SFxT Bugs and Glitches Thread

Dan's StudentDan's Student SuperTurboRyanJoined: Posts: 1,029
MOD EDIT - Decided to create one of these instead of having multiple threads about the same problem.

Post any glitches you find here. Any info you can get about them is appreciated.

So I nabbed a copy early today, and I wanted to know something from other PS3 users that have it already: Have you noticed the game "freeze" for half second or so during gameplay? Currently it happened twice in training mode. I thought it might just be me, but then my brother said, "Did the game just skip?" Ugh. Three years ago during the SFIV launch, this happened to me, and someone suggested it was the same issue that plagued GTAIV and LBP for PS3---while signed in on the PSN, the game experiences a little skip once in a while due to PSN screwing something up.

I know this is really gonna bug the shit out of me, and it's gonna be even harder to find others who might have possibly experienced this as well since they would need the game early too...but if anyone has it, and has experienced it, (PS3 or 360) please let me know so I know I'm not crazy and I can start figuring out what to do next (Switch versions for example, lol).
PSN: Th3_Greench_SRK (Skullgirls, SFxT, SSF2THDR, MK9, SCV, KOFXIII, T6)

XBL: Th3 Greench (SSF2THDR, SSFIVAE:V2012, UMVC3, MVC2)

Comments

• GenistarGenistar BLARG! Joined: Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭
    Did you install the game?
    USF4: Poison/Rose/Decapre
    Persona 4: Chie,Naoto
    VF5FS: Sarah
  • Dan's StudentDan's Student SuperTurboRyan Joined: Posts: 1,029
    Did you install the game?

I did, yes.

Okay...this shit is FOR SURE happening, and I am not crazy. Just happened again, and the length of the "freeze" was so apparent, my heart skipped a beat :( Why Sony/Capcom, why...

EDIT: I am going to attempt to uninstall/reinstall the game data, then try again. Someone even suggested I play without it installed. I'm starting to think extra characters aren't worth this headache.

• SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,241
    There's a bug with some of the audio not syncing up online. Basically if you play with all sfx on, sometimes moves will go silent while music is still playing and then it doesn't sometimes.

Hope this is patched on release week.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • MrSoadaMrSoada Joined: Posts: 427
  • kupo1121kupo1121 Joined: Posts: 226
    The only 2 times it had ever happened to me are seconds after I close the home menu if I bring it up mid game. However, that has happened on other games as well. Is that when it happens for you?
  • z2AkumAz2AkumA Joined: Posts: 52
    Is anyone else experiencing major sound bugs in the multiplayer?
    -From Chaos Comes Clarity
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    Numerous people have reported it, so no your not the only one.
  • therooktherook I Challenge My Fate! Joined: Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭
    you think its a pre-release problem? this isn't unheard of...considering a few games had problems online before streetdate.
    SFIV: Guy, Cody, E.Ryu, Poison.
    Gundam Extreme: Wing Zero(TV)
    Tekken: Lili, Asuka, A.King, Julia/Jaycee, Kunimitsu.
    SC: Taki/Natsu
    VF5FS: Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi.
    The only 2 times it had ever happened to me are seconds after I close the home menu if I bring it up mid game. However, that has happened on other games as well. Is that when it happens for you?

I actually considered this as well, as the first time it happened I had recently closed the home menu. However the last couple times it happened, I was not using the home menu =(

None of what others have suggested have been what happened to me during the freeze (Trophy acquisition for example). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game data, hoping this will fix it. I dunno. I don't mean to sound so overly dramatic about this, but every other game in the world can have bugs and glitches in it and it won't phase me a bit. But when it comes to my beloved fighting games, I'll switch consoles on the drop of a hat if I have to.

The only thing that gets me is that, like stated in my original post, this all happened to me during SFIV's launch...how come then I never heard anything about SFIV PS3 version and complaints? I know I wasn't the only one that experienced it as I've had others share their similar stories. I admit I want to play the extra characters for fun on the PS3 version, but it can't compete for a 100% bug free match if that is my only option.

