SFxT Bugs and Glitches Thread

Comments

• ChozoAceChozoAce Joined: Posts: 55
    Sadly, Capcom havn't even mention doing anything about this. I would have never expected my video to be on eventhubs either, hopefully Capcom finally got to see it. Sad thing is 70 percent of the youtube comments consist of people agreeing with me and 30 percent are ignorant fucks saying "its probably your control...you should b using pad...its not the game its you". People fucking swear like I hav'nt been playing fighting games for the past 4 years...
  • psforever1983psforever1983 Joined: Posts: 2
    Here you can hear the sound glitch when finishing a match either online or offline on ps3:
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,512
    Weird glitch. I knocked off Vega's mask and black beams were shooting from it across the screen. It was very weird.
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • robotherorobothero psn id: robothero Joined: Posts: 37
    Weird glitch. I knocked off Vega's mask and black beams were shooting from it across the screen. It was very weird.
    Same thing happened to me, as I posted above, except it didn't even happen from knocking his mask off, he just tagged out, his mask was on the floor for some reason after he left, and the black beams were shooting it, covering most of the screen and making it impossible for me to fight back.
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,512
    Same thing happened to me, as I posted above, except it didn't even happen from knocking his mask off, he just tagged out, his mask was on the floor for some reason after he left, and the black beams were shooting it, covering most of the screen and making it impossible for me to fight back.
    Yeah. I actually ended up losing the match. I sent a message to him after saying gg, but that glitch was terrible. He responded saying "What glitch?"

I assume "they" can't see it, but the opposing player can. Kinda sucks
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • Spirited_AwaySpirited_Away Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just now the funniest bug happened, from what I saw Ryu and Rolento both did a throw. Ryu won and Rolento disappeared with some crazy camera animation suddenly Rolento was on the ground !

I'll try to reproduce it and upload it. LOL
  • Demetrius Leon Barnes Jr.Demetrius Leon Barnes Jr. Joined: Posts: 4
    every so often, it seems that the game has to take away ALL of my bp. sometimes after a match (win or lose), sometimes i just get disconnected from the playstation network. i'm getting really tired of this. i feel like i'm playing a beta.
  • Paulwraah!Paulwraah! Joined: Posts: 2
    Here's a really annoying one I haven't seen mentioned anywhere...

On PS3 playing 4 player versus (normal, not scramble):
    Switch cancels simply do not work for anyone but the primary controller!

Or maybe it works for 1&2 on the left but not for 3&4 on the right... My player 2 wasnt that into it but 3&4 were getting really pissed off.

It didn't seem to be related to the controller number; just whoever selected vs from main menu would work!

Anyone else able to reproduce this?
    No guesses about dodgy controllers / lack of talent if you don't mind... ;)
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,711
    Fireballs stuck on screen during cinimatic supers, lazy fucks
    Tell me about it, I super'd through a fireball with hugo then after the cutscene is over I get hit by it lol
  • TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    I'm finding a lot of battles against two players on PSN get cancelled before they happen. I send messages like "What happened there?" and just get confusion back so I assume nobody cancelled the battle.
    Bison 4 lyfe
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,093
    playing local 2v2 and Mad Gear Hideout stage had major slowdown.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
  • phoenixnlphoenixnl Joined: Posts: 643
    Here's a really annoying one I haven't seen mentioned anywhere...

On PS3 playing 4 player versus (normal, not scramble):
    Switch cancels simply do not work for anyone but the primary controller!

Or maybe it works for 1&2 on the left but not for 3&4 on the right... My player 2 wasnt that into it but 3&4 were getting really pissed off.

It didn't seem to be related to the controller number; just whoever selected vs from main menu would work!

Anyone else able to reproduce this?
    No guesses about dodgy controllers / lack of talent if you don't mind... ;)

When player 2v2, the player currently tagged out has to do the switch cancel, not the character on the screen.
  • Paulwraah!Paulwraah! Joined: Posts: 2
    When player 2v2, the player currently tagged out has to do the switch cancel, not the character on the screen.

What? LOL, that's awesome... Was that fact mentioned anywhere in the game?
  • GodotGodot Joined: Posts: 169
    I loaded the game up last night and all my data had been deleted...I went online though and my BP was still there...I guess the only thing I lost was my gem load-outs, completed trials, custom character designs, my player data (win/loss stuff etc.), and maybe my pre-order gems (idk I'm not sure)?
  • tl613tl613 Joined: Posts: 1,752
    I don't know if this is a bug but I was playing against a guy using Bob and Julia. He hard tags Bob in and I do Zangief's Super while Julia is running off screen, behind Bob. For some reason instead of grabbing Bob I grab Julia, and do the Super on her and see her health bar deplete while Bob is free to move around and do whatever.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    Ryu vs Ryu in training mode

Dummy does f.throw, step back, j.mk

It's timed and spaced so that a reversal DP will always whiff, and it's impossible to auto-correct because it's meaty (if you hold down on wakeup Ryu gets hit standing). If I mash the reversal, it always whiffs. But if I time it just right, the DP hits the dummy. That doesn't make sense.

