SFxT Bugs and Glitches Thread

Comments

• ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,740
    hmm... I wonder how do you hack this game to unlock the DLCs (characters, costumes, etc.) on the PS3 version.
    AFAIK there isn't a PS3 hack for the game yet.
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    AFAIK there isn't a PS3 hack for the game yet.
    AFAIK? What?
    AFAIK? What?
    As Far As I Know. AFAIK.
  • FlyingWonkeyFlyingWonkey Joined: Posts: 492
    hmm... I wonder how do you hack this game to unlock the DLCs (characters, costumes, etc.) on the PS3 version.

PS3s with that 3.55 custom firmware can't even run the game yet.
  • AsicaAsica Joined: Posts: 146
    Apart from sound glitch, I have trouble connecting. "Could not connect to lobby". I never saw this as much in SF4 on the same connection.
    KOFXIII: King, Andy, Ryo
    SSFIVAE2012: Sagat (Main), Abel (learning)
    SFxT: Hwoarang x Heihachi
  • SnafooSnafoo Joined: Posts: 206
    Guile's alpha counter can be activated only by pressing HP+HK which is BS imo
    You're not fighting me you're fighting the space between us.
    Jin has an overhead axe kick which basically leave's people floating in the air for a long time
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this but, while it's not practical, if you do happen to land that, you can back up and do it two more times followed by a charged super for 477 damage.

EDIT: Actually I can't tell if it says 477 or 417. Resolution is too small.
  • GurrryGurrry Joined: Posts: 89
    Not always a reliable choice. Two of my friends reported issues with their stick a couple of days after a dual mod. The same thing happened to me a couple years back by the same person. While I do have a dual modded stick that has been working for a few years (by a different person), I'm pretty upset I wasted 80 bucks and then some just to fix my original stick.

Anyway, Gurrry you'd be better off just getting what you can for your 360 copy now and then getting a PS3 copy or something... if you still wanna play it.

I definately still want to play. I got the game on 360 because I have more friends on 360. However, they are getting tired of the games BS already and are claiming they may sell it. If that happens, you can garuntee ill trade it for a PS3 version.

But having said that, I have an ever better idea...

CAPCOM SHOULD FIX THE FUCKING INPUT BUG! There was no reason to change it from SF4. Why would they change something that didnt need fixing?
  • WonderswanWonderswan PUTTIN' QUARTERS UP Joined: Posts: 684
    It seems like the Vanilla BP bug is back. I just got my copy last night, playing today and I should have a 34 win streak, but I don't, and I've lost about 900 BP randomly too. This is a very annoying bug and now I'm pissed that my win streak isn't there to intimidate niggas anymore =/

Just to throw it out there because the sound bug hasn't been bitched about enough; but god fucking damn the hovercraft stage with those propellers that drone on and fucking on while you're eating silent corner pressure is irritating as all hell.

Agreed on the input sloppiness as well, I'm certainly no stranger with the SF4 input system and its ridiculous accepted motions, but it seems like SFxT has made it super sloppy. I get such random shit as Hugo and it really screws up my OS 30% of the time.

This game is good and tons of fun, but its really got a big fucking tumor of lazy development growing out of its forehead that needs to be operated on right away.
    "A capacity for unlimited effort will hurdle the difficulties that frustrate lukewarm enthusiasts." - Loomis
  • jaiwhite205jaiwhite205 Skullgirls PC :D Joined: Posts: 1,125
    There's a bug that takes away your BP online. It kept taking mine away until i only had 0 bp left :(
    PSN: underK1ller
  • MaccMacc Go back to COD son Joined: Posts: 1,311
    Thank you Gurry & ChozoAce! I though myself and some of the the local guys here were going crazy when we said that there was an issue with wrong inputs coming out. I know I was having a huge issue with this playing Hugo where I was trying to do claps and 360s would come out. The weird thing is my friend said he went into training mode and tested this with the inputs on and sometimes it would show the right input, but the wrong move would come out. Not sure if it is buffering that extra diagonal and only displays the input sometimes or what not. Either way I will say this is huge deal breaker for me on this game and if not fixed I just won't bother wasting my time playing it.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest." ~Charles Barkley
  • DarthsebiousDarthsebious Joined: Posts: 33
    Hey guys, not sure if I may have found a issue or not. Basically it's this.

