Spiders United - Juri Q&A and General Discussion

RammaRamma Team BlockstringJoined: Posts: 1,511
Post all your questions and general discuss here. I'll be updating this original post with a collection of frequently asked questions in a few.

Frequently Asked Questions:
What are Juri's best Anti Airs?
cr. HP, cr. MP, st. MK. Unlike SSFIV, Juri's best AA is cr. HP. You can jump cancel cr. HP into j. HP, which causes a floor bounce (G!) leading to st. hp xx LK Senpusha (Pinwheel).

What does jc mean in combos?
jc is short for jump cancel. You can jump cancel after cr. HP as an anti air or ground attack. You can also cr. HP ~ jc in the corner after a single hit dive kick. cr. HP ~ jc also works on tag in.

How is SFxT Juri different from SSFIV Juri?
In a lot of ways. See the above two questions. Her st. MP can now cancel into specials, making it one of her best pokes in the game. Also, her EX pinwheel has more invincibility frames, making it a much more solid wake up option. It also hits on both sides (but can still lose to a late cross up). Additionally, her Kaisen is now her super, which springs her forward and hits on both sides.

What are some ways to land Juri's super?
There are too many to list, but here are a few ways to land it. Combo followed by Ultra:
1. HK FB Store and Release anywhere on the screen.
2. MK Pinwheel anywhere on the screen (tight timing after patch)
3. Air juggle > cr. MK / st. MP (many other normals) anywhere on the screen
4. Ex PW > cr. MK anywhere on the screen
5. MK Pinwheel > st. LP/cr. HP > j. HP in corner only
6. HK FB Store and Release)

What are some ways to land Juri's Cross Art?
Again, there are quite a few ways, but know that you can land it off cl. st. HP.

What are Juri's go to combos?
Just a few, but here are some easier ones to land from the ground. Take note, you can mix in different normals on some of them. That's up to you to experiment.
1. cr. MK > LK FB release > cr. MK xx PW / FB Store
2. cr. LK > st. LP > cr. MK xx PW / FB Store
3. cr. LK > st. lk > st. MP > st. HK > Launcher
4. Corner Specific: Combo 1 using MK Pinwheel > cr. HP > jc > j. HP > st. HP > LK Pinwheel)
5. Corner Specific: cr. MK > FB Release > cr. HP > jc > dive kick > cr. MP xx LK Pinwheel/Super/FB Store

Can Juri's overhead combo?
Only on counter hit

How should I use meter with her?
Honestly, Juri doesn't need much meter. Her ex moves aren't fantastic. This isn't a bad thing considering you need 2 bars for a safe wake up option to tag cancel and her super does really good damage. So save your meter and use it when necessary.
PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief

Comments

• eiSHeiSH Keepin' it FreestyleiSH Joined: Posts: 1,575
    FFS, 324 ANTI AIR DAMAGE
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    9/13/2011 "President...... Thanks for all your hard work. Please enjoy your rest." - Maamen Beans
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - T.S. Elliot
    "There is no such thing as a bad heroine. There are only bad games." - Katsuragi Keima
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,557
    wow, what the heck. what's the notation? :D
    youtube sfv
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    FFS, 324 ANTI AIR DAMAGE
    Off the jump cancel cr. HP right? INSANE
  • venfaythvenfayth Joined: Posts: 239
    A while ago Desk showed off a short combo video of SFxT and I asked him about Juri - he mentioned he thought it was possible to land two fuhajin stores and releases in the same combo - anyone experimented with this at all?
  • Skatan MillaSkatan Milla Firecracker Thighs Joined: Posts: 2,094
    I'm thinking store, c.hp x jc, j.hp, c.mp x store might be possbile in the corner, going to try later today.

From what I tested c.mk x release is still significant advantage on block, so it's probably going to be worth it going for store enders most of the time since it puts them in blockstun easy no matter if the roll or just get up.
    Twitter: @TruthFaceSkatan

