SFxT Bugs and Glitches Thread

Comments

• flyingcloud11flyingcloud11 Rock'in the best Joined: Posts: 305
    I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but when you raw launch and it gets blocked. The camera will shift very close to the characters.
    MrWhiteProductions.png
  • MenenMenen Kunimitsu! Joined: Posts: 197
    Oh this alisa glitch also happens when law parries you but while your stuck in the air his entire follow up misses lol
  • M.D.M.D. digs older chicks Joined: Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭
    I was playing with Cole/Megaman against a Guile/Zangief team. Dude did a Tag cancel on me into a juggle Flash Kick combo to take my remaining health. When he hit with the flashkick, I got life back. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to avoid chip KO.
    "I'm deeeeeaaaadd!" - Williams
    UMVC3: Shehulk/Haggar/Thor
    SSF4: Seth, Gen, Zangief
    KOFXIII: Kim Team, Ikari Warriors, Hwa/98 Kyo/Raiden
  • KaranovKaranov The Eternal Noob Joined: Posts: 11
    I went through the thread and didn't find any mention of it, my apologies if this has been mentioned before. But it seems that Guy's standing LP consistently whiffs when attacking a crouching Hugo. You can just stand there jabbing away and it goes through Hugo's head as if it's made of thin air. Which might be an apt description of Hugo's intelligence, but rather annoying game-play wise.

Just for the record, I'm playing on the X-Box, and have the game updated to the latest version.
    Horrible at fighting games since 1992
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 SRK Water Gym Leader (Open) Joined: Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went through the thread and didn't find any mention of it, my apologies if this has been mentioned before. But it seems that Guy's standing LP consistently whiffs when attacking a crouching Hugo. You can just stand there jabbing away and it goes through Hugo's head as if it's made of thin air. Which might be an apt description of Hugo's intelligence, but rather annoying game-play wise.

Just for the record, I'm playing on the X-Box, and have the game updated to the latest version.

Well, I think I can explain this. I believe that certain moves in this game actually have a separate property that prevents them from hitting crouchers no matter what the size of the hitbox. I think this because Hugo definitely has a hurtbox around his head (do a jumping attack on him while he is crouching to see for yourself), but tatsus from Ryu and Ken still whiff on him even though it looks like they should be hitting him.

So I believe that they made moves like Guy's standing LP or tatsus whiff on crouchers no matter the size of the opponent's hurtbox for consistency purposes.
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi, Christie/Cammy, Elena/Ken/Asuka, Guile/Bob
    SF X TK 360/PS3/PC lobbies held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
  • HertogHertog Joined: Posts: 242
    Blanka's lightening doens;t always appear. Don't know if it's just a graphical glitch
    SSF4:AE Blanka,Guile, T.Hawk and Hakan

SFxT: Blanka, Jack-X, King, Rolento, Guile and Megaman/Kuma for the trololololol
  • KaranovKaranov The Eternal Noob Joined: Posts: 11
    <snip>
    So I believe that they made moves like Guy's standing LP or tatsus whiff on crouchers no matter the size of the opponent's hurtbox for consistency purposes.
    That makes sense... thanks. Of course, I'm a big supporter of applying the WYSIWYG principle to fighting games. As such I'm going to have to dock SFxT a few decimal points of its final grade because of this design decision. But at least I can understand the reasoning behind it.
    Horrible at fighting games since 1992
  • MohanMohan Joined: Posts: 1
    Has anyone else been getting BP glitches? I play a match and if the guy DC's then I lose about 100BP. Sometimes I even lose like 300BP. Because of this glitch I went from 1000BP to 200BP, and its coming to the point where I don't wanna play anymore because it pisses me off. I've never disconnected a match in my life so I know its not me.
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 200 ✭✭
    It's happened to me at ssf4,hopefully only during one week.
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭
    That makes sense... thanks. Of course, I'm a big supporter of applying the WYSIWYG principle to fighting games. As such I'm going to have to dock SFxT a few decimal points of its final grade because of this design decision. But at least I can understand the reasoning behind it.

Wow, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The story of Capcom's life.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
  • KroganwrexKroganwrex Joined: Posts: 27
    Has anyone encountered a bug, when using the official xbox controller, specifically the analog sticks, where diagonal inputs are still not recognised consistently. I'm aware of the patch which alleviated the diagonal bug somewhat - the one where neutral jump out-prioritised the diagonal jump, but my problem now is with crouching blocks. When going to a down back position, the game either registers only BACK or only DOWN, neither of which is sufficient to block low.

