SFxT Bugs and Glitches Thread

Comments

• Squid_BisketsSquid_Biskets Joined: Posts: 36
    I'm on 360 and don't even have the option to go online with the mode I want (the 2 player co-op), even if I wanted to endure the lag :-(... This game is a mess right now.
  • GurrryGurrry Joined: Posts: 89
    I have noticed an input bug.

I am getting the "quick combo" input when i tag in a partner in. It keeps saying im doing Lp and Kh (or what ever) and the animation for the quick combo of that character starts up. Is there a way to turn off quick combos for my character?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have also had the Down Forward input bug happen to me. It skips my diagonal input on occasion. Hopefully these are things that can be worked out...

Im honestly having a hard time understanding how capcom could let these bugs get through. Ive had the game less than 24 hours and have noticed multiple bugs. Get your shit together cashcom. Quit worrying about DLC and fix the effing game.

Other than that, probably my favorite game of all time so far.
    And someone really needs to test the online co-op feature. If that is really something that is PS3 exclusive im going to flip shit. What the hell are they thinking? How was this feature not implemented from day 1?

Everyone on this site loves to bash Mortal Kombat til its beaten to a pulp, but even NetherRealm and their terrible netcode had the co-op online feature implemented.

Not to mention this games SELLING POINT IS CO-OP PLAY!!!

Get it fixed. ASAP.
  • ChozoAceChozoAce Joined: Posts: 53
    I just tried holding DF and it didnt spaz out on me. But I have noticed where it gives you a diagonal input randomly at times and sometimes it will skip the diagonal at times.
    I have noticed an input bug.

I am getting the "quick combo" input when i tag in a partner in. It keeps saying im doing Lp and Kh (or what ever) and the animation for the quick combo of that character starts up. Is there a way to turn off quick combos for my character?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have also had the Down Forward input bug happen to me. It skips my diagonal input on occasion. Hopefully these are things that can be worked out...

Im honestly having a hard time understanding how capcom could let these bugs get through. Ive had the game less than 24 hours and have noticed multiple bugs. Get your shit together cashcom. Quit worrying about DLC and fix the effing game.

Other than that, probably my favorite game of all time so far.

Wow.. Im going to reply to my own thread.

I found out why I was getting the Quick Combo out. Its because its hotkeyed to L3 and the other is hotkeyed to R3. So if youre going hard on your pad and accidentally press in the sticks, youll get the quick combo out.

Im sure you can turn this off in button config. But just a heads up for those of you having the same issue.
  • RevekRevek Joined: Posts: 41
    my roundhouse button on my stick will constantly stop working. it always works fine in sf4
    SSF4AE: Ibuki, Sakura kinda
    UMvC3: Felicia/Storm/Nova
  • THATNI666ALEXLUGERTHATNI666ALEXLUGER Joined: Posts: 124
    the sound bug is really, really annoying online, also where's the day one patch?
    Could everyone with a Capcom-Unity account leave a message in this thread, hopefully if we make enough noise Capcom will add 2 player co op online to the xbox360 version of the game.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28974651/Why_is_SFxT_unable_to..?pg=1
  • ShaeknbaekShaeknbaek Joined: Posts: 813
    with ME3 out I was in no hurry to get this game...wish they would have waited a week or two to fix more bugs
  • xbjimxbjim Joined: Posts: 4
    Looks like it's a PS3 only feature and the inclusion of it in the XBOX manual was an oversight and won't/can't be patched in:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28972471/?sdb=1&pg=last#517216363
    It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how XBL differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 xboxs)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.

