Sagat Teams

soulreaperx18soulreaperx18 Joined: Posts: 21
So what teams you guys got for Sagat? For me I'm using Rolento/Sagat..Rolento's a good point character that builds good meter and can tag in Sagat to land some heavy damage for me, then once Sagats in it's time for fun lol I'm still experimenting some team ideas for him but right now its workin real good.
PSN: BlOod-HaWk
UMvC3: Main Team Cap/Doom/Vergil, B team Deadpool/Dante/Akuma
SSFAE: Guy

Comments

• ZarukaZaruka the Fool Joined: Posts: 856
    i am running a akuma/sagat team right now. seeing how it goes but i might just put ryu back on or maybe switch to akuma/ Heihachi. since i am still trying to figure out how the system works.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarukaFu?feature=mhee my youtube account for all your scrub viewing needs. now you can watch me live with http://www.twitch.tv/zaruka.
  • Kelter SkelterKelter Skelter the kelly skelly Joined: Posts: 2,844
    Im using Kazuya/Sagat and it's not so bad right now. Sagat gives me a nice break from all of the rushdown Kazuya is doing if it's not going well. However Sagat feels so much different from SF4 I'm not enjoying it much.
    GRFGC.com - FGC in Grand Rapids, MI
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    Sagat / Cammy won me the local Gamestop's release tournament. As someone who played O. Sagat in ST and A-groove Sagat/Sakura/Cammy in CvS2, I think he feels much better to play in SFxT than he did in the SF4 series.
  • soulreaperx18soulreaperx18 Joined: Posts: 21
    Sagat / Cammy won me the local Gamestop's release tournament. As someone who played O. Sagat in ST and A-groove Sagat/Sakura/Cammy in CvS2, I think he feels much better to play in SFxT than he did in the SF4 series.
    I agree, Sagat feels alot more smoother for me to play in this game rather than SF4. Is Sagat/Cammy your order? And main reason I stuck with Rolento/Sagat was cas cause they also got me the win at the gamestop release tourny lol
    PSN: BlOod-HaWk
    UMvC3: Main Team Cap/Doom/Vergil, B team Deadpool/Dante/Akuma
    SSFAE: Guy
  • PrincePrince Yare Yare Daze Joined: Posts: 215
    Planning to give Sagat/Lili a whirl.

Seems like they will complement each other.
    Horizontalballlife
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    Sagat/Cammy was the order I played. I don't know if I'm sticking with it though; there are other characters I want to try out before I settle on a final team.
  • Tiger SlapTiger Slap Joined: Posts: 330
    Sagat/ Kazuya...team SCAR ON CHEST

Sagat/Heihachi

Sagat/Yoshimitsu
    You've slept with so many guys you started to look like one
  • SchmutzigSchmutzig Matt The Dad Joined: Posts: 197
    Sagat/Rolento

Even though Rolento might in a generic sense be a better point character, I'm by far better with Sagat, so I want him out from the beginning (and as much as possible).

Sagat in this game is fucking good, btw. So much fun. He feels overpowered tbh, but maybe that's because everyone else is trying new chars and I'm laming it up with my sfiv main.
  • PterodactylPterodactyl drenched in sauce Joined: Posts: 7,219
    Sagat/Kuma

I know it sounds weird, but they have this strange chemistry and it actually works pretty well.

Sagat can deal with those from a far, with his tiger shots, knees, and hard kick/f.hard kick while Kuma rapes them up close with his high damage easy combos.

of course they aren't restricted to only to this style of play.
    spread'em
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,984
    Sagat/Kuma

I know it sounds weird, but they have this strange chemistry and it actually works pretty well.

Sagat can deal with those from a far, with his tiger shots, knees, and hard kick/f.hard kick while Kuma rapes them up close with his high damage easy combos.

of course they aren't restricted to only to this style of play.
    I agree. Sagat has respectable battery potential which kuma needs in a lot of scenarios.
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • EmblemLordEmblemLord Lord of all Lords Joined: Posts: 5,781
    I feel like Sagat is good in both slots but slightly stronger on point.

He is an amazing battery and just slowly chips away at his opponent till they get in by that time he is sitting on bar for a cross cancel or tag in combo for his partner. He is great with a high damage partner.