I actually considered this as well, as the first time it happened I had recently closed the home menu. However the last couple times it happened, I was not using the home menu =(

None of what others have suggested have been what happened to me during the freeze (Trophy acquisition for example). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game data, hoping this will fix it. I dunno. I don't mean to sound so overly dramatic about this, but every other game in the world can have bugs and glitches in it and it won't phase me a bit. But when it comes to my beloved fighting games, I'll switch consoles on the drop of a hat if I have to.

The only thing that gets me is that, like stated in my original post, this all happened to me during SFIV's launch...how come then I never heard anything about SFIV PS3 version and complaints? I know I wasn't the only one that experienced it as I've had others share their similar stories. I admit I want to play the extra characters for fun on the PS3 version, but it can't compete for a 100% bug free match if that is my only option.

Honestly, I can't help but feel like that problem might be contained to some games or PS3's, because I have never experienced that glitch in SF4 in all the years I've played it, and with SFxT, I did not experience that freeze at all today (coincidentally, I didn't open the home menu while playing either).
  • otoriotori Keep calm and huehuehue Joined: Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I can't help but feel like that problem might be contained to some games or PS3's, because I have never experienced that glitch in SF4 in all the years I've played it, and with SFxT, I did not experience that freeze at all today (coincidentally, I didn't open the home menu while playing either).

If it means anything, so far I've only experienced it in the training mode, but I didn't want to excuse it for an exclusive bug in training mode as I have spent probably 90% of my time there and the data would be skewed to suggest such a thing. If you can though, do pay attention while you're in training mode (Really, it's not too hard to notice when it happens, especially for better players that are here and notice little nuances) and maybe even open the home menu once or so. I hate to say to "really look" for a bug but I guess knowing if it's a correlation to the home menu would help.

I just hope this can get fixed, and while I don't wish harm on others, I do hope more come with their own experience so we can [get Capcom to] squash this bug asap. Unless it's a Sony side issue... =(

• SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,241
    Is anybody getting frame drops on PS3?
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • ChunstoppableChunstoppable Can't CLSW loop Joined: Posts: 978
    I got my copy (PS3) this morning and the only problem I got was the audio issue mentioned before. My copy hasn't skipped or froze thankfully.
    PSN: Psycho_Six | XBL: Accel XIII
    Street Fighter: Ryu/Chun-Li (90% of the time. :/)
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Venom/HOS -- I really wish there was a playable T-Rex though. >_>
    Tekken Tag 2: Asuka x Jaycee/Kunimitsu
  • VicioushellsingVicioushellsing Joined: Posts: 422
    its intentional, and you don't need to spend meter, just do the none EX version and charge to the ex part then dash.
    Heres hoping for psylocke DLC. *crosses fingers*
    If anyone with an early copy of the 360 version experiences this, please please post it up here. I'm sure if it happens it will obviously become more apparent on official release. I just want to know for sure though because I'm literally ready to pick up a 360 version along with my PS3 version on Tuesday if this is an exclusive problem.

And I finally saw it happen today outside of training mode---was playing Scramble battle with 3 of my friends, and it happened during the match.

• InokiInoki My Rival is Lag Joined: Posts: 94
    I haven't noticed any skipping with the 360 version after a day and a half of playing in Arcade, Scramble Versus (only vs PC), and Trial/Challenge mode.
    XBL: Inoki Shinka
    PSN: InokiShinka
    Steam: A T-Rex Flying a Jet
    "Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee
  • ChozoAceChozoAce Joined: Posts: 53
    has anyone noticed any input problems? Sometimes when I hold down right, the inputs would spaz out saying that I am actually inputting down and down right rapidly. Also jumping at an angle is a huge hassle now. I've tried this with multiple xbox 360 controllers and the problem still consistently happens
    Does anyone else have a problem online where they keep getting disconnected the second the match starts. The game just freezes and then it says "The game has been cancelled" everytime I try to play a match in Endless...IDK if that is a bug or glitch, but I thought I'd ask here.
  • InokiInoki My Rival is Lag Joined: Posts: 94
    has anyone noticed any input problems? Sometimes when I hold down right, the inputs would spaz out saying that I am actually inputting down and down right rapidly. Also jumping at an angle is a huge hassle now. I've tried this with multiple xbox 360 controllers and the problem still consistently happens