Christian Svensson
    Corporate Officer/Senior Vice-President
  • SteveChillerSteveChiller Joined: Posts: 18
    the online multiplayer sound issue needs to be fixed ASAP! it's annoying and throwing my game off. Also, I hate how comboeing into a fierce attack switches out the characters. ugh.
  • FancyPantsFancyPants Joined: Posts: 85
    In case it wasn't mentioned, the sound bug for online play comes from lag between the players, says Ono. Since it's a new netcode, it works differently than in SF4. But they are aware of the issue and will try to fix it soon.
  • AnemoneAnemone smug ass bitch Joined: Posts: 1,979
    Same thing happens in Third Strike Online too, so yeah, it's a lag thing.
  • KeresKeres (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Joined: Posts: 704
    the online multiplayer sound issue needs to be fixed ASAP! it's annoying and throwing my game off. Also, I hate how comboeing into a fierce attack switches out the characters. ugh.
    It only does if you do a second fierce after the first one. Mash less.
    XBL: AIAB Keres / twitter: @cloudymusic
    SF4/P4A/3S
  • VthreeVthree Joined: Posts: 2
    i feel retarded playing online ---- i thought I was in climax from the second i started a combo... LOL.. turning it off doesn't do the fix. I'm glad to see other people are having the same problem =/
  • tonzleetonzlee Juri's Man servant Joined: Posts: 45
    I also have the sound issue. But another issue im having is the fact that my bp counter remains at zero..i just got my copy and i have played 5 matches and won all 5 but im still at zero bp..im not sure why that is but its almost like the juri bug where you play super when u have AE and then the bp/pp counter stops giving you your amount of points..this is gonna bug the shit outta me cause it did when it happened with ae.
    WHOOOHOOO Time To PARTY!
  • Dances with NinjasDances with Ninjas Kung Fu Treachery Joined: Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it counts as a glitch, but the game is ridiculously strict with the diagonals on the 360 pad's analog stick. I have to have surgical precision to do something as simple as jumping forward or backward. I don't know why they wouldn't just leave it the same as SF4.
    "Unless you mean Dances with Ninjas? Whatever. He's the genius champion of our generation..." - TWG Arthur
    I don't know if it counts as a glitch, but the game is ridiculously strict with the diagonals on the 360 pad's analog stick. I have to have surgical precision to do something as simple as jumping forward or backward. I don't know why they wouldn't just leave it the same as SF4.
    Check out my video where I also point it out, its not just you.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Kara SPD LuLz Joined: Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭
    In training mode when you activate cross assault how come your partner doesn't go away after awhile? It's either a bug or i'm too much of a noob right now to figure it out.
  • mattwoomattwoo Joined: Posts: 182
    has anyone noticed any input problems? Sometimes when I hold down right, the inputs would spaz out saying that I am actually inputting down and down right rapidly. Also jumping at an angle is a huge hassle now. I've tried this with multiple xbox 360 controllers and the problem still consistently happens

I'm having the same problem (I'm on PS3 with an arcade stick). A lot of the times I wat to jump forward and my charatcer jumps straight up. Also, charge buffering is so much harder. I play Bison and in SF4 I would throw out a scissor kick and immediately hold back during the animation so I can scissor again, if needed. Unfortunately in SF x Tekken, if I hold back too quickly it cancels the scissors. The link timing also is throwing me off and I'm having trouble doing Bison's LK x4 into scissors and his other B n B combos.
    Just say no to square gates.
    Anyone else find you can't jump forward sometimes? It's happening a lot and I know it's not my TE stick..
  • Dances with NinjasDances with Ninjas Kung Fu Treachery Joined: Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else find you can't jump forward sometimes? It's happening a lot and I know it's not my TE stick..
    Setting your TE to DP should take care of that. Analog is really screwy in this game.
    "Unless you mean Dances with Ninjas? Whatever. He's the genius champion of our generation..." - TWG Arthur
  • axSoul_CLAYTONSAMUSaxSoul_CLAYTONSAMUS Trillwave Joined: Posts: 8
    has anyone noticed any input problems? Sometimes when I hold down right, the inputs would spaz out saying that I am actually inputting down and down right rapidly. Also jumping at an angle is a huge hassle now. I've tried this with multiple xbox 360 controllers and the problem still consistently happens
    I noticed a LOT of input problems. I dont know if there is a lack of leniency or just a mechanics change, but it really hinders my gameplay. Imho THIS needs to be fixed before the audio problems. It sucks to be holding downback and because im off 1 cm im not blocking. Someone should make a video tbh

edit: just seen the input bug video up there, i really need to pay attention lol
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,091
    Setting your TE to DP should take care of that. Analog is really screwy in this game.