For me, this is the only thing keeping me from properly enjoying the game now. I play online quite a bit and receive frequent messages along the lines of "you're pretty good, but why don't you block low?". I've played sf for years on an xbox controller and I have never run into something like this on any other fighting game either so I know it isn't just me.

My friend is quite familiar with the sf4 engine but he doesnt play "seriously". The first time I got him to try out sfxt, he was screaming at me, swearing that he was blocking low and nothing was happening, so we went into training mode and I told him to block low, just as he would on sf and it would successfully block 3/4 times. That's an absolute joke. 75% success rate on low blocks, that's reassuring...

Does anyone know of any fixes or any plans to fix this?
  • MuayGioMuayGio aka Wulfsten Joined: Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone encountered a bug, when using the official xbox controller, specifically the analog sticks, where diagonal inputs are still not recognised consistently. I'm aware of the patch which alleviated the diagonal bug somewhat - the one where neutral jump out-prioritised the diagonal jump, but my problem now is with crouching blocks. When going to a down back position, the game either registers only BACK or only DOWN, neither of which is sufficient to block low.

For me, this is the only thing keeping me from properly enjoying the game now. I play online quite a bit and receive frequent messages along the lines of "you're pretty good, but why don't you block low?". I've played sf for years on an xbox controller and I have never run into something like this on any other fighting game either so I know it isn't just me.

My friend is quite familiar with the sf4 engine but he doesnt play "seriously". The first time I got him to try out sfxt, he was screaming at me, swearing that he was blocking low and nothing was happening, so we went into training mode and I told him to block low, just as he would on sf and it would successfully block 3/4 times. That's an absolute joke. 75% success rate on low blocks, that's reassuring...

Does anyone know of any fixes or any plans to fix this?
    This is very odd to me... though I'm a stick player, I have tried playing SFxT using the xbox controller, and although I noticed that the inputs were a bit iffy (this was pre-patch), I always found that, if I slowed things down and was careful with my inputs, it wouldn't register incorrect inputs. It was as if the leniency was off, is all. What you seem to be saying is that even when you are 100% sure you're pressing down-back on the stick, the input display on the screen will still read down or back, but not both.

My first instinct is to say that in the heat of the moment, you're not inputting the down-back direction "properly" (I know you say it worked in SF4, and I believe you, but let's assume here that SFxT's directional inputs work differently when xbox controllers are used). My second instinct is to blame your controller. Have you tried another controller?
    Hey! You haven't felt the true beat of my groove yet! Here!
    SFxT : Blanka x Elena
    AE : Dee Jay
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 SRK Water Gym Leader (Open) Joined: Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found an interesting bug with Akuma. If you do his taunt, and your opponent rolls through you (say after you knock down the opponent after a DP), Akuma will turn around and cancel the taunt, but the particle effects from the taunt won't disappear. They'll stay there until you perform any action (walking, attacking, ducking, jumping, etc).

Here is a quick video demonstrating the bug:

Nothing game-breaking, just something small that was probably overlooked. It'd be cool if the particle effect bug was permanent though. :)

This is on the PC version, which is still only on version 1.02, so I don't know if this has already been secretly patched out or not.
    XBL/GFWL/PSN/Steam: LordWilliam1234
    SF X TK: Cody/Heihachi, Christie/Cammy, Elena/Ken/Asuka, Guile/Bob
    SF X TK 360/PS3/PC lobbies held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    Has anybody had problems doing combos that normally work on the whole cast but don't work on some of the big characters like Kuma?

Ibuki can't do at point blank: cr lp x cr lp x st mk on Kuma if he is standing, but it works on everyone else. Kuma's hurtbox in particular seems to evade many combos from alot of characters when it would normally hit on most of the other characters. Though I have had this problem with all the big characters.

I know this issue hasn't been addressed in this thread, but is Capcom aware of this and are they planning on fixing it?
  • EmpryreanEmpryrean ╯°□°)╯︵ (波動拳) Joined: Posts: 440
    snip
    I have had that problem too actually, but ONLY against Kuma. When I use Nina's Geyser, Kuma magically flies too far away to hit and I drop the combo. Made me quite frustrated, but I realize I use that combo a lot, so it reminded me to mix it up a bit.
    PSN:Empryrean
    XBL:Empyraeon
    RIP Psn :(
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    I created this video a while ago of Ibuki's main problems which include a few glitches. I might as well post it here since this is the glitches thread. I really hope that Capcom is aware of these glitches. They need to be fixed in the new patch!