I see this occasionally in training mode using my arcade stick; It doesn't rapidly change between the two, but a down-right movement for me occasionally does give me down followed by down-right.
    XBL: Inoki Shinka
    PSN: InokiShinka
    Steam: A T-Rex Flying a Jet
    "Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee
  • UnrealUnreal Joined: Posts: 69
    Multiplayer sound glitch...I doubt they'll fix this any time soon.
    Also the game skipping is going to be happening a lot due to the new online mechanic they implemented. I guess they're going to use the same mechanics as HD Remix where there is no input lag but frame lag. Just don't play with anyone below the max network latency...That's what I did in SF4 and never had "online" issues since I ONLY played with people that had green bars.
  • UnrealUnreal Joined: Posts: 69
    Also when you play footsies (Move left and right) the character actually teleports a little left and right so you have no idea whether they are close to you or away from you...lol
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 23,908 mod
    Also the game skipping is going to be happening a lot due to the new online mechanic they implemented. I guess they're going to use the same mechanics as HD Remix where there is no input lag but frame lag.
    If that's really the case, then that's not a glitch. That's a feature we've been asking for since before SFIV.
    Follow me on Twitter @D3Vlicious

"Because I Really like to get my weather reports from SRK's D3v""
    -KR|PromilKid

• lemonlustlemonlust The Lili Representative Joined: Posts: 234
    Jin has an overhead axe kick which basically leave's people floating in the air for a long time
    I make dubstep, Have a listen!
    New SONG "Kunoichi"
  • MnszykMnszyk Joined: Posts: 511
    I see this occasionally in training mode using my arcade stick; It doesn't rapidly change between the two, but a down-right movement for me occasionally does give me down followed by down-right.

That's normal because of the way an arcade stick works.
  • sage2050sage2050 AG Vinco Joined: Posts: 592
    came to ask about this, glad its not jus tme
    Always Godlike
    www.alwaysgodlike.com
  • ChozoAceChozoAce Joined: Posts: 53
    That's normal because of the way an arcade stick works.
    I've never had this problem with sf4 or mvc3, blocking low and jumping at an angle is a huge pain now. I might put a video of the inputs soon
  • sage2050sage2050 AG Vinco Joined: Posts: 592
    ive had a few problems jumping forward myself
    Always Godlike
    www.alwaysgodlike.com
  • MAGUS1234MAGUS1234 drunk at keystone II Joined: Posts: 3,898
    Fireballs stuck on screen during cinimatic supers, lazy fucks
    I came to Keystone II and all I got was DP'd.
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,089
    Aside from the sound issues everyone is noting and a couple instances of fireballs hanging around during Supers I may have noticed a bug that someone may want to record if they have the equipment.

I could be totally wrong but it seemed like I traded with a raw launcher (I was Gief and CPU was Cammy), instead of launch and second character swapping in Gief stayed and Cammy hovered in the air for a second and I continued to combo. I didn't see how long she was going to hover, not like axe kick spin cycle but just interesting.
    I ain't talkin romance but you'll get swept off your feet- Guru R.I.P.

"Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "- chuckZdZZ (or something like that)
  • JJOR64JJOR64 Joined: Posts: 27
    Having the sound bug here as well on Xbox 360. Haven't experienced the projectile bug yet.
    An avid poster over at Giant Bomb and a E. Honda user in SF4.

