The Dudley Thread

EternalEnemyEternalEnemy Trollin' has never looked so stylish!Joined: Posts: 142
Welcome to the classiest thread of them all..
super_street_fighter_iv_conceptart_bNopa.jpg
The Dudley Thread!
Welcome to the Dudley thread! This is the home for all like minded pugilists to come and share info, videos and discuss the fine art of boxing and drinking tea. When ever I find something of interest or am shown something I will post in on of the sections of the opening post. With all of that said, KEEP IT CLASSY!
ver. 2013 Changes
• MP - Frames increased by 5F for boost combos (on hit -3F/On block -7F)
- Push back on block for boost combos reduced
• HP - Push back on block for boost combos reduced
• HK - Damage decreased 90->75
• cr. MP - Frames increased by 5F for boost combos (on hit -4F/On block -8F)
- Push back on block for boost combos reduced
• cr. MK - Startup decreased from 10F->7F
- Increased hold over from 3F->5F
- Hurt box reduced
• Diagonal Jump HK - Damage decreased from 100->80
• - Decreased hold over from 10F->7F
• Dart Shot - Decreased block stun by 4F (On block -4F)
• M Jet Upper - Damage decreased from 140->120
- Decreased airborne combo count
- Decreased block stun by 4F
- Decreased screen freeze by 4F
- Push back on block reduced
• H Jet Upper - Increased airborne combo count
- Damage decreased from 160->120
• Short Swing Blow (including EX) - Added invincibility attribute to throws
- Removed hurt box on the head and torso during Super Charge
* EX Cross Counter: overall tweaked to make it easier to connect with.
• Rolling Thunder - Easier to transition to lock animation when move hits an airborne opponent
Special move meter gain
• Jet Upper (L & M): whiff 15->10
• Jet Upper (H): whiff 15->10
• Machinegun Blow (L): whiff 15->10
• Machinegun Blow (M): whiff 15->10/on hit 10×4(40)->8×4(32)
• Machinegun Blow (H): whiff 15->10/on hit 10×6(60)->8×6(48)
• Cross Counter: whiff 15->10
• Duck: whiff 10->5
• Ducking Straight: whiff 5->10/on hit 30->40
• Ducking Upper: whiff 5->10/on hit 20×2(40)->15×2(30)
• Thunderbolt: on hit 20×2(40)->15×3(45)
• Short Swing Blow: whiff 15->0/on hit 30->50
NOTE~ I have been gone from SFxTK for a long time. I just recently started playing it again so that is why this thread has gone untouched for a while.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Main Team: Dante(a-Jam Session)Frank West(a-Shopping Cart)Doctor Doom(b-Hidden Missiles)
Alt: Dante(a-Jam Session)Vergil(y-Rapid Slash)Doctor Doom(b-Hidden Missiles)

Comments

• EternalEnemyEternalEnemy Trollin' has never looked so stylish! Joined: Posts: 142
    *RESERVED*
    Main Team: Dante(a-Jam Session)Frank West(a-Shopping Cart)Doctor Doom(b-Hidden Missiles)
  • EternalEnemyEternalEnemy Trollin' has never looked so stylish! Joined: Posts: 142
    Dudley, in 3rd Strike, had juggles and 50/50 mix-ups out the ass, in Street Fighter IV he had significantly less of these. The question I pose to you gentlemen is this, how do you think Dudley's play-style will fare in the Street Fighter x Tekken engine? I personally believe it will be almost as good as his 3rd Strike iteration, albeit a little less ridiculous (or maybe more!).
  • OsbjornOsbjorn Please accept this gift from my people Joined: Posts: 411
    Please Capcom give us back L MGB Juggle combos.
    They are one of my favorite combos to perform because they make me feel good as a person
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Viper/dante/strider viper/frank west/dante magneto/frank west dante
    Sfxt: Paul, Law, Bob, Guy, Heihachi, Ken
    Skullgirls: parasoul
  • dull-eyed-jackdull-eyed-jack rant-in_Eminor Joined: Posts: 47
    SFxT is about juggles, tagging and juggling some more. At least thats what it seems like in the streams I've seen, so Dudley's play-style (which already has nice juggles in AE2012) will be top-notch mix-ups. I am not touching SFxT until Dudley is on the roster menu so let 'em have their silly juggles cuz once this fancy-mustache-tea-drinking-jawbreaking gentleman hits the scene, juggling will never look so classy.
  • OsbjornOsbjorn Please accept this gift from my people Joined: Posts: 411
    I also wish we would get rose mix ups on wake up but maybe that is asking too much.
    Still I'm hyped as hell
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Viper/dante/strider viper/frank west/dante magneto/frank west dante
    Sfxt: Paul, Law, Bob, Guy, Heihachi, Ken
    Skullgirls: parasoul
    I am happy to see all of you guys feel the same way I do, Dudley should be amazing in this engine!
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 5,173
    I am happy to see all of you guys feel the same way I do, Dudley should be amazing in this engine!

