Almost lost weight-Bob combo thread

GenistarGenistar Master DraydenJoined: Posts: 4,874
This is for all of Bob's combos.
USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

Comments

• FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Standard BNB
    cr.lp, cr.hp xx dp+lk,lp, cr.hp xx dp+lp (p follow up for oki, k follow up for damage)

Post launcher midscreen combo
    Bob runs in dp+lp, lp, st.hk *might be something better this is just what I found

Post Launcher corner
    dp+lp, lp, dp+lk, d+k, lp + mp
    <<>>
  • noSkillznoSkillz Grand Master of Hentai and Tentacles Joined: Posts: 122
    I think close st.:mp:,cr.:hp: should be used instead of jabs when you're close enough:

st.:mp:,cr.:hp: xx dp+:lk:,:lp: cr:mp:,cr.:hp:dp+:hp: into whatever ender for a stronger bnb

outside of corner, you can use cr.:lp: cr.:hp: instead of cr:mp: to make things easier
    I don't even know who to play anymore
    UMvC3: Spencer/Doom/Frank
  • KayoFrameTraPoliceKayoFrameTraPolice 佐藤 かよ Joined: Posts: 210
    Anyone found any meterless mid screen combos that break 200 yet?
    Best I can come up with is: Cr. Lp, cr. Lp , cr.Hp xx special step->Langue washer xx st.Mp xx Special step->Apres sweep xx cutting coppa

Edit: Nevermind should've tried the above combos before posting this.
  • Based God Doromac the Master ChefBased God Doromac the Master Chef Please Someone Change My Name Joined: Posts: 327
    here's a fun loop for people with execution
    special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p
    See if you can get more of those in there :P
    strider_by_doromac-d41jg48.png
  • ParagonParagon Joined: Posts: 70
    How do you get more than 2?
    The great white hope.
    Standard BNB
    cr.lp, cr.hp xx dp+lk,lp, cr.hp xx dp+lp (p follow up for oki, k follow up for damage)

Bob runs in dp+lp, lp, st.hk *might be something better this is just what I found

Post Launcher corner
    This combo is perfect. I think you should always end it with k though. If you end with kick you can do the heavy version of special step after the combo, if your opponent rolls on wakeup they'll land directly infront of you.
  • BonesawIsReadyyyBonesawIsReadyyy Is really bad. Joined: Posts: 202
    This combo is perfect. I think you should always end it with k though. If you end with kick you can do the heavy version of special step after the combo, if your opponent rolls on wakeup they'll land directly infront of you.
    Why not the Heavy Cracker (lol) though? I don't know the frame data or anything; does the light into light followup offer something better than the heavy equivalent?
    R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage
    I'm saying after you do that combo, do his Hk command dash aka "special step". That way you'll position yourself perfectly for you're opponents roll.
    That's a very solid strat but you misunderstand; I'm talking about the ender to the actual combo. I keep seeing everyone use the light version of Cracker into light followup, but I don't see what benefit there is to that over using the heavy version. If there is one I'd love to hear it.
    Sorry about that.
    That's a good question though. I'd like to know aswell
  • noSkillznoSkillz Grand Master of Hentai and Tentacles Joined: Posts: 122

You can also whiff st. jab and then st. short to time a jump in forward on their wakeup.
    I don't even know who to play anymore
    UMvC3: Spencer/Doom/Frank
  • PargeParge Joined: Posts: 170
    here's a fun loop for people with execution
    special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p, special step l.p+m.p
    See if you can get more of those in there :P

Man, I can only get five, so I usually finish with his special step mp, loving that combo though, works well as I tag in Rufus after EX-messiah, or when the opponent raw tags.
    My preferred ender to the Grachi loop is light spinner ball (HCF+LK) into Panini Press (D+LK) , then juggle with heavy Cracker (DP+HP) into the Pound Cake (P) follow-up for oki.
  • Paper_TankPaper_Tank Joined: Posts: 338
    Okay I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but how do you stop yourself from going into chain when you're trying to link? Like doing the BnB posted above, how do I stop from going into a chain from the lp to the hp so that I don't end up with the cancel restriction?
    SFxT: Vega x King, Elena x Marduk,
    Dudley x Steve, Balrog x Bryan
    Okay I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but how do you stop yourself from going into chain when you're trying to link? Like doing the BnB posted above, how do I stop from going into a chain from the lp to the hp so that I don't end up with the cancel restriction?
    Delay the timing a bit more, that's all there is to it.
    You can also whiff st. jab and then st. short to time a jump in forward on their wakeup.
    You could, but you would build a little bit of meter if you do the special step.
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582
    Standard BNB

