SFxT Bugs and Glitches Thread

Comments

• ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    that feature is not in the 360's manual while it is in the PS3 manual, thinking it may be PS3 only...
    Wow that's a dumb thing to make exclusive, and not mention it anywhere.
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,744
    anyone experiencing the old sf4 bug where crouching attacks wiff on the opposing character? its only happened to me once, but my chun did a cr.mk against crouching hugo and it went right through him, though he was doing a cr.mk himself (which hit me and knocked me down.... salt flew)

before anyone asks im SURE that chuns cr.mk was able to hit cause i was in recovery frames when hugo hit me with his cr.mk and i was damn near point blank.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • fogerfoger lame is good Joined: Posts: 5,661
    playing a match just now, i threw the opponent twice(once forwards and once back) and rufus like..warped into the ground during the animation both ways. it didn't seem to happen or do anything other than during the animation of the throw, but man it looked weird

xbox version
  • ZarukaZaruka the Fool Joined: Posts: 856
    My brother bought the special edition version tonight for the Xbox 360 and it says in the manual on page 22:

A Quick Tip from Dan
    If you have 2 controllers, you can team up with a friend to play an online battle! It's easy -- just press the START button on the other controller while at the Character Select screen! This is called Local Pair Play!

We tried to play scramble mode online. Figuring that since it was their "party" mode it would most likely be the one to let us play together on one console (I could understand it being rejected for ranked play) but it didn't work. Didn't work in a ranked game either. Didn't try Endless.

We even have 2 gamertags so we tried to invite another in to the game and it just sends the invited player to the start screen once you accept the game invite... it tries to join the game/player (which of course doesn't exist anymore since the game went to the start screen) and gives a "Unable to join lobby" type message.

Didn't see any message about having the other controller press start. We were using 1 arcade stick (the mad cat, SF TE? - red, black, white sides) and a normal Xbox 360 wired controller.

I hope they're aware of it and can patch it in some how.

Edit: here are images of page 22, the manual cover and game box cover:
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#0
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#1
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#2

yea it has it in my manual too so maybe they have to patch it in. mind you i have the xbox special edition too. i don't have anyone i can test it but by your accounts it does not seem like it works.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarukaFu?feature=mhee my youtube account for all your scrub viewing needs. now you can watch me live with http://www.twitch.tv/zaruka.
  • Squid_BisketsSquid_Biskets Joined: Posts: 63
    yea it has it in my manual too so maybe they have to patch it in. mind you i have the xbox special edition too. i don't have anyone i can test it but by your accounts it does not seem like it works.

I hope this is the case. A day 1 patch or something.
  • CoinsCoins Two Coins!! Joined: Posts: 280
    i think the "teleporting" people speaking of has to do with Capcoms netcode ala it's own rollback feature. So it's not really a bug persay but a bad connection
    Rog, Dudley --- Fight Like Gentlemen!
  • ChunstoppableChunstoppable I don't quit! Joined: Posts: 1,008
    When using a custom soundtrack the game randomly lags up at the character selection screen. I can move the cursor around but when I select my character it'll take a while for that character to show up on the screen and then I have to wait even longer for the gem selection stuff. PS3, if it matters.
  • XDubzXXDubzX Joined: Posts: 114
    I am really upset about the online sound glitch. I'll post what I posted in the Netcode thread.

Sound glitch is the kicker. I mean how in the hell could this glaring issue get by Capcom? I didn't realize until playing this, but I use the sound effects as audio cues for my links and combos. The fact that the sound completely drops out, or is lagging way behind the action is unacceptable. If this were any other fighting game this community would be ripping this game to shreds in terms of its polish online.
  • ChunstoppableChunstoppable I don't quit! Joined: Posts: 1,008
    I am really upset about the online sound glitch. I'll post what I posted in the Netcode thread.

Sound glitch is the kicker. I mean how in the hell could this glaring issue get by Capcom? I didn't realize until playing this, but I use the sound effects as audio cues for my links and combos. The fact that the sound completely drops out, or is lagging way behind the action is unacceptable. If this were any other fighting game this community would be ripping this game to shreds in terms of its polish online.
    I pretty much feel the same way. I'm getting raped through lag and a lack of sfx because I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on without the sound. I'm really hoping it's going to be fixed in the patch that should be out today.
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 2,813
    May I suggest to be a lab rat until this issue is addressed? I won't bbe going online anythime soon maybe for anpther two weeks. I'm experimenting with characters
    SF5 = Laura
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante
    PSN= melflomil
    I'm on 360 and don't even have the option to go online with the mode I want (the 2 player co-op), even if I wanted to endure the lag :-(... This game is a mess right now.
  • GurrryGurrry Joined: Posts: 89
    I have noticed an input bug.