Hopefully we can see the return of his Third Strike cr.:hk: juggles. You could only do, what, 3 in a combo max in SSFIV?
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    Hopefully we can see the return of his Third Strike cr.:hk: juggles. You could only do, what, 3 in a combo max in SSFIV?
    Yeah, it was only 3, and it was an extremely tight timing at that.
  • Arkive_UAEArkive_UAE Joined: Posts: 14
    the combination of Dudley and Steve will be amazing in my opinion!!
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,180
    Dudley/Balrog is gonna be sweet.
    spread'em
  • Logan SamaLogan Sama Joined: Posts: 881
    They can give him back Rose as everyone has roll on wake up. So they may as well
    Dudley/Balrog is gonna be sweet.
    Get out of my thread, what you say is heresy!!! JK
    A Refined Gentleman and a Savage Brute, they would make an awesome sitcom.
    spread'em
    i wonder what will be the conversation between dudley and steve??????
    Steve: Sorry but I'm the best boxer in england *Puts hand on Dudley's shoulder*
    Dudley: CROSS COUNTAH! *Punch*
    spread'em
    yes
  • nic1357nic1357 Joined: Posts: 35
    oh sweet lord my dream of a Steve/Dudley team can come true now. the best in british boxing vs the world. btw the Sakura thread has a couple of dudley gameplay videos
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,653
    Dudley & Steve...here we go!! :D

Tekken 7: Dragnov, Kazyua
    Injustice: Black Adam, Darkseid, Batman
    SFV: Laura
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    I want a hacked video of dudley =[

We got it for other characters come onnnnn
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
  • ExeeterExeeter senior pugilist Joined: Posts: 55
    Ok well I'm probably out of the loop on this one... but is there a (leaked) confirmation of dudley being in sfxt? He is not one of the 12 that have already been announced and 13 is not an even number :p
    Ok well I'm probably out of the loop on this one... but is there a (leaked) confirmation of dudley being in sfxt? He is not one of the 12 that have already been announced and 13 is not an even number :p
    He is in the game man, take a look at the opening post! GAMEPLAY HUZZAH!
  • MatrixMarioMatrixMario I suck at 3S Joined: Posts: 95
    here's to hoping the revival of the 3s dudley incarnation :tup:
    Go home and be a family man!
  • shinkutanshinkutan Joined: Posts: 71

Dudley can link his chains together...awesome.
  • MatrixMarioMatrixMario I suck at 3S Joined: Posts: 95
    haha, capcom takes all of dudleys alt's classiness very seriously
    Go home and be a family man!
    Dudley gets all the ladies with his attire choices!
    Seems like this thread has died a little, just remember when more info appears let me know or post here!
  • ThirtyfourThirtyfour Wait Joined: Posts: 3,805
    All I know is, I'm getting Dudley for free one way or another.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvsCnWO9Qw
    SSF4: AE v.2012 Dudley Video Tutorial
  • Gimpyfish62Gimpyfish62 Master of Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,820
    Did back swing blow look like it had some invulnerable frames to you guys too? that would be a dream come true.
    "He's the Tony Stark of Captain America." ~Bokkin
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
  • SupaDaveSupaDave HADOUKEN Joined: Posts: 59
    So my want for using Dudley and Steve in a team was not quelled after watching that video, Supernova.