You should always set it to DP instead of LS, for SF4 series at least.
    I ain't talkin romance but you'll get swept off your feet- Guru R.I.P.

"Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "- chuckZdZZ (or something like that)
    I've never had it set to anything other then DP lol.
    Just went on capcom unity and posted the video on their bug forum. Hopefully they get to see it and not overlook it, not many people are talking about it
    my stick was on LS :-\\\\ maybe that will help with not dropping King's knees
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Kara SPD LuLz Joined: Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭
    Say you go to look at replays from Asia. When you exit that replay it'll send you back to the North America listings. Nothing major, but i see it getting annoying.
  • ZiNZiN My Footies, they smell. Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm also experiencing the sound issue and I find it very annoying, I also never realized how much I depend on sound queues. I actually use it for hit confirming and now that I don't have it, everything sounds like a block so it completely throws off my game play online.

I haven't played with it enough since I can't take playing this way for very long but it only seems like the sound is messed on any of my actions, any of my opponent sounds seem in sync.

Either way, this needs to be addressed. New netcode or not, this is a serious bug that should have been quashed before launch.
    I am really upset about the online sound glitch. I'll post what I posted in the Netcode thread.

Sound glitch is the kicker. I mean how in the hell could this glaring issue get by Capcom? I didn't realize until playing this, but I use the sound effects as audio cues for my links and combos. The fact that the sound completely drops out, or is lagging way behind the action is unacceptable. If this were any other fighting game this community would be ripping this game to shreds in terms of its polish online.
  • ATron9000ATron9000 Joined: Posts: 133
    "You have been disconnected from xbox live" pretty much all the time and only with this game. It kicks me from ranked and takes 100+ bp. Funny thing is, I'm never disconnected.
    XBL: Atron9000
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 579
    Dunno if this has been said yet, but I'd you're in a laggy match and try to do a raw launcher, sometimes it won't even tag you out (in addition to not going into the closeup cinematic) its very weird and I've lost maches because it kept my low life point character in
    gt: Jailhouse
    skullgirlsssss: parasoul/double
    marvel 3 is horrid
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,069 ✭✭
    If right at the start of the round if you jump at your opponent , the big FIGHT graphic are still on the screen. meaning if you both jump at each other your both behind the graphics and wont know who won the exchange till you get blasted back to the ground if you lost the exchange.. it stays on the stage 2 second or so late blocking gameplay
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    Also get hit by the input bug alot on jumping forward or In air qcb and qcf and get neutral jumps instead of forward....I tested it it diffrent fight sticks,,,,,,as i have 4 ..making trails with juri a headache......sometimes simple dive kicks dont come out at all
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,091
    Anyone know why the Counterhit message pops up twice simultaneously? Not for each character, but like hitting with Julia's s.hp and counterhit pops up twice on her side.
    I ain't talkin romance but you'll get swept off your feet- Guru R.I.P.

"Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "- chuckZdZZ (or something like that)
  • MadninjaMadninja Joined: Posts: 7
    To bad for you but this is not a glitch ;) i think it is made like that.
    The audio trouble is a major problem wich need a quick fix.
    Could everyone with a Capcom-Unity account leave a message in this thread, hopefully if we make enough noise Capcom will add 2 player co op online to the xbox360 version of the game.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28974651/Why_is_SFxT_unable_to..?pg=1
    You need to gave up guys Capcom already say : security matter and xblive gamertag policy it is not possible ! You need to console and 2 account available. Seriously i doub they will do anything with that :( curse to be on xbox for that reason.
  • mistakenspic4690mistakenspic4690 Joined: Posts: 18
    on the ps3 version to play coop online the second player just has to press start at the character select screen. i read an article in which capcom stated that the xbox version does allow coop with two people on the same system because of the way 360 online accounts work or something like that. the article should be somewhere on this site.
  • BlindGuy0BlindGuy0 Joined: Posts: 5
    Im on the 360 version. if I do M. Bison's(Dic) super art and from full screen my opponent stand blocks he gets hit. lol WTF. crouch block seems to work. Bisons Super Art Never hits low.
    ok seriously i am not angry , but they need to fix a lot of stuff and really quickly ... because this game was enjoyable and i was excited at the release and now the excitation time is passed and I dont like my experience with the game ... :S

