"Less talk, more blood" The Vega combo thread

TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
If you've got any combos to share or combo videos, please post them and I'll link them/put them in the first post.
Note:
a) The damage for Cross Arts :)qcf:+:mp::mk:) is 100+damage of your partner's super.
b) Claw's Super is performed as Charge :d: then :u:+:3p: Hold :uf: to have Claw jump towards your opponent. His Super does a total of 280 damage( and 240 if the jumping knee attack doesn't hit).
c) LK S. Terror is only one hit and does 70 damage, whereas the first hit of the MK and HK versions does 60. If you plan on ending a juggle combo withn another S. Terror, use the LK ver. for the most damage.

Combos provided by Tyr List:
Cosmic Heel :df:+:hk: combos
Anywhere:
:df:+:hk:>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: or :hk: S. Terror (230 damage)
:df:+:hk:>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: or :hk: S. Terror-->Super (443 damage)

Corner:
:df:+:hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:xxEX Izuna grab (does 353 damage)
:df:+:hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror (does 277 damage)
:df:+:hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror-->Super (does 470 damage)
:df:+:hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:>Cr. :hk: (Does 272 damage)

Combos off of Cr. :mp:
Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>Cr. :mp:xxEX Izuna grab (does 333 damage)
Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror (does 257 damage)
Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror>Super (does 450 damage)

Combos provided by alexlkd:
Jumping :hp: or :hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>:df:+:hk:-->Cr. :hk: (does 407 damage)
Jumping :hp: or :hk:>St. :hp: (1-hit)xx:hp: Rolling>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>:df:+:hk:>Cr. :hk: (does 432 damage)
Jumping :hp: or :hk:>St. :hp: (1-hit)xx:hp: Rolling>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>(Hold) :df:+:hk:>Super (does 547 damage)
Jumping :hp: or :hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>(Hold) :df:+:hk:>Super (does 535 damage)
:df:+:hk:>Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror>Cr. :hk: (Does 269 damage)
If you perfom a launcher that tags in Claw, you can follow up with: Cr. :mp:xx:lk: St. Terror>Cr. :hk:
Cr. :lp:~St. :mk:~St. :hp: (1-hit)xxEX Rolling>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>:df:+:hk:>Cr. :hk: (does 335 damage)

alexlkd provided some insight on Flying Barcelona Attack-
I might as well go into some detail about FBA here and then I can explain the combos.

1. If you want to hit with Izuna, you need to activate it near the front or top part of the character you are hitting. If activated on the back, it just doesn't work. The range is pretty good and priority is good being at 1 frame startup and having 2 active frames.

2. On wakeup if you want to do the izuna loop, the best thing to do is probably going to be a HK FBA to the opposite corner, that way if they roll you don't get messed up and land right in front for them to punish you. If they stand up normally then proceed like you would in SSF4. I haven't done thorough testing yet so this is what I have so far.

3. The claw attack has been massively buffed and does 120 damage despite what version of FBA (other than EX which is 30x2) you do and has 4 frame startup. So if you trade it should be at least a good trade.

4. There's four scenarios where FBA claw attack will combo. The first two are really risky, the third isn't as risky, and the fourth is the safest. Here they are:
a: Attacking someone as a crossup any distance behind them but close to their feet will pop them up near you. If they block you will be at - 1,000 right next to them.
b. Attacking someone not as a crossup when they are cornered. If they block you will be at - 1,000 right next to them.
c. Attacking someone while they are in the air. The risk is their AA of course. If you win you can get some really big damage though.
d. Attacking someone ANYWHERE but requires 1 meter to tag cancel. The tag cancel will make this move safe on block.

5. Scenario a,b,c all can lead up to the most damaging combos, whereas d is the safest and still quite damaging only if your partner is good with juggle combos.

6. Combos from scenario a,b,c

1. Meterless- Claw Attack x cr mp x lk ST x cr HK= 299 dmg

2. 1 meter- claw attack x cr mp x lk ST x HK ST= 306 dmg plus partner switch and renewed juggle.

OR you could just use HK ST which is much easier and will cause less damage scaling. With my partner I can get 466 damage for no extra meter.