Here's a ghetto recording I made:

Notice that even though I'm holding down and Ryu gets hit while he is standing, which implies to me that the j.mk is meaty unless this game has different wake-up mechanics to SFIV. I don't think so though, cos you can cancel that standing frame by doing a crouching attack and you'll get counter-hit in a crouching position, just like in SFIV. If I time the reversal just right, I hit the dummy. If I mash, or time it wrong, the reversal either whiffs or I get hit. In the last two instances in the vid, I use the block/DP negative edge OS. I input the DP but end holding forward and I release the button. If I time it correctly the reversal hits, if I mistime it I block the x-up.

So this is either a training mode glitch, or something to do with funky hitboxes, or DPs/reversals/wakeups are glitchy.

EDIT: Oh and I checked already. Holding down always results in getting hit in a standing animation. If at any part of the playback Ryu got hit crouching without pressing buttons, then it probably has to do with inconsistent wake timing, or the dummy getting slightly out of synch.
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,928
    New bug: Pick Poison one one team, Vega on the other. Do a hp sky high claw and right before Vega hits Poison, do Poison's backflip and watch what happens.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,740
    New bug: Pick Poison one one team, Vega on the other. Do a hp sky high claw and right before Vega hits Poison, do Poison's backflip and watch what happens.
    Is it the "stretching polygon making the whole screen black" bug?
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • RugalitarianRugalitarian B-tier for Beautiful Joined: Posts: 3,928
    Is it the "stretching polygon making the whole screen black" bug?

No. Vega will stay in his sky high claw animation until Poison's back flip ends and she'll get hit. I don't know if that's how it is supposed to work, but it looks really strange.
    all chun liz moevs go thru vegz
  • GanishkaGanishka Joined: Posts: 321
    I'm finding a lot of battles against two players on PSN get cancelled before they happen. I send messages like "What happened there?" and just get confusion back so I assume nobody cancelled the battle.

Yeah, I wanna pinpoint that too, apparently, when there are more then 2 people in an endless lobby, the spectating function doesn't work or\and the battle cancels or something like that. Haven't seen this problem mentioned a lot, so yeah, it's there and it needs to be fixed.
    When the air burns, only death breaths deep. (c)
  • mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,850
    This BP loss thing is getting on my nerves.
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • mayor_mike_haggarmayor_mike_haggar Joined: Posts: 64
    Here's a fun one. Was playing 2v2, against a king player. I went for a jumping kick, which the king player did that block-counter move thing to. However my partner must have been mashing tag, because he'd tag cancelled himself in when the jumping kick connected. So it ended up with my man running off the stage fine, and the guy who was tagged in getting caught in the animation of the counter.
  • mayor_mike_haggarmayor_mike_haggar Joined: Posts: 64
    Did a bit of testing, and the same is true with heihachi's counter. Dunno who else has them in this game, but would imagine the same holds true. Videos!

• SCORPYN702SCORPYN702 Joined: Posts: 19
    Not sure if this is a glitch/bug or a property of the Alpha Counters but why wasn't she knocked out?
    It happens at around 1:39

Don't Question Guy's Mixup's. They've Done Studies You Know. 60% Of The Time They Work Every Time.
  • rokninroknin Keeps Trying Joined: Posts: 4,925
    snip

Can't recall where I heard it (one of the streams a good while back) but last I heard, Alpha Counters can't cause a KO. I don't remember the source of that statement though. :(
    ~ aka "ninRok" ~
    SFV - Juri, Cammy | Sm4sh - FemCorrin |
    KOFXIV - Luong / Athena / MuiMui |
    youtube | soundcloud | tumblr
  • breniambreniam Joined: Posts: 23
    I was trying to find some pandora combos with xiao/heihachi; xiao's qcf+pp gives a wall bounce, so I was doing qcf+pp, activate pandora. But if I activated pandora too early (like, as the other character was hitting the wall, instead of right after they hit the wall) they would bounce all the way across the screen, way over heihachi's head as he came in in pandora mode. It looks stupid and has to be a glitch!
  • SCORPYN702SCORPYN702 Joined: Posts: 19
    Can't recall where I heard it (one of the streams a good while back) but last I heard, Alpha Counters can't cause a KO. I don't remember the source of that statement though.
    Thanks for the info
    I kind of like that, Guy run stop pressure approves.
    Don't Question Guy's Mixup's. They've Done Studies You Know. 60% Of The Time They Work Every Time.
  • KelgarKelgar Joined: Posts: 210
    I don't know if I can call this a glitch, but anyway, I've found out something pretty weird while trying stuff in training mode:

What happens is this:
    I recorded Marduk doing a meaty jab and then do a cl.MK
    c.lp in +6 and has 2 active frames, while cl.MK starts in 10.
    First time I hold UP while getting up and as you can see Chun looks like she's crouching and cl.MK links after c.LP.
    The second time I just don't block and the 2 hits don't combo.
    Later I also tried getting a counterhit and it still didn't combo.