Follow me on Twitter. twitter.com/jjor64
  • CryohCryoh Rock Shock Thunderous Beat Joined: Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having that sound bug as well. Pretty annoying.
    NickRocks: Magneto...fuck magneto sellout pussy whiteknight puts himself on a team with all girls. Like that boy on the cheerleadin squad, hanging out with mad girls but sleeping with none.
  • Squid_BisketsSquid_Biskets Joined: Posts: 36
    Not sure if this is true (I don't have the game yet). But people are saying you can't do 2 player couch co-op online against other players for the XBOX360 version. Can someone check this out?

I suggested maybe logging Player 2 in as "GUEST" (like you have to for Halo and Gears)
  • JJOR64JJOR64 Joined: Posts: 27
    Not sure if this is true (I don't have the game yet). But people are saying you can't do 2 player couch co-op online against other players for the XBOX360 version. Can someone check this out?

I suggested maybe logging Player 2 in as "GUEST" (like you have to for Halo and Gears)

I can't seem to get a Guest or anything online with me. On the main menu it says "This mode is for 1 player" on 360.
    An avid poster over at Giant Bomb and a E. Honda user in SF4.

Follow me on Twitter. twitter.com/jjor64
    I can't seem to get a Guest or anything online with me. On the main menu it says "This mode is for 1 player" on 360.
    That doesn't sound good... Is this just a bug that will be patched?.. Or did capcom say that feature is for PS3 only?
  • THATNI666ALEXLUGERTHATNI666ALEXLUGER Joined: Posts: 124
    That doesn't sound good... Is this just a bug that will be patched?.. Or did capcom say that feature is for PS3 only?
    that feature is not in the 360's manual while it is in the PS3 manual, thinking it may be PS3 only...
    that feature is not in the 360's manual while it is in the PS3 manual, thinking it may be PS3 only...
    Wowwww! Capcom NEVER mentioned this as a PS3 exclusive feature (from everything I've seen and read)... What a joke. Every other negative thing about the game I can excuse, but I REALLY wanted to play that game mode. This is a mistake!
  • NeiburoNeiburo Lowtier Joined: Posts: 447
    WTF? Could more people try local pair play on the Xbox please?
  • xbjimxbjim Joined: Posts: 4

My brother bought the special edition version tonight for the Xbox 360 and it says in the manual on page 22:

A Quick Tip from Dan
    If you have 2 controllers, you can team up with a friend to play an online battle! It's easy -- just press the START button on the other controller while at the Character Select screen! This is called Local Pair Play!

We tried to play scramble mode online. Figuring that since it was their "party" mode it would most likely be the one to let us play together on one console (I could understand it being rejected for ranked play) but it didn't work. Didn't work in a ranked game either. Didn't try Endless.

We even have 2 gamertags so we tried to invite another in to the game and it just sends the invited player to the start screen once you accept the game invite... it tries to join the game/player (which of course doesn't exist anymore since the game went to the start screen) and gives a "Unable to join lobby" type message.

Didn't see any message about having the other controller press start. We were using 1 arcade stick (the mad cat, SF TE? - red, black, white sides) and a normal Xbox 360 wired controller.

I hope they're aware of it and can patch it in some how.

Edit: here are images of page 22, the manual cover and game box cover:
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#0
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#1
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#2
  • ZebsterZebster Believe in Falcon Joined: Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭
    Wow that's a dumb thing to make exclusive, and not mention it anywhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 1392-4119-7524 3DS name: Zebster Pokemon X in game name: Zebia
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,936 ✭✭
    anyone experiencing the old sf4 bug where crouching attacks wiff on the opposing character? its only happened to me once, but my chun did a cr.mk against crouching hugo and it went right through him, though he was doing a cr.mk himself (which hit me and knocked me down.... salt flew)

before anyone asks im SURE that chuns cr.mk was able to hit cause i was in recovery frames when hugo hit me with his cr.mk and i was damn near point blank.