3. 2 meter- Claw attack x cr mp x mk ST x BHC= 473 dmg

4. 3 meter- claw attack x cr mp x LK ST x cross art- 535 dmg (assuming partner's super is 300)

As for combos in scenario d. These combos can be the most ambiguous by far since you can do the claw attack right above their head and cross up or not, but they can be significantly less damaging (depending on what your partner can do).

On block just start using close strings so Vega can leave the screen safely. It takes two moves for Vega to be a safe distance away. With my partner I get 388 dmg off with no additional meter, but I get 511 damage with a full combo ending in super. Additionally my partner lets me finish juggle combos with a launcher (instead of a special move) so I can safely switch back to Vega during juggle combos for only slightly less damage (usually around 15-30 less damage)
with no meter and less than perfectly spaced CH, the best option is CH, HP, cMPxxcHP for 272
or
CH, HP, cMKxxcHK for 272 with a hard kd and you have the opponent cornered
with no meter and perfectly spaced CH, the best option is CH, CH, HP, cHP for 315

with 1 bar (not spaced)
CH, HP, cMPxxEX FBA, Izuna for 353

with 1 bar (spaced)
CH, CH, cLK, cMPxxEX FBA, Izuna for 375

with 2 bars (not spaced)
CH, HP, cMPxx HK version ST, BHC for 463
with 2 bars (spaced)
CH, CH, cMK, cMKxxBHC for 463

i'll let you guys test with 3 bars and pandora
cool, wouldn't expect to land Cosmic Heel too much though, except after a grounded tag cancel.

269 df.HK cr.MP x LK.ST st.HP/cr.HK
276 df.HK cr.MP x LK.ST Launcher (HP+HK) (cannot juggle after the launcher)
282 df.HK cr.MK cr.MK cr.MP x LK.ST (corner)
315 far.df.HK df.HK cl.HP st.HP (cr.HK ender more reliable if cornered)

if you end with Scarlet Terror you can tack on a Super depending on what strength ST you used and whether the opponent is cornered. Does about an extra 200 damage. Tip: aim to connect when the opponent is just about to hit the ground. Doing the super while the opponent is too high in the air will result in the second hit wiffing.

323 df.HK cr.MK cr.MP x EX.FBA Izuna
353 df.HK cl.HP cr.MP x EX.FBA Izuna
375 far.df.HK df.HK cr.MK cr.MP x EX.FBA Izuna

[edit]
oh, and
530 df.HK cr.MP x LK.ST CrossSuper

More combos by Meteo-
Was in the lab yesterday starting a combo compilation for Vega/Cammy. I'll be posting my notes when I do this sort of thing. What I worked on was Vega-to-Vega combos using 2 meter or less.

updated 5/4

notation:
"x" = cancelation, the following move cancels out of the preceding move
"-3" = link three of these moves together (df.HK-3 means df.HK df.Hk df.HK)
"L.[character]" = Launcher, handing off to that character
"T.[character]" = tag/switch cancel into the next character
"P.[character]" = activate Pandora for the next character

Vega-to-Vega Combos
0 meter
347 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK cr.HK (407 w/ j.HK)
315 df.HK df.HK cl.HP far.HP/cr.HK
308 cl.HP cr.MP x LK.ST cr.MP x HK.ST
307 df.MK/cl.MK cr.LP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK cr.HK
287 cr.LP/cr.LK cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK cr.HK
277 cl.LP/cl.LK/cr.LP/cr.LK cr.LP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK cr.HK
269 df.HK cr.MK x LK.ST cr.HK
200 cr.MK cr.MP x HK.ST
152 far.LK cr.LP cr.MP x cr.HK

1 meter
439 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK-3 cr.HK (468 w/ j.HK)
428 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST
398 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK EX.FBA Izuna
392 cl.HP x EX.RCF cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK cr.HK
369 cl.HP cr.LP x cr.MP x cl.HP x EX.RCF cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK cr.HK
377 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST cr.MK x EX.FBA Izuna
corner
455 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cr.HP-3 HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK df.HK cr.MK x LK.ST
452 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cr.HP-3 HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST
377 df.HK df.HK cl.HP EX.FBA Izuna