Swedish Firecracker
  • TYRWinterTYRWinter Joined: Posts: 3
    That anti air c.hp combo does really ridiculous dmg. Its also cool how her corner basic c.mk, fuhajin release, c.mk m.pinwheel can now end with another c.mk into charge or pinwheel. Anyone have suggestions of who would make a good partner? I was thinking vega due to his ridiculous poke range to link to juri. A styling tag combo into juri that i did was c.HP jump cancel forward into dive kick, c.mk into super. Does less dmg than just c.hp into super but looks cooler. You can also use EX dive kick instead for a wall bounce.
    What are some of the best "Juri" gem load outs? I'm going to add them to the top post. An explanation to why you picked it would be appreciated.
  • ShadolooDollShadolooDoll Joined: Posts: 2,932
    using her with bison, I like it. I feel her normals received better priority, her fireball cancels really aren't character specific or spacing specific, ex pinwheel hitting on both sides is godsend, and her overhead is stupid good with that speed. Very solid character
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    Her fuhajin bnb combos are easier. I'm not big on doing many chain combos because juri's bnb combos do a good amount of damage. I'm re-learning again as her dive kick is not the same as sf4. Her walk speed is a bit better. Counter confuses me. I was too sleepy at my friends house to really see if ex counter dodges ex moves. I need to rehaul all my corner combos. She can't keep as good of pressure as she used to in sf4. Her goal in the corner now is just to open you up. fs.mp does outshine my once beloved fs.mk in sfxtekken. Uh. anything else to mention, oh yeah. No teammate yet. Still-a searchin. Keep up the good work juris, we will have ton of new players in the coming months.
    JOIN THE LILI ARMY! FOFOFOFOFOFOFO!
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
    2012; Majors Gone to: Winter Brawl, Civil War 4, Capcom 25th Anniversary NYC
    Lili Reset Guide & Video Guide by yours truly JKF
  • hotaruhotaru Joined: Posts: 177
    Quick question, what leads to untechable knockdowns? I remember reading that only EX moves caused untechable kd and sweep/throw were techable with roll, but it could be different since Kail said we could 2HK juggle for untechable kd.

Also can you keep applying pressure after a safe divekick or is it like in SSF4 where you're at around -2 and unable to keep the pressure going, can someone test it? Any change in the height restriction?

A random idea, copying from the Cammy thread, 2HP jc jHP/MK on guard may set up ambiguous crossups? It could be a good way to keep pressure going if the 2HP has enough blockstun to make a Shoryuken go under Juri.

Also I couldn't find anything about EX Fuhajins, do they behave the same way? I only got to see a juggle ending with it, which created the double bounce similar to the one in SSF4 where you can dash > EX Senpusha after it.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Makin' Momma Proud Joined: Posts: 1,530
    Jump cancel cr.HP seems to be a good way out of the corner for now. I was doing a blockstring cr.LK, cr.HP xx JC, j.LK(crossup). An ok way to add pressure. You can be punished if they catch on to you.
    edit: question answered
  • Juri_kills_friend!Juri_kills_friend! Leader of the Lili Army Joined: Posts: 2,032
    Jump cancel cr.HP seems to be a good way out of the corner for now. I was doing a blockstring cr.LK, cr.HP xx JC, j.LK(crossup). An ok way to add pressure. You can be punished if they catch on to you.
    bitch slap adds the best pressure and can keep juri in long strings in the corner until you open up your opponent. throws are ass, don't do them very often.
    @Sniper
    Juri is a great point character. One i know her and two she just does good damage and makes it count.
    @Sniper
    Juri is a great point character.
    SFXTekken: Ken x Lili (Money Inc) and maybe juri and sakura, and rolento, and maybe nina too!
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,220
    Yo guys. Been out of action for what seems like forever, but copped SFxT today and have been logging in quite a bit of playtime. I'm wondering what characters are you partnering with Juri. I've been using her with Hugo and doing ok, but I don't think the big guy is going to be very good once people figure out what to do. I was thinking maybe King or Lili could work, but right now I'm just kind of relearning how to play her.
    Although Jump Canceling the cr.Fierce into Shikusen shenanigans are hilarious... Especially now that I learned that j.Fierce ground-bounces if comboed into... Juri's got a hell of a lot of potential in this game. I just need to find the right second to back her up...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Skatan MillaSkatan Milla Firecracker Thighs Joined: Posts: 2,094
    Juri works well both on point and on 2nd, she's an overall strong character.
    Definitiely seems like top8 material right now.

c.hp x jc backwards lk dive works well for pressure.
    Twitter: @TruthFaceSkatan

Swedish Firecracker
    Skatan I noticed in your Juri vid in the combo thread your partner was Xiao. I'm trying to learn her as well, have you found any neat tech?
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    Skatan I noticed in your Juri vid in the combo thread your partner was Xiao. I'm trying to learn her as well, have you found any neat tech?
    I think you're referring to my video actually. :P

I didn't really have time to train with anyone but Juri but she seems interesting. Then again, a lot of Tekken characters look pretty strong. I also wanna try out Yoshimitsu, King and Jin among others...
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
    Yeah, brain fart, ahah.