-dime
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
  • fogerfoger lame is good Joined: Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭
    playing a match just now, i threw the opponent twice(once forwards and once back) and rufus like..warped into the ground during the animation both ways. it didn't seem to happen or do anything other than during the animation of the throw, but man it looked weird

xbox version
  • ZarukaZaruka the Fool Joined: Posts: 856
    My brother bought the special edition version tonight for the Xbox 360 and it says in the manual on page 22:

A Quick Tip from Dan
    If you have 2 controllers, you can team up with a friend to play an online battle! It's easy -- just press the START button on the other controller while at the Character Select screen! This is called Local Pair Play!

We tried to play scramble mode online. Figuring that since it was their "party" mode it would most likely be the one to let us play together on one console (I could understand it being rejected for ranked play) but it didn't work. Didn't work in a ranked game either. Didn't try Endless.

We even have 2 gamertags so we tried to invite another in to the game and it just sends the invited player to the start screen once you accept the game invite... it tries to join the game/player (which of course doesn't exist anymore since the game went to the start screen) and gives a "Unable to join lobby" type message.

Didn't see any message about having the other controller press start. We were using 1 arcade stick (the mad cat, SF TE? - red, black, white sides) and a normal Xbox 360 wired controller.

I hope they're aware of it and can patch it in some how.

Edit: here are images of page 22, the manual cover and game box cover:
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#0
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#1
    http://imgur.com/a/AzdDA#2

yea it has it in my manual too so maybe they have to patch it in. mind you i have the xbox special edition too. i don't have anyone i can test it but by your accounts it does not seem like it works.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarukaFu?feature=mhee my youtube account for all your scrub viewing needs. now you can watch me live with http://www.twitch.tv/zaruka.
    yea it has it in my manual too so maybe they have to patch it in. mind you i have the xbox special edition too. i don't have anyone i can test it but by your accounts it does not seem like it works.

I hope this is the case. A day 1 patch or something.
  • CoinsCoins Two Coins!! Joined: Posts: 280
    i think the "teleporting" people speaking of has to do with Capcoms netcode ala it's own rollback feature. So it's not really a bug persay but a bad connection
    Rog, Dudley --- Fight Like Gentlemen!
    When using a custom soundtrack the game randomly lags up at the character selection screen. I can move the cursor around but when I select my character it'll take a while for that character to show up on the screen and then I have to wait even longer for the gem selection stuff. PS3, if it matters.
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Venom/HOS -- I really wish there was a playable T-Rex though. >_>
  • XDubzXXDubzX Joined: Posts: 114
    I am really upset about the online sound glitch. I'll post what I posted in the Netcode thread.

Sound glitch is the kicker. I mean how in the hell could this glaring issue get by Capcom? I didn't realize until playing this, but I use the sound effects as audio cues for my links and combos. The fact that the sound completely drops out, or is lagging way behind the action is unacceptable. If this were any other fighting game this community would be ripping this game to shreds in terms of its polish online.
    I am really upset about the online sound glitch. I'll post what I posted in the Netcode thread.

Sound glitch is the kicker. I mean how in the hell could this glaring issue get by Capcom? I didn't realize until playing this, but I use the sound effects as audio cues for my links and combos. The fact that the sound completely drops out, or is lagging way behind the action is unacceptable. If this were any other fighting game this community would be ripping this game to shreds in terms of its polish online.
    I pretty much feel the same way. I'm getting raped through lag and a lack of sfx because I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on without the sound. I'm really hoping it's going to be fixed in the patch that should be out today.
  • melflomilmelflomil Above Average Fighter Joined: Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭
    May I suggest to be a lab rat until this issue is addressed? I won't bbe going online anythime soon maybe for anpther two weeks. I'm experimenting with characters
    KoF= Kula, Mai and looking for a 3rd member... 3rdSO= Elena... SSF4ae= Sakura, Cammy & Seth
    UMvC3= X-23, Chris Redfield & Dante... SFxT= Julia,Elena
    PSN= melflomil