2 meter
512 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK HK.ST x T.Cammy j.HK cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST (531 w/ j.HK)
490 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST cr.MK x HK.ST x T.Cammy j.HK cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST
487 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST cr.MP x LK.ST Super
486 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK Super (535 w/ j.HK)
485 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK-3 EX.FBA Izuna
473 df.HK df.HK HK.ST Super
445 cl.HP x EX.RCF cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST
441 cl.HP cr.MP cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x EX.FBA Izuna
440 cl.HP cr.MP cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x EX.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST
432 cl.HP x EX.RCF cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK EX.FBA Izuna
corner
539 df.HK df.HK cl.HP HK.ST x T.Cammy j.HK cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST
519 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK HK.ST x T.Cammy j.HK cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST (536 with w/ j.HK)
483 df.HK df.HK cl.MK cl.HP Super

3 meter
542 cl.HP cr.MP x MK.ST df.HK EX.ST x T.Cammy j.HK cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK cr.MK cr.MK x LK.ST (561 w/ j.HK)
523 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x CrossArt(547 w/ j.HK)
485 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK-3 Super
corner:
541 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cr.HP cr.HP CrossArt (547 w/ j.HK)
530 l.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cr.HP-3 x HK.ST x T.Vega df.HK df.HK cr.MK x HK.ST x T.Cammy cr.HP-3 HK.ST x T.Vega df.HK df.HK cr.MK x LK.ST (557 w/ j.HK)
506 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cr.HP-3 x HK.ST x T.Vega df.HK df.HK cl.HP Super

and 1 probably-inoptimal but cool Pandora combo from Vega to Cammy:
553 cl.HP cr.MP x cr.HP x L.Cammy cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK-3 HK.ST x T.Cammy j.HK cl.MP far.HP x HK.CSpk x T.Vega df.HK P.Cammy Super

The following was provided by galahand86-

By various users (and me):
Cr. :lp:>Cr. :lp:>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>:df:+:hk:>Cr. :hk: (Does 277 damage)

Here are some combos that I've tried out and found to do some good damage:
Jumping :hp: or :hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror-->Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror (Does 379 damage)

Jumping :hp: or :hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:~St. :hp (1-hit)xxEX Rolling>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror>Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror (Does 440 damage)

Jumping :hp: or :hk:>St. :hp:>Cr. :mp:xx:mk: S. Terror-->Cr. :mp:xx:lk: S. Terror>Super (Does 530 damage)

:df:+:hk:>Cr. :mp:>:hk: S. Terror>Super (Does 443 damage)

Thanks to Gross_Indecency and Eternal Blaze.
"You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
"Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
"I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne

Comments

• Gross_IndecencyGross_Indecency S Nocturnal Joined: Posts: 1,019
    The one in this video is insane: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/01/clockw0rk-stops-g4tv-show-some-street-fighter-x-tekken-combos/

J.hp/j.hk - cl.sthp - cr.mp- mk.st - CH - ex.fba - izuna two slashes- BHC
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Thanks will link that to the first post =)
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • LoveThyCheeseLoveThyCheese Hyiooooooooo! Joined: Posts: 20
    man I was just gonna add that ex fba to super, good find.
    Just want to add that you can loop the FBA as well. Also if you time it right, you can pull off a cr. lp to light scarlet terror.
    The highest damage I can get in a team setting seems to be 622 and that is:
    jump hp xx cl hp xx cr mp xx m. ST xx Crossover Art. However that may be character specific depending on the partner.
    If plan on doing a m. ST xx cr. mp xx h. ST in a combo, if you tag cancel the h. ST the second hit will follow through.
    For me, it was a Tuesday. -Bison SFxT
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    its a waste of meter though, Vega's meterless combos do around the same damage as the EX FBA ones so its pretty much pointless unless you're going for flash.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/#21/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | StarFire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
  • LoveThyCheeseLoveThyCheese Hyiooooooooo! Joined: Posts: 20
    its a waste of meter though, Vega's meterless combos do around the same damage as the EX FBA ones so its pretty much pointless unless you're going for flash.
    very true but like you said sometimes flash is appropriate lol. :p
    A nice punish combo is ex SHC xx cr. mp xx into whatever your fancy.
    For me, it was a Tuesday. -Bison SFxT
  • DrakonvlastDrakonvlast Beauty is Everything Joined: Posts: 200
    so the best meterless combo we have atm is 380 damage? not bad
    2-2 at EVO2012. bring on next year
  • alexlkdalexlkd Joined: Posts: 969
    JF HP x cl HP x cr mp x mk ST x CH x cr HK= 407 dmg. Best easy meterless combo

Best meterless is JF HP x cl HP x HP RCF x cr mp x mk ST x CH x cr HK= 432 dmg. Best meterless combo.