Now from my understanding of how cross ups work, this should have hit me and not have been blocked? I've had this multiple times tonight so I'm not sure whats going on? Oh and I haven't got any auto block gems as you'll see no meter is used when he jumps in.

Apologies for sounding morbid as hell but it's late... :-D
  • MACHSHOMACHSHO PS3: MACHSHO Joined: Posts: 156
    I used hugo's super art at like 2% health to bypass Akuma's fire hadoken and after the super art landed and the animation finished I landed ontop of the fireball that was put out before the super instantly killing me.
    SF2-3S-Ken~~POWERSTONE: Wangtang~~RIVAL SCHOOLS: Batsu
    SFA3-SSF4: Cody~~UMVC: Viewtiful Joe, Haggar, Amaterasu, Doom, P Wright~~SFxT: Poison, Hugo, Cody
  • DantarionDantarion Joined: Posts: 258
    Time stops during supers. To the point where if you land a super on two people, after the cinematic you can hit the person t hat wasn't in the cinematic, because they will still be in hitstun. I am assuming you experienced something similar where you landed a super, only to find that the fireball you were tryind to avoid didnt move at all during the super.
  • AndyGAndyG Joined: Posts: 448
    Hey guys, not sure if I may have found a issue or not. Basically it's this.

Now from my understanding of how cross ups work, this should have hit me and not have been blocked? I've had this multiple times tonight so I'm not sure whats going on? Oh and I haven't got any auto block gems as you'll see no meter is used when he jumps in.

Apologies for sounding morbid as hell but it's late... :-D

people don't always land on the side they hit you with the jump attack, it's a standard setup for shotos especially in the corner to do j.lk which can cross up but they still land in front of you. it can happen midscreen on rare occasions.
  • eJaYeJaY Joined: Posts: 235
    Besides the online sound missing does anyone have a problem w/ the intro movie not playing all the way through? Mine skips.
    Aquapazza - Konomi
    Injustice - Catwoman
    MVC2 - Felicia/Charlie/Silver Samurai
    UMVC3 - X-23/Frank West/Ryu
    USF4 - Poison

• THEQUEENOFLOVEHDTHEQUEENOFLOVEHD I expose frauds :) Joined: Posts: 1,006
    my BP resets to 0 after every ranked match win..
    How's about a nice hug? :3
    http://youtube.com/THEQUEENOFLOVEHD

"Women need food, water and compliments. And an occasional pair of shoes." - Chris Rock
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016
    "You have been disconnected from xbox live" pretty much all the time and only with this game. It kicks me from ranked and takes 100+ bp. Funny thing is, I'm never disconnected.
    I get this also.
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
  • ChozoAceChozoAce Joined: Posts: 55
    Thank you Gurry & ChozoAce! I though myself and some of the the local guys here were going crazy when we said that there was an issue with wrong inputs coming out. I know I was having a huge issue with this playing Hugo where I was trying to do claps and 360s would come out. The weird thing is my friend said he went into training mode and tested this with the inputs on and sometimes it would show the right input, but the wrong move would come out. Not sure if it is buffering that extra diagonal and only displays the input sometimes or what not. Either way I will say this is huge deal breaker for me on this game and if not fixed I just won't bother wasting my time playing it.
    Whats really frustrating me is how little its talked about on the forums because most people use arcade sticks and they don't even realize the bug, but for us controller players its a huge deal breaker. I wish there was a way to at least get capcom to acknowledge this
  • Kuroi AimaKuroi Aima Joined: Posts: 489
    Yeah that's the bug! Sometimes it makes the entire fucking screen go black and causes me to lose the round :(
    happened today while i was pair playing with a friend, we activated cross assault and screen went completely black except for cross gauge...
  • MaccMacc Go back to COD son Joined: Posts: 1,311
    Whats really frustrating me is how little its talked about on the forums because most people use arcade sticks and they don't even realize the bug, but for us controller players its a huge deal breaker. I wish there was a way to at least get capcom to acknowledge this

I completely agree. I wondered why no one in the front page review mentioned it. Thats why I came to this thread. However I use a stick and so do my other friends who said they were having the same problem.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest." ~Charles Barkley
  • DarachnidDarachnid Salty Member Joined: Posts: 565
    ^^ All of the above. Played for about 3hours and I don't feel like touching it again until at least service update two. Xbox online version feels like I'm playing it on a Intel Atom 0.8ghz netbook with onboard graphics. I feel like an AIDs ridden lab-rat. Thank fuck 'Game'@Dublin had a fight with Capcom and cancelled their pre-order 'Special needs' editions and I ended up only wasting €47 instead of €69.