• SolidRoseSolidRose Joined: Posts: 804 ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen anyone note this before here so I'll say it here:

When using the Immense Power Level 2 Gem whose activation conditions are to 'Use a Super Art', if you do Akuma's Raging Demon, the Immense Power Level 2 Gem will not activate, despite the Raging Demon being classified as well...a Super Art. It will only activate should you use his Misogi instead.

I think that it really limits the usefulness of the gem on him in my opinion and I hope that Capcom address this issue in the new patch.

EDIT: Recently made a video highlighting this problem.

Was playing a match with Marduk. Opponent had a little more than a pixel left. Did a command grab to win the match, and he took no damage. the lifebar did nothing.
  • GemakaiGemakai HadouKen what Others HadouKan't Joined: Posts: 826 ✭✭
    Nothing seriously, but I wanted to check if this was a glitch. In training, I set the dummy to no block, have Law combo into his spin kicks, then tag in Julia for a Cross up Reset using j.MK. For some reason, the dummy blocks this. Is this what should happen? Is there some autoblock feature (ignoring gems) that I'm unaware of?
    BBCS:EX: Hakumen, Noel, Bang, Hazama | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Yun, Sakura | UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Strider
    SFxT: Elena, Paul, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Law, Julia, Bryan | P4A: Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Shadow Labrys
  • EmpryreanEmpryrean ╯°□°)╯︵ (波動拳) Joined: Posts: 440
    Nothing seriously, but I wanted to check if this was a glitch. In training, I set the dummy to no block, have Law combo into his spin kicks, then tag in Julia for a Cross up Reset using j.MK. For some reason, the dummy blocks this. Is this what should happen? Is there some autoblock feature (ignoring gems) that I'm unaware of?
    Is it Kazuya? I notice he likes to block for no reason before :|
    PSN:Empryrean
    XBL:Empyraeon
    RIP Psn :(
    Is it Kazuya? I notice he likes to block for no reason before :|
    This was Ryu
    BBCS:EX: Hakumen, Noel, Bang, Hazama | USF4: Vega, Makoto, Elena, Yun, Sakura | UMvC3: Felicia/Doom/Strider
    SFxT: Elena, Paul, Dudley, Vega, Asuka, Law, Julia, Bryan | P4A: Naoto, Aigis, Kanji, Shadow Labrys
  • CrimsonChildCrimsonChild Son of Odin Joined: Posts: 91

When both your characters are on the screen, the opponent autoblocks everything if your characters are on both sides of the opponent. I think it's to prevent unblockables. It happens with cross assault too if the opponent is sandwiched between two characters.
    European player
    SFxT: Zangief/Nina, Juri/Hugo, Law, Julia, Asuka
    PSN: CrimChild, ChriimaeraTV | XBL: CrimChild | GFWL (PC): CrimsonChild13
    www.youtube.com/crimchild | www.twitch.tv/crimsonchild
    When both your characters are on the screen, the opponent autoblocks everything if your characters are on both sides of the opponent. I think it's to prevent unblockables. It happens with cross assault too if the opponent is sandwiched between two characters.
    I see - makes sense I suppose, so I'd have to delay the cross up so that it isn't auto blocked?
  • CrimsonChildCrimsonChild Son of Odin Joined: Posts: 91
    I see - makes sense I suppose, so I'd have to delay the cross up so that it isn't auto blocked?

Yeah, that or go for an empty cross up low if that gives your partner enough time to run out.
    European player
    SFxT: Zangief/Nina, Juri/Hugo, Law, Julia, Asuka
    PSN: CrimChild, ChriimaeraTV | XBL: CrimChild | GFWL (PC): CrimsonChild13
    www.youtube.com/crimchild | www.twitch.tv/crimsonchild
  • EienhikaruEienhikaru Joined: Posts: 5
    Confusing but not game-breaking, Asuka's Alternate costume has a color mixup for her "parts 4" on the selection screen: http://imgur.com/fwcgJ
    The normal color palletes display incorrectly on the selection screen, other colors show up correctly though.
  • Shinra358Shinra358 Joined: Posts: 59
    -Why do the last bosses need to use the launcher in single player mode?

-In some scenes, only the female news reporter's mouth moves when she talks. In other scenes, nobody's mouth moves.

-Why don't opponents on single player use different costumes or colors (put together by you).
  • TogaForComfortTogaForComfort Joined: Posts: 1
    Just picked this up in the steam sale. I think I have a sound bug that is not related to the known online issue on PC.
    When the game launches it has sound up until I press start on the titel screen, all sound cuts out. If I alt-tab out even system sounds do not work. When the game is quit system sounds will come back.
    Anyone seen anything like this?
  • flyingcloud11flyingcloud11 Rock'in the best Joined: Posts: 305
    -Why do the last bosses need to use the launcher in single player mode?