Also as for that really long combo in that video above, mine does more damage and requires less meter and is easier to do.

The one above is JF HP x cl HP x cr mp x mk ST x CH x ex FBA x Super. Mine is the same but you don't have to do the EX FBA. It does 1 more damage and 1 less meter. = 535 dmg. If you do mine but add HP RCF in the beginning then it will do 547 dmg for 2 meter.
  • DrakonvlastDrakonvlast Beauty is Everything Joined: Posts: 200
    good shit, can't wait til i get the game on friday
    2-2 at EVO2012. bring on next year
  • Lum1n0u5Lum1n0u5 Joined: Posts: 3
    I got a combo, not sure if its taken yet, but yeah its.
    j.Hp/Hk x St.Hp.x cr. Mp.x St.Hp (base dmg: 282) -> from here you can either:
    1. x into chain Hp. Hp. (dmg: 290 no meter)
    2. x Ex. RCF x cr. Mp x st. L ST (396 1 meter)
    3. x Ex. RCF x cr.Mp chain. Hp. Hp. and combo off partner. (408 1 meter)
    They work anywhere on screen.

Best meterless is JF HP x cl HP x HP RCF x cr mp x mk ST x CH x cr HK= 432 dmg. Mest meterless combo.

Also as for that really long combo in that video above, mine does more damage and requires less meter and is easier to do.

The one above is JF HP x cl HP x cr mp x mk ST x CH x ex FBA x Super. Mine is the same but you don't have to do the EX FBA. It does 1 more damage and 1 less meter. = 535 dmg. If you do mine but add HP RCF in the beginning then it will do 547 dmg for 2 meter.

First: I don't have the game and it seems I don't understand the juggle system a bit. Can't you do another ST after that CH in the first combo?

Second: You are talking about a combo you call "mine" but you didn't even write the combo itself???
  • DoctorNormalDoctorNormal Joined: Posts: 180
    Is it just me, or are Vega's combos really hard, even the simple ones? I'm having a lot of trouble with all the charge motions. Any tips?
    UMVC3 main team - Nova (b)/Taskmaster (a)/Super-Skrull (a)
    UMVC3 experimental - Iron Fist (y)/Taskmaster (a)/Dormammu (a)
    SFxT: Juri/Ogre
    Soulcalibur V: Hilde, Cervantes
    First: I don't have the game and it seems I don't understand the juggle system a bit. Can't you do another ST after that CH in the first combo?

Second: You are talking about a combo you call "mine" but you didn't even write the combo itself???

I just got the game as well, so I don't know. I'll try it out later. I'm still trying to find my Vega a partner.

I said that mine is the same but w/o the ex FBA, but if you need it written out it would be this: JF HP x cl HP x cr mp x mk ST x CH x Super
    Will add those combos to the first post later but...you can cancel Close St. HP? Didn't know that, will try it out later.
    What does CH mean BTW?
  • nekorinSGnekorinSG Joined: Posts: 88

Best meterless is JF HP x cl HP x HP RCF x cr mp x mk ST x CH x cr HK= 432 dmg. Best meterless combo.

I cannot seem to get enough charge to do the HP RCF when I do "JF HP x cl HP x HP RCF" ... Is there a way to charge this?