Post Launcher corner
    How do you combo into lp after cracker jacker? Because the guy goes flying across the screen.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
    pressing light punch again is the follow up, so punch follow up instead of kick follow up.
    <<>>
  • ParagonParagon Joined: Posts: 70
    Can someone please go into more detail on how that loop works? I'm still not achieving anything after the 2nd special step lp+mp...
    The great white hope.
  • Philosophy123Philosophy123 Joined: Posts: 55
    Standard BNB

Post Launcher corner

After a midscreen launcher, a better combo is cr. mp, cr. hp, dp+hp, lp
    In the corner, after the DP+HP, P followup, you can squeeze in a heavy Giga Jacker (HCF+HP). The timing isn't tight at all.
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,290
    Can someone please go into more detail on how that loop works? I'm still not achieving anything after the 2nd special step lp+mp...

You have to keep doing each additional special step, lp+mp as fast as possible. If they go flying you've done it too slow. If you do it fast enough they will stay on the ground and go back into a crumple each time. Timing is very tight.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,874
    There is a special step into lp juggle combo but it only does 200 damage.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

• CrimsonCrimson Joined: Posts: 1,029
    HCF K, d+K, QCF + HP, HP

I think that works.
  • yuenyunyuenyun Joined: Posts: 50
    There are already a few standard combos listed, but I use some really basic ones. The ones I use mostly are:

bnb:
    (c.LP 1-2x), c.HP xx dpLK>LP, (c.LP or c.MP in corner), c.HP xx dpHP>followup
    I tend to end with the P followup because I forget about the K one honestly lol, but after the P followup QCF+HP in corner. You could take out the middle c.LP, but I just throw it in because I tend to miss the c.HP after languish washer.

HCF+K (doesn't combo) > d+K, dpHP>followup
    not much damage, but with the HCF+K high low mixup, hey free damage.

123chain > EX dpLK>LP, mirror first combo
    For those times when I have meter but don't feel like tagging. It won't do more damage than the first combo and costs a bar, but is easier to confirm.

Grachi loop
    Why am I listing this, I can't do it LOL. Is it a 1F link? It sure feels like it. Any tips for pulling this off properly?

123 xx super
    This needs no explanation.

post-tag juggle:
    c.LP, c.HP xx dpHP>followup
    Probably the easiest. I do this simply because I know I won't drop it. I seem to have trouble getting a dp+p coming in, can't seem to get the timing, but haven't found any significant change in damage so I just go with what I know I won't miss.

s.LP, c.HP xx dpLK>MP followup
    was messing around and found this one. The timing is a bit tight and both the LP and c.HP need to be done as quickly as possible, but midscreen this may be one of the better followups. Does good damage and decent positioning as well.

I can't seem to get c.MP > c.HP juggle midscreen though. Am I just timing that poorly?
    Anyone mind if I upload a vid of the granchi loop?
  • JBoxerJBoxer Scrubby fiend Joined: Posts: 16
    please do anything helps early on
    XBL: JD in SD
    The most I've gotten in the loop is 4...
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
  • ChadChad Joined: Posts: 1,290
    I only got three, but didn't spend more than 10 minutes on it. It seems entirely worthless to try that online. I'll probably practice it just for fun on the side.
    Here it is:
    Holy shit, that does a lot of damage.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    Can someone please give me a link to the video. For some reason I can't see embedded videos on here.
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,651
  • nevillebamshewnevillebamshew Joined: Posts: 728
    Here is a way to make the Granchi loop easier by abusing the game's input hierachy.

F, D, DF(Hold) + LK~LP > LP+MP

SFxT behaves exactly the same as SF4 in a lot of ways. One of them is the way the game decides which special comes out when two moves have the same motion, but a different button press.

Special Step will always come out over Bob's DP Headbutt thing (I forget the name) if both LP and LK are pressed at the same time, as long as DF is held which the game reads as a 'crouched' input. Like SF4, Kicks are higher up on the input hierachy and the game chooses Special Step to come out.