-In some scenes, only the female news reporter's mouth moves when she talks. In other scenes, nobody's mouth moves.

-Why don't opponents on single player use different costumes or colors (put together by you).
    It does around 100some damage

this is a problem that I haven't caught but I seen it on youtube

I believe this has to do with how the game is coded. And with people changing their colors it would be hard to code it so the AI uses custom.
    MrWhiteProductions.png
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 23
    There is a typo error on Cross Assault, listed as Cross Assualt, just take a screencap on Vita:
    sfxt_training_list_glitch__cross_assualt_by_larsmasters-d5qydum.jpg
    Hope it's ok to send the list that i find & hearing from:[YouTube,Video Game(PSP, PS3, PS2),Anime]:
    http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/art/MvC3-Marvel-JPN-VA-List-189658067
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a typo error on Cross Assault, listed as Cross Assualt, just take a screencap on Vita:
    Looks fine to Capcpom.

Also here is a glitch I bet they didn't fix in SFxT2013:

Cody's s.LP with knife, if you get the chain canceled version (E.G. a rapid cancel light attack.) the damage is messed up. The chained version of his s.LP (with knife) is 30 instead of 40. This only applies to his s.LP though, doing chain canceled c.LP with knife the damage stays at 40 (minus of course damage scaling)

It's annoying because you CAN simply link the s.LP with knife into s.LP with knife and get the full damage, but if you are slightly off on your timing you'll get the chain version for less damage. Plus it sucks for using his knife for chip damage because instead of 10 chip damage it becomes 8chip per hit.
  • NerfherderNerfherder Joined: Posts: 341
    Here's a weird glitch in the Vita version of the game. In the Sagat trial where you have to do his super art the triple kick on the touch screen won't let the super come out. Just the EX. Weird. It even registers as three kicks, still no super art. Even though I have a full ex bar. I had to charge the move to pass the trial.

In the vita version there is also a lot of slowdown after 'fight' disappears from the screen.
  • LarsMastersLarsMasters Joined: Posts: 23
    Looks like Vita version need some view of fixes
    Hope it's ok to send the list that i find & hearing from:[YouTube,Video Game(PSP, PS3, PS2),Anime]:
    http://larsmasters.deviantart.com/art/MvC3-Marvel-JPN-VA-List-189658067
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    Ok so 2013 training mode is bugged.

In Vanilla you could record something then play it back and test your setups on different characters. Now if you go to character select and choose different characters, your record is lost! They need to fix this.
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
  • kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,035
    Umm in training if the CPU has infinite meter and uses a cross something....Shit idk what it's called. The thing were both team mates are out fighting at the same time.... Anyways if they use that the timer on it won't run out and both the CPU characters will stay out at the same time.
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • Cody&Guy18Cody&amp;Guy18 Joined: Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭

Umm in training if the CPU has infinite meter and uses a cross something....Shit idk what it's called. The thing were both team mates are out fighting at the same time.... Anyways if they use that the timer on it won't run out and both the CPU characters will stay out at the same time.

That's not really a bug. You're talking about Cross Assault: that mechanic uses the meter as timer. Once your 3 bars of meter are gone, one character will go in the back. But in training mode, Cross Assault can't "end" because the meter gain was set on infinite. Change the meter gain to normal once CA is activated, the meter will drain as normal so CA works properly.

SFxT: Law - Cody (Jack, Hugo) / USF4: Hugo - Cody / SFIII3S: Urien - Alex - Hugo
  • kataridragonkataridragon My DP is 8+triangle Joined: Posts: 1,035
    That would be true except it doesn't work that way for the player when the players gauge is set to infinite. So while your post is true it doesn't explain the descrepency between the players infinite meter and the CPU/dummy meter in training.
    Foot Dive! Raise the Rufus! You mean nothing to me! What am I fighting for! Clack,Clack, Clackety Clack! Your too slow! My lady! No match for me! Instant Shining Wizard!
  • evilleeevillee Ruuku Joined: Posts: 244
    Is it just me or the v2013 character specific changes don't work in trial mode? I was using Paul and his Mountain Raze was sending the opponent to far on hit.
    "Sonde mon esprit tu perdra le tien. Ne reveille pas le dragon, la bete est plus affamee qu'une meute de chiens"-- IAM
    Luc Edson G. Edouard (aka Ruuku1012)
    Independent Event Coordinator
  • WantonxWantonx Mooseknuckle Sammich Joined: Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    evillee said:

Is it just me or the v2013 character specific changes don't work in trial mode? I was using Paul and his Mountain Raze was sending the opponent to far on hit.