Xiao - so far, to me anyway - seems to be at first glance an incredibly complex character. She has horrible traditional anti-airs, but her phoenix stance makes her virtually immune to jumpins (except dive kicks ala rufus), she's got some gimmicks, but she's also got really strong combo potential (midscreen 400 damage no meter). She also has horrible wakeup options and horrible normals for the most part. She seems very hard to use. I'm going to keep working with her, though, I want to make her work :(
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    What are some of the best "Juri" gem load outs? I'm going to add them to the top post. An explanation to why you picked it would be appreciated.

Well I dunno about best but I'm currently running with a gem load out I call "Get Bent" Its Onslaught, Power and Speed -- they all activate at the same time.
    the little extra meter boost with increased speed and a little better damage output is working pretty good
    Chun Li currently Alt but needs to straighten her act up or Juri will need a new partner is running with 2 Onslaughts and a Profiency
    pretty much use her to build up and sustain the meter for Juri's havok. I don't run speed on Chun because it seems to mess with her moves unlike Juri
    for anyone curious look no further than Chun's jumping HP TC with speed on it only hits once ~ bitch needs to start acting right or my Alt from SSF4 is going to kick her ass to the curb. Juri is so beast! Chun is garbage
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • ||SSJTRUNKS||||SSJTRUNKS|| Addicted to Bacon Strips! Joined: Posts: 23
    I main Juri and I focus on her a lot in this game, and I was wondering if I place her First or secondary. I really think Nina and Juri work very well with each other in terms of juggles,and Asuka too. Learning a lot of new combos I'm enjoying a whole a lot. What Gems are good for her? I run Nina which is extremely beast love that character.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.-Theodore Roosevelt
  • RorshockRorshock CFN: WhreAreMyDragons Joined: Posts: 383
    I main Juri and I focus on her a lot in this game, and I was wondering if I place her First or secondary. I really think Nina and Juri work very well with each other in terms of juggles,and Asuka too. Learning a lot of new combos I'm enjoying a whole a lot. What Gems are good for her? I run Nina which is extremely beast love that character.
    I'm running the exact same team, and I tend to put Juri as the second character. Nina can handle herself very well without meter, and all of her combos (since they're so damn long) build a lot of meter. Juri, as well, handles herself well without meter, but I like to have super stocked with I pla as Juri, so putting her second works well for me.

As for gems, I haven't really found that they're that important. I run meter gems because...well...I like meter.
    The not good player.
    CFN: WhreAreMyDragons
    Damn. day 2 and i finally put maybe like an hour or less with juri. She's too damn good in this game. Her corner combos are so much fun =)
    J.hp cancel is gonna lead to a lot of new found pressure, especially in the corner.
    Still no teammate for her. I was looking at steve fox something about him seems purdy cool when he spins and stuff =D
    hope you other juris are learning well. Keep me posted.
    OOOH and found some nifty tech that i hope some juris find out as well. I won't say it yet. I wanna give it time for all the new guys to learn the ropes. Trust me it is gdlk!
    heh, well can't wait til you share.
    youtube sfv
    Is Juri's go to punish now cr hp, j. Cancel, dive kick, cr MK xx Pinwheel?
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,792
    I'm finding punishment opportunties a little weird online at least, seems like everything is safe on block in this game!!
    I find myself saying 'Whu? -- Whatever!"
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • Silver Rain 007Silver Rain 007 Professional Economist Joined: Posts: 2,108
    Has anyone had difficulty doing combos after Juri's chain into launcher? Whenever I do launch from st. hp with Julia I find it hard to hit anything coming in. But when I launch from Cr. HP its much easier. Cl St. HK to launch I can combo off of when coming in and far st. HK to launch I can't. Is this just me? Is it a timing thing? And does launcher from St. HP always whiff in the corner?
    I wanted to put something witty about Economics and E-Sports here... but all I can say is wow... the people who signed up to take my class on E-Sports... fail.
    answered your question in the other thread. but yeah st HP causes juggle state and launchers only hit grounded opponents.

i haven't tested far hk launch stuff, do you mean raw far hk and you can't cancel into launcher?
    youtube sfv
    Yeah, that's one of the commonly asked questions that is going into the top post lol.