It's a good game in concept, but for now the missing xbox online team mode, freezes, audio 'Bruce Leeisims' and random disconnects are complete arse. Input a combo, make a cup of tea and watch as the chains play out slowly over a matter of weeks, and it disconnects before the interesting stuff begins.*

A FG for the 'Matrix Movement' generation.

*Slightly exaggerated for effect. Still pissed off how 'unfinished' this whole project seems though. Hopefully my money, and everybody elses' will go towards paying the Capcom coding chimps a decent wage to finish this game off properly.
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166

Apparently, this is caused by a glitch in the autocombo system, or so I believe. Don't do this online unless you want to receive lots of ragemail.
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,928

Apparently, this is caused by a glitch in the autocombo system, or so I believe. Don't do this online unless you want to receive lots of ragemail.

How exactly do you do this?
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • eJaYeJaY Joined: Posts: 235

Reminds me of the gambit glitch in MVC2.
    Aquapazza - Konomi
    Injustice - Catwoman
    MVC2 - Felicia/Charlie/Silver Samurai
    UMVC3 - X-23/Frank West/Ryu
    USF4 - Poison

• HOOTHOOT hooot? Joined: Posts: 103
    This isn't that big of a deal, but am I the only one that thinks the super meter graphics look completely unfinished? I was amazed that Capcom decided to add some electricity stuff around it and keep the meter looking the way it does.

I mean, come on. Seriously? Can't really imagine how tight their deadline must have been to release the game with so much stuff going on.
    Local Battles Gaming Center
    1207 Anderson Avenue
    Fort Lee, NJ 07024
    Roll through, let's session!
  • TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    Actually, I could really do with an alternative view of the super meter. In SF I know exactly how much meter I have at all times but I have trouble seeing it on this sometimes.
    Bison 4 lyfe
  • THATNI666ALEXLUGERTHATNI666ALEXLUGER Joined: Posts: 124

everyone is talking about it yet no one has been able to reproduce it, talk about jumping the gun ha ha quick comboing in air does nothing, he just falls back down and finishes the combo
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166

I heard that you need to use Megaman's air projectile but kara cancel it with a custom combo.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,355
    Not a glitch or bug, but more of a exploit

We all know that boss Akuma is a pain in the butt on the hardest difficulty, right? Well if you have Law on your team, simply create space between you and Akuma and spam Dragon Charge into his flying kick. The AI is set to pretty much spam fireballs so you'll get a knockdown every time. Repeat this until he's defeated. Cheap, but at least you won't get stressed out.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • robotherorobothero psn id: robothero Joined: Posts: 37
    I've been having the same issue as some other people where, if I get dropped from a match, it'll take away 100 points. Capcom needs to fix this, or find some kind of balance, because it happens way too much. I like the fact that we're trying to discourage rage quitting, because even as we speak, there have been too many people that have rage quit against me, (while I'm about to finish them off with a Super Art, for example -- generally speaking, I think the differences between rage quits and connection drops are usually pretty obvious) however, I've had to work my way back up to 1000 points multiple times, and then when I'm almost there, I can lose about 400 points for no good reason. I can get a bunch of connection drops in a row, or sometimes my points will just randomly disappear, even when I don't seem to be getting disconnected. It'd be nice if they could patch it to more accurately decipher the difference between quitting and connection drops, and not penalize the players for something that is not their fault and is out of their control. I'm playing the PS3 version, and people with the Xbox 360 version are reporting this issue, too. Also, sometimes this makes my win streak indicator go away.