I am thinking of returning on SSf4ea ...
  • Whizkid33Whizkid33 Joined: Posts: 2
    guaranteed counter hit!!

Worked on this glitch with Blindguy0 -

If you dash cancel the EX version of your chargeable move (works both if you charge all the way to the EX version or just use a bar to do the EX version). The very next attack is a counter hit version if you connect. This includes the added damage, and special juggle properties or frame data allowing special combos to exist.

Now if you whiff any attack then the counter hit won't happen. So once activated it is any button that is pressed whether landed or not that has the Counter hit applied to it.

In This video it is hard to tell, but for example when doing rolento's crouch mid kick without ex dash cancel his patriot circle the damage is 60, but with the ex dash cancel of the patriot circle the damage is 75.

Crouching block and backward/forward jump are fucked in this game from a pad users standpoint. There is too strict of a spot for the joystick to be in that im so focused on trying to keep it held there that I cant punish.

Its incredibly annoying that something that should be easy has to be so difficult due to the sensitivity of the DP.
    Crouching block and backward/forward jump are fucked in this game from a pad users standpoint. There is too strict of a spot for the joystick to be in that im so focused on trying to keep it held there that I cant punish.

Its incredibly annoying that something that should be easy has to be so difficult due to the sensitivity of the DP.

i wouldn't call that a glitch, buy a stick.
  • TensionTension 9th Kyu :( Joined: Posts: 376
    guaranteed counter hit!!

Worked on this glitch with Blindguy0 -

If you dash cancel the EX version of your chargeable move (works both if you charge all the way to the EX version or just use a bar to do the EX version). The very next attack is a counter hit version if you connect. This includes the added damage, and special juggle properties or frame data allowing special combos to exist.

Now if you whiff any attack then the counter hit won't happen. So once activated it is any button that is pressed whether landed or not that has the Counter hit applied to it.

In This video it is hard to tell, but for example when doing rolento's crouch mid kick without ex dash cancel his patriot circle the damage is 60, but with the ex dash cancel of the patriot circle the damage is 75.

Don't think this is a glitch. Strategy guide has this listed as "charge canceling" and Tekken has a very similar mechanic when you press all attacks buttons together to get a charge/power up.
  • Whizkid33Whizkid33 Joined: Posts: 2
    Don't think this is a glitch. Strategy guide has this listed as "charge canceling" and Tekken has a very similar mechanic when you press all attacks buttons together to get a charge/power up.

interesting...don't have the guide...just seems weird if that is considered a powerup, that the counter hit text still slides in... instead of saying something else...because it shouldn't be considered a counter hit if the opponent doesn't hit a button... (seems like capcom was just lazy to put new text in then)
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice that you can't reversal through meaties with special move that don't have invincibility? You don't get the reversal message even with perfect inputs. If you try an EX move, you don't even lose meter.
  • KeresKeres (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Joined: Posts: 704
    Anyone else notice that you can't reversal through meaties with special move that don't have invincibility?
    Which is the way it should be.
    XBL: AIAB Keres / twitter: @cloudymusic
    SF4/P4A/3S
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is the way it should be.
    Obviously, but you don't get even get the reversal message, or lose meter, which is not the way it should be. I think this used to happen in SFIV as well in some cases.
    i wouldn't call that a glitch, buy a stick.
    i own 4 Te sticks,,,,,,its not about pad or stick,,,,, dive kicks with juri my main some time dive kicks in the air dont come out and instead just a neutral roundhouse kick or try to jump forward or back and it just neutral jumps