Keep up the videos will be adding some into the main post soon, busy with some school papers.
  • exploidexploid Joined: Posts: 495
    EX thunderbolt can cross up and creates a groundbounce. It has startup inv
    Jump HK creates groundbounce vs air
    after lp jet upper you can do st.mp, c.mp or c.hk into juggles
    Only EX and MP jet upper has startup inv
    MGB are excellent for tag cancels. Short swing blow also works. More damage, but range specific and the character that runs in has less time to start his combo.

j.hp f.mk st.hk xx EX MGB j.hk c.hk mp jet upper 466 dmg
    or
    j.hp f.mk st.hk xx EX MGB j.hk c.mp hp mgb tag cancel +++

After a launcher he can do
    f.mk f.mk f.mk mp jet upper (356 dmg off a raw launcher, exactly the same as hugo)
    Hi!
  • CoinsCoins Two Coins!! Joined: Posts: 280
    Does anyone know if you can sweep dash cancel like Raven? It would be so awesome if you could
    Rog, Dudley --- Fight Like Gentlemen!
    Fuck Dudley/Steve.

Balrog/Dudley has got me hype.
    spread'em
  • exploidexploid Joined: Posts: 495
    Does anyone know if you can sweep dash cancel like Raven? It would be so awesome if you could

He can't. Also he can only do c.hk twice into jet upper
    Hi!
  • PanttzPanttz Joined: Posts: 3
    Counting down the days till we are reunited again my friend.
  • Golden-psycoGolden-psyco Human Database Joined: Posts: 138
    I know I'm not original here. But steve is my current only sfxt character, mained dudley in ssf4. Looking forward to uniting these two for a glorious team
    My only fear is that the two will be way too similar to have good synergy

just checked out the above video...dudleys charging animation is so beastly weaveweaveweavePUNCH
  • millseloniusmillselonius Joined: Posts: 80
    So, does anyone know how easily j.LK crosses up in this?
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,114
    wait till you see how fast this dude walks.

right now its like vega/akuma speed
  • InsaneRikkInsaneRikk Swede - youtube.com/sebastianrikk Joined: Posts: 38

Some Dudley BnB's :)
    I can ride my bike with no EX bars, no EX bars.

www.youtube.com/sfxtekkenrikk
  • SledgeSledge Joined: Posts: 45
    Dudley sucks
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790

Some Dudley BnB's :)

I like, but the damage seems so low. I sort of squinted to see it but looked like 380s and a 402, without super?
    really bumbing he's not packing more of a "punch".
    Of course these are solo combos, MGB looks sick for switch cancels and SSB into Jet Upper could be a solid cross rush tag in combo for Duds.
    How is his bound moves? Potential combos off of it I mean.
    That is where Juri really rocks hard so hopefully the same can be said for Dudley

Really banking on Dudley to make me come back to this game.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • Kloud7HVNKloud7HVN Devils Never Cry Joined: Posts: 5
    s.MK is still a classy Anti Air!
  • NB2NB2 Joined: Posts: 191
    I like, but the damage seems so low. I sort of squinted to see it but looked like 380s and a 402, without super?
    really bumbing he's not packing more of a "punch".
    Of course these are solo combos, MGB looks sick for switch cancels and SSB into Jet Upper could be a solid cross rush tag in combo for Duds.
    How is his bound moves? Potential combos off of it I mean.
    That is where Juri really rocks hard so hopefully the same can be said for Dudley

Really banking on Dudley to make me come back to this game.

I'm pretty sure Dudley's damage will be ridiculous in this game. He's a lot of fun. The Day 1 BnB I'm working with is:

J.HK or J.HP, towards HK, (link Target Combo) MP, MK, HP, (link) cr. lp, (ender)

Ender 1
    Machine Gun Blow(you can EX to extend the combo even further with several variations after that)
    Ender 2
    FP, FP Exchange(I think it's cross rush, but I can never keep those terms straight, lol)
    Ender 3
    Super
    Ender 4
    Team Super

I didn't look at the numbers, but depending on how much meter you burn, that's some pretty solid damage for day 1. He's a real blast to play and I didn't use him in 3s or SF4, but this version really drew me in with that Black Dynamite costume. I had planned on pairing Lei with Chun Li, and using Lars in my Vergil Custom Colors w/ his swap costume, but Dudley bopped all of that. I'll definitely be sticking with this character for at least a few weeks to see what he's got. Overall, it looks like most of the new cast are stronger than the mid and lower tier characters, with a few of the new cast possibly needing a balance patch. They're fun though.
  • double Fdouble F Joined: Posts: 653
    that BnB video seemed to focus more on his SSF4-style combos, which is fine, but he can do so much more wacky stuff in this game.

first of all, he can easily combo dart shot after a heavy jump-in (this was only possible on counterhit in SSF4), so you can do stuff like:
    j.HK, dart shot, st.HK, cr.MP xx exMGB into juggles for huge damage (i'll get to the juggles in a sec)

his j.HK ground bounces. And as Desk showed last night, you can get a j.HK after exMGB (but it's tricky).

as for juggles, his cr.MP has a potential of 3, but his st.HK only has potential of 2 (you'll understand why once you try it out in the corner). Best uppercut ender is MP version, because it's single hit, 140 damage.