The practical application of this is to plink LK~LP on the DF input of Special Step so that the game repeats the input for two consecutive frames, making linking Special Step after Granchi has recovered a little easier.

I can guarantee that most people attempting the loop are getting EX DP coming out when going for another rep. This technique makes this a little easier, but the hard part is then cancelling the Step into Granchi at the earliest point to allow for the grounded hit, and the crumple.

It is possible to link two MK Special Steps into Granchi. EX Step behaves the same as LK Step, except that it gains ground back as it travels faster and so covers more ground before it is cancelled into Granchi, possibly meaning more than 6 reps, but I've not tried it yet.

Perhaps someone who mains Bob can take it further.
  • yuenyunyuenyun Joined: Posts: 50
    Testing some anti air combos.

If you anti air (or start a post-tag juggle) with
    dp+p>p, in corner you can do gaufrettes cutter (far mk>mp>hp) into another dp+p>p, qcf+p.

His cracker seems to have some invincibility, just a bit hard to time against airborn opponents sometimes.

Midscreen I havent tried many options besides a simple far hk.
  • SUPBABYSUPBABY Joined: Posts: 45
    in response to easier Granchi loop execution, you can just hit the corners
    example: 3~1~[3] LK~LP > LP+MP
    Personally I don't have any problem with the motions, it's the timing I'm having trouble with. Though I can hit 4 like 90% of the time. I'm trying with the plinking method but I usually get the DP due to negative edge.
    Random note: You can granchi loop into dp+k, mp tag cancel, into Jin loop (unless its banned) for ltos of damage and a free no meter super.
    <<>>
  • SixMachineSixMachine Joined: Posts: 2,346
    I can only seem to get 3 palms in the Granchi loop. I just end it with the Rising Shoryuken for now. What's everyone's preferred ender? I just do it because I think the move looks cool and gives me forever to tag cancel.
  • nevillebamshewnevillebamshew Joined: Posts: 728
    Personally I don't have any problem with the motions, it's the timing I'm having trouble with. Though I can hit 4 like 90% of the time. I'm trying with the plinking method but I usually get the DP due to negative edge.
    If you're using the method I described, then it's one of two things:

A) Your plinking technique is off and you aren't getting a proper plink on the LK, meaning the DP is coming out.

B) Your timing is off, despite having correct input technique. If you're getting EX Cracker, then it's more likely this.

Make sure you are holding DF when you input the plinked Step and that way Cracker will never come out. It will only be a timing issue if it does. Hope that helps.
    If you're using the method I described, then it's one of two things:

A) Your plinking technique is off and you aren't getting a proper plink on the LK, meaning the DP is coming out.

B) Your timing is off, despite having correct input technique. If you're getting EX Cracker, then it's more likely this.

Make sure you are holding DF when you input the plinked Step and that way Cracker will never come out. It will only be a timing issue if it does. Hope that helps.

I was just doing it too late it seems, the idea was to do the timing a bit earlier since you're plinking the special step, right? I'm getting better at it now, I'm just not used to plinking with my thumb, thanks for the input!
    I can only seem to get 3 palms in the Granchi loop. I just end it with the Rising Shoryuken for now. What's everyone's preferred ender? I just do it because I think the move looks cool and gives me forever to tag cancel.

Bonesawisreadyyy suggested using Panini Flip into HP Cracker, poundcake and giga jacker if you're in the corner. Sick carry on it as well.
  • SharinSharin Arcadia Fighters Joined: Posts: 857
    Is there any way to combo into the granchi loop?
    Yo soy PAPITO
    Is there any way to combo into the granchi loop?

Not that Bob can do on his own, your best bet is to have a move which keeps the opponent in hitstun then tag-cancel into Bob. You can also land it if you catch the opponent raw-tagging or using it to punish certain moves such as cammy's Cannon spike.
  • Vongo1aVongo1a Dr Expendable Joined: Posts: 200
    For those who use visual cues, you can wait until the dust disappears before you input the dp k. Nothing ground breaking, but it was good training wheels for me until I learned the actual timing.
    If you want to see how smart you are Click Here
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,279
    just a few random Bob notes (still doing extensive labwork so expect more soon):

giga jacker (qcf+p) has really high juggle potential. in the corner after spiral rocky (dp+k, mp) you can juggle a lp one. still looking for more applications with this. does anyone know if spiral rocky is fast enough to juggle in any post-pound cake combos? if you do cr. hp the fastest possible in the corner, it looks like it might be high enough for it to work. that would give bob a stronger corner ender (pound cake=> cr. hp=> spiral rocky => lp giga jacker)

so course picante (lp, lk, lk) is cancellable. midscreen, you can get an apres sweep (dp+k, lk) or an EX cracker into pound cake. still testing with the possibility of followup. perhaps more importantly, in the corner, you can cancel course picante into the lp or mp cracker and continue the combo after the floorbounce. this opens up a good combo starter if you ever don't feel comfortable hitting the cr. lp, cr. hp link.