Another bug I've ran into once is where Vega tagged out, his mask got stuck on the ground after he left, and then giant black beams were protruding it, covering up most of the screen and making it impossible for me to see almost anything. My opponent seemed to have no trouble though, and kept jumping around me and crossing me up while it was next-to-impossible for me to know which direction to block. He had almost no health left with either characters, but he was able to take out my near-full health character and make a comeback. And that was when I had to say goodbye to my 11 win streak. :'(
  • THEQUEENOFLOVEHDTHEQUEENOFLOVEHD I expose frauds :) Joined: Posts: 1,006
    Another bug I've ran into once is where Vega tagged out, his mask got stuck on the ground after he left, and then giant black beams were protruding it, covering up most of the screen and making it impossible for me to see almost anything. My opponent seemed to have no trouble though, and kept jumping around me and crossing me up while it was next-to-impossible for me to know which direction to block. He had almost no health left with either characters, but he was able to take out my near-full health character and make a comeback. And that was when I had to say goodbye to my 11 win streak. :'(
    I'm sorry to say, but that is an issue with your own PS3. a GPU Issue, I believe. Tech Talk would have more detailed answers on that problem.
    Also, if you are losing points then the loss of connection is on your side, it wasn't a ragequit.
    How's about a nice hug? :3
    http://youtube.com/THEQUEENOFLOVEHD

"Women need food, water and compliments. And an occasional pair of shoes." - Chris Rock
    I'm sorry to say, but that is an issue with your own PS3. a GPU Issue, I believe. Tech Talk would have more detailed answers on that problem.
    Also, if you are losing points then the loss of connection is on your side, it wasn't a ragequit.

I guess you didn't read my entire post very carefully, or I'll have to be more specific. You can usually tell the difference between a connection drop and a rage quit. Like when someone leaves right before you are about to finish them off with a super art and you get a message that says something like, "Your opponent has left," versus the game just abruptly stopping while your opponent is doing a combo on you and you get a message that says something like, "The connection has been lost." Never at any point did I say I was losing points from the other person rage-quitting, though. Although there are times where I seem to also randomly lose points for no reason, even after I won and finished the match, and I'm not the only one, apparently,

Also, I strongly believe that the Vega thing was a bug and not my PS3's fault because his mask got stuck on the floor like when it gets knocked off from taking too many hits, except it stayed there after he got tagged out, and that doesn't seem like a graphical issue to me, just a programming bug.
  • BHSorenBHSoren Joined: Posts: 13
    My friend saved a replay from an online match he had where he somehow managed to grab a character as they were switching...but instead of GETTING grabbed, the character switched out like normal while the character that performed the grab kept going with the throw animation (throwing absolutely nothing), and it still dealt damage somehow and won him the fight. I have never heard of this one before. o_O I can post the replay if needed.

edit: lol just noticed the guy above me has a poison avatar too <3
  • THATNI666ALEXLUGERTHATNI666ALEXLUGER Joined: Posts: 124
    i've also had "your opponent has left the match" and lost 100BP from it.
    i've also had "your opponent has left the match" and lost 100BP from it.
    That sucks. I hope they can fix all of the points issues. I've even had it where I've won a couple of matches in a row and then notice that somehow I have less points than when I started. The online for this game is really messed up, to say the least.
  • TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    I've had the losing points thing and it's fucking annoying. I did like how del1rium put it:
    Keeping your BP after winning is a DLC feature that will be made available sometime after the PS Vita version launches this Fall.
    Bison 4 lyfe
  • O'Neil SHandO'Neil SHand Joined: Posts: 2
    Anyone have a problem with music during online mode. Depending on where I am on the stage the music will fade. For example, if I am in the middle of the stage the music will play sounds like its playing properly. However, if I go to the far right or far left of the stage, the music will fade out dramatically. This does not happen during offline play.

I've only heard of sound effect issues being discussed with online play. Has anyone else experienced this? I am going to stop playing online till they release patches for online play. I have better things to do.
  • tenikiteniki Joined: Posts: 176

Input Bug
  • metrokardmetrokard Joined: Posts: 1,299
    i really hope they fix that input bug...sometimes im trying to do green hand with gief and i get grab instead sometimes it gets me caught in a fee combo