After 1 day of playing, there are 2 nice combos for Vega that I use

1) jf.HP, cl.HP, c.mp xx LP RCF
    2) c.LP x 3, c.mp xx LP RCF

What is good about these 2 combos are, the ability for the player to tag Vega out on the 1st hit of RCF (use 1 meter). The tag in character will have enough time to continue the combo on the grounded opponent, which will probably lead to a juggle tag out back to Vega since opponent is grounded.
  • Lum1n0u5Lum1n0u5 Joined: Posts: 3
    CH = Cosmic Heel, J.Hp/Hk can link into CH so thats cool for more combos and chain opportunities.
  • Ben ReedBen Reed c. LK is my co-pilot Joined: Posts: 1,010
    Will add those combos to the first post later but...you can cancel Close St. HP? Didn't know that, will try it out later.
    What does CH mean BTW?

You can cancel the 1st hit of close HP into specials and supers. Very handy for c. MP s. HP chain xx EX RCF -> whatever.

CH _usually_ means "counter hit", but around here people seem to use it, somewhat confusingly, as an abbreviation for Vega's Cosmic Heel normal (df+HK).
    Is it just me, or are Vega's combos really hard, even the simple ones? I'm having a lot of trouble with all the charge motions. Any tips?

Vega's combos are actually pretty easy in the grand scheme of SFxT. The key thing with charge in jump-in combos is that you can't wait on STARTING it; you have to go to back/down/downback ASAP once you start your jump. Flick up/upforward for your jump and whip the stick back to db to start charging.

Same trick goes for close HP, c. MP xx whatever link combos. Start by holding back when you land to get your close fierce, and as soon as you see the animation begin, whip the stick to db to begin charging.

It can also be kinda tricky sometimes to get ST to come out if you don't cancel the c. MP, c. MK, etc. fast enough. Speed is key when you get to that point of the combo. Don't wait around on that cancel (but don't do it TOO fast or you'll buffer the move too early and lose your charge).
    This post is +0 on block.
  • LazLaz XBL: Vicacidxx Joined: Posts: 10
    I was able to do:

J. Hp/hk -> st. Hp -> cr. Lp cr. Mp st. Hp xx ex roll -> cr. Lp cr. Mp xx ex fba

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
    I was able to do:

J. Hp/hk -> st. Hp -> cr. Lp cr. Mp st. Hp xx ex roll -> cr. Lp cr. Mp xx ex fba

Hmm, damage wouldn't be worth it I'm sad to say due to scaling and the Light punches.
  • LazLaz XBL: Vicacidxx Joined: Posts: 10
    Hmm, damage wouldn't be worth it I'm sad to say due to scaling and the Light punches.
    I haven't tried this yet but maybe I can remove the cr. Lps' from the combo. I'll test it when I get home.

• CynistarCynistar Break the Barrier Joined: Posts: 1,120
    The most damaging combo, with 1 meter, I was able to pull off was: j.hp> cl.hp> cr.mp-> cl.hp xx ex rcf > cr.mp xx mk ST > cr.mp xx lk ST

I can't test it right now, but I believe it was around 430 damage. Maybe someone else can confirm.
    Defeat is possible... but highly improbable.
    Twitter@Cynistar742
    Facebook: Javier Garcia
    Youtube: Cynistar742
    The most damaging combo, with 1 meter, I was able to pull off was: j.hp> cl.hp> cr.mp-> cl.hp xx ex rcf > cr.mp xx mk ST > cr.mp xx lk ST

I can't test it right now, but I believe it was around 430 damage. Maybe someone else can confirm.
    Read the first post please ;3
  • j0ej0e Joined: Posts: 109
    not on right now but i was able to do

lk ST -> hk ST -> ex FBA -> izuna

not super damaging but two STs to ex FBA is awesome :)
  • xZEPPELIxxZEPPELIx I Am Beyond Joined: Posts: 115
    What combos are you guys doing from tags?
    formerly known as Torn Apart
    errm Can we try and get some useful ground combos in here? all the combos so far either need meter for small damage or start from jump-ins> s.HP which in a match you dont get to land that often,, so yeah we need some decent meterless ground combos coz those are the combos that you'll actually get to use the most in matches -____________-
    so far best thing i found is c.lp>c.lp>c.Mp xx MK ST> CH>c.HK and thats 277
    there has to be something better, characters like Asuka, Jin, Hugo.. hell even Juri; all getting near the 400 mark meterless from ground shit.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~

errm Can we try and get some useful ground combos in here? all the combos so far either need meter for small damage or start from jump-ins> s.HP which in a match you dont get to land that often,, so yeah we need some decent meterless ground combos coz those are the combos that you'll actually get to use the most in matches -____________-
    so far best thing i found is c.lp>c.lp>c.Mp xx MK ST> CH>c.HK and thats 277
    there has to be something better, characters like Asuka, Jin, Hugo.. hell even Juri; all getting near the 400 mark meterless from ground shit.

