the HK at the end of the cr.mp, cr.hk chain.
    I think that was a wiffed 'Launcher' move, double tapping the HK at the end of the cr.mp, cr.hk chain.

oh....yes....you're right...edited my post

and that blocked ball was totally punishable!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/05/capcom-explains-why-street-fighter-x-tekkens-12-dlc-characters-were-disc/

"Capcom has confirmed that 12 new fan-favorite characters will be available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC versions of Street Fighter X Tekken later this year. The playable characters will make their debut on the PS Vita system when the game is released this fall, with the console and PC versions receiving them as DLC soon after."

SOON AFTER!?!?!?!?!?!?!? hate these words.....fall :(
    be patient, be patient, be patient.....

okay, maybe that's not THAT bad for me because I can check out some other chars....
    I knew that last week, still trying to hold back the tears when someone mentions it. Cheers.

Reading that Capcom quote above again, it seems that the characters will be there later this year... but not 'playable' until the 'fall'. I hope not, that'd just be cruel. Blanka as an opponent in arcade mode only. Imagine.
    Btw, Hagen... what's your Xbox tag? About those games yeah? ;)

Mine is same as my sig: Darachnid.
    More:

Horrible, shitty scrub play.. not one combo. Nothing interesting at all really.
    Except for the fact that blanka says "Over here" about 4000 times, hopefully that is only because of the frequency of that shitty players 'upball' spamming. I hope at least you can turn off voices, jeez.
    that was really bad, but to speak for him it wouldnt look any different if somebody would want ME to check characters out except Blanka and maybe Sim

@ Darachnid
    friend request incoming! check your messages!
  • PrincePrince Yare Yare Daze Joined: Posts: 215
    He's the only reason I'm buying this game. Now I just have to find someone to team him up with.
    Horizontalballlife
  • JOLTheadJOLThead Joined: Posts: 575
    I'm not sure I can wait until the fall to play Blanka...
    PSN id: JOLThead
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,396
    Horrible, shitty scrub play.. not one combo
    Lol, it's CPU vs CPU.
    gonna meet ono and harada on thursday on a release party in Hamburg germany....

gonna cr.Fierce-punch their faces blanka-style for letting us wait for jimmy and for not having 2-player-in-one-room-going-online feature on 360!
    seriously....now I'm really pissed!
  • HaikuWarHaikuWar The Best Looking Player EVER Joined: Posts: 2,094
    I hope hes cvs2 good... hop hop ambiguous electricity?

Sent from my GAMEBOY using POKEMON
  • MrSoadaMrSoada Joined: Posts: 427
    In SFxMK, I would like to see Blanka get his spine ripped out during fatalities.
    Blanka mash elec confirmed

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dlc-character-gameplay.155698/page-29

was sure they gonna make it a motion....
    But I dont think it's gonna be 5 punches like in SF4
    thx to bullre

Blanka trails

http://imgur.com/a/pBiLP

looks like cr.MK is the new cr.LK :D

• BushBush Joined: Posts: 305
    I managed to play some blanka. Hes terrible.
  • JOLTheadJOLThead Joined: Posts: 575
    Now some people are using him online.
    PSN id: JOLThead
  • Gr1nGoGr1nGo Joined: Posts: 27
    Did some blanka testing and what i found.
    Cr lk cr lk doesn't link anymore, it seems that cr lk now has +3 on hit so it's one frame link between cr lr far lp.
    Cr mk now links into itself, so it's +5 or +6. Cl mp cr mk seems easy to do so maybe it's +6 now.
    Cr mk cr mk cr mk combo from trials is a juggle from antiair rockcrusher which in my opinion is impossible to set up in real fight. But ability to combo 3 cr mk from air to air counterhit is a good news.
    All his moves seems unchanged in startups.
    All balls has knockdown on hit from all distances, but horizontal ball now lands point blank both on hit and block. Oh, and balls now do 170 dmg.
    His super seems nice, has half screen range to punish whiffed moves, dmg is around 350.

Overall blanka seems barely changed, like it was just ported from ae. No easy links, no any juggles from balls or ex moves, electricity has crappy range - this character is just raw.
    I really think, capcom gonna reassemble blanka as they said, like it did with sagat for example. He has new links, his old links became easier, he's faster overall and so on.

sorry for my english :)
  • HaikuWarHaikuWar The Best Looking Player EVER Joined: Posts: 2,094
    How is his cr fierce and cr roundhouse?

Sent from my GAMEBOY using POKEMON
  • Gr1nGoGr1nGo Joined: Posts: 27
    I feel they are all the same.
  • EarthRynoEarthRyno PSN: EarthRyno Joined: Posts: 63
    Gosh... I just want Blanka to be good! Just seeing these vids just makes me think that he is not going to have any cross cancelable combos and give ass combo starters. I could see him doing okay as an anchor with his ball moves having the knockdown. After seeing Rufus being successful with his c.hp in to launcher, I can't help but think that Blanka would have that same success. I just really hope that they change him before they let him loose. Quarter circle electricity would be great! I love this character, and I just don't want to see him turned to crap!
  • WickedBobWickedBob Dumb Member Joined: Posts: 215
    Tested him and other DLC characters, so Blanka seems to be one of the worst character in the game, with Guy.

You pick Blanka from SFIV barely changed, but SFxT isn't SFIV lol... oh and elec is very bad in SFxT, no more elec pressure, sorry.
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 300
    So luckily Blanka turned out to be better than everybody first thought.
    USF4: Blanka, Hugo

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, Guile, Kuma

SFV: Birdie, Necalli