So I think there may be some extra hitstun when you get hit in you pre-jump frames.
    I didn't have time to test it with other characters or other moves.
    In case this was already known I apologize, but I never heard of it before.
    -SF4 Chun Li user-
  • riku45riku45 Joined: Posts: 112
    I dont know what is going on but online matches are taking 5+ minutes to load :S
    Anyone else experiencing this? On XBOX LIVE btw :P I hope my xbox or game is not busted :(
  • BeganooBeganoo Joined: Posts: 200
    Ok i played the game for over 80 hrs and this has never happend to me but now it happend few times in a row.What happens is i go ranked match, we select our shit then it goes to the loading sreen and it never loads/takes 5 mins to load.This happens only in ranked btw.Endless is fine. I tried turning on/off the 360 and rooter.Also took the disk out and put it back in.Nothing helps.

I have the game installed.
    Also noticed the leaderboards are not updating atm for some reason.

Is it just me or the capcom servers are crashing or something ?
    Its indeed time to oil up !
  • QuantumGravityQuantumGravity Only mostly terrible at this. Joined: Posts: 158
    This has been happening to me as well - glad it's not my console!
  • DarkSephirothDarkSephiroth I am not human! Joined: Posts: 45
    I've been having the same issue as some other people where, if I get dropped from a match, it'll take away 100 points. Capcom needs to fix this, or find some kind of balance, because it happens way too much. I like the fact that we're trying to discourage rage quitting, because even as we speak, there have been too many people that have rage quit against me, (while I'm about to finish them off with a Super Art, for example -- generally speaking, I think the differences between rage quits and connection drops are usually pretty obvious) however, I've had to work my way back up to 1000 points multiple times, and then when I'm almost there, I can lose about 400 points for no good reason.

I agree 100%! Today I don't know if to blame microsoft for shitty live or sfxt for shitty online but every ranked I got into with my friend it took nearly 5 min to start after selecting charas and then couple of times it would disconnect me in middle of a match we have waited that 5 min! and of course lost couple hundred points at the same... :(
    !!! ALL FINNISH GAMERS NEAR TURKU CHECK THIS AND JOIN US: http://turpakellari.com/ !!!
    USF4 Oni (Poison, E.Ryu) KOF13 Kyo/Saiki/Kim GG Sol
    ||| XBL: DarkSephiroth07 PSN: DarkSephiroth07 |||
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HybridDarkSephiroth
  • riku45riku45 Joined: Posts: 112
    This has been happening to me as well - glad it's not my console!

amen brother :P
  • GubbinGubbin Joined: Posts: 4
    I found a weird input bug. I think it could be in there because of the way that the charge specials work? Idunno. Probably wont cause issues, might open up something weird with somebody that I haven't thought of.

This shows how if you are holding down a button, input the directions on the stick, and then let go of the button when you would have normally pushed it, the move still comes out. This makes Juri able to do the beginning part of her fireball, even when she has one stored. It works with everything else I've tried, the only other problem I can think of is zonk knuckle when Cody finally comes out. A practical application could be doing it on super charge up moves to skip any frames of charging? I'm not sure, I don't have tools to analyze the frame data.
  • RekkasRekkas Joined: Posts: 171

Same thing happened to me, I thought my tv was breaking down. lol
  • AnneIFrankAnneIFrank Joined: Posts: 428
    I don't know how to recreate the VS screen freezing, but it happens often and sucks pretty hard.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    This shows how if you are holding down a button, input the directions on the stick, and then let go of the button when you would have normally pushed it, the move still comes out.
    Not a bug. It's called a negative edge input, and it's been part of the series since SF1.

http://sonichurricane.com/articles/sfterms.html#technegativeedge
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Input Bug

I noticed the angled jump bug for charge characters. You're effectively being punished because your inputs are too precise.

Thank you Capcom for designing games for the mentally retarded.
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • PinkPwnageFrenzyPinkPwnageFrenzy ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Joined: Posts: 186
    Seen a bunch of King players talk about it, wondering if anyone else has encountered it with other characters. QCB+P (Rolling Arm Slam Combo) can be executed by pressing downback twice. Cool, right? Nope. 17 frame startup, -11 on block, leaves you right in the opponent's face. Sure, downforward/downback twice is a shortcut for dp motions, why for this quarter circle? I accidentally get it when I'm dancing around playing the footsie game or when I'm trying to block crossups.

If ya ain't gonna fix it Capcom, at least give me the dang no shortcuts gem (current projected release date "a few short weeks after the tournament patch"). Hell, can I just get a mode with no shortcuts, no gems?
    GT: FrenzyTEC