I am getting the "quick combo" input when i tag in a partner in. It keeps saying im doing Lp and Kh (or what ever) and the animation for the quick combo of that character starts up. Is there a way to turn off quick combos for my character?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have also had the Down Forward input bug happen to me. It skips my diagonal input on occasion. Hopefully these are things that can be worked out...

Im honestly having a hard time understanding how capcom could let these bugs get through. Ive had the game less than 24 hours and have noticed multiple bugs. Get your shit together cashcom. Quit worrying about DLC and fix the effing game.

Other than that, probably my favorite game of all time so far.
    And someone really needs to test the online co-op feature. If that is really something that is PS3 exclusive im going to flip shit. What the hell are they thinking? How was this feature not implemented from day 1?

Everyone on this site loves to bash Mortal Kombat til its beaten to a pulp, but even NetherRealm and their terrible netcode had the co-op online feature implemented.

Not to mention this games SELLING POINT IS CO-OP PLAY!!!

Get it fixed. ASAP.
  • ChozoAceChozoAce Joined: Posts: 55

Input bug on video
    I just tried holding DF and it didnt spaz out on me. But I have noticed where it gives you a diagonal input randomly at times and sometimes it will skip the diagonal at times.
    I have noticed an input bug.

I am getting the "quick combo" input when i tag in a partner in. It keeps saying im doing Lp and Kh (or what ever) and the animation for the quick combo of that character starts up. Is there a way to turn off quick combos for my character?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I have also had the Down Forward input bug happen to me. It skips my diagonal input on occasion. Hopefully these are things that can be worked out...

Im honestly having a hard time understanding how capcom could let these bugs get through. Ive had the game less than 24 hours and have noticed multiple bugs. Get your shit together cashcom. Quit worrying about DLC and fix the effing game.

Other than that, probably my favorite game of all time so far.

Wow.. Im going to reply to my own thread.

I found out why I was getting the Quick Combo out. Its because its hotkeyed to L3 and the other is hotkeyed to R3. So if youre going hard on your pad and accidentally press in the sticks, youll get the quick combo out.

Im sure you can turn this off in button config. But just a heads up for those of you having the same issue.
  • RevekRevek Joined: Posts: 41
    my roundhouse button on my stick will constantly stop working. it always works fine in sf4
    SSF4AE: Ibuki, Sakura kinda
    UMvC3: Felicia/Storm/Nova
  • THATNI666ALEXLUGERTHATNI666ALEXLUGER Joined: Posts: 124
    the sound bug is really, really annoying online, also where's the day one patch?
    Could everyone with a Capcom-Unity account leave a message in this thread, hopefully if we make enough noise Capcom will add 2 player co op online to the xbox360 version of the game.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28974651/Why_is_SFxT_unable_to..?pg=1
  • ShaeknbaekShaeknbaek Joined: Posts: 813
    with ME3 out I was in no hurry to get this game...wish they would have waited a week or two to fix more bugs
  • xbjimxbjim Joined: Posts: 4
    Looks like it's a PS3 only feature and the inclusion of it in the XBOX manual was an oversight and won't/can't be patched in:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28972471/?sdb=1&pg=last#517216363
    It will not be patched and apologies for the manual inclusion. Seems it was an oversight. The difference has to do with how XBL differs from how it handles online and offline accounts.

According to the team:

"PS3 version: It is possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. Two local players can play on the same PS3 using 1 PSN ID, and play against other players online.

360 version: It is NOT possible to mix and match online and offline players for scramble battles and pair play battles. So you either have to have all players be offline and local (so 4 players, 1 xbox) or have all the players be online (4 players, 4 xboxs)."

The reason for this difference is because of the architecture differences between gamertags and PSN IDs. I’m not sure of the technical details, but basically it amounts to: Sony made it so you can mix and match online and offline, and Microsoft made it so you can’t.