Also, st far HK can lead to launcher.
    Heard her light pinwheel is now -2 on block.

character is scrubby as fuck now holy shit. Glad I put up with her since Super to 2012!
    i dunno bout that, it's really really unsafe
    youtube sfv
  • DemersonDemerson Joined: Posts: 101
    Yeah, as per the guide, LK Senpusha is -2 on block.
  • ||SSJTRUNKS||||SSJTRUNKS|| Addicted to Bacon Strips! Joined: Posts: 23
    I'm running the exact same team, and I tend to put Juri as the second character. Nina can handle herself very well without meter, and all of her combos (since they're so damn long) build a lot of meter. Juri, as well, handles herself well without meter, but I like to have super stocked with I pla as Juri, so putting her second works well for me.

As for gems, I haven't really found that they're that important. I run meter gems because...well...I like meter.

That's what's up lol. I'm working on her pressure and mixups for Nina.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.-Theodore Roosevelt
  • MetallicmikeMetallicmike Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Juri's Expinwheel is now an Anti Crossup, if it trades you can combo off the trade with cr.mk, which you can combo into lk pinwheel, store or super :)

With an extra meter you can also still get a combo off of it by tagging in your partner.

It doesnt pay out alot, maybe 10 damage or so and you cant follow it up, but with meter or a trade you can.
    SON OF A BITCH! I CAN'T FIND A PARTNER FOR JURI?! outside of ken tatsu she can't covert off of srk team cancel...
    She's so good by herself. i feel like i can honestly ocv a team. she's too good T.T
    Why can't juri just be paired with a clone or something...=( life is unfair man...
    SON OF A BITCH! I CAN'T FIND A PARTNER FOR JURI?! outside of ken tatsu she can't covert off of srk team cancel...
    She's so good by herself. i feel like i can honestly ocv a team. she's too good T.T
    Why can't juri just be paired with a clone or something...=( life is unfair man...

Hahaha totally agree. I'm using Chun with her. Team lesbian rivals?!
  • Misty ChaosMisty Chaos You've Being Mistified! Joined: Posts: 174
    So I finally got the game in the post this morning, a day before the EU release. I literally spent 10+ hours playing it today ( I only turned off the Xbox about 20 mins ago.... I have a pounding headache and my mind is probably fried too. )

So, my day 1 impressions.

Juri is some much better in this game. She finally has stuff that she should have gotten in the original version of AE and just seems more solid. I feel her zoning isn't as strong as in AE2012 but then again, I feel zoning isn't that great in this game from my initial impressions.

As for the partner I'm using, sorry Bison players but my impressions of him weren't good. I feel he is inferior to his SF4 counter part. Right now, I'm using Lili because I kind of like her playstyle, though I haven't being able to land any combos from Juri launchers with her yet ( I really need to explore more characters. )

On that topic, I had someone on XBL today think I was a girl because I was using Juri / Lili online. T_T ( Probably doesn't help my user name isn't the most masculine one ever and my XBL avatar is of Juri ) On top of several people asking me how I'd gotten the game a day early ( pre-order from a site that usually delivers before launch day. )

Online is buggy but playable, hope the sound issues are fixed ASAP ( better than gameplay issues imo. )

So that's my first impressions.
    SFV: Larua
    yay juri/lili.
    youtube sfv
  • RunefystRunefyst "Ha, ha, ha! Yeah!" Joined: Posts: 77
    Juri is a freaking beast in this game. I've been ocv'ing a lot of the people I play with, which is a good thing because I can't find a good partner for her!! I've been rolling with Asuka, but MAN to I suck with her.
    USF4: Juri
    SFxT: Juri, Alisa, Asuka
    MK: Mileena

• TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    Bit of a n00b question: When you guys refer to Jump Cancelling, do I need to hit down then up to JC or will holding up during the normal suffice?

I would test it out but I'm afraid I'm at work so the best I can do from here is Theory X Fighter.
    Bison 4 lyfe
  • TenguEggTenguEgg Joined: Posts: 1,152
    Bit of a n00b question: When you guys refer to Jump Cancelling, do I need to hit down then up to JC or will holding up during the normal suffice?

I would test it out but I'm afraid I'm at work so the best I can do from here is Theory X Fighter.
    You can just hold up