btw, awesome stuff on finding the granchi loop!

cheers~
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    giga jacker (qcf+p) has really high juggle potential. in the corner after spiral rocky (dp+k, mp) you can juggle a lp one. still looking for more applications with this. does anyone know if spiral rocky is fast enough to juggle in any post-pound cake combos? if you do cr. hp the fastest possible in the corner, it looks like it might be high enough for it to work. that would give bob a stronger corner ender (pound cake=> cr. hp=> spiral rocky => lp giga jacker)

Well spiral rocky starts up extremely slowly at 18 frames, but I suppose it's something worth testing. Either way, interesting stuff with the Giga Jacker.
    so course picante (lp, lk, lk) is cancellable. midscreen, you can get an apres sweep (dp+k, lk) or an EX cracker into pound cake. still testing with the possibility of followup. perhaps more importantly, in the corner, you can cancel course picante into the lp or mp cracker and continue the combo after the floorbounce. this opens up a good combo starter if you ever don't feel comfortable hitting the cr. lp, cr. hp link.

On block, you cancel into LK Spinner Ball and continue with Lyonnaise Break for a relatively safe situation. It's -3 but pushes you quite far; Ken's HP DP can't catch it and outside of (possibly) Sim's stand short, I can't think of anything that'd reach at that speed. Not counting Gief super art, shit is dumb.
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link (they/them) Joined: Posts: 2,279
    oi just as a addendum to my previous post, I can't seem to recreate the giga jacker juggle off of spiral rocky. D: I honestly was not trolling or anything when I said that; perhaps it was happening in a slightly jumping state or off of a launcher, because I can't seem to get it to work off of just standard spiral rocky. of course, that doesn't really matter if we can find a way to insert it into juggles because then the opponent would be slightly higher.

I just wanted to reiterate that I'm not trying to spread misinformation or anything. been trying for a while (quite a few beers in mind you so that might mess up my execution) and can't seem to get it again.

stay hype for future Bob tech~
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    Here's the BnB in video form

YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 4,651
    oi just as a addendum to my previous post, I can't seem to recreate the giga jacker juggle off of spiral rocky. D: I honestly was not trolling or anything when I said that; perhaps it was happening in a slightly jumping state or off of a launcher, because I can't seem to get it to work off of just standard spiral rocky. of course, that doesn't really matter if we can find a way to insert it into juggles because then the opponent would be slightly higher.

I just wanted to reiterate that I'm not trying to spread misinformation or anything. been trying for a while (quite a few beers in mind you so that might mess up my execution) and can't seem to get it again.

I can confirm that this works too.. just have to hit them high in the air with spiral rocky.

I think it may be good sometimes to end our midscreen BnB's with spiral rocky too, as it allows a dash into ambiguous crossup attempt afterward if they quick recover, and if they don't quick recover you can jump back to catch the roll.

It is also possible to do cracker > pound > giga jacker midscreen, but it is VERY tight, needs particular spacing on the initial cracker, and for Bob to walk forward a pixel or two before the jacker.. If you fail, I believe they wakeup right next to you to punish your whiff jacker too. Difficult, and risky business.
  • SamuelVimesSamuelVimes Joined: Posts: 1,666
    Thanks for all the intel guys. Been practing the c.HP into special step for a while now, have not connected once. It'll be worth it though having a good BnB with Bob. I like how he feels and I do all right, I'm just not putting enough damage into my combos to win.
    It's just like anything else, if I am not seeing the motion after inputting the dp it means that I am doing it too early (or continual misexecution).

Also a nice post-launcher combo for those with my level of execution: HK, Cracker, K. Does 338 off a manual launcher. Ending with punch does 50 less but I guess this is better range for Bob to be in?