Christian Svensson
    Corporate Officer/Senior Vice-President
  • SteveChillerSteveChiller Joined: Posts: 18
    the online multiplayer sound issue needs to be fixed ASAP! it's annoying and throwing my game off. Also, I hate how comboeing into a fierce attack switches out the characters. ugh.
  • FancyPantsFancyPants Joined: Posts: 87
    In case it wasn't mentioned, the sound bug for online play comes from lag between the players, says Ono. Since it's a new netcode, it works differently than in SF4. But they are aware of the issue and will try to fix it soon.
  • AnemoneAnemone smug ass bitch Joined: Posts: 1,979
    Same thing happens in Third Strike Online too, so yeah, it's a lag thing.
  • KeresKeres (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Joined: Posts: 704
    the online multiplayer sound issue needs to be fixed ASAP! it's annoying and throwing my game off. Also, I hate how comboeing into a fierce attack switches out the characters. ugh.
    It only does if you do a second fierce after the first one. Mash less.
    XBL: AIAB Keres / twitter: @cloudymusic
    SF4/P4A/3S
  • VthreeVthree Joined: Posts: 2
    i feel retarded playing online ---- i thought I was in climax from the second i started a combo... LOL.. turning it off doesn't do the fix. I'm glad to see other people are having the same problem =/
  • tonzleetonzlee Juri's Man servant Joined: Posts: 45
    I also have the sound issue. But another issue im having is the fact that my bp counter remains at zero..i just got my copy and i have played 5 matches and won all 5 but im still at zero bp..im not sure why that is but its almost like the juri bug where you play super when u have AE and then the bp/pp counter stops giving you your amount of points..this is gonna bug the shit outta me cause it did when it happened with ae.
    WHOOOHOOO Time To PARTY!
  • Dances with NinjasDances with Ninjas Kung Fu Treachery Joined: Posts: 814
    I don't know if it counts as a glitch, but the game is ridiculously strict with the diagonals on the 360 pad's analog stick. I have to have surgical precision to do something as simple as jumping forward or backward. I don't know why they wouldn't just leave it the same as SF4.
    "Unless you mean Dances with Ninjas? Whatever. He's the genius champion of our generation..." - TWG Arthur
    I don't know if it counts as a glitch, but the game is ridiculously strict with the diagonals on the 360 pad's analog stick. I have to have surgical precision to do something as simple as jumping forward or backward. I don't know why they wouldn't just leave it the same as SF4.
    Check out my video where I also point it out, its not just you.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,321
    In training mode when you activate cross assault how come your partner doesn't go away after awhile? It's either a bug or i'm too much of a noob right now to figure it out.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • mattwoomattwoo Joined: Posts: 182
    has anyone noticed any input problems? Sometimes when I hold down right, the inputs would spaz out saying that I am actually inputting down and down right rapidly. Also jumping at an angle is a huge hassle now. I've tried this with multiple xbox 360 controllers and the problem still consistently happens

I'm having the same problem (I'm on PS3 with an arcade stick). A lot of the times I wat to jump forward and my charatcer jumps straight up. Also, charge buffering is so much harder. I play Bison and in SF4 I would throw out a scissor kick and immediately hold back during the animation so I can scissor again, if needed. Unfortunately in SF x Tekken, if I hold back too quickly it cancels the scissors. The link timing also is throwing me off and I'm having trouble doing Bison's LK x4 into scissors and his other B n B combos.
    Just say no to square gates.
    Anyone else find you can't jump forward sometimes? It's happening a lot and I know it's not my TE stick..
  • Dances with NinjasDances with Ninjas Kung Fu Treachery Joined: Posts: 814
    Anyone else find you can't jump forward sometimes? It's happening a lot and I know it's not my TE stick..
    Setting your TE to DP should take care of that. Analog is really screwy in this game.
    "Unless you mean Dances with Ninjas? Whatever. He's the genius champion of our generation..." - TWG Arthur
  • axSoul_CLAYTONSAMUSaxSoul_CLAYTONSAMUS Trillwave Joined: Posts: 8
    has anyone noticed any input problems? Sometimes when I hold down right, the inputs would spaz out saying that I am actually inputting down and down right rapidly. Also jumping at an angle is a huge hassle now. I've tried this with multiple xbox 360 controllers and the problem still consistently happens
    I noticed a LOT of input problems. I dont know if there is a lack of leniency or just a mechanics change, but it really hinders my gameplay. Imho THIS needs to be fixed before the audio problems. It sucks to be holding downback and because im off 1 cm im not blocking. Someone should make a video tbh

edit: just seen the input bug video up there, i really need to pay attention lol
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,093
    Setting your TE to DP should take care of that. Analog is really screwy in this game.

You should always set it to DP instead of LS, for SF4 series at least.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
    I've never had it set to anything other then DP lol.
    Just went on capcom unity and posted the video on their bug forum. Hopefully they get to see it and not overlook it, not many people are talking about it
  • THATNI666ALEXLUGERTHATNI666ALEXLUGER Joined: Posts: 124
    my stick was on LS :-\\\\ maybe that will help with not dropping King's knees
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,321
    Say you go to look at replays from Asia. When you exit that replay it'll send you back to the North America listings. Nothing major, but i see it getting annoying.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • ZiNZiN My Footies, they smell. Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm also experiencing the sound issue and I find it very annoying, I also never realized how much I depend on sound queues. I actually use it for hit confirming and now that I don't have it, everything sounds like a block so it completely throws off my game play online.

I haven't played with it enough since I can't take playing this way for very long but it only seems like the sound is messed on any of my actions, any of my opponent sounds seem in sync.

Either way, this needs to be addressed. New netcode or not, this is a serious bug that should have been quashed before launch.