I've noticed this too...I always end up using 4x c. lp -> c. mp -> ex fba -> izuna which costs one meter and doesn't really do a ton of damage...

Anyone know what the combo is at 1:58 in this video? looks awesome...

• Meteo2Meteo2 20% more ex-loldives Joined: Posts: 691
    Anyone know what the combo is at 1:58 in this video? looks awesome...
    What's up j0e! So it looks like EX moves might be a special exception where you can cancel out of the standard target combo. LP x MP x st.HP x EX.RCF will work , but not MP x st.HP x HP.RCF unless the st.HP isn't canceled into... so j.HP st.HP x HP.RCF works (but of course you can only freely combo off of the EX version).

Since you can combo a st.LP or cr.LP after EX.RCF, you can even go back into another EX.RCF! The combo you linked ends with an EX.FBA instead, I have a lot of difficulty landing the walldive into Izuna Drop into the corner so I usually go for some kind of ScarletTerror ender. Tag canceling during the first hit of HK.ST at the end of a long juggle is amazingly useful.
    1. Well from CH as a punish you could do cr mp x lk ST x cr HK= 269 dmg.

2. From coming in after the launcher switch cr mp x lk ST x cr HK.

3. On the ground the only real useful and safe combo that I can see, but you still need one meter for is cr lp xx st mk xx cl HP x EX RCF x cr mp x mk ST x CH x cr HK= 335 dmg. After EX RCF you are +3 on block so yea.

4. You can also combo FBA claw attack into cr mp EX FBA x izuna= 325 damage or cr mp x Super= for 414 damage

But from what I noticed the best way to use Vega is to utilize his moves with a partner switch for more damage. For example:

I use Ibuki x Vega and I can do stuff like this:

With Vega cr mp xx st HP xx launcher (Then with Ibuki) st HK x JF HK x raida= 356 damage with no meter and off of cr mp which can be a 4 frame punish without charge.

With meter you can cancel HP roll into Ibuki to make it safe on block or on hit I can do an easy combo with no extra meter for 425 damage. With Ibuki I have an overhead that when switched to Vega makes it safe on block and on hit allows him to combo for 427 damage, with no extra meter.

@ Meteo- Yes chain combos can only be canceled by an ex version of the move, and not the normal version. Also Off a jump in JF HP into HP RCF is more effective because you are +4 after HP RCF, so you can do the same combo afterwards without wasting meter, and if its blocked, then you can just tag cancel to make it safe. Off of a JF HP into HP RCF you can do a combo that is 435 damage that costs no meter!

Ex RCF is probably going to be best used in the combo that I described above.
    great posts @ Meteo2 and alexlkd, will get in the lab and mess around with these things after work today.

btw im playing on XBL, feel free to addme: ez5 k0d0s

EDIT: any good combos into launcher from non-close range?
    Well you could cancel fba claw attack which launches them and with my partner I can do 388 damage without extra meter. As for a non close range launcher combo; Any launcher combo should be able to get you at least 300 damage. Just cr mp xx cr hp xx launcher is perfect from far away, because it is so fast and has so much range.

The only extended combo that you could really do from far away is the chain combo into EX RCF and then do a cr mp xx cr hp xx launcher afterwards, so it could be worth it. The best you can get is 10 hits 300 damage then you switch, unless you want to waste more meter for the loop.
  • Ketsueki_WolfKetsueki_Wolf Casual Gaymer Joined: Posts: 224
    JF HP x cl HP x cr mp ST x CH x CA(Cross Art) = 424(not counting partner's damage) 466 without mask

Doing this combo with M.Bision dishes out 633 damage (675 without mask)
    I can't pull off cr mp to cr mk so I can't tell how much more damage you could do when you include the cr mk
    PSN: Ketsueki_Wolf
    SFIV: Vega. BlazBlue: Amane, Valkenhayn. Injustice: Arrow, Bane, Lobo. Mortal Kombat: Shang Tsung, Reptile.
    Tekken: Dragunov, King, Lei Wulong. SCV: Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Raphael
  • Tyr ListTyr List Joined: Posts: 3
    Here is what I figured out today, mostly B&B stuff from ground moves.