I wondered if something like this would happen. I haven't tried any myself but I thought they might have to rework some of the trials.

Having seen Cool Runnings a bunch of years ago, I consider myself a certified bobsledding expert
    XBL : Racetract
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Used Member Joined: Posts: 728 ✭✭✭
    Trials revert to 2012 when you go into them like AE did with SSF4 they just don't tell you.
    Guy has no Bushin Chain jump cancel in trials mode.....

Anybody else notice that Paul's Rocket Punch thingy has a weird launcher like zoom in on counterhit?
    GT: AlphaZero
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    AlphaZero wrote: »
    Anybody else notice that Paul's Rocket Punch thingy has a weird launcher like zoom in on counterhit?
    Saw it once, on a stream where PR Rog was using Paul. It's not a glitch, though - it's in the change notes.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/170432/sfxt-v2013-paul-changes#latest
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
  • pepopulopepopulo Eternal's groupi Joined: Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Links wrote: »
    AlphaZero wrote: »
    Saw it once, on a stream where PR Rog was using Paul. It's not a glitch, though - it's in the change notes.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/170432/sfxt-v2013-paul-changes#latest
    I think it's because in tekken,this move have also a zoom,but i don't know

Nueva tecnología!!!
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 579
    That move has been zooming in in tekken since like 1997 lol I'm glad they added that classic
    gt: Jailhouse
    skullgirlsssss: parasoul/double
    marvel 3 is horrid
  • ecoeco Joined: Posts: 43
    People, right after reading this, you should go to www.eventhubs.com and see the video about 0 frame links... and... i am not joking!!! 0 FRAME LINKS! And after that it may be a good idea to look at your characters frame data (theres a link to sfxt 2013 frame data in the 0 frame link article too) with "new" eyes, taking into consideration this glitch.
  • LinksLinks No copyright law in the universe is gonna stop me! Joined: Posts: 956 ✭✭✭
    eco said:
    People, right after reading this, you should go to www.eventhubs.com and see the video about 0 frame links... and... i am not joking!!! 0 FRAME LINKS! And after that it may be a good idea to look at your characters frame data (theres a link to sfxt 2013 frame data in the 0 frame link article too) with "new" eyes, taking into consideration this glitch.
    It's been discovered that not all normals have this property. Check out this thread for the dets. http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/175669/street-fighter-x-tekken-v2013-framedata-incl-dlc-chars-framedata-discussion#latest
    Steam Profile: GottaGoFaaaaast
    Mains: Ultra SF4 - Cody, Evil Ryu, Dudley, Poison SFXT - Poison, Ogre, Elena, Dudley, Cody, Kazuya, Bryan, Ken, Asuka UMVC3 - Firebrand, Frank West, Super-Skrull and Wolverine, Taskmaster, Akuma
    SSBB - King Dedede, Zero Suit Samus, Luigi, DS3 - Talbain, Morrigan
    Still having incidents where the opponent doesn't lose health when hit.
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭
    M.D. said:
    Check his gem setup.  He might be using Fortitude gems.
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭
    M.D. said:
    Check his gem setup.  He might be using Fortitude gems.
    Or you use cross counter, which can't kill.
    我道
  • SongiSongi Raw launcher warrior! Joined: Posts: 1,334
    Xiaoyu's Cyclone Left doesn't float on counterhit. Not sure if this was intended or not but I find it kind of silly how a move that is supposed to have standing crush properties goes punished when it does indeed crush a standing attack.
    SFxT: Christie/Xiaoyu subs: Lili or Asuka
    TTT2: Xiaoyu / Lili , Jun / Asuka Learning: Anna
    PSN: Songi_Legaia
    http://rawtag.blogspot.com/
  • Shooting Star RockmanShooting Star Rockman Jaded Joined: Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭
    Is it natural that ranked matches that were done via the Briefing Room don't get recorded in the New Replays list? I played against paired players who I know used the Briefing Room and our match didn't show up in the New Replays list. I had a 1vs1 match after that and that one showed up.
  • Cereal and MilkCereal and Milk Best Breakfast Combo! Joined: Posts: 48
    Wtf, idk if I am the only one, but sometimes, after each online match, It says that I am disconnected from xbox live. I am still connected to xbox live and I can still say my friends list therefore I am not disconnected. Anyone else have this problem?