Like most SF chars he needs bar for ex moves to deal lots of damage.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • the ghostthe ghost Trademarked?!?! Joined: Posts: 4
    I'm still trying to find a good teammate for Cammy, and was pointed in the direction of using Sagat, would anyone be able to fill me in on the specifics as to why they would work well together, and if the order really matters that they are in?
  • RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    I was hoping I could team Sagat with Juri, but it is no bueno. I will try Hwoarang or King with him next.
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    Currently running the King team of Sagat and King. Works fairly well
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Trying to run Steve/Sagat

I'm great with Sagat; I just need to get adjusted with the game. He seems to be more powerful in this game.

Steve...on the other hand, has Dudley-level potential when it comes to damage and counter hitting, but at the moment requires C.Viper level execution and with my average execution (...& godawful internet) it's just not working out like I want it too. Though, from what I hear from the Steve forums, Steve seems to work better as an anchor character.

My other Sagat teams that I'm having better success with:

Kazyua/Sagat
    Raven/Sagat
    Juri/Sagat

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • SchmutzigSchmutzig Matt The Dad Joined: Posts: 197
    Kuma/Sagat is my new team. The above poster is right. For whatever reason, I'm winning a lot more with them, and it's more fun too.
  • neemo6neemo6 huh what Joined: Posts: 563
    Im with Sagat and Rufus.
    SSFIV: Sagat/Rufus
    MvC3: Zero/Skrull/Doom
  • xToxikDeathxToxikDeath Henshin a go go baby Joined: Posts: 131
    Akuma/Sagat for me It's been working charms for me lately
    I tag in sagat do a ex knee wallbounce then again with a ex works great for me :D
    GT:diazt350
    Death is Certain Life is Not
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,859
    Sagat/ Kazuya...team SCAR ON CHEST

Great minds think alike! I've went Black skin, White scars. Badass.

Sagats my battery, I use Kazuya to lay out the damage. Currently putting damage Gems with Sagat as I want to capitalise if I land anything.

I really didn't rate him day one although fun but he's grown on me, especially since I've realised the importance of meter.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,868
    Is EX Tiger Knee really better for tag combos than EX Tiger Uppercut? I can get a Jaguar Knee combo off the latter with King no sweat while the timing is a hell of a lot tighter on the former. You also get way more damage. I guess it's safer on block if you don't want to combo into it?
  • ZeckasaurZeckasaur Joined: Posts: 30
    Rolento and sagat. Rolento is ridiculous on point, since he has fantastic pokes and pressure alongside meter build, and patriot circle tag combos into f. HK into uppercut is easily 500 damage, on top of being reliable enough for online play.

I also agree that sagat feels stronger than SF4 versions, because the f. HK never whiffs on a standing character, comes out faster, and actually works a lot like Ken's SF4 step kick did for closing distance. Also, the tendency of players to jump in a lot in SFXT means trading a l. Uppercut into f. HK into super is sexy damage. Anyone else notice that they can hardtag your other character in safely after a super? So huge.
  • J4!J4! Joined: Posts: 77
    Im running Sagat/Lili and Sagat/ryu i fall back onto ryu cuz well its ryu. But i feel Sagat and lili are great because Sagat just builds tons of meter and Lili loves to use meter to extend combos. Its a win/win!
  • NevermoreNevermore Scrubby in disguise. Joined: Posts: 1,194
    Rolento and sagat. Rolento is ridiculous on point, since he has fantastic pokes and pressure alongside meter build, and patriot circle tag combos into f. HK into uppercut is easily 500 damage, on top of being reliable enough for online play.

I also agree that sagat feels stronger than SF4 versions, because the f. HK never whiffs on a standing character, comes out faster, and actually works a lot like Ken's SF4 step kick did for closing distance. Also, the tendency of players to jump in a lot in SFXT means trading a l. Uppercut into f. HK into super is sexy damage. Anyone else notice that they can hardtag your other character in safely after a super? So huge.

How are you trading into the kick considering when you trade, even with a jab uppercut, you get blasted a mile back, way out of range for any followup?
  • il0veb00tyil0veb00ty Joined: Posts: 377
    Sagat/Ogre
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,095
    Sagat/Asuka: they cover each others' shortcomings perfectly.
  • Crabcakes410Crabcakes410 Joined: Posts: 194
    I play Ken/Sagat. I like to use ken to lay on some damage, and his tag cancel combos work well with Sagat.
    Both have uppercuts, and fireballs. And a lot of annoying links.... lol
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,859
    Sagat and Nina. Finally locked after a week of chopping and changing. Brilliant damage.
    How are you trading into the kick considering when you trade, even with a jab uppercut, you get blasted a mile back, way out of range for any followup?