Cosmic Heel:
    In the corner (hp x c.mp seems unreliable outside of corner)
    CH x hp x c.mp x EX izuna -> 353
    CH x hp x c.mp x lk ST -> 277 tag on super for 470
    CH x hp x c.mp x c.hk -> 272

Out of the corner
    CH x c.mp x h/mk ST -> 230 tag on super for 443

c.mp:
    c.mp x mk ST x c.mp x EX izuna -> 333
    c.mp x mk ST x c.mp x lk ST -> 257 tag on super for 450

Does anyone have better (easy?) meterless damage off normals?
    after whatever xx MK ST seems that CH>c.HK is the most damaging follow after all, that sucks honestly =/ seems like Vega isnt gonna be the damage dude in the team.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~

• VegaramaVegarama Joined: Posts: 69
    I have been testing out cross art damage to try and settle on a partner for Vega. I tested it each way with Vega 1st & 2nd

Only tested the characters I was interested in will just put the order and damage below:

Vega/Rufus 420
    Rufus/Vega 380

Vega/Julia 410
    Julia/Vega 380

Vega/Lili 410
    Lili/Vega 380

Vega/Paul 420
    Paul/Vega 380

Vega/Hugo 480
    Hugo/Vega 380

Vega/Zangief 440
    Zangief/Vega 380

Vega/Poison 410
    Poison/Vega 380

Vega/Chun 400
    Chun/Vega 380

That’s it so far but it does seem that the cross art is always more damaging if Vega starts.
    Your ugliness calls to mind disease stricken cattle!
    I'll be updating the first post with combos by those that posted in this thread later on, but I'd like to know if the format I'm writing them in is OK.
    Apologies for not quoting your combos as you wrote them, if you'd rather I just write it in the exact way you posted them I'll do that.
    I'll be updating the first post with combos by those that posted in this thread later on, but I'd like to know if the format I'm writing them in is OK.
    Apologies for not quoting your combos as you wrote them, if you'd rather I just write it in the exact way you posted them I'll do that.

I'd say take out the "--" as theyre not needed. Just make sure you seperate the Link/chain/cancel so its shows which is which. I'm maintaining a combo thread too (jin) and what I'm using is < for links, ~ for chains and xx for cancels. It helps making it look neat and makes reading it easier too. Here's the thread if you wanna take a look.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~

^Thanks for the feedback. I'll prob. follow a similar format to yours once I finish writing the combos in.
  • Tyr ListTyr List Joined: Posts: 3
    after whatever xx MK ST seems that CH>c.HK is the most damaging follow after all, that sucks honestly =/ seems like Vega isnt gonna be the damage dude in the team.

It appears you're correct;
    c.mp x mk ST x df.hk to:
    d.hk == 295
    EX izuna drop == 357 (+62)
    super == 445 (+150 or 75/bar)
    EX izuna slash x super == 476 (worthless, see below)
    team super == 5xx (550 with rog; +255 or 85/bar)

I was also able to do:
    c.mp x mk ST x df.hk x lk ST == 281; I could only make it connect once, so I'm not sure if tagging on the super would do more than leaving out the last ST.

From the jump in:
    start with j.hp x hp x c.mp x mk ST x df.hk == 363
    tag on:
    team super for 6xx (626 with rog; +219 or 73/bar)
    super for 535 (+128 or 64/bar)
    EX izuna drop == 447 (+40)
    d.hk for 407

Meter appears to become more useful the more you spend; because the team supers remove recoverable health, they definitely seem to be worth using.
    ...and done for now @_@ Anyone got a witty subtitle for the thread?
    I sadly dont have Vega on English VA in this game so I havent heard any of his quotes/lines =/

idk something like "Beautiful combos" or some shit lol.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~