Here is the coolest juggle sequence I've found so far (corner only, works for an incoming Dudley after ABC-launch, or after switch cancel, or in his own exMGB combo):

st.HK xx L. Short Swing Blow, cr. MP xx H. MGB

the SSB pops them up high enough to allow another cr.MP juggle into MGB or jet upper. I prefer ending with hard MGB because almost all the hits will juggle, which means you can switch cancel it and do anything you want with your partner (right now I'm switch canceling Gief and he has enough time to neutral jump and get a ground-bounce headbutt)
  • MascotRayMascotRay Joined: Posts: 125
    So far, he's been exactly what I had hoped he'd be. Just wish we had frame data. One thing I did notice is his counter *seems* noticeably slower than in AE. It could have just been my mind playing tricks on me as it was 3 in the morning.
  • BeganooBeganoo Joined: Posts: 200
    Got to say I just love hes mp. DP. Finally a good reversal with lots of invincibility and you don't need meter to do it. Great for AA, great for some "UmeShoryu" action, some decent/ok range and you can get shitton of damage after hit and then tag + you put the fear in your oponents mind.

Also I love how after MGP on hit you get so many options since it doesn't KD (oponent can't roll). Frame traps,overhead, low , throw, and that sweet mp. DP
    + He walk speed is great, it almost make hes throw legit :P.

The main reason I dropped duddley few weeks after SSF4 1st came out was exactley the shitty normal DP's.

I must say I'm enjoying this xTekken version quite a bit so far.
    jiz.
    Its indeed time to oil up !
  • somepunksomepunk Joined: Posts: 126
    Time for me to chip in.
    Midscreen, confirm into ex mgb, j.hk, cr.hk, mp jet upper. Easy, reliable, and the best damage you can get in the situation. If you plan to tag, use hp jet upper at the end, as the second hit will activate due to the juggle reset, giving more damage. You should be able to do close to 500 off any confirm midscreen.

In corner, after ex mgb, st.hk xx hk ssb, cr.mp xx mp jet upper (unless you are tagging, in which case use hp jet upper) damage is huge off one meter, and easy once mastered.

I have an amazing metereless combo in my vid for high damage. Cr.lk-mk target combo is amazing in wakeup situations, as you can confirm right into st.hk xx whatever. Combined with overhead pressure, it is terrifying. They're gonna start rolling, stuff will get predictable.also, learn how to walk-jab without initiating dudleys slipping jab, it is a godlike frametrap with practice. Ignore rolling thunder....seriously. it is not worth the damage that can be done with any hp jet upper finisher + tag cancel.

Check my vid/transcript for some good stuff, it's been posted a few places but meh:
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    SNIP .
    Good stuff man. I had planned on pairing Chun Li with Dudley and Juri with Sakura (looks like it could be Christie now though)
    But if you play around with Chun Li and Dudley let me know what you think.

I'm still debating on getting the DLC. I have a lot going on right now so I'm on the fence.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • NB2NB2 Joined: Posts: 191
    Good stuff man. I had planned on pairing Chun Li with Dudley and Juri with Sakura (looks like it could be Christie now though)
    But if you play around with Chun Li and Dudley let me know what you think.

I'm still debating on getting the DLC. I have a lot going on right now so I'm on the fence.

Well lemme tell you right off the bat, lol.....

Jump in to Spinning Bird with Chun, Tag Cancel into that BnB I told you earlier using the ender with the Boost Combo back into Chun's standard back MK etc follow up..whoo! Big damage and a pretty sick corner carry. The other thing about this team is that Chun's mobility and footsies is a great balancing element for Dudley's troubles getting in. It's day one, obviously, but usually day one stuff isn't this good so I think this team is pretty real.