Your spacing must be way off or you are just underestimating the speed of step rh. Its faster now at 10 fucking frames. That's 3 frames faster which also means faster kara uppercuts, you just gotta be on point. If you too far for another step kick then kara TU will hit for sure.
    Play me in Ultra plz. PSN is EmblemLord. Yes I play Sagat....STOP FUCKING LAUGHING AT ME!!!!
  • Joe SinghJoe Singh Joined: Posts: 291
    Running Sagat/Heihachi and I am...in love(lol). So much damage, and Sagat builds a ton of meter for Heihachi.

F+hk is great in this game. I think not only is it faster it reaches further, I was punishing Jump ins by Ryu FULL screen.

Sagat is a pretty big beast in this game, but low tiger shot is pretty ass :(
  • NevermoreNevermore Scrubby in disguise. Joined: Posts: 1,194
    Your spacing must be way off or you are just underestimating the speed of step rh. Its faster now at 10 fucking frames. That's 3 frames faster which also means faster kara uppercuts, you just gotta be on point. If you too far for another step kick then kara TU will hit for sure.

What are you talking about? I am talking about a trade hit. Whenever I was testing it out in training, every single time Sagat would recoil, and by the time he recovered both were way too far out of range to do anything as a followup.
  • SuperMeatismSuperMeatism sureyoucan Joined: Posts: 38
    Running a Sagat/Kazuya team right now. Sagat for poking and fireball pressure, then at some point I tag in Kazuya and mob them up ^^
  • CoosCoosCoosCoos Yep. Joined: Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Running Sagat/Rufus thanks to EL's teachings lolol...The king is too hype
    AE: Fei

Marvel: Mag/Doom/Dante

UNIEL: Waldstein
  • pjj5001pjj5001 Joined: Posts: 165
    Running Sagat and Kazuya/Abel

I'm finding more success with Kazuya however since my close up game with Sagat is still lacking. Also Kazuya is my answer for people who have strong pressure games since so many of his moves have armor or invincibility frames.

Running Sagat with meter building gems and Kazuya with damage gems and doing ok so far. Just need more match up experience and practice.
  • Mr SuplexMr Suplex Joined: Posts: 208
    Sagat and Zangief right now. Each character compensates very well for his partner's weaknesses.

I have Sagat on point currently because I want to get more practice with him, but I'm thinking in this arrangement that he might be better off as the anchor...I'm not really sure yet.
    Counter-picking is for cowards. Don't be a coward and stick with your fighter!
  • Golden-psycoGolden-psyco Human Database Joined: Posts: 138
    Sagat and steve right now. Although steve was always a shoe-in for me (because He's amazing as a character and that frame 3 super) I couldnt find any other interesting characters to be on point for him. Sagat is my favourite choice for the moment.I'm having a bit of trouble with sagat's links though XD
  • lycanscar950lycanscar950 Joined: Posts: 69
    Sagat/Heihachi is cheap, 1 meter nets u 533 dmg
  • AsicaAsica Joined: Posts: 146

Which combo are you referring to?
    KOFXIII: King, Andy, Ryo
    SSFIVAE2012: Sagat (Main), Abel (learning)
    SFxT: Hwoarang x Heihachi
  • Mr SuplexMr Suplex Joined: Posts: 208

Yeah I saw someone on the replay channel beasting with this team.
    Counter-picking is for cowards. Don't be a coward and stick with your fighter!
  • MICHAEL419MICHAEL419 Joined: Posts: 146
    I was hoping I could team Sagat with Juri, but it is no bueno. I will try Hwoarang or King with him next.
    What makes you say that? I have been running this team for a while and it's working great.
    Idk why you would run that team though it is a good one, it's not good because they have real synergy imo. It's good because Sagat and Juri are both great chars in general so you take a top tier and pair with another top tier ok you can't really go wrong though there are better choices.

Though Sagat is a great battery and Juri wants meter so eh maybe there is sum synergy after all. But I prefer Sagat with a